Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: BethM The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 12:45 AM
Happy Sunday!

Just got back from Chicago. All in all it was a pretty fun week. I decided to come back early so I could have tomorrow to get things done. On Thursday I head out for New England to see family and MY ocean. When you are landlocked as I have been, I find I have become very possesive of My ocean when I finally get to see it again!

So last week I talked to ex and was as frustrated as ever. There were some insurance statements that he had reminded me that he needed and I promised to stick them in the mail. Truth is that he leaves me so frustrated by what he thinks our relationship should be that I decided to sit down and type out 3 pages of "telling it like it is". I wrote it and put in everything and more of what he did and why I don't ever have to forgive him if I don't want to. This has always been a theme with him. He hates that I won't say what he did was ok, and everytime we speak he wants me to feel sorry for him and be OK with it. So I wrote this big long scathing letter about how his "road to happiness" was paved with the hurt that he caused to all of us. Further telling him that until he deals with his issues nothing will ever changes. Then I read it over and realized that it didn't really matter if I sent it or not. In fact it was better if I didn't, because just getting it out and mapping out all of the hurt and pain was enough for me. My final note just read, "Here is what you were waiting on. Hope all is well." The End!

Truth is I know the score. In fact, I know it better than he does. I've dealt with it and needed to figure out how much forgiveness I needed to allow myself in this whole mess. Now the rest is on his plate.

Oh I also saw Jersey Boys yesterday and LOVED it! It was really good. I didn't realize that it was a Bio of the 4 Seasons and not just about the music. Pretty Cool!

Hope everyone has a fun Labor day planned!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: sofaraway Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 12:58 AM
I need a good drink tonight Bethie, how about and nice shot of Old Bushmills chilled neat......

Ian
Posted By: sofaraway Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 01:00 AM
Bethie, I have had the same thought about writing a nice little letter to the STBX.

But you are dead on, it just goes nowhere so why bother with it. They have to face the reality of it all on their own, anything we say goes in one ear and out the other. Glad you had fun in Chitown, and the ocean will be great....I am jealous.......

Ian
Posted By: qoe100 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 01:15 AM
Beth, I saw Jersey Boys a few weeks ago and loved it too!! Those actors were so talented and if you closed your eyes you would believe it was The Four Seasons, huh?

Glad you got all that "stuff" off your chest, but, me, I'd have sent the letter!!!! Who cares if he gets it or not? At least he'd know exactly where you stood and that would be important to me.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 01:22 AM
Beth, I saw Jersey Boys a few weeks ago and loved it too!! Those actors were so talented and if you closed your eyes you would believe it was The Four Seasons, huh?

Glad you got all that "stuff" off your chest, but, me, I'd have sent the letter!!!! Who cares if he gets it or not? At least he'd know exactly where you stood and that would be important to me.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 01:29 AM
Well I have to say that the adrenalin was flowing when I wrote the letter and it turned into a masterpiece. I didn't burn it or tear it up. I kept it for me because it explained the whole process and when with all that was said and done, I've come full circle. I'll leave it to him to wonder and possibly worry if I will ever forgive him or not. That isn't my problem.

Yes Jill, Jersey Boys was better then I thought it would be and also different than what I had imagined. I lived in Jersey before I moved here and the play made me homesick!
Ian, I'll think of you when I'm body surfing and eating lobster. See I do have a heart!

Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 05:08 AM
Wow, I've written a whole slew of letters that will never be delivered to W. I've written them for catharsis and have filed them away.
Posted By: FLTC Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 11:01 AM
Beth,

I think we write these letters for us. When the WAS looks at it, it becomes an annoyance; a wall of words. If they cared about how they treated us, they'd change or they would ask. Keep the letter. Good move.
Posted By: Gypsy Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 11:45 AM
Hey Ms. Beth..

If you're scooting through CT, stop in and say hi!

"Jersey Boys" was a fun show. I never realized that the Four Seasons wrote so many songs. I especially loved seeing a young Joe Piscopo.

While married the effort was always about teamwork, being a couple. In the divorce it's about me healing and getting to a place where I can make good decisions. I don't treat him like a husband since he no longer is. He's becoming cardboard to me.. isn't that strange? My therapist told me that everyone ends up having to process eventually. It's better to do it upfront rather than waiting until later. I can take care of me, be the momma for the kids and he's on his own.

Good job on writing the letter.

Better job in not sending it.

Best job in knowing where you stand and what's right for you!

*hugs*
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 01:50 PM
Beth--
I think we have all written that letter, either on paper or in our heads. Just as they have a predictable playbook, I think we may have one, too. The whole process. We just go through it on our own personal timeline.

If you were to send it, I am positive that his mental gymnastics would only twist it to further justify himself. It never ceases to amaze me, but in reality, how would they look in the mirror every morning, otherwise? Maybe they will come to the realization on their own, someday. I think most of them don't.

Are you going through NY/CT?
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 03:11 PM
Hi NC, Gypsy, FLTC & Donna..............

Yes, I know about that fantasy of sending "the letter". I have imagined myself doing it since before I was divorced. The letter that I finally wrote was everything that I had felt from the day of the bomb. The thing is that I know in my heart that he still doesn't get it. If I'm honest, I was making it too much about how what he did made me feel, but the real reason that I'm angry now isn't about what he did to me, but about how he continues to treat our children. All 3 of them are in a great deal of pain because of his actions. The oldest and youngest are more vocal (guess which one of us they take after), so they get it out. My middle one is having a really rough time with it and it hurts to see her this way. I do know that he knows, but it's easier for him to make excuses and turns it back on them. This was not just a man that the kids called Dad. He was the BEST father I could have hoped for my children. I can't even imagine what it must be like to no longer have his kids in his life.

I do know, and I have to keep reminding myself, that he is a coward. It's easier for him to avoid what he's done to them than to face the kind of truth that he would be faced with. At some point I have to turn this relationship with their Dad over to them and now is the time. My job is to keep working to make our relationship as strong as it can possibly be. My goal has always been for my kids (especially my girls) to know that I am strong and that I will be OK.

If I were driving home I would look you all up in a heartbeat, but I am flying. Driving takes way too long. My cousin lives in Hartford. If I ever go into visit her I will let you all know.

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: NoCodeBlues Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 04:17 PM
Hope you're having a great day, Bethie.
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 05:12 PM
Quote:
The thing is that I know in my heart that he still doesn't get it "quote"

And they probably never will Beth. Glad you wrote the letter and got things off your chest. I really need to do that. I am just afraid I might actually send it .

Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 05:29 PM
Hey Bethie
Just a quick note to say I love you!

B and I went and got Starbucks this a.m, so natrually thought of you, and , well I love you! lol
Posted By: sofaraway Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 08:33 PM
Quote:
the real reason that I'm angry now isn't about what he did to me, but about how he continues to treat our children.

I believe that how he treats your kids is one reason, but I also believe there is some anger over what he did to you Bethie. That is not unreasonable you know. Reality is you/we all have reason to be angry or hurt by that.

I know anger over the children is real, you know that I am currently living that to an extreme. However I also couldn't write that letter right now because I am also still angry with her. Reality is until we get that talk/email/phone call from them with a reasonable apology and admission of their mistakes, there is going to be some anger simply because we feel we at the very least deserve the apology.

My point in all of this is that I understand what you are saying, but I also want to make sure that you know that it is okay for you to still be upset and hurt by what he did to you. One of the things that troubles me with people is that they sometimes forget that they have a right to be hurt. It doesn't affect your day to day or how you live your life, it just simply is hurt that you carry with you because of the complete and utter lack of closure. Do you understand what I mean?

Anyway, reality is that your H and my W are like two peas in a pod when it comes to their children. My W also used to be what I considered the best mother that I could ask for. It is very hard to watch someone whom you admired for that ability to now seemingly have lost all concept of parental responsibility. I think for people like you and me it is a driving force for us to be great parents to our children and try as best as we can to compensate for the lack of two solid parents. Very sad that it took that happening to our children, and all we can do is our best for them to soften the blow.

Keep taking care of yourself and being that wonderful mother Bethie.....

((((((Bethie))))))

Ian
Posted By: LL44 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 11:17 PM
Hey girl. Good job writing the letter and then keeping it with the person who would understand it: you. Because he'll never hear what you *really* have to say.

I have never written a letter to H specifically, but journaled for about 6 months, starting from the day of the bomb on...I suppose those are letters in some form.

Wonder if H has ever read my journal? I know he snoops from time to time.
Posted By: Iwondertooo Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/01/08 11:49 PM
Hi there, well good thing you wrote that letter and good thing you did not send it. So good all around. You know what Beth, he does not deserve that honesty from you. And he would definitely use it against you. It's all business until he choses otherwise.

Hey do you mind if I vent for a moment? I have had contact with my x lately about business. A check was sent to me wrapped in a news story of a bunny rabbit that saved a family. This was not neutral general interest stuff. He got me a bunny rabbit for a second wedding anniversary gift and we loved that pet for 7 years.

Some of these people live on another planet and they just do not know what they did! They have no empathy and that's the way it is. How we didn't see it is a mystery. I read in some book recently that people do not change, they just reveal who they are over time. Oh well, now we know what we know so far. Cheers, Wonder
Posted By: SallyM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/02/08 12:23 AM
(((HUGS))) Bethie, I think its great that you wrote the letter. and yes, I understand about h's not getting it...even though mine eventually did, I will always remember when he didn't.

so are you still here, or are you back? it is GORGEOUS in new england right now, that's for sure...hope you are here enjoying it. and yep, totally hear you on the landlocked thing. the year I spent in st. louis after college was hard as hell. but the ocean is here for you anytime. maybe sometime when you are back we can meet up!

take care of you
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/02/08 04:25 AM
I love you bethiecakes
Baboo says hi

we are exhausted

i hate moving

and
building shelves
and
getting ready for school

ACK!!!!

im not ready
and
my skirt isn't even ironed

i suck asssssssssssss

but I love you

i sent the letters i wrote
who cares if he gets it

i sent them for me
i knew he was too dumb to get it
but I wasn't
and
i sent them not expecting him to get it
i had come to terms with what a short bus rider he really is

and
you bet I am angry
i am angry that people that inconsiderate get to breathe my air

not bitter
because they hold no more power

maybe incredulous is a better word

anyway

mucho mucho love to you gorgeous one
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/02/08 02:43 PM
Hey Bethie!

How was your weekend?
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/02/08 06:26 PM
I would just read my letters aloud to him. Got the point across and I would be less emotional when I did it. All I know is that I felt the better for it and he seemed(key word) to get it. Ha ha!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/02/08 06:36 PM
Trip!

Just got here and I have so many replies that I'm a little overwhelmed and don't know where to start!

Well your ex's amount of brain damage must not have been as intense as mine. All he keeps asking me is how long I'm going to stay mad at him....HELLO!!!!!!

Hope you had a good weekend. Did you spend it with FA?

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/02/08 07:01 PM
Hi Bethie!

Overwhelmed, you say? Pour yourself a whatever, that helps me when I feel that way. Hehehe! Just kidding. Not really but you know what I mean. ;\)

Yeah, mine is brain damaged alright but in a different way perhaps. Besides, he may hear me but he doesn't listen. Nothing new there! Story of my life.

Pretty good weekend. Spent half with FA, half at home. Lucky for him, he had Friday off so that was great.
Posted By: HappyToday Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/02/08 09:44 PM
Quote:
All he keeps asking me is how long I'm going to stay mad at him....HELLO!!!!!!

Bethie,

Tell him you aren't mad, you just don't associate with dirtbags any longer.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/03/08 12:21 AM
BETHIE!!!!!!

Heyya girl. I gotta tell you what a relief it was to not get the 'bail out call' this weekend that I've come to expect from you. It's been a tight month so thanks for your thoughtfulness!! ;\)

Also, MMMMM... LOBSTER!!!! Please eat a couple for me cuz I have been DYING for lobster. I want to go. Can I ride in your suitcase???

Have a great week. Catch up wit ya soon..
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/03/08 08:54 PM
bethie......................................

can you shoot me an email on my old address so I can coopy it to my new one

i suck monkey butts
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/03/08 08:55 PM
i mean copy

jeeeeeeeeeeepers

darn cold
Posted By: Briget Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/03/08 09:10 PM
Figgy,

Put down the monkey.Go wash your mouth and leave the monkey alone.

Hee Hee no more nytol for me.
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/04/08 01:04 AM
but but but

i mean

butt butt butt

and

i am so congested it comes out like

i suck bunkey butts

(siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh)

and

i think i am so much funnier than the kids think I am
Posted By: Briget Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/04/08 01:10 AM
I'm sick to.I have been sick since Sunday.I hope you feel better soon.This sucks bunkey butts.LOL
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/04/08 02:04 AM
I hope you feel better briget

being sick sucks

the hardys were mocking my rudolph nose and I am so fuzzy headed I can't remember what i did in school
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/05/08 05:08 PM
Happy Friday Bethie!

So with all this monkey talk I was just wondering if... I mean... you know if your... well you know what I mean.
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/05/08 05:08 PM
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/05/08 05:19 PM
Fig, I thought you knew better than to bring up the monkey subject around Bethie... You remember what happened last time don't you?
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/05/08 05:28 PM
darn it

i keep forgetting

it's all the drugs i did in the 60s!!!!!

(just kidding...I wasn't even a thought yet in the 60s!!! but you know I have to clarify in case anyone takes me seriously!!!!!)
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/06/08 04:35 AM
you tootsie roll

can you return an email or something

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepers

smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/06/08 01:32 PM
Hi, Bethie!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/06/08 04:02 PM
WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW don't get your panties in a bunch! I'm still at the beach. The only reason I broke down to and came online was because I spoke to Brennie (sadeyez) this morning and she told me that I had mail. So I will go to Hotmail and reply to you right now. How's that?

Hi BH....how's it going? Are you settled in?

Well better run. I have some serious seafood to eat..............

Love,
Beth
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/06/08 05:40 PM
Does fig even wear panties?

Enjoy the seafood, Bethie. I am so jealous!
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/06/08 09:01 PM
only sometimes and always at school.

i fall too often to not have something on under my skirts

(I wish there were classes for clutzes so I could learn to not trip over my own feet)
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/06/08 11:26 PM
Originally Posted By: fig

i fall too often to not have something on under my skirts

save that for private time with BH!
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/06/08 11:27 PM
Posted By: Lissie Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/07/08 01:27 PM
Hey you love shacker!

MUAH!

Have fun and eats lots, and then get your ass back at Zumba.!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 12:09 AM
HaPpY MoNdAy!

I got back last night and walked in the door around 11:30. It seems so surreal that I was just on the beach yesterday morning and yet last night I was back to in the Midwest. The ocean isn't all that it's about. Being with the people who love me unconditionally is a very hard thing to leave. Anyway, I got to have fried clams and the biggest lobster and more wine then 1 person was meant to have in the same night, so in that repsect it was a success! I even got to watch the Red Sox get creamed by the Texans in a bar full of Boston fans. Haven't done that in a while. The bad thing is that my son came home but I wasn't here to spend time with him. So that was sad to me.

While I was at the beach I ran into a couple of friends who didn't know my sitch. Explaining what went wrong in a nutshell never gets any easier, but I try as best I can to make it short and sweet. The other strange thing that happened is that I had a message on my machine from my SIL saying that she was "sorry she missed me but would call again". WOW, she must be really sorry because she's been missing me for 2 years or however long it's been since she last tried to call. We used to be very close but when I realized that ex's side of the family never even called anymore to check on the kids, I stopped making the effort. I can't imagine what she wanted or why now, but I guess she'll call back if it's something important. I have no intention of calling any of them and risking letting any of them dredging up that kind of hurt ever again.

This month I have 2 parent weekend for my girls & a girls overnight at a spa and I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

Have a great week!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 12:16 AM
well

this month i have 10 more boxes to unpack, a bunkbed to build, laundry and
and
and

nuts

i have nothing fun planned this month

and

the nearest thing to pass for a spa is probably 200 miles away

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

but at least I am not pirating with ants crawling up my butt!!!!
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 12:18 AM
well

this month i have 10 more boxes to unpack, a bunkbed to build, laundry and
and
and

nuts

i have nothing fun planned this month

and

the nearest thing to pass for a spa is probably 200 miles away

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

but at least I am not pirating with ants crawling up my butt!!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 12:32 AM
HAHAHA....you figgied as usual!

The old ant up the butt thing gets really old doesn't it? I'm glad for your sake that that's 1 pain in the a$$ that's BEHIND you!!! ;\)
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 12:38 AM
All this butt talk may bring wii on over!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Trip
All this butt talk may bring wii on over!

Oh no don't do that!
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:07 AM

i think my azzz found some extra weight too

i was wearing a little gray dress and i seemed bottom heavy (cough) but i am blaming my shoes!!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:10 AM
HAHAHA.......I understand how the shoes COULD throw the whole outfit off. They are so clunky and uncomfortable and sometimes they make our whole body swell........
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:15 AM
i know

and

i couldn't find my gray heels so i wore my patent leather black witch type shoes

which are cool

but dont match

it was the unmatching that threw the whole thing off!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:18 AM
Since you were wearing your witch shoes, why didn't you just cast a spell to change them? AW, I bet you looked cute. I know you're just funnin' us!
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:26 AM
Ladies, I really need to catch up with the whole shoe buying thing. I just have never recovered from when I turfed a bunch before moving.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:31 AM
Don't you think you should go to the source? Ask Lissie.

Oh sure I can tell you everything you need to know about men (cause I'm so good at that! HA) fig can tell you everything about unpacking and ant removal. Karen can tell you all about wine and I mean ALL about wine (gulp gulp gulp catch my drift?)...but Lis is the go to girl for shoes.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 05:37 AM
Quote:
Karen can tell you all about wine and

umm excuse moi?? me Karen?? me?? why I could of sworn that was a bottle ,or I mean a glass of wine in your hands at the party I was with you at, was it not????

ok so I know about WHITE wine, ask Bethie abour red.
Posted By: SallyM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 11:02 AM
hey bethie! so sorry I missed you while you are in town, but glad you had a good visit.

interesting about your SIL. hmmmm
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:52 PM
Happy Tuesday Bethie!

I hope you had a good vacation!

How was the beach???????
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 01:52 PM
Morning, Bethie!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 02:55 PM
Hey K,

If the shoe fits....oh no the shoes thing was Trips post, dang!
Well has there ever been a wine you met that you didn't like? Don't get so huffy. You know I'm right!

Hi M!!!!

I'm sorry that I missed you as well. Another reason I may be back sooner than I thought is because I have a sick Aunt. So hopefully the next time.

Hope your Husband's job hunting is going smoothly. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!

Love,
Bethie

Good morning ALL,

The beach was great! Nothing like the ocean to make you feel alive. Little bit of a rip tide due to the hurricanes but all in all not bad.

BH!!!!!!!

You're back!!! I've missed you. I was afraid that the wicked witch of western Minnesota locked you away somewhere never to be seen again. I'm so relieved!

How's the job?
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 04:22 PM
Quote:
Well has there ever been a wine you met that you didn't like

Yer point???

what am I missing what about your SIL?
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 04:59 PM
hey
i resemble that wicked witch remark!!!

Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 05:33 PM
No locking away here. Just inundated with life. The job's a job. Time will tell beyond that.
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 06:27 PM
Hey Bethie,

What's a rip tide? Sorry but there isn't much Ocean front property here in Minnesota.

Love shack was just playing on the radio. Thought I'd better check back in.
Posted By: Valentine Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 06:32 PM
Bethie, hope you had a good vacay...

And a girl can NEVER have too many shoes...

Hugs,
Vali
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 06:40 PM
Well All it's like this...........

It's a really strong current that usually comes as the result of a hurricane. It's very hard to get out out once you're in one because it takes all of your strength to swim against it. This one was weird because it didn't go in a straight line towards the shore but more north to south along the shore and maybe a 1/4 mile in length. So the lifeguards were making everybody was swimming and boogie boarding move down the beach so as not to get caught in it.

......and that is my scientific explanation! HAHAHA

Did you get up and dance when you heard The Love Shack come on?
Posted By: Lissie Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 07:44 PM
Quote:
And a girl can NEVER have too many shoes...

ain't that the truth

Where is shoe princes to agree

I think we may need a partay soon
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 07:53 PM
i want marie antoinette shoes

where do I find those bad boys

and

Cookiepants

i signed up to get a catelogue from your favorite store!!!
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 08:47 PM
Hmmm, I guess we don't have rip tide in Minnesota lakes... Probably because we don't have hurricanes.

Hey, I always get up and dance when I hear the Love Shack come on. I even made $10 (a bribe just so I would quit singing along) \:D

Just gotta love VS huh fig?
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 08:51 PM

it is actually apostrophe or automology or something with an A and I can't remember it now

damn old age

but i love the free panty card I get from VS!!

too bad the nearest one is like 3 hours away now
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 09:11 PM

Quote:
but i love the free panty card I get from VS!!

...and someday maybe she'll start wearing the panties..........
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/09/08 10:06 PM
maybe

;\)
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/10/08 12:19 PM
Dang,I had the blaze orange thong and a case of wine all ready to go and I still missed the party. \:\( The mods must be getting up early these days.

Oh well, no hangover at least. Woo Hoo!
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/10/08 02:28 PM
Panties? We don't need no steenking panties.
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/10/08 03:35 PM
my panties don't stink
\:\(
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/10/08 04:38 PM
For sure. Steenking was an adverb, not an adjective, in this case.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/10/08 06:55 PM
Code:
 Ever heard Victoria's REAL secret? Too much support hurts.

Dumb I know, it was actually on one of my quotes of the day. ;\)
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/11/08 04:45 AM
Victoria's real secret, that no man cares about, is that those are all fake boobs.
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/11/08 02:05 PM
bethie if you don't email me back i am going to slit my throat and blame you!!!!
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/11/08 02:12 PM
Please, no!!!

Is that passive-aggressive?
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/11/08 02:13 PM
maybe a little ;\)
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/11/08 03:59 PM
Hehehe! Seems to be rampant around here.
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 12:28 PM
Happy Friday Bethie!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 12:59 PM
Happy Friday to you as well ALL! I love Fridays cause that means football is just around the corner and I plan on overdosing in it this weekend!

fig, BH & Trip.......you kids have been very naughty and you've done it all without me! I'm so proud of you all!

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!

I plan on enjoying my downtime this weekend. I have to go tonight to listen to a group at a local coffee house/bar and Sunday night I have my dinner group, but other than that it's a me weekend. The next 2 I have family weekends for the girls, so they'll be busy with lots of driving back and forth ..ugh! Oh and to make life all the merrier I have to pay quarterlies this week.

My girlfriends son is a the starting Quarterback at Princeton and they play Dartmouth in November. This could also be a chance to see my big Bro since he went to Darmouth but I'm already taking 1 of my girls and going to Florida on Halloween weekend to see another friends son play football for Florida. I sure wish I was independently wealthy, it would make life a whole lot easier!

For the longest time my youngest was still writing out all of her forms as if her Dad and I were still married. This kind of shocked me the longer this went on, and when I asked her why, she got so upset and said that she didn't want to be different. The truth as well was that she didn't want to face it. Last night she told me that she put in the reservation for parents weekend as Ms EM. This was a first but I also think that it's a sign that she's more at peace. I used to think that I was so lucky that my kids were older and I wasn't left with 3 little ones running aorund, but older children do bring a whole other set of problems when there's a divorce. Especially a whole lot of hurt and anger at having to let go of the only life they've ever known.

I never did hear back from SIL, so I have no idea what the call was all about. I have no plans on calling her back to find out. As far as I'm concerned I don't owe any of them anything!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 02:18 PM
Great, as usual, Bethie.

Although, I don't know what you mean by "naughty". I'm the moral backbone of this place.

You know why your kids have learned to deal with this?

Because their mom set an incredible example. Just saying.
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 04:07 PM
i love you bethie and i can't wait for you to come here so i can lick you
and give you purel
but lick you for sure

lets plana time and i will convicne lissie that it is vital for her to come and we can get ALL to come and
and
and
and

tonight there is a high school football game

we are going

and

i am wearing my lime green docs!!!
Posted By: klm Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 04:13 PM
Hey Bethie,
How old is your daughter? I can empathize with her as I was 22 when I first learned of my parents problems. Before that, I had no clue. Everyone said I shouldn't be upset since I am older and should understand....I don't think being older makes it any easier on the kids. It rocks their world just the same. It took me a while to come to terms with it, and have only this year even begun to tell friends about their divorce....5 years later. Like your daughter, I didn't want to be different.

It does get easier though, it just takes time. I can say that seeing my mom happy and enjoying life has helped tremendously. Just as BH said, you have set an incredible example for them.
Posted By: FiatLux Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 04:13 PM
Hey Bethie,

I love this time of year too - football, fall weather, upcoming holidays... very nice. The dog days of summer have their own positives, but I'm looking forward to some great games this weekend too. Go Cal - beat Maryland!!!

You have a good read on your D. Probably a little of both, huh? Acceptance of herself, including being different from those with intact families. She's blessed to have such a deep Mom.

Hope you have fun!

- FL
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 04:24 PM
heyya bethie... have a great weekend and enjoy the football!!! I wish I were watchin' with ya on sunday!!! You know how I LOOOOOOVE football season!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 05:31 PM
Hey Bethie

Happy Friday!

Hey, will you fly into Boston next week and take care of my baby ?? He may need his Auntie Bethie lol

Have a terrific ME weekend!
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 08:52 PM
Originally Posted By: BigHands
Great, as usual, Bethie.

Although, I don't know what you mean by "naughty". I'm the moral backbone of this place.
You know why your kids have learned to deal with this?

Because their mom set an incredible example. Just saying.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....yeah!

Thanks for the compliment BH. I am lucky though because I do have 3 pretty darn kids, not perfect, but good!

Have a nice weekend with my partner in crime!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/12/08 10:58 PM
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/15/08 06:17 PM
HAPPY MONDAY!!!!! UGH!

Fun weekend AND the Pats won!!! YAY!!!

My girlfriend who runs the jewelery store in my building came in to tell me that she was filling out the papers to give the deed on her house back to the bank. I'm sure it's better than letting it go into foreclosure but still, it's so sad. The house has been in her family for 70 years and had belonged to her Gramma. Her nitwit husband had had it appraised for $70,000 over what it's worth now, plus he owes the government thousands in back taxes so he's got nothing lef to give her. As if that wasn't enough, he was supposed to have fixed her roof and waterproofed the basement. With the rain we had over the weekend, her roof leaked and is trying to fall in and her basemnt has a foot of water in it. Even with insurance their deductable is so high that she just can't afford to do the work. Wait until his girlfriend finds out his financial health and that he doesn't have a pot to piss in. Something tells me that she's not going to like it too much! So right now I'm thanking the Lord that at least my ex was a saver! (oh I guess I shouldn't mention that part right? After all I didn't earn it being a stay at home Mom and all)

I'm a little ticked at my kid right now. My 19 year old is in honors college and was lucky enough to have full tuition paid for through scholarships which she won't have to pay back. However, this doesn't include living or personal expenses. She also was lucky enough to have a part time job (11 hours per week lifeguarding job). So she has a little spending money, but the majority of her money for living is split 50/50 between her dad and myself. The other daughter is at school on a full ride from both of us. So my 19 year old called and asked how much money I was going to be depositing in her account. Since April we have given her $6,000 yet she's worrying thinking because we don't pay tuition that we should be giving her more. Give me a break...and yes, I do know that my kids are spoiled! This kind of pissed me off because last week she needed a suit since the big 4 come in this week to set up the internships for next summer. I gave her a gift card that I had from the Limited for $50 dollars thinking that she could put that towards a suit. Well she did but it still was $190.00. When I was reminding her how much money had been put in her account since last spring I reminded her that she was supposed to be a poor college student and why does she think that she needs the top of the line in everything? My answer was that she wasn't alone and everyone in the school of business was expected to go out and buy a GOOD suit. Ha... sorry but I don't believe that all of these kids can spend so frivolously! So this is something that I am definitely going to have to address and put a cap on from now on.
Dear old dad gets to go on with his life and never has to worry about this crap or making sure that the kids do what they're supposed to. So once again I have to be the wicked witch of the midwest! Oh by the way, he called this weekend to ask if I was ok. Yeah, like that's a call I want to return! Sheesh!

Anyway, this weekend ended up being a lot of fun and now I am paying for it physically, but the best part is that monetarily it cost me nothing!!! HA 2 nights out drinking Lord knows how much wine....Priceless!

Have a great week.........

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Lissie Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/15/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Dear old dad gets to go on with his life and never has to worry about this crap or making sure that the kids do what they're supposed to. So once again I have to be the wicked witch of the midwest!

Oh let him go on with his half assed life. How wonderful can someone's life be, when they have lost their children?

I just don't even understand how one wakes up in the morning knowing it is their fault they lost their children

Join us in the First HIVES Club of financial difficulty. Things are tighter than a nun's................

sooo I hear ya sister. Prayers, hugs, and good wishes for you today and every day babes.

Now, how about a Chocolate Martini YUM.
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/15/08 06:33 PM
if you are the wicked witch then I am your sister

thank God we have those kick assssss ruby slippers, yes!!!

;\)
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/15/08 07:53 PM
Me likey the witches.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/15/08 08:31 PM
Hey Lis!

Yes, you're right. When I start to get really overwhelmed and mad at him for not being there, I think just that. Would I for 1 minute want to not have my kids in my life? Noway. Besides, kids are supposed to be pains in the butt, right? Oh he acts like, "what can I do? They hate me." (see he's the victim here)

No I can't imagine how when someone is all alone with just the quiet of their own mind, how they could ever feel like they got what they wanted, and I think that after a certain period of time they would know this, even if they never admitted it!
Posted By: BigHands Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/16/08 01:16 AM
Karma's a beyatch.
Posted By: LL44 Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/16/08 01:31 AM
Poor poor victim Dad.

Quote:
No I can't imagine how when someone is all alone with just the quiet of their own mind, how they could ever feel like they got what they wanted, and I think that after a certain period of time they would know this, even if they never admitted it!

See, my H is talented enough to combine the 'its not my fault our marriage failed' with 'I miss my kids...boo hoo'. When he gets sad leaving them (to go sleep at his dads, remember. Where he WANTED to go), he says 'You are the one that won't let me stay here.'

Here's 2 tissues. One for my H and one for your X.

MWAH Beth!
Posted By: fig Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/16/08 01:37 AM
youre nice
i would let them snot all over their damn sleeves

i mean

what the hey

you don't do their laundry any more
Posted By: Trip Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/16/08 04:49 PM
How are you today, Bethie?
Posted By: FiatLux Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/17/08 02:54 PM
Hey there Bethie,

That's a great example of teens, wanting their independence, but also wanting their hands held (or bills paid) by Mom and Dad. Parenting thru those ages seems hard enough without your counterpart fading away, but then again, you are the great Bethie, so I'm sure you're up to the task!

Doesn't make those kind of moments any more pleasant tho, does it?

Here's hoping your Hump Day is a better one.

FL
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/18/08 08:06 PM
Hey Bethie
I have to LOL when i see you write Children of the Corn, you are something else lol
and Yes to your remark on BH thread. I guess the word "tired" is relative isnt it?

I tell ya what I'm getting tire of though!!!! ;oO

Hope your week is going swimmingly
any plans this weekend for a special day coming up??
Posted By: BethM Re: The Love Shack # 14 - 09/18/08 08:12 PM
Hi K,

I hear ya'. I'm tired of the same crap as well. "Oh you are all so smart! Why didn't I think of that?"

Today was another rollercoaster here but at least we closed up (for now anyway!) So that's really why I'm tired!

Well K, I used to call them village of the damned but I wanted it to be more warm and fuzzy. Afterall they are my children! ;\)
© DivorceBusting.com