Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: spitfire23 Life's A Journey 9 - 08/05/08 05:07 AM
Hey GB! Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family. Hope you are getting a great son-in-law. And, yes, save your pennies...weddings are outrageously expensive these days.

Went to the Irish Festival this past weekend. It was my first one. Very enjoyable. Say, what IS up with all those roundabouts in Dublin? And they keep adding more! Guess the city fathers think it's classy. It is certainly fun hanging out in Dublin. I do a lot of people-watching since I am from the other side of the tracks. Very entertaining, if you know what I mean.

Hope you are not roasting down in the Lone Star state.

Take care and check in when you get back.

Hope all of my other cyber peeps are surviving the summer. It was beautiful here on the weekend. Guess we can expect the dog days to hit us soon.

Later,

Spitty
Posted By: BethM Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/05/08 07:10 AM
Hey Spitty!!!

I'm first!

You sound as if life is treating you good. So nice to hear. Hey I'm a people watcher too. One of life's little pleasures!

Take care..........

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/05/08 02:47 PM
Hey Bethie!

You didn't request a drink!? What'll it be?

Yes, I am enjoying life greatly. It was hard to imagine when I was on the other side of this divorce mess, that I would ever be happy again. I always had a "sense" that things would get better, but I never knew for sure. There is a verse in a song sung by Wynonna Judd that says,

"I found no comfort in placing blame. I saw the hope that lay just beyond the pain. The past is a prison and I won't wear those chains and I won't hide."

I identified with that completely.

Have a great day.

Spitty
Posted By: BethM Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/05/08 02:55 PM
It's always nice to see good people happy. Love that Winona but don't know if I've ever heard that song.

Ok, since you mixing I'll have a Singapore Sling. Man that brings back memories....well fuzzy ones but memories just the same!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: sgctxok Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/05/08 04:18 PM
Hi spitfire....

What are YOUR goals now?
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/05/08 08:37 PM
Hi SG,

My goals are:
1. Complete my unfinished "organizational" goals of cleaning my office, bedroom and closet.

2. Begin and complete my kitchen remodeling project.

3. Explore/investigate the feasibility of a real estate/ business venture that I have been considering since my divorce. Opportunity is knocking as it never has before.

4. Take some classes to improve my computer skills.

5. Spend some quality time with my mother and my sister.

Thanks for making me write them down. It helps me to focus as I have a tendency to be a scatterbrain.

Spitty
Posted By: FA Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/10/08 03:38 AM
I'm with you on the computer skills thing!!!!!!
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/10/08 02:24 PM
Hey Spitty,

Sounding good!

Those all seem like worthy goals.

Are you in Ireland?

SG
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/11/08 12:34 AM
Hi SG! NO, I'm not in Ireland. I'm in beautiful Central Ohio. Dublin (Ohio) is a suburb of Columbus. It's a pretty nice area of Columbus and I am NOT from there. I come from the other side of the tracks. I do hang out there a lot as my BF lives close to there. They have some nice restaurants and they throw a really good Fourth of July celebration.

I like to tease about it with Goin Batty since he is from the area.

Hope all is well with you. Thanks for checking in.

Spitty
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/12/08 04:24 AM
Yup, and ol GB is south of the I 70 and only on rare occasions makes it up to Dublin (well, every 5,000 miles to get the "toy" an oil change anyway) Missed the Irish festival with darling neice in the Dublin feish and she finished third in her class. But she does her Irish family proud everytime she takes the stage and GIVES IT HER ALL. What more can you ask of anyone (even if they are from the state up north)?
And one of these days will be spinning around I 270 and spot the Spitty car and give a waive. Spitty will spot the license plates ( F and know in an instant it's GB. Or, it will never happen.
What the heck, life is a journey, great people near and far, within a dozen miles or across the pond. And they all meet here just because of a few cards dealt the wrong way in life's journey. And yet we go on.
Peace to all of you that read this.
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/12/08 04:24 AM
Yup, and ol GB is south of the I 70 and only on rare occasions makes it up to Dublin (well, every 5,000 miles to get the "toy" an oil change anyway) Missed the Irish festival with darling neice in the Dublin feish and she finished third in her class. But she does her Irish family proud everytime she takes the stage and GIVES IT HER ALL. What more can you ask of anyone (even if they are from the state up north)?
And one of these days will be spinning around I 270 and spot the Spitty car and give a waive. Spitty will spot the license plates ( F and know in an instant it's GB. Or, it will never happen.
What the heck, life is a journey, great people near and far, within a dozen miles or across the pond. And they all meet here just because of a few cards dealt the wrong way in life's journey. And yet we go on.
Peace to all of you that read this.
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/12/08 04:38 AM
The "edit" button didn't work very well this evening so there are a lot of mis spells in the last post, sorry.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/16/08 03:14 AM
Hi GB
I do look for you on 270. I figure our paths may accidentally cross. I'll be waiting for that honk and wave. Wasn't it a great day today? Perfect for the convertible.

Have a great weekend.

Spitty
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/19/08 12:20 PM
Hey Spitty

What's tall in the middle and round on both ends????????

O-HI-O ......... Ha!

Ok that was lame but it's early so I'm just warming up.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/19/08 08:09 PM
Hi ALL!

Yeah, that was pretty lame. But thanks, anyway. It's great hearing from you. We do have a little chant around here that goes O-H and the response is I-O. It's a little OSU Buckeyes thing. We're pretty stuck on our Buckeyes. And for those of you who don't know, Buckeyes are trees with these dark and light brown nuts. Guess they sort of resemble a buck's eye????? Hence the name. Yeah, don't ask me why they decided on that mascot. Doesn't seem really threatening to me. Guess it is unique, though.

Hope you all are having a great summer. Only a few more weeks till hockey season starts!!!

Hugs,
Spitty
Posted By: BethM Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/19/08 08:18 PM
spitty,

So good to see you posting even if you did leave us all out of the loop. That's ok because I always think that no news must be good news. Hope life is treating you well........

As you can see ALL is still the same or actually better since the lobotomy!

Take care........

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/19/08 08:20 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Stay tuned, I'll be here all week.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/20/08 02:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I had an encounter with the EX this week. First time I had seen him in over a year. We had some unfinished financial stuff to deal with regarding our divorce. EX still owed me some $ on the division of property. For four months, through emails, he has been trying to convince me to take a "discounted" payoff of the property settlement. I kept declining because it did not make financial sense to agree to such lunacy. I knew there was something foul amiss or he would not have kept at me. I finally convinced him that I wasn't taking a lesser amount of money. And then, lo and behold, I receive an email from his bro telling me that he was going to pay off a loan to his brother (my EX). My wonderful, superior lawyer had made sure that the money EX owed me was secured by the money his brother owed him. Confusing, I know. Bottom line: I received a final payout for all of the money EX owed. No discount.

It was so surreal sitting at the bank with Wanker and his other brother,Daryl, no, I mean WankerII. They smile and try to small talk and act like they aren't the conniving shysters that they are. Lying and deceitful till the end. It was very entertaining for me. I am so glad that I am not a part of that family anymore.

My EX was pleasant and friendly but uncomfortable. He didn't know what to say so he asked me about the upcoming hockey season. I could think of 3 very important things he could be asking me about (Sons!) but that never happens. It did not upset me at all to see him. I felt no sadness or regret or connection at all. Strange, but also lovely to have that feeling.

I doubt that there will be many (if any) more post-D encounters. It just doesn't seem like the opportunity will come up. He has distanced himself from the boys and thinks he is the Dad of the Year because he takes them out for lunch every so often. He has declined to help with taking S18 to college next month. It appears he wants to remain "hands-off". Whatever. That's between them.

So, Wanker encounters aside, Spitty is having a great summer. I love the warm weather and do not look forward to it getting colder......except for the hockey, that is. \:\)

Later, Friends,

Spitty
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/20/08 03:31 PM
Woo Hoo! Way to go Spitty! I just love it when the good guys (or gals) win one once in awhile!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/21/08 12:18 AM
Quote:
with Wanker and his other brother,Daryl, no, I mean WankerII

LOL thats funny!

No encounters w/ exs is a good thing!
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/21/08 01:53 PM
Hi Karen,

I know I need to work on my smarta$$ mouth but sometime these people push me too far. \:\) At least I didn't call them Dumb and Dumber! Well, not to their face anyway. Just thought it!

Have a great day!

Smartmouth Spitty
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/21/08 02:11 PM
Hi SS (smartmouth spitty)!!!

You sound awesome and isn't it great when the wankers can no longer get under our skin.

Wish I would've had something in my D papers about the money X's family owes us.....damn!!! Half of that would be a lot of money!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/21/08 02:31 PM
Yes Spitty............

Please work on the smartmouth thing. It's totally inappropriate and rather shocking to me! \:o
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/21/08 03:41 PM
Way to go Spitty!

So glad you are done w/ wankers I and II.

\:D

SG
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/21/08 08:48 PM
Well spit
I say he/they deserve to call them anything your heart desires!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/21/08 11:34 PM
ok that should read:

I think YOU deserve to call HIM/THEM anything your heart desires!!
ok nap time!
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/22/08 02:03 AM
\:\) I knew what you meant, Karen.
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/22/08 02:37 AM
Well that's another dumb one I've now heard. Doesn't want to help with moving S18 to college next month?!
Geeze.
I was right there with x1 and her hubby moving DD into the freshmen dorm and out, same with soph year, junior year in the frat/sorority house and finally senior year in the apartment. The three of us adults were right there lugging the stuff up and down the stairs. Last load, for the last time graduating senior, my x1's hubby looked at me and said " wow!, seems like we just did this for the first time and now it's over ". And I said "I wouldn't have missed any of it". Nod of approval. Headed down the highway with three cars, unloaded at x1s,sat down and had a couple of beers together and some high 5s.
Wanker (I'll refrain from other adjectives) doesn't know what he's going to be missing.
You enjoy moving S18 in (save the tears til after). It will go way too fast!
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/23/08 02:39 PM
Thanks, GB. Yeah, I sometimes wonder if EX will ever "get it". I have the occasional fantasy of him lying in his bed,a diapered 85 year-old invalid, having a moment of clarity. Sort of a "What have I done?" moment.

But, that's just my fantasy. My HOPE is that my sons and future grandchildren will not be warped by their "relationship" with him. I will take to my grave the regret that I chose this man to be the father of my children. That is something I have to live with.

Have a good weekend!

Spitty
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/23/08 02:44 PM
Originally Posted By: spitfire23
Thanks, GB. Yeah, I sometimes wonder if EX will ever "get it". I have the occasional fantasy of him lying in his bed,a diapered 85 year-old invalid, having a moment of clarity. Sort of a "What have I done?" moment.

OMG, this is too funny!!! Hope my X is his roommate.
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/25/08 02:28 AM
Three messages on my answering machine tell me there is a big moving truck in front of my x2s on Saturday (Why do these people think I give a r@ts @ss at this point? four years after D?!)
X2s sons both signed up for the military service (both when they turned 19), last one in May. Now is that a clue as to how desperate they were to get away from mom?
I don't know if your Wanker will ever get it. But seems like my x2 has pretty well alientated her two Ss (but could be because she wasn't playing with a full deck as the docs told me).
Both sad sitches, they may never "get it".
I don't have regrets. My x1 has those now. x2 is just crackers so she doesn't know any better and I don't hold her accountable.
The docs told me that one day x2 will "wake up" and wonder "what did I just do?" - except that may be months, years, decades later. ("Don't wait around for her to do that.")
Life goes on for us Spitty. Try to enjoy it.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/26/08 02:14 PM
Yes, GB. There are those people out there that will never "get it". Should we not then be grateful that God, fate, circumstance...whatever you believe... has removed these people from our lives? I know it sounds trite, but I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. People are not meant to live their lives in sorrow. We are meant to live in happiness and abundance.

DB has some great ideas and I believe in what they are trying to do. There are many, many divorces that shouldn't happen and they have some great suggestions for trying to save those. Unfortunately, not ALL marriages can or should be saved.

I did not deserve the crap I went through with the Wanker. On the other hand, I did not "deserve" all the good things that have come to my life since the Wanker has been out of it, either. I will live my life in such a way that I "earn" all the blessings that have come my way.

It's beautiful today, isn't it? Have a good one.

Spitty
Posted By: BethM Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/26/08 02:28 PM
Quote:
I did not deserve the crap I went through with the Wanker. On the other hand, I did not "deserve" all the good things that have come to my life since the Wanker has been out of it, either. I will live my life in such a way that I "earn" all the blessings that have come my way.

Yes you do deserve everything, all of the good stuff and more! You've already earned it. You are a good person and a great Mom. You fought the good fight even when it was hard and not particularly kind to you. The rewards and blessings you find yourself with now are there because you did the right thing!

I'll have no more of this kind of talk Missy!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/26/08 06:17 PM
Thanks, Bethie.

I guess that didn't really come out right. I am sometimes overwhelmed by how much better my life is without the EX. I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination. I don't want to ever lose sight of that by becoming comfortable or complacent. I want to make a difference in any small way that I can.

Life is good.

Hugs,
Spitty
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 08/27/08 12:57 AM
I could not say it much better Spitty. I didn't have to run off x2, she flew herself. Every now and then, I'm reminded somehow of what "life" used to be like in that R in the later part. Mind you, it started out great, and had a wonderful long run. And then ...MLC amongst other stuff that hit her all in a short period of time.
And now I step back and view my life some four years later after the h@ll years. And I too cannot believe how I have been blessed with all the right people at the right time having been inserted into my life in those years. Those around me just marvel as to how life has treated me and where I am today.
It's not an accident, it's not a random play of the cards when you have faith and believe.
I'll say it again: I could never have written or scripted this part (the now) of my life any better.
Life is grand!
Multiple hugs to all - GB.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/08/08 02:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

Well, three years have officially past since my EX sent me the email that he wasn't coming home. Wow. Sometimes 3 years seems like an eternity ago and sometimes it feels like it all happened just yesterday. When I pause to think back to that time, I marvel at everything that happened. I can remember talking myself into "surviving" and "coping". I literally lived my life in twenty minute intervals. I'd convince myself to hold it together just long enough to do x, y, or z. Eventually the twenty minute intervals got longer. Mostly, without me noticing.

It has been a remarkable 3 year journey for me. I learned a lot about myself. I always knew I was tough. I just didn't realize how tough. I can remember my middle son being so worried about me after the EX left. He would keep checking on me, asking me if I was alright. One day I said to him, "Don't worry, Honey. I'm from a long line of tough Broads." He smiled at me and said, "So am I." It was so cute. I'll remember it always. And I will also forever remember him lying on my bed, crying, proclaiming that when he had kids, he would be a good dad. The disintegration of a family is devastating for kids, no matter how old they are. Have they accepted it? Yes. Do they see and get along with their dad. Yes. Have they been forever changed by all that happened? Most definitely.

There was a lot of heartache on this journey, but also a lot of joy. I so wish that I could convince the newbies and others who are still struggling, that it will get better. I don't think you ever completely forget the pain and the sorrow, but you do recover. The good, or joyous, part of this experience is that I have a much better relationship with God, my family and myself. I always "liked" myself. But now, I really know who I am. That's a great feeling.

And, not that I was looking, but I somehow ended up in this pretty special relationship. My guy is a wonderful person and a GOOD MAN. Ironically, finding this board and hanging out here introduced me to a lot of good men. Or, opened me to the possibility that GOOD MEN do exist. I guess I had forgotten that along the way somehow.

Well, it was beautiful here today. Fall can be so lovely. I wish everyone a wonderful week.

Hugs to all,

Spitty
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/22/08 04:01 AM
Hi Friends!

It's official. I am now an empty-nester.

It feels pretty good right now. Wonder how tomorrow will feel?

Later,

Spitty
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/22/08 06:23 PM
Hey Spitty,

You're going to do great! Woo Hoo!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/23/08 02:19 AM
Hey Spit
Welcome to the empty nesters society! \:\)

Funny I had put that on my my space and got a message from some woman who has an on line empty nesters club! lol

Ups and downs thats what I found. Sometimes ya miss em, sometimes, not so much lol
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/24/08 12:47 AM
Psst!. Not so loud.
This is when you find out how nice it is to sleep in without having to worry about the breakfast menue for the heard in the morning and get cracking at 7:30 to start preparing. This is when you don't have to fight over the remote for the TV and actually watch whatever you want (even though there is mostly 100 channels on cable and nothing on - that's why I don't do cable) . You don't have to do laundry today if you don't want to.There is no more searching throughout the entire house for "mom I can't find ...".
AND, you now can make plans (or not) to jump in the Spitty Car and go where YOU want to go and not have "TAXI" plastered on the side of the way too cool car.
AND, get this (!) , you can actually PLAN a vacation (with or without your gentleman friend) and actually GO THERE without working around a household full of people's other plans you've been working around for years.
OK, I admit, this will take sometime to get used to, so gradually try to work into it without overloading yourself.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/24/08 01:43 AM
Thanks, Friends!

Yeah, I think I'm going to like this. I've been out for dinner the last two nights!

I do love and miss my baby boy.He is such a great kid, but it was time for him to fly. I miss all 3 of my boys. They do call whenever they need something, though. Kids!

I continue to work toward my goals. My business venture is still in infancy stages but it's moving along. I think I have found a location for it and will start on the renovation soon.

You guys keep me smiling. Thanks!

Spitty
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/25/08 02:55 AM
If your new business venture has anything to do with wine, let me know when you open the doors, I'll help pull a cork (or twist a Steven's cap) for you on the first bottle!
Otherwise, make contingency for someone you can trust to run it while your away. This is the time in life to enjoy, not to do 16 of 24 - 7 days a week.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/29/08 04:29 PM
Hi GB!

No, my new venture has nothing to do with wine. Think: Girly Pampering.

I do love wine, though. If you are a fan, you should check out The Wine Guy. He opened a couple years ago as a wine retailer and has expanded into food. He's doing so great with his store in Picktown that he recently expanded into the new Creekside area in Gahanna. There was an article in the little local paper saying that he was going to have a store in Dublin and Grove City next year. He stocks a ton of wine and has wine tastings every Thursday. He's a great guy and seems to know his stuff when it comes to wine. I do know much about wine, but I do enjoy sampling it every now and then. \:\)

Gotta run. Tons to get done before the hockey game tonight. Did you know that hockey season is here again? Spitty is happy! We won Saturday 4-3. Hope springs eternal for me with my hockey team.

Take care,

Spitty
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 09/29/08 05:00 PM
Hi Spitty!

Glad you are enjoying the empty nest. For me it was a mixed blessing, but ultimately a good thing. Now I feel like a curmudgeonly old lady set in my ways as I shuffle around the house in my bathrobe and bunny slippers!

Quote:
I do love and miss my baby boy.He is such a great kid, but it was time for him to fly. I miss all 3 of my boys. They do call whenever they need something, though. Kids!

That's the way it is! And that is how they show their love!

Today my boy called me after his dental appointment. I had offered to drive him, and he did it all on his own. Bless his heart!

Good luck on the business venture. I am all for girly pampering!

SG
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 10/23/08 12:49 AM
Hey SG....I bet you look great in those bunny slippers!

Nothing really new to report on here. I'm quickly approaching my DB anniversary. Hard to believe I've been here this long. The good news is, I'm still alive and kicking. The bad news is that it takes a really long time to heal from the trauma of divorce. Life is good and I feel like I'm doing great, but sometimes the anger and sadness are right below the surface and the littlest things make them race to the top.

Or maybe it's just menopausal hormones! \:\)

Later friends,

Spitty
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 10/23/08 03:03 AM
Hey Spitty , still haven't spotted that cool car tooling around 270, but one of these days ...
Yes, it does take some time. Seems I bounced back last couple weeks when I heard x2 left town, couple folks asked me where she went. I "have no idea", that's what I told them, and I don't, and realized I didn't care. Does take time, and all former Rs are different./ Did spend an hour on the phone with x1 this evening, and that was just fine in contrast.
Careful around those hormonal things. Those did my x2 in.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 10/24/08 07:05 PM
Hi GB!

Well, the cool car is about to be put in the garage for the winter. She's only allowed out from April thru October unless we have some exceptionally good weather! So, any Spitty sightings will have to be in my "mom mobile",Honda minivan. My tag shows my allegiance to my fav hockey team, so if you see me on the outer-belt give a honk.

I was just kidding about the hormones! \:\) But, if there are any ladies out there suffering thru menopause, try Flaxseed Oil capsules. Some much older ladies turned me on to them a couple months ago and I've had wonderful results. Night sweats have disappeared and no hot flashes! Plus, they are suppose to help your heart and skin. Don't know how it works, but it does..... And GB, I know that some women do go bonkers with the hormones. My experience has been that they did it their entire lives though. From the beginning of their "womanhood", through birthing babies and on into the next phase. I don't know of any woman who just loses it at menopause. Everyone is different, though. And sadly, some women use "hormones" as an excuse for bad behavior.

Great seeing you here. Have a good weekend

Spitfire
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 10/25/08 12:26 AM
Can't say that x2 ever used it as an excuse, she thought she was just fine. It's the rest of the world that was viewing her that declared her bonkers.
My basis for saying "watch out" was based on conversations with women that went through similar, but not as drastic as my x2. Thankfully they opened up to me, spilled the guts as they say, and gave me a much better understanding of what x2 was going through. Granted that was a small sample of a half dozen or so, but they all had similar stories. All of them regretted they had not sought out some sort of treatment. From what the docs told me about x2, she was a 5 in a 100 that get hit that bad. In contrast, I know a lot of ladies that are going through it, been through it, and they are doing fine (relatively speaking) and cannot relate at all to x2 nor the half dozen that openly talked to me about their experience.
So, that's what raised the hair on my neck.
You too take care, thanks for stopping in and letting us know how you're doing.
I'm off in the steel tubes again to New England next week, probably just in time to see bald trees and piles of leaves instead of fall colors. But, that's my luck.
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 11/12/08 03:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well, GB, I hope you did get to see at least some of the awesome New England colors. I thought our trees around here were pretty colorful this year. The last couple of years they have been sort of blah. Don't know why we were blessed with the beauty this year but they were gorgeous.

I've had a little set-back with my GAL project. Very complicated, but the place I was planning on getting didn't pan out and then the person I was planning to do my project with had to move so we are on hold for a couple weeks. We will start looking for a new location in a little bit and get back on track.

I'm still working on my house getting those projects completed. My BF is very handy and has helped me with a lot of maintenance issues. He is so sweet to help out. And so patient. EX was not overly enthusiastic about home maintenance and would often lose his temper when smaller projects inevitably turned into bigger or messier ones. It's so refreshing to not have to deal with that attitude.

There has been a very slight crack in the door of communication with the EX. I had to contact him about an unrelated business issue and then added some info in the email about our boys and the current issues that each of them are going through. I didn't expect a response but I got one. And it was civil. I do not have any desire to have a "life" with the EX, but I do think our communication needs to improve with regards to our sons. I have to co-parent with this man, regardless of the past, and I feel our sons will be better off if the two of us are on the same page. Anyway, I see it as progress.

Hope all of my cyber friends are hanging in there. We're quickly approaching the holiday frenzy. Don't let the madness get you down!

Hugs,
Spitty
Posted By: FA Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 11/26/08 04:34 PM
What's going on there Spitfire!!!!

Watcha up to these days!!!!! Been one here as long as me now....how's life??!!
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 12/17/08 01:23 AM
Hi FA,

Nothing is going on. I'm full blown into my holiday frenzy. Did a marathon wrapping session today and still have some shopping to do. Bah Humbug.

Check back later.

Spitty
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 12/17/08 01:08 PM
Hey Spitty!

Woo Hoo! I don't get on here much anymore since all the banishing's took place but I decided to do a quick fly by this morning and saw you had checked in. I just figured I'd drop in and say hi. Yee Haw!
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 12/17/08 03:45 PM
Nice to see you, ALL. You snowed in up there in the Great North yet?

Merry Christmas!

Spitty
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 12/18/08 04:15 AM
Spitty, it snowed on me in Vegas on Monday.
U don't have to go north/
And no, I did not go for a walk in the desert, it was too d@mn cold! Gimme 105 degrees anytime!
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 12/20/08 07:02 PM
Hi GB,

Snow in Vegas. What a bummer! Have I mentioned on this board that I HATE winter? The only thing that makes winter tolerable for me is hockey. Some well-meaning friends have pointed out that cities in the south have hockey teams. I just can't do it. Love my Jackets!

I promised myself I was going to spend Jan and Feb somewhere warm this winter. As usual, my procrastination has led to me sticking around "The Great Gray". Maybe if I get going I could work something out for Feb or March.

Hope your next trip to Vegas is warmer \:\)

Spitty
Posted By: Goinbatty Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 12/21/08 05:01 AM
It's going to be warmer Spitty as I just cancelled our next one for the last week of December . Ms $3M came down with the major sickies the morning after we got back, so we are not going to press it. We had a pretty good non stop schedule lined up for the last week into New Year's, and I think it would have really done her in.
I don't think she does well in the steel pressurized tubes with all the germs. (Whereas the germs looks at me and go - Oh, it's him again- another words I've had most of 'em and built up some immunity - or they get zapped by all the chardonnay in my system). So we will try again in the spring.
Just going to kick back, enjoy the holidays around here with the gray skies and take it easy instead.
Hope you enjoy the holidays. May His blessing be upon you and yours and your house too small to hold all your friends.
(Pssst - you can probably get a real good deal down in Orlando in Feb (except around president's day) at the great mouse house on premises hotels and a cheap flight on the D airline - I took DD down a few years back and we were in the pool at midnight with 82 degrees several nights in a row and nobody else was there)((We promise not to tell any of your sons you went without them))
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 12/23/08 06:20 PM
HowdyGB!

I HATE the germs in the steel pressurized tubes! I become a certifiable Airborne junky when I know I have a trip coming up. It does seem to help fend off the baddies.

Thanks for the holiday wishes. Right back at ya. Oh, yeah and Happy New Year too. Wonder what kind of mischief we can get into next year? \:\)

Cheers,
Spitty
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 01/20/09 03:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

Not too much new going on in my life. Somehow I am moving ever so slowly to a great peacefulness about where my life has been and where it is going. It has now been 2 years since my divorce was final. Sometimes all of this feels like it happened thousands of years ago. Sometimes it feels like it was yesterday. The hurt and anger are present very rarely. I mostly feel compassion for my EX. I'm very happy to be in this place.

Life is good.

Spitty
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 02/03/09 04:42 AM
Hi. It's me again. Letting those of you who know me know that I'm still alive and kicking.

Struggling greatly with sons at the moment. I don't care what anyone says, kids are damaged greatly when their family splits apart. It sickens me. There is NO WAY I would want to ever be with XH again. But the price my kids have paid for this divorce is staggering. I hate it! Sorry I can't elaborate at the moment on the nature of the problem.

Well, I feel a little better after that small rant.

If you're so inclined, I could sure use some prayers for strength to get through this latest crisis. And please send up a few for my boys too.

Eternally grateful,

Spitty
Posted By: spitfire23 Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 11/24/10 05:35 AM
Hello again. Guess most of you don't know me. I was here awhile ago. My life continues to move forward. I'll be opening a business in a few months as soon as the building renovations are completed.

I want to encourage all of you who are "surviving". It does get easier with time. The most important choice you can make, in my opinion, is to CHOOSE to be happy. Do not allow what happened to you and your marriage, define the rest of your life. Your attitude can shape your future.

Good luck to all of you.

Spitty
Posted By: soleil Re: Life's A Journey 9 - 11/24/10 01:59 PM
Good to haer you are doing well.
And glad to see your business is getting off the ground smile
© DivorceBusting.com