Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Committed2Him All Things Work Together for Good...16 - 07/01/08 11:18 PM

Summary: (Note: this summary was written 4/8/07 and has pretty much remained the same since then. My confidence that God would work things out for His good have simply been confirmed over and over again)

M 16.5
S 14, D 17 (live with mom); SS 25 (lives with me)

11/05 - X files \:\(
7/06 - X moved out with kids (I offered X the house but she declined so I bought her out. Immediately OM is in the picture continuously at her new place)
10/17/06 - D final
5/07 - X Marries OM
11/07 - Arrange face to face with Mr. X (formerly OM) to forgive him. \:\)

The marriage was rocky for over 10 years. X had an affair with a different OM around 98/99. We separated for 6 months from 6/99 to 12/99 (I moved because of her hysterics and volatility) but got back together. After X moved this time, I attempted to "stand" for the marriage but since coming back to the board in 8/06, I slowly moved from vigorously standing, to remaining open to reconciliation to deciding that I would not reconcile. X getting married closed the door on reconciliation for good.

X and I have been Christians since before we started dating, X has asserted that God has given her permission to D and has paved her way to be with OM who is not a Christian (uh, yeah, that sounds like a message straight from the throne room of God).

My title comes from the Bible verse:
Quote:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I own my part in the demise of marriage but I believe my X had no grounds for divorce according to our professed faith and the teachings we held from the Bible. Yet, I still maintain that God will use this situation to work for His greater good.

Getting A Life
The transition from being devastated at the realization that OM was not "Just a friend," to "Standing for the marriage" to "Getting A Life" and finally deciding I would not take X back has been an extremely challenging journey but God has provided the people, resources and total support that I needed (including the people in this forum) every time and always right on time. My life has become increasingly full, an amazing adventure with blessing after blessing after blessing.

Gracias, Multumesc, Yo, Toda, Thank You, Mahalo...Gracias!
A huge "thank you" goes out to Michele for making this forum available for us DBers who tried and yet still wound up in this forum. An equally huge "thank you" goes out to the people in this forum who lend an ear, offer sage advice or a shoulder (or thread) to cry on. There have been plenty of very challenging times I have had to go through to this point and this forum and the people in it have helped immeasurably in bringing healing.

The "Thank you" line? Places I've gone (or going to) since X left: Mexico, Romania, New York, Israel, Washington D.C., Hawaii...Spain (Nov/Dec)
So what to post?

Well my weekend was great, my Monday night men's group was great, work is great and my life is great! Is it perfect? Heck no. I am still going to lose my house, and I still get tweaked periodically when I miss my kids but I, like most of us here, am making the best of a less than ideal situation.

Romantic interests?
And my social life? I have many who really, really care for me and some who deeply love me. Unfortunately, they are men from church, LOL! Boy am I going to be good at intimacy when I finally find a woman who will take me because we guys are learning to be in touch with our feminine side. We talk about our feelings, emotions, our hopes and dreams like it is the View or some chick flick \:D I am thinking of planning a guys night out to go see Sex in the City

I AM READY!
For what? I think I am ready for the right woman was to walk into my life. I do not NEED to have someone in my life in order to feel complete but if she did, I would be ready to move forward! Why do I think I am ready? It is not anything scientific but here are some thoughts:

My kids are well adjusted and know they are my priority but I sense they would understand if someone were to become a part of my life

I do not dwell on what my X is up to and regularly pray for her and Mr. X

I am content in my singleness and will not give it up just to have a companion, it has to be a real keeper (I may be alone but I am not lonely except for occasional, rare lapses)

I feel like the healing has really, really taken place.

Prospects?
So I have been noticing a few more available women at my church and have had some casual conversations here and there. In the church context, I would really have to feel that God was pulling me towards someone and visa versa before really exploring some one on one time to even do something as innocent as coffee. I have known one woman for two years and have been pondering the possibilities. Another, I know less well but she will also be going to Spain so I will be seeing more of her between now and then.

Office Delivery - Yesterday another woman came to see me at my office. She had a certain aura to her, a classy but approachable attractiveness. We met for an hour for business purposes which included me getting to know about her future aspirations hopes and dreams. Heck it was almost like being on a date except I'm getting paid for it... WAIT, WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME? \:o LOL!

My point is that I believe I am ready but I'm taking it a day at a time and I am praying for my future partner, right where she is, that God continues to prepare her and minsister to her for when we eventually get together.

I love my life!

George \:D
YIPPIE!!!!! I'm first... what are you serving at the bar tonight? How 'bout a virgin daquari.... strawberry if ya got it..please sir?

well C2 I gotta hand it to you.... you have gotten hold of every aspect of this GAL technique. You really do sound happy and healthy both physically and mentally... so yeah... for what it's worth you do seem ready... to me anyway. You go big boy.... I'm very happy for ya!!!!
Posted By: drbty Re: All Things Work Together for Good...16 - 07/02/08 05:06 AM

Good for you 'George'.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"?? or something along those lines.

Pretty soon, you're going to be lamenting the fact that there are so many beautiful women in your life you just don't know which one to choose.

-db
Quote:
For what? I think I am ready for the right woman was to walk into my life.

And here I am...TAKEN! dang! lol
C2, I tell you, that is going to be one lucky woman, you are a prize for sure! I love you like a brother, or cousin, or fellow Cali surfer dude bro

Love your outlook on life , you are so positive and uplifting
I am flattered to be your "imaginary friend" lol
lnf, Stawberry virgin daquari it is \:\)

Yep, you've got this DBing thing down and then... you don't. I was listening to some of my old music, particularly Chaka Khan, man can she sing. I decide to look her up on YouTube and enjoy and marvel at her performances. \:D Then I had the urge to listen to Luther Vandross, what a singer he was! As I listen to a couple of songs, I thought back to a couple of his concerts that I took X to and then I just got about the loss of the marriage. \:\( I also shed a tear for X for her choices. You reap what you sew and she will or is going to have to deal with the consequences of her actions. \:\(

We control our feelings
I chose to stop the video! I then played some music from my praise and worship collection snd it refocused my thoughts. I fell into a mode of worship and appreciation for what God has done in my life. \:D The funk passed (Of course the whole thing started with my desire to hear a song from back in my college days called "Funkin' for Jamaica." I learned how to rollerskate to songs like this during that era and it was fun and funky!
Gotta be careful because even a good funk and end up a sad funk!)

DB,

hmmm maybe it was you posting to me that got me sad LOL \:D Soooo glad to see you.

Quote:
"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"?? or something along those lines.
Sounds good to me!

Quote:
so many beautiful women in your life you just don't know which one to choose..
I could deal with that problem. Of ocourse beautiful on INSIDE is what I need, plus some chemistry/attraction).

Awwwe Karen, love ya too you "little surfer girl!" (Yep, B got there a little too fast! Rats). I know you're gonna be excited for me when I let ya all know when I actually do find that match. \:\)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: All Things Work Together for Good...16 - 07/02/08 11:29 AM
Hi George!!!

You sound awesome as usual!!!
Quote:
Awwwe Karen, love ya too you "little surfer girl

hahaha yea right. Pier 13 HB, nachos w REAL cheese from the snack bar, stoppin off at Jack in the Box for a burger or taco for the drive home down Beach.
Seeing friends on the way coming home, cute guys in their VW vans or ghias surfboards on top.
getting home to shower and get ready for a crankin party that night- all burned and looking gooood in your dittos and tube tops

Oh yea, I wanna go back to that somedays, simpler times lol

Stay cool C2!!
Jillybean,

I was thinking about you yesterday. Continuing in my prayers for you and your family.

Things always seem more positive in the morning. I did go to bed with a postive outlook and know I will have an awesome day!!!

Bball with son last night
If it is Tuesday night, my boy and I are playing ball. Tueday the old guys play so only got to play towards the end of the evening but he shoots the basked the rest of the time.

This time I was smart and we stayed on the same team. NOBODY on the other team wanted to guard him because they did not want to chase him around! LOL \:D . He played well again and it brings a smile to my face that he made the guy who was guarding him look bad a few times.

Rejecting the "little man's shot!!!!"
Again he took off running down court and we tossed him the ball for a fast break lay up EXCEPT a player from the other team, an athletic good player about 25 years old, was catching up to him. The defender timed his jump from behind to swat my son't shot down and make him look silly. (poor son, never saw it coming)

NOT! So the defender saw my son motion the ball up like he was about to do a lay up which is why The defender is now flying through the air but son never left his feet and basically had "stopped on a dime" waiting for who ever was chasing him to fly by LOL!!! The defender does fly by son and when the guy is landing, out of bounds, embarrassed, son is now standing under the basket all by himself and banks the ball up and in the hoop. \:D

Everybody saw it and chuckled as the defender eventually comes back down the court, having just been embarrassed by a little 14 year old kid.

PRICELESS!

Exploring the possibilities?
I called the woman who came in my office yesterday to talk business. She is a potential customer with a couple of other options so it was a legitimate call and I share some relevant business information. She was a pleasant conversation and I found out she is quick and funny. The call was appropriate but I probably won't have cause to speak with her until next week but I am looking forward to future conversations.

I know or know of the women at church and it is fairly easy to ask about them. In this case, I would have to explore things in differently and, gulp, maybe even have to go out on a "coffee date" or something? eek

It is an intriguing thought, we shall see

Have a great day!!

I plan on making it a great day! (if I get lemons, I'll make lemonade)

George \:\)
Karen,

Did your daddy ever have to "take your T-bird away?" Simpler times, yep!

Have blessed day.
\:\)
wooot wooot C2, so shes a nice lady?
This sounds promising!

LOL good ol dad trying to beat the kid at ball, aint gonna happen ya know C2, you are a wonderful dad tho, i so admire that about you! I smile when I read about your interactions w/ the kids.

and No ,no tbird here, how old do you think I am?? lol He may of taken the Datsun B210 away tho ha ha

Have a good one!
Karen,

"Possible Business Client" Seems really nice, we shall see. More importantly, it is exciting to ponder the possibilities. You, Jill and Bethie were posting to me from the beginning and so you've seen how I was focused on healing and staying clear of potential relationships. I am enjoying being open to what God might have for me. \:\)

Definitely deserving of a "wooot wooot" \:D
\:D

Happy 4th weekend!!

(Sorry for the length and detail but I desire to remember all the things God does in my life for it reminds me when I have "funky moments as the other day, just how truly rich my life is. Even as I write this post script after completing the post below, I am listeing to my Hawaiian music from my last missions trip )

Moments from a short bike ride, anxious to get to work! (Love my job, so much I WANT to do. As a praise reminder regarding this job: I needed a conventional job but was hesitant, God had a former business associate call me for only the second time in 2 years to ask me if I wanted to look at an opportunity he had...GOD gave me this job, I didn't even apply for it!!!! \:\) Praises go out, AGAIN, to my God)

Prayer
Mid week service was GREAT, AGAIN. My pastor and members of the church are on a crusie that traces the footsteps of the Apostle Paul on some of his missionary journeys through Greece and elsewhere. So we had a visiting bible professor come to speak, Dr. B. He gave an amazing study on PERSISTENT PRAYER, illustrating examples from the account of a non Jew petitioning the Lord, for her ill/possessed daughter. He paralleled that with the account of Jacob wrestling with "a man" (a christophany) for the lives of his family, that they be spared from the wrath of his brother Esau. Jacob was persistent and because of that, he was afflicted and forevermore walked with a limp BUT his family was saved. From there, his name was changed to Israel.

The take away was persistent prayer is modeled in the bible, ESPECIALLY when it comes to praying for our loved ones and family members (I prayed for my sister and her children for at least 14 years before my nephew and then my sister began desiring the things of God and subsequently returned to church).

Praying about Romania
Yesterday I felt God impress upon my heart the upcoming Romania trip in October. I felt He wanted me to go to the informational meeting after church and to let them know that I would be praying for them. I got side tracked with "Eddie," (see below) adn did not make it to that meeting. Later, after church a sister I know and respect but do not get too close to (emotionally, not physically) because I sense she is attracted to me mentioned something to me. We were in a circle saying goodbye to her best friend (see below, "Mexico Sister"). I felt strongly commpelled to ask the circle of friends if we could pray for Mexico Sister(MS) (including her daughters) so we did. Afterwarsd MS shared that her daughter (11) was feeling aprehensive and fearful and so I just porred out my heart and my knowledge to this little one on a level she could understand and would appreciate including telling her I was going to be praying for her (as would many in the church) ALL THE TIME. While I was oblivious to everyone, else the first sister I keep a respectful distance from was stanging next to me and approached me when I was done. She simply asked me if I had ever prayed about leading a group to Romania \:o I shared that I am on the prayer team for the ministry that is in Romania and so the people associated with the minsistry and their needs are regularly on my heart and in my praers.

This is how God works in my life. It will not simply be one conversation or one "urge" but God wil direct me in no uncertain terms if he has something for me in Romania this year or next. My life will never be boring! \:\)

The social aspect of church was amazing as well:

Eddie in the wheel chair (using his name so I remember to pray for him)
I saw him at a gas station and felt God telling me to approach him to share God's love with him. Turns out he attends my church but he comes and goes quickly and hardly knows anyone. I got his number and told him I would introduce him to men at the church. I sent him a text afterwards and looked for him after service several mid week services but had not seen him at church. Last night as service was closing I thought I saw him sitting accross the way but could not tell if it was him in his wheel chair or just someone sitting in a regular chair (everyone was standing and singing but this one guy was sitting and I could not tell). Midway through song, I realized it was not him but now knew God was telling me to go look for him so as soon as the song was over, I made a bee line for where he told me he usually sits and did so before the isles got really crowded. Low and behold there was Eddie rolling towards me. (This is how God directs my path, I cleave to Him, He impresses me with something or someone, I move in that direction and God meets me along the way)

He needed prayer for his body and so I cleared a path and brought him to one of my friends, an elder, who is in the prayer ministry. I asked him to come meet me aftewards and when he did, I introduced him to a number solid brothers and asked him if he might join us on Monday nights where we have a group of about 100 guys meeting to learn how to be accountable men in our christian walk/life.

Mexico Sister
Last night, I also got say "see you later" to a sister I have been praying for who is moving to Mexico for a month to see what God has for her. She REALLY feels drawn to move there permanently and so she is taking this step of faith. She is actually one of the ladies I mentioned above, someone I have just been wondering about, off and on for the last 20 months except I certainly knew I wasn't taking any action with anyone through 2007. We are really good friends and it would take God stirring both of us up for anything to transpire but in the meantime I have been faithfully praying for her since she first shared with our prayer group that God was directing her to move to Mexico. I will see her again because she is moving to the unoccupied women's shelter we own down in Mexico. It is a beautiful facility for battered women but the couple that was serving and living there moved and we have not had anyone step forward to serve there until now. Her faith inspires me!

PBC (Possible Business Client)
I can be in prayer about more than one woman I think the Lord may be showing me and so even as I mention the above sister who is going to Mexico, I am also praying about PBC. I sent her an email yesterday that was part personal and part business.

She is praying about a decision that affects her future and possibly becoming a client of ours. In our prior conversations she mentioned she had been praying to which I volunteered I would also pray for her. Well, yesterday I felt I needed to elaborate so I sent her a note. I shared that she is the first potential client I have offered to "pray for." The day before I let her know I take prayer very serriously and if I commit to pray for someone, I DO pray for them. I think I wanted to know it wasn't a flipant comment. I didn't want her to think I tell everyone I am going to pray for them. The note was complimentary to her but I was careful to be respectful and to stay this side of appearing to be pursuing her yet I know my interest in getting to know more about her is more than just for business purposes.

It is a fine line that I must walk because she chould become a client whom I will see regularly for nearly a year AND if this is not the woman God has for me, I need to make sure that neither of us will be uncomfortable in the future.

So far, so good.

\:\( Ok, so I typed past my riding time but this was a long but important post for me to reflect on down the road.

I will post more before the 4th but for those who will be back on the boards Happy 4th of July. For all our challenges and imperfections as a nation, this is still one of the greatest countries in world history and it is a privilege to be an American. \:D

Yours truly,

Yankee Doodle Dandy
(aka George \:\) )
Hey Yankee Doodle Dandy George C2!! LOL

You are just so adorable , i wanna string you up on my rear view mirror!! or something, Paula Abdul said it to David A on AI lol

I love reading about your new friend Eddie, how terrific is that! and you know, I know you do not live really in a small town as most of us in so cal dont, so if that wasnt meant to be I dont know what would be.

Have a great 4th, stay cool be safe ( and sane) and you are right, We may have our ups and downs but we are a pretty darn good country, I like England too but i'm prejudice lol
Posted By: cat03 Re: All Things Work Together for Good...16 - 07/03/08 05:46 PM
I'm loaded with work today and can't log in at home!! grr. Just feeling horrible low and want to cry, pray for me C2H, (ok, so it's that time of the month), but still I feel specially bad, remembering how stbx deceived me last 4th of July to be with ow, and now he'll have no one to lie to, can have the whole freaking day with her 'til he has to work.

I have to make peace with ow in his live and my kids life, it's not mostly that I'm (grrr) jelous, is that he was so disgusted about her and now....

Well, I'm sorry for the hijack, but not able to post a new thread yet, plan a few fun things tomorrow with kids. But honestly , looking at how I was before he left last year, yikes! it was horrible! I was looking at old post, and it was just plain terrible how I used to walk in eggshells with a miserable man in my house.

hugs to all)))))))
Quote:
Lord, please show cat how your peace can surpass anything she could have ever hoped to get from X. Help her to experience the peace and freedom that comes from living rightly with you and being FREE from one who made life difficult to enjoy. Help her to put the sadness of betrayal and the loss of a dream in to proper perspective and most of all help her to know how safe she really is in your arms. Amen

(((cat))) I will keep you in my prayers this weekend. I know it hurts but it will keep getting better, not I but the Lord promises it will be so. \:\)

Quote:
but still I feel specially bad, remembering how stbx deceived me last 4th of July to be with ow

As last night was coming to an end and my brother and I were leaving, we prayed and as we prayed, I was reminded that two years ago on the 4th of July, X had OM come over our house to suppposedly help fix the computer while I took the kids out to set off fireworks. \:o I can't believe I had forgotten about this until just last night.

I knew they were friends but did not know they were having an affair. X was moving out at the end of the month \:\( (she moved out 7/15 instead) but I was still hoping against hope for a miracle. Before the end of the July, he was spending weekends over her place when he kids were with me.Yep, the deception hurts even now BUT we must not allow ourselves to dwell on it.

Quote:
how I used to walk in eggshells with a miserable man in my house
been there, done that and who needs it?!

The memory of betrayal will always sting but as we train ourslelves to not dwell in that memory, it becomes easier to take capture of our thoughts.

The life I am now leading is FABULOUS! Absolutely AWESOME!!!! You definitely are on the right path \:\)
((( cat )))

saw your thread was locked. Its going to be ok cat it is.
4th is a little funny for me too, the 8th was bomb day, the 4th was the last time I saw my ex in laws. 6 yrs, and I am fine about it , but remember when something is brought up.

Its still new for you, but you sure are doing great! We are allowed to have down days , especially us women! \:\)
Please have a nice holiday w/ your booboos
Posted By: d_o_c Happy Independence Day - 07/04/08 03:46 PM
Have a great 4th of July C2H! That goes for everyone on this board as well. May God bless you this day.
Posted By: Reincarnated Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/04/08 05:21 PM
C2H, as always, a post to inspire us to look at the positives in our lives--they are plentiful.

Cat, KS, C2--what is it about this weekend? For me, the A was discovered and I tossed him out on 7/15 last year, day before S turned 12.

(((Cat))) Try to "move your mind," get on the positives of where you are today, and the fun that you will have with your kids. I finally get "fake it till you make it." Hard to be too down with a smile on your face--revel in the kids as much as you can.
Posted By: Committed2Him Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/04/08 06:48 PM
Donna, how wierd is that? the 4th huh? You would think 2/14.

be back later, have to go give my homeless friend something for his bike.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/04/08 07:00 PM
~~ borrowing C2 thread lol~~

Well Donna you know I have heard holidays are a bad time for the MLCers, if thats what you believe your H is going thru, I know mine was/is-
AND to add to it, the 9th was his 43rd b.day he bombed me the day before, left for work the next day on his b.day but never came back... to live, dumb bunny I had a cake and gifts too lol

Enjoy your familes this weekend kids, thats whats important right now. I expect a bombardment any time now from mine lol
Posted By: Committed2Him Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/05/08 01:03 PM
Donna & Karen,

Hope your 4th celebrations went/are going well. It is important we create new memories for holidays and I'm working on mine as well. Yesterday I was thinking of last year's celebration at the house of one of my son's classmates and that was a blast. Sadly, the father of that classmate is the one who left his wife for another woman ARGH! So even yesterday the 4th was dampened a bit as I thought of that family.

It was a great time with my son though, we did the kinds of things a father and son would do Daughter was with her friends \:\( but I understand.

As always, more later, I am off to meet with my men's group (I'm late \:o ) and then I'll get my son so we can play some basketball. Plans for the beach this evening with some friends from church or a coworker's anniversary party with dancing to 70's & 80's music. Tough decision...
Posted By: BethM Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/06/08 07:04 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO C2,

Glad you had a nice 4th with your son. Your daughter sounds like my youngest. God forbid they should miss anything with their friends...sheesh!

That was sad to hear about another friend leaving their family. This week alone I heard of 2 more families going through this. I don't understand. Maybe it's just the fact that it was always this bad but it isn't until everyone around us has reached middle age that we see first hand how rampant this is. Wonder how all of this will affect our kids and their marriages........

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Committed2Him Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/07/08 12:50 AM
Hola Bethie y mis amigos y amigas!

Quicke post before Evening service. (Yes Sunday a.m., midweek service, sunday night, Mondays men's groups, never a dull church related moment for this guy).

Quote:
I don't understand. Maybe it's just the fact that it was always this bad but it isn't until everyone around us has reached middle age that we see first hand how rampant this is.

Maybe and maybe not. This is one man's perspective and if others disagree, I am not here to argue with them, they can just skip past my thread (basically I'm not here to start a debate).

Once this country was fairly moral. It was wrong to get pregnant out of wedlock, getting pregnant meant you kept the baby, if you were married, you stayed married often, "for the sake of the kids." My goodness, they could actually post the 10 commandments in schools and talk about God without fear of being sued.

Fast forward another 45 years and we have Today's society. Porn is called a music video, there is no absolute truth etc, etc, etc and if you are not happy, change your mate like you trade in a car.

There is a God, there is a devil and the former is not pleased adn the later has been given more of a free reign to do what he will in this country, period.

This is not new, world history has shown that great powers frequently had cycles in the neighborhood of 200 years from their rise until their fall. They usually were not conquered form without, but usually imploded from within, mainly from moral decline.

It is not new in the bible either. God loved and loves Israel but He called them a "stiff necekd" people because of His repeated and repeated and repeated grace and mercy to them all throughout the old testament. They would get in trouble and He would deliver them. this can be found in Nehemiah, judges, exodus, Daniel etc.

My point we reap what we sow, and what a mighty, might work God would do if this country turned back towards Him but the odds are against us. In the meantime it is going to get worse.

God IS so loving and people get crucified when they say the stuff that is happening to marriages is because society has turned its back on Him, but we have.

So should we be depressed? Should we just throw in the towel? Heck no! God is love and for those how are hurting, He loves them unconditionally. For the doomed impossible marriage, He can still turn things around (but He will not force His desire or will on anyone, case in point, I was willing my X was not, end of story), can He save the drug dealer, the drunk, the addict, the convict? YES, some of my best friends and I (drunk) were some of those things.

Ok, I got to leave because I GET to go to church. It is a choice and a hard fought for freedom which many have died for (even to go to churches which I do not follow, it is their right in this country to have the freedom of religion ). In China, they do not have that choice and people are being harassed and persecuted for their faith. People are still being imprissoned and forced to make goods for this and other countries because of what they believe.

Divorce Busting? God has used Michele to bust many divorces but sadly many marriages have been busted because our society says it is ok to do so whereas 40 plus years ago, society said it was a no, no.

Time to go love and praise God. He still weeps over this nations choices.
Posted By: BethM Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/07/08 02:50 AM
Well C2,

I do agree with everything you said. When people aren't accountable there are no boundaries. I guess that's why having no moral code makes adultary and everything else you mentioned more acceptable. I can understand that people in their 20's and below may have some confusion in this area because let's face it, this is what they know. When you see people in their mid- thirties and beyond who were brought up with values and that the belief that marriage and family are sacred, you just have to wonder how they excuse themselves into thinking that what they are doing is right or that they won't be answerable.

If not in this life then in the next.
Posted By: Committed2Him Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/07/08 07:01 AM
Quote:
you just have to wonder how they excuse themselves into thinking that what they are doing is right or that they won't be answerable
Oh, X felt that way too but compromised and then felt that God was giving her permission to toss out her marritale vows. Everything is "morally relative" nowadays. \:\(

GREAT intro to our next book of study for Sunday nights. Wonderul fellowship and then I took a brother to the pier to get coffee and desert. It was wonderful evening.
Posted By: Committed2Him Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/07/08 03:10 PM
Happy Monday!

I am in a mood of anticipation as to what exciting things will happen this week. Life is very full with activities with my kids, church work etc.

Choose Him!
Kind of a reminder to myself. Over the weekend I had a choice to to go an anniversary party of a coworker or to go fellowship with some of my closest friends. I had really been feeling the itch to dance and it was a 70's - 80's theme so I decided to go to the party with my best friend but at the last miniute he had to cancel (his child was sick).

Ultimately, even though I was being drawn to go fellowship, I went to the party which was disappointing because there was NO ONE to dance with \:\( It was small, mostly family sitting at tables, paired up as couples.

On Sunday, my friends told me they were all looking for me and that they had the most amazing time.

I can hardly think of a time that I went to fellowship or went to a gathering that was church related where I had a bad time. On some occasions, it was uneventful but the huge majority left me feeling so refreshed, energized, thankful, joyful and a whole host of other emotions, all positive.

Next time I am faced with a similar situation, I will choose Him, for He never disappoints me.

Lesson learned! (again) \:\)
Posted By: BethM Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/07/08 06:07 PM
Really nice post C2! A reminder to us all.........
Posted By: cat03 Re: Happy Independence Day - 07/07/08 07:42 PM
stop having such a good time on your own! share \:\)

Quote:
Everything is "morally relative" nowadays.

and how! stbx rationalized most of his wrong actions, if it felt good to him and distracted him, then it was ok. The rest of his mistakes were attributed to him being confused, umm, there is only so much you can chalk up to "confusion" (or a lack of will to think straight and not leave your morals by the road).
Hmmm, wasn't actually having a good time, just getting through a challenging time at work. Decided to have some left over ice cream from a pot luck \:\) and my mood lightened

Something else happened but we'll see where it leads. Potential Business Client moments ago informed me she went in a different direction. This means business ties are no longer an issue which means that if I want to find out if there is any potential for a non business friendship, I will need to take a risk.... \:o

We shall see....
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

You never will know unless you GO FOR IT!!!!!!
Posted By: drbty Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/08/08 12:29 AM

^^^^^^ What he said.
LOL!

She let me know of her decision by email so I replied in a flattering way, didn't close off the conversation like "have a great life" and did ask her a couple of questions.

Just now, I was talking myself out of exploring things and then you two guys subtly chime in! What timing

We shall see.
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/08/08 02:06 AM
I think you should go for it as well. Why I'd even be willing to write a letter of recommendation for you and you know what a creative writer I can be will very little effort! WHAT????? Does that scare you or something?
Originally Posted By: BethM
I think you should go for it as well. Why I'd even be willing to write a letter of recommendation for you and you know what a creative writer I can be will very little effort! WHAT????? Does that scare you or something?

HAHA.... great idea Bethie!!! NOT!

The result he's hoping for here is that potential GF is drawn in.... not sent running in fear!

I agree with the others.....Go for C2!!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/08/08 04:05 PM
Well I Nevah!

I think I could be a great help to the cause. (what is the cause C2?) Oh yeah, I remember, we're trying to hook you up.

C2, just be her friend and let her get to see what you have shown to all of us. She'll be the one calling you....

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/08/08 04:30 PM
whoohooooooo, go easy on the aftershave tiger \:D \:D
Yes C2!!
Just casually ask her for her personal email, and say, maybe we can have coffee sometime? Thats frieindly, causal, she'll get the hint.:)
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/08/08 06:40 PM
...or would you like to come to my place and see my butt light?
..... or, hey, how do you feel about lime jello??
Recommendations letters, advice on cologne awww you guys are the best! I feel like Greoge Bailey when he finally comes back to the present day and goes home to find his family and friends waiting for him. \:\)

I do have her personal information already so it is easy enough to approach her and my communications to her have been more personal than purely business. Now it is just a matter of taking a risk if this is what I really want to do.

As I started thinking about actually asking her out for coffee I started to have doubts and wondered "do I have the time?" And is pursuing someone outside of my church realistic? Important questions, I truly believe.

What in my life would I be willing to give up, what commitments at church? Hmmm? Courting someone at church is simple because we would do things together there and would do things with mutual friends. Life would not change too drastically.

I want to make sure I am not talking myself out of pursuing someone outside of my church for the wrong reasons. I also want to make sure that if I do start approaching someone, I can follow through if she is interested.

Never knew hooking up could be so complicated. LOL!

Quote:

...or would you like to come to my place and see my butt light?

Seems like a reasonable offer, doen't it?

Quote:
..... or, hey, how do you feel about lime jello??
That would be for later "dates" taking her to see my friends.

I guess this continues to be a learning process.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/09/08 11:31 AM
Actually, C2, I think dating someone outside of church is a good idea. That way, if things don't work out you don't have those yucky feelings to deal with when you see her weekly at church. I never dated anyone from where I worked for that reason.

So ask her out!!! And, let that butt light shine!!!
Originally Posted By: Committed2Him
As I started thinking about actually asking her out for coffee I started to have doubts and wondered "do I have the time?" And is pursuing someone outside of my church realistic? Important questions, I truly believe.

I agree with Qoe, very good advice. You won't know if you're ready to date until you do it. So do it - stick your toe in the water. Then listen to your gut. You'll know where you're supposed to go.

AO
Quote:
That way, if things don't work out you don't have those yucky feelings
I am SO into avoiding yuky feelings these days. ;\) (Jill, as always, you are a wordsmith, luv ya)

So far the only one having doubts (overthinking) was your truly. I would likely give the same advice to someone in my situation. Also, since the business tie is cut, worst thing that can happen is she says, "thank you but no thank you" how can that sting compared to ILYBINILWY?

Ok, lets see...my calendar looks free for...September \:o
chicken watch...day 2

still no sight of super chicken, just those dumb foster farms rejects present.

So my best friend agreed, "what have you got to lose" so I was looking for a response to the friendly email I sent when PBC (potential busienss client) indicated she was going another direction. If there is no response, I believe I'll call out to Super Chicken and approach her, more than likely.

In truth I have not prayed and so I will. Even in having not prayed, but then praying and then likely approaching her, if God does NOT want me to have a friendship or maybe a R wiht her, He will close the door pretty quickly.

We'll see.
You are right...it will either work, or it won't. What is to be chicken about?

C2, you are awesome. The right one will know that pretty quickly, too.
Donna,

Thank you for your kind comments \:\) They led me to the following thoughts:

Thoughts "Rejection"

Just now it came to me that the rejection by our spouses likely makes us a little hesitant to risk being hurt again. There are some lessons we gained by going through DBing:

(disclaimer: there were legitimate reasons our spouses drifted and, hopefully, we have learned about ourselve enough to address those issues for our own growth, indedpendent of "hooking up.")

"You don't make me happy" - Our spouses frequently left the marriage because they were trying to fill a void, an unhappiness in their lives that likely neeeded to be filled through their own becoming whole - one should not look for another to make themself "whole" nor should they look for another to "make them happy."(Just now in thinking about begging and pleading back then, just how satisfying would it really have been to tell our spouses, "heck, you sure aren't the on the Cover of 'Ideal Spouse' magazine either \:o LOL! \:D Alas, we were in survival mode but boy, to have a second crack at it.... As Glesaon would say, "how sweet it is!" )

"Rejection" by another, of our advances doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong wiht us, just that we are not a good fit for them and, if not a good fit for them, conversely, they would certainly not be a good fit for us. (Execptions, and there are many, if I were to slurp, pick my nose over a meal, make eye contact (with OTHER women) while on a date ... well then, I would deserve rejection due to "something definitely being wrong" with me.

So, as ya'll been saying, "go for it, chicken!" (ok, so I combined statements but that's what was meant"
A moment of praise before I forget:

Taxi C2H
I have been praying for time and connecting with my daughter. Last night, she asked me to be her taxi as she takes a summer community college course. It will only be a 10 minute ride BUT it will be 10 minutes 4 days a week for about 8 weeks or so. It didn’t hit me until this morning but when it did, it brought a joy to see this as answered prayer.

Coach C2H
During son's basketball season this past spring (8th grade), I was asked to coach his team for a game the coach was going to be absent. The coach has a quasi assistant coach who spoke with the head coach the day of the game and was conceding defeat (great motivator eh?)

We were huge underdogs, a star player was gone and we were missing another key player, clearly we were going down to everyone else but me.

Last night I found a couple of diagrams I sketched during the game and it reminded me of that game and OUR VICTORY!!! (After the game, I called the head coach and told him we won, missing the players we were missing and he said, "No Way!" lol \:\) )

Yep divorce SUCKS but there are many memories that came about because my life was turned upside down. My decision to work from home (earning next to nothing, wiping out my savings and likely losing my home) allowed me to be available to coach my son, be team "dad" go on field trips, attend all my daughters soccer games, travel etc, etc, etc.

I also know it accelerated my healing because of all the time I spent with my Lord, at His feet in His Word, cycling praying, communicating, and sooo much more.

Last night, after I dropped my daughter off from going to church with me (the first time going to mid week service in many months because of school, and practice obligations), I was really sad, just hating the fact she lives in another house.

My best friend was available to talk and pray with me.

This morning, it is all back into proper perspective. This is not the way I would have designed it but it is what it is and yet God has honored my desire to do the right thing, take the high road, etc. His healing has been slow and steady.

Again, I see that I am truly Blessed.

While typing this post, the following song played on my ipod, here are the lyrics and a link to the song:

He Knows My Name (I Have A Maker) - Paul Baloche
Quote:

I have a maker
He formed my heart,
before even time began
My life was in his hands

He knows my name
He knows my every thought,
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call

I have a father,
he calls me his own
He'll never leave me,
no matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
and hears me when I call

He knows my name
and hears me when I call

He knows my name
And hears me when I call
He hears me when I call

I STILL love my life! \:D
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/10/08 07:51 PM
hello handsome \:\) came here for a breath of fresh air, have a great day
Posted By: qoe100 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/10/08 08:02 PM
C2, I just love you to pieces!!!! You have such a wonderful outlook and we can all learn from you.
Ya'll are gonna give C2 a big ol' fat, ego swelled head!
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/11/08 02:37 PM
I think he's playing coy now... he he
Not coy, just swamped at work (which IS a blessing)

Quote:
hello handsome came here for a breath of fresh air, have a great day

You gotta be kidding this is a So Cal (L.A.) thread, smog and all, no fresh air here \:D

Jill love you to pieces too but then you already knew that. You have been the sane voice to listen to next to Bethie's (Karen is just sweet as can be with great advice as well). I am forever indebted

Quote:
Ya'll are gonna give C2 a big ol' fat, ego swelled head!

Are not! Keep it up and one day I may actually Take my chicken butt, lights and all, and ask PBC for a date!

(ok maybe a cyber swelled head but I am still batting zero for two in the real world. It is a new game after X left, first up was church friend, next was XGF (from 20 years ago) who resurfaced. Of course they say, the third time is the charm right?)

If it was Thursday, it was quasi date night with daughter, unless she blows me off. Last night she was originally going to meet with me later but became available earlier so we went to dinner which was cool. Nothing major, just spending time together, talking about whatever she was interested in. We talked about college and I relayed some funny (embarrassing) stories. I also told her that we will go to summer concerts in the park as they start to pop up. We concluded the night driving home, talking about her college taxi service for the summer and decided to measure how far she acually is from school. It is only three miles but three miles I know I will enjoy and cherish long after she has become a fullfledged woman. God is good.

I dropped her off quite content and at peace.

I get to go dancing!
So last week I chose a party over fellowshipping with my friends and there was NOBODY to dance with! (ok I think there was one lady who was checking me out but she was about 8-10 years older and NOT close to in shape so I do not even think she could have lasted one real dance song.

Leaving church Wednesday, a good friend who his organizing a surprise birthday party for her soon to be fiancé (they are both committed but no formal announcement) tells me her party plans are coming along but her free DJ backed out so she was likely going to play music from an ipod. I asked her what kind of music she was planning on playing not sure if she was going to have more of a social conversational kind of party, or a dj playing purely Christian music, nope she sai... DISCO \:o

So I told her, I have all the music she could possibly want and it was already arranged into play lists and that I would be her ipod DJ if she wanted. She said ok.

So this Saturday, I get to play everything I love to hear and dance to, will be surrounded by church friends (plenty of women) and will get to dance the night away!

Just food for thought, no sooner do I commit to choosing to fellowship with God when faced with a choice, does God give me the desire of heart to go dancing but in a safe, fun, atmosphere. I don't have to worry about hoochie mama’s flinging their stuff all around, nor do I have to go to a club or some place I would really rather avoid. To some this may be a small detail or coincidence but to me, nothing my God does is small. Oh yeah, I KNOW I'm gonna love what they play at the party because for once in my life I actually know who "they" are and in this case, "they" is ME (ok bad English but I think it is actually correct)

Need I say, I love my life?
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/11/08 04:32 PM
whoohooo, bring the house down C2H :), I hear you about the fun and safe atmostphere, hope to find something like that next year when I might think of looking for company ;\)
Posted By: FA Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/11/08 04:37 PM
Hey C2H...Ya outta talk to TRIP about Disco...she REALLY likes the disco stuff...I just like the funky dancing....flashbacks....funny stuff!
cat, get to play some latin stuff too (not my strongest suit but I do do a little salsa)

Gotta let TRIP know the mirror ball is up and spinning in this disco! \:D (We gonna go waaaaayyyy "back in the day.")

One of my all time, all time favorites is funky, really funky... be surprised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2NVJljsJg
Posted By: FA Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/11/08 05:07 PM
hehehehe
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/12/08 03:42 AM
Hope you have fun dancing the night away. Remember the dry cleaners closes at 5. You wouldn't want to be without your 3 piece white suit would you?
Argh!!!! Cleaners closed! \:\( Gonna have to wear this...
I think you have to try that move with your "possibilities" You know, stand in front of them and not let them pass you while they are walking by.... ;\)
Quote:
nope she sai... DISCO

Yeah baby!! Thats MY kinda music C2 wooot hooot! ahh memories!
ya all gonna do the hustle, disco duck it? what a blast you will have!

I agree w/ these guys you are amazing, your outlook on life is so uplifting, I know just reading your thread whatever mood I am in, it gets good or even better. You are a delight to have around

((((( C2 )))))
cant wait to hear all about your John Travolta night!
Quote:
Gonna have to wear this...

Whether youre a brother or whether youre a mother,
Youre stayin alive, stayin alive.
Feel the city breakin and everybody shakin,
And were stayin alive, stayin alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive, stayin alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin alive.

C2, you will look adorable! Need any gold chains? angel flights? platforms? \:\)
Donna, you mean corner them verses charming them? Hmmm, might be worth a try?
Quote:
I agree w/ these guys you are amazing, your outlook on life is so uplifting, I know just reading your thread whatever mood I am in, it gets good or even better. You are a delight to have around

in my best BeeGees voice...That's because "I just wanna be your Everythinggggggg..." :)

I am also wearing these shoes
Those are soooo gnarly C2!!

Makes me wanna go rent Saturday Night Fever tonight!

Well you can be our everything, as long as you know I'm
More then a womannnn
Posted By: naej Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/12/08 10:37 PM
My stars you'll get vertigo in those shoes. Can you actually dance in them as well?
Blessed Sunday to ya'll!

Birthday party was great, he was surprised, we sang happy bday, begain playing the amazing mega mix party compilation I put together, beginning with the Beatles "Birthday"... and then it began pouring rain, LOL!

We went inside, had some room to dance but the hostess (future fiance) opted for playing Catch Phrase, we had a blast but my Travolta Suit and platforms were not used as intended (another day perhaps),
Posted By: qoe100 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/13/08 03:04 PM
Has your nose stopped bleeding from the extra height of your shoes? Do you have a special butt light for disco parties?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Quote:
Has your nose stopped bleeding from the extra height of your shoes? Do you have a special butt light for disco parties?
LOL! Silly Jilly, Answ 1: Of course it has stopped, everyone knows the bleeding stops because of the centrifugal force generated by spinning around like a top on the dance floor! \:\) (Bethie could have told you that from her pole spinning experience, sheeesh!)

Answer 2: I have butt lights for all occasions! First and foremost are the variety of butt lights for bike ride. I have one for clear evenings, your standard safety light. One for heavy fog, similar to what you would have on your vehicle, more square in nature and it projects as lower beam. One for all holidays reflecting appropriate days. And as for disco events, I believe I now have 37 for example, mirror ball with and without strobes, wit laser lights, strobes with fog generating capabilities, etc.

Man, you should see all the ones I don't have yet! \:\( I went to the national butt light convention in San Diego last year and I just walked away sad, I think I have butt light envy
Posted By: qoe100 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/13/08 04:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Committed2Him
Man, you should see all the ones I don't have yet! \:\( I went to the national butt light convention in San Diego last year and I just walked away sad, I think I have butt light envy

Er...well....gulp....spose that's better than tata envy........
Quote:
Er...well....gulp....spose that's better than tata envy........
hmmmm "tata envy" is wishing that MY ta ta's were, ummm larger, less gravitationally challenged etc.

That is not the case for me, All, Big Hands, Dawg or any of the other fellas around. To quote BH, "I like boobs" not envy in that statement, just stating a preferance. It's like saying on of us saying, "like ice cream" and then you telling, say, Dawg that he has "ice cream envy."

Please accept my lovingly setting the record state and let us think about a futue where one day we have our very own two scoops to enjoy. \:D
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/13/08 05:43 PM
Hey.......Vinnie,

Sounds like you your not only a snazzy dresser and a great dancer but you sure know how to get a party going as well. I find it curious that you already had a disco party set just waiting and ready to go. A co-incidence I ask myself...HM??? I think not! Knowing you, the butt light served as a disco ball for sending subliminal messages, AND let's face it, not everyone has a white 3 piece suit and platforms in their closet just waiting to be worn. I thought it was strange how lately your pompador has been getting higher and higher. And don't get me started on the chains. In fact I even think a few of mine have gone missing. How did you do it? What spell did you put these people under that a simple birthday party was turned into a disco frenzy? Can't really say that I blame you though. White is your color!

3 Words FAB-U-LOUS!

MWAH!!!!
Sounds like a great night C2!!
Love Catch Phrase too, thats a really fun game, one of my favs!

You sure are one active guy- I get exhausted just reading your threads!

Have a great sunday, its weird and overcast here which means, what?? humidity now?? ARRGHHH
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/14/08 08:38 PM
need your prayers C2H
cat, posted on your thread, (& am praying).

The weekend
Post more later but had great Sunday. No flak from the X though I thought there was some coming.

Daughter's first taxi ride to college from moi took place today and it went well. Let's see how this goes.

Leaving my office and heading to my men's study, I am a busy little bee....zzzzz..... \:\)
Quote:
the butt light served as a disco ball for sending subliminal messages,
Bethie, I've been found out!

Yeah, I am a disco party waiting to happen, just waiting for the right opportunity. "Have ball, will disco!" \:D
3:05 AM?!?!

George! What are you doing up so late? Is it Disco Fever? Or is the butt light too darn bright?

SG
well actually 2:05 my time. I have the most comfortable reclining chair near my pc. Remind me to never play soft music and recline in it when I am exhausted. Of course when I awake, I have some of my most lucid (I think) thoughts and must post them.

Off to traffic!
Oh C2 are you one of those who fall asleep in a chair?

I couldnt do that no m atter what! I think its a man thang.

Have a good day tho, sweetpea!
thanks for your advice!
Posted By: naej Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/15/08 08:17 PM
well hmmmm maybe I should grow a beard!! I think it may be an age thing! wash my mouth out-sorry C2H, I mean in my case of course!
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/15/08 08:27 PM
naej,

uh Sweetie...how should I put this? I don't really think a beard would be all that flattering on you, but hey, that's just my opinion.

C2,

HEY!!! GET OUT OF THAT LAZY BOY. YOU'RE BURNING A HOLE IN THE DAY!
Quote:
Oh C2 are you one of those who fall asleep in a chair?

I couldnt do that no m atter what! I think its a man thang.

Oh yeah? Karen you haven't sat in my Zero Gravity Chair, gentle breezes flowing through the room while the absolute most relaxing music plays. It is really an outdoor, sit on the porch kinda chair but I pull it out inside and enjoy it, I'm a bachelor, I go for comfort over style. \:D

Quote:
wash my mouth out-sorry C2H, I mean in my case of course

Naej, hmmm maybe it is an age thing but of course sitting in that chair is something else!

Bethie corretion "Zero Gravity Boy" not "Lazy Boy."
Brief post of PRAISE!

Daily taxi rides with daughter to her summer college classes are a blessing!

I really enjoy my job, the people are great, the time flys by quickly, I meet lots of new people everyday and I get to be my silly self with within professional boudaries (that I constantly push \:D )

My church family is beyond great and God is using me to encourage the men

I am very much ready for the right woman to come into my life and I have been keeping my eye open while, tossing out hints of interest here and there (more importantly I have been praying prior to throwing out hints)

The house
It is not all rosy- I definitely am losing my house. I have been looking at the situation from ALL angles and I dont' see solution. My brothers are praying that if is is God's will for me to keep it, that he will show me how but if it is NOT His will then so be it.

Early in my journey, I came accross chapters of the book of Job and it was very, very helpful. At one point, he has lost everything and he states:

Quote:
Job 1:20 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped.
Job 1:21 And he said:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD."

Job 1:22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.

The bible calls Job a righteous man, he was obeying and loving God when all this happened. Many many lessons to be learned from this account but suffice to say. I trust God. If I lose the house God will still not be foresaking me. I will be fine.

Have a blessed day (I know I will) \:\)
God Bless you, C2! You are a treasure. When the right woman comes along - she will indeed be the lucky one.

The thing I feared the most when H left me was losing my house. It was an absolute dreamhouse - one I had worked hard for for so many years. It was handicapped accessible for Ryan - how could I ever live without it???

Fast forward a few years. I kept the house for 4 years after ex left. It was truly a struggle. I am stubborn. Perhaps it was even stupid. But I was going to show him! Now I've been in my new house for 3 years. Finally got an elevator in to stop Ryan's daily struggles with the stairs and to regain my sense of privacy in my own home. I love my home. It is SO less important where I live. It is mine. It feels great that he has NEVER set foot in it.

I truly believe that if it is meant to be - it will all work out. If it doesn't - it wasn't. I think you live by this principle too. As in "God's Will". Stay true to that. He will not let you down.

It was nice to read that which makes you happy. Enjoy the time with your daughter. I think my son is coming to visit at the cottage this w/e. I look forward to that time.

Barb
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/17/08 06:25 PM
Hey Hunka Hunka Burning love...

Yeah you, in the baca lounger. I'm so happy that everything seems to have worked out with your job and that you are surrounded by such good people.

You constantly amaze me with your faith. Most of us would be driven to the brink of despair at the thought of losing our homes, but you have such deep faith, and that's a lesson to us all. Besides, it's just a material possesion right? It certainly doesn't come close to having to re-work your whole life because of a divorce. Heck, you've done that and quite successfully.

Happy to see that your getting so much quality time with your daughter!

Love,
Bethie

Barb,
Thank you SO much for the kind words and assurance that when she comes around, "the right one" will be lucky. Also, thanks for sharing your story about your dream house and your struggle. I too think that if I really struggled, maybe I could save it but then I would be focusing soo much on keeping it only to let it go not too far down the road We shall seee.

Quote:
It certainly doesn't come close to having to re-work your whole life because of a divorce. Heck, you've done that and quite successfully.
Oh, now I AM depressed! LOL!

Bethie, Thanks for reinforcing all the good things going on in my life, one must remember the good when you go through any storm. You, me, so many others here have sooooo much good stuff going on, even when garbage lurks in backgroung, must not worry but be happy

July 15th came and went but it was significant in that it was the 2 year mark that X moved out. My first post after returning to the boards was not for another 5 weeks and this is what I wrote:

Quote:

That being said, from my perspective I believe the following from the Bible:

Quote:
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

To me, this tells me that EVEN this situation will work out to glorify God, whether or not my marriage heals.

Therefore, I am excited to see what this situation will look like 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years etc, down the road, thus, the journey continues.
(emphasis added)

My current mindset:
To Work on Me AND as strange as it seems, leave the door open for reconciliation. My journey, in how I became a Christian and how W and I got together leads me to believe that there is still the possibility of a miraculous reconciliation waiting to happen. At this point, though I will be working on me, I intend to wait until God clearly tells me it is time to Move On before I allow myself to start to pursue any other relationship. (This is her second act of adultery that I am aware of and I believe that I am free to pursue other relationships BUT I choose to wait on the Lord- I know I will know when it is time to move on).

What is next?:
Heavy duty DBing and a deep examination of the areas in which I need to grow. A moving forwards with my life in all areas except romance.

Looking back at my comments from nearly two years ago, I see that healing has been and continues to take place, God still gets the glory and I am just about ready for whatever and whomever God might bring into my life. Life is good!
This is as good a time as any to post this link and lyrics. I posted this once before but I think like this as a "moving on" kind of song: Basia - "From Now On"

Quote:

Once upon a time it was for real
Nothing mattered - then we were together
And I couldn't ask for more
My dream came true
You were nearest to my heart
I can't make you love me anymore
Nothing matters now when you are gone
Tried so many times before
Only now I understand
We never felt the same
But I don't mind
I don't mind
A better combination won't be hard to find
Got to learn to walk again
It's so new - being free
Start the life of different kind
No more us
From now on it's - me
I know this empty room too well
I've got to plan my new life's resolutions
First of all I show you how I can survive
I never knew that I could laugh like this
So I don't mind
I don't mind
A better combination won't be hard to find
It's so new - being free
No more us
From now on it's - me
I don't mind (x16)
It's so new - being free
No more us
From now on it's - me
Once upon a time it was for real
Nothing mattered then we were together
You were nearest to my heart
Only now I understand
We never felt the same
I don't mind, I don't mind, I don't mind
I don't mind
Great tune. Basia rocks.
beginning.end,

She sure does! Just now searched my itunes for "from now on" and and neat "coincidence" took place. Out of over 4400 songs and messages stored, ONE other tune popped up and it was one of the most powerful songs I ever heard. I just coincidentaly heard it while I was serving on a short term missions trip in Romania.

I was working on a small construction project and my team was taking a break (heat wave 110 plus temperatures). This song played on a brother's ipod (docking station) and I completely broke down inside at awe awesome God is. The song: No One Else Knows - Building 429

Quote:
My world is closing in
On the inside
But I'm not showing it
When all I am is crying out
I hold it in and fake a smile
Still I'm broken
I'm broken
Only one can understand
And only one can hold the hand
Of the broken
Of the broken

When no one else knows how I feel
Your love for me is proven real
When no one else cares where I've been
You run to me with outstretched hands
And You hold me in your arms
Again

I need no explanation of why me
I just need confirmation
Only You could understand the emptiness inside my head
I am falling
I am falling
I'm falling down upon my knees
To find the one who gives me peace
I am flying
Lord I am flying

When no one else knows how I feel
Your love for me is proven real
When no one else cares where I've been
You run to me with outstretched hands
And You hold me in Your arms
Again

I have come to you in search of faith
Cause I can't see beyond this place
Oh You are God and I am man
So I'll leave it in Your hands

I absolutely love little "coincidences" and believe God's hand is in even the little of details how i might type a search using certain words for a search vs. others. \:\)

Have a blessed day to one and all!
Hi ya Bethie! (and welcomed guests)

I just spent yesterday thinking of ya! huh? Yeah, I went on a ride to help transport 38 Boston High Schoolers/Young Adults (ages 17-20) from L.A. to the Mexican Border. What?

A team from Boston came out to serve the poor and the orphans for a week. They would stay at our facility in Rosarito Mexico and then work during the day and crash at night.

I knew they were meeting for lunch so I decided to drop by and bring them water for the road and some bags of candy. As it turns out one of the drivers from our church asked if I wanted to ride down in order to keep him company on the way back so I went.

It was so refreshing to see youth willng to work and serve others, especially serving in poor areas. Most of these "kids" had been here last year, according to their youth leader, and it was truely a blessing.

What is odd about this picture?
As we dropped them off at the border, our people from the facility in Mexico were waiting for them on the other side with a bus. They were able to walk accross the border with their suitcases and backpacks. It was an odd looking sight to see 38 very American looking Bostonians High Schooler/Young Adults walking into Mexico with luggage. People all over the place were doing double takes. People walk back and forth accross the border all the time to shop etc and then take taxis saving them hours of trying to cross the border by car but this was very much one of those, "What is odd about this picture" type of scenes- I wish I had had a camera LOL! \:D

These youths crossing the border was a sight that stuck out like a sore thumb but it was probably one of the most beautiful sore thumbs I have seen in a long time.

Have a Blessed Sunday and great week as well (I know the Bostonians will)

p.s. Open request for prayer: pray for these kids while they are there, that they be blessed and are a blessing to others. \:\)
Hey C2:

I have a best friend in Burbank. She has 2 grown sons and has been divorced for years. She is a Christian woman and works as a nurse at a Christian school. She is one of the sweetest women I know. Pretty too. Every time I read your thread I think of her. Too bad I couldn't set the 2 of you up. You just never know.

Anyway, that was the only thing I felt like writing about this morning.

Barb
"Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match..." LOL! Stranger things have happened.

Heck, God took two people who knew each other here in our church, sent them all the way to Romania to cause the spark to ignite when they could have just gone for coffee locally. \:D
Hi George! (I mean C2):

She had been emailing me a few times in the past 24 hours and called once. Just got me thinking about you. Lemme see - how can we make this happen?

I know a guy whose real name is George Bailey. I've known him all my life.

Barb
Hey C2
If this is the friend of Barbs I met she is right! She is the nicest lady! and very pretty too! I thought she was a peach! lol
I liked her better then Barb KIDDING BARB lol

heck, like ya said, stranger things......
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/21/08 07:47 PM
that's pretty neat C2H, about the kids going to Mexico, I pray they are blessed and dont' forget their experience.
Thanks Karen!

Yes, she's the one. Now don't you think she and C2 would make a cute couple? I wonder if her ears are burning today. She has no idea what I'm thinking.

Barb
Hahahha yes they would. Shes a doll , very friendly and sweet, and again PRETTY! and we know our C2 is just about the darn sweetest thang around these parts!
Quote:
I liked her better then Barb KIDDING BARB lol

Then she must be a winner! \:\)

Let's see how this would go:

Quote:
Barb: Hey "Peachy" (Karen's nickname for friend) I know this guy who goes by George Bailey. I was thinking you might wanna meet him, he lives in the So Cal.

Peachy: Oh, Barb, George? Common, he's not really my type

Barb: No not THAT George Bailey, another George Bailey. Actually, this guy goes by C2H.

Peachy: C2H? What kind of name is that? Is he wanted by the law?

Barb: (pausing to think back on C2H's posts,trying to recall any mention of lawlessness...) Well its a ficticious name, I know him in cyber space.

Peachy: Uh, yeah right, thanks a lot.

Barb: No really, he's a nice guy, or at least I think he is.

Peachy: Uh, yeah right. What else do you know?

Barb: Well, he's divorced.

Peachy: Great start (hint of sarcasm). What elses?

Barb: He likes to dance, seems to be a bit athletic, plays basketball, rides bikes.

Peachy: Ok, that's a bit more positive, what else?

Barb: Umm, he seems to have a good sense of humor.

Peachy: That's good, it is nice to meet someone who knows how to have a good time. Anything else?

Barb: He really seems to be a good, caring father.

Peachy: (Interest rising a bit) That IS important.

Barb: Oh, he seems to be really committed and involved in his faith.

Peachy: Also good. What else do you know, does he have any quirks?

Barb: ...(thinking, adding hesitantly)... Um, oh yeah, he has a butt light.

Peachy: (click phone goes dead)

Well Barb, it was a nice try! \:D

cat, The Mexican border turn around was very cool. A few other neat things took place along the way.

How ya doing? was praying for your situation last time I posted to you?
You are a funny funny young man C2
now see BF ( Barb's friend) likes funny funny young men!!!
Hey George: THAT was it!!! You got it!!! That was exactly what I was going to say. And she was going to say "YOU ARE NUTS!". But hey - we already all knew that.

Seriously, I was going to say...

"Remember when I visited you in S Cal last year"

"and we met up with those crazy DBers in S.D."

"well, how 'bout meeting another one. He's a real nice guy".

Seriously, C2 - I had not met Karen or Ellie before that trip. Or (hmmm - what was that girl's name who's H was a baseball player - I forget) well, anyway, then there's George Bailey.

I go to Cal every other year or so. I have met most of her friends. She is one awesome lady. Has 2 sons - one is 21, the other is 18. Both live on their own now while in school. I will bet you have seen her ex on tv in the past week. Ha!

Anyway, drop me a line. You just never know. She's a pretty blonde.

Now, what can I tell her about George?

Barb
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/22/08 02:41 PM
hey toots, doing ok by God's grace \:\)
Barb,

What can you tell her? Hmmmm I guess leading with the "butt light" would not be putting my best body part, um asset, oh crud, oh yeah, "best foot" forward.

I got it, just show her my clip from when I was on the Dating Game. Of course I was a lot younger then.
cat, good to hear. Everone goes through the trials and challenges, believer and non believer alike, but the assurance we have from the bible that if we love God, IT (whatever "it" is) will work out where He gets the glory.

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, repeatdly points out in his devotions that the day to day "survivng" is where we really grow and see the power of God. Even the devotion from today connects to that daily struggle, the daily battle, the daily dying to self will and self desire in order to be a vehicle for use as He pleases.

Maybe more than any other culture at this time we live in a very "Me" drivin soceity with instant everything and a mindset of instant gratification. These growth pains we experience and the "dying to self" is all a part of our maturation but sometimes it sure aint easy, but it certainly is worth it.

Blessings to you my sister! \:\)
Quote:
"and we met up with those crazy DBers in S.D."

Hey hey now!! be nice! LOL

I blabbed about her ex, so he'll guess right ha!
and they are on good terms right? always think thats healthy, well unless its us, then never mind LOL

Go for it C2! remember like we tell newbies to dating, if nothing more, you'll of met a new friend.
Karen, what have I got to lose eh? And who couldn't use one more friend? right?
Yes, she and her ex are on good terms. He always brings over dinner or takes us out when I am visiting. I think he's kind of weird - but don't repeat that. It was SO weird when we saw him on the tv on the gas pump as we were leaving for SD. That just freaked me out.

C2 - you were on the Dating Game? Are you kidding? I always watched that.

Barb
Barb, did you click the link? \:D
Quote:
think he's kind of weird

That made me LOL !
You wonder when you see someone on tv what they would be like in person, She told me he is very much a loner, odd w/ his profession and where he lives!
Mums the word tho!

Oh C2, you were soooooo adorable and funny on The Dating Game! lol
shall we call you Andy now?? \:\)
C2: Yep, but I'm slooooowww dialup here at the cottage and its not loading properly. I'll have to look at it when I go home in a couple of days.

Barb
Happy Wednesday!

Why Karen, "tank you berry much." ;\) No, you don't need to call me Andy, for the meant time, I think I have enough nicknames.

Barb,
Yep you must watch that clip when you get back, HILARIOUS!
(btw, "you've got mail")
Blessings to one and all! Happier Thursday!!

Very busy Wendesday at work, the day just zooms by and I enjoy it!

I wound up missing the midweek service at my church but visited a church near by and enjoyed the message. Afterwards, I met up with my friends from my church for coffee and got to share some burdens with my best friend. I went home knowing that a friend would be praying for me and slept like a baby.

Lets see what this day has in store for me???
It's Friday and the kids are coming!

Actually, I see them frequently so it feels more like a weekend where they are home, like the busy lives many of you have.

I do treasure my time with them but the above feeling helps me to know more healing has been taking place. Another weekend, more time hanging out (that is, depending how much time my daughter has to spare, busy h.s. Senior \:\) )

Love my life. \:\)
Posted By: ALL6785 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/25/08 03:45 PM
Happy Friday C2!

Greetings from up nort!

Yee Haw!!!
Happy Friday, C2H!

My daughter was a busy HS senior while I was working on my Master's and going through mediation for the D. Know how that goes.

Glad you get so much time w/ the kids!

Let the healing continue!

SG
Happy Friday back atcha C2

Have a great time w/ the kiddles!!

I bet they love hanging w/ dad too!
Hey SG,

My daughter was a busy H.S. Frosh while I was working on my Master's working on othe marrital separation agreement (without mediation or attorneys) for the D.

Now, as she enters her senior year, life is much simpler. I get to grow in my relationship with the Lord, continue the healing and, hopefully, enter into a relationship some day.

Life is good!
Posted By: cat03 Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/28/08 08:45 PM
yes it is \:\)
Peace, tranquility, ahhhhhh!

I had a great weekend with my kids.

Just hanging out with my son, taxi service for daughter. Family game time with my parents and the kids' first cousins whom they grew up with (my parent use to "baby sit" all of them after school, similar ages). Quite fun!

Busy week ahead, just enjoying life and.... no drama.

Life is good. \:\)
You ok C2?? Shakin and Bakin
Posted By: BethM Re: All things work together for good ...16 - 07/29/08 07:04 PM
WOW COOL!!!

It's nice to see that everything seems to be falling into place. Hey, a relationship would only get in the way of all your game playing. Relax. Enjoy!

Love,
Bethie
© DivorceBusting.com