Divorcebusting.com
Damn lock monster got me again.

Funny I have been seperated for so long it has become part of who I am.Still not divorced.Still no man in my life.But I'm happy anyway.

Years ago when I joined this board I was such a mess.But over five years later I'm doing fine.

However I'm in a rut.I do the same ol things.I got to the same places and see the same people.Talk about the same ol things.

So how do I change things up? Of course I have to get over being sick first.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
FIRST!!!! wine please!
ah ah!! I did it!! you were first on mine and i was on yours!

Your not D Brig? wow thought you were, is your ex still living here close to me?

Rut hmmm, yea that happens - living life and doing what you need to do and realizing its becoming routine.

Of course there is always the tride and true, Join a club, take up a new hobby- something that dosnt cost a lot. Even meeting a couple of new friends opens you up to new experiences.

When that baby comes you wont be in a rut tho! You will be a doting grandma! lol
LOL we are first.

Nope not divorced.I always joke that it is because I have health insurance.But the truth is I don't have to money and I can't pin him down long enough.I can't afford a long distance divorce and he was trying to do it himslef.When that didn't go his way he just stopped.That or his gf wants to get married and having a wife is a really good excuse.

Yes he still lives close to you.He bought himself a puple PT cruiser.He is tricking it out.So if you see a long haired old man with a long scraggy beard and a bald spot.Laugh and point at him.That's my stupid on day ex.LOL

Your right I could join a club.Of course I live right next door to a dog track.I could take up betting on the dogs.And they opened up a poker room.LOL I have no idea how to play poker and I would get mad at the dog owners.Grrrrr.

Your right I will not be in a rut once that baby gets here.I so can't wait.I love babies!!!!

And I don't have to give birth to this one.Yippeee!!!!!!!

I'm feeling a little better.I'm going to try to take one more day off to get fully recovered and then work my butt off this weekend to make up for it.

I should get some sleep.But I'm wired from sleeping all day.

Later Friend
Briget
Quote:
So if you see a long haired old man with a long scraggy beard and a bald spot.Laugh and point at him.Th

LOL sounds like a lot of men I see around here!

Dont worry something will come along that will peak your interest, and you will be doing things w/ your D and future grandbaby too, that will be so fun!!
Is she going to find out the sex? thats common now uh? I didnt when I was preg. w/ S.
Can't believe your thread is locked already.

Another day off sounds good.

Too funny about your H and what Karen said about seeing a lot of men like that. So true, isn't it?
I saw a picture of my ex a while back.I see men like that all the time.On the street holding up a sign.(Will work for food is the most common.)

I'm feeling a lot better today.Except I think I pinched a nerve in my back.Prob.while coughing.LOL This getting old stuff sucks.I know I have never hurt my back coughing before.Cracked my rib once but that was I caught hand foot and mouth from my kid and it lasted for months.Hand foot and mouth is a weird form of the flu or something.My kids were over it in a few days.Me I had it for a long time.

I'm going to just lay around and baby myself.My sister has my D13,S18 is having a driving lesson and prego D21 is at WORK!!

I'm home for the day.I will go back to work tommorrow if I have a job.They did not sound to happy that I called out.Who cares.If they fire me then they fire me.I want a new job anyway.I didn't want to have to look in desperation.

Well back to laying around and watching tv.

Later Friends
Briget
Yay you! Laying around watching tv is a good thing.

Posting here doesn't hurt either.
I'm tired of laying around watching tv.I'm watching divorce court.I'm so glad I'm not as stupid as these people are.There is a woman who thinks that dna can be altered by drinking milk.LOL

H doesn't buy it.LOL I wonder why? Cause that is stupid.

I'm bored!!! I don't do this laying around thing very well.

And my back hurts.

I hate this.

Later Friend
Briget
Get a Nintendo DS or soemthing. The new crossword game for it is cool. I also like the Brain Age and Flash Focus games
I could use the brain age and flash focus games.Mine is turning to mush watching this stuff.
Yeah, milk changing DNA, that's hilarious!
If that was the case then there are a lot of cows out there that owe child support.And lets not mention that cows can't be fathers.LOL
S18 just called and said he got his drivers lic.Good God one more reason to stay off the road.LOL
Hehehe! Well good for him, bad for others. Just kidding.
He really is a good driver.But I'm a mom and I worry.I'll also get over it.
Yeah, I would worry, too. And not just about my kid but the other drivers more so.
Hi all,

Well I have once again risen from my death bed.LOL I'm not fully there yet.But I will live.Goodness I hate being sick.I annoyed myself with the whinning.LOL

My sister has my D13 until Sunday.They are hanging out at the beach.Sounds wonderful.I have to work in the morning.Darn it they are making me work tomorrow to make up for taking two days off.O well I get to make up for some lost hours.But it does cut in on my play time.

My best friend came over for dinner.We had Krystals burgers and beer.LOL I didn't eat all day today so I had 4.For those of you who don't know what a Krystal burger is and know what a white castle is they are kind of,sort of,almost like them but not quit.

We just hung out and laughed.I have a new nabor in the apartment next door from me.He is from Panama.Very nice guy.Smells wonderful.We sat out on the porch and had a few bud lights.He has a sweet little baby girl about 2 years old.He took her back to her mommas today and was very sad.We cheered him up.

My best friend is this pretty redhead.She has a little wild streak.She is a bit flirty.Very entertaining.LOL

Well off to bed.I have to be at work by 6 in the morning.Booooo I don't like this working on a weekend.

Later Friends
Briget
Hi all,

I have to work tomorrow so I'm home on a Sat.night.I haven't been this bored on a weekend in years.I'm not liking this at all.

Did you know there is nothing on tv worth watching.

I"m bored!!!!!

Later Friends
Briget
SNL reruns come on E at 9......

So Brig how's everything in your world. What did you do all day?
SNL reruns are the best.But it's 10 here so I missed them.

Let's see what did I do all day.I worked from 6to 2,came home took a 2 hour nap,did some laundry,loaded the dishwasher,did some more laundry,unloaded the dishwasher,doing some more laundry.LOL

See why I'm bored.

My best friend wanted me to go see a live band tonight.But I have to be up by five.So I'm staying home and going to bed in a little bit.I'm watching Law and Order.Maybe I will watch the news and then hit the pillow.I'm still tired.I'm stilling feeling a little bit icky,I need my rest.

Later Friend
Briget
Well Briget
I was about to leave the beach when a tourist pointed to me out an object far out so we looked at the binocs and saw it was a kayaker.

We put up the jet ski and about ready to go home and a call comes over the Fire Channel 'swimmer in distress a kayaker cannot get in. Struggling to paddle to shore'

We relaunch the ski find the kayaker in the darkness after getting soaked (just showered) and determened he will come in after his two bait fish are done. His fishing was good till we showed up but he was a rather plesant sort. The call was made by the same people whom asked about the kayaker before.

I guess I should take this as good intent but it is sad one cannot legislate stupidity as the former gov Jesse Ventura stated. (I'd vote for Jesse for President)

Now I've been in the water today for about 8 hours, wet, tired, hungry and I want a drink

What are you serving?
O yeah and I had to cuss out and threaten some grown men who were cat calling my D13.They are some workers who were hired to paint our apartment complex.

Then I went to the managers apartment and told her what the painters did.She promised to deal with it.She damn well better.

My D13 is very tall for her age and well filling out a bit more than most her age.But she has a baby face and most people can tell she is young.

If they do it again I'm calling the police.

Later Friend
Briget
GOOD FOR YOU! That's awful. I hope she knows that they're just jerks and how they acted was no reflection on her.
Swimmer

I had a bud light and fish sticks.Yummy! Not!

I'm making a pot of spaghetti tomorrow.

Later Friend
Briget
This is one youngun who doesn't take anything from anyone.I don't know where she gets that from.LOL
fig...I think she must get it from fig.........yeah that's it!
I have a twin? Cool I always wanted one.
Hi all,

Did I ever tell ya'll I have a wonderful life.Well gosh darn it I do!!

I came home from work today dead tired.I fell asleep without taking anything out for dinner.I was in the kitchen looking at the boxes of mac and cheese and fish stick thinking I didn't want that again.Just as I was about to tell my D13 I was ordering a pizza there was a knock on the door.It was my new nabor with a big bag from Carrabba's!! He works there and can take anything he wants home.

Wow!! Dinner brought to my door by a sexy man from Panama.And to boost he smells wonderful.How sweet.He is way to young form me.I wonder if he has a older brother.LOL

Life is so wonderful.

Later Friends
Briger
Posted By: Briget Ha Ha Ha - 06/23/08 01:20 AM
Justice for all the years I had to go around in a mini van!!!

D21 just traded her hot little red camaro in for a MINI VAN!!!!!!!
Wonderful story Bridget. Isn't it amazing how small acts of kindness can make such a difference. It's also empowering to know that no matter how crappy our lives may seem sometimes we ALWAYS have the power to bring some joy into the life of another, just as your neighbour did for you, and by doing so bring a little joy into our own lives. Stay happy \:\)
It just gets better!

I finished the laundry! Got clean sheets on my bed!Steve Miller Band is on PBS!

My sister came and got my Kids.She is going to take them to the beach in the morning.So I have the place to myself.I'm getting a bath while listening to the band.Grab a cold one and play on the puter for a while and then sleep like a baby.

Later Friends
Briget
Well, I just did my dishes...beat that! Oh ya, you already did...by a mile
I cleaned out my purse.Beat that!!!
I think that if I, as a male, actually had a purse then that would beat it!
LOL I guess cleaning out a wallet isn't as hard.I had altoids stuck to my wallet.LOL

I'm heading to bed.Goodnight.
Hi all,

I was at the bottom of the page.LOL Well I'm over being sick.My best friend is sick now.So I made her dinner.(not that she ate it)When I was sick she tried to get me to eat.Fair turnaround.

I'm having my first dinner party since moving in to my apartment.I'm a little nervous since my apartment is small.My kitchen is very small.

I'm having about 8 people over.I can't BBQ since I live on the second floor.My apartment gets hot when I cook so I need ideas for a dinner.

Not much else going on.I didn't work today so I did laundry and watched tv.I plan on being in bed by ten.I have to be at work by 6.I'm not liking this getting up early thing.And they change my days off.I have to work weekends.Bummer.

Well I should get ready for bed.

Later Friends
Briget
How about a variety of salads, cold shrimp, veggies w/dip and margaritas!!!
Briget,

You are a wonderfully giving positive person. I can see others noticing that and be attracted to you b/c of your qualities, such as bringing food over.

You say he's too young for you, but aren't there a lot of self-proclaimed Cougars out there? \:\)

Take care,

FL
you cleaned your purse? you brave woman! it takes me quite a while to work up the courage to do that! lol

Let's see, you can make a yummy salad with romaine, slivered almonds and mandarin oranges and vinagrette salad dressing (or go to a Trader Joe's if you have one in your state, they have the whole thing in a bag! they are soooo yummy!)

Club crackers and a spinach n cheese dip (check the kraft website, they have the best recipies!)

Quesadillas, those the easiest thing to make, you just need boiled chicken, sour cream, salsa and corn (again, check the kraft site, that's where I learned to make them) some guacamole wouldnt' hurt \:\)
Wow
I love Jill and Cats ideas!
I was gonna suggest a huge long sandwich from Subway lol and beer
but love love their ideas!

gonna take notes!
Hi all,

Well since this is a small group of friends and they know that I'm all about homecookin.So I put it to a vote and my friends asked for potroast.(So much for a cool kitchen.)I did warn them the place may be hot.LOL

We have had rain here for a few days in a row.This evening the sky clouded up.But no rain.The wind is really kicking up.So I have all my windows open.The sky is kind of clearing up.I'm enjoying the breeze.It was hot as all git out today.

So with some luck I will have a windy night Sat and I can open up the windows.That and I plan on cranking up the air cond.and hoping for the best.LOL

Not much going on right now.I have been staying home for the past few weeks except for monday night pool league.Tomorrow night I plan on going dancing.I still haven't learned to two step.I took the flippin lessons and practiced often.But my feet just don't want to do it.Weird I can do the swing which is harder but can't do the two step.

I have been working a bit more this week trying to make up for missing those days last week when I was sick.So I'm tired.I plan on going to bed in about a hour.I'm getting old.

Thank you for all the ideas for my dinner.If I do this again I will keep them in mind.

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget

P.S.Does anyone want a moody 13 year old.LOL As I'm posting this she had the nerve to get snippy with me cause I'm washing my work clothes.So I sent her to clean the kitchen.Now she is in the kitchen complaining about being my personal slave.LOL
Quote:
Does anyone want a moody 13 year old.LOL As I'm posting this she had the nerve to get snippy with me cause I'm washing my work clothes.So I sent her to clean the kitchen.Now she is in the kitchen complaining about being my personal slave.LOL

Got one of those.
hmmm, I guess I'll keep my moody 10yr old, no thanks ;\)
Is that why kids are born? To be personal slaves! LOL

Glad you are feeling better, Brig. Hope your dinner goes well. Pot roast sounds yummy.
Hi all,

Well dinner went well.The food turned out awesome.That was a given though.I'm a good cook.Got that from my momma.That and her hips.

My D21 brought a boy.Well not really a boy I guess you could call him a man now.He has done 2 tours in the middle east.He was wounded the last time.Has had quit a few operations on his arm.Had a head wound.

I don't know what I think of him yet.But since she is pregnant I don't think it will last.I think this is her way of distractiong herself from her sitch.

My best friend came with the new man in her life.If ever a woman had bad taste in men that woman does.His name is Bobby.But I call him Ricky Bobby.He's a box of rocks.And he had a bit to much to drink before he got here.He brought a case of beer.This was not a drinking dinner.This was a sit down with real plates and forks.LOL I had to tell her to tell him to tone down the language in front of the kids.

I had invited a friend who I have been flirting with.I don't think I will ever hear from him again.My family sort of gave him a third degree.LOL Poor thing.

But the food was awesome.LOL

Later Friend
Briget
LMAO over your comment on your friend's boyfriend. Ricky Bobby! Hilarious and I can just picture it!

Glad all went well.

Well, you will see what kind of character your friend has if you do hear from him but I understand what you mean. So not fun to be given the third degree when you just meet.
LOL My best friend just called me and we had a talk.She was telling me that she,D13 and the bf was in the living room when I was in the kitchen.

He was telling a story and using laugage he shouldn't.My D13 told him he was talking like a penis head.Well bf told her don't you think your a bit to young to be using words like that.D13 told him well you didn't think I was to young to hear the words you are saying.LOL

It was so funny I couldn't punish her for being rude to an adult.LOL
LOL!! om! indeed, a box of rock, what an eventful dinner you had \:D
Hi all,

I haven't been posting much.I just don't have the energy.I'm so tired all the time.

I'm going to see a Dr.asap.This is not normal.This feels like I have the flu.I hurt all over.I think I may have fibromialgia.(bonus if I even came close to spelling that right)

Of course I went on Web MD and well I could have a whole host of things. I really should stay off that site.I have to many symtoms I didn't have until I got on there.LOLI bet I'm just old.And if this is old them I'm against it.

Not much else going on.All I do is sleep.I work my 8 hours and come home and go to sleep.I don't do even half of what I usually do.In fact I have had two hour naps every day this week.I'm asleep by ten and I sleep so sound at night I have a hard time getting up in the morning.

Well I'm heading to bed.Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Make sure they check your thyroid - and of course they'll check you for anemia and diabetes. Hey wait - don't you already know you HAVE diabetes? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Ellie
I was sooo tired all the time Brig when they found out I had my thyroid cond. and was very anemic! Still am! lol but its more insomnia now.

Were you just sick? could your body be trying to get back to normal?
Hi all,

Well I have been taking a bit better care of myself.I'm feeling better.I cut back on the soda and coffee.Drinking a bit more water.Feeling a little better.I haven't gotten in to see the Dr.I'm having insurance issues.

My best friend pointed out that I shoot men down when they ask me out.That I have an immage in my mind of what I want.And don't give anyone a chance.

She chalanged me to except a date from the next man I get asked out by.So I did.This man is so not the type of man I usually date.Kind of out of shape.Blue collar.I usually go for the military type.Turns out this on is retired.But at the time I had no clue.He is an electrician.

But he seems really nice.And suprised I said yes.LOL

He is going to call me and let me know what he comes up with.I usually pick the place.I decided to let him pick out where we go since I don't know what he can afford.

So wish me luck.

Not much else going on.I layed around the house most of the day.I did some lite housework.Not much else.

It looks like it is going to rain tonight.I sure hope so.I love it when it rain at night.

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
I think that is very cool of you to go against your norm. Besides, you can date just to have fun and some good times.

Take it easy and I hope cutting out the soda and coffee helps you to feel better.
Hey Brig,

Glad your feeling better and even shaking things up a bit. You know you may just be pleasantly surprised by this guy. Besides, what do you have to lose? He may be a really nice man. I'll be interested in hearing how it goes.

Take care and continue to feel better!

Love,
Bethie
And usually I make them take me to the pool hall where all my friends hang.This time I don't have a say.So I'm really steppin out of my comfort zone.
Good for you Brig!
You never know he may introduce you to some new things--- and by that I mean hobbies and stuff BETHIE!!

Let us know, cant wait to hear. Have fun!
Damn I was hoping it wasn't a new hobby.
hahah well that will be YOUR choice \:\)
Ha Ha,

Maybe a movie.Of course you can't learn anything about them when your at the movie.

But then again we don't have to talk.And there is popcorn.
Originally Posted By: Briget
Damn I was hoping it wasn't a new hobby.

Hey, maybe, "you'll" be his new hobby???

I'm living with someone who wasn't the "norm" for me and it's worked out great!!!
I bet I could be a darn good hobby.If I can remember how to be one.LOL
Its like ridin a bike my dear Brig, riding a bike! \:\)
Bike riding can be so much fun!!!
Anyone want a moody 13 year old.She is potty trained.
Yeah I'll take her. I have a garden full of weeds...by the time I get done with her she will be a grateful 13 year old!
Oh God! I sure hope she is potty trained by now!

How are you feeling today, Brig?
I will never go outside of my comfort zone again.Ever Ever Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just in case I wasn't clear Never Again!!!!!!!!!

I'll just say this about him.

Cocaine habit,Nascar,and his truck smells like cheese.And all he did was b!tch about his ex wife.And he seemed so nice.Retired navy,chubby ( I didn't think drugs just because he is chubby) I have really bad taste in men.

Single is lookin pretty good right now.

Later Friends
Briget
Aw come on Brig...........

Besides if I think drugs I think skinny and maybe he just likes cheese.
He asked me if I wanted to go out to his truck and do a line of coke.

I took a cab home.
This was the worst date of my entire life.I can handle boring,I can handle fat, but drugs are a dealbreaker.
And what the hell is a 47 year old cubby assed man doing coke for?Doesn't he know he could have a heart attack?

I'm kinda pissed off.I can't believe this.What a loser.
and he tried to kiss me good nite.Yuck!!!
I think the last hooker he picked up hit his head against the headboard a bit to hard.
Oh YUCK!!!

I am so sorry about your awful date. Bet it was meant to be just so you would have one those dating stories to tell.

Don't give up!
But I don't want date stories.I would just like to meet a nice Normal man.

Are all men in their 40's crazy?
Well, good luck with that. I don't think anyone is normal. I have come to figure that one out all on my own.
Well they can't all be as crazy as this one.I'm just happy I found out on the first date.
No kidding! And no, not all crazy. Just not "normal" but I do know what you mean. That was me trying to be funny.

I say use it as a bad date story because that is all you got from it. Thank God. Just guess what you may have got had you kissed the loser!
Ewwwwwwww

I was waiting in the parking lot for a cab.He was trying to talk me into going back in.I had made up my mind I didn't want to go on with this date.He tried to kiss me good night.

Ewwwwww I think I would have gotten sick if he had kissed me.I turned my head.

I'm just annoyed that I have such bad taste.
I am throwing up in my mouth just reading this!

And no, you don't have bad taste. How could you have known this?
Chalk it up to a bad date and go scrub yourself clean!
LOL I already had a shower.

Your right.I don't have bad taste.I have a comfort zone.And I'm sure it is there for a reason.Mainly so I won't do this again.I usually have a type of man I'm attracted to. I usually go by my gut.This time I didn't.

Well I'm heading to bed.I have to go to that place where they make me work tomorrow morning.

Later Friend
Briget
Funny you mention going with your gut. Or not going with it.

Anyhow, I didn't go with mine today and bought that horrible Cinnabon cereal. Yuck!
Quote:
He asked me if I wanted to go out to his truck and do a line of coke.

wow, what a smooth talker! yuck Brig!
sorry you had a bad experience.
the girls are right tho, dont let one bad apple--
and he was a bad apple! but for as many losers there are out there, there are winners.
Oh my Brig,

I agree with Trip, how could you have known? What a loser.

You can't let this discourage you though. Maybe next time you can get some references and definitely go with your gut!
I think the last hooker he picked up hit his head against the headboard a bit to hard.

OMG, Briget, you are a crack up!!!

Glad you showed him the road.

Next time we'll pick your date for ya, OK?
I was just saying to my coworkers I'm not allowed to pick my own dates any more.LOL

I'm over it.Still suprised I thought that was a nice guy.
Quote:
men in their 40's crazy

Well crazy in what way. Ran into several in Iraq and we have 4 LGs 40 or over. Now I admit none of these are sane but not fat or to my knowledge do drugs since we have to happily pee into bottles.
I don't really thing all men in their 40's are crazy.Just the ones that ask me out.LOL
Is that a requirement to ask you out?
It must be some kind of unspoken requirement.I'm not sure what kind of signal I'm sending out.But it seems to attract the crazies.
Hi all,

I'm feeling overwhelmed right now.I have so many people who want something from me.I'm tired.I wanted a day to myself.I'm feeling a little selfish right now.

For a while now I have not had a day of peace.D13 is just annoying right now.All we do is bicker.I'm at my wits end.I just want her to be quit for a while.All she does is whine and complain.

D21 is pregnant and all she wants is money.She has made a half assed attempt to get a job.And now that she is starting to show I don't think she is going to get hired.I'm angry about this.I told her I will only feed and house her.I will not give her money for gas unless it is to go find a job.

S18 works til 2 in the morning then sleeps all day on the couch.I want him to get a day job so I can have my living room back.

Everyday when I get home from work the place is a mess.No one picks up.I'm tempted to just start throwing stuff that is laying around away.

I'm tired of all this crap and want this to change.Any ideas on how to do this?

I feel like running away.But I know they would just chase me down.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Hi all,

Feeling a bit better.I got home from work at two.I love going in early.It made it feel like a half shift.Before leaving for work this morning I put some red beans in the crockpot.Awesome!!!!

I made some rice,collard greens,and fresh corn on the cob!The only thing missing was cornbread.To hot to turn the oven on.

I love cooking.It always makes me feel better.So now my belly is full and I'm having a nice cold one while playing on the computer.

I don't have to be at work til 8 tomorrow.So life is good.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Later Friends
Briget
Hi Brig!

Glad you are feeling better.

I am enjoying a cold one right now myself. I made potato salad and am going to grill some chicken to have with it. The chicken is Tandoori spiced from my local butcher and this will be the first time for me to try it from them.

How is this next week shaping up for you? I hope things get better for you and your daughters and son.
Mmmmmmmmm Tater salad.Yummy!!!

My week will be about the same as last.Only this time I plan on having my sister take D13 this weekend to give us a much needed break from each other.

She got he first period about two weeks ago.Fun!!

That and the moody pregnant D21.I kind of feel like I can't breath.But this weekend I will find some time to myself.

Enjoy your Tandoori chicken.I'm vegan this week.I put on a few pounds and need to get that in check.So no meat this week.Bummer bacon is meat.LOL
Quote:
,collard greens

Ok Brig
Now I have always wanted to know what exactly is collard greens?
Don't forget I was brought up on English food for the most part with meatloaf , chicken pot pie and stuff thrown in lol so not familar w/ regional foods. and grits what exactly is that do you know? I see at the store a box that says grits looks like cream of wheat.

Whatever your meal sounds delish!!! wish I was a good cook!
glad you are feelin more chipper!
Karen that is so cute.You don't know what collards are.Well they are kind of like spinach.(sp?)only not! The leaves are thicker.And the taste is a lot differnt.They are usually cooks with some sort of smoked meat like bacon or a ham hock.I din't use meat this time.That is gonna take some time to get used to.Some here in the south eat mustard greens.I don't like them.They have a really strong flavor.

Grits are like polenta.We eat them with lotsssssss of butter salt and pepper.I was born in Indiana.When I moved here at 12 I thought everyone was weird to eat grits with out milk and sugar.They taste a bit like cream of wheat only not as fine ground.

Iam a good cook.I have over 300 cookbooks.Buy a couple of good cookbooks and take a chance.I bet your really a good cook.My meatloaf always comes out tasting like a brick.

Later Friend
Briget
O and remember when I was dating the British guy.He said my beef potpie was the best.Well except his mothers.
You need to educate em on Sweet Tea and the proper brewing of.
I was brought up on roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, too! Yum.

Sounds like you have a house full of "female troubles". You poor woman, you!
You were Trip??

Thanks Brig! lol for explaining it, it sounds actually quite tasty! I bet you make it great! wow 300 cookbooks! oh vey! I think I have 300 " how to be a better you" and " save your marriage" books hows that? lol

ya know the last few years w/S off at college so just me here I have not been cooking much at all, I make a pretty mean Pasta primevera, nothing fancy and a few casseroles people like maybe its time again

Hope your week continues to be better!
Yep. British background.

I love a good Yorkshire pudding among some other things.
MMMM yorkshire pudding! Our traditional Christmas dinner...with a roast beast of course!

But my daddy is from the south so I am familiar w/greens and grits and red beans and dirty rice as well. and bacon. Can't forget the bacon! LOL! My mom was from Iowa and Dad from the south, so every morning we would have bacon. \:D

Hey Bridget, are you shooting any pool these days? Sounds like you could use a "mommy day". Don't have any real advice for you on D21...just sympathy...

As for the younger ones...I found that the following things worked for my teens when they were home.

I had a printed list of things that needed to be done every day such as:

Garbage Out
Dishes Done
Clear Counters
Pick Up personal items from Shared Space
Sweep the floor
Feed the animals...

and so on. I required that they do 5 things before they left the house, but left it up to them what to do. After a month or two (Re-training takes time) they both got really good at seeing/sensing what needs to be done and going in and doing it.

By putting it on a list I took the personal accusation out of it.
By allowing them to choose what and when they did I gave them a sense of control.

And of course I positively reinforced my appreciation whenever it was done.

Remember, "Whatever you focus on expands?"

Works great with surly teenagers as well!

Hope your day is going great!

SG
Ok I have over a hundred posts on this one.Gonna lock up soon.

I had a date lined up for dinner tonight.My sister took my D13 for a overnight. He canceled.So I went to Wendys got a chili and some taco chips.A beer and just pigged out.I'm so full.Yummy.It's wonderful to eat alone once and while.I don't have to use my manners.LOL

And I have the place to myself for the first time in a long time.

I'm having a lock party here tonight.Last post gets a drink.

Later Friends
Briget
Burgendy
Ok open bar!!!!
I'm here.............

I'll take a drink!

Hey wasn't it just last week that you swore off men? Have you lost your short term memory?
I didn't swear off men.I just swore off that man.Men are yummy.

But the guy I was suppose to go to dinner is a really good friend.In fact he is one of my dearest friends.This came out of the blue.I didn't even know he thought of me that way.Or it could just be dinner.LOL

I however am very interested.When I hurt my back coughing a while back he came over and gave me a massage.He was so good with that well now he has me wondering about other things.LOL

We are going to go to dinner tomorrow.Just dinner.No expectations.LOL I'm keeping the cobwebs for now.LOL
Open bar!!!!
Quote:
I didn't swear off men.I just swore off that man.Men are yummy.

I didn't even know he thought of me that way.Or it could just be dinner.LOL

HAHAHA......So I guess that means you'll take whatever you can get huh? Whatever, it sounds safe, and you sound interested so it's all good! Right?

So if the bars open I'll take whatever you're serving.......
Name your poison.I'm having a bud light myself.

As far as taking what I can get well not a chance.I want it all.Well maybe not everything.
I'm watching America's got talent.I'm moving to Canada.
HAHAHA! I can't even watch that crap. So many stupid shows on TV this summer.

Hey we can go to Canada and mooch off Barb. We'll just tell her we're there for a visit....a visit hahahahaha
Cool she has a cabin.Let's go!!!!!!

I don't have cable so it was this or Dr.Phil.I would rather watch paint dry.
Am I last??

I'm having a beer, watching the All Star Game zzzzzzzz
so i'll cont. w/ beeer, Guiness please!!
You can have all the Guiness.Yuck to strong for me.I wish I was watching the All Star Game.

But I don't have cable.I have three channels.PBS not in the mood to learn anything.Just wanna laugh.This is working.

The channel with Dr.Phil.Not in the mood to feel sorry for the dumb asses that will air their dirty laundry on tv.

So I'm laughing at people who think they can sing.
115 posts and still not locked.
OMG I have goosebumps!!!!!!

I'm watching America's got talent.I just saw this man who lost his voice 11 years ago just sing You raise me up.He just blew me away.

America does have talent.
LOL you are so funny Brig, If you heard me sing, you would say America has no talent lol

not a huge Guinny fan actually it was leftover from some party ,either that or my sons what i call pizz beer.
We had pizza so beer sounded good.

Well good luck w/ your thread, I am sure by morning it will be longggg gone,and you can start sailing anew
I think all of the moderators must be clued to Americas Got Talent.
I'm not funny!!

It's the beer buzz.
Originally Posted By: BethM
I think all of the moderators must be clued to Americas Got Talent.

ROFL
Yes! move to Canada!
But Canada is cold.
I know, I know and we all live in Igloos!
And I'm a surfer.LOL
Let's just say that where I live it is pretty warm today!
You can surf and ski in the same day here!
Trip,

We weren't going to MOVE to Canada we were going to mooch...er I mean...VISIT, yeah that's iit visit ;\)
Outside? In the elements? Did you know there is this big round hot thing in the sky? I stay inside.LOL

I love big hot things!
No we're planning on crashing at Barb's. She just doesn't know it yet!!! HAHAHA
I love big hot things to.LOL Just haven't seen one in a long while.LOL

So should we just show up at Barb's with our suitcases like little lost kittens?

I know she likes kittens.
Well, at least I am on to you. Although we would have a great time if you crashed at my place!
Yeah that sounds good and just for insurance we'll pull out a bottle of wine. Our ace in the hole!
That seems to be the going rate around here. Wine!
Bunch of cheap drunks!
and easy too!
I may be a drunk but I'm not cheap.Ask my ex
...but you are easy????
Hehehe!
Kinda,sorta,maybe.How much?
Depends doesn't it?
Yeah it sure does.
For instance, say a hot guy that lives to the south of here were to arrive at my door, I would be easy!
Yeah I could be easy for that.Maybe one of those guys from the north of here.LOL
So Brig you've pretty much covered the map.
LOL cute.Real cute.

But your right.LOL I just couldn't help myself.I'm easy like that.
OMG I have goosebumps!!!!!!

I'm watching America's got talent.I just saw this man who lost his voice 11 years ago just sing You raise me up.He just blew me away.

America does have talent.

OMG, I saw him too and he was awesome!!! Didn't catch why he'd lost his voice, did you?
Bethie,

I just saw Barbie is here.Don't tell her we are coming!
She might smell it on you though so be careful!
I'll just spray some perfume.
So what drink is everyone on?
Just finished my third budlight.LOL

I love having my apartment to myself.LOL I'm so lovin this.
I'm not saying anything. She won't know any of it until she opens the door and we yell "SURPRISE! I brought wine and Brig has her red bean thing"

Trip,

Are you counting?
I'll show up with Gumbo.No one turns down Gumbo.
I am bad with math.
~~ sneaking in while the East coasters are sleepin~~

close close close
How was your day, Karen?
Dash it! didnt work lol
Hey Trip
It was pretty good! Really tired now tho, How was yours?
Mine was good. Spent some time with a favourite friend.
© DivorceBusting.com