Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Briget I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/25/08 10:36 PM
Hi all,

I'm back!!

How is everyone doing? I'm cool.Just doing my own thing.Which is work and play.Mostly playing.LOL

I still don't have a strong internet signal.But I'm working on it.Staying off the computer has been good for me.I get a lot more rest.I don't feel like going to the park to look for a signal very often.

So life has been good to me.I now have two of my kids married off.Now if they would just give me grandbabies I would be in heaven.Just kidding I'm to young to be a grandmother.S18 had a roommate and his own place.That lasted all winter til his roommate up and moved away.So now he is on my couch.But I'm lovin it.Ha Ha I still work at McDonalds.Not lovin that.But who cares it pays the bills.Those are finally getting paid.

I love my apartment.Never been happier.It's my little world and I love it.

D13 is doing wonderful.She has made a lot of friends.My phone never stops ringing.She may be going to visit her dad out in san diego.But that promise has been made before.Pretty sure he will not follow through.

Well Im never sure when this signal will fail so ta ta for now.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: sgctxok Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/25/08 11:58 PM
Thanks for checking back in....Can you also check in on Hopefulness? There's an oldtimer's club there. Not that you're old.

I'm sooooooooo glad you're life is great. Living well is AWESOME.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/26/08 01:09 AM
Briget,
It's so great to hear that you're doing great and lovin' your life!!! I can't think of anyone who deserves happiness more than you.

We miss you!!!! You were always such a breath of fresh air.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/28/08 02:29 AM
Briget!!
Wow, just checkin in real quick and lo and behold , look whos here. Life sounds good girly! Quite surprised that ex has made contact, I do hope for your D sake, she can make the trip

Take Care, dont be a stranger!
Posted By: cat03 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/28/08 03:26 PM
i just LOVE your sigi
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/28/08 09:23 PM
Hi all,

Guess what!!!!!! I'm back full time!! I got finally broke down and paid for internet.I got clearwire and now my house has three working computers.LOL

Not much going on right now.It's raining.So I'm going to sit here and enjoy my computer.And visit all my friends in the comfort of my home.

D13 is thrilled we have the net.She has had a little lap top for a while and no connetion.Now she better be nice for a while.LOL Moody little thing.I have no idea where she gets that.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/28/08 09:29 PM
Yeah Brig! lol

good now you can vent and chit chat and drink and whine and cry w/ all your old DB buddies!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/28/08 09:37 PM
Now you know I never vent!!! I am the calmest person you could ever meet!!!

Wait it's raining! I might not want to tempt fate.I could end up being hit by lightening.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: BethM Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/28/08 11:43 PM
Brig...........

Your back and legally. I'm so darn proud!!!

Good to hear that your life is going so well. Don't be a stranger. We've missed you!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/28/08 11:53 PM
Gosh I just noticed the date of when I registered.Dec of 03.Wow that seems like a lifetime ago.

I'm still not divorced.Not a move towards it.I really don't care.I'm not in love.Don't want to get married and I have health coverage.What's my motivation? LOL I'm just lazy.And I'm not flippin paying for it.

S23 got married in Oct. They moved to North Carolina right after the wedding.S23 has a really good job.I love my DIL.She is by far the sweetest girl I have ever met.She is a very beautiful redhead.I hope to one day get a cubby cheeked redheaded grandchild.I'm really trying hard not to call them and push them into having a baby.LOL I just can't wait.

D21 married a man who is just a few years younger than me.That marriage will not last.He has hit her.I'm here for her.She has run home a few times and gone back the next day.He is so horrible to her.She was not raised to put up with that.I know she will leave soon.I'm trying not to sound pushy.She is young and won't listen.

D20 is in collage and doing very well.I don't hear from him much.He is so busy.

S18 is saving up for a car.As soon as he gets one he is on his way back to school.He is working so many hours and I'm not charging him rent.That will change if he changes his mind about going back to school.

D13 is D13.Ever present.Always underfoot when she isn't at one of her friends.I love it.Well most of the time.Teenagers are such moody creature.Nothing makes them happy.Well not quit true.Boys and more boys.She is a giggly happy little thing when she is with her friends talking about boys.

Me I work a lot.I still have my pool team.I still love shooting pool.I'm still not dating.I had one date this year.He was nice enough.Good looking.Green eyes pretty face.Box of rocks.Couldn't hold a conversation to save his life.I couldn't find a subject that we both understood.

My best friend made me give up going out with navy men.Ok she has a point I did marry two of them and they didn't work out.But come on is there anything sexier than a man in a uniform? I think not.So I went out with this man who is a construction worker.I'm sure not all construction workers are a box of rocks but this one was.LOL

So how is everyone doing? I haven't been on in so long.I tried to read up on everyone but there is so much to read.

And why hasn't anyone stepped up to the bar.Do I have to drink alone?

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 12:05 AM
Okay. Mai Tai, please. I am into those lately! Or should I say they are into me!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 01:46 AM
Ha Ha!!

Well pull up a barstool and drink up!!!

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 02:38 AM
Good! Start mixing!!

Oh, and box of rocks!! That cracks me up!
Posted By: merrick Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 03:21 AM
Hi Briget, glad to know you're well. I lurk, but don't really post...still just like hangin' in my tree listening to reggae.

Got to see the Pope the last week at Yankee Stadium--my favorite cathedral--heaven on earth!!!!

Peace
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 01:02 PM
Briget
Do you chase your 13 yr old around with a pool stick?
Its that legal in Fla?
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 02:04 PM
(Waving)

Welcome back! I don't think I could live without Internet! (Actually it would be quite difficult to do distance teaching without it! LOL)

How's your game? Any tips for a wanna be Black Widow?
\:D

SG
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 04:46 PM
SG,

One of the best tips I can give you is let the men teach you how to play.There good at it.Then when you have learned how to play show them what you have learned.LOL

Swimmer,

I can't chase her around with my stick cause she would pull hers out and chase me back.LOL Yup she has her own stick to.She is going to be pretty good at it.

Not much going on here.It's my day off and I'm bored as all get out.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: BethM Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 04:53 PM
Hey Brig............

Hope you're having a nice relaxing day to yourself! If anyone deserves it you do!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 04:55 PM
Merrick,

How cool!!!! You got to see the Pope!!!!! I know that had to be an awesome experence.

Still hanging in your tree huh? Cool doing your own thing.Sounds like this year is going to be wonderful.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 07:27 PM
Hi all,

My best friend just came for a little visit.She left a few minutes ago.

We had a conversation (again) about how I push men away.That I'm throwing out vibes that pretty much say leave me the hell alone.I'm a people person so that is not me.It's just that my life is quit wonderful and I don't want to mess it up right now.

Now get this she gave me the your not getting any younger speach.Did someone stamp an experation date on my ass? I'm gonna have to take a look next time I undress.I'm flippin 43.I'm in the prime of my life.Grrrrrrrrrrr. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr Grrrrrrrr

O well she just doesn't get it.But I love her anyway.She is my best friend.But gosh darn it.Grrrrrrrrrr

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 07:37 PM
You know those supermarket markers that go ChChunk

So you are saying you got Prime stamped on your buttox?

I'm on the buy before tomorrow bin. For sale cheap! \:D
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 07:40 PM
LOL thats funny.

Well since I'm in my prime I guess that has to be what is stamped on my butt.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 07:44 PM
Well lets use neon blue ink but please don't fart when I stamp.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 07:45 PM
Women do not fart.Didn't you know that.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 07:47 PM
I always wanted a tattoo on my butt.But I didn't want just common one.I think I know what to get now.LOL
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/29/08 07:49 PM
\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/30/08 12:47 AM
Hi all,

Had a good day.Didn't do anything but recharge my battery.I'm feeling really good.I did do something I haven't done in years.I went on my ex websit.He has one for his nascar stuff.LOL

I'm left giggling with joy that fate has brought me down the path I'm on.He has a current pic of himself.To say I would be embarressed to be seen with him is a understatement.He used to be a semisexy man in a uniform.(if you close one eye and tilt your head to the left.) Now he has grown his hair really long and shaggy.Which is kind of funny since he is bald on top.It is gray,stringy,and looks like he never washes it.He also has grown a long beard that is also straggly and gross looking. He looks like a stray mutt.

I'm amazed by this.For years he was a neat freak.He just does not look like the man I knew.He looks so uncaring.Like nothing in the world matters to him. He looks like the unibomber.If I saw him walking down the street I would cross the street.He looks like a homeless man.He would scare me.Weird.

I'm so happy with how my life turned out.I know I would be unhappy if I had to watch his transformation.I'm sad for him.Just seeing his pic put a missing piece of the puzzle together for me.I aways wonder how he could just walk away without a care in the world.Now I know he doesn't care about himself no wonder he doesn't care about his children.

I wonder if he is mentally ill.He looks like the walking dead.

Well enough of that.I can't do anything about it.And I don't even care to try.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: FiatLux Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 04/30/08 12:23 PM
Quote:
I'm flippin 43.I'm in the prime of my life.Grrrrrrrrrrr.

They say 40 is the new 30. \:\)

That's funny about you peeking at your Xs site. My X does the myspace thing. Hers is the opposite trend - stuck in the late teens/early 20s mindset. On the one hand, I hope for S8's sake that some more maturing eventually kicks in. On the other hand, I remember a very long, painfully long road trip with X's Mom, in which XMIL acted like an empty-headed 16yo from time to time, that tells me this stuff is pretty set.

I'm glad you're alive and kicking... I was about to organize a search party... \:\) I'm enjoying this incredibly mild late April/early May. How about you?

FL
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/01/08 12:36 AM
FL,

I'm enjoying this wonderful weather we are having.I live near the river so I try to go walking there as often as I can.I plan on getting out there tomorrow.Life is wonderful.And how grand it is to be able to walk the ST.Johns.After all it's my river.

Had me a wonderful day today.No drama at work.Got home and no one was home.So I read the paper and had me a Dr.Pepper out on the patio.The breeze was wonderful and wow the sun was out.

Came in and had me a little nap.D13 walked in just as I was waking.Gave me a kiss and went into a long story about some hot latino boy in her class.Gosh cant' she just once just tell me lunch was yucky or something.LOL

Had leftovers for dinner.Then a nice hot shower.

I'm on my way out in a few to play a little pool tourni then off to bed to start all over again.

Could my life get any better.I think not.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/01/08 02:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Briget
Could my life get any better.I think not.

It's so great to hear this!!! Who'd of thought, huh?
Posted By: pat44 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/01/08 02:11 PM
Hey Briget:

Nice to see you posting again!

Quote:
I'm flippin 43.I'm in the prime of my life

I am almost 43 myself am loving my 40's - wouldn't want to be any other age!

take care,
AG
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/02/08 02:49 AM
Hi all,

Well I lost the pool tournament last night.Wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.I need glasses I think.LOL

I did beat a few really good players.However I did not beat the best players.I played a tourni that was double elimination.The two games I lost I did get down to the eight ball.Not to bad.No balls left on the table is a good thing.

Well today was a good day for me.Work was work.A little drama between a few workers but I wasn't part of it.Mostly cause I was to tired.I kept to myself today.I didn't get home until after midnight and I had to be at work by seven.(can we say stupid to go out in the first place)The drama queens are on their way out and I don't want to be one of them.

I'm still working on my temper.I hesitate to say that cause every time I do something comes along to test me on that.I'm getting tired of that.LOL

I got off work about a hour before my D13 got home.So I laid down and almost had a nap.D13 came in and spilled her whole day in my lap.If you have never been a sounding board for a 13 year old girl you are missing some funny stuff.

Didn't feel like cooking so we went to Wendys and pigged out on all the stuff that would make my Dr.give me a lecture about my hight colesterol(sp).

Now I'm bored.I have no plans for the weekend.Something will pop up.I love this.Most of my life has been wrapped up in someone elses life.D13 has a sleepover at my sisters.She has kids her age and she loves hanging out.So I get to do whatever I want this weekend.How cool.

Well I should get to bed.I have to go to that place in the morning where they make me work.I keep telling them they hired me for my looks.And this bait and switch is annoying.I have a hard time figuring out why their eyes keep rolling.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/03/08 08:26 PM
Hi all,

Well I went out last night and shot some pool with my girlfriends.What a blast!! We had a few beers shot some pool with some really sweet men.Giggled and just had fun.

Got home around the same time as S18 got home from work.He works night shift.LOL

D13 got home about a hour ago.My sister let her have Mountain Dew.I'm now thinking of how I'm going to get her back for that one.D13 is a little bouncy.LOL

Doing laundry.I hate laundry day.But a girl has to have clean cloths.No plans for tonight.Gonna watch some tv and hit the sack early.All my British comedy shows are on tonight.I love them.They remind me of the British guy I dated a few years ago.He was a huge part of my healing.Reminded me that I'm one hell of a sexy woman.Gotta love that.LOL

Well gotta start dinner.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/06/08 06:09 PM
Just testing.Something weird was going on with my computer.Wouldn't let me log on.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/08/08 11:31 PM
Hi all,

How are ya'll doing? I'm good.I have the night to myself.My D13 is spending the night with my best friend and her stepdaughter to be.They are going to go for seafood.Yummy!!! Yuck I hate seafood.Not even fishsticks.But D13 loves it.So here I am all on my own.Gonna enjoy the down time.I love it.

Last night I played in a pool tourni.I suck.I only won one game.Then boom boom I was knocked out.LOL

Drama was in the air last night.Turns out my ex bf who is dating two woman at the same time was up there playing the tournamemt to.So were both woman!!! Can you say bar fight!! I just stayed away from it all.I enjoyed the show though.Boy did I ever dodge a bomb with that one.

He is moving out of state this weekend.I'm glad of that.No more running into him all over the place.I'm going to like that.

Nothing much went on today.I worked early.Came home and took a nap before D13 came home from school.Got to spend some time with her before she left for the night.

Well I'm going to go clean the kitchen and find a movie to watch.I'm so going to enjoy this time to myself.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: hellkat Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/08/08 11:53 PM
Hey Briget! It's been a few months since I've been here and I was glad to see you updating - need to do some of that myself.

Sorry about your pool tourny but at least you caught the show, Ah - ya gotta love the bar fights lol!

Good to hear you and yours are doing well! Enjoy your relaxing evening!
Posted By: FiatLux Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/13/08 10:07 PM
Just as in real life, when I'm bowling on the Wii against S8, my ball pulls left while his keeps going true.

What gives?

FL
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/16/08 03:28 PM
FL I'm not gonna comment on that.Nope not gonna.I've been over on Bethies thread.I'm afraid I have a dirty mind right now.

Good morning everyone.

Sometime in the middle of the night last night a truck ran over my head.I didn't see it or hear it.But it was there.LOL

Well nothing going on so far today.I'm hoping for a peacefull day.

S18 is asleep right now.He worked til about 3 in the morning.Poor thing he is learning life is hard work.

As soon as the motrin kicks in I'm going to take advantage of my day and get some stuff done around here so I have the whole weekend to spend with the kids.Other than that no plans today or tonight.

I'm sure I will scratch up a pool game somewhere.

I hope everyone has a wonderful thursday.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/19/08 01:24 AM
Hi all,

Hows it going? Me I'm fine.Kinda got the blues.But that will pass.I guess once and a while I let all this get to me.Most of the time I'm all good.I'm tired of being lonely.It wears you out.I know I have a lot to be thankful for.Most days I am.But today I just don't feel like it.

I worked today while my family went to the lake and had a blast.I'm a bit angry that the ex has put my in this sitch.I have to work instead of spending the weekends with my family.Ok I don't always have to do that.But damn it I had to today.Work wasn't to bad.We had enough workers and no drama.I guess I should be grateful.I just don't feel like it.Damn it.

I have been alone for five years now.I miss having someone in my life. I miss knowing that someone has my back.That someone loves me.I miss just having someone who knows me.I mean really knows me.Not the person I put out there.

I keep telling myself that it is not an emergency.That I have time.But do I really? I'm not getting any younger.And most of the men my age seem to want the younger ones.Whats up with that?Am I damaged goods.

I have been told I act like one of the guys.How do I break that.Or is there someone out there that likes a woman who can hang with the big boys.Do I have to start letting them win at pool and darts? Do I want someone who wants a woman who will do that?

Don't get me wrong I do not act like a man. I don't dress like a man.I'm a girly girl.But for some reason I come off as one of the guys.

I don't know how to flirt.How weird is that? I just don't get the whole flipping my hair and giggling thing.

I'm indepentant.Have I made myself so indepentant that I'm intimidating?I have been told by a few of my male friends that men are scared to come up and talk to me.How is that.I'm flippin 4 foot 11.Just how scary am I?

So any ideas how to stop being one of the guys.I hear this enough from my female friends to know there has to be a grain of truth to it.

How frustrating.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/21/08 12:50 AM
Hi all,

Well I see a few of us have gotten a little blueie this week.

I'm thinking it is the season.With some of our children graduating,getting married,having babies ect..... We are feeling the sadness of not seeing our dreams of our youth come compleatly true.

I'm sure we all fell in love with out ex with the same hopes and dreams young couples have.To raise a family and watch them grow in our love.When our exes left it tore the dreams apart.

This weekend was a bit hard for me.I see my family growing and moving forward with their lives and feel a bit left behind.I always thought the ex and I would grow old together.Well that has not happened.

So can I just decide not to grow old.LOL

I need to figure out what I what kind of life I want when all my children leave.I only have two left.S18 will be gone before I know it.D13 still has time.But she wants less and less of me right now.All her friends are important to her right now.As it should be.I find myself at loose ends more and more.

Well off to get a shower.I'm tired and going to bed early.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: pat44 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/21/08 12:51 AM
Hey Briget:

Quote:
So any ideas how to stop being one of the guys.I hear this enough from my female friends to know there has to be a grain of truth to it.

I have no idea!

I just got back from a 4 day conference with roughly 4000-5000 people - 99% of them men. Most of them successful and many of them attractive - I think... Alcohol was flowing freely - men everywhere. I am sure some of them were single.

I have no idea how to flirt. I talked and talked to people. I didn't dress as a man at the conference. Men seem to be a little afraid of me as well...

And when I returned - I realized that I viewed all these men as asexual people. I am wondering what it will take for me to be interested in someone as a a member of the opposite sex.

Yet - I too am feeling a little lonely these days... What a quandry. Let me know if you figure this one out!

take care,
AG
Posted By: FiatLux Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/21/08 02:52 AM
Quote:

I need to figure out what I what kind of life I want when all my children leave.

This is my GF's train of thought, too. My beef with it is, what about now? Does that mean no living until several years from now? I know that life is busy with kids, work, etc..., but what about all the learning about yourself for your future that you could be accomplishing in those years?

In terms of dating, my suggestion is to just be yourself, Brig. Stay genuine and you'll draw the right one.

Take care,

FL
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/23/08 01:22 AM
Hi FL.

Originally Posted By: FiatLux
Quote:

I need to figure out what I what kind of life I want when all my children leave.

This is my GF's train of thought, too. My beef with it is, what about now? Does that mean no living until several years from now? I know that life is busy with kids, work, etc..., but what about all the learning about yourself for your future that you could be accomplishing in those years?

Hi FL,

Right now I'm living the life I want at this moment.But life is ever changing and there will come a time when I won't have the kids here all the time.So what will I do with that free time.

Travel? Maybe.Most likely.I love the idea of traveling.I even like to travel alone.

Maybe finally turn to pro pool.Sounds nice.As you may have figured out I'm a really good pool player and I really love the game.

I live a wonderful life right now.Well right now I have a bit of drama.And I thrive on drama.

Hi everyone.

A lot has happened in the last few days.I was going to post it before but I saw a bit of drama on the board and just waited til it ended.I wanted to post it when everyone was more focused on calm.

My D21 moved back in this week.She is pregnant and has left her husband.He was threatening her and that was just not good for her.

Now he is sending her text messages saying over and over abortion abortion.He just keeps texting her this same thing over and over.And everyonce and a while he will text her saying I hope you don't die in a firey car crash when your driving to your boyfriend.She doesn't have a boyfriend.He husband is very jealous.I'm a bit scared for her.I have a few friends lined up to send her to that he can't find her.

She has brought 3 kittens and a dog with her.I love kittens.However I am having an allergic reaction to them and can hardly breath out of my nose and I'm sneezing a lot.Not fun! But I don't want her to go back to him so I'm not complaining.She is sleeping on the couch and my son has taken to the floor.

I'm tired.She doesn't have a job.And nothing lined up.Her H says he is going to take the baby away from her.He has money.I'm not really worried about that.I'm sure his behavior will make that a nonissue.

One of the kittys got into some pink paint and he is covered in it.We have tried everything to get him clean.Nothing worked.That has to wear off.Poor thing.

I'm tired and don't really have much time.I have to work in the morning and should go to bed.But I know I won't be able to sleep.

I sure am glad I can come to this board and have a sounding board.I need ideas as to what to do for D21.I know just being there for her is the most important.But with my finances the way they are I'm in no postion to help her with money.

I hate this.But what else can I do.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/23/08 04:40 AM
Wow Brig
I am so sorry, your poor daughter, she does not need this especially when she is pregnant! how is she handling it all??

Have you been to the police, this is beyond harrassment its a def threat! Does she still have the TMs? Brig I would be getting the police involved, whether he is "just" trying to scare her or not thats not funny.

What a dumbAzz anyway, how did she get pregnant, magic fairy dust? what a lousebag!

I hope you guys get some protection, this needs to stop!

I hope you feel better w/ your allergies, I can relate I am allergic to other peoples cats! they have something at pet stores its a lotion you put on the cats, it helps control the dander, that may help

Stay in touch!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/24/08 06:39 PM
Hi Karen,

The police know all about it.We called and had an officer come out and talk to us.Basically if he is just threatening they can't do anything.But if he shows up here they can arrest him.

They said she should get a restrainging order.But she didn't.
We haven't seen him.

So here is my problem.She is a real slob.She has brought these cats to my little apartment.They won't use the litter box.I'm going around cleaning up after them.And I'm allergic.Not to mention I'm OCD so I'm having a hard time with germs right now.I'm in a state of panic a good portion of the time.I can't handle this kind of stuff.

I have to get rid of these cats but I'm afraid if I tell her to get rid of them she will go back to the ex.She is so confused right now.And very attached to these kittens.

How do I tell her without getting her more upset.I feel like I"m going to have to be harsh with her to get her to pull it together.She needs to get it together.She has a baby on the way.She doesn't have much time.7 months is not that long.

What do I do?

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/26/08 12:43 PM
Briget,
No way around it, you "have" to find homes for the animals. The situation is stressful enough without having to feel sick and clean up the animal's messes. Also, isn't there a woman's shelter near by that can help your D? If she's being threatened, they can take her in. Also, in time, they'll help her find a job, home, health care, etc.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/28/08 03:02 AM
Hi all,

Well things are going good here in my little world.D21 hasn't heard a thing from her H since yesterday.I'm sure that won't last.But for now it's quiet.

She is taking the kitty's to my sisters in the morning.Sister lives out in the country and won't notice a few more animals.LOL I'm a city girl and can't stand this.LOL

I had a few friends over for dinner.I made roasted chicken ,fresh green beans,brown rice and a salad.Dinner was awesome.We had a bit to much wine.I'm sure my nose is red.But we had fun.

Life is so wonderful.I never would have thought that I would be this happy again.All those years ago when the ex left I thought that was the end.Who knew!!

I have never been happier than I am right at this moment.The days were long but the years were short.I'm past the pain.Well most of the ways.LOL

Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/30/08 01:25 AM
Hi all,

Got drama in my life again.Not my D21 things are better there.She is taking the kitties away tonight.

My best friend and her bf broke up again.They are just not a good match.He is a nut.He has been calling my phone at all hours of the night trying to find out where she is.Like I flippin know where she is a three in the morning.I would think her bed.But since she isn't answering her phone he tries me.I have not answered my phone.So now he is calling D21 to see if she knows.

I called him today and warned him off.He damn well better not call tonight.If he does I'm not going to be happy.I need my sleep and I'm getting cranky.

Speaking of cranky I have decided to cut the drinking out.I have been doing to much of it and I'm kinda worried I may become addicted if I don't stop.I noticed I drink when I have a panic attack and that is not a good way to deal with that.So I'm off to the Dr. next week to see if he can give me something for the panic attacks.I have been having them more often than usual.

That and I really don't need to drink so much.Social is ok.But a glass every night is not good.

I'm haven't beed sleeping well for about a month.I have so much stress in my life.I need to take a break from it all.But right now I can't find the time,money or energy.I need some self care.

Well off to bed.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 05/30/08 09:32 PM
Hi all,

So I'm watching the news.I just saw an awesome story.There is this lawn company that is giving away free lawn care to single moms.When someone signs a contract they give free lawn care to a single mom.

Where was this man when I owned a house.Good lookin man to.But he had a ring on his finger.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/01/08 11:09 PM
Hi all,

I saw something today that made me just plain glad I don't have a man in my life right now.

I was at work on break.Eating my double hamburger that I said I would not get when this couple came in.The wife was wearing a pair of white short.They were not short at all.I would wear them to a church picnic.Well when they came in someone looked at her.Not in a sexual kind of way.But the husband turned to her and told her to go to the car and get the pair of pants that he put in the car for her.

She told him she didn't want to wear the pants.He give her this look that ran chills down my spine and said I didn't ask you what you wanted.Do what I told you.

And she did!!! I just wanted to tell her not to do it.But of course I couldn't.That would have caused her more trouble.

Now that I'm older I would never put up with that.I would have compomised.I would have went into the bathroom and took off the shorts.I just wouldn't put the pants on.Yup I would have come out in my undies.

I felt so bad for the lady.I hope she one day learns her worth and never lets a man treat her like that again.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/02/08 03:15 AM
WOW!!! That kind of stuff really pisses me off!!!

I don't know how you were able to restrain yourself from telling him what a jerk he was. Kudos to you, Briget!!! And, you're right, saying anything would've just made it worse for her.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/03/08 03:26 PM
Hi all,

Well as you all know my D21 who is pregnant had left her husband because of abuse.Well she had gone back to him on thursday.She believed him when he said it wouldn't happen again.That he gets it blah blah blah.I didn't want her to go.But she said she didn't want to give up with out trying.Words that have come out of my mouth.She said she didn't want to feel like a failure.So I didn't push the issue.This is something that she needs to do on her own.

I had tried to call her a couple of times this weekend,but no answer.I was worried and it turns out I was right.He beat the hell out of her.She is bruised and at the Dr.s right now.She didn't want me to go with her to the dr becsuse if he comes to the house someone needs to be here.After going to the dr she is going to get a injuntion.Turns out in Florida hitting a pregnant woman is a felony.Once in injuntion is in place and he has been served he has to get rid of all 300 of his guns.

D21 will be in hiding as this will make him very angry.

I'm so angry and controling my anger and keeping a level head is very hard right now.I just wish I could go beat the hell out of him.

I have to keep a eye on her brothers right now.They want to take care of this themselves.But have agreed to let the police do their jobs.

Pleas pray that my D stay away from him this time.He could have killed her.

I didn't raise her to put up with this and I'm having a hard time understanding this.This is a girl who never put up with this when she was dating a man.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/03/08 05:02 PM
Oh Brig, I am so sorry !!
You must be livid!!
What kind of animal beats a woman,let alone a pregnant woman, but then I hear thats a prime time that abusers do their abusing.
I am so glad she is ok, and her pregnancy is ok too?

So he will be doing jail time?
Was he always like this? I do hope hope your D finally sees him for what he is and the problems he has.
I have a friend who put up w/this for many many years, the last time her life was very much in the balance, thankfully she ended it,,, but because of the 2 kids, after 2 yrs she is back, He has been to C and has stopped drinking and so far a year and doing good, but what a journey!

Please keep us informed Brig, and take care of yourself this must put a strain on you
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/03/08 06:23 PM
Not sure if they will give him jail for this one since there were no witnesses.However she has enough for an injunction.

Hitting a pregnant woman is a felony.Also he wouldn't let her leave for two days so we are looking at other charges to see if we can get him for that.

I want his ass in jail.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 07:49 PM
Hi all,

My D21 went and got the Tro against her H.I'm glad of that.Now when he gets it he has to turn over all 300 of his guns.I'm wondering where they will put them.

I'm feeling better about this now that she has done this.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: BethM Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 07:57 PM
OMG Brig.........

I don't know how but I missed this. It's bad enough when a man beats on a woman, but jeez, she's preggers. How does her H have 300 guns or are you just meaning a LOT? That's so scary. Will she stay with you until she figures things out?

Well the good thing is that if she's under your roof then you know that she's safe and so is that baby!

Love,
bethie
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 08:01 PM
Yes he has 300 guns.he even has one from nazi germany.He is a collector.

Wanna know how stupid this man is.He taught my D21 how to shoot.Now that is stupid.Beat a woman and teach her how to shoot.Good thing my D decided to just leave.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: BethM Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 08:05 PM
Well if he can afford to collect expensive guns he will be able to afford child support. That's good news right?

Hey Brig, if he is angry enough to hit another person, let alone the Mother of his child, I'd be more of afraid of him having access to 300 guns then I would her.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 08:08 PM
Well now that she has the tro he has to turn themin til the judge lift the tro.It is for at least 6 month.
Posted By: BethM Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 08:13 PM
Is she afraid that he'll come after her?
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 08:21 PM
Yes.We have her in hiding right now.He has no idea where she is.I have some awesome friends and they have put her up until she is safe.

No one could find her.She is driving a rental car that is in someone elses name.We did the whole driving her around and switching cars every few miles.

I really think she is safe.I even have D13 hidden.I'm at home but I refuse to leave.I don't think he will come after me.I had my alarm turned on in my apartment.I didn't do that before because I didn't need it.

I'm armed and will use it if I have to.But I don't think I will need it.He is kind of scared of my sons and my S18 is here with a few of my nephews.

We thought this out and had a plan in place cause we knew he would do this and my family got ready for it.
Posted By: BethM Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 08:38 PM
Ok so Brig,

What this says is that you are afraid of what he might do or you wouldn't be going to such great lengths. You don't think that she would fall for his "I'm sorry and it will never happen again" crap do you? You just hear of so many women wanting it to be as it should and going back hoping for that. People just don't change, at least not on a dime.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 08:45 PM
She has already fell for that to many times.Now that he has beat her while she is pregnant she is set on divorce.I'm glad of that.She is willing to do for her baby what she wouldn't do for herself.Protecting the baby is first in her mind.I'm glad of that.Had me scared for a while there.But finally she got her head out of the sand.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 10:53 PM
Oh, Briget, I'm so sorry this is happening to your family.

Check your area and see if there is a Safe House for battered women. If something happens that she can't stay where she's currently hiding, it may be an alternative.

Please be safe.
Posted By: FiatLux Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 11:41 PM
Hey Briget,

That's a really scary position for your daughter. How about calling Hubbard House? They have legal services, housing, even transitional housing and employment services for women in her sitch. In addition, it is an amazingly secure and unadvertised location. If she's in another county, they'd know of sister shelters that offer. similar services.

Take care,

FL
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/04/08 11:51 PM
Thank you FL,

I have the number to Hubbard House.We will look into it if we feel she needs it.But right now I have so many places to hide her.He has only been to my house and one of my sisters.

He can't find her.However the legal services is something I will look into.She just may need that.I'm kind struggling right now and this does not help.

Geesh just when I thought things in my life was getting calm.I guess I shouldn't have gone around telling everyone how I havethis wonderful drama free life.LOL

Thank you for the info on hubbard house.I should have known they would provide more than a hiding place.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/05/08 03:11 AM
So my family is all somewhere else.S18 will be home from work in a few hours.I was going to go shoot a pool tournament.But wasn't up to it.Instead I opted to stay home and have a beer and eat a bowl of homemade cake icing.LOL

In my defence I rarely have sweets and damn it was good.Strange combo bud light and chocolate icing.LOL

I'm gonna have a tummy ache.But it was worth it.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/12/08 09:26 PM
Hi all,

I'm on page two.Darn it I have a life.And right now it is pretty hard.

My D21 is still here.Thank God.She had court today.But her H lawyer couldn't make it so it was set for two weeks from now.She can't afford a lawyer of her own so I have to come up with something in two weeks.I will find a way.But damn this sucks.

I hate that she is going through this.But that man must go!!! He is plain no good.

Not much going on.I'm still working at the same ol place.Doing the same ol thing.

I'm tired and going to take a nap.just wanted to bump my thread.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 01:55 AM
Briget,

I'm sorry things are going rough.... hang in there!

The board is fraught with drama the last couple days that's probably why the response time is slow to no..... ugh!!!! hate drama.

I'm sure you've prob. looked into it but just in case have you looked into lawyers who take pro-bono cases.... with her circumstances surely there'd be some help out there for her.

Be strong lady... this too shall pass. And keep us posted... we're praying for you and your daughter.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 02:07 AM
Hi LNF,

Yeah I have seen the drama and had decided to not post.But I'm online and well I just couldn't stay away.

It is a shame that the drama is making it hard for those of us who could really use a friend right now don't feel like they can come here and get the support they need.

I'm hanging in there.Not much else I can do.I'm just plain tired of worrying all the time.

I have to say this is harder than my divorce.Watching my child hurt like this is by far the worst thing I have ever gone through.

I will be looking into pro bono lawyers.Just where you find them I'm not sure.I'm sure you just don't find them in the yellow pages.

I'm praying I can find the help she needs.I sure could use some prayers from those who pray.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 02:11 AM
I will say some prayers for you and you daughter. She is lucky to have you. Keep the faith
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 02:13 AM
Try getting in touch with one of the shelters for battered women... I'm sure they have a list of lawyers who take on these cases.

So how far along in the pregnancy is your D?
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 02:19 AM
She is due Christmas.

I will look into the shelters.I had that as one place to call.

I'm heading to bed.I have to be up way to early.I have to clock in by six in the morning.Yuck!!

Thank you for your prayers.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 02:30 AM
I am sorry for your kid's pain. I agree that is tougher than your own pain. You can suck your own pain up. Best wishes.

As a father I'm lucky so far but sitting on the easy chair discussing how I love to abuse abusers up close and personal while cleaning my weapons has a chilling effect.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 06:55 PM
Oh Brig
I'm sorry, its so hard, it IS harder watching our children hurt then even when we were, I know that!

everything will be ok, its a bump right now, but it will be fine.
once that baby comes and you post to us about it, I bet this will be water under the bridge, You will be sooooo in love w/ that little bundle of joy!

Is baby actually due Christmas day? My nephew was born on Christmas, and he really is something else! lol

We are here for you Brig!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/13/08 10:27 PM
Thank you swimmer,

Don't think for a minute that I didn't have those thoughts.I would love to give him a taste of his own.LOL I did have to talk her brothers out of going over there and beating the hell out of him.But I raised some good boys and they listen to their momma.

I raised them in Mississippi and they have a few good ol boy ways.And they know where the alligators hide.Had to put a stop to that.Good thing they listen to reason.

Hi Karen,

Yup I'm gonna have a christmas baby.She is due christmas day.Guess what that girl wants to do.Have her baby in a bathtub!!I'm not sure I could have done that.And I had five kids.I did it natural.but I loved the idea of having the pain killers there in case I changed my mind.

Well I'm off to get ready for my night out.I'm going to go dancing.Well if you can call what I do dancing.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/17/08 03:59 PM
Hi all,

Guess what? D21 has finally got a job.She is going to be a waitress at the local waffle house.Ok for a start.She is going to go back to school.This job will be flexable enough to let her go to school and earn a paycheck.

She will have health insurance.20 bucks a week.Not to bad.I'm sure the insurance is not the greatest.But right now she has none.

Life is starting to seem a little less worriesome now.I was beginning to worry since she didn't look like she was making much effort in looking for a job.And she needed to find one before she starts showing.Right now she is just starting to show.but only to those who know what she looked like before.

I have today off and plan to rest since I have what may be the plague.Ok a cold.But I feel crummy.It's a soup and hot tea day for me.All those sleepless night worring about my kids is getting to me.I'm going to bed early tonight.

All I need to do today is a bit of laundry.Gonna get the kids (LOL I'm calling them kids and they are grown)to clean the livingroom.It looks like a truck ran through it.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/17/08 04:30 PM
And someone just came over and gave her a crib.It's sitting in my livingroom right now.I'm running out of room in my little apartment.I'm going to have to rent one of those little storage rooms.LOL
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 12:27 AM
Hi all,

I hate being sick.This is the only time I feel lonely.I miss having someone to just take care of me.

I hate being sick.I'm not good at it.My whole body hurts.I can't breath.I hate this.

Boo hoo.I sure am whiny aren't I.My kids are kind of sick of me to.LOL they all went scattering to the wind.I'm in the house by myself.Hee Hee.The next time I need some time to myself I think I will remember that.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 01:53 AM
Hope you feel better soon, Bridget.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:04 AM
I'll feel better just as soon as I get to the pearly gates.

Thank you Trip.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:05 AM
Well, that had better be a lot later!!!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:08 AM
I put a shot of Jack in my hot tea.I'm still not feeling better.

by the way jack in hot tea is very gross.
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:10 AM
Jack in anything sounds gross. Sorry not a fan.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:11 AM
Me either.My friend Sandy left it here.I should have just had some motrin.
Posted By: BethM Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:15 AM
Hey Brig,

get a good nights sleep and hopefully you'll feel better in the morning.
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:16 AM
sorry you are ill. A shot of brandy might work. Glad your daughter has a job!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:23 AM
I'm thinking no more shots of anything for me.I slept all day and feel restless.Yet I don't have the energy to do anything but lay around.

I'm sure I will feel better tomorrow. I already called out for tomorrow.I plan on another soup and hot tea day.I do not do sick well.My boys taught me how to whine like a baby and now I even annoy myself.LOL
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:25 AM
Yeah, it's good to be babied(that looks wrong) so I'd be whining too!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:26 AM
LOL that did look wrong.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:26 AM
I want my mommy
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:27 AM
I dont do sick well either. Hope you feel better tomorrow!
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:27 AM
When I am ill I just want to be served. Then again, I just loved being served! LOL
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:29 AM
Served? Whats that like? I think I need a wife.Can I get one of those in a male version?
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:30 AM
I don't know really. I need a wife ,too!
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:33 AM
I'm a commitment phobe so I'm thinking I'm not getting a wife any time soon.LOL
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:34 AM
Well, you could be like a lot of men and just use your wife.
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 02:35 AM
LOL
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 06:16 PM
How are you feeling today, Briget?
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 07:23 PM
I'm feeling a bit better.My head isn't hurting today.But I somehow hurt my lower back coughing.I'm not fond of this getting old thing.

But I'm sure I will be back to myself in a few days.I wanted to shoot in a pool tournament tonight.I don't think I could do that.Darn it!! It is a double payout and that always brings out the good players.I love playing the good players.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 07:44 PM
Cool. I like to play for fun and am not good at it so you wouldn't want to play against me. Too bad, you will miss it but your health is more important. Blame the Jack on your back.
Hee, I just made a rhyme(sp?).
Posted By: Briget Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 07:49 PM
There is a country song in that rhyme.LOL
Posted By: Trip Re: I'm still sailing!!!! - 06/18/08 11:07 PM
Or close if you count that Paul Simon song.

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

Slip out the back Jack!
© DivorceBusting.com