All things work together for good...7
All things work together for good...8
All things work together for good...9
All things ...10 - One year anniv. D Final
All things ...11 - PEACE WITH MR. X!
All things work together for good...12

Summary:
M 16.5
S 14, D 16 (live with mom); SS 25 (lives with me)

11/05 - X files D \:\(
7/06 - X moved out with kids (I offered X the house but she declined so I bought her out. Immediately OM is in the picture continuously at her new place)
10/17/06 - D final
5/07 - X Marries OM \:o
11/07 - Arrange face to face with Mr. X to forgive him.

The marriage was rocky for over 10 years. X had an affair with a different OM around 98/99. We separated for 6 months from 6/99 to 12/99 (I moved because of her hysterics and volatility) but got back together. After X moved this time, I attempted to "stand" for the marriage but since coming back to the board in 8/06, I slowly moved from vigorously standing, to remaining open to reconciliation to deciding that I would not reconcile. X getting married closed the door on reconciliation for good.

X and I have been Christians since before we started dating, X has asserted that God has given her permission to D and has paved her way to be with OM who is not a Christian (uh, yeah, that sounds like a message straight from the throne of God).

My title comes from the Bible verse:

Quote:
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I own my part in the demise of marriage but I believe my X had no grounds for marriage according to our professed faith and the teachings we held from the Bible. Yet, I still maintain that God will use this situation to work for His greater good.

Getting A Life
The transition from being devastated at the realization that OM was not "Just a friend," to "Standing for the marriage" to "Getting A Life" and finally deciding I would not take X back has been an extremely challenging journey but God has provided the people, resources total support that I have needed including the people in this forum. My life has become increasingly full, an amazing adventure with blessing after blessing after blessing.

THANK YOU!
A huge "thank you" goes out to Michele for making this forum available for us DBers who tried and yet still wound up in this forum. An equally huge "thank you" goes out to the people in this forum who lend an ear, offer sage advice or a shoulder (or thread) to cry on. There have been plenty of very challenging times I have had to go through to this point and this forum and the people in it have helped immeasurably in bringing healing.
So here is how my last thread ended:

Lost-n-found writes:
Quote:
Hey C2, how about bringing back some leis.... I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say ... haven't been 'leid' in quite awhile!!!

I'm blaming Bethie.... she's a really bad influence! \:D

All this smutty talk as a response to my announcing I am going on a missions trip to Hawaii. Boy the company I keep, LOL!!! 16 days and counting.

Before starting this thread, I looked back to what I was going through last year and noticed that exactly one year ago, I found out my X was getting married in less than two weeks. The months of April and May of 2007 were challenging for a number of different reasons but it was helpful to look back at where I am now compared to where I was then.

My life has continued to get richer and richer in my experiences serving God. I have experienced even more healing in the area of forgiveness and resentment towards X and Mr. X. I have also dabbled in exploring two potential relationships after waiting until 2007 had passed.

And now, I have another adventure waiting for me. Indeed I am a blessed man!
C2,

I was feeling pretty bad about that tawdry post... and I went back to apologize for it.... only to find it locked. Well here it is again. I really am sorry, I know you were talking about the mission trip and I had to go an defile it like that!

Some people just have a serious lack of class huh? I'll try to do better and keep those classless posts where they belong.

I'm sure you will be blessed on this trip and look forward to hearing all about it.
LNF,

"Tawdry is as tawdry does" I'm blaming it on the bad influences around ya (But I am not mentioning any names, those with a guilty conscience will surface soon enough! )

You're first to post (can't count my own post as the first one, that would be cheating) so what will it be, a "Shirley Temple?"
Thanks C2.... you're such a nice guy!

Yep- better make it a Shirley Temple, I've never had one but I'm guessing that is one drink that'd keep me out of trouble!
Shirley Temple it is! (We'll live a little dangerously and put int two cherrys ;\) )
HAHAHAHA!!!

Dang C2... I'm already on the verge of corruption... don't push me over the edge. \:D

Quote:
Lost-n-found writes:
[quote] Hey C2, how about bringing back some leis.... I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say ... haven't been 'leid' in quite awhile!!!

I'm blaming Bethie.... she's a really bad influence! \:D

And just so you can see it again...............

Gosh LNF I don't want you to start drinking Shirley Temple's your funnier after you've had the hard stuff! Well funnier as long as you're not blaming or making fun of me!

C2,

I can hear in what you write just how excited you are, I would be as well. You get to go to paradise and do what you love. How much more Blessed can 1 person be?

Your faith is remarkable and inspiring and we love you for it!

LNF wants to get leid!
Ahhhhhh, Bethie, what would I do without you. <sigh>
Man I have been so busy this week
and tired and grouchy lol
did i miss some Hawaii news???? are you going C2??
ok tomorrow I must catch up!!!

so if you are going, can I go with ya?? \:\)
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
My life has continued to get richer and richer in my experiences serving God. I have experienced even more healing in the area of forgiveness and resentment towards X and Mr. X.

thanks for this hope C2H \:\)
Quote:
I can hear in what you write just how excited you are, I would be as well. You get to go to paradise and do what you love. How much more Blessed can 1 person be?

Bethie, EVERY missions trip I have been on, if only for a weekend or for 9 or 10 days, has been very meaningful to me so yes, I am excited and am extremely blessed.

Hawaii Missions trip (5/9 -5/18)
For Karen and those who missed it on the prior thread just before it closed:

Quote:
Missions trip - Hawaii???
Huh? Yeah, gonna suffer for my Lord in Hawaii for 9 days starting the second week of May unless my plans change. My other trips have been uncomfortable but worth it (one trip we traveled by van for 14 hours through Mexico and another trip we worked construction through Romania's worst heat wave in decades). This trip is to assist with outreaches a pastor does for the homeless on the big island. The cost of living is high and many people live in shelters and on the beaches. A team went from our church in the winter but I could not go but believe the Lord is directing me to go on this trip. Whenever I go on a trip, I come back deeply affected and so appreciative of what I have and I anticipate this trip will be no different.

I also anticipate challenges between now and then because I have put the bull's-eye target on my back. I have stood up and said, "here I am Lord, send me" and when that happens, the spiritual warfare battle is on. Stay tuned...

As predicted, as soon as I committed to go, X started giving me flak about other stuff (she is not even aware I am going yet, will tell her after the weekend). I expect other oposition to come at me from totally unexpected directions but my God is pretty good at delivering me just in time.

Hey Cat, thanks for stopping by. In the midst of the storm it is sometimes hard to have that hope but it really does get better. Of course, you don't have to take my word for it, take His:

Quote:

Psalm 138:1-8

A Psalm of David. I will praise You with my whole heart; Before the gods I will sing praises to You. I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name. In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul. All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O Lord, When they hear the words of Your mouth. Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord, For great is the glory of the Lord. Though the Lord is on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. \:\)

Hi C2
It sounds wonderful! In many ways, I remember you went to a mission trip in Mexico?? no?

Hopefully your ex will let you be!
Not sure why she is so very concerned w/ your activities in the church, who knows what goes through our exs minds.

Do you have a busy weekend planned?
Its going to be warm again. Beach maybe??
I'll be in the desert, not sure about that!! not a desert rat but gotta do it for my sweetheart \:\)

Have a good one C2
you go on missions trips??? oh! those are my dream trips! one day I hope to do that, love love to travel and do stuff for others, how wonderful C2H!

Thanks for posting that wonderful psalm \:\)

Why would X give you grief about anything if she's married again? not meaning to be nosey, but I'd expect at this point all financial issues would have been decided by now.
Karen,

Since X abandoned ship 7/06, I have taken four weekend trips to the church's facility in Rosarito Mexico (2 with my son), one 9 day trip to baja Mexico, one 9 day trip to Romania. My tour of Israel in March '07 was the trip she never wanted to go on, her loss but I know she was jealous of that too.

She has gotten better at keeping her comments to herself but ultimately, if things are not done her way (whether it be work, family or other people) she complains. Her way or the highway.

This is my weekend for the kids so we'll hang out, hopefully I'll take them to see their grandparents who are local.

Glad you are doing something your sweetie enjoys, it makes a guy happy when his honey will sacrifice to do something he enjoys. Treat him well, you have a keeper \:\)
Cat,

Yep, all the financial stuff is done. I pay my child support, support the kids in other ways and pay my share of private (christian) school tuition so it is not a financial issue. It is a control issue.

Missions trips
Pray and one day, you never know...
I got started on them with one weekend trip. My first trip humbled me and showed me how fortunate we are to live in this country. That led to a 9 day trip that came up a few weeks thereafter- a last minute spot came up. I even asked God to give me the money if he really wanted me to go. Within a day my X called me telling me to meet her at a car dealer to sign off on the pink slip to her car (we were still married but she had already moved out). I agreed but then called her back offering to sell the car for her and split the difference between what the dealer was giving her and what I might sell it for- she agreed. I sold the car with in a couple of days, gave her her money she was originally going to get and we split the difference, enough to pay for my first missions trip. GOD IS SO GOOD!

(Side note, when I did the DMV work a few year before on the car we sold, I KNOW I requeseted the DMV make out the Pink Slip so that either one of us could sell the car. My thinking has always been if one of us passed away, it would be one less headache to worry about. EVEN in the DMV paperwork, on a transaction years earlier, God was providing an answer to prayer, years later. NOTHING happens that God is not aware of.)

Since then, each trip has been a TOTAL blessing and causes me to come back even more committed to the local work that can be done for others less fortunate and to simply follow the command to "Love Your neighbor as Yourself" (which includes our X's and even their new spouses \:o )
Quote:
(which includes our X's and even their new spouses

Does it have to ?? ohhh ok \:\)
that's awesome C2H, God answers all our prayers, in some way or another \:\)

Maybe, when my youngest graduates I'll be able to go for extended trips, I truly would love to do that, hope it works out.
Cat,

Maybe even sooner if the Lord has that in His plans for you. The one thing that has been reinforced through my trips is the amazing power of prayer, missionaries learn this lesson quickly. Even now, you can pray and ask the Lord where He would have you to go. Once He puts some places in your heart, you can connect with missionaries affiliated with your church or denomination in those areas via mail or email if they are connected (even in somewhat remote areas, internet cafes pop up and missionaries stay connected to home via the internet and email because it is quicker than mail and cheaper than international calling). Once connected, you can become a prayer partner for their needs.

When God plants a desire in our heart and we are obedient to that desire, for example becoming a prayer warrior for certain missionaries and their specific needs, I am NEVER amazed at what door God will open for His obedient child. Test Him and see what happens. \:\)
you are right, if it is God's will I hope to go somewhere on a mission, anywhere.

And here you go! your fruit basket...sort of, he he
[img]http://www.geocities.com/mucamaker/fruit.jpg[/img]
Send another basket, that one is too cool to eat! What a great pic to get the water in the shot.

As for your future trip(?), give it over to Him and start praying about connecting to some missionaries, they will absolutely cherish and covet your consistent prayer for them.

I went to Romania last winter and hope to go again one day but if I never do, I am very connected to the minsistry and am on their prayer team. I get email updates, pray for their specific needs, see pics and video from time to time. Before I had gone, I was not connected to them but nothing would have prevented me to getting connected before I did go.

Even as I write this to you now, I feel directed to connect to the Hawaiian pastor to get to know him a little bit before I get there. \:\)
Cat, posted the following on your thread but felt that it was more appropriate to post here instead:

Lies from the pit of hell vs. God's Grace
Glad you sent those thoughts packing. The church I attend is affilitated with a network of churches and many of the pastors are on radio with their teachings (There are NO pleas for money). There is a daily call in show where people call in from around the country to ask bible questions. One caller called in sharing that she loved God but often felt like she disappoints God constantly, that she felt depressed and sad about it. One of the pastors responded by sharing that over 90% of the people who see him for counseling express feelings of condemnation or that they are disappointing God. Well, "yeah," we sin every day. His point was that these negative thoughts and accusations come from the enemy, and they are lies from the pit of hell! He further shared that we really need to understand God's Grace, and His love and forgiveness.

Afterwards, he also referenced a book the founding pastor wrote a book, Why Grace Changes Everything as a good resource for understanding God's view on grace.

In Romans we learn quite a bit about God's grace and that we are never to presume upon it or take it for granted but to lean upon it when we are accused by the great deceiver, the great liar. I haven't read the book so I just ordered a used hard copy from amazon online for $1 (plus shipping). The founding pastor's books are always drenched in scripture (and worth full retail but I am also a wise steward \:\) ) so I am looking forward to growing in this area of knowledge and I owe it to you because of the thoughts you have been posting about your book.

So, I owe you a big "thank you" and am sending you back a cyber basket of chips and dip (remember, I am a bachelor, I do things differently)
I believe in feeding our brain good stuff CH2, you know what they say about an idle mind. I'm glad you got yourself a good book (amazon is where I get most of my books too \:\) )

When the devils isnt' throwing physical hurdles (lack of working toilets/water leaks, et ect) he is busy making us worry, thus making us doubt what God is able to do for us. For a few moments yesterday when nothing was working at home, I was about to play martyr and burst out crying, but the impulse was weak and I despised it quickly. Am I going to cry because I dont' have the luxury of hot water? then how the heck those refugees women of Sudan who are violated should feel? how dare I take the "poor me" attitude about something so silly?

Hope you enjoy your book, and BOY do I love your basket of chips!! oh baby, I see all the kinds I like, salt & vinegar flavored, Pringles... you know how to treat a lady \:\)
Quote:
Hope you enjoy your book, and BOY do I love your basket of chips!! oh baby, I see all the kinds I like, salt & vinegar flavored, Pringles... you know how to treat a lady

Yes ma'am. Now I just gotta wait for the Lord to send one my way that knows how to treat a man! \:\)

Heard a great message today about the benefits of being single. I HATE not havin my kids with me more often but I do use the alone time to serve God as often as I can. This is also part of the reason I am able to go on the missions trips so maybe some of X's resentmet comes from my freedom.

Hey, if you are up for it and want to join in prayer for this trip I am going on, here is the info on the event:
Jesus Loves You North Shore

Here are the specific Prayer Needs.

Now look at you, if you feel led to join in prayer, this is almost like your first missions trip \:\) Ask and you shall receive.
Quickie post:

Church Friend conversation
Friday I attended our weekly prayer meeting for missions, this one focused on the upcoming Hawaii trip. One of the team members is "Church Friend", the woman I started to "court" in December but then she decided to back off. I maintain it was a great experience and we handled it well, even the decision not to move forward left both of us feeling very comfortable with our resulting friendship.

Yesterday I found out via email that the door opened for her to go on this Hawaii trip and I was very happy for her because she went on the first trip and she was tremendously blessed by that experience. In a follow up email she sent about the trip, she mentioned she wanted to talk to me after the prayer meeting so we connected afterwards to have a private conversation.

She told me she was at a sunday evening bible study that I missed and the topic of dating came up because of something in the scripture they were reading that night. In reference to "dating" the bible study leader encouraged the men to reach out to the women over coffee to see if the Lord opening up the door for a relationship. He encouraged the ladies to appreciate such efforts and receive them graciously. Because of this message, my church friend wanted to take the time to personally say, "Thank You" to me and so she did. \:\)

I told her I appreciated her taking the time to share this with me. I was going to share some positive things I took away from our experience but some mutual friends came around and didn't leave. We are going on this trip together so we'll have time to talk and build our friendship some more but it felt really good to know that the respect I showed her was appreciated.
I WANNA GO TOO!!! How bout if I work part time and then laze around on the beach and drink mai-tais part time too???
Do I get points for "sorta" helping???

C2, I hope you have a wonderful and blessed time.
Get in line, Jill. I wanna go. I wanna go.

C2H: I haven't read your whole thread but I am very happy for you to have this special trip planned. Seems like something might just turn around with this ladyfriend. I mean - how can it not with all the stars aligned in Hawaii???? LOL

I love Hawaii. Maui is my fav. I have been 3 times but only when I was married. I am HOPING that Josh and I can spend a week there enroute or on the way home from our next cruise. He has never been beyond the Honolulu airport and that's no way to see that wonderful state.

So - when do you go? Are you excited?

Wishing you all the best always!

ALOHA!!!

Barb
Jill,

Do you get points for "sorta" helping? ummm, you "sorta" get points ;\) Yep, I know I will be blessed during this experience. I mentioned before that every time I go, I come back receiving more from the Lord than I give to the people we serve.

Hi Barb,

Thanks for stopping by. I leave on May 9th and return on the 18th. \:\( I have been to Kaui and Maui with my X and the kids so this trip to the big island will be different in that respect as well.

Quote:
Seems like something might just turn around with this ladyfriend. I mean - how can it not with all the stars aligned in Hawaii???? LOL

Barb, the funny thing is the thought crossed my mind. The people who tend to go on these trips are active in the church and tend to have a good reputation within the congregation. On the last Hawaii trip, two people came back and began a relationship. On the Romania trip I went on last October, two came back, got engaged and are getting married next week. Nothing improper happens on these trips for everyone is cautious to conduct themselves to avoid even a hint of inappropriate behavior but watching others serve God with all their heart demonstrates a very appealing quality and shows the condition of a person's heart.

More than anything else my desire will be to serve and let God do whatever He wants to do. If he wants to ignite a romantic interest, He knows I am receptive but that interest has to be subservient to my relationship with Him. Likewise I wouldn't want to be interested in a woman who would put me before the Lord.
My men's group brought up a topic that I wanted to take note of. It actually is an off shoot of the thread "How is your R with your X?" The deeper question is How is your X's R with You?

This morning the guys agreed that I have grown and distanced myself from X since last year. Then one of they guys pointed out that X hasn't grown. It was a WOW moment in that we all realized she still thinks that she can dictate my behavior. When she is not pleased about something, she expects that if she voices her displeasure, I should respond as if I were her husband. Consequently, she gets very frustrated when I don't react the way she wants OR if I ignore her all together. \:o

I had not really looked at her actions from that angle but when I did, it made a lot of sense to me. The old dance we did when we were married is a dance I no longer dance (it did take some time to stop reacting when the music played but I have learned). So, I now have a little more understanding that when she expects me to react the way she wants and that when it does not happen, she will be frustrated.

"Sorry babe, dance this dance by yourself. "

bwahaha, that's funny. Couldn't help but remember this scene: Smiley Sauce

Congrats on your upcoming trip! It sounds wonderful. Plan to be on the beach before sunrise for your daily prayer and meditation. I can still vividly remember riding a Harley through the mountains along the coast of Maui, watching the fog burn off as the sun came up.

You'll have an incredible time. Prayers sent for those you encounter and your safe return.

-db
Originally Posted By: Committed2Him

"Sorry babe, dance this dance by yourself. "

I find this very interesting. Yes, I think my X expects me to respond the way I did in the past. Ain't happening, bud!!! I really no longer care what he thinks, how he feels or what he does. As long as he's a good dad to our D, he takes up very little space in my head anymore. I never thought the day would come when I didn't think of him at least once a day. YIPPEE, it's here!!! Why don't we have dancing icons???
DB,

"No, no, you don't get to tell me, what to do... ever... again." <Spacey then professionlally hands the two bags of smiley sandwiches, curly fries and shakes to his cheating, adulterous wife> HILARIOUS!!!

That scene will now be stored in my memory bank for future rants my X will attempt to lob at me (and there will be more, especially after I tell her I am taking off in two weeks- none of her business except she will need to make arragments for after school pick up for my son and for my two Friday evenings I will not be with the kids). \:o

I was just reading the Streams Devotional before I logged on and as always, was appreciating your friendship. What a wonderful memory for you to be riding in "paradise" and to experience God's creation at such a tranquil time of the day.

Thanks for your prayers for they will also make you a partner with us in this work of God. \:\)

Jill,

You are so right! Dancing icons are needed!!!!! From DBing, we learned about changing the dance around, attempting to get new responses rather than falling into the same patterns. I don't know why it didn't really hit me that some of our X's expect the same dynamic or response from us as when we were married. Or, they expect us to do what they want even though they lost their PRIVELEDGE to "tell us what to do."

"Yes dear" was a part of my vocabulary to attempt to have any form of peace in my house (and it didn't work anyway) buy not no
more and I really am thankful for that.
Good Morning C2!

Are you quoting from new Mr EXwife? COOL!!!! So she's a biatch to him as well!! So ya think this means the honeymoon is over?

Don't you be dancing with Queerie. You said that you were saving the first dance for me!

Love,
Bethie
ok, back from my weekend break \:D

Of course I'd love to be part of your prayer group!!! I'm checking the links as I type, count me in.
As far as your lady friend, if this is the person for you, it will happen-- and she will be very lucky ;\)

Stbx still wants the benefits of me bending back & over to make his life easier with his "I dont' have a place to live, I have debt, you have to let xyz happen "... I used to do that, in my desperation to win back his love, to keep him happy with me (not that it ever worked). So I also have to learn the art to keep him in his place in a diplomatic way.
Quote:
Are you quoting from new Mr EXwife? COOL!!!! So she's a biatch to him as well!! So ya think this means the honeymoon is over?

LOL! Naw, anniversary is the day I get back from Hawaii, maybe then the fireworks

Bethie, dance with you first last and inbetween as long as you bring your travel pole. \:\)
Cat,

Thanks for joining in in prayer. Prayer is SOOOOO powerful and so needed for everything but especially these trips.

"Church Friend," the one?
Only God knows but she was definitely the "right one" with whom to first "explore a relationship." I posted about it in Dec and Jan and my experience with XGF (from 20 years ago) in March was a contrasting experience that confirms this belief. In both cases I know each lady, along with me, sought to keep the Lord at the forefront of our thoughts and actions. With Church Friend, there was so much peace and comfort and the decision to not go forward left us better friends. (For a number of reasons, I discerned it was not wise to continue contact with XGF but I think about her and love her as my sister in the Lord).

God's will versus my emotions
With both ladies, I got very excited at the thought of "maybe this is the one?" My emotions got worked up, I felt like a school kid. \:o Now, even as I go on this trip with Church Friend, I do not feel emotionally charged but look at her as a good friend whom God could draw me to and visa versa. Then again, it could be that we are always to be friends but with appropriate, respectful boundaries.

Slow and steady, pray and fast
These should be my guiding thoughts and actions when I think someone might be "the one."
Quote:
Stbx still wants the benefits of me bending back & over to make his life easier with his "I dont' have a place to live, I have debt, you have to let xyz happen "... I used to do that, in my desperation to win back his love, to keep him happy with me (not that it ever worked). So I also have to learn the art to keep him in his place in a diplomatic way.
Try the Spicy Sauce approach?

You know, I think many of us are guilty of trying to win over our X's and in the process, we fail to put up appropriate boundaries. I know I did it and it cost me plenty, including significant financial loss. Fortunately, I go to bed knowing that I made every effort to "save" the marriage with the knowledge I had at the time. There are things I would have done differently BUT God will use the decisions I made to continue to shape and mold me into what He wants me to be. That is, none of my decisions caught God by surprise and He will use those decisions to work out all things together for my good. (Romans 8:28) To me, this verse is demonstrated through the lessons I learned, the glory I give Him, my clean conscience, the faith I have had that God is absolutely good (a faith others have witnessed).

Cat, it looks like you are learning to "keep him in his place." Everyone goes through this stage in their own way and at their own pace. The wonderful peeps here are a good sounding board and they will often give just the right kick in the pants when they see us being doormats. I offer my boot any time I think you might need it
Cat,

God's will versus my emotions
With both ladies, I got very excited at the thought of "maybe this is the one?" My emotions got worked up, I felt like a school kid. \:o Now, even as I go on this trip with Church Friend, I do not feel emotionally charged but look at her as a good friend whom God could draw me to and visa versa. Then again, it could be that we are always to be friends but with appropriate, respectful boundaries.

Slow and steady, pray and fast
These should be my guiding thoughts and actions when I think someone might be "the one."

I know the feeling of getting way too excited in the beginning wondering if there could be something to it. I think I allow myself to wander in wonderland for the first few days.... but I guess in an attempt to real myself back in, I just shut down. I'm sure it's a protective barrier of some sort but it isn't a healthy way to react. I've got to find that balance between silly school girl with a crush and jaded divorcee with a grudge!!!
Quote:
I do not feel emotionally charged but look at her as a good friend whom God could draw me to and visa versa.

I'm sure there are plenty of examples, but it could turn out like a friend of mine, she and her H were cubicle partners for a long time, even talked about their dates and stuff, and behold! they started going out and they are now happily married \:\)
Quote:
I've got to find that balance between silly school girl with a crush and jaded divorcee with a grudge!!!

LNF,
Yep balance is needed. Been the silly school boy, my friends just laughed at me and rightly gave me flak later. Waited a year before taking any "dating" steps so I think I've avoided the jaded divorced dude syndrome. Of course, I'm still "off balance" but I'll get it right with His guidance \:\)

Cat,
Lots of "friends first" examples, you just never know. I hypothesized early on in my journey that if I would just get very busy doing the things God has for me to do, that when I wasn't looking, the right kind of woman would pop up and I would find myself thinking, "wow, how did that happen?"

We shall see how prophetic that really is.

Cat,
Lots of "friends first" examples, you just never know. I hypothesized early on in my journey that if I would just get very busy doing the things God has for me to do, that when I wasn't looking, the right kind of woman would pop up and I would find myself thinking, "wow, how did that happen?"

C2 & cat,

This is exactly what I believe and there are so many examples of that right here. It's when we're living our life, and hardly noticing, that God puts the right person in our path.

Amazing isn't it?

Love,
Bethie

Telling X about my missions trip
I braced for the usual rant and rave as I told my X about my trip this morning. It was a quick call while she and Mr. X drove to work. I sent her a follow up email with the dates so she could make plans for the kids (for "my" weekend, my Friday and because I get them after school). I expected an attack, her response:

Quote:
got it.. have a safe trip

i'll figure something for the kids..
we don't have anything planned...
thanks ~

Huh???

I guess someone tipped her off that I had my "smiley sauce" speech all ready to lay it on her!

She was driving to work with Mr. X so I know they talked about it and X probably complained. Mr. X most likely told her it was not really her place to complain about it and that it wouldn't change anything.

When I had my face to face wiht Mr. X I apologized for having bitterness towards him and "forgave him" (after I basically exposed his deception and adultery). During that conversation, he shared that he would try to keep X from getting emotionally involved in my life. More often than not, she has been her same old self but maybe fewer times than she really wanted to vent (most likely the case).

This is one case when she actually kept quiet and I like it! I give God praise for little miracles. \o/ <- offering praise
lol, smiley sauce, will keep that in mind if stbx goes nuts on me tomorrow about that cursed shed he built.

Glad ot hear you didnt' have to put up with any craziness from her part, perhaps she's actually growing up?
Wow,
How about that C2??

Well personally I dont see what she would have to complain about, but her past record I can see why you were concerned.

Hopefully this attitude of hers will continue!!

Yeah! Now you can concentrate on your trip!
Cat,

Praying for you and the shed situation. Pray, pray and pray.

Yep, so glad her reaction was different than in the past, maybe she is "moving on" herself.

Karen,

I hope she is turning a new leaf. I could really get into having a "harmonious" R for the kids sake.

I posted on Cat's thread about a song that really meant a lot to me back in '99, during our first separation. Hearing it today, I remember pain I felt back then and am now so appreciative of the growth and what God has done for me since then.

I am indeed a blessed man! \:\)
ALOHA C2H!

\:\)

SG
SG, Thanks! Yes, "Aloha" indeed! 10 days and counting \:\)

Wedding Planner- This Saturday's Wedding
Plans are all set for my friend's wedding which is taking place this Saturday. This is the friend that I am helping as his point person for the wedding's logistics etc. The day of the wedding I will be handling whatever comes their way.

I mentioned this on the prior thread but this is a very good friend and brother from church. I have watched God work in his life, we have gone on several missions trips together and I was there when he and his future bride started to think God was bringing them together when were in Romania.

So, as the day approaches, it almost seems surreal. This will be celebrated by so many of our close friends who are actively involved in the church, as is the happy couple. It will very much be a family affair. Food, fun, dancing, celebrating.

Now, to find the perfect wedding gift. (This is one area where I do miss my X, definitely not a guy thing)

(Open to suggestions- he is moving to her apartment so there is already a household, hmmm..., a toilet plunger with the wooden end engraved? Now that there will be a guy in the house, she'll have a need for one, ya think?).
oh gifts

um

how about a gift certificate to their favorite resteraunt

(i like the plunger idea...I have two boys and holy cow would that come in handy)

could you contact their photographer and pay for some pictures for them?

like they mught want to get more pics but it isn't in their budget

or you could buy like 10 of those little disposable cameras, leave them laying around then pay for the developing of those pictures???
C2H,

I know what you mean about gifts so I can't be a help there. I think it's great that you are helping out with the wedding and taking some of the pressure off of your friend and his bride.

I glad to see that your X is taking things better than she had in the past and maybe she is "moving on" or God is working in her heart. Who knows for sure but it definitely would be a good thing for you, your kids, and even your X.

Have a great day C2H!
Even though he is moving in with her it's nice to have some things that are THEIRS.
A photograph frame for the wedding picture, some nice glasses and wine(or tumblers for juice if they are t,total).
One of those photo frames that takes a memory card-digital I think they are called.
Like the meal voucher idea.
My d had the cameras at her wedding along with other favours and the guests on each table took their own table photos and my d had them developed-they really loved the pics.
I guess it depends on their ages and how affluent they are.
Great ideas, thanks! any others, send them my way (some of my bachelor friends will likely call me... "Ummm whachoo getting? I dunno, whatchoo getting? ummmm I donno either... :confused : LOL!)

Ages: 28 her, 30 him. Not affluent (here on earth but many, many treasures in heaven)
WOW!!!

Great suggestions! I like the gift certificate for dinner because I so believe in date nights to keep thing romantic, but all of the suggestions were good ones.

Picture frames are always good and as naej mentioned how much fun would it be to look back at all of the picture of things you might have missed that one of your guests caught.

Are they registered anywhere? You might want to ask them that question!

Love,
Bethie
Don't know if you have this in the states but what about a Family Bible, used to record their marriage, then births etc children etc, builds up a family tree to hand down to future generations.

Are they having a video of the day done? you could pay for that or offer to get one done-bit short notice now.
C2,

This might sound corney.... but I always liked the idea of planting a tree as a symbol of establishing roots. If they have property they aren't renting... then a nice flowering tree might be an option. Of course, you wouldn't want to bring the thing to the reception but maybe a tag or picture with a note and a nice scripture included ....
Thanks again for the suggestions, holding off on ordering the plunger to be engraved to make the final suggestion ;\)
Wedding Gifts continued (reminder to self)

So Far:
Books (his and hers): The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate Read the first book and intended to give them two copies of the same book, inscribed. (Now they have a Men's edition, may buy his and hers, have to check out the difference)

Something Romanian- This is where they "fell" for each other, maybe a photo (if I have one) of them together over there in a nice frame with Romanian currency within the frame.

Something that will live- plant/tree that they can "nurture, like their blooming love, something sappy, like them ;\) " Oh, I can't wait to pen something that will make them laugh till they pee.

They have a videographer but I also plan on shooting "behind the scenes video" and surprising them. I will be at the rehersal but I am not in the wedding (need to be free to handle stuff the day of the wedding). I will be there for set up so they will see the crew (some of their dearest friends) going to set up the reception area at the Art Gallery. I'll record personal messages then and maybe at the wedding if the videographer does not do the same.

Gift Card- For Romania? Instead of a traditional honeymoon, they are likely going to Romania to help President of the ministry we served at. I may arrange for something over there that they can enjoy.

Still taking ideas, the best ideas are often borrowed ones!
what about a collection of Romanian fairy tales....
or look up what a tradional wedding gift is in Romania?

arrange to have their house cleaned and food in their refirgerator upon their return from their honeymoon

(that is what I did for one of my friends...none of us really had any money so when she went on her honeymoon, I went into her house and scrubbed every inch and I knew when they were coming back so I put dinner in the oven. They came home to a spotless house, clean laundry, warm food)
fig, you educator, you! \:\)

Like your thinking!
hair fluffing happening

fig, you are officially invited to my wedding \:D

The behind the scenes video sounds AWESOME! that's a great idea c2H.
yep cat, liked the idea. Even the professional one they get will be a whole different perspective. I hadn't thought about doing video during the ceremony but might do some of that too. Not the whole thing but shots here and there, who knows. If they want to see the ceremony, they can watch the professional video.
Happy National Day of Prayer

People are gathering in churches of different denominations through out the country at noon and at other times to pray for our nation, it's leaders (nationally and locally), our military, first responders, Government at all levels, the youth, our young people, the schools and the list goes on and on.

In additon, I encourage all here who pray, to pray for each other. Prayer is a mighty, mighty weapon \:\)

Quote:
2 Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

I am praying for many of your situations.

May God bless each of you in some special way that you know it comes from Him. \:\)
Awwwwwwwwwwww C2,

That was so nice. There was a really nice story in the paper today about how the churches have all come together today. It is a great thing to see that no matter what your Religion, our belief in the strength of prayer is something that we all share.

Love,
Bethie
ahhh C2
That is so very nice, thank you!
I didnt know this, then again I havent sat down for 5 mins today to watch the news.

I'm so glad we have you on the board C2, you are one in a million!
Thanks, C2, for reminding us of this. Seems I'm doing a lot of praying lately too.
yikes! I almost forgot!! what with all the nonsense of stbx and the loan, i'm glad at least you were praying extra today c2H)))))
C2H, The Wedding Planner and...groomsman?

At the last minute a groomsman could not get released from work and had to drop out of the wedding. The groom asked me to step in at last night's wedding rehearsal. Originally I am thinking, I need to be free to keep things running smoothly and share this with him which he accepts. I think about it a bit and then ask him what he wanted and said he wanted me in the wedding from the start but deferred to my thinking I needed to stay out of the wedding party.

So, now I am in the wedding party!

God is so good!
So, I get to rehearse with the wedding party and I have my video camera with me through the whole rehearsal. I am not one for being serious so I am clowning around when I can, but serious when I need to be.

Rehearsal is over and I have to race to the tux shop before they close, make it with 7 minutes to spare. The Tux comes from their warehouse so they say Saturday in the morning for sure but maybe the next day (but I could see they were doubting it because it was closing time). Saturday will make things very difficult because I have duties in the morning before having to get to the church earlier than previously planned.

Today is fully dedicated to getting the outside area of the Art Gallery ready for the reception. Then, I get a call from the Tux shop, "the tux is in."

The timing is perfect as I have to drive in that direction and when I do try on the tux, it fits.

(just got a return call from the bride, was able to take something else off her plate, give her some surprise good news and to reassure her everything else was on track! Poor thing)

When I first started doing some of these duties, I was having resentment towards my X, just because of my extreme proximity to my first wedding since the D. In the time since, it has simply been a blessing to serve these very special people.

"Lord, I love the life you have given me!" \:\)
Whewww
C2, as fun as weddings are and I loved mine 24 yrs ago , i think my next will be a trip to Vegas! lol I remember the fun but at times the stress and worry! But it is a great day for everyone isnt it!!! You will be a wonderful groomsman! and I betcha you will make sure everything goes smooth. Its an honor being asked and I am sure your friend is happy to have you on board,,,,and just imagine C2, maybe you'll catch the garter and ya know what that means!!! oh yeaaaaaaaaaaa
Quote:
make it with 7 minutes to spare.

Way to make a Gal nervous, C2H! Glad everything else worked out to the good.

Have fun at the big event.. ...Dance... and....do you have a good toast ready?

SG
C2,
You're awesome!!!

Oh, btw, would you mind planning my D's wedding when the time comes??? I know she wants me to do "everything" and all I really care about is the dress, ya know. ;\)
Wedding Day

Did not get a lot of sleep, still plenty to do but God is in control! Let you know how it goes. \:\)

P.S. Our missions team met for prayer last night for our upcoming trip in 6 DAYS, Yay! As we parted, I gave each of them a cd of christian hawaiian music that I compiled from a couple of artist. I love it when certain songs remind me of some special place or time and I wanted to share this opportunity to create special memories for this trip. They loved the surprise!
C2H: YOU are a GEM! Your friends are lucky to know you. Good luck today with your responsibilities and and enjoy the time in that wonderful paradise.

Carpe Diem!

Barb
Oh C2,
can not wait to hear! Its a beautiful day for a ( white) wedding lol

What a thoughtful thing for you to do! Barbs right you are in the GEM catagory for sure!
A Wedding Planner's Recap...

Have you ever been to a wedding where one thing after another goes wrong? Well, this was not one of those fiascos! Praise the Lord!

Because I knew of every detail, I was aware of deliverable timetables, over and under delivery of items, oversight and foresight, planned sequence of events versus actual sequence of events. The Wedding, from early morning preparation for the reception at the gallery, to the wedding, to the actual reception and clean up afterwards was a truly blessed event for those who participated.

The bride and groom were thrilled how everything flowed and they had an absolutely joyous time. Family member and friends commented to how wonderful the wedding and the reception were. Words cannot describe it and the wedding couple could not thank those who helped enough.

Before the wedding, being a groomsman, I shared a very special, private time with the groom, the best man and another groomsman. We laughed hard and we also spoke from the heart. Having been married and having learned plenty during and afterwards, I was able to offer sage advice to allay jitters and fears the groom was feeling.

During the Wedding, being a groomsman, I was able to have a elevated view of the bride as the doors to the church foyer was opened. I was later able to look at the bride as she gazed into the groom's eyes through the vows. When they were done and officially husband and wife, they chose to play a glorious version of "Oh Happy Day."

The reception was touching, fun and special in so many ways. All the traditional functions were incorporated and it was celebrated by more people than we thought would show up. Yes, I did get to dust off my disco dancing shoes and it was as fun as ever!

I was asked to play an important role, and in turn, was so blessed, soooo blessed in deed.
Awww, it sounds perfect!!!!
Quote:
Yes, I did get to dust off my disco dancing shoes and it was as fun as ever!

Yehhaww!! C2, you are MY kinda man! I bet you were soooo Travolta-ish!
Sounds like a wonderful ceremony!! How romantic!

Soooo whatcha doin in about 15 months?? lol
Hmmm, has a "date" been set?
Hmmm, has a "date" been set?

Uh, no!!! She cannot set a date until I lose 10 more lbs!!!
If I'm going to have to wear some frilly, icky colored dress, at least I'm gonna be skinny!!! OK, make that 15 lbs!!!
C2,

You are AMAZING! I definitely think that K should put her wedding in your hands! Oh I can't wait!

So it sounded like a goodtime was had by all. How cool is that?

Jill,

What the heck are you eating that you can't lose 10lbs in 15 months? Besides, who's going to know what's under all those frills?
Jill,

not to worry, just as you are, you'll be like Bethie's monkey...HOT!

Just popping in for quickie, a "post and run." Finally got a little rest last night but was so exhaused but also excited because now I can focus on the Hawaii trip. Today Our team met at churh to prep for Vacation Bible School (VBS) which is a generic lable for anytime we do an outreach for kids (typically done during school vacation time). We prayed, discussed and prepped for crafts, talke about skits for the kids. They also labled me a "clown" so if we get permission from the shelter where the kids live, I will be dressed as a clown and will make balloon animals.

Best news of all... I haven't heard a peep from X, I think she is letting go, letting me live my own life. Funny that she is the latter of us two to get to this point.

I love my life!!!!!!

Oh, speaking of monkey's, I wore a monkey suit yesterday and got some raised eyebrows from some of the ladies at church (Our church is a "come as you are" very casual enviornment and so I am normally in short to show off my biking calves \:o ). I guess they didn't know this clown can clean up pretty well.

All in all, a very, very satisfying way to spend a Saturday. ;\)
Quote:
What the heck are you eating that you can't lose 10lbs in 15 months? Besides, who's going to know what's under all those frills?
Now I'm going to be wondering if there will be anything at all????
Our church is a "come as you are" very casual enviornment and so I am normally in short to show off my biking calves \:o ). I guess they didn't know this clown can clean up pretty well.

Are butt lights acceptable church attire?
Oh C2, I bet you looked like a dream! Gotta love a man in a suit! yummmmmy lol
Glad it went great and X was no problem!

And there is no date set here, apart from 12-15 months lol
and Jill, I, have to lose weight too!!! Don't worry your gonna look stunning in your chiffon and lace fushia dress \:\)
Quote:
Are butt lights acceptable church attire?

Quote:
Don't worry your gonna look stunning in your chiffon and lace fushia dress
Very casual, "come as you are." Jill I'll wear mine if you wear yours \:\)

Church Friend (CF)
By the way, I am communicating more with CF via email, and at meetings related to the trip. My first "dating" sequence with her found me very giddy, like a school boy (SURPRISE- you all gathered that from my posts). Now, after remaining platonic and after having dated ex girlfriend (XGF), I find myself simply looking at her as a special lady, a good friend (who will become even a better friend after this trip). She also helped at the wedding reception, before, during and after so we interacted quite a bit there too.

I found myself looking at her while she spoke at our Friday meeting, thinking, "this is a really neat woman." So, who knows what is going to happen. Long lasting love should grow out of a friendship first, right? (And still, if it never does develop, I'm still good, just as is. \:\)
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

the wedding sounds beautiful!!!!
fig,

It was beautiful!

Ceremony words from the pastor
Our congregation has grown from about 75 to 2300 adults in 15 years (I have been there since the start and it has been a blessing to see this happen). Normally, weddings are officiated by associate pastors but the bride lost her dad years ago and so the pastor (while the congregation was still small) became like a surogate father to her.

During the wedding, bride and groom were facing each other, holding hands, wispering things back and forth. I was 5 feet from the bride and could lip read quite a nummber of, "I love you, thank you" and "me too's." As this was going on, the pastor was giving different parts of his message on the meaning of a Christian marriage and then he humoursly says,
Quote:
you know, [groom and bride] are not even listening to me right now, they are already in 'la-la land' but I know you all are...
Everyone errupted in laughter.

Oh, by the way, a friend just sent me a picture of me in my Tux but the comedian included a photoshopped a cigarette and drink. Other than that, it is not a bad picture. Here it is C2H in his Tuxedo Everybody's a comedian! \:D
Oh, by the way, a friend just sent me a picture of me in my Tux but the comedian included a photoshopped a cigarette and drink. Other than that, it is not a bad picture. Here it is C2H in his Tuxedo Everybody's a comedian! \:D

Just as I pictured you!!! BTW, are you Beth's hot monkey???
I spit pop all over my computer!!!!

Quote:
BTW, are you Beth's hot monkey???

Why yes Jill, yes he is and he's smokin' HHHOOOOTTTTT!

C2,

You never looked better ;\)
Jill, you always say the nicest things!

Bethie, Thank you very much

Quote:

fig, I is what I is, sorry about not giving you a better warning. ;\)

Glad you all love me as I am. \:\)
love a guy in a tux! lol
72 hours and counting!
Yep, in 72 hours I will be at my church loading up to head to the airport. Our team is excited as am I. Church Friend has stepped forward to show her true colors as a servant of God. This is going to be soooo coool, to serve with her and the other members of the team going and those brothers and sisters we will meet in Hawaii. (Also, even if Church Friend and I never hook up, this will be a wonderful shared experience to have as brother and sister in Christ).

(one thing I think failed to mention was that sooo many of the people who stepped forward to help the day of the wedding were people I have served with on missions trips, people who have served with the bride and groom. Working, sweating, praying and crying together builds an incredible bond which is why I know I will become closer to all the people on this trip, not just Church Friend).

For those who feel so inclinded, once again, here are the Hawaiian prayer needs thanks \:\)

Memory opportunity with son - Dodger Game
Last night, X decided she wasn't going to go the Dodger game today after all. She had secured donated tickets for my son's school and was going to go with Mr. X but last night she asked me if I want the tickets so I said yes. In minutes, I will be heading to pick up my kids from school, take them to son's soccer game (8th grader). Daughter will sit with me and watch her prodigy (that's what she calls him sinc she is the varsity soccer player \:\) ).

After that, I will drop daughter at her mom's and then take son and one of his goofy friends (one of those kids that just makes you laugh without trying) along with one of my best friends from church to the Dodger game. We are going to have a blast!!!!!

Peace in my circumstances
A few days ago I found out my X arranged for these tickets, did not expect to go and felt a little twinge of disappointment. I wouldn't infringe on their planned event even though I knew I could get a ticket. I totally let it go in a matter of minutes and, unlike last year, was able to not come back to dwell on one the fact that my kids would be off enjoying an experience wiht out their dad.

Lo and behold, X backs out and I get to enjoy the experience.

hmmm, have I recently said how much I love my life????
YIPPEE DIPPEE!!!! Have fun with your son, C2H!!! Doncha just love it when a plan comes together???
that is awesome c2H, it pays to sit still))))))) have a great time at the game \:\)

The trip sounds soooo awesome! as I gorge on mother's day I will remember you and thinking you will be having an ever better time helping those people. The scheduled events sounds so great, i'm jealous! lol

Praying for you)))))))
Quote:
YIPPEE DIPPEE!!!!
Those were my EXACT thoughts! Jill, it IS so cool when the plans come together, particularly when it is such an important event for another person you don't want to disappoint. So glad I got to assist, with the help of so many others, but I am also VERY glad to be done! \:\)

Cat, yep, it often pays to "sit still." Enjoy your gorging and thank you for your prayers! Since you do have that desire to one day do missions, I believe you will have that desire honored for He knows the desires of your heart and when they are aligned with His nature, He delights if granting those desires.
from your lips to God's ears c2H
24 hours (+/-) and counting!

So excited! We went before the congregation last night at mid week service so they could pray for us. It was short and sweet but we appreciate it soooo much because each of us has learned that prayer has tremendous value. Afterwardsk, several individuals told me they would be praying for us and also mentioned they were a bit jealous, in a good way. \:\)

Off to run errands and then to take my kids to my son's soccer game. After the game, I won't see them until next week, I'll miss them.

Will likely get in a post or two this evening or tomorrow a.m. and will be off to meet my group in 24 hours. ALOHA! \:D
whooohooo~!
safe journeys
So excited for you C2! oh so envious too! lol

Tropcial paradise,I am soooo ready for something like that, to get awayyyyy

How long will you be gone?
cat, "whooohula!"

fig, thanks! I'll pass your thoughts along to the pilot. ;\)

Karen, We leave Friday and return on the 18th! Oh and Karen, about that envy? Remember my thread title:

Romans 8:28
Quote:
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Well, I likely would not be taking these missions trips if I was still married. The major financial sacrifices I have chosen to undertake only affect me and my lifestyle so I choose to make them. I meet my commitments to child support and school tuitions and beyond because I love to bless my children. So I understand the excitement others have for me but I also share that these opportunities have come because of an obedience to what God has shown me to do. Much of the time I blow it but some of the time I get it right and I owe anything that turns out good to God, He gets the glory. I really, really mean it.

Just now thinking about the excitement we all have about going, I was thinking that I will not have the post vacation let down that often accompanies a trip to an exotic destination. For one thing, heaven will be SO much better and this trip will only wet my appetite to be a better servant of God and my fellow man.

Secondly, the memories we have will be of serving and the blessings we receive will last. Back when I was a party animal, the "good times" I had (or at least those I could remember ) were moments in time. Now, these memories will be of helping, loving, caring for those who are less fortunate and offering them something eternal. Long after my tan has faded, I the love of God we share with others will still be fond memories for both those who receive it and those who give it.
Hi C2,
I soooo admire the way in which you handle all the events in your life.

I hope you have a wonderful trip (like anyone could have a bad time in Hawaii).

Can't wait to hear the detail when you return!!!
Jill thank you for the compliment. I am listening to hawaiian music from my prior trips to associate this music with this trip as opposed to them being a reminder of my prior trips with X. They will still remind me of those times but will also now remind me of this one \:\)

Hope to make another post and start a new thread before I leave. Aloha \:\)
ALOHA!!!

Hey C2,

I hope you have the best time! I think you hit the jackpot with this mission trip! Some people have all the luck..............

Love,
Bethie

How cool! C2H is headed off to get lai'd!

Godspeed buddy. BTDT, as far as returning to those special places without the X (Cancun, same hotel even).

You may have a passing twinge or two of regret, sadness, whatever,.. but I really don't think it'll be an issue. Your dedication to serving God and focus on others will make this an awesome adventure.

We're looking forward to hearing all about it.

Aloha \:\)

-db
Have a save trip C2!
thanks ALL and everyone! Aloha!
Kuko-
Le'ale'a

--- Kalena & Miki \:\)
Aloha!!!!!!

So exhausted but in a good kind of way \:D

We got in late Sunday evening and Monday was a jam packed day of errands. So many amazing things happened and I will try to share tomorrow night.

One amazing thing that did NOT happen was that I realized the Church Friend is not the woman for me. We are and will be friends but she is not for me. Previously, she was the one that said she thought we should "remain friends" and so that was cool with me. But later, as we prepared for this trip, I wondered if by serving together, either or both of us would start to see the other as a "mate." This time, it did not happen from my end and I am VERY much at peace with it.

I start a new job in about 7 hours and I won't be able to post during the day for a while but I know this job was given to me by God in His perfect timing. This is another story in and of itself.

So, more to come later including C2H on stage, the rain, lessons, the power of prayer, the "kids" etc.

Mahalo (thank you)
© DivorceBusting.com