Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: qoe100 Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/23/08 01:31 AM
I Love Rock & Roll.......YO!!!!

Time for a new thread. I'm lining up the drinks so step up to the bar, my friends.

Back later. Am watching VIP TV shows at the moment.......
May I please have Champagne? I am watching The Real housewives of New York City.
Oh me Jilly please!
After the last few days I really need a drink!

Bet I know what your watchin!!

I will be too in a couple of hours.
Posted By: BethM Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/23/08 01:50 AM
Hi Jilly!!!!!

Glad you decided to grace us with your presence ans of course you sucky eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.....I mean suny disposition!

Ok, I'm ready for a drink. I already screwed up majorly once tonight, so make it a really stiff one!

Hey Princess,

I'm watching the Housewives too. Do you like them as well as the Housewives from Orange County? I think they all seem so affected.
I've seen them both only a few times tho.... they just seem way too pampered and powdered for my taste. kinda makes me wanna hurl... but hey, I'm probably just jealous!
Pour me something tall and strong, make it a Hurricane before I go insane...

OK, so it's Recital Time. And in this house - we go nuts! Busy busy, someone's costume doesn't fit. Crisis! AAAHHHH!!! Some costumes not in yet. One CD is missing. Yada yada yada.

Yep - it's recital time and I need a drink.

Thanks,

Barb
Ha! the Housewives of OC, crack me up as I know a lot of women like that from OC, well my S friends, just like that!
To each his own but I'll stick w/ my Inland Empire buds \:\)
10 years After 'I'm goin home' off of Woodstock
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/23/08 11:32 AM
Geeze, what a bunch of lushes!!! Drinks all around and give Beth the tab, OK?

Have had MG's son here for the last 5 days. He left this AM. I'm tellin ya, he looks so much like MG, it's crazy. He's off to the gulf but he'll be stationed on a ship so we're hoping he'll be relatively safe. He doesn't know what his destination is and won't know until they arrive.

I'm having dinner tonight with best GF and we're going to plan our next trip. YAHOOEY!!!

All of my latest health issues have miraculously disappeared!!! WTH??? A month of hell and I'm feeling great!!! I can stay upright most of the time, no light headedness, cold hands, heart palps, panic attacks, nada, zilch, zip, gone!!!! And I'm sleeping again.

Weather's been fabulous, grass is green, etc. Can it get any better than this???

OK, still have that pesky part time job so I'm off to shower.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!!!
Hey Jillybean!! Love the name of your new thread. And I love jukeboxes. ;\)

Well, you know what I want to drink. For no particular reason, just cuz I can!

SE
Play some Aerosmith please
Originally Posted By: qoe100
I can stay upright most of the time,

Things you should never let Beth hear you say.

Anyhoo,

Glad you're feeling better, and prayers for MG's son.

Now, about that drink . . .

How's about a round of Irish Car Bombs.
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/23/08 01:35 PM
fricken school

i'll have a baileys and coffee please

I wish we could drink at lunch

my dumbtard study hall would be much more tolerable
Bet we can figure something out, fig.
Good morning Jill...

We love those pesky part time jobs. It gives us a break between eating bon-bons and watching Oprah!

LOL!

How about an Irish Coffee this morning?

SG
Posted By: BethM Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/23/08 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: BigHands
[quote=qoe100]I can stay upright most of the time,

Quote:
Things you should never let Beth hear you say.

Thanks for pointing that out BH. I'm not sure what's happening with me. That got right by me and that should have been way too easy. She hit that one right at me and I missed!
I knew you were a little off your game, and although I love both you and Jill, I gotta have the entertainment of the catfight.
Quote:
my dumbtard study hall would be much more tolerable

Can you play Monty Python in the background
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/23/08 03:33 PM
i do in my mass media classes!!!

dumbtard study hall needs to be so quiet that you can hear their breathing!!!

it's for those dumbtarded kids who are failing classes and need extra help

more like me riding their assets to turn their work in
B-U-L-L-W-H-I-P

You have no idea how much work it took for me to just now spell that out.
Jillybean!

Yay for the good health!!! I know you had your tests last week, results not in yet? Regardless, so glad to hear you are feeling good. So, I suspect we will be hearing about your upcoming travel plans soon...
Morning, Jill!!!
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/24/08 03:18 PM
morning queenofall
Hey Jilly
You sound good! I think i may of caught some of your crud tho \:\(

So wheres the next trip?? CA best be on your list!!
You, B , SE rollin into town in some RV ala Cousin Eddy.

I'll have the pool ready to go and drinks chillin in the fridge

yehawwww!!!
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
Hey Jilly
You sound good! I think i may of caught some of your crud tho \:\(

So wheres the next trip?? CA best be on your list!!
You, B , SE rollin into town in some RV ala Cousin Eddy.

I'll have the pool ready to go and drinks chillin in the fridge

yehawwww!!!

Oh yeah, baby! We be rollin'!! California, here we come!!!!!!!!! And an RV sounds soooooooo much better than a plane!

SE
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/24/08 09:48 PM
Hello, all my imaginary friends.... ;\)

I'm planning lots of looonnnnngggg weekend trips for the summer since I had to cancel my cruise. SD is on the list!!! Also, plan on getting to Tennessee to white water raft.

My traveling buddy and I are looking into Greece in early Sept. WOOEEEYYYY!!!! And......hoping to talk MG into a trip for Christmas (like Hawaii???) We'll see. May be tricky cuz I promised my D23 a cruise when she graduates from college and that will also be in Dec (hopefully).

SE, you just need to let me know "any" time that you can get away from work and we'll plan something. We can take any type of transportation that you can handle, OK? Well, except donkeys....they're such asses!!!

OK, just looked out the window and there's an elderly couple walking their Irish Setter and the dog is wearing a camo saddle???? WTH? Maybe this is my lastest health symptom.....hallucinations???
Reality is just and escape for those who hallucinate and have delusions. Must be avoided.

So what did the Irish Setter say to the elderly couple?
Poor dog.

I get the biggest grin every time I see your thread title.

That's all.

Hugs,
AH
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/25/08 01:18 AM
AH,
I'm glad my thread title tickles you. I wasn't sure if I would start another thread. Seems I have so little angst these days but I just downloaded the song on my IPOD and it struck me as perfect for my final (perhaps?) thread title.

Hugs back atcha!!!!
white water in Tenn? really? hmmm wonder if thats why my ex in laws just moved there?? ............ nahh !! LOL

Greece ohhhh Greece, my dream destination, what fun that would be.
Just make sure you rent a nice big RV so SE will have plenty of room for her boxes and boxes AND BOXES of wine \:\)
Jilly,

A dizzy, imperfect good morning to you!!!
Posted By: psluke Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/25/08 01:27 PM
So Jill you have to pass through IN to get to TN!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful Friday.
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/25/08 01:31 PM
finally thread my assssssssssssssssss

this place is the Bermuda triangle and everyone always comes back
Posted By: psluke Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/25/08 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: fig
finally thread my assssssssssssssssss

ROFLOL!!!!! \:D \:D
Quote:

hahhah no kidding, some within 5 mins of leaving , literally!

I have said for the last 6 threads its my last. Fickle Fickle
Posted By: BethM Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/25/08 06:14 PM
Yes K but you don't threaten to leave every other week only to come back before the day is through. Now that's whack!!!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/26/08 01:10 AM
Since I've been a bit feisty lately, I'll probably get kicked off!!!!
Originally Posted By: qoe100
Since I've been a bit feisty lately, I'll probably get kicked off!!!!

You feisty? Naw, Jill, I don't believe it! \:D

Yep, Beth, I don't get that either...if peeps aren't gonna leave, why do they say they are??? Hmmmm...

And oh yeah, Jill, when was the last time you put a dime in the jukebox?

SE
Um, Jill, I have noticed you drooling at times but found it endearing, as long as it didn't land on me. And I didn't want to mention it when I noticed you wearing your thong over your shorts b/c you thought that was the new style. And that guy with the walker...well, he's not into you at all! He wants the nurse who's going to give you your enema this evening. \:D For some reason, he thinks that's HOT!!

SE (Am I a true friend or what?)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/26/08 06:15 AM
Originally Posted By: sadeyez
Um, Jill, I have noticed you drooling at times but found it endearing, as long as it didn't land on me. And I didn't want to mention it when I noticed you wearing your thong over your shorts b/c you thought that was the new style. And that guy with the walker...well, he's not into you at all! He wants the nurse who's going to give you your enema this evening. \:D For some reason, he thinks that's HOT!!

SE (Am I a true friend or what?)

Unfortunately, I can envision this all happening somewhere down the road. Ah, well, better get that tattoo on my butt that I've always wanted so they know that at least at one time I was a helluva lot of fun!!!
Quote:
Unfortunately, I can envision this all happening somewhere down the road. Ah, well, better get that tattoo on my butt that I've always wanted so they know that at least at one time I was a helluva lot of fun!!!

So, will it say..."Wild thing?" \:o

Glad to see you setting up your travel plans here and there and everywhere, you deserve it.

By the way, never you mind those comments about your thoughts about becoming a WAP (Walk Away Poster), we'll just DB you back into our arms (oh wait, none of us were too successful at that, crap!). Ok, I'll have to resort to pleading and begging, maybe this time it will work, LOL! (now that is the real reason you'll eventually boomerang back to us, the people here are nuts and, well, you just mix right in ;\) )
Ummm. Sure. Tattoo Wild Thing on your butt. That would be funny.

And I can't imagine they'd kick anyone out of here. That just doesn't happen, does it?
Posted By: FA Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/26/08 08:48 PM
A tattoo of Roy Orbison?
Posted By: Trip Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/26/08 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: FA
A tattoo of Roy Orbison?

Yuck!
A tattoo of THE Ultimate WILD THING... Bethie??
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/27/08 02:47 PM
I'm thinkin' "lips." Seriously, if you've ever seen the cover of the Rocky Horror Show, it has these luscious red lips on it and that's what I've always wanted tattooed on my butt. Strange, huh???

MG & I are in the process of redoing all the bedrooms in the house. Yesterday I picked out the carpet and paint for the master bedroom and the office. I've found some bedding I like and we're going to start hauling stuff out of the rooms within the next couple of weeks.

I'm also having "another" massive garage sale to get rid of the furniture we "won't" be using (his) and all my treasures from my old house that don't fit with the decor here. I had a big old house with lots of antiques and this house is a ranch. The bedrooms are small and the antiques just don't fit. Actually, I hate this house but the market is so bad right now that he doesn't want to sell it just yet. I don't blame him after losing what I did on my house. Anyway, lots of work to do in the month of May.

It was 80 here on Fri and today it's 37!!! And......they're predicting snow for tomorrow!!! I gotta get out of MI!!!

My Dad is not doing well again. He's losing about a pound a day, sleeps all the time, has no energy, etc. My Mom is worried, scared and stressed. He sees the oncologist this week and has a PET scan. I know he's 82 but I really hope they can find a new drug combo that will help him. He's already lived a year longer than expected and I'm so glad I've been able to get to FL several times over the last 2 yrs.

Off to be productive!!!!
Oh gosh, Queenie...I am sorry about your dad. I really hope they can find a new drug combo that will help him too! Poor Mom, also.

Hugs and prayers for your parents!

SG
Posted By: Trip Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/27/08 03:37 PM
Love the lip idea, qoe! Hope they find a good combo for your dad. Fingers crossed.
I'm sorry to read about your Dad, and hope the docs come up with something useful.

Hugs,
AH
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/27/08 05:35 PM
Thanks, everyone.

At this point, I'm more concerned for my mom. She just seems so sad and lost. She lives in FL and I and my oldest bro live in MI. I have another brother in Tucson and a sis in Albuquerque. My Mom has always been a "caretaker" of someone. When my Dad is gone, it will seem like her purpose in life is gone and that concerns me greatly.

I've let her know that I can be there overnight if needed and I'll tell my boss the situation tomorrow.

Off for a 10 mile bike ride before the snow hits tomorrow!!!!
Posted By: psluke Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/27/08 06:12 PM
Hi Jill,

Very sorry to read about your dad and so hope they come up with something that is helpful for him.

Does your mom have a pet? I have heard that helps and I know during the worst times of my divorce having the shelties depending on my care made a difference for me.

Please don't send the snow this way. I want spring to stay!!!!
Posted By: FA Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/27/08 06:32 PM
I know about that snow thing....and I am in Colorado right now. It snowed last night 45 minutes from here towards the mountains. As far as your Mom goes, I feel ya! My Mom has been doing the same thing for quite a while now. When her Dad passes I know she will not know what to do with herself. The only difference is, she is only 59 years old. Grandpa is 82.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents. (((Jill)))
Quote:
Seems I have so little angst these days but I just downloaded the song on my IPOD and it struck me as perfect for my final (perhaps?) thread title.

I hope you're referring to renaming all your threads after this one numerically as Bethie does because I really don't want to have to follow you all over the world trying to track you down, woman!
(((jilly)))

Hope all goes well with your pops. Also, glad to see you're having so little angst. good times.
((( Jilly )))
I'm rabmlin on in email and didnt even know your dad wasnt doing good \:\(
I'm sorry , I know how much he means to you, he sure sounds like a terrific man!!! I hope too, they find something to make him feel better.

Please let us know , you know where I am if you need--
Jill,

Such as they are, your dad's in my prayers. Hope he feels better and is pestering your mom real soon.
Posted By: BethM Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/28/08 12:35 PM
(((((((((Jill)))))))))))

So sorry to hear the news about your Dad and I so feel for your Mom. I wish I had some words of wisdom but I'm at a loss here having been through it myself, nothing seems quite appropriate. So I'll just say that I'll keep your whole family in my prayers!

Love you,
Bethie
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/28/08 01:48 PM
jillybean

I am sending positive thoughts your dad's way
Jill, I'm sorry your dad isn't doing well. I know how stressed you must be about that. I wish there was something I could do for you. You know I'm here for you if you need me. And I'm keeping your mom and dad in my prayers. And you too, of course.

love ya,
SE
Quote:
(Riff Raff) It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll...

(Magenta) Ahh...

(Riff Raff) But listen closely...

(Magenta) Not for very much longer...

(Riff Raff) I've got to keep control.
I remember doing the Time Warp.
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me.

(Riff Raff & Magenta) And the void would be calling.

(Guests) Let's do the Time Warp again.
Let's do the Time Warp again.

Ok then, "red lips" it is!!!! \:D

(Now THAT'S the way to start a Wednesday! That song is going to be stuck in EVERYONE'S head today, LOL! )
(Stuck in head...)
First you step to the left...

Then you slide to the Ri-Yi-Yi-Iye-ight!
Put your hands on your hips

(Crowd: YOUR OWN HIPS)

And pull your knees in tiiiiiiight
Put your hands on your hips

And pull your knees in tight

It's a pelvic thrust

It nearly drives me INAAAAANE

"Let's do the Time Warp Again"!!!

Nope, C2H - this didn't get it started in my head, I happened to be singing it at work last night.

Yes, I'm weird.

Barb
(told you, it's contagious \:o )

Quote:
Nope, C2H - this didn't get it started in my head, I happened to be singing it at work last night.

Yes, I'm weird.

Barb
That's why you fit in so well with the rest of us...

(I think the whole forum is going to be dancing pretty soon!)
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/30/08 02:11 PM
hey Barbie...isn't it insane???

for real...not snarky...isn't it?

otherwise I have been singing it wrong for like 20 years

which isn't surprising since my song the other night was belting out a song and I had to make him stop and say it to me

It was Nazereth's Love Hurts

he was singing it love birds

Your song was singing love birds?
fig and all (so we can sing in unison)
the lyrics: Time Warp \:D \:o ;\) \:\) \:\( \:\/ (One song that covers the full range of emotions) ;\)
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/30/08 02:18 PM
damn drugs

i meant son

SON

Hardy#2
Love Birds

\:D
Fig: Yep, of course it is INSANE - typo! I was in a hurry to put in extra "A"s, cuz you know we Canadians love our "A"s or is it "EH"s or "AYE"s??? Oh who cares - we know what we're talking about.

C2 - you're right, we're all nuts and I love it.

Barb
I knew I'd been keeping this bag of rice in my underwear all these years for a reason.

Just wish I hadn't cooked it first.
[quote] I knew I'd been keeping this bag of rice in my underwear all these years for a reason.

Just wish I hadn't cooked it first. [/quote

LOL you crack me up BH!
Is that what they mean by "dirty rice"?
Posted By: Trip Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/30/08 05:04 PM
EWWW!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 04/30/08 05:09 PM
OMG, y'all are singing my favorite song of all time. I've probably seen that play a dozen times and still love it!!! I have the DVD and the CD. I even went to the play dressed as Magenta once. Oh yeah, I miss my flower child days!!!

Science fiction,......can't remember the rest......
We were supposed to dress up?

Sheesh. And here I went to all that trouble to wear my very best gold lame thong because I just thought it was cool.
Quote:
I even went to the play dressed as Magenta once. Oh yeah, I miss my flower child days!!!
Hey "wild thing," I only caught it once at midnight showing in Hollywoood with a group of my friends. I knew one or two of the songs but wasn't prepared for the side show- what a blast! (ummm, once was enough for me- disco was my thing, remember \:\) butt lights flashing, disco mirror ball! Now were talking!!)
So Jill, where are you? Have you been secluded in marathon Rocky Horror Picture Show screenings? Did you elope and are you on one marathon honeymoon romp on the beach or somewhere scintilating?

I pray all is well with you.

Signed,

Don Ho \:D

(p.s. You've got) mail
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/26/08 12:04 PM
YO!!!
I just got back from FL. My Dad is not doing well and has been in the hospital. He now has nurses, physical therapists and Lulu (the bath girl) coming to the house several times a week. I'm hoping we have everything set up so that he can be at home and my mom will get some breaks.

His cancer has spread. They're going to try a new chemo, do a pet scan afterwards and decide whether to continue depending on the results of the scan. He's losing about a lb a day and looks awful. It's so hard to see my parents going through this, especially when they're so far away.

I'm home now but leaving their house yesterday was so hard. I don't know if he'll be there the next time I go. My mom is frazzled and heart broken.

But....on to "good" things. While I was gone, MG painted two of our 3 bedrooms and our carpet was installed in one of them so today I get to put our bedroom back together. I love decorating!!! The other bedroom he painted has turned out a yucky color so I have to tell him not to bother putting the second coat on it. HATE IT!!!!

Hope everyone is done fabulously and I'll try to get on here to post occasionally even though it seems like my life has turned into a huge blur for the most part.

Thanks for checking up on me, C2. Off to ready other's threads!!!
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/26/08 03:09 PM
jillllllllybean....

I am so sorry to hear about your dad
prayers being sent your way

nice about the bedrooms...its nice to feel like you have something to do!!!

hugs your way
Jill I will especially keep you, dad, mom and family in prayer.

On the domestic front, that MG sure is a keeper, huh? (of course, his taste in women is better than his taste in paint colors, huh? \:D Well, I said he was a "keeper," not perfect ;\) )
(((((Jill)))))

I am so sorry you and your parents are going through this. It is great that you found some good home health care to help out Mom. That is SO important! I also recommend excellent self-care, which includes (maybe) massage, dinner out w/ friends, just a little time to walk by yourself...anything to put a break in the intensity of caring for someone with cancer. I have done it twice.

Praying for strength and humor for you all as you go through this difficult situation.

SG
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/27/08 03:31 AM
Thanks, everyone!!! I can't tell you how much your support means to me.

My bedroom looks gorgeous!!! And......the 2nd one will be finished on Fri so only 1 more to go!!! Now.....MG is thinking about buying the vacant lot next to us. He doesn't want to sell this house until the market picks up, but.......he's starting to show some interest in building a house on the lot if he ends up buying it. YIPPEE!!!
Oooh, I wonder who his architect's influencer is going to be...hint hint?

Can we say, dream home?
Love you Jillybean!

Here for you you know that

wanna see pics of the bedrooms!!!!
Hey Jill:

Almost no PC time lately but wanted to say hi before I leave for BC this morning. I am thinking about you and sending support and strength to cope with your dad's illness. 3 years ago today I was in the same situation with my mom - it is SO difficult. Hang in there and do as much as you can - you will never regret it.

Cool about your bedroom and that MG is helping you. I just got new bedding and changed the art in my room - what a difference even that makes!

Anyway, I'll hopefully be able to check on you while I'm away.

Hugs,

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/28/08 12:45 AM
Thanks, Barb, Karen & C2. Y'all are the bestest!!!

OK, my youngest bro is driving me crazy. He's such a negative, opinionated guy. He keeps saying things to me like, "YOU have to talk to mom about their will" YOU have to make sure that they won't lose all their money if my Dad goes into a nursing home, YOU have to force her to accept our gift of the babysitting service, YOU,have to talk to the doctor, YOU,have to make the parents understand that there's no hope and stop the chemo, YOU, yada yada yada. I want him to LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
My parents are not ready to accept that there's no hope, their will is all set, there's no chance they'll lose everything if he goes to a nursing home. I swear, he acts like everyone's stupid but him.

MG was laughing at me last night cuz while I was talking to bro, I was hitting my head against the wall repeatedly. Crimany, some people get crazy in a crisis!!!
Jilly,

I have to interject just one thought here. Something I put aside just special for when people are driving me that crazy and refuse to consider anything I have to say when they come to me whining.

There's a button on your phone that makes all the bad voices go away.

Just a thought.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/28/08 01:52 PM
Jilly Bean.

Your family is in my prayers.

I see it as your brother knows that YOU are the one that is smartest to make all these decisions.

His delivery of that is just sort of nutty.

Hope the head banging made you feel better. \:\)
Jilly
I'm sorry your brother made you a bit batty, Brothers do that.

I agree w/ Lissie, he knows you are the smart, orgnaized cookie of the bunch , and you are!!
but yes, he may need to deliver the request with a few pleases and what not. Its ok. I think he means well, hes, well hes a brother!
\:\)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/28/08 04:41 PM
Thanks Lissie & BH. I think he got my message that if I need his help, I'll ask. I finally just had to yell "stop" and he backed right off. He's actually the brother that I'm closest to because (in some ways) we're sooooo much alike. Same sense of humor, same hyperactivity level, etc. If he's mad, he'll get over it. I'm his favorite sis!!!
Hi Queenie,

Sorry to hear about your dad and glad to hear you went to see them. Also glad to hear your MG did things to help you out while you were gone. I swear Queenie, there are some great guys out here in the world. If only we'd known that sooner!

Anyway, I think you know my dad passed away 2 years ago this last April and my 2 Ohio sisters took care of him while he was sick. Of course I loved them before and would still, but I love them more because of their sacrifices. I get to see them tomorrow when my entire Ohio family comes down here to celebrate my boys graduation. We're going to have a 4-day party. And I'm ready.

But to me a brother is different. I can say whatever I want to a sister of mine and them to me, but I can't to my brothers. They don't get it like we do. I'm thinking about you and your dad, but especially your mom. She's the one who deserved the thoughts right now with all she's going through.

I'm sure your brother means well, but now is the time to love your dad, talk to your mom, and keep one another in the loop. Maybe you should tell him that. If he's a lot like you, he'll get it.

So sorry your dad is not doing well Queenie.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/28/08 10:54 PM
Happy, I'm so glad you stopped by and I really appreciate your advice. My bro "does" get it and he knows when he's pushed me too far. This is the bro I used to pay 10 cents to if he'd just "shut up" for 5 minutes!!!

Congrats on the boys graduating and hope your party is perfect!!!

And, yes, at this time, my focus is on my Mom. She's exhausted and I want her to stay healthy or we'll be taking care of 2 sick parents.

Thanks again, Happy.
Hi Jill!
Hey Queenie,

Never had a brother, but I do have a VERY talkative son!
He does get a bit annoying sometimes. We all know how to tune him out and not take it personally.

I hope you and your parents continue to get good support during this difficult time. I always recommend massages for dealing w/stress and self care!

SG
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 05/29/08 03:06 PM
morning Jilliness

sending strength and hugs your way
Quote:
.......he's starting to show some interest in building a house on the lot if he ends up buying it. YIPPEE!!!

What will this mean Jill? he will build a bigger house and sell the one he has now? or kinda extend it?
(Posted this on my thread and wanted to share with a a few others as well \:\) )

Happy Friday to you!

Expecting wonderous things today!! Birds are singing their praises, I still have my health and my kids love me unconditionally. Got food on the table, a roof over my head (for now) and I get to help people on my job on a daily basis, work with some loving and caring people...oh, and my Lakers won!

Indeed, it is a wonderful life!

Sincerely Yours,

George "C2H" Bailey
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 02:54 AM
C2, I expect wondrous things every day!!! And, today, the Redwings are gonna win it all!!!

OK, had to have "the talk" with my boss. On top of being her personal slave, she's decided to have me do all the accounting for our firm. I was trained on it all last Fri. \:\(

Sooooooo, I told her, I can do the accounting in 20 hrs per wk, or I can continue to be your slave for 20 hrs per wk, but I can't do both and I will not work more than 20 hrs.....period. I reminded her that when she hired me I was very firm about this and she agreed. She said she's amazed at how much I accomplish in that time and thought I wouldn't mind a few more hours.

WRONG!!! The accounting stuff will take at least 15 hrs per wk and that's if everything balances perfectly, which it won't because we're dealing with several different offices and several new managers.

She asked if I was going to resign and I said "I hope not." Sooooo, we'll see what she decides she wants me to do.

MG and I have been remodeling 3 bedrooms. This will complete the remodeling on our house. We have 1 left to go and it will be done in about 10 days. He's been wonderful about it!!! In the old days with X, it would take a miracle to get anything like this done. With MG, we actually enjoy doing it together. We are constantly laughing at each other.

However, he "will not" allow me to paint after watching me last week. I'm good with that because I hate to paint. I did paint an old metal bed that he somehow got from our state prison and it turned out great. It still had the hand cuff marks on it from when it was still in use at the prison. NO BETH, they are not from me using them!!!

MG bought a pop up camper and we're using it for the first time this coming weekend when we go kayaking. He's promised that we'll only sleep in it and still eat our meals out. But.....I noticed him putting pots and pans in it along with a small stove type thingy. I asked what we needed those for and his reply was "just in case." I'm thinking.....just in case we're the only ones left on the face of the earth and we can't find anyone in a restaurant to cook for us????

Life is good in Jillville.
Quote:
He's been wonderful about it!!! In the old days with X, it would take a miracle to get anything like this done. With MG, we actually enjoy doing it together. We are constantly laughing at each other.

I love this Jill! remimds me so much of B, we actually like doing projects together, sooo unlike ex, who hated doing anything like that, poopoo family stuff. Yuck lol

You'll have fun camping! and I cant wait to hear the stories!

Glad all is well in Jillville!
sneaking MG "just in case" my foot LOL! He's gonna make you a gormet meal in the great outdoors. So glad you are stretching and enjoying doing these kinds of things.

As for the prison bed, handcuffs etc...gonna leave the commenting to others with more debased minds (didn't say thoughts weren't flying around in this depraved mind of mine, just gonna let others do the actual commenting ;\) )

So glad life continues to be good. It is never perfect and there is pain but we must continue to live and you provide a good example of doing this. You go gurl!

btw way to stand your ground with the slave master! She's got a wonderful asset in you and she has been warned not to push it too far.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 10:30 AM
AWw Jilly. You and MG sound like a great team!

I love to read it, you sound great!

Have a great time!
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 02:26 PM
scrambled eggs and bacon is themost amazing thing when you are camping!!!!

try it
And of course that first cup of coffee, as the sun is streaking through the trees and the sounds of nature waking up...I would have to have a small stove and other gear just for that!

SG
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 02:35 PM
I forgot the coffee

in the camping coffee pot

with the smell of the outside
and
the quiet

and your hair all mussy and your face all shiny from the outside air

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Can't forget the COFFEE!?!

Yea Jill, as I recall from my youth, breakfast camping is really good! and its even better when someone else makes it! lol
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 05:11 PM
I'M NOT COOKING!!!!! And, coffee makes me hyper.
But....I'm all for breakfast before kayaking!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 05:15 PM
OK, got a msg from X this AM so I called him back. We have not talked in several months. His msg was basically, for me to drop the lawsuit against him to collect the rest of the money he owes me and he won't take me to court and prove that I actually owe him money. OK, buster, bring it on!!!

Ya know, in the old days, this would've had me reeling for weeks. Now, I feel........NOTHING!!! Not upset, angry, etc....NOTHING!!! Life is good.
Posted By: BethM Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 05:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHA......is he for real? WHAT A TOOL!

I just can't figure out why he would think that you weent to all of the expense and trouble of getting a lawyer and filing suit if you weren't serious and justified in doing so. What must he be smoking?

SHEESH!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 05:36 PM
Ya know, I was gonna go into great detail as to why he's going to prove that I owe him money but it's just not worth the space I'd waste to post it here. It has to do with paying for Kelsey's tuition and I have proof that I paid half so I'm not worried.

The unfortunate thing about this is that he explained it all to Kelsey (his version, of course) and she's very upset. Not with either of us, just the fact that we're still fighting. We never fought when we were all together and it's something she's not used to. My opinion, unfortunately, get used to it!!! I'm not giving up that kind of money. I'm willing to negotiatiate, somewhat, just so she doesn't have to testify but he isn't, so there you have it!!!!
well there is my good laugh for the day. What an idiot! glad this can make you laugh now! \:D
Posted By: fig Re: Put Another Dime In The Jukebox, Baby!!!! - 06/03/08 05:41 PM
bethie....heeehehehehehheheeeee...tool!!!!!

I love when people get called that

and

he really is one!!!
Hi Jill

It sounds to me like this is nothing more than a scare tactic... but I'm sure you already knew that...

but it seemed like a good excuse to drop in and say, hey.

Woo Hoo!
Quote:
he explained it all to Kelsey (his version, of course) and she's very upset

What a jerk he still is Queenie. Aren't you glad you're no longer married to him?

What makes these people so selfish? Why in the world would he choose to upset his only child? Too many questions and we'll probably never understand anyway.

Just tell your daughter you will no longer fight with him after you get what you're entitled to.

Keep fighting the good fight Queenie.
© DivorceBusting.com