Divorcebusting.com
Hey Guys and Gals !

We spend alot of time thinking about what is going on in our PD sitch's around here. Let's get over to the NC's section and do some good by sharing some of the thingys we have gone through.

There are some new threads there that have not received any or many responses.

Just me.

In other news.... there is a moose in the garage and the youngest just brought his laundry downstairs .

That is all.

Tom
Hi Tom
Good idea. That is what this bb is for. Will do in the evening a bit.
Tom,

I have posted over there recently, but my problem with it is that I just don't feel that I can encourage ppl to work on M's that are unhealthy. I know what it's like to live w/ someone who can't stand you, and I just want to say, "Get the heck out!" , which isn't what DB is all about. I have a feeling that a lot of us on this BB feel that way.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. If posters feel they can help, great!

N
Posted By: fig Re: Let's Not Forget About the Newcomers !, eh ? - 04/18/08 01:36 PM
Maybe we can suggest to the newcomers that instead of stopping there they find the appropriate stomping grounds, per say???

I have tried that

but it is sort of a ghost town over there

I have only recognized a couple of names when I have gone over there...

and

nic

i feel ya

I encourage them to do for themselves instead of saying anything about stayingor going...tellingthem to get healthy themselves will allow them to make a smart choice with what to do with their situation
I do try in S, dont' go much to NC, will give it a go.

I agree with nic, I see stbx on sooooo many Hs, the way the LBS are being lied to that I just want to say "dont' believe him! let him go!" which is NOT a good thing. Some people do have a horrible time letting go, and the truth is, it is another stage in the heck of separation/As, there is a time of denial that no matter what people are told they are just unable to comprehend.

I also feel a bit foolish, giving advice to people working on their Ms when mine didn't survive, albeit because my H is mentally ill, but nonetheless, I wonder if they think much when I suggest something.
I also encourage new comers to GAL and focus on themselves. I am big on the goal thing so I encourage that too.

Sometimes it just helps to have someone that has been on the boards for a while to even notice you. I know it helped me when I first jumped on.
Ok, Tom - was that post directed at the Canucks? I see half of the responses are from us in the Foreign cold white north - EH??? LOL!

I wanna know about the moose.

Last week I was driving home from the cottage and on the radio they told us to avoid Hwy 117 since a moose kept crossing back and forth and causing chaos. It was funny!

I used to always post to newbies. Now I'm not here too much. But I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Barb
Funny, there are times when I still feel like a newbie, so I don't think I'm ready, yet.
Well.. I suppose we are all still "newbies" when it comes to this stuff at any given time or place in time ?!

Hwy 117.. hmmm.. I dont think it was the same moose, eh ? Speaking of Canadian friends.. anyone see or hear from Chaflo or Wisis lately ?

Tom
Originally Posted By: fig
Maybe we can suggest to the newcomers that instead of stopping there they find the appropriate stomping grounds, per say???

I have tried that

but it is sort of a ghost town over there

I have only recognized a couple of names when I have gone over there...

and

nic

i feel ya

I encourage them to do for themselves instead of saying anything about stayingor going...tellingthem to get healthy themselves will allow them to make a smart choice with what to do with their situation

THanks for thinking of the Newcomers. Please encourage them to STAY on Newcomers.....and to stay SOLUTION ORIENTED.
Originally Posted By: Donna...Found
Funny, there are times when I still feel like a newbie, so I don't think I'm ready, yet.

Donna,

I appreciate that. You are 'where you are'.

The appropriate postings to newcomers are to encourage, support, tell what has worked for you and/or to point them to helpful places in Michele's work.

If things haven't been working for you....it's ok to share that, too, though. Say, hey...I've tried doing this, and I can tell you, it's a cheeseless tunnel.

But if you need to focus on your own situation....that's the best thing to do.

;\) peace and all good,
sg

The appropriate postings to newcomers are to encourage, support, tell what has worked for you and/or to point them to helpful places in Michele's work.

Hi Sg !

I hope you are having a good evening btw.. and yes that is sort of why I started this thread, eh ? I cannot imagine a worse feeling than being a NC and feeling alone on the DBB. That cannot be a good thing.

Tom
Hey AT. Took your advice/suggestion and dropped over to NC.
Lot's of reading over there, but did find someone I could make suggestions to, and did. The reading brought back some memories! of having been there , done that as they say. Of course back in those days I didn't realize I was dealing with someone that was more than just MLC, but for a few over there, they may find the same. That's sad, but I'll bite the tongue and let it play out over there. Given the time to do it, I may drop over there in the future as I don't have to hurtle through sub space for a couple of weeks.
So, did you get the youngsters over to Stan Hewett over Easter break?
I met up with my lady friend (at this age I just cannot use the term "girl friend")last evening as we were crossing paths
ripping through OH and she layed out her travel plans for us in '09 (in keeping with the Surviving the Big D theme). It was nice to hear about her thoughts and plans for next year, and her use of "us", "we", "our" in her sentences. Pretty simple terms/words, yet very powerful when you haven't heard them in a long time.
So, your car has been displaced and sitting out in the driveway or on the street because of the moose? Good weather has arrived so you don't have to worry about scraping snow and ice off the car in the AM before work. Of course we all want to know, if your feeding carrots, cabbages or what to said moose. Otherwise, I would suggest covering the shrubs in case it's looking for a snack.
You are sweet Tommy Pants.
Hey Tom, we're neighbours again and it's almost Webers season!
Are you referring to "Webers" burgers on Hwy 11? If so - it is now open on the weekends. I will be surprised if that's what you're talking about - but when Springtime and cottage season starts - I'm ready for Webers.

Barb
You pegged it, Barbie! Hey Tom, another Webers fan here...maybe she'll pay that burger bill you skipped out on last summer. Oops, that was our secret, sorry!
I LOVE Webers. My car automatically stops there enroute to the cottage. What brings you by there?

Barb (who might pick up the burger bill if she gets to sit outside in the sun)
Originally Posted By: whatisis
You pegged it, Barbie! Hey Tom, another Webers fan here...maybe she'll pay that burger bill you skipped out on last summer. Oops, that was our secret, sorry!

I plead the Canadian Fifth Amendment or whatever is similar, eh ?

Maybe after Webers we could all go to Ellwood Epps place and pick up a Moose Call ?

Tom
Originally Posted By: Lissie
You are sweet Tommy Pants.

Uh huh, what she said.

Very thoughtful AT, thanks for reminding us.
Hey guys, there's a group hug going on over at Amy C's thread in Separated. Parteeeee!
I think I just got one ?

You should get some larger wheels on the "Laundry Mobile" WI ? \:\)

Tom
Tom, forget the laundry hamper, I'm finding the elevator to be a much greener pasture. I've been chatting up this really nice Muslim lady lately...are they supposed to talk to guys? Hmm, I wonder if she drinks coffee? Ya think her husband might be able to tell me? OK, maybe it's back to the laundry room for me.
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Tom, forget the laundry hamper, I'm finding the elevator to be a much greener pasture. I've been chatting up this really nice Muslim lady lately...are they supposed to talk to guys? Hmm, I wonder if she drinks coffee? Ya think her husband might be able to tell me? OK, maybe it's back to the laundry room for me.

You know WI,

From what I know about you after nearly three years here .. YOU can probably be in any sort of relationship and if the shoe fits you would wear it ? I think you enjoy the cultural diversity thingy ? A lot...

You are very adaptive and go with the flow (no.. not that flow). I like that about you.

Get bigger wheels !

Tom
Hey, to survive 17 years with my W you have to be adaptive! Thanks for the kind words Tom.
Cheese and crackers Tom, I ask a couple of simple questions and you get distracted by the skirts/
Hmm.. What skirts there GB ? Just a warm and fuzzy feeing ! Good job on the NC thingy btw...

Okay.. sigh.. back to the shrubbery !

Tom
AT,

Just wanna say howdy from the land of BPD survivors! Hope all's going well in your world.
Tom: I can picture Elwood Epps but have never been there. What's the attraction?

Do you have a cottage in Ontario? I see you're from Akron. You must go by my neck of the woods enroute to the woods.

Can't wait to get back to mine. The lake is calling my name. Hope the ice is out. It wasn't last week.

Barb
Hi BH.. thanks for stopping in and visiting with me .. I appreciate that btw.. All is well here at the moment as the kids are in bed, finally.

I belong to a club here that owns a camp about 5.5 hours north of Toronto, BD. It is an awesome place to be.. Wolves, Bears, and , of course, Beavers.

I havent heard if the ice is yet or not there ? Probably is.. or is getting close by now ? You never know about the North, eh ?

Tom
© DivorceBusting.com