Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: inspiredjulie Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:15 AM
hey, I'm baaaaaack!!!
Thursday's Lullabye

So, life is going wonderfully. I am so glad to be where I am and so thankful for the blessings in my life. Thanks to my H and OW, my life is better that it ever was before. Someone would have been hard-pressed to convince me of that last year, but I really believe it. I'm so thankful to get this chance to have the life I want and be the person I want to be. Lucky, lucky me!!!

Kids are doing ok. D7 had to come home sick on Friday and they kids have been messy so I think we're working thru something. Hopefully it will pass thru our systems soon!

L submitted a settlement proposal to X last week. I guess if given the chance, I'd really try to let him know that I am trying to be fair and not trying to stick anything to him. It's a pretty fair proposal. A little skewed my way b/c he has such a great retirement in place and I have nada. So I hope he can really look at the numbers and see that and just get this done.

Not much else going on. Have some fun plans going on. Life is good. Girls are 'healthy' and family is precious.

Thanks to you all!

Julie
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:16 AM
Woo Hoo! First. Set me up a Royal Flush!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:19 AM
You got it girl! WTH, maybe I'll join ya! ;\)

Hope all is well, Suzy!
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:29 AM
Okay, now for an actual response. You sound good. I know how you feel. As much as I hate my family being torn apart, it gave me the chance to be me again. And I am happy with that. I hate that X had to lie and do all the things he did to me, but I am glad that his leaving freed me from his control and abuse.

I am so happy to hear you so happy!!!!!
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:29 AM
I had one of those for the first time last night.......yum!!!!!!1
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:31 AM
Quote:

Ditto, suzy... and it really does feel great to feel this way. Who'd a thunk??
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:41 AM
YOWZA!!! Can't think of anyone who deserves happiness more than you. Jooooolie, you sound great!!

Wouldn't our X's be surprised to find out how happy they made us by having A's??? It's all up from here, girlie!!!
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:53 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Ditto, suzy... and it really does feel great to feel this way. Who'd a thunk??

ITA Jules!!!!!

I still have my moments of sadness....like when D8 crawled on my lap on my b-day and said if he could have one witsh it would be to have his family back. No way that wasn't going to make me sad.

And I still deal with some anger. I think if X would admit that he had an affair (instead of spending the last year lying that they were just friends) and simply say he was sorry, I would be able to forgive easier. It is sooooo hard to forgive someone who says they have done nothing wrong and blames you for everything!!!!!

But 90% of the time I enjoy my new life and feel so very blessed. I would never go back to the extremely dysfunctional relationship we had. And he is someone I could never trust or respect again, so here we are. I have made so many positive changes in my life and am finally the person I used to be, fun and easygoing, not depressed, anxious and unhappy.
Posted By: koshka Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:58 AM
Nice spiffy thread you have here, Julie.

It's good to hear that things are going your way. Maybe your husband is getting tired of dragging this process out by now. Divorce is no picnic, but if it's going to happen anyway, getting out of limbo is a lot better than being stuck married to someone who's unfaithful.

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Kman Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 03:15 AM
Hello there-

What a terrific post - and you are absolutely right!

Remember - if he accepts the settlement without an argument, fantastic - but there's also a fair chance he will see it as miss Julie taking poor pitiful him for everything she can. Hopefully his desire to move on with his stupid life will win out, but you never know. Either way, I already know that you know not to fall for any BS he decides to spew.

But the bottom line is: Sooo glad to see your frame of mind, you are truly on the verge of being done with that chapter and writing YOUR new one. Keep it up, great things ahead!

Kev
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 12:48 PM
Hey Jules! Yep, you sound AWESOME - would not have expected anything less. You've always been a ray of sunshine here - keep shining! \:\)
Posted By: Tia Re: Comeback Thursday *DELETED* - 02/11/08 01:26 PM
Post deleted by sgctxok
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 03:18 PM
You sound fantastic Julie bug.

Have a great week you and those babies.
Posted By: forever21 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 04:00 PM
Good morning!

Miss Julie asked me to set the record straight here, as she probably won't be able to make it on again for a few days. There has NOT been any reconciliation between her and her STBX. Not sure where the confusion came from.

Jules.... SO tickled to see you where you're at. You go girl! Life is good!! You are shining!!!

Love, f21
Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 04:05 PM

thanks 21

I was feeling like a nutjob!!!!

Posted By: stubborn Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 04:21 PM
and your point would be?
Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 04:23 PM
well....

gosh....

now that I know I wasn't reading anything wrong....

i feel less nutjobbishness!!!
Posted By: stubborn Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 06:20 PM
yeah, that's the key "less nutjobish"...

just teasing.

yeah somebody misread something
Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 06:50 PM
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 07:42 PM
Julius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's married life? Oh, you're not? Sorry!

Glad to see that things are moving right along and that YOU ARE HAPPY!

So how long will you be occupied? f21 said that you wouldn't be around for a couple of days??? Maybe I should write about your life and keep everybody updated. I would only say the nicest things, of course. Well I'll comeback later. Right now I'm busy and I wouldn't want to leave anything out.

Listen up everyone........do I have STUFF to tell you!!!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: swashy Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 11:18 PM
Originally Posted By: BethM

Listen up everyone........do I have STUFF to tell you!!!
Spill it Bethie! Quick while she's not looking! ;\)

You sound great Jules. \:\)
Posted By: SallyM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 11:19 PM
I'm so glad things are going well. it gives me hope to hear that things can and do get better, even if they seem so bleak early on. hope I say the same thing next year.

good luck with the settlement!
Posted By: ford Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 11:24 PM
I heard Julie was a Cage fighter back in the 90's. and during the day she worked on Firetrucks.

could just be a rumor tho..
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 11:43 PM
Well OK Squishy you twisted my arm....

Now what I'm telling you is hush, hush, got it? Ok then....

Well beer guzzling, cigar smokin', jello wrestling Julie is dating a Priest. Ok "former" priest, whatever. She told him that she was a "former" nun. Yeah she was a nun alright.......Oh and the kids, well she's just watching them for her neighbor. They are planning a Vegas wedding and of course she asked me to stand up for her since I am so virginal and all.

Son't tell her that you heard it from me \:o
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 11:51 PM
Originally Posted By: ford
I heard Julie was a Cage fighter back in the 90's.

Is this the same as a GoGo dancer? Wow, joooolie, who'd of thought?? Your girls must be so proud.
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/11/08 11:59 PM
Well Ford, that was her OLD life. I'll take credit for getting her to stop dancing and into firefighting, but you know what they say, "you can take the girl out of tha cage but you can't take the cage....er uh you know what I mean.

The poor dear priest, what will he think if he should lift up the cushion on a chair only to find one of her old "costumes"?
Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 04:19 PM
Happy valentine's Day Cage fighter!!!!!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 05:17 PM
Lol... funny stuff here. Too bad I've been to busy to participate. \:\( And I'm supposed to be documenting my notes right now but am taking a mental health break. Thanks, fig!

Just got Xs response to my settlement offer. Not much in the way of surprises there. I just admit I feel icky.

Had a rough day yesterday... came out to a flat tire, had to call X to get D7 to school. Started to change my tire and like an idiot, I tossed the flat tire in the trunk before the donut was on so I knocked the car off the jack and had to start over. Much sweating and wheezing (cold-weather induced asthma) later I got the donut on, drove to the tire shop to have it repaired and risked my life running across the 4 lane hwy to my 8AM meeting. Came back out to find out the tire is shot so I had to spend almost $300 on TWO new tires. Ouch. So I'm a little stressed about that.

On a brighter note, I've promised my girls a trip to the Pacific NW this summer to go to the ocean and zoo and visit old friends and when I checked flights outta denver yesterday for July, they were amazingly cheap. So hopefully I can take advantage of that.

Work is good. Life is good. My house is a mess. And my stomach is in knots. I still know that this V-day beats last year's by a mile.

Julie

Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 05:23 PM
I just bought 4 new tires

it was a fiasco

thank goodness for tax money!!!
Posted By: ford Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 05:45 PM
happy v day julie.
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 07:13 PM
Hope today is a better one for you, Julie.

Happy Valentine's Day!
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 08:04 PM
Happy Valentine's Day Julius!

Honeymoon over so soon? Did you get the marriage annuled?

The Northwest sounds like a great vacation and the girls will love it. Between the beach and old friends you should have a great time. I've never been to the Northwest but it is on the radar.

Have a great day.

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 08:07 PM
Quote:
Work is good. Life is good. My house is a mess. And my stomach is in knots. I still know that this V-day beats last year's by a mile.

HUGSSSSSSSSSSS dear heart.

Happy love day to you and those babies.
Posted By: SallyM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 08:08 PM
(((HUGS))) and happy valentines day!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 08:34 PM
Thanks ford, trip, bethie, liss and SM... Happy V-day back atcha!

Got my work done so that feels good. Massage is in 30 minutes and I know that will feel good. Getting a little mindf*ck from the D-settlement stuff and that doesn't feel good. Gonna forget about it for the rest of the day.

I haven't been drinking, but I sure love you all!
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 08:39 PM

Quote:
I haven't been drinking, but I sure love you all!

Was that a dig? \:o
Posted By: forever21 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 09:34 PM
Good!!! Glad to hear you are getting a massage right now. Wish I could join you. Sure could use that or a drink right now... maybe both. But it is Valentine's Day... YAY!!!! Can't help but feel the love. Love YOU, girlie! \:\) Happy Valentine's Day!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 10:22 PM
Hey f21... you have a couple o minutes for gmail?
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 10:37 PM
Originally Posted By: inspiredjulie
I still know that this V-day beats last year's by a mile.
Well then... just wait until NEXT year!

Have a terrific one, Julie!
Posted By: sofaraway Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/14/08 11:43 PM
Hey Jules, happy valentines day.....

By the way, do not forget that you are entitled to half of the tax money when STBX files his taxes. You may want to have your L shoot a friendly little reminder over about that one. Could go a long ways towards recouping that $300 for the tires

Glad to hear you got some exercise this morning with the tires....maybe it's God's way of replacing those Yoga classes.

Ian
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/19/08 11:27 PM
How's it going, girl??
Posted By: galing Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/20/08 01:58 AM
love you!
Posted By: ford Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/20/08 02:15 AM
hey julie

call me when you get a sec.

i promise i won't sing into the phone.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/20/08 02:16 AM
Quote:
i promise i won't sing into the phone.

you sing?

lucky jules!
Posted By: ford Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/20/08 02:22 AM
rosie, I always sing to you!
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/20/08 02:43 PM
Posted By: sadeyez Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/20/08 04:40 PM
Hey Jewels...just stopping by to say hi and see how you're doing.

SE
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/20/08 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone for stopping by!!! I've been super-busy and I'll post soon!!!

Miss you all!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 12:52 AM
Helloooo friends. Sheesh, I have been MIA for almost a week now. I don't like that. I miss you guys!! I really need internet at home so when the babies are in bed, I can catch up. Soon...

Ian-
Quote:
By the way, do not forget that you are entitled to half of the tax money when STBX files his taxes

We actually are filing jointly this for 2007 since we aren't D'd, it sounded like the best alternative for both of us. But thanks for that reminder.
Quote:
Glad to hear you got some exercise this morning with the tires....maybe it's God's way of replacing those Yoga classes.

Good point. But what are you trying to say? ;\)

Hi Trip, it's going pretty well. Kids are still messy, not sure what that is about. Still working thru the settlement stuff w/ X. He called yesterday b/c he is tired of going thru the Ls and asked if we could get together and believe it or not, I was really looking forward to having a beer and going over it all to get this DONE but he forgot he has conferences so it didn't happen. I can't complain about my life. I have a new lease thanks to those two so I'm doing good. \:\) How are you, sweetie?

Little d... love you too! Happy birthday (a couple of days early!) Enjoy that bf. SOooo happy for you!

Ford... thanks, I'll give ya a call soon! But, please do sing. I need more entertainment in my life!

SE- thanks for stopping by, sweetie. It's so nice to have someone nice come on my thread rather than bethie spreading lies about me. Sheesh. Doesn't she know that you all are smart enough to get that when she says "uh, so I uh have this girlfriend who uh stands on the street corner..." she is really talking about herself???

I'm doing good, friends. Busy as hell. That's good. Trying to find my stability in life. I think I'm gonna be able to make this all work out just fine. Once again, thanks X and OW for this wonderful gift you've given me. And I ain't being sarcastic. Life is GOOD!!!

Had a nice convo w/ my C today. Basically I have too many walls up and need to let some feelings out. Yeah, like that isn't easier said than done for me. I'll just try to think about Bethie's fall from grace and hopefully that will inspire some tears. ;\)

Phew, I'm boring myself here. Catch up w/ ya later!

Julie
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 12:53 AM
Oh, and Rob... thanks for stopping by!

Julie
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 01:03 AM
Jooooliw, you'er never boring!!!

You sound wonderful and happy. Man, this journey starts out pretty rough but our survival instinct kicks in and we're better than ever. I'm really happy for you, girl.

And, yeah......you're pretty much on to Beth. ;\)
Posted By: sofaraway Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 01:48 AM
Quote:
Good point. But what are you trying to say?

Now don't go getting all female like on me woman....merely remembered that you were sad there would be no more yoga and though maybe you could put on a cape and change tires for folks to supplement and stay limber.........

Ian
Posted By: sadeyez Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 04:13 AM

SE- thanks for stopping by, sweetie. It's so nice to have someone nice come on my thread rather than bethie spreading lies about me. Sheesh. Doesn't she know that you all are smart enough to get that when she says "uh, so I uh have this girlfriend who uh stands on the street corner..." she is really talking about herself???

Hey Jewels. Oh boy, do I know about Beth and the lies she spreads! Complete fabrications, they are. She has a spot on the corner of Bump and Grind in Sleazaritaville. Everyone knows her by the callouses on the inside of her thighs from that stupid pole. I've tried to get her some help but she says she likes what she does. What can you do? So just ignore her.

I'm glad you're feeling good about life. It does feel good when you get to that point, doesn't it?

SE
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Had a nice convo w/ my C today. Basically I have too many walls up and need to let some feelings out. Yeah, like that isn't easier said than done for me.

One day at a time lovey. As long as you are moving forward. And you are.

You sound great.

Kiss those babies.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 10:52 PM
Quote:
Jooooliw, you'er never boring!!!

Awww, thanks, Jilly!

Quote:
You sound wonderful and happy. Man, this journey starts out pretty rough but our survival instinct kicks in and we're better than ever. I'm really happy for you, girl.

And, yeah......you're pretty much on to Beth

Thank you! I feel really wonderful and happy (most days). It is sooo hard to imagine when we start this journey that we'll truly feel ok if we end up where we are. Heck, I feel better than ok and soooo thankful that i'm moving on to bigger and better things.

You're life is great, too and I am happy for you, Ms Jill! Thanks for the insight on Bethie. Always nice to be validated. ;\)
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 10:55 PM
Ian--

Quote:
Now don't go getting all female like on me woman....merely remembered that you were sad there would be no more yoga and though maybe you could put on a cape and change tires for folks to supplement and stay limber.........

Ummm, thanks, I guess. I AM pretty proud that I can change a tire. Once when D7 was a baby, I made my sister time me to see how fast I could change my tire and a couple of men went by and didn't offer help... but there was an old man w/ a cane and a 10-year old boy walking by who offered help. Now that felt good! You should see me change a spark plug on a lawnmower. I'm unbeatable!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 10:57 PM
SE--

Quote:
She (bethie) has a spot on the corner of Bump and Grind in Sleazaritaville.

LMAO!!!

Quote:
Everyone knows her by the callouses on the inside of her thighs from that stupid pole

ROFLMAO!!! I'm feeling a little ill now... is that normal?

Quote:
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/21/08 10:58 PM
Hi Julius.............

I'm sending my love can you feel it? You weren't very nice to me but I will turn the other cheek because that's who I am!

So, where were we? You were being slanderous and pure evil and I was being Christian about the whole thing! Ahhhhh

You do sound happy and you will be happier still when this is over with and you know where you stand. Yup this is some crazy, life changing journey, but all for the better!

Love you,
Bethie
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/22/08 04:50 AM
Ok, I'm back. Scuse me... got called away urgently for work... Back to work people, nothing to see here.

Lissie...
Quote:
One day at a time lovey. As long as you are moving forward. And you are.

Thanks, Liss!

Quote:
You sound great

Ditto

Quote:
Kiss those babies

and ditto.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/22/08 04:53 AM
Quote:
I'm sending my love can you feel it? You weren't very nice to me but I will turn the other cheek because that's who I am!

Sooo glad there is an adult in the room. ;\)

Hi Bethie...
What, you ignoring me now? I really needed to talk to you today and where were you? Hmmm...?? That's what I thought.

Thanks for stopping by, friend!

Sooo... today was a rough-ish day. D7's conference was today and it was challenging to be there with X for various reasons. Don't really want to get into them here, but my mood was a little foul by the end (thanks, f21 for listening!!!)

Tomorrow is a new day. Just finished work and I've got to be on the road in 81/2 hours to start my marathon day tomorrow. Lucky me!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Julie
Posted By: Astimegoeson Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/22/08 05:03 AM
Well hello stranger. Hope you are well, you sound good. Busy can be good to!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/24/08 06:56 PM
Hi Tom!
Thanks for stopping by!

Weekend is mellow. Had a little too much to drink Friday night so I had a mini-hangover yesterday, but I really needed to blow off some steam.

Kids are doing well. My C gave me good advice for handling the meltdowns and so far they've been successfully handled. WOO HOO!

Took the ladies to get nails done yesterday - always a joy. D5 ALWAYS asks me how old she has to be to get a pedi. She just wants to sit in the big chair and soak her feet. There's no way her little feet would reach the basin, though and besides... $25, gasp!

Hope all is well. We are hanging in there in God's country. Life continues to be good!

Julie
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/24/08 09:04 PM
Awww ladies day at the nail salon. I love it.

The nail ladies here, only charge me 5 for when my D goes with me. Gosh, I can't believe that will charge full price.

You sound good. I hear ya on the mini hangover Um... had one today.

Have a great week lovey.
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/26/08 09:02 PM
Waiting for the nail tech here to get back from her vacation. Her sister sucks at doing my nails and she was left to run the salon. Yeah, my life is rough(said with sarcasm)

Anyhow, how's it going today Julie?
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/26/08 09:59 PM
Hey trip...

Overall, things are going well. Meet w/ X tomorrow to try to get this D settled. But today, things are frustratingly sh!tty. X and OW seem to be spreading rumors about my twin sister - OW is jealous of sis's friendship w/ another teacher (female) so they are saying they hope it isn't anything more than friends cuz they're awful close, wink wink jab jab. I guess if your relationship is born out of drama, you feel a little empty when the drama dies down so you have to create your own. This just makes me sick b/c if it weren't my sister, they probably wouldn't even be going there.

The irony is that as X was spreading falsehoods about my sister and her girlFRIEND, he had the audacity to say 'well, I just hope it doesn't break up two families'. Are you f'ing kidding me. WHat a tool.

Been a sh!tty day. I'm back to work. Sorry to be an energy drain, I'm just pissed.
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/26/08 10:19 PM
What an A$$!

That dude needs to mind his own and keep him and his OW's mouth shut. And...so what if your sis was involved with her friend. What is it to them??? Guess, those two must be bored and lonely.

Hope you get things settled soon. You don't need this hastle. No worries about any energy drain here. If you need to vent go right ahead.

Take care.
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/26/08 10:20 PM
Oh and FA will be in your neck of the woods in April. He could take care of those two for you!
Posted By: kml Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 01:53 AM
Quote:
he had the audacity to say 'well, I just hope it doesn't break up two families'. Are you f'ing kidding me. WHat a tool.

They don't even hear the words that are coming out of their mouths, do they?????????

Ellie
Posted By: galing Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 01:56 AM
Jules,

I got it now. Reading the story that way, it makes more sense. \:\) What an ass. All I can say, as a teacher in a school, is that I would think he was a BIG TOOL if he was saying anything like that about other teachers. Very professional. I'm sure his career is just blooming and hers too. It really says nothing about your sister and loads about the two of them and anyone with any brains knows that. Don't even let your blood pressure go up anymore from this... it's so not worthy of your time or energy. You and your sis get to control that those tools can't affect you and your good charma. I know you know all that but I just wanted to validate that you rock and I'm glad you are venting here. Go shake that ass!
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 02:13 AM
Originally Posted By: galing
Don't even let your blood pressure go up anymore from this... it's so not worthy of your time or energy. You and your sis get to control that...

When I left you, I was but a learner; now I am the Master.
- Darth GALing

Posted By: qoe100 Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 03:30 AM
Awww, Jooooolie, your X is a real di@k, isn't he!!!

Perhaps you could start a rumor that OW is actually a man?
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 03:36 AM
Good one, qoe!
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 03:52 AM
Quote:
The irony is that as X was spreading falsehoods about my sister and her girlFRIEND, he had the audacity to say 'well, I just hope it doesn't break up two families'. Are you f'ing kidding me. WHat a tool.

Wow, he definitely wins the biggest dumbass ever award!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Kman Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 03:55 AM
Hi Julie-

All sorts of comments came to mind but Dana summed it up sooo well. So I'll take a slightly different angle:

Think for a second about where you are and how things are going for you in your life right now as opposed to even 12 months ago. Back then you didn't know how you were going to make it financially, you had house worries, all sorts of unknowns. And you have taken every single challenge and grabbed it by the horns. You have basically reinvented yourself. I know you know this, because you've thanked X and OW for opening that door for you - and you are absolutely right!

Now, as I see it your X acts like an inconsiderate a$$ more often than not and probably always will to some degree or another, whether he realizes it or not - it doesn't really matter. So, this crap will probably surface from time to time. But ya know what - if you keep doing what you're doing, and those around you (in this case your sis) do the same, then like Dana said it will all basically blow over. So the key is to not let it affect you because really - it isn't worth your time; it's like an annoying bug that buzzes around your head, not really a danger or causing you pain but simply annoying. And eventually bugs go away-

However there is always plan B - The Wrath of Julie...which is not a bad option either should you choose to exercise it...

You are doing FANTASTIC

Keep up the good work

Kev
Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 02:35 PM
Julie

As a teacher, I understadn the frustration of having someone spread rumors about you...
(last year I was hauled in because a kid said I practiced witchcraft and killed someone!!!!)

but someone said it best when they said that it is a reflection on him instead of your sister.

he is a tardmonkey and people see that

it's pretty sad when people don't understand strong women friendships...his OW probably doesn't have many women friends...she doesn't get it

too bad for her

and if your sister needs some voodoo hex spells...let me know ;\)
Posted By: NikB Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 03:48 PM
(((Julie))))

OMG - I can't believe your X actually said that. No it's not worth more of your time but what a jerk. Yes, people will see that it is NOT about your sis whatsoever.

It's getting somewhat spring-like here and I was realizing that last year around this time you were just starting to put together that awesome GWO / GAL trip to San Diego. Wow how things have changed for all of us. You are doing so great - I'm really happy for you.
Posted By: stubborn Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 04:23 PM
"Tardmonkey"...Webster called and said to thank you for the new entry....he was thinking about this:
Tardmonkey: from the genus DivorcicusBustus, derivitive of "Fu@ktard", pertaining to one who has mangled his own life beyond recognition and now seeks to drag others down to his level"...

Whaddaya think? And besides, I'm dating Julie's sister so he's way off base! (and I know some people will NOT get the real HUMOR/IRONY in that, but, Jules, let's you and I enjoy it, shall we?)
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 04:44 PM
STUBBORN!!!

Where have you been sweetie? I sure hope that things are going well for you!

Julius,

What can I say? Twisted and heartless just don't do him justice. He needs to be called on this before it goes any further & sorry to say but I think that job will have to fall to you, unless you decide to let your sister in on it.

Hang in there Sweetie!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 02/27/08 04:46 PM
i love the dictionary entry

i love making up new words!!!

Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/04/08 12:56 AM
On the one hand, Julie: kind, generous, successful, centered, strong woman. On the other hand, XH: mean-spirited, lacking in confidence, follower, cheat, coward.

Who is the winner here? They will be seen for what they are. People who are like them will giggle and snicker, but the rest of you--most of you--will roll your eyes and wonder if XH and OW are ever going to mature past high school.

You're awesome, and that's all that matters. You can't control what anyone else does, says, or thinks; all you can control is you. You just keep on blazing your bright, happy trail!

SD
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/05/08 01:06 AM
Hey everyone... thanks for the support. I am soooo far behind on everyones' threads so I hope I haven't missed anything juicy or traumatic or such. Bethie will just have to fill me in as we know she is the board tramp.

Things have been crazy-busy here. Work is awesome. Kids are doing ok. Daycare lady gave me her notice yesterday, but i'm rolling with it. It's good to be Julie!

Had a convo w/ D7's school C yesterday... basically, D7 is talking about the D and was telling her C that her 'sister' is really mad at her dad for this all. Bums me out, of course. I kinda was hoping they would go thru blissful awe of their dad for the rest of their lives. Believe it or not, I didn't want them to see what I really see of their dad. Of course, I'm sure he would think that this is somehow my fault. In reality, OW's D13 is babysitting the girls more than she would like and hates it and D7 was even complaining about her. And she is pissed at her mom and even asked OW's X yesterday how long my X and her mom had been dating. Ouch. So I've no doubt there is no love lost there and D7 is hearing a lot from that poor kiddo.

Good things...
1. X and I agreed on a settlement. Just waiting on sigs and we'll be done. He even said to me that he thought I was extremely fair. He was scared to open the offer, but was pleasantly surprised. Writing this down for posterity as I'm sure that tune will change at some point. So, within a couple of weeks, I will be divorced.
2. Was treated to a fabulous sushi dinner last weekend. It was YUM!
3. The girls continue to amaze me with their skills and growth.
4. Work is fantastic.
5. Coworkers are wonderful.
6. Friends are top-notch
7. Going to Mexico in May
8. Taking the girls on vaca in July

So overall, I won't complain. Things are soooo much better than they were before and that I could have even imagined going thru this last year. Not only am I surviving, but I am THRIVING! Write it down, people!
Posted By: ford Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/05/08 01:28 AM
I'm writing it down, using my favorite crayon.

holla
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/06/08 03:14 PM
Hey ford, hope all is well on the eastern side of the state!

I had an interesting chat w/ D7 yesterday. Basically she thinks I'm dating OW's X. I had to tell her that I wasn't. She also made comments about telling her dad that OW's D13 is 'mean' to them when she babysits, but of course since D13 is so sweet when he's around, he doesn't believe her. So she asked me to believe her if she ever tells me something. Lovely.

My head is spinning a little with all of this processing by D7. It seems to be hitting me from all directions. Yesterday she also asked me if I 'ever thought about just saying sorry and putting things back together the way they were'. What was I supposed to say to that? I know I didn't handle that well.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/06/08 03:25 PM
Quote:
My head is spinning a little with all of this processing by D7. It seems to be hitting me from all directions. Yesterday she also asked me if I 'ever thought about just saying sorry and putting things back together the way they were'.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be so nice, if sorry, would just make things the way you wanted it sweetie?
I am sorry it can't.

But I can tell you sorry. Sorry, that all this stuff is so crazy sometimes.

But the wonderful part, is that none of this is your fault. PHEW.

Big people sometimes, just have to do what we have to do.

And sometimes it does not always make sense.

YOur dad and I love you very much. WE love you just the same, even tho we will not be living in the same house.

Ok.

So I don't want you to worry, about none of this stuff.

Good grief, I have no idea, if it will help or not, but it is the EXACT conversation i had with my D yesterday when she asked me the same thing

UGH.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Sweetie.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/06/08 04:05 PM
Wow, thanks Lissie... you're quick on your feet. I wasn't expecting this at all and just floundered around like a fish out of water. I must have done a bad job b/c i've blocked it out of my memory and can't even remember what I said. You handled it beautifully.

Some days I can be a super mom with all the right things to say. Yesterday was not one of them.

Have a great day!
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/06/08 04:11 PM
Hey Julie!

Good to see you here. Looks like you've got a lot of good and fun stuff coming up. I am sure you will be happy to get some R&R.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/06/08 04:58 PM
Hi Trip... I hope to, thanks. Good to see you around also!
Hope all is lovely w/ you!
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/06/08 05:08 PM
You know, "lovely" is a good word.
Posted By: MotherMovingOn Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/06/08 06:14 PM
From the first post on this thread...
Quote:
So, life is going wonderfully. I am so glad to be where I am and so thankful for the blessings in my life. Thanks to my H and OW, my life is better that it ever was before. Someone would have been hard-pressed to convince me of that last year, but I really believe it. I'm so thankful to get this chance to have the life I want and be the person I want to be. Lucky, lucky me!!!

Bravo Julie--you are awesome!
Althea
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/08/08 02:13 AM
Thanks, Althea for stopping by.

ANother busy/productive day... wanted to share a little funny. The other night, OW's X came over to help me measure for a sprinkler system and he brought D13. She wanted me to help her make a pie. The ended up staying for pizza and while D13 and my D7 were across the street getting the pizza, they saw X and OW drive by. So we chuckled that they probably can't figure out why we're hanging out. Sure enough, I got a text from OW's X today saying OW and my X are mad we're spending time together cuz they can't see what we would have in common. Ya think?

Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/08/08 02:20 AM
thats is hilarious!! WHy in the world do they care what you and OW's X do??? Oh well let them talk. Besides, you have a man that can be a friend and help you out with things. Nothing wrong with that!
Posted By: Astimegoeson Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/08/08 02:48 AM
That is funny Julie. Maybe you and OW's ex ought to play it up for all you can get out of it. Have some fun with it.

I really like the weird ways karma seems to show it's presence.
Posted By: kml Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/08/08 03:23 AM
Quote:
OW and my X are mad we're spending time together cuz they can't see what we would have in common.

I love it!!!!!

Of course, since they have each probably told the other how "awful" their LBS was....your ex can't imagine what you would see in her awful exH, and SHE can't imagine what her exH would see in horrible you!!!! Meanwhile, they're both seething with jealousy!!! \:\) \:\)

Ellie
Posted By: kml Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/08/08 03:24 AM
PS -
If you exH ever asks you to your face, just tell him "Oh, OW would know what I see in him! He's fantastic in bed!!!!" ;\)

Ellie
Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/09/08 07:38 PM
FUNNY! I guess my real question is why do they care? Glad you see it for the funny it is!

(And I love Ellie's response...zaps two ways...)

SD
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/11/08 08:05 PM
Lol... thanks for the funny support everyone. Yup, who knows. who cares.

Good to see you, Kim, Ellie, Tom and SD!
Posted By: ford Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/11/08 11:16 PM
Julie

have that guy park his car in your driveway for a night.

whoa nelly

give em sumtin to talk about..
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/16/08 07:37 PM
No kidding, ford!

Hope everyone is well. I've been busy at work. It's been an up and down weekend for me. On friday I had the horrible experience of running over a cat and then having to find the owners to contact them. By the time I left, I was a mess and had to go snuggle my cat. Then yesterday morning I took a header down my basement stairs. A few years ago, X took the railing off to do some project that never happened and the railing never was put back up. So I tumbled down, scared the hell outta myself and the cat and banged myself up pretty good. My butt is really sore today along w/ my back. Guess it was a real pain in the ass... ;\)

Had a great day yesterday. Met some coworkers at noon to start celebrating St Patty's day and we partied at a local watering hole til almost 5 then took a limo to the next party. I then met up w/ OM for a beer and brat before going to a girlfriend's St Patty's party. I walked in there about 30 minutes late (and believe me, I was blitzed by then) and so I stumbled in the door saying "woo hoo, I'm here" and everyone turned and looked at me and said "surprise"... so it took a minute for my drink-addled brain that everyone said surprise and that meant the party was for ME! They all knew that my D is about final so they had this party with some really strong supporters of mine. There was food and PRESENTS (I got new dishes and 400tc sheets and cool stuff) and MONEY!!!! I swear I got a couple hundred well-wishing dollars. Blows my mind!!!!!!!! It was the most amazing feeling.

So I'm feeling pretty good, even if I'm beaten and battered. ;\) Thank goodness I feel down the stairs BEFORE I started drinking (and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it, bethie)!!!

Gotta go get caught up on reports. Wish I had more time to keep up on my friends here!!!
Posted By: MotherMovingOn Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/16/08 08:07 PM
That is AWESOME!!

OMG, how lucky are you to have these fantastic friends!

I am so happy for you but sorry you ran over the cat, but proud of you for doing the right thing and telling the owners--very courageous and brave of you!

XO,
A
Posted By: MotherMovingOn Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/16/08 10:18 PM
And can I just say...

Quote:
A few years ago, X took the railing off to do some project that never happened and the railing never was put back up. So I tumbled down, scared the hell outta myself and the cat and banged myself up pretty good
...what a wiener!

My H used to do stuff like that too--I hated the unfinished projects or the unkept promises to do stuff.

And it's so interesting that you are friends with OW's ex. Was he hurt very badly by her? I tried really hard to track down the ex of Mitch's ow to no avail. I don't have the urge anymore, but it would be nice to hear his opinion of ow--or at least I thought I wanted that once. These days I can't really be bothered.

Love,
A

p.s. you really are an inspiration!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/16/08 11:03 PM
What a great group of friends! Glad you had fun! sorry about your fall. Thank goodness you were not hurt worse.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/16/08 11:08 PM
That is such a wonderful surprise (sniff) .

Sorry about the fall.

Glad you were able to have a wonderful time.
Posted By: fig Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/17/08 02:05 PM
Julie...I ALWAYS fall over stuff, down stuff,up stuff around stuff....

sorry aboutyour bum

but what a fun party

my friends took me out for drinks and bought the 1st round (notice I didn't say all the rounds....)

Happy St. Pat's day!!!
Posted By: SallyM Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/17/08 04:21 PM
oooh, sorry for the fall, but how awesome of your friends!!!!!! \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/17/08 06:10 PM
Glad you are okay with that fall. It could have been worse. Hope you get that railing up.

And... I need to get new friends. Sounds like you have some great ones.

Cheers, Julie!
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/17/08 06:28 PM
Originally Posted By: MotherMovingOn
And can I just say...
Quote:
A few years ago, X took the railing off to do some project that never happened and the railing never was put back up. So I tumbled down, scared the hell outta myself and the cat and banged myself up pretty good
...what a wiener!

My H used to do stuff like that too--I hated the unfinished projects or the unkept promises to do stuff.
Julie, While I do completely agree that X is a wiener - at this point, I'd say that the statute of limitations is over on that railing. It's your house now, not his. Don't spend one more second worrying about all the various things he did or didn't do - just take charge and get it fixed yourself. OK? \:\)

And you are one very fortunate person to have friends like that - as I am sure you know! What's more, the REASON that you have friends like that is the AWESOME kind of person that YOU are.
Posted By: sadeyez Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/18/08 02:30 PM
Hey Jewels...I hope your bum is feeling better by now. ;\) Sounds like you had quite a day partying lol. That was really awesome of your friends to do that for you. Do you remember if you had a good time or not?

Yeah, Beth will spread lies about you like wildfire. You have to stay one step ahead of her. Next thing you know she'll have a video of you up on you tube. \:D

SE
Posted By: inspiredjulie ! - 03/18/08 02:47 PM
Althea...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm SO lucky to have such great friends, you're right!

Quote:
And it's so interesting that you are friends with OW's ex. Was he hurt very badly by her?

He was. He's such a nice man. And it's great to have someone 'safe' to hang out w/. I know he feels the same way.

Take care of yourself. And thanks for calling me an inspiration... feels good.

Kym, Lissie, fig... thanks for stopping by chicas! Hope you had a great weekend!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/18/08 03:47 PM
Thanks M and Trip for stopping by and the well wishes!

Rob---

Somehow I always feel like you take my comments out of context or put spite where there isn't any... I had posted about there being no railing so that it would make more sense why I couldn't catch myself.

Quote:
Julie, While I do completely agree that X is a wiener - at this point, I'd say that the statute of limitations is over on that railing. It's your house now, not his. Don't spend one more second worrying about all the various things he did or didn't do - just take charge and get it fixed yourself. OK?

Trust me, things are being taken care of at my house... This is the first year the batteries have been change in the smoke detectors in 5 years. Also, my good friend (OW's X) is already planning on helping me get the railing put back up. I hope this doesn't come across as bitchy as I've always valued your support. A lot of the things I post here about X are for entertainment purposes cuz I can guarantee there are others here shaking their heads over the same things. So next time, please just laugh and shake your head and have some faith in me and some fun with my posts.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/18/08 03:51 PM
Heyya SE!

My bum still hurts like HELL!! I've been working thru the soreness with swimming this week so doing ok. My day of partying was great and yes, I do remember it... Don't confuse me for Bethie! ;\)

Quote:
Yeah, Beth will spread lies about you like wildfire. You have to stay one step ahead of her. Next thing you know she'll have a video of you up on you tube

Holy smokes, send me this link of you on youtube... that is what you were referencing, right? Bethie put some of your indiscretions on youtube??? That lady will stop at nothing to bring us down to her level... just watch now, she's going to come on here and make fun of me falling down the stairs to divert attention from herself.
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/18/08 04:44 PM

Quote:
Holy smokes, send me this link of you on youtube... that is what you were referencing, right? Bethie put some of your indiscretions on youtube??? That lady will stop at nothing to bring us down to her level... just watch now, she's going to come on here and make fun of me falling down the stairs to divert attention from herself.

Well Julius,

I have to say that I was very hurt when I read what you wrote about me making fun of your fall. With SE nothing surprises me, but I have been nothing but kind to you. Besides, what could I say? That I hope you don't have a brain injury from falling on it? Really, that's not who I am. Although, clearly there must be some connection though because this thread is rambling and incoherent. I just call 'em as I see 'em!

Oh and you should have ex over and ask him to fetch you a can of corn from the basement....I'm just sayin'!
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/18/08 04:49 PM
Rob---

Somehow I always feel like you take my comments out of context or put spite where there isn't any...
Hi Jules,

I really apologize if I came across as having anything less than complete faith and admiration for you and where your head is at these days. Not true!

Someone else said it well, you ARE an inspiration - your positive attitude, your strength, your sense of humor, your devotion to your girls.
I had posted about there being no railing so that it would make more sense why I couldn't catch myself.
Just to defend myself a little bit - then, why make a point of mentioning that it was X who took the railing down and never put it back up? (Ducks as objects are hurled across the room in my general direction) ;\)
Posted By: ford Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/18/08 05:11 PM
Julie

please, please make sure you don't fall down the steps again

unless the video camera is rolling!!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/18/08 05:17 PM
Ford...........

Thank you. I wouldn't want to be the only one crackin' on Julie!

After all she is national treasure according to everyone else. I am here to keep things in perspective and to keep her grounded! Yeah, that's it!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/19/08 05:36 PM
Bethie Bethie Bethie...

Blah Blah Blah

Yep, that sounds about right.

Happy hump day everyone. I book ended myself with work today so I am in the middle of a 7-hour break and I am current on notes so thought I'd say hello.

Life continues to be good. Had lunch twice this week with D7 and survived so that is a good thing. Not much exciting, definitely no falls down the stairs or anything of the such. Just being lazy. And chilling.

Work continues to reward and fulfill. Doesn't hurt that the 'bossman' bought me a laptop that I am currently using at the coffee shop. It's amazing how much my productivity has improved.

Have a great rest of the week and holiday weekend. Catch ya later!
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/19/08 05:39 PM
Glad all is well.

Laptop, eh? That's great, Julie.

What are your plans for Easter?
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/19/08 07:34 PM
Hey Trip...

Easter plans... hmmm... Well, it is my weekend with the girls so I'll have them. I emailed X to see if he wanted them some on Saturday to do his egg hunts. So the girls will get up, do the egg/candy hunt thru the house... we'll have Easter dinner at my mom's. And my sister who has been in rehab for about 7 weeks now is starting to get visitors every other weekend so that would be this Sunday and I'd like to take the girls to visit her.

Just another fun time! How 'bout you? FA still making that commute?
Posted By: Trip Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/19/08 07:42 PM
Sounds like a good Easter for you and the girls. Does your EX do the golden egg thing I have heard about?

How is your sister doing? I bet she is glad she gets visitors then?

Easter should be good here. At least, I am planning and hoping for it to be so. harried because I am not sure what will be up with my parents.

Yep, FA is still making the commute but that will be done here shortly. One reason is he got a house to move into and another is he is going on course here shortly.

I will miss him but not the 3:15 AM wake-ups!
Posted By: BethM Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/19/08 08:02 PM
Quote:
How's your Butt?:
Posted By: sadeyez Re: Comeback Thursday - 03/19/08 09:43 PM
Bethie Bethie Bethie...

Happy hump day

Oh Jewels, don't EVER mention that word to Bethie. Sets her right off in a tizzy and she heads for the nearest leg she can find, be it human or table. \:D

And about you wondering if she has a video of me on you tube...well, I'd never let her within 10 miles of me with a camcorder. Besides, I think she only makes videos of herself on that stupid pole. I hope her dvds start selling soon b/c she's always crying poverty.

SE
© DivorceBusting.com