Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: qoe100 Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 05:47 AM
So little time and so much to post!!!

My A is going after my X for the remainder of the money he owes me. I actually like this A a lot but she sure stinks at math!!!

My D has had a couple of meltdowns lately. Her BF called me at 3AM last week because she was crying and couldn't stop. He didn't know what to do. Seems she may need to have her thyroid meds upped a bit. She's usually so calm, rational and happy that this was a shock.

My job is still great!!! I am so lucky to have found something so perfect for me. I love handling projects. My latest is coordinating feeding 45 cops from MI and NY that are currently building a house in New Orleans for another cop that's been living in squalor since Katrina. His W was sent to Tx for temp housing and, lo and behold, had an A. Left her H with his handicapped S and D who was blinded during Katrina. Anyway, my boss, coordinated the effort to get the house built and I've been locating businesses, TV stations, newspapers in an effort to get food donated to feed the crew for a few weeks. I've never had a job that was so much fun and so rewarding.

Also, since I was hired by the company (vs working there thru a temp agency) I got a nice raise which I wasn't expecting. I am working more hours than I'd like but they understand that I won't do that once the weather gets nicer. As long as there's a foot or so of snow on the ground, I don't mind so much. And....my boss is so appreciative. She mentioned today that since I've been there, the tightness in her neck and shoulders has gone away. Course....I can no longer turn my head to the left.......

MG and I booked a cruise for Apr. This will be his first one. He's been hesitant to do much traveling. I told him that I was OK with that as long as he was OK with me traveling with others (and he is ok with that). He sort of thinks that vacations are a waste of money. HA!!!! I think they're entirely necessary. It's my reward to me for working hard, living a good clean wholesome life and being responsible. I need them to recharge.

So......my life is great in so many ways and I'm so darned happy. I wish this for everyone!!!
Posted By: koshka Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 05:47 AM
Guinness!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 05:53 AM
Joe, have you turned into an alchy or something? You've been first a lot lately!!! Coming right up for ya, bud!!!
Posted By: koshka Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 06:00 AM
Jill,

I'd go back and edit that first reply, but then....

I don't know what, but I'm making this reply separately.

Quote:
I love handling projects. My latest is coordinating feeding 45 cops from MI and NY that are currently building a house in New Orleans for another cop that's been living in squalor since Katrina. His W was sent to Tx for temp housing and, lo and behold, had an A. Left her H with his handicapped S and D who was blinded during Katrina.

You are doing a wonderful thing for this guy. It's appalling that his wife would
  • leave the kids;
  • have an affair
with him trying to help people.

I'm glad that you got a raise. It's always so much fun when you get used to a certain income and then start getting more money.

Enjoy the cruise. Where are you going? (Please don't say you're going to hit all the hottest ports in Ontario, Ohio, and New York!)

WTH am I doing awake at this hour?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: koshka Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 06:04 AM
Dang, Jill, I just noticed that you took the greatest thread title of all time.

Now I need to go somewhere and pout that I didn't think of it first.

Joe \:D
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 07:09 AM
Originally Posted By: koshka
Dang, Jill, I just noticed that you took the greatest thread title of all time.

Now I need to go somewhere and pout that I didn't think of it first.

Joe \:D

HAHA!!! I stole it from an email I got from SE.

Hey, I don't know why you're up at this hour but I've been entertaining a creepy plumber guy for the last 4 hrs. My washing machine backed up and dumped all the water in the tub. 4 hours and $495 later, it's all drained and life is good again!!!
Posted By: psluke Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 02:32 PM
Jill,

I just wanted to say I think it is awesome the way this job has worked out and all it sounds like you accomplish. Just the sort of person I always admire but would no way try to emulate!! I'm definitely the tortise and maybe occassionally the hare.

Have a great weekend. No alcohol for me since Joe beat me out!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/09/08 03:05 PM
Thanks, Pam!! I'm truly blessed that I've found something so perfect for me. It's challenging, yet, rewarding at the same time.
Jilly: You and MG will have a blast!! I wanna know the details. Which cruise. Where does it go? Stuff like that! Too bad we couldn't get our DB group together to go. I've got 2 trips that month already.

Have fun planning!

Barb
Hey my amazing friend \:\)

I love your life! it is NOT boring! lol

I hope K is ok. she will be. poor baby, its stressful for them, prob why R came home this weekend.

What a great time you guys will have on the cruise! MG will love it! I do recall you saying "if you did a certain thing, you wouldnt tell anyone and come back from a trip and of done it" hmmmmm. \:\)

Glad creepy plumber guy is gone, but too bad he left a creepy bill lol

I dont want alchy but i need coffee??? please
Good Morning!

I'll have a non-fat latte, please! It is the morning so I won't be drinking the Guinness just yet.

I am so envious of your job! I think I might go the temp agency route if this latest thing I applied for doesn't work out. The economy is pretty scary right now. Not a good time to be under-employed. Well, at least I bought my house before the bubble so my expenses are manageable. I know people who bought my exact same model and paid more than double what I did!

Take care,
SG
I've been thinking temp agencies a lot lately but the time I have to work is after my day job. I'm doing okay but back to putting too many monthly expenses on my credit card. I guess that isn't really doing okay is it?

I lucked out and found a flexible part-time evening job with an insurance agency who wants people to make phone calls. I can do that. It doesn't pay a lot but if I work four nights a week I can pay the electric, gas, sewer and water with cash.

GoYin changed the comp plan and I'm only netting about half of what I did before October. It pays for groceries and dog food, most months.

I keep hoping my ship comes in some day but with my luck I won't see it because it will arrive in the few hours I sleep. Yikes!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/10/08 01:38 PM
Hi SG & Glenda,
I really was lucky to find this job. I highly recommend the temp agency route. If you don't like some place they send you, just quit and say it wasn't a good fit. They don't hold it against you. This is the second time I've worked for a temp agency and both times they found me a job that I liked and I got hired by the actual agency.

When I talked to the mgr at the temp agency, she said "I know the perfect place for you!!" This was after I quit the customer service job at the bank after 2 days!!! It took about 2 wks for the interview to take place but I was hired on the spot. My boss had interviewd about 80 other people so, needless to say, I was flattered. I love working on projects and in this job I get to see them through from beginning to end. And, any project I take on is one less for my boss. She has a lot of responsibility.

Glenda, if your ship comes in, I really hope it's a "cruise" ship, cuz, girl, you need a vacation. BTW, a former co-worker of mine at DOD just retired and got a job on the QEII as a ballroom dance instructor for 6 mos. Now, THAT is the perfect job!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(referring to the thread title, not any content w/i, jsyk!)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/10/08 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: inspiredjulie
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(referring to the thread title, not any content w/i, jsyk!)

Hey Julie!!!!

BITE ME!!!! ;\)
Posted By: Lissie Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/10/08 08:48 PM
YOU sound so wonderful Jilly bean

I loved reading this thread. You have brought a smile to my face. I am so happy for you

and have a great Cruise mamma.

Is it to late for Booze?

I want a bloody Mary, b/c I have never tried one.

HUGS and a lick, oh yeah you get one
Quote:
BTW, a former co-worker of mine at DOD just retired and got a job on the QEII as a ballroom dance instructor for 6 mos. Now, THAT is the perfect job!!!!

Wow Queenie, what a change from the DOD to a ballroom dance instructor. I worked for the DOD a long time ago.
Quote:
I want a bloody Mary, b/c I have never tried one.

You haven't Lissie? quite tasty! You must like tomato juice tho! lol I can only handle 2 tops, a tad filling espeically if you start munching on the olives! ;\)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/10/08 09:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Lissie
HUGS and a lick, oh yeah you get one

I've been slimed!!!!

Lissie, I've worked hard for this life and I'm going to enjoy it because you never know what disaster is around the next corner.

Karen,
I had a margarita lunch with a GF the other day. Much to my dismay, I was loopy after just 2. Gotta start training for my cruise, otherwise, who will karoake?
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/10/08 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: HappyToday
Quote:
BTW, a former co-worker of mine at DOD just retired and got a job on the QEII as a ballroom dance instructor for 6 mos. Now, THAT is the perfect job!!!!

Wow Queenie, what a change from the DOD to a ballroom dance instructor. I worked for the DOD a long time ago.

Not a fun place to work, huh, Happy? Gotta say I hated working for the govt but I'm so glad I stuck it out cuz I got a pretty nice retirement that I can always count on and I got to retire YOUNG. Yes, I'm only 32!!

This co-worker has always been very musically talented. For years, he had a band and also had a very successful act with a partner. He started ballroom dancing a few years ago and has taught classes for awhile. He's never been married and is quite the player. This is a perfect set-up for him. Not so much for the lonely, single women, he'll be instructing onboard.
2 Jill??? FOR SHAME! FOR SHAME!

suck it up girl, start training!

Im no better though becoming a wimp, friday night had 2 glasses of wine and one shot of something and i was spent! had a headache all day yesterday. :oP
Posted By: Lissie Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/10/08 10:18 PM
sigh, the three of us are cheap drinking dates!

Speaking of cheap drinking dates, I was just at a function and played beer pong (never played it before) and I'm a little toasted after only playing one round.... sheesh.

Oh, and Jill...

Quote:
Hey Julie!!!!

BITE ME!!!!

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that to me. ;\)

Have a great week ladies!!! Feeling the bethie love tonight. Musta been the tequila (no, I didn't have any, just joshing ya).
Quote:

Maybe so but the experience of you three is more than money can buy.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/11/08 02:05 AM
Originally Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer
Quote:

Maybe so but the experience of you three is more than money can buy.

Uh, who you been talkin to, NH? I thought all my dirty little secrets were safe...... ;\)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 03:45 AM
Oy vay!!! I've hurt my back/shoulder/lung??? Don't know what it is but it hurts!!!

I HATE WINTER!!! I'm starting to go stir crazy. I wanna get outside and ride my bike and walk/run. Well, once my back/shoulder/lung thingy stops hurting!!!

Had to drive 3 hrs to get somewhere for a work related meeting last night. Usual drive is about 1 hr 20 min. Never went over 40mph the entire way. Snow, blowing, ice, big trucks in ditches all over the place. Have I mentioned I HATE WINTER!!!

Came home today to flowers, heart shaped cookies and card from MG. So sweet. I've been so busy, I'd completely forgotten about V-day tomorrow. So, gotta pick up something after work.

OK, my latest dilemma. I'm need to tell boss that I'm adamant about only working 20 hrs a week. That's what we agreed to when I was hired and it's slowly been creeping up every week. She keeps adding responsibilities to me which was why I spent last night driving in a snowstorm.

Geeze, this problem is so silly compared to cheating X, noncommunication, lies, etc.

Life is grand!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 03:49 AM
Hey, move South and the winters are much more bearable.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 03:51 AM
Hey!!! My D23 would love to move to SC after she graduates from college (about 12 more yrs in my estimate). If so, I'll be visiting her A LOT!!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 04:02 AM
Let's see 23 and still hasn't finished college. Yup, same as my GF's youngest son. Career college student, but he is a good kid.
Posted By: koshka Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 11:03 AM
Jill,

Quote:
I'm need to tell boss that I'm adamant about only working 20 hrs a week. That's what we agreed to when I was hired and it's slowly been creeping up every week. She keeps adding responsibilities to me which was why I spent last night driving in a snowstorm.

So tell her. She keeps giving you charges because she likes the work you do. It's her job to delegate and prioritize.

Fender,

Quote:
Let's see 23 and still hasn't finished college.

Hey, I didn't start college until I was 21, and didn't start full-time until the month before I turned 22. I was, umm, busy with my uhh, accumulation of life experiences, yeah that's the ticket!

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Joe
Posted By: Fender Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: koshka
Jill,

Quote:
I'm need to tell boss that I'm adamant about only working 20 hrs a week. That's what we agreed to when I was hired and it's slowly been creeping up every week. She keeps adding responsibilities to me which was why I spent last night driving in a snowstorm.

So tell her. She keeps giving you charges because she likes the work you do. It's her job to delegate and prioritize.

Fender,

Quote:
Let's see 23 and still hasn't finished college.

Hey, I didn't start college until I was 21, and didn't start full-time until the month before I turned 22. I was, umm, busy with my uhh, accumulation of life experiences, yeah that's the ticket!

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Joe

Hey, I am 45 and haven't finished yet but I did manage to squeeze a 26yr career in the Air Force in there too!
Hey Jilly...

Sorry to hear about your back/shoulder/lung thing. I jacked up my neck and shoulder while I was changing my tire yesterday morning and I was not a happy camper yesterday. Good thing is I already have a massage scheduled today so I hope to be feeling better soon! GET A MASSAGE!!

MG sounds soooo swell!!! ;\) Glad you have someone treating you the way you deserve!

Julie
Posted By: Lissie Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 07:09 PM
Quote:
Came home today to flowers, heart shaped cookies and card from MG. So sweet. I've been so busy, I'd completely forgotten about V-day tomorrow. So, gotta pick up something after work.

Awww (sniff) sooo what did you get MG? Ooooops may be to top secret

I hope you are feeling better Jilly Bean.

Have a great day .
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/14/08 08:12 PM
Happy Valentine's Day Queenie!

You had better be planning something pretty big for MG since he was so sweet to you in spite of how you are.

Julius is right. A massage might really do the trick, well if it's muscular anyway. I wish I lived closer. It would be my pleasure to give you one of my WWF massages. You'd forget about your back in no time!

Love,
Bethie
Omg, lol ladies!
Jill,
I just gotta say I love the title.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/19/08 02:50 AM
[quote=BethMI wish I lived closer. It would be my pleasure to give you one of my WWF massages. You'd forget about your back in no time![/quote]

Um, Beth, I've heard about your massages and, to be honest, I usually get them for free.....

Hi All!!!!
Ummm - we're having a Group Massage? Call me! Count me in! Let's do lunch!

Soooo.... how about moving the party down here? You would NOT regret it.

Miss you girlies!

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/20/08 03:08 AM
Barb, I'd love to be there!!! It's about 7deg here with a windchill making it about 10 below!!! YUCK!!!

However, in spite of the crappy weather, went for a martini dinner w/BF. I have a nice little martini buzz going.....She's the one that has the "out of control" D17. Oy vay, what a mess. In spite of everything, MY BF, who has a very high power job is handling it the best she can.

WOW, listening to her sure made me appreciate my D, who I've always said was the easiest kid in the world to raise.

Tomorrow, I spend the day in class. Hateithateithate!!! I cannot sit still for more than 5 minutes, let alone 8 hrs!!!

MG and I had our first fight in over a year Sun. WOW!!! It was interesting and enlightening. He must really love me cuz I was being a total idiot. I know that will shock y'all.

Off to bed so I can get up before daylight and drive for an hour in a blizzard to my class....BLAH!!!!
Originally Posted By: BethM
Happy Valentine's Day Queenie!

It would be my pleasure to give you one of my WWF massages. You'd forget about your back in no time!

Love,
Bethie

Ok, I give. Is that a Wild Worldlife Federation massage?
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 02:53 AM
Hello Everyone,
OK, I gotta say it, I just can't take it anymore, if it doesn't start warming up, I'm gonna do something drastic!!!!

I'm sooooo tired of being cold, having chafed skin, wearing tons of clothes, slogging around in boots and scraping snow off my windshield!!!

This seems like the longest damned winter of my life!!!

All you Cali and FL peeps.....don't worry for a second about us northerners. Keep right on wearing your sandals, having your BBQs, driving with your windows down. HMMMMPH!!!! I haven't seen the sun in 4 months!!!!

Posted By: Fender Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 03:59 AM
It was 71 here on Sunday. GF, D12 and I BBQ'd some chicken quarters and sat by the pool enjoying the day. LOL
I am feeling some empathy. We have had freezing rain, snow, more snow, freezing rain. I was so practicing my balance tonight trying to maneuver up my driveway to the door without falling and breaking anything. I finally made it only to discover I left my house keys in the car!

I'm not too happy about daylight savings time starting on March 9 either. If we have it from the beginning of March until November -- why not just spring forward and stay there?
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 11:22 AM
Awwww, Glenda, you're the only one here that can make me feel guilty for whining about the weather!!!

Fender.......uh, bite me!!!!

Well good news Jill, it was much warmer here in NW Minesota yesterday and it seems Michigan usually gets our weather a day or two later so I'm thinking you should see a warm up by this afternoon.

I'm with you, it does seem like this winter has been longer than normal.
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 03:16 PM
it has seemed super long

this no sun crap can bit my azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Quote:
All you Cali and FL peeps.....don't worry for a second about us northerners. Keep right on wearing your sandals, having your BBQs, driving with your windows down. HMMMMPH!!!! I haven't seen the sun in 4 months!!!!

MOVEEEEE

Its been raining here all flippin week and will continue thru the weekend. So not so rosy here, maybe FL is better???
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 07:33 PM
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS

MOVEEEEE

Its been raining here all flippin week and will continue thru the weekend. So not so rosy here, maybe FL is better???

Pleeeeze, could someone hand me a tissue?? ;\)
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 08:01 PM
I enjoy everyday just as God hands it to me!
Quote:
I enjoy everyday just as God hands it to me!

Bhahhahaa well excusssseee us Ms. Pollyanna
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 08:16 PM
They don't call me "Sunshine" for nothin' ya' know!

Your time would be much better spent following my example instead of biatching and moaning!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/22/08 08:21 PM
i kind of peed laughing so hard

bethie

you have to tell me when you are going to do your standup routine so I can prepare myself!!!!
She's a real pip alright, I still have her VM on my phone,

" I'm sorry, no I'm not ya B****"
LOL thats our Bethie
Posted By: psluke Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/23/08 02:41 PM
Hey K I'll take some of your rain to wash all this ice away! But only if you send me warm enough weather for it to BE rain when it gets here and not this freezing, sleeting cr*P@!!

Hope you are finding something fun to do on a rainy day.
Well lo and behold the sun is shinnin!!
not for long tho, so i hear , gonna pour on the stars at the Oscars, gonna go enjoy it though today

B is on his way over and we may go take a drive w/ the top down!! oh wait, he dosnt have a convertible, thats ex, damn!! \:\)

Opps sorry for the hijack Jilly bean Have a great weekend!
The sun is shining here too Karen. It's going to be 70 and sunny today and I'm going to get outside for a while and do some long-needed yard work.

I can't wait for spring.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/25/08 11:54 PM
Hello, happy campers!!!

I've spent the entire week celebrating my BD. Went to lunch or dinner most every day and didn't have a single drink....zilch, nil, nada, zip, not even one!!! Just wasn't in the mood....plus, I'd love to lose 10 lbs before my cruise!!!

Soooooo, when we last left Jillville, the weather was really getting our girl down. Since then, the SUN's actually been out for a couple of days. Still cold, but bright and shiny with lots of mud.

My A emailed me today and is setting up a hearing in regards to X still owing me money. YIPPEE DIPPY!!! It will be a real treat to hear the judge tell X to "GET A FLIPPIN JOB" so you can pay off that lovely woman to whom you were formerly married!!!

So, that's it, in a nutshell, in my boring little ole life!!!

Hope everyone has a great week.
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/26/08 12:35 AM
So, do you really think the judge will refer to you as a "lovely woman"? I mean really? I can think of a lot of things he might say and that wouldn't have been one of them! \:\)

Anyhoo, I forgot your cruise was coming up. Well that gives you something to look forward to. The good weather is just around the corner so your days dealing with winter depression are numbered.

Good luck on staying clean and sober. Once you're on the ship I'm sure you'll make up fpr lost time!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/26/08 03:23 AM
Originally Posted By: BethM
So, do you really think the judge will refer to you as a "lovely woman"? I mean really? I can think of a lot of things he might say and that wouldn't have been one of them! \:\)

You're so right!!! He could also refer to me as "that astounding woman." Or, perhaps, "that magnificent woman." Then, there's always, "that wondrous woman." Bottom line, he can call me anything he wants as long as he gets me my money!!!
Quote:
So, do you really think the judge will refer to you as a "lovely woman"? I mean really? I can think of a lot of things he might say and that wouldn't have been one of them!

LOL girls, girls PLAY NICE!!
pretty funny tho Beth! lol

Hope you get your money Jill this has gone on too long and it must be stopped!!

I am so excited about your cruise,just think of the gifts you will be bringing back for me!!! yippie!!!

Posted By: psluke Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/26/08 12:04 PM
Jill is bringing back gifts from her cruise???????

Here I thought she was just going to get away from cold, damp and yucky to bask in the sunshine and have a wonderful time!!!

Good luck with the judge Jill. \:\)
Hey! don't listen to Karen, I haven't seen a good cat fight in ages!

I've already got the pit filled with jello and my ringside chair reserved. Let-er-rip girls! Woo Hoo!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/26/08 02:55 PM
my momis going on a cruise too

maybe you will be on the same one

don't listen to any stories she says about me
More of a cougar fight at their ages All
Jilly Bean - Did I miss your birthday? That sucks! I'm sorry.

Happy Belated Birthday. So - you're 35 now? Wow - cool - someday I will be that old too!

When is your cruise? I'll bet you're excited. I LOVE cruises!

Hope you get your $ without paying your A too much.

Happy Happy Week!

Love Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/27/08 11:01 AM
Thanks Barb!!! I saw on your thread where you and Josh are planning a cruise to Australia. My "dream" trip is Greece!! I've promised my BF that when my house sells, that's our next destination. However, Australia is also on my list.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/27/08 11:02 AM
Originally Posted By: psluke
Jill is bringing back gifts from her cruise???????

Here I thought she was just going to get away from cold, damp and yucky to bask in the sunshine and have a wonderful time!!!

Good luck with the judge Jill. \:\)

You got it, Pam!!! I will be basking in the sun A LOT!!! I'm sooooo sick of winter and I know you must be too.
Posted By: psluke Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/27/08 11:18 AM
Quote:
I will be basking in the sun A LOT!!! I'm sooooo sick of winter and I know you must be too.
I am sick of it!!!

Please send us some sunshine from your cruise or just bring it back with you!
Jill: Yes, Australia is my dream destination. I'd also love to have Josh show me around New Zealand where he spent a month touring by bicycle! My dream trip, though, would include at least a few days, preferably a week, enroute to or after the trip in Hawaii. I have been 3 times with Chuck, twice with the kids and I adore it - especially Maui. It would be the logical stopover place, perhaps doing one island on the way, one on the back. Then I could show him what I have seen too. He has only been to the airport in Hononlulu.

When do you leave, where do you go etc? I'm having trouble catching up and probably will be offline again after today.

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/27/08 11:40 PM
My trip isn't until Apr. I'm going to San Juan, St Thomas, Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St Kitts & Dominica. A new port every day!!! I love those kind rather than the "at sea" days. MG plans on doing some scuba diving and I'm planning on lots of snorkeling and shopping and drinking and shopping and sunbathing and shopping!!!

Apr seems sooooo faaaarrrrrr awaaaaaaay!!! (insert whiney, sniveling, grouchy smiley here)
Oh stop whinning!!!

Wow that felt good! lol

It will be here before you know it!
pretty cool your boss will let you off since you JUST STARTED!!!

Jill
My throat is still scratchy , any sympathy yet???? \:\)
Jilly: Sounds LOVERLY!

I'm not so good on those "At Sea" days myself. Your trip will be great. And a good R test if you know what I mean.

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 01:58 AM
My throat is still scratchy , any sympathy yet???? \:\)

You're throat's scratchy while you sit there in your 75 deg weather whining???

Would someone please bring me a tissue?? This is the saddest thing I've ever heard!!!

Barb,
I've been on this exact cruise before and it's wonderful. MG and I went to Puerto Vallarta for a week in May and we had a great time. He's a happy traveler!!!
Quote:
Would someone please bring me a tissue?? This is the saddest thing I've ever heard!!!

LOLOL
sooo is that a no???
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 01:50 PM
Originally Posted By: qoe100
[quote=KarenMarieS]My throat is still scratchy , any sympathy yet???? \:\)

and you want sympathy? Didn't I warn you about that? Did you listen? Obviously not!!!!!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 03:14 PM
apple juice Karen

just sayin ;\)
ewww dont care for apple juice, OJ?? coffee??
how about a hot toddie \:\)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 06:22 PM
My bio Dad used to make us kids some type of concoction that tasted really good but had whiskey in it. Yup, all 4 of us would sleep for about 3 days every time we got sick!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 07:06 PM
Yes, I now understand. I think all of that booze at such a young age might have caused some brain damage!
Ha!
funny tho Jill Bob gave me something last year when i had a bad cold, said it was something his mom would make for him and his bro when they were sick lol
Whiskey cut w/ water, lemon/honey, called it a toddie not sure tho
sounds good right now
soothing,,,,warm,,,,,,,,,,,, a lot like the sympathy I DONT GET HERE!!! \:\) ;\)
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 08:47 PM
that is a toddie

you had a hot toddie

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 08:49 PM
Oh I am so sorry! Do I not come across as sympathetic? I wish you could hear the angst in my voice (hahaha get it angst!! Who would talks like that??? Oh yeah Elizabeth Barrett Browning no one in this lifetime!)

When you hurt I hurt.....how's that? Sounds good to me! ;\)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 09:23 PM
Karen!!! Stop being such a baby!!! Sheesh!!!

Beth, how very very nice to hear from you......NOT!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 10:05 PM
WOOWOO!!! Just got an email from my A. The hearing to get X to finish paying me off is Oct 10!!! I replied to A, asking what would happen if X didn't show up, which is what I expect. Honestly, he probably won't even open his mail between now and then.

This, unfortunately, is going to get ugly. Especially, "if" our D has to testify that she has no interest or money and doesn't even work in the coffee shop......YUCK!!!! Hopefully, he loves our D enough not to put her through that.
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 10:15 PM
You've got to be kidding me. Not on the docket until October? Man, that's crazy!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/28/08 10:34 PM
Cripes, can't believe I put Oct!!! No, it's MAR 10!!!

Karen's constant sniveling about her sniffles has messed with my head.
Jill
you are sympathetically challenged!!!!!
they do have 12 step programs for that ya know!!!
Quote:
funny tho Jill Bob gave me something

Do we have a new member here? Who's Jill Bob? Is that a girl or a boy?
Hahaa yea Happy, he was the secret love child of the Waltons \:\)
Yea I'd be interested in knowing what IF he dosnt pay up by then? He hasnt so far!
but then again Jilly, Oct 10th is a LONG WAYS AWAY!
ha ha ha ;oP
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/29/08 02:13 AM
Yea I'd be interested in knowing what IF he dosnt pay up by then? He hasnt so far!
but then again Jilly, Oct 10th is a LONG WAYS AWAY!
ha ha ha ;oP

Wellllll, FYI, I'm thinking that if he disobeys a judge's order that he can go to jail. Now, to be honest, I would not be happy about that because our D would be really upset.

Here's the deal......the business is in bimbette's and our D's name. Our D has no interest, money or anything else in it. It was just a way for him to not lose it in the event that he had to file bankruptcy after closing his employment agency. He "does" work at the coffee shop but does not draw a paycheck. Soooo, I'm thinking the judge will tell him to get a job so he can pay me. In that case, I think he'll "suddenly" become an employee at the shop making minimum wage which will most likely be garnished and I'll get a pittance weekly. However, once this goes before a judge, in the event that he files bankruptcy, the money he owes me is nondischargeable which means he "cannot" get out of paying me if it takes him the rest of his sorry life. Basically, I'll be first in line for any money he has rather than any creditors.

Thing is, I'm not out to get him. I have no ill feelings towards him at this point. I just want what we agreed to in our D, which was HALF!!! I'm sorry that he's lost/spent his HALF, but dammit, I want mine.
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/29/08 02:06 PM
I just keep tabulating up LSS's stuff

now I can add insurance premiums to the list

I will take him to small claims court when I have time

he will have a judgement against him that can't be erased if he files bankruptcy

he is a tard

i am gorgeous

(and I hear you Jill...I want mine too!!!! Maybe we can start some sort of enforcement agency!!! ;\) )
Hey
Whats going on over at the MLC board, a few posters are being banned? or their past posts have been deleted? Guess a few are not happy w/ the mods, and I never remember the mods visiting when I was there, wonder why the change?

Think they will come here? oh man, with Bethies mouth we are bound to be in trouble!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 02/29/08 11:08 PM
Karen,
It's not only the MLC forum, but also the Sex Starved Marriage forum. I'm thinking it's going to be spreading to all the forums before long.

Yes, a lot of peeps in those 2 forums have been kicked off/banned. No one really knows why in spite of emails to the moderators asking the reason. The gist of it is that the peeps that are banned have started posting on another site. I know of the site and you have to be invited to join.

Remember when sgtxwhatever deleted one of our threads here??? It's just the beginning.......
I noticed a few weeks ago the mods were getting much more active in posting over in the mlc forum but didn't see the rest, there is only one person I am following around there and I don't know who posted to what.

Jill as for your d being involved in the biz deal it sounds shady on the part of the owners but I am probably wrong. Wonder
I haven't been online much but did go to the MLC forum this morning and thought it strange I didn't really recognize any names. But then - many had moved over here in the past few months. Hmmm...

Michelle has emailed me on a few occasions but nothing bad. She has been quite friendly, supportive and familiar. Encouraged me to keep posting positives. I think she liked the Lemonade Stand. But that's it. I haven't had much interaction with any of the moderators. Wonder what's up? Wonder what was written? Don't have time to find out though.

Barb
you've had great posts...this is a great forum...you all are wonderful.
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/01/08 02:19 AM
But I'm the most wonderful right sg? ;\)
sgctxok:

On behalf of my friends and I, I'm sure they would agree that we don't know what would have happened if we hadn't had the bb. It was a Godsend then and is more like a "Cheers" to me now. I care about the people who are here - then, now, always.

Thanks for the bb.

Cheers to you!

Barb
Quote:
But I'm the most wonderful right sg?

Hey Bethie
Didn't I vote you as my loudest friend??

Thanks sg, i dont know what I would of done without this board the last 5 y rs, it was a emotional lifesaver!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/01/08 07:10 PM
Bethie...aren't you everyone's favorite
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/02/08 12:07 AM
Originally Posted By: fig
Bethie...aren't you everyone's favorite

Uh, NOOOOOO!!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/02/08 12:35 AM
Originally Posted By: qoe100
[quote=fig]Bethie...aren't you everyone's favorite

Quote:
Uh, NOOOOOO!!!!

JEALOUS????????
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 12:53 AM
YIKES!!! I just read the papers that I'd received from my A last week. They say, that "I" want half his business or for his house to be sold and the proceeds to go to me.......

I AM NOT looking forward to this. Why can't these X's just do the right thing???
Queenie,

He made a deal and is now reneging on that deal. Yes, you do want that because that is the only thing he will listen to.

Being nice at this point gets you nowhere. He made a deal. He's trying to get out of it. So let him eat cake.
Posted By: Fender Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 04:02 AM
I agree with HT.
How is your project in NO doing?
One of my Sailors was a New Orleans Detective in civilian life. Had some real interesting stories.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 05:23 AM
Welllll, Cops Helping Cops (from MI and NY) built the NO cop a house in 5 days!!! It was amazing and he was so grateful. He'd been living in a shell of a place that had formally been a rental that he and his W had. After Katrina, they moved her and their kids temporarily to TX, where she had an A. He had to stay in NO and do his cop duties. When she came back he gave her the permanent home and he lived in the rental. He had no running water and one lightbult hanging from the ceiling that lit the entire place. His kids couldn't spend weekends with him because the place was a wreck and unsafe. Now they're spending every weekend with him. He has 3 kids. A teenage girl that was blinded in one eye from a drive by shooting, a mentally handicapped son and also a 16 yo son.

It was featured on America's Most Wanted about a week ago. My boss met John Walsh and the NO cop. We (meaning, my boss and our company) provided all the food for the 45 cops building the new house. We got churches, restaurants, cafeterias and monetary donations from businesses to supply a lot of the food and furniture and appliances for his home.

I called some reporters in the area who will be interviewing my boss and publishing her story and pics of the entire shindig!!!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 02:11 PM
Way to go!!!!

um.......

I did laundry!!!!

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 06:18 PM
Fabulous news!!! I got an offer on my house!!! YIPPEE!!!

I've lowered it 33K since it first went on the market a year ago. At this point, I just want out from under it!!! I should know by tomorrow if she accepted my counter offer.

Wish me luck everyone!!!! If it goes through I have to have my furniture out by the end of the month.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 06:19 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 06:42 PM
woot woot
good luck!!!

;\)
Oh Jill!

That is wonderful news! I remember how I felt when my house deal fell through 2 years ago - UGH! I am hopeful for you and will keep you in my prayers tonight.

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 06:49 PM
Thanks girls!!!

The good news is that I promised my BF that when my house sold I'd go to Greece with her!!! She'll be ecstatic too!!!!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 06:50 PM
um

can you bring me too????

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: fig
um

can you bring me too????

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

No, but I'll bring you a present just like what I'm bring Karen back from my cruise!!! How's that?
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 07:46 PM
saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

I love gifts

as long as they are relatively cheap otherwise I feel pressure to reciprocate!!!

like shells and sand in a jar would be cool!!!

or a rock

i like people to bring me back rocks and then I write from where with a sharpie marker and put them in my garden
Hi Jill....

You finally burried a St. Urho statue in the yard didn't you???

I told you he would come through!
That is fabulous news Queenie. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Posted By: BethM Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/03/08 11:26 PM
COOL! Now you'll have money to buy me a HUGE birthday present!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Here's to getting that monkey off of your back! Well yes ex but also the house!

Love,
Bethie
Fingers/legs/arms/eyes crossed for you Jilly!!
oh man Greece!!!! I want at least a postcard!!
Quote:
i like people to bring me back rocks and then I write from where with a sharpie marker and put them in my garden

Ohh thats like the movie The Long Long Trailer
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/04/08 02:32 PM
there is a movie with that???

crap....

here I felt all creative!!!!
Yea Lucy ( Ball) in the movie and Desi are travelin in their new trailer on their honeymoon and she collects rocks wherever they go, well HUGE rocks, well you can kinda guess with all those large heavy rocks and this trailer being pulled up a big mt.,--- well I wont give away the suspenseful ending lol
Hey! I saw that one! (my EX is crazy about Lucy, she was always playing something Lucy on the TV, it used to drive me nuts)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/04/08 06:19 PM
I SOLD MY HOUSE!!!!
Posted By: Trip Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/04/08 06:24 PM
Congratulations!! Now you can go to Greece!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/04/08 06:45 PM
yeah!!!!

Greek treats!!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!
Posted By: Trip Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/04/08 06:53 PM
Just beware of Greek men and the bearing of gifts!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/05/08 03:21 AM
WOW!! Things change fast these days, it seems.

My last thread was about some of my friends that were having problems in their lives.

The first was my BF with the unruly D16. Seems that my BF finally had enough of her D16's bad behavior and got her help. She spent many days in a psychiatric hospital and then was there during the day but got to go home at night. She sees a T several times a week and it's helping her, according to my BF. Yay, BF!!!!

My second friend is the one I tease about being a "people pleaser." She runs herself into the ground doing for everyone else to the point that she ends up hospitalized. It seems that she's drawing the line in regards to a couple of people that she now realizes take advantage of her. She told me that doing this was one of the hardest things she's ever had to do. I'm so proud of her for this!!! This woman is one of the best people I've ever known.

My third friend is the one who has always picked lousy men. She told me that she'd been out with a good friend of mine and asked me if I thought he was a good guy. I was honest with her and told her that "yes, he is a good guy, unless you date him." He's a good friend, good father, good boss, etc. He is not a good H or BF. Even, he will admit to this. Anyway, she called me today and told me that I was right. She's decided to let him know that she isn't interested in dating him. Whew!!! She just got out of a very bad R and needs to just chill out before getting involved with anyone else for awhile.

I love my friends and just want them to be happy and stress free if possible. It upsets me when they're taken advantage of or hurt. I know that everything and everyone isn't perfect but we can certainly eliminate some of the crap/drama that we all allow into our lives. I eliminated a couple hundred lbs a few yrs ago!!! ;\)

OK, off my soapbox for now.
Jill: Missed the "I SOLD MY HOUSE" post. I am so happy it worked for you. Make some plans girlfriend - this is wonderful!

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/05/08 04:21 AM
Barb,
I "am" making plans!!! My BF and I are going to Greece. Not sure when but that will be our next trip.

I still have the home inspection stuff to go through but I'm not expecting any problems. The gal and her 2 sons want to move in right away so I'll be busy moving the rest of my furniture out over the next couple of weeks. Yippee!!! I'm so relieved. This is one thing I can cross off my list. Now, court on Mon with X. I'm thinking he won't show up so don't know what will happen if that's the case.......Getting my money from him will complete my list. Sure wish I didn't have to do this, tho. \:\(
Posted By: pammie Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/05/08 11:06 AM
Jilly
Congrats on selling your house.
Hopefully the judge will give you X-H's house, so you can sell it and finally get your money.
You know if it is left up to your X-H he will never pay.
I hope all this court crap ends soon for you.
God Bless
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/05/08 12:10 PM
Thanks Barb & Pammie!!!

I know that X will not pay me unless I go after him. Wish it didn't have to be that way, but it is what it is. I guess he figures paying me 3 1/2 of the 5 yrs he was to pay me off is enough. Fortunately, the balance he owes is accruing interest. Unfortunately, that will probably end up going to my A. YUCK!!!
Congratulations on the house sale Queenie! Now go have a good time in Greece - I wish I was going with you.

Why is it that if you don't pay your mortgage, the banks can take your house and still make you pay? If you don't pay your lawyer, they will take whatever you have, but if you don't pay your X or your child support, they allow you to get away with it? No, they don't go after the offender, the X has to pay a lawyer again to get it.

There whould be a US law that makes the offending party pay for a lawyer in this situation. And interest should be 100%.
Quote:
I'm thinking he won't show up so don't know what will happen if that's the case.......

Not sure about your State but in MN you would win automatically by default. ;\)

Quote:
Why is it that if you don't pay your mortgage, the banks can take your house and still make you pay? If you don't pay your lawyer, they will take whatever you have, but if you don't pay your X or your child support, they allow you to get away with it?

I don't get this either. Banks and Lawyers get their money while children get left out in the cold? Doesn't make sense to me, really pi$$es me off when I think about it!
Posted By: fig Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/05/08 02:27 PM
The HArdy's dad has NEVER paid child support

He owes for 9 years

LSS paid spousal support and insurance for a very small time

he was supposed to pay indefinitely

So between ex#1 (@50,000 and counting)
and LSS (up to @10,00 and counting)

I could actually pay my bills!!!

oh well
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/06/08 12:01 AM
Fig,
Don't give up on that back child support!!! My sis's X "never" paid it either. Kept quitting jobs, moving, etc. Anyway, he's paying it now. Yup, the kid in question is 38 now!!! Isn't that hysterical?? My sis just writes the check directly to her S, as she's financially stable now. I love it!!!! Thing is, where was her X when the kid was little, my sis worked two jobs and they had no health insurance???
Posted By: psluke Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/06/08 12:14 AM
Hey Jill I'm behind but BIG CONGRATULATIONS on selling your house!!!!!
Queenie and Fig,

My sister never gave up on her X paying CS either.

He actually changed his SS #, and moved to another state. He got out of 17.5 years (yes, the baby was 6 months old) of CS because Ohio couldn't find him. Her kids are now grown, but she had a court date in Nashville today and I think they finally have him.

She wants every single penny with interest. OR she wants him in jail. Either way, she'll be happy.

Here in SC, they're pretty good. About once or twice a year, I'll read a newspaper article about how they find where these deadbeats are, and they send them a registered letter telling them they won a TV, or a trip or something. The sheriff rents some retail shop space and when the deadbeat gets there, they say: go in the back and pick out your new TV, or where you want to go, blah, blah, blah. Then they go to the back room, the police arrest them and take them to jail. The judge tells them, pay up, or stay in jail. IT's freakin' amazing how many of them come up with thousands of dollars in back CS when they face jail time. I LOVE those stories.

I need to call her and find out what happened today.
Unbelievable what they will do to get out of paying CS for their children! wth!!

My ex BIL does that for a living, tracks down dead beat dads, always thought that was great!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/06/08 02:04 AM
Happy, that's amazing!!! I really do hope your sis gets every penny he owes her. Honestly, I don't know how anyone can live with themselves by denying their children. ICK!!!!
I couldn't reach her. She never answers her cell phone!

Can you guys tell we had a storm and have mo power at work? That big one came through last night and wiped work out. No power for 24 hours. We all have so many deadlines, but in the meantime, I'm hanging here with you.

Oh yeah Queenie, some guys will get out of paying CS no matter the cost.

My other sister and I paid so many car payments, rent payments, etc. For christmas, we sent toys AND clothes to her kids. They had no dad.

I don't know that he'll ever pay up. I see him either going to jail (which I doubt) or taking off again and changing his identity. Tennessee isn't really tough on these guys. But Ohio is trying to make this a federal case. A federal case after 19 years? Geez. If a child goes without CS for 6 months it should become federal. Although I think it's gotten harder to do since Homeland Security has come into the picture. I guess you can't just change your social security number easily any more.
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on selling your house! And so glad to hear things are going well w/ your friends!!!

I've also read that people behind on child support can't get a passport until they are current. Might be a little crimp in their plans at some point.

Take care, jilly!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 12:44 AM
Joooools, how nice of you to stop by.

Yes, I'm excited about selling my house. I'm losing so much money now that I can't even imagine what it may be like if I'd waited another year to sell. Probably wouldn't even be able to pay off what I owe on it!!!

Earlier this week, I had to drop something from work off at the county jail. Anyway, there was a guy that was being booked for back child support. YIPPEE!!! Course, while he's in jail, he's not working so how does that help his children? There has to be a better way. I know, how about neutering him so he can't have anymore kids that he doesn't support?
Quote:
how about neutering him so he can't have anymore kids that he doesn't support?

But Queenie, that would deny him his rights! To heck with the kid's rights.

Queenie, I'm so excited! My son just got his transfer location from the Coast Guard. He's moving to Hawaii in June! Guess where MSG and I are going in January?
Posted By: Trip Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 12:58 AM
My BIL lost his passport for being a deadbeat dad. He still blames his ex for not being touch with his son. He even puts it on the son for not being in touch. Makes me mad but at the same time I am happy that my nephew is not around the loser. It just would be nice for him to at least show some responsibility towards his son. The sad and maddening thing is that my exSIL was never going to go after him. She only did so with pressure from her new husband.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 01:03 AM
Originally Posted By: HappyToday
Quote:
how about neutering him so he can't have anymore kids that he doesn't support?

But Queenie, that would deny him his rights! To heck with the kid's rights.

Queenie, I'm so excited! My son just got his transfer location from the Coast Guard. He's moving to Hawaii in June! Guess where MSG and I are going in January?

OMG, SG, that's wonderful!!!! How long will you stay? Where is he in Hawaii!!! Have you and MSG traveled together before???
I WANNA GO!!!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 01:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Trip
My BIL lost his passport for being a deadbeat dad. He still blames his ex for not being touch with his son. He even puts it on the son for not being in touch. Makes me mad but at the same time I am happy that my nephew is not around the loser. It just would be nice for him to at least show some responsibility towards his son. The sad and maddening thing is that my exSIL was never going to go after him. She only did so with pressure from her new husband.

Well, good for her new H!!! I hate it that these people can get away with that. My first X payed me a grand total of $15 in 7 yrs for our S. However, when our S passed away, I felt no guilt, whatsoever. I know I did everything I could to take care of him. I know that my X is still guilt ridden over his actions and he's never recovered from it.
It's my son Queenie - Happy's son!

He's go for 2 years to Kauai. MSG and I have traveled together twice - Vegas and to the NC mountains. But it's never been more than 4 days at once.

I like traveling with him. He gets it. He does all the research and knows what to do once we get there. He took me to Biltmore and Mt. Pisgah in NC, and when we went to Vegas he had the rental car ready so we could go up inot the mountains there. Hiking and bicycling are his things. To me that's so much fun. He's a good person to have on an adventure and he has a much better sense of direction than me. He's pumped too, since we made a deal to go to either Italy or Hawaii over the holidays. How sweet my son will be there. What a gift!
Ohhh Happy!!
Have you ever been? You will love it!! Lucky lucky girl!!

All these travelers! I need to get a job, so i can take time off and travel! lol
Quote:
It's my son Queenie - Happy's son!

you'll have to excuse Jill, shes well, I dont want to bring up age or anything......
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 02:31 AM
I "knew" it was Happy's son, ya dork!!!

She's visiting her S in Hawaii (he's being transferred there) and taking MSG with her......right? Got it!!!!

BTW, my boss is begging me to work more. I've agreed to 24 vs 20 hrs "when needed." I'm starting to understand her. She hired me to "babysit" her and I thought she was joking when she said it. NOT!!! She really does need me to nag her, keep her on task, clean up her messes, be a sounding board and run her projects. Funny thing, I found out there was a pool as to how long it would take me to get burnt out or disgusted and quit. I tried to get in on it but they said I'd have an unfair advantage. Thing is, I love organizing projects and as long as she gives me clear instructions as to the final goal (which at times, I'm not sure she knows), I'm good to go.

And.....this part is a downer.....I'm so disgusted at how much money I'm losing by selling my house to this woman!!!! It's hard to be happy about selling it because of this huge loss.

Ah well, onward and upward!!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 03:36 AM
All these travelers! I need to get a job, so i can take time off and travel! lol

Yes, K, you do!!! I haven't told my BF yet that my house is sold because she's in Mx. But I went online last night and looked at prices on going to Greece. Seems the best time to go may be in Sep. It's still great weather for the beach and sightseeing but also, it's cheaper in Sep & Oct and all the summer vacationers are back in school.

Maybe, Greece for your honeymoon, huh? Come in Sep!!! I'm sure B won't mind you hanging with us girls for awhile, right???
Hahhaa oh mannnnnnnn Greece my dream trip!!
hmmm honeymoon w/ the girls now theres a concept!

You are going to have just the bestest time! I watched Shirley Valentine a few weeks ago, ( think I told ya) and fell in love w/ the idea of Greece all over again. I think in another life I must of lived there.

I know the house sit. is causing you some angst , its a bittersweet pill, I guess just lookin forward is the way to go, dont look back! just think of that chunk of change you will have in your pocket every month now!!

AND I love your boss!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 03:58 AM
I am trying to think of how much more money I'll have to spend and put into my savings. Also, it will enable me to travel more so I'll try to keep the "happy" thoughts going.

I love my boss too. She's just got the best sense of humor and is so kind and caring. She has quite a story too. She had to get married at 17. Was D'd about 7 yrs later. Her X had numerous affairs during the M. She has two grown sons. One is a nurse and the other is a CEO at some big corp. She's been D'd almost 30 yrs!!! Anyway, she "does not" have a college degree and has worked her way up to VP from the very bottom of this company. She does all kinds of wonderful things for employees such as getting their car fixed if they can't afford it to having a huge dinner catered to our sheriff's son's funeral a few weeks ago. She doesn't let anyone know that she does these things. I know because I am usually involved in some way. I'm sworn to secrecy but I just love her for it!!! But.....she's very scattered and has a lot of responsibility which does not allow her to have time for any kind of a social life. I can see that she's stressed beyond belief and I really do worry about her health and have talked to her about it.
Wow Jill
She is an awesome woman! What a wonderful soul she is
I think you are the perfect person to be working for her too.

Has she taken your advice on her health?
Posted By: Tia Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 09:51 AM
Barbie Doll,
Thanks for being here. I've been part of the "Cheers" crowd.
I hope all is well.

/Tia
Posted By: Lissie Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/07/08 08:46 PM
Awww Jillybean.

Your boss sounds wonderful.

I am glad she has you to help her keep an eye out on her health.
Hi Tia: Thanks for the sweet words.

"Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name (Mine REALLY is Barb!). And they're always glad you came. You wanna go where people know, everybody here's the same. You wanna go where everyone knows your name".

It is snowing like crazy - blizzard all around me, yet I sit in warmth and comfort, gazing out the window at it. And I am content. I can talk to me friends here at "Cheers" any time I choose. My family are all safely indoors, Ryan's nurse came to work today, there is lots of food to get us through. The tv and Internet still work. Life is good....

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/08/08 02:38 PM
Hi Everyone,
Today I'm off to find something frothy, sparkly and beautiful to wear on my cruise for formal night. MG is tagging along as I went with him a few days ago to buy a new suit.

It's so much fun to travel with someone who hasn't done much traveling before. He's just agog at everything!!! I know he's going to love this experience. He's happy as can be whenever he can be in/on the water. I don't know WTH he lives in MI and I'm hoping we can change that someday. One of our stops will be in St. Thomas where they have great prices on jewelry. I plan on taking my wedding ring and having it reset into something I love. I've already had it reset once but am not crazy about it.

My perfect scenario would be to buy a winter home in FL but we'll see where my D23 ends up when she graduates. She's hoping to find work somewhere in the south. Right now, she's in NYC for spring break. There was a bomb that went off (don't know the details) but she was at that location the night before. I missed the news or I'd have been in my car to get her!!!!

My life has changed so much in the last 4 yrs and it just keeps getting better. If I'd known I could be so happy, I would've D'd X a lot sooner!!!!

Sooooooo:

Retire early.....check
Find a great guy....check
Travel....check
Sell my house.....check
Get my D through college.....check
Be happy with myself.....check
Find hobby or pt job that I love.....check
Forgive X....check

Only thing left to do is get the rest of my money from X. Hope to cross this off on Mon.

Life is good in Jillville!!!
WOW Jilly Bean - you sound fantastic! I love the checklist and can say it mirrors mine. I haven't quite got D through college but she has started and I haven't quite forgiven Ex but I've started. The rest is all in place or in progress.

Shopping for formalwear is fun, but no so much when you don't like getting dressed up. As you know, though, it is all worth it. The photos Josh and I got of ourselves as a couple are amazing! I am shocked that he wants to cruise again so soon and to my total dream destination!

I love St Thomas. Have some great clothes and purses from there.

I've been wondering about what to do with my diamond. Thought about a necklace since I'd really love to have one. Is it bad to wear the diamond? It's refreshing to see that you don't seem to think so.

Surprised that you can get out today to shop. It is BAD here. I doubt many people will be out at all. And it's only going to get worse.

Have a great day and let us know about the frothy outfit, k?

Barb
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult - 03/08/08 03:34 PM
Barb,
I don't quite have D all the way thru college but I know she's in a place, mentally, where I know she'll finish. She's working hard!!!

And....I really do "hate" getting dressed up!!! And so does MG, but I told him that these formal dinners were something he had to experience so he's up for it.

The weather's actually pleasant here today. Sun's shining even tho it's only 20 out.

I had my ring redone a long time ago. It had a marquis diamond in the middle and 6 small diamonds on the sides. I had the six smaller diamonds made into a pinky ring and the large diamond made into more of a cocktail type ring but I'm not crazy about it. Ya know, my ring was expensive and I always loved it and just because I no longer love X does not mean that I can't love the ring, right?
Jill: I've been meaning to bring the diamond thing up for a while. I love my diamonds too and really won't relate them much to ex anymore. He did give me a diamond tennis bracelet and expensive diamond earrings as well as my birthstone set all in the last few months we were together. Never got jewellery much of any kind before that. And I wear it all and wear it proud. I think its time to redo the diamonds from the engagement ring, though.

There are lots of "Freestyle Dining" cruises out there. My friend just got back from one on Norwegian Jewel. She loved it. Me - I prefer the formal stuff with a set group of people. You make great friends most of the time.

Barb
Oh Jill!!
You are by far a success story! I love that you have achieved these goals!
You worked hard and you nabbed them!

I cant wait to hear about your trip and what you got me!! LOL
I'd make a pita D wouldnt I??

You should get something red and sparkly w/ a low plunging neckline! maybe a slit all the way up to your thigh! Wouldnt that stop MG in his track! \:\)

Cant wait to hear what you buy!

and , am I to believe what I read here? you and Barb got jewelry from your exs??? wow what a concept, so your not suppose to get toasters and stereos as gifts?? hmmmmm
Helllooo....

Barb said:
Quote:
I've been wondering about what to do with my diamond. Thought about a necklace since I'd really love to have one. Is it bad to wear the diamond? It's refreshing to see that you don't seem to think so.

A friend of mine had all of her jewelry re-made into something she called her "freedom ring"...If I had any jewelry that is what I would do!

\:D

SG
Wow Jill!

You are cruising along on that list! I hope Monday works well for you. What an inspiration you are!

I can't retire yet...but I am hoping for a great guy someday (any day) soon! LOL

SG
Quote:
If I had any jewelry that is what I would do!

LOL i can relaate to that! Lost my dimanod in my old wedding set and well, ex never would get it replaced, hmmm wonder why???
© DivorceBusting.com