Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: shoeprincess Still Moving - 01/10/08 04:41 AM
Nothing exciting here. Took my dog to the vet on Saturday(hoodrat does not work saturdays). The usual bad mouthing of her and the X by the staff.. I just smile and nod my head. But I haver to say it does make me smile that they despise the two of them. Been dreaming alot again about those two. I always end up shouting and telling them off. Maybe I should write a letter to them to get my feelings out and then burn it. \:\/
Posted By: Kman Re: Still Moving - 01/10/08 05:03 AM
Hi Kym-

1. Write your letter.
2. Burn it.
3. Please bring me a martini.

Kev
Posted By: koshka Re: Still Moving - 01/10/08 11:56 AM
Kym,

Have yourself a martini as you watch the pretty colored flames, too.

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: fig Re: Still Moving - 01/10/08 01:55 PM
morning Shoe

I'm sure there is some creative visualization type thing you could do

but I say

lets scream curse words and stab voodoo dolls for awhile

and

I would like an absynthe for that please!!!
(walking on the wild side...collge friends loved it)
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/10/08 04:05 PM
sounds like I am having a fire in my fire pit this wekend.
Drinks all around.
Posted By: fig Re: Still Moving - 01/10/08 04:10 PM
wooooot woooooot
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 12:34 AM
well just wanted to pop in and say hi. Have a job interview tomorrow for a property managment group. I dont expect to get it but it is always good practice to go on interviews. Had a great day yesterday watching football and to have my team, the New York Giants finally beat Dallas!. It was a great game. Had a friend over, made shrimp cocktails, jalapeno poppers and beer.

One thing I have been thinking about is all that I came out of the D with. I mean I was able to buy a new house, got to keep all my furniture, was able to buy a new bedroom set, window coverings, landscaping etc. On one hand I am happy to have been able to get all of this but at what price? A Divorce?... How is it that the spouse who cheats, walks away leaving the other spouse with everything. Are they that confident that the new relatonship will work out and they wont need anything? If my X's OW ever kicks him to the curb, he will have nothing but a bose stereo system and our dog. I guess I am feeling a little guilty for all that I walked away with but I also believe I deserve it.
Happy Monday everyone \:\)
Posted By: BethM Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 12:41 AM
Well girlfriend stop feeling so guilty. What you got was purely material. What we lose (at least for a time) is part of ourself. It takes a lot of work trying to get that back.

Oh and yes, they think that everything is going to be just that easy. So the thought of what they're losing is the least of their worries! So you think that someone who can walk out on a life is really worried about who gets the couch? You deserve everythong you got!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 12:47 AM
thanks Bethie!
Posted By: Kman Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 12:52 AM
Hi Kym-

Also, look at it this way - while getting all that stuff certainly doesn't balance out against the crap you were forced to go through, it's a lot better than NOT getting all that stuff...

You're doing great-

Kev
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 02:58 AM
very true Kev very true
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 12:33 PM
Kym, Just wanted to say how great it is to see this change in your attitude from where you were a year ago! Do you recognize how far you've come? Good for you! \:\)
Posted By: FA Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 06:52 PM
Hey Kym! Good luck on the interview, regardless if you get the position or not. Just remember, have a In-N-Out....all your worries disappear!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/15/08 11:19 PM
;\)
Posted By: Trip Re: Still Moving - 01/16/08 08:31 PM
How did the interview go?

And...there is nothing for you to feel guilty about. You worked hard to get your place. There is nothing wrong in that.
Posted By: koshka Re: Still Moving - 01/16/08 11:41 PM
Kym,

You did good for yourself in a very difficult time with the "stuff." I have the hand-made Christmas ornament that D12 made in second grade from her school picture. Her mother threw it aside when she came to split the ornaments that were left (She'd already raided the basement storage area during the separation several times.) because she was looking only for crystal ornaments.

The WA makes choices about what's valuable to them, and they get to live with those choices. You did nothing wrong.

So, how did the interview go?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:37 AM
thanks all. The interview went well. The lady from the agency said that the feed back was good and she was working out a few details but the company was interested in me. That was yesterday but have heard nothing since. \:\( So I dont know what to think.
Posted By: Kman Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:43 AM
Kym-

As a former recruiter, I can tell you with certainty that not hearing from the company since yesterday means...that you haven't heard from the company since yesterday. Nothing more - not good, not bad, not really anything. So hang in there, even though you are anxious to get a job that you like better, that company is on their own timeline, determined by things that probably have nothing to do with you, so dont' read into things. Cheer up - good things are ahead one way or the other!

Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:46 AM
ya ya I know. I just get anxious and would really like to have this job. This other job is making me drink more
Posted By: BethM Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:50 AM
Princess,

Didn't I tell you to call me and we could run through some of the possible questions that you might be asked? That's the problem in a nutshell. If you would have let me coach you you would have be hired on the spot!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:52 AM
Originally Posted By: BethM
Princess,

Didn't I tell you to call me and we could run through some of the possible questions that you might be asked? That's the problem in a nutshell. If you would have let me coach you you would have be hired on the spot!

sorry!!!!!! failed again
Posted By: koshka Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:55 AM
Kym,

If this job doesn't work out, it's because there's a better one waiting for you. Believe!

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Astimegoeson Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:55 AM
I'm crossing my fingers for you and wishing for the best! Nobody wants a job that makes them drink, but I guess that excuse is as good as any!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Pimp Daddy
Kym,

If this job doesn't work out, it's because there's a better one waiting for you. Believe!

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks Joe..

my other job sucks so bad its litteraly making me ill
Posted By: koshka Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:12 AM
Kym,

Have you ever read "What Color Is Your Parachute?" It's a great book for someone looking to find the job that really fits them. It's almost always available in public libraries, too, which works out well for people looking for their best-fit job while they are without any job!

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:15 AM
thanks I will look into the book.
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:16 AM
whenever I'm in the public library... I can't seem to tear myself away from Kellerman and Patterson anymore. I think I wore myself out on the "help section". Kinda nice to lose yourself in fiction every now and then.
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:17 AM
hey shoe..... what was the job that you interviewed for?
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:18 AM
accountant for a Property managment Company
Posted By: koshka Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:18 AM
L-N-F,

Quote:
I can't seem to tear myself away from Kellerman and Patterson anymore. I think I wore myself out on the "help section". Kinda nice to lose yourself in fiction every now and then.

And that's a very good sign that you're getting back to your real self, too. I think I spent as much on self-help and relationship books as I did on legal fees.

Wait a minute! No, I didn't! \:\)

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:25 AM
Oh boy.... all those figures buzzing in your head all day.... and you think your current job is making you drink....
kidding. seriously, good luck.... we'll all think happy thoughts and send good vibes your way!
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:27 AM
Actually Joe... if you think about it ..... in retrospect the lawyer fees were self help... in a twisted sorta way....
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:28 AM
thanks LNF!!
Posted By: forever21 Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:39 AM
You weren't hard to find. You sound good, girl!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:40 AM
thanks! life could be worse I suppose How r u doing?
Posted By: forever21 Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:44 AM
That's for sure! Good for you for going after the new job. Your house sounds great. You and the dogs enjoying it? I'm really good, thanks. \:\)
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:48 AM
hey F21.... shoot me an email at my hot mail account. I lost your email along with other people's \:\(
Posted By: forever21 Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:52 AM
sure... I don't have your hotmail account though. I am on yahoo if you want to sign in.
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 03:56 AM
shoeprincess1226@hotmail.com
Posted By: forever21 Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 04:01 AM
got it.
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Still Moving - 01/18/08 04:15 AM
cool! now if i can recapture all the other ones I lost all will be good
Posted By: shoeprincess I got the Job - 01/18/08 08:15 PM
I got the job I was talking about last night!!
Details to follow later
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I got the Job - 01/18/08 08:19 PM
WOO HOO!!!! Congrats .... Now on to the celebration.... lucky you it's a weekend and you can celebrate late!

I'm happy for you.... that's got to be a deffinate check in the PMA column! \:\)

Now how about a cute new pair of stilletos to go with the first day on the new job!
Posted By: fig Re: I got the Job - 01/18/08 08:22 PM
Yeah Shoe!!!!

woot woot woot
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: I got the Job - 01/18/08 10:06 PM
Yippee! The next round is on Shoe!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got the Job - 01/18/08 10:09 PM
YIPPEE!!!! Congrats, Shoe!!!
Posted By: SallyM Re: I got the Job - 01/18/08 10:20 PM
congrats!!!
Posted By: koshka Re: I got the Job - 01/18/08 11:15 PM
Kym,

Congratulations! This is the right job for this time!

We're waiting till after the wild celebration with your friends to hear all about it. Or about the wild celebration. \:\)

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: BethM Re: I got the Job - 01/18/08 11:56 PM
I taught her everything she knows! I'm so gosh darn proud!

Congrats Your majesty
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 12:40 AM
Originally Posted By: BethM
I taught her everything she knows! I'm so gosh darn proud!

Congrats Your majesty

yay I finally made someone happy!

Joe,
my big celebration tonight will be driking a few beers and cleaning my house \:\/
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 01:57 AM
Ahhhh sweet news, princess!! Best of luck to ya, be that shining star you are!
Posted By: Astimegoeson Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 02:00 AM
Good for you Kym, I'm happy for you!
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 02:00 AM
Okay Ms. Julie...there you are. Where are you hiding girlie? It's time for a thread... dontcha think?
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:05 AM
thank you all for the kind words and support! ahhh what a friday night I am having.. laundry, cleaning house and beer. YAY! \:\/
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:18 AM
we are in a parallel universe tonight shoe!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:19 AM
LOL . where is the Pimp daddy when you need him \:D
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:20 AM
workin' on his new business venture no doubt.... \:\)
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:21 AM
glad we got him started ;\)
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:22 AM
what are the odds he'll share the royalties????
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:27 AM
hmmmmm.. HE BETTER!!!! we made him what he is
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 04:29 AM
hmmm....didn't we kinda think that about our exes at one time too????? let's rethink that one \:\)
Posted By: forever21 Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 05:12 AM
Congratulations, shoe!!!!!!

That's GREAT news!

I'm also spending my evening pretty much the same way, but with wine. Just finished a late dinner. Vacuumed while my dinner was on the stove. Cheers, girl! I'm so happy for you. May your new job be just what you want it to be. \:\)
Posted By: swashy Re: I got the Job - 01/19/08 01:07 PM
Awesome Kym!!!!! SO happy for you! Glad you didn't jinx it the other night. ;\)
Posted By: care Re: I got the Job - 01/21/08 02:32 AM
good for you Shoe, Things always turn out for the better, perhaps not on the timeline that you would have wanted, but when it was truly meant to be.
Posted By: shoeprincess walking in the rain - 01/23/08 02:52 AM
thanks care!
Its raining here AGAIN.. but I wont complain becaue we could be under a ton of snow.So I gave notice yesterday. Word spread fast Not sure how. But I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders. I now have a lady that I used to work with at my old company applying for the job. She knows how stressful and icky it is but she says she wants it. So I am happy I am helping her out. Talked with my best friend tonight and her marriage is on rocky ground. She feels like walking away but won't. She says she will try and stick it out. I guess her and her H had a HUGE fight last night but were able to talk calmly this morning. so I am keeping my fingers crossed for them.
Been trying to figure out what to do with my wedding ring. I will not sell it. I hate to change it because I really love it but I can't wear it the way it is. I was thinking of having a whole new ring put together with the diamonds. I just dont think it would be appropriatte to use the diamond from my engagement ring. Not sure what to do with that.Anyhoo hope everyone is doing dandy
Posted By: BethM Re: walking in the rain - 01/23/08 03:01 AM
Shoe,

I thought for a while about making mine into a necklace as a couple of my girlfriends had done. Then I decided to put it away and save it for my oldest as I had always planned to give it to her anyway. Maybe resetting the diamond into another ring might feel strange to you but as another peice of jewelry it may be more comfortable. Hey it's your's and it's part of your history. I say enjoy!

Good luck with the new job!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Kman Re: walking in the rain - 01/23/08 03:02 AM
Hi Kym-

Exciting stuff, about the job - AWESOME.

On the ring, no rush - if you can't figure out what to do with it, put it in a drawer somewhere and forget about it for a while - you know, out of sight, out of mind. At some point down the road you may get a flash of inspiration of what to do with it. Or not. Either way...

For me, with the first one I put it away for a while and about a year later flushed it down the toilet. The second one is in my glove compartment...so who knows.

Posted By: shoeprincess Re: walking in the rain - 01/23/08 03:04 AM
thanks Bethie! Maybe I will just take it to a place and see what they can design for me. I think saving yours for your daughter is awsome.
Posted By: koshka Re: walking in the rain - 01/23/08 04:12 AM
Bethie,

You could have yours reset in a nice, new nose ring. It'd be a pretty bauble.

Thanks,

Joe
© DivorceBusting.com