Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Fender Echoes - 01/09/08 01:06 AM
Echoes, another Pink Floyd favorite of mine.

"Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me
And do I take you by the hand
And lead you through the land
And help me understand the best I can
And no one calls us to the land
And no one crosses there alive
And no one speaks
And no one tries"
Posted By: Going Solo Re: Echoes - 01/09/08 01:34 AM
I got a lot of songs runnin' through my head right now, but one keeps coming back to me:

David Gray, Babylon

Friday night I'm going nowhere
All the lights are changing green to red
Turning over TV stations
Situations running through my head
Well looking back through time
You know it's clear that I've been blind
I've been a fool
To ever open up my heart
To all that jealousy, that bitterness, that ridicule
Posted By: sofaraway Re: Echoes - 01/09/08 02:09 AM
Do not let swashy see this thread....
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/09/08 02:55 AM
I know how Scott hate threads with lyrics in them. Good thing he can't set fire to it like he did a certain pillow a while back.
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/09/08 12:00 PM
I have hot coffee here.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/09/08 02:03 PM
Good I'll take a cup! \:\)

I guess I didn't listen to Pink Floyd because I'm getting a song education from your threads.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/09/08 02:35 PM
kisses fender (I dont want to smoooooooooooooooooooch this thread away too!!! )
Posted By: lovingme Re: Echoes - 01/10/08 12:32 AM
Thanks for checking in on me ~ Happy New Year to you!

**HUGS**
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/10/08 05:28 PM
Sorry I missed the coffee this morning.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/10/08 05:35 PM
holy crap!!!!

I forgot my morning Fender smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooches!!!!!

sorry sweetness
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/11/08 02:37 PM
morning Fender!!!

Smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/11/08 02:38 PM
Soooooo where in the world is the coffee???????
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/12/08 03:15 AM
Sorry about the coffee ladies, I was a tad busy today.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/12/08 12:17 PM
Boy it better be good!!! \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/13/08 07:40 AM
Nothing really good, just busy.

Well the stbxw has officially been gone a year now. So today I went to Wal-Mart and bought some of those huge plastic containers and packed all of her clothes in them. It was time I reclaimed some closet space anyway.

February 6th is the day we go to court to end this marriage and I find myself wishing it would happen sooner. I swear I can hardly wait.

Still no luck on the job hunt front. Things are really not looking that good and I am getting a little worried. I still have a month and a half of full pay before retirement pay kicks in. So I still have a little breathing room but I need to find employment soon.

I got a letter from the V.A. I have two appointments next week. One on Wednesday and one on Saturday. I was really shocked to see that they scheduled one for a Saturday. Anyway I am glad they are on top of my case as the sooner I get rated the sooner my beenies will kick in.
Posted By: Kman Re: Echoes - 01/13/08 02:53 PM
Hey Fender-

Good idea on the packing stuff up - that closet space IS yours now, after all.

I thought a few months back that you had something lined up on the job front - am I mistaken or did it fall through? I was also wondering - have you worked with or contacted any of the companies that help military folks transition to civilian? There's several of them out there-

Good luck, it'll work out-

Kev
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/13/08 07:20 PM
Hey Kev. The best laid plans often turn to crap. I thought I had a decent shot at a job but it feel through. I have been networking for a job through Job Service, varied vet services and friends. Time will tell.
Posted By: Kman Re: Echoes - 01/13/08 08:23 PM
Got it. Have you tried any of the companies like Lucas Group or Bradley-Morris? Those are two of the larger firms, but there are other smaller ones as well. There are certainly no guarantees, but it's another avenue and they can often get you in front of companies that you wouldn't have known about otherwise. Good luck, something will come through - there are a LOT companies that looove military experience...

Kev
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/14/08 02:34 PM
morning Fender....

Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch

Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/15/08 12:07 AM
Hey Fig, sorry it took so long to answer. Been doing other things instead of posting a lot. I still love those smooches!
Posted By: BethM Re: Echoes - 01/15/08 12:13 AM
Hey Fender,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. All this means is that the right thing just hasn't come along yet. With your experience in the military your gonna be just fine! ;\)
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/15/08 12:22 PM
Coffee anyone?
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/15/08 02:29 PM
Fender!!!!

Smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch

I remember getting this job and how it happened like 2 weeks before school started and all the interviews over the summer and the feeling of peace I had when I finally just gave it up and decided that Iwould keep doing all that I needed to do but that I was just going to trust that I would get the RIGHT job.

It happened.

It will happen for you too.

Are there things you are really interested in? This might be the time to really look into those things...to kind of tweak things so that you are looking for the RIGHT job!!!
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/15/08 05:40 PM
Fender just sending positive thoughts that the right job comes along quickly! \:\)
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/16/08 03:09 PM
morning smoooooooooooooooooches fender and nice hot cup of coffee
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/17/08 04:15 AM
Well it's 11:15 pm here and the we have sleet, snow and freezing rain coming down. This is not normal for my neck of the woods y'all.
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: Echoes - 01/17/08 04:49 AM
Keeps the sand fleas down.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/17/08 11:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Fender
Well it's 11:15 pm here and the we have sleet, snow and freezing rain coming down. This is not normal for my neck of the woods y'all.

Wow all we have is snow and I'm glad! It is a very pretty snow right now. Beautiful fluffy flakes falling and the ground just covered. \:\)

Here is some coffee to chip your way out!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/17/08 02:23 PM
Use the edge of your ice scaper!!!!

smooooooooooooches

and

hot coffee coming your way
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/18/08 02:38 AM
Well we got very lucky, nothing managed to stick. Today was mostly rainy however no ice.

Thanks for the coffee everyone.

No Hill, those sand fleas are a real pain in the rear come summer time.
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: Echoes - 01/18/08 02:58 AM
Ahhhh...... so this is where all the coffee is served....

all i ever see is booze flowing around this board. I'm assuming you are a fellow coffeeholic fender? It's 9:00pm here and I've just poured my last cup of the evening.... there's more in the pot tho' if you'd like some. \:\)
Posted By: BethM Re: Echoes - 01/18/08 03:04 AM
LNF,

How do you drink coffee at 9 O'clock at night? I can't sleep if I have caffeine after 5. That's why I drink wine! ;\)
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: Echoes - 01/18/08 03:07 AM
you have to build up a tolerance.... you know.... like you with the booze....heeeheee ;\)
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/18/08 05:48 AM
I love coffee but only in the AM. Come night time, well its time for the booze.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/18/08 02:30 PM
smooooooooooooooooooooooooooches
9 1/2 hours!!!

Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/21/08 02:30 PM
Hope your weekedn was as terrific as mine sweetie....

amoooooooooooches

and

I saw your retirement pics

Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/21/08 08:45 PM
My weekend was quite nice. I told Mr Bag of Woodscrews how it went earlier. I also hear y'alls weekend was fun packed for all. I am so glad to hear that.

Smooches back at ya!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/21/08 09:27 PM

i like smooches!!!

Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/21/08 09:28 PM
Me too!!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/21/08 09:29 PM

AND

now I have a cold

so

no more smooooooooooches

Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/21/08 09:30 PM
Hey where is my coffe I'm freezing!!!!!!

Glad you had a good weekend Fender. \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/23/08 01:09 AM
Life is fair to midland here. I still don't have a job nor have I been contacted by any prospective employers for an interview. I still have 5 weeks of full pay before full panic mode sets in.

I went to the V.A. hospital on Saturday. All in all I was treated very well. I know you all have heard horror stories about some V.A. facilities however I seem to be in an area that has a good one. GF's son is a surgeon and visited this facility in the past. He told GF he was impressed with the equipment and the staff. I have heard it told that the reason the facility here is in such good shape is directly contributed to Sen. Strom Thurmond.

Anyway time will tell what malady's I currently suffer from will be considered service connected? As with any goverment agency, you don't rush the V.A.

GF and I continue to have a good relationship. Moving slow but steady and that is the way we both seem to like it.

The kids are doing fine. S18 is still attending classes at the local community college and has prospects of a part time job. D12 is still in the school band and having fun.

So for now I am content. Not overly happy or depressed, just in the middle.
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/23/08 04:22 PM
Is anyone home?
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/23/08 04:47 PM
I think everyone froze!

Glad you are at least in the middle.

Hopefully you will hear something on a job soon. I am considering looking for a new one but with the economy the way it is that is sort of dicey!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/23/08 05:22 PM
smooooooooooooooooooooooooches Fender...

sorry

I was getting evaluated!!!

and the overhead pull down thing fell down!!!

jeeeeeeeeeeepers
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/25/08 02:30 AM
Hello all. Just chillin' with my glass of crown royal over ice. How is everyone doing tonight?
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/25/08 02:33 PM
hey there sweetness...........

smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooches

just sayin'
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 01/25/08 02:43 PM
No coffee this morning???????
Posted By: BethM Re: Echoes - 01/25/08 04:41 PM
Hey Fender........

Did you know that there is an "Order of Crown Royal"? Oh yeah, it's a secret society that only the most avid Crown Royal drinkers can belong to. They sent my boss a card in the mail asking him to join online. They asked the stupidest/funniest questions and they asked about 50 of them. One of them have you ever told anybody that you drink Crown Royal? Would you tell any of your friends that you belong to the order?

Oh, don't tell anyone that I talked about this or I'll have to kill you!

ME ;\)
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/26/08 02:44 AM
I, meaning me, have been a member for quite some time. I joined at Lowes Motor Speedway during a race weekend. I get all kinds of cool stuff in the mail, no free booze though.
Posted By: lost-n-found Re: Echoes - 01/26/08 04:20 AM
Can you imagine ..... receiving free booze in the mail!!!!

Long ago I remember sitting in a bar with some friends and there was a live band that was really quite good but there just weren't many patrons there to see.... we got on a conversation about the issue and somehow decided that a perfect name for a band just starting out playing the bar circuit would be FREE BEER. The marquis out front would read LIVE TONIGHT.... FREE BEER
bet that would bring in the crowds.
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 01/26/08 07:02 PM
LOL, that would be funny. I saw a sign in a bar the other day that said, "Free Beer Tomorrow."
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 01/28/08 02:31 PM
smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooches Fender

hope you had a great weekend!!!

Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/02/08 12:40 AM
Well the weekend is here and I am not prepared for it. D12 had a pretty bad cold two weeks ago. S18 and I thought we had dodged a bullet. Well it appears we didn't. He got sick about 3 days ago and I come down with it yesterday.

I was downing orange juice and zinc like it was steak and potatoes. Comtrex is my new best friend, along with Goody powders. Still feel like crap. Just as well, GF came home today from her job with a migraine and said, "GET OUT!" I thought Linda Blair had possessed my GF and her head would spin around. She said she couldn't stand any noise or anyone to be around her when her head was this bad. So I am sitting at home on a Friday night with nothing to do but try and get over this cold.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/02/08 02:42 PM
Hi Fender,

Sure hope a night of rest has you feeling a bit better today.

I just made some fresh ground coffee if you would like a cup to go with your oj, zinc and comtrex!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/05/08 12:37 AM
Hey Pam, the weekend went some what better but not a lot. GF not only had the migraine but got shots in her feet for foot pain and that just amplified the pain factor. To top it off her heatpump died and need replacing.

My cold is holding on for dear life and seems to be winning the battle. This if the first cold I have had in years and man it is one humdinger.

On a positive note S18 has a job interview tomorrow. It is a job that works hand in hand with his school. They allow him to work around his classes.

I also have a job interview tomorrow. My first one since retiring and I hope it goes well? Time will tell. Wish me luck.

I almost forgot, Wednesday is divorce court. Barring any unforseen road blocks I will be divorced Wednesday. I must say it has been a long year waiting for this day. I hope it turns out to be anti-climatic and there is no drama. STBXW says she is still in agreement with our original agreement and she plans no changes. Time will tell.
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: Echoes - 02/05/08 04:13 AM
Thanks Fender
Yes there has been times the chocolate and the coffee were one.
Luck on your interview. Steady work gives me the hives.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/05/08 02:15 PM
Oh

good luck on your interview Fender!!!

Smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch

and Wednesday you will be available...hmmmmmmmmmmm
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/06/08 03:08 AM
The interview, well telephone interview, went very well. I talked to the head HR guy, he is retired Air Force, like myself. Well that was at 0900hrs this morning, at 1830hrs (0630pm) I get a call from the company. The lady was very apologetic for calling so late but asked if I was available for another interview, this time in person? I said sure and she said good because her boss wanted me to get interviewed this week. She said this normally doesn't happen so fast but I really impressed her boss over the phone and he said make it happen this week. So good news there.

More good news, S18 got a job today. He is in a welding program at the local community college training to become a certified pipe welder. Meanwhile a local company in need of welders worked a deal with the school for some students to try out for a welding job. S18 went in today and nailed the welding test. Two separate supervisors were arguing over who would get him before he left. I am so proud of him and happy that now he will not come to me for every dime he needs.

Fig, tomorrow I become single however I'm not really available. GF and I have been in a relationship for nearly 7 months and if I am one thing it is faithful.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/06/08 12:04 PM
Fender,

Congratulations for doing so well on the phone interview! Good luck with the in person one!!!

We'll be thinking of you today and hoping all goes smoothly.

Here's a fresh cup of coffee to get your day started right.
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/06/08 12:26 PM
Thanks for the coffee Pam. How are things up North today?
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/06/08 01:38 PM
Not bad. We had a big thunderstorm come through last night but didn't do much damage.

It isn't too cold right now so other than the mud in my back yard I can't complain. \:\)
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/06/08 03:01 PM
did I just get rejected????

well....

I guess it's lucky I am in love too!!!

so today is the day....

how does it feel????
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Echoes - 02/06/08 05:59 PM
Terrific news on the job front(s), Fender! Yea for you!

On the "it's official" front - well, remember, that's just a piece of paper. You moved on to much better things a long time ago. Yea for you again!
Posted By: BethM Re: Echoes - 02/06/08 07:40 PM
Hey Fender,

A callback this soon is certainly a good sign. Just wanted to send you lots of luck and many good wishes!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/07/08 01:38 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Fig, I never would reject you. I think someone else, who is a great shot by the way, would hunt me down like a dog if I snooped in your direction, LOL.

Well court went really well today. The judge approved our agreement as it was with no changes. He also approved our divorce. So as of today I am a single dad.

My friend that came with me to court asked me if I felt different now? I truthfully said no, as in my mind the marriage was over quite some time ago. Today was nothing more than a formality and held no special meaning for me.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/07/08 02:12 PM

your interview is tomorrow right....I'm sure I could scroll upand find out but that might require actually being sort of productive so...i am taking the lazy way out!!!

smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: Echoes - 02/07/08 02:15 PM
Good luck. Hope if you get it the job is what you want.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/07/08 02:21 PM
Glad to hear all was approved as is no changes.

Hope you hear some good news soon on the job front. \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/07/08 05:29 PM
Fig the interview is tomorrow at 8:15 and then another one at 3:15. It seems that the team will see me in the AM and the HR guru will see me that afternoon. He is in training all day and can't make the morning meeting.

They were so apologetic for asking me to come in twice in one day. I have to meet the team I will be working with and they all work midnight to 8am. That is why I have two interviews in one day for the same job.

I told them no problem, all the while thinking in my mind "of course I will come in twice in one day, you are trying to give me a job."

As far as there being no changes in the divorce agreement, I totally dodged a bullet. Listen, she left me and our kids without so much as a real reason why. Just took off, saying when does her life start. So in my mind she deserved what she took with her and nothing else. However, Federal law states that she was entitled to half of my retirement pay, even though she is the one that left. For her to agree to let me keep that and the house but even more importantly D12 was HUGE!

I wish her nothing but happiness and mean that from the heart. I bear her no ill will what so ever and I feel like she feels the same way. We talk like normal people and there is no yelling and finger pointing. I make sure she has unlimited access to D12 and I constantly remind S18 to call his mom, although he is not very close to her at the moment.
Posted By: Trip Re: Echoes - 02/07/08 08:19 PM
Good luck to tomorrow, Fender!

Glad to see things went smoothly for you in the end with the divorce and all. You are in a good place with your ex it seems. More need to follow that example.
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/08/08 12:52 AM
Thanks Trip!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/08/08 12:29 PM
Leaving for my interview, wish me luck everyone.
Posted By: whiskey.tango Re: Echoes - 02/08/08 12:31 PM
Good luck! Just remember to breathe!

A_O
Posted By: BethM Re: Echoes - 02/08/08 12:41 PM
Break a leg!!!!!
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/08/08 02:00 PM
Sending good thoughts and holding a good cup of coffee for your return to update us!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/08/08 03:22 PM
did you picture them naked? Does that help?

I just do it anyway!!!

smooooooooooooooooooches
Posted By: Trip Re: Echoes - 02/08/08 07:03 PM
How did the interview go?
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/09/08 03:01 AM
Well I had two interviews today with the same company. The morning one was with the shift supervisor of the shift I am applying to work on. The interview went really well. Once he realized I have a strong maintenance background and plenty of experience dealing with people he was satisfied.

He put me with a technician that took me out into the plant and showed me around. He then asked me some questions about the machinery. Not that I know their machinery but a sprocket is still a sprocket and a conveyor is still a conveyor. Kind of funny really. Evidently I impressed him as well because when I went back this afternoon to speak with the HR guru he had a report on how I did on my impromptu test.

Funny thing is the HR guy is a retired First Sergeant and I knew him when he was on active duty. He asked the standard questions he had to and then we reminisced about our time in the AF.

Not to be cocky but I really think I got the job. I won't find out until next Tuesday when the whole team can get together and "debrief" my application and interviews. What I got from the HR guy is without being told directly I should start Monday the 18th.

It is going to be a huge transition for me as it is for most retired military types. Most of all will be the shift I have to work, which is 3rd shift. That means midnight to 8am and I haven't worked that shift in many a year. I guess I can say goodbye to the sun for a while? Still the pay is good and with a little initiative I think I could move up in this company. That is one thing the HR guy said. They are looking for more than people that just want to get by.

So my slacking time is coming to an end. Good thing too as I only have two more full paydays before retirement pay kicks in and it is much less.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/09/08 02:53 PM
WHOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

On rocking the interviews and probably having the job!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Echoes - 02/09/08 03:04 PM
WOW!!!! Good for you!!! I've found that military people and even civilians working for the military are in hot demand!!! All this time I thought I was qualified for "nothin" in the real world.

Can't wait for you to annouce "officially" that you're employed. We'll paaarrrrty!!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/10/08 10:34 PM
Looking forward to that party. Should hear something by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/11/08 03:09 PM
smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooches Fender!!!

Congrats on the probably job!!!

that's gotta feel good

deep breaths and the 1st round's on you, right?
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/11/08 10:00 PM
First round will definitely be on me if I get hired.

Smooches back at ya!
Posted By: swashy Re: Echoes - 02/11/08 11:12 PM
Awesome Man! Very nice. Now if I can find one! ;\)
Posted By: BethM Re: Echoes - 02/11/08 11:15 PM
Fender,

This is great news. Good luck.....

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 12:34 AM
Swashy, man I feel for ya. It seems like every time you get a job and get going they downsize on you. I wish you nothing but good luck in your search.

Thank you Beth. At this point I am really needing a job and this one is looking really good.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 12:02 PM
Good Morning Fender,

I'm locked so banging on your door for my morning fix and coffee!!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 02:21 PM
I got a Fender smooch!!! I got a Fender smooch!!!

where are you buying this round? I got new tires on my car (woot woot tax returns...and I paid it off...woot woot again) so the world is my highway baby!!!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 02:53 PM
Good morning ladies. Coffee is hot and fresh.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 02:54 PM
woot woot

Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 03:03 PM
Just got a call from the company I interviewed with. They want me to come in and take a battery of tests called Work Keys. Good thing I have been studying them.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 03:12 PM
WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Party time coming up soon!

Good luck Fender.

Knock em dead!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 03:16 PM
Thanks Pam!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 04:30 PM
Good luck

woot woot
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 10:46 PM
Knocked out three of the five tests they wanted me to do. I will find out my scores tomorrow after I am done with all five tests. Wish me luck!
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/12/08 11:16 PM
Good Luck, Good Luck, Good Luck!!!!
Posted By: Trip Re: Echoes - 02/13/08 12:24 AM
Good luck!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/13/08 12:44 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/13/08 12:01 PM
Good Morning Fender,

One fresh ground cup of hot steaming coffee to get your brain perculating so you go ace those tests!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/13/08 12:51 PM
Thanks for the coffee Pam.
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/13/08 03:17 PM
smoooooooooches and you don't need no stinkin'luck!!!

you gots in all in your knoggin!!!!

Posted By: qoe100 Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 02:17 AM
Can't wait to hear the good news!!!!

I'm sure you did great.
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 03:33 AM
Well I got the results of the tests. I scored higher on all five tests than required by the company for the job. Should hear from them tomorrow or Friday for sure. Yeah me!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 03:56 AM
AWSOME ! Good job Fender!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 03:59 AM
Ok, I just got to share what happened to me earlier today. I am into Geocaching, basically it is a sophisticated form of hide and seek using a GPS receiver. Anyway I was out today locating several caches, pronounced cash, and the sun went down before I found all the caches I had planned on finding. So I broke one of my own rules, which is not to cache after dark alone. Not that I am scared of the dark or the woods, where most caches are located, but some of these caches are in hard to get to places and if I was to step into a hole or trip in the dark...well better safe than sorry.

Anyway, I went in the woods to find this cache. I quickly located it and was busying myself signing the log book when I hear crashing coming thru the woods in my direction. I shined my flashlight just in time to see a rabbit streaking right by me with a fox on his tail! The fox froze right in the beam of my 4 cell maglight. It was a stalemate until I yelled at him and bolted in the opposite direction the bunny went. I guess the fox went hungry tonight and the rabbit got a stay of execution?
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 04:13 AM
That's awesome!!! In my former "dream house" we had 25 acres which was wooded. I used to run the quadrunner trails on our property. It was so amazing to see all the wildlife. Baby raccoons wrestling in the path where I was running, does with their fawns, skunks, porcupines, etc. I don't so much miss the dream house as the setting and the wildlife. We also had swans who had babies every year. Watching the parents (whose wings had been snipped) trying to teach the babies to fly was so exciting and fun!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 04:21 AM
I love nature myself and have been blessed to see some incredible sights of nature in action.

Once the family and I were driving in downtown Columbia SC across the Broad River on the Meeting Street bridge when an Osprey flew across the front of our vehicle carrying a freshly caught fish. That was cool.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 11:57 AM
Well I got the results of the tests. I scored higher on all five tests than required by the company for the job. Should hear from them tomorrow or Friday for sure. Yeah me!

Congratulations!
Posted By: BethM Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 01:10 PM
Happy Valentine's Day Fender!

.....and congrats on your test scores!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 01:37 PM
Yeah me!

Yeah you!
Posted By: fig Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 02:40 PM
Happy Valentine's day shnookie!!!!

Congrats on your test score

smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 03:43 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I guess it's just wait and see time now?
Posted By: HappyToday Re: Echoes - 02/14/08 08:29 PM
Congratulations Fender on the test results.

The advantage I have in your story is I can visualize just where you were when the osprey flew across.
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/15/08 01:49 AM
Originally Posted By: HappyToday
Congratulations Fender on the test results.

The advantage I have in your story is I can visualize just where you were when the osprey flew across.

Well then just imagine that Osprey popping up over the bridge railing with that fish as we were crossing the bridge at about 45mph. \:o

What part of SC are you located in? I live in Sumter county.
Posted By: psluke Re: Echoes - 02/15/08 01:18 PM
Good Morning Fender,

Where in the world is the coffee???

You said drop in for coffee and there doesn't appear to be any here yet!

Have a good day and hope you hear something today. \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/15/08 04:23 PM
Sorry about the coffee Pam. Hope you didn't go without?
Posted By: HappyToday Re: Echoes - 02/16/08 12:10 AM
I'm in Lexington Fender, but work in Columbia - well I work all over the state. Columbia is my home base.

Sumter is one of my favorite places because of the people there. I've done lots of work over that way. I've appraised something in every one of SC's 45 counties over the past 20 years.

Still no word on the job?
Posted By: Fender Re: Echoes - 02/16/08 04:12 AM
No word on the job yet. I do know they were doing a background investigation, normal procedure for this company, but have no idea how long that takes?
Posted By: sgctxok Re: Echoes - 02/16/08 04:20 AM
time to start a new thread
© DivorceBusting.com