Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: inspiredjulie Perfect by Thursday - 11/18/07 09:44 PM
Well... locked up another. Sheesh. \:\)

Thursday Rock

So things continue to go well in my world. I'm liking the position I've taken in my sitch of dropping the rope. It's brought me some peace.

Kids are still sick so we are surviving. I'm going to really be looking forward to next weekend as I will be kid-free and client-free for most of the weekend. Gotta love me-time!

Peace.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/18/07 10:05 PM
YO, Jooolie!!!

I can't believe I'm first!!!! Line em up, honey, I've been working my butt off today!!!

Glad things are going well and you're at peace with things these days. Isn't it the greatest???
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/18/07 10:10 PM
Well looky here... one of my fave babes bellying up to the bar. How lucky am I today! Name your poison, Jilly and I'll keep it comin'.

It is great to be at peace. And I look forward for the good things to come that you are already experiencing...
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/18/07 10:15 PM
you sound good sweets.

YAY
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/18/07 11:01 PM
Thanks, Lissie... I feel good. And I feel extra good b/c my health is finally getting back to 100%.
Posted By: Kman Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 01:00 AM
Aaahhh...

Although I may not be the first responder, I seem to be the only one with the presence of mind to actually ORDER A DRINK.

Shot of bourbon with a Bass chaser please - had to deal with some frustratingly boobish bureaucracy on the Navy side this weekend...

Enjoy the younguns AND your me-time!

Kev
Posted By: Committed2Him Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 01:13 AM
Quote:
Shot of bourbon with a Bass chaser please
is that chaser the ale or an actual fish? Around these parts, you need to be specific because we are amongst a cast of charactes!

Jules (cuz I'm thinking of you being like "Jewels," as in brilliant and priceless- watch out for swiping paws with claws, sure to fly in about 5, 4,3,2,1... ;\) )

You do sound good. So many have spoke of the benefit of dropping the rope in threads past. Sorry the kids are sick but that "you" time on the horizon is looking good, is it not? )

Have a blessed week, it is a great time to be thankful.
Posted By: koshka Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 01:38 AM
Drinks? Did someone mention drinks?

Hey, Julie, are you forgetting the post Thanksgiving mess for next weekend? Or will you take a page from my book and go to a restaurant? \:\)

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 01:48 AM
Hiya Julie, you sound great!

I went to see Michael Beckwith speak last week, and one thing he said really made sense to me. What you said about dropping the rope reminded me of it.

In any case, he said that so many of us live in the problem instead of in the solution. When we let go of the problem and look ahead to that point in time when all is solved and back to peace, we're better able to manage whatever it is that's causing us dis-ease.

We give up too much power to our "problems." It's so much easier to just let go and envision living in the solution...and it sounds like that's what you've done.

SD
Posted By: NikB Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 03:42 AM
Julie - you are already perfect!! So your thread title just doesn't work for me. ;\)

I'm teasing. You sound great. Hope the kids get better soon!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 03:29 PM
Well... it's a true Monday... \:\)

First and foremost...

Kev- you can absolutely have your bourbon and Bass chaser. Any time, my friend. Hope it's a great short week for ya and that the time w/ your family this weekend isn't torturous.

C2- It is a wonderful time to be thankful this week. i have so much to be thankful for! And all of my friends on this board are a huge blessing. What a wonderful year it has been thanks to you all!

Joe- I'm still up in the air on what I'm doing for T-day. X was supposed to have the kids for dinner that day so I was going to skip the family thing, but now I don't know when he'll be back in our land so I might have the girls. We'll see. But there will be a mess b/c I've invited 25 of my closest friends and family for a dessert bar Thursday night. 8th annual. I make a mountain of desserts and everyone loves it. Best of all worlds! Stop by if you're free.

SD- truer words cannot be spoken to me. I've given way too much power up to my problems. It's so easy to do. So let's all work toward living in the solutions, as difficult as that may be. Keep me honest on this!

Nikki- Thanks for stopping by. ANd you're too sweet. I read up on you all the time so keep on keeping on!

Phew... what a way to start the morning. D6 was in bed before 7 last night, but she's still home sick today. Poor thing. She's really been hit with this. At least it's a short week this week.

I have another job interview today. Not so sure this is going to fit my schedule, but we'll see. I'll at least see where this leads. Nice to have options.

I'm feeling a little anxious today... X still hasn't paid the LOC payment he is court-odered to pay and so tomorrow it will be 30 days past-due which will affect my credit. Blech. I just got a stack of requests from X's L in response to the request my L made last week on pattern interrogatories. Blech. We're talking 2 bankers boxes worth of stuff. Blech. Maybe we'll be able to settle this w/o getting into that stuff. And I'm just sweating the small stuff right now. I am driving myself crazy counting and recounting my expenses and projecting how much I need to make each month. I'm being a little obsessive compulsive about it. \:\)

So... here's to a deep breath. How about a shot of oxygen with a tension-tamer chaser...

Have a great day, friends!

Julie
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 03:30 PM
Wanted to end my post on a positive note...

Quote:
Jules (cuz I'm thinking of you being like "Jewels," as in brilliant and priceless-

Thanks, C2H... I think you really understand me!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 03:46 PM
Originally Posted By: inspiredjulie
Wanted to end my post on a positive note...

Quote:
Jules (cuz I'm thinking of you being like "Jewels," as in brilliant and priceless-

Thanks, C2H... I think you really understand me!!!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JULIUS.......

Bet you think I am going to take this and run with it but I'm not. C2 hit this right on the head. You are a jewel in every sense of the word.

Have a great day and hope that interview goes well. A good interview is like an audition, the more you have the better you get, so you'll be a pro by the time your dream job comes along. It's all good, right?

Lover,
Bethie ;\)

Hope J feels better soon!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 03:51 PM
Bethie...
I take issue with your last post. I can handle you picking on me, but you totally disarm me when you're so sweet and it makes me cry and I don't like to cry.

Quote:
Bet you think I am going to take this and run with it but I'm not. C2 hit this right on the head. You are a jewel in every sense of the word

I think we both know who the real jewel is here.
Thanks for the well wishes.
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 03:53 PM
Good morning Julie!!!

I hope the girls get better soon. I got some nasty throat thing going on...should make for a fun train ride!!!

:P

blech

Happy Thanksgiving~~~~
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 03:55 PM
Thanks fig! Back at ya! Get better soon... hope it isn't serious.
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 04:08 PM
blech...
it's probably not

just an annoyance

at least that is what I am telling myself
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 08:38 PM
Interview is over. Went ok. We'll see. I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing with all these options...

anyway... we'll see if I get a call-back for the next interview.

Julie
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/19/07 09:08 PM
JULIUS.....

Why would you think that you wouldn't get a call back? Oh wait, tell me that you didn't take Jill's interview advice. Remember that she said that only works if your interviewer is a man!

Julie, it's enough to be you, and her little "tips" will only take you somewhere you don't want to go! HAHA
Posted By: koshka Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 12:46 AM
Julie,

Quote:
I make a mountain of desserts and everyone loves it. Best of all worlds! Stop by if you're free.

We'll be right over. As I told Kev and Betsey at the buffet, eating is my hobby! \:\) I'll help clear the table of desserts, no problem! "Sugar is brain food," I always say.

Hey, you're going to ace this interview thing and end up with your choice of jobs.

I hope D6 is better soon. I'm still dragging a bit myself from something. It's no fun, even if you did get to stay home from school.

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 01:57 AM
Quote:
Oh wait, tell me that you didn't take Jill's interview advice. Remember that she said that only works if your interviewer is a man!

Are you sure??? I don't remember her saying that...

Quote:
Julie, it's enough to be you, and her little "tips" will only take you somewhere you don't want to go! HAHA

Now you tell me! Jerk!!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 01:58 AM
Joe,

I agree w/ you... sugar is brain food. And proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I just put D6 to bed and ran over to my mom's to complete a conf call (yes, I did get a sitter) and the Broncos just scored a TD and we're up!! WOO HOO!!! I hate not having ESPN so I'll enjoy the game while on my conf call!!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 02:11 AM
Good news: Broncos are up 14-0!
Bad news: Neither party for my conf call answered so somehow 'they' have their wires crossed. What a waste of a sitter and now I have to try and reschedule this for tomorrow. :P

Have a great night, friends!
Posted By: koshka Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 04:00 AM
Julie,

I thought beer was proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Now I'm confused. I'll go eat some more gummies and ponder.

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 02:45 PM
In my book, Joe, they go hand in hand.

D6 is home sick yet AGAIN. Poor baby. She gets to do work w/ mom today, I guess. Lucky her. ;\)

After work I have to get the house spotless so I can start my desserts. Blech on the cleaning, woot on the dessert making! Life is good.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 02:46 PM
Have fun today

I am not a good dessert maker, so what are you making?

Hope that peanut feels better soon.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 02:49 PM
I am making tiramisu brownies, pumpkin crunch, blueberry pie, triple chocolate cake, rum cake, pumpkin dream pie, oreo ice cream, chocolate cherry fudge cake and it seems like I'm forgetting something...
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 02:51 PM
\:o OMG you are awesome.

That sounds soooooooooooo good.

I wanna come over. And my a$$ got bigger reading this.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 02:53 PM
Lol...

I kinda have a reputation as a baker... I love all things dessert. Sorry about making your a$$ get bigger. I know how hard that can be to work off. ;\)

I just looooove to bake for people. And if people love what I make, it just makes it all the sweeter.
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 03:03 PM
Good Morning Julius!

I'll take 1 of everything! You should tell everyone what's on the menu. It sure is an impressive list.

I haven't started anything. I need to get on the stick. It's really hard when you're still doing last minute cleaning and you have people working in working and under feet. Today there is no one at my house so hopefully I'll be able to get some work done and food made. Hey Julie I'm going to make your Pumpkin crunch and I have to also make something chocolate for my youngest, haven't decided what that will be yet.

So how is everyone in Julie's house today? Is everyone healthy? Anyword from the prodigal father? I guess at this point you are planning on having the girls with you????

Have a great day..........

Love,
Bethie

(note to self:buy the oysters!!!)
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 03:15 PM
Heyya Bethie...

Glad to see you're up and about. I was worried you were coming down with something. One of everything coming up. \:\)

I think you'll love the pumpkin crunch. It's a real delight!

I am feeling very healthy. J is coughing her little head off, poor baby. So she's gonna hang w/ me another day. I can't convince her to take cold meds. Yesterday we went to the store and bought a 3rd medicine cuz she'll try one once and decide it's too icky. So I bought the expensive kind she picked out, we got home, she took some and then a little later said "sorry mom". for what? "because I had you buy that medicine and I'm never going to take it again". At least she's honest. And she doesn't know if I hold her down and plug her nose, she'll have to open her mouth.

Girls called X last night. Of course he didn't answer but he called shortly thereafter. I got the impression from his convo w/ J that he'll be back tomorrow night at the latest. Who knows. I'll just worry about me and the girls and when he decides to show up, he can.

Gotta call the L about the contempt of court issue. Ick.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 03:15 PM
Quote:
(note to self:buy the oysters!!!)

This just makes me crack up.
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 06:44 PM
You know why I'm buying them right? Guess!
Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 07:16 PM
Do what you've got to do. It's not personal, it's not "getting" H, it's holding him to a business agreement. Unpleasant, sure, but don't sweat over it. Let him do whatever to his own credit, but not to yours.

Sorry your peanut is still sick. I love that she's honest about her feelings about the meds. My parents forced Kaopectate down my throat one time (which tastes like serious a$$ and barf pureed together), and I promptly barfed it all over them. They then smelled like it, and I refused to sit near them or even kiss them goodnight.

Have you tried the "spoonful of sugar" method? Have J hold her nose, "shoot" the cold medicine (good training for her 21st b-day), then follow with sugar or a cookie or something. OJ if you can get her to do that--it's good for clearing out phlegm. Don't know why I know all of this (I have no kids), but I do.

I want all of the desserts on your list. What's in the pumpkin crunch? And for some reason blueberries are on sale right now too...the older I get, the less I want chocolate and the more I want fruity desserts. Wonder why?

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and you have an abundant Thanksgiving.

SD
Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 07:17 PM
Oysters = that cr*p you cough up when you've got bronchitis

Wish I liked them, but the texture thing gets in the way....
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 07:26 PM
SD,

Thanks for the oyster visual! MMMM, gotta get me a big honkin' helpin' of that! (I gotta' cook those suckers ya' know)

Hey, if blueberries are available you need to get Julie's blueberry pie recipe. It sounds like it's to die for!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 09:10 PM
Thanks Bethie and SD...

I need to try the spoonful of sugar trick- last night I tried the soda chaser and it wasn't very popular. Awfully suspicious considering I never have soda in the house for the kids. But I might just try a spoonful of good ole brown sugar b/c the kids covet that. Thanks for the good idea.

Bethie... do whatever you want w/ your damn oysters. Gross. I know that your eldest has requested them but I'm sure like mother, like son. Blech.

Pumpkin crunch... here is the recipe. Let me warn you all... it is to die for...
Pumpkin Crunch

1 lg can pumpkin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 can evap milk
½ t salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c walnuts chopped
2 sticks butter melted
cool whip

1. Blend all ingredients except cake mix, nuts, butter and cool whip
2. Pour into a wax paper-lined pan
3. Sprinkle cake mix over batter and lightly press down.
4. sprinkle nuts evenly
5. Pour melted butter on top
6. Bake at 350 for an hour. Cool for a few minutes
7. Flip over onto a platter and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
8. Spread coolwhip on top and refrigerate.

**This is best made the day before Thanksgiving!!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 09:16 PM
Oh... and I got a call back letting me know I wouldn't be getting a call back for a second interview for the job. \:\(
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 09:21 PM
WHOA...........Cool! I knew you'd get their attention!

Hey Julie,

I made my Pumpkin crunch this morning and it let my whole house smelling so good! It was really sweet of you to share it!

Heck I'm going to try the spoonful of sugar thing. I was the kid that always fought the medicine and would always throw up. I'm afraid I not much better even now. I can't even take a vitamin without gagging.

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Committed2Him Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/20/07 11:23 PM
Quote:
Oh... and I got a call back letting me know I wouldn't be getting a call back for a second interview for the job.

Quote:
WHOA...........Cool! I knew you'd get their attention!

Aw Bethie, kick a girl when she' down, huh? Shame, shame, shame!!!

Julie, their loss! Actually, when these sort of things happen, to me, I tend to be disappointed and then tell myself "God knows why this was not in His plan at this time" and then I move on.

You were mentioning the scheduling might not work, etc. so something else is likely in the cards for you. (Sorry about that Bethie, I guess she's more honory than we thought )
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/21/07 12:27 AM
Oh C2, she knows I'm just joshing her, right Julius? Although, they called her back didn't they?

She just wasn't suppose to get this job. No biggie!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/21/07 04:46 PM
Mmm... pumpkin crunch. I'll be making that today.

C2, you're absolutely right. Something bigger and better is in the cards for me. It just stings a little to be rejected. \:\)

Off to supervise a visitation. Have a great day, friends!
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/21/07 05:06 PM
Good Morning Girfriend....

How's life treating you today? Do you know how special you are? It's not just because of your Pumpkin Crunch recipe or that kick-a$$ blueberry pie. The point I'm trying to make is that it really doesn't matter if your friends did meet out OW. That in no way takes the person that you are out of the equasion in the friendship. Besides, who knows how they ended up there. They probably called or dropped in leaving your friends no choice.

I bet that after he left they looked at each and thought...........DUMBA$$!

Love you,
Bethie
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/21/07 08:21 PM
Thanks Bethie...

Had a bit of a rough evening last night. D6 was still coughing her bloody head off (but the brown sugar chaser did make the meds go down nicely, even this morning!) and X called to talk to her. She hacked the whole time and I could tell from her end of the convo that he and OW went to visit our BFFs in the NW - only a couple of hours from where his uncle's funeral was. So I was a little envious of that, I guess, and then D6 hung up and proceeded to cough so hard she vomited all over me and the bed. We got that taken care of, but I had to wonder what kind of sign I was receiving.

Anyway, making great progress on the desserts and the house is clean so life feels really good! Hope it's good for you all, too!
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/22/07 01:03 PM
Julie I hope things smooth out and you have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving! \:\)
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/22/07 01:05 PM
I hope everyone feels better today.

You get to be with the girls, that is better than anywhere your X and the road kill are gonna be.

Have a great Thanksgiving sweetie
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/22/07 01:10 PM
Hey, Julie,

The "Sweetest" of Thanksgivings to you and your family!

(thanks for the recipe...new tradition here)

besos,
BA
Posted By: Astimegoeson Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/22/07 02:57 PM
Hi Julie,

Hope everyone is feeling better today. Have a nice Thanksgiving sweety!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/23/07 04:53 PM
Pam, Lissie, BA, Tom- Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday.

I survived the dessert bar and there, as usual, was way too much left over. SO I sent most of it home w/ others. X had the girls for part of the day and they came to the dessert bar so I got them nice and sugared up before sending them back w/ him last night.

Woke up to 3-4 inches this morning. I am soooo not ready for snow. So now we are counting down the days to December... jingle and jangle for the girls and RAK (random acts of kindness) for me. Last year I tried to do 1 nice thing for someone else for every day in December to bring in the new year on a positive note. Could be shoveling their walk, brushing snow off their car, letting them cut in line in the groc store, buying coffee for the secretary at school, etc. The point is that it makes me feel good and I like that. So I love this time of year.

Alright, have a good one, friends!

Julie
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/23/07 06:16 PM
Hi Julius...........

Yes I like random to perform random acts of kindness as well, that's why I'm writing to you! Alright, bad joke.

Glad your day was a good one and the desert bar was a success seeing how hard you worked on it. Nice touch on drugging the girls too. Dear old Dad deserves a little excitement in his life as well!

Snow, UGH!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/25/07 11:29 PM
Isn't it time for you to be on your way home yet?
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/25/07 11:40 PM
Stop heckling me lady or I'll call security on you!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/26/07 04:18 AM
Won't do any good. She just flashes them and they let her walk.....
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/26/07 07:19 PM
Well there is some truth to that. What Jill forgot to throw in there was that what I flash are my pearly whites. I've tried to explain to her a million times about the laws of attraction, but she doesn't get it.

So she'll just keep trying to get her way with them by flashing her flat hairy chest. Talk about cheeseless tunnels....and attractive??? I think not!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/26/07 08:09 PM
Grossssssssssssssssss!
Posted By: forever21 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/27/07 07:36 PM
Hi Jules!

You matter. \:\)
Posted By: forever21 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/27/07 07:38 PM
Thank you for being a friend. You are such a great one. \:\)
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/27/07 11:17 PM
Hi sweetie... I think YOU'RE a great friend. So thanks back...
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/27/07 11:27 PM
BTW, I had a wonderful meeting today w/ the counselor's I work with. E is so confident that he has enough work for me. And this is all stuff that I am able to work around my schedule and my kids! I am so lucky! When I walked into the meeting, E asked me if I'd gotten a job yet (he knew I was looking at other part-time opps to supplement) and I said "I thought this was my job" and he said "Perfect! Because tomorrow I am going to a meeting where we are trying to put together a cutting-edge program and I don't know yet where you will fit in, but there's a lot of money and I will find a place for you"

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

I LOVE MY LIFE!

and I swam a mile today. \:D
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/27/07 11:57 PM
Quote:
I don't know yet where you will fit in, but there's a lot of money and I will find a place for you"

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

I LOVE MY LIFE!

DANG that is great.

I hope it all works out.

How are the babies? did their cold go away?

And

Quote:
and I swam a mile today

OMG shut it, show off, (sigh) I'm jealous.
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/28/07 12:30 AM
Julius...........

Thanks for putting me in touch with Peyton today. It really helped!
Posted By: SallyM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/28/07 12:38 AM
wow, julie, that is awesome! (both the job with lots of money, and the swimming)

sounds like a great day \:\)
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/28/07 04:58 PM
Thanks ladies...

Ugh, need advice... I just got a different job offer. That I really want to do. But the money is not so much. And then I have my wonderful 'benefactors' yesterday telling me they got me covered. And I really want to do that to. I need more hours in my week.

So tell me to shut up and stop whining.

I'm off to swim and think.
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/28/07 05:09 PM
isn't it so much better though to have options than none at all????

have a good swim
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/28/07 07:07 PM
Ugh, need advice... I just got a different job offer. That I really want to do. But the money is not so much. And then I have my wonderful 'benefactors' yesterday telling me they got me covered. And I really want to do that to. I need more hours in my week.
Tough choices, Julie! So, what if you take the "long view" - which of your opportunities do you think has the best chance of developing into something, say in a year or two, that will support you adequately and make you the happiest?
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/28/07 08:47 PM
Congratulations!

It must feel good to be in demand! Julius, I have no doubt that you'll figure this one out and you'll come out on top once again.
Rob gave you some great advice. Now you have to sort through what's best for you, not just for now for in the longrun!

Love,
Bethie ;\)
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/28/07 10:51 PM
Joooolie!!!

How exciting for you to not know which job to take. Geeze, I don't read your thread for a couple of days and you've got all kinds of great stuff happening. Good for you!!!

My advice, after working a job I hated for 30 yrs.....take the job you think you'll love and hopefully the money will end up being there.
Posted By: SallyM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 12:23 AM
wow, julie, that is great! I know it will be tough to decide, make sure you give yourself time to really weigh the pros and cons of each.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 05:00 PM
Rob, as usual you give great advice. I always appreciate you stopping by. Hope all is going really well for you- you deserve that!!!

Bethie, Jilly and (sally)M-
Thanks so much ladies... I appreciate you as always. I have made a decision and I did just talk to the guy I am currently working with and will be talking to the prospective employer in a couple of hours so I will let you know my decision and what current employer said to me today in a couple of hours. Right now I have to run to meet clients.

All is great in my world. Just feeling so fortunate and blessed and HAPPY!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 05:01 PM
Jill--

Quote:
Geeze, I don't read your thread for a couple of days

WTF??!!!?!!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 05:28 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Geeze, I don't read your thread for a couple of days

WTF??!!!?!!!!

Well it's out now. She can't read. She has a high school girl come to her house every couple of days to read the board and write her posts. Good thing for her that strippers have to only be really good at er.....stripping!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 07:40 PM
Hello friends...

Back from swimming so I feel peaceful. \:\) Life is goooood. And today, for once, I don't wanna be Bethie, I wanna be ME! ;\)

So starting with the new job opp... this is the one for the transporter/translater where they are starting a new program in our area to combat low birth weights in lower economic groups via giving better access to health/nutrition/prenatal care. Sounds soooo awesome. And the PE(prospective employer) offered me the job yesterday. It's 15 hours a week and a pretty low wage. So I went back and forth b/c it's a job I can really enjoy. But in the end, I charted my schedule and it would take too much time from my kids and take away time from the people I'm currently working with who are paying me really well. I decided to let PE know I just couldn't pull off 15 hours per week. That was a real load off my mind.

Then this morning, I got a call from CE(current employer) to say his meeting on the new program he's developing went really well and they are going to be doing some really cool things and they will get it kicked off after the first of the year and they will be able to get me enough hours. So more validation of my decision, which is a good thing.

I just went by to talk to PE to let her know my decision and why and to also let her know that I still might be able to work with her in the future and she said she will keep me in mind and she wants me to keep watching for their job postings as they have a program they're starting in a few months that will require a coord for the meth coalition. Good stuff. No bridges burned there and she seemed genuinely disappointed I wouldn't be able to join her team.

I just received a phone call from a gal that does interpreting locally and she said they are looking for interpreters and I should call and she offered to mentor me and brush up on my Spanish. So... I have that in my back pocket as well.

So... who doesn't want to be me today????

\:D
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 08:05 PM
Yay!

That all sounds wonderful, and you are right, the way it all came together, it certainly validates your own choices and the path you are on.

Good for you!

So whatcha got planned to celebrate?
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 08:13 PM
Wow, what a great question, BA! Hmmm... I imagine my celebration will take the form of allowing myself to do some Christmas shopping for the girls. We're going to cut our tree this weekend and paint ornaments at the pottery place so I'll enjoy that as well.

I sure wish it was more exciting. But Ms Responsibility is a b!tch.
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 08:15 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh

A movie and a blankie snuggles to celebrate and coffee lovers ice cream from cold stone

well....

I mean if it were me...I would celebrate that way!!!!

Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 08:22 PM
Bitchalina...sounds more girlie.

I think that sounds like a terrific way to celebrate, especially the tree cutting and the handpainted oranaments. <sigh>

So lemme ask you...can you drag a full size live tree into your house and get it up by yourself??

'Cause I REALLY want one this year, but you know who did that, loading it in the truck and getting it out and sawing off the bottom, and putting it in the stand and lugging it in the house...

Instead, I can just see me, like, lying for days on the front sidewalk underneath a tree, whimpering, while the dogs stand, with their noses pressed against the front door glass, barking, "mom, get your ass up, we're hungry..."

So 'esplain to me Lucy, your plan for pulling this off, so I can learn how to do it.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 08:26 PM
Well...

My mom has done it for years and she always gets 9 foot trees that are huge. So I figure if she can handle it, so can I. I'm planning on being able to do it. Also, the tree farm we go to has hay rides and clydesdales and hot cider and they drill a hole in the bottom of the tree so all you have to do is buy one of their stands and when you get home, you put it in there and it is plumb already. So this year I will be splurging for one of their stands.

Plan on being able to do it, BA. You can!!! But it will be funny, that I guarantee. I'm just going to make sure I'm wearing a long shirt and my pants are pulled up so the people driving by don't get to see my tush. Lol.. And there is a cute guy that lives a few blocks away if I get desperate. ;\)
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 09:28 PM
Alright, Missy...

I accept your challenge, and I will put my tree up myownself this year.

No table top, fake, lights already strung on it, sissy tree for me!

I'm going all the way, real tree in my house again this year!

Cause I gotta have the smell...it's all about the smell.
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 09:42 PM
Well gee girls! I just made the decision that I didn't think I could handle all the real tree stuff and my gf is loaning me her 6' artificial tree that she doesn't put up!!! Now I feel like I wimped out!

On the other hand I have 3 dogs there that have never had a tree in their house and the artificial one might not generate the kind of interest a real one would.

Julie CONGRATULATIONS on all the super affirmation of YOU!!

Oh yeah, buying lots o Christmas scented candles!!
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 09:57 PM
Oh, pish posh, you didn't wimp out...we all do what we do.

I had a table top artificial tree last year because I just couldn't face doing it by myself. I just want the smell of a real one again this year.

Besides, you went out and found yourself a man...I think you're still one up, girlie.
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/29/07 10:20 PM
All is great in my world. Just feeling so fortunate and blessed and HAPPY!

So... who doesn't want to be me today????

So I figure if she can handle it, so can I. I'm planning on being able to do it.

Now THAT is the Julie we know and love!!!
Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/30/07 03:05 AM
Yeah, I DO wanna be you today!

Congrats on the job decision, but even more, CONGRATS on trusting yourself. Do you realize what a wonderful future you have?

You're a rock star, Julie!

SD
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/30/07 08:19 PM
Awww, thanks Rob and SD! I think I'm a SUPERSTAR! (said in my best molly shannon voice).

Having a pretty good day. Had clients, went swimming and getting ready to go meet w/ some new clients. Then I am hanging out with my 2 nephews tonight (ages 6 and 2) while my sister and BIL go to a Christmas party (that X will be at w/ OW and he asked me to watch our girls but I was already committed to my sister). Good times. Love my life.

I had a chat w/ X last night about D4's knee problems. We're still working on that and he wants to try something different so I gave the go-ahead. Then he asked me about Christmas morning. I told him I just am not in a place to do that. It isn't fair to the girls to be in an awkward sitch where they have to make one of us feel more comfortable. He then said 'I bet you don't really like being around me that much'. And I said no, I don't. But that I owe it to the kids to be able to be around you and it isn't fair to them so I am working on that and working on it hard. My goal is to change this part of me, but for now, it is still too soon.

He isn't happy. But I'm ready to start my own traditions.

Alright... I'm ready for a nap. But better get my stuff together for my next clients. Chao!
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 11/30/07 08:26 PM
New traditions are healthy and also good for the soul. Doing things as you have always done only reminds us that the person we started the old traditions with is gone.

You did good with being honest about your feelings. It's not your responsibility to include him and as we talked about before, if the situations were reversed, more than likely you wouldn't be invited, especially for the couple of years he'll be celebrating with OW. After that ... who knows?

;\)
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/02/07 12:56 AM
Good for you Julie on standing up for yourself and your feelings.

I'm sure you will start some wonderful new traditions, you seem very creative. \:\)
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/02/07 03:28 AM
funny Julie
but my S said to me when he was down at Thanksgiving and I was getting the decorations out, " so mom, what are our new traditions gonna be this year??" I had to laugh, the word " tradition" and "new" dont really mesh do they?
I understand though, sometimes we are forced to change things up a bit, we may be a bit skeptical at first, but who knows, these new traditions may be the very very best ones yet!

You will make wonderful new ones! like Pam said you seem very creative, and personally I think your really funny! love your rips on Bethie hahahahahahaa
Have a good night w/ the kiddies!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/02/07 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
I think your really funny! love your rips on Bethie hahahahahahaa

That's what's endeared you to most of us.....
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/02/07 05:43 PM
Do you find it's funny, Like in Haha to makes fun of those less fortunate?
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 12:48 AM
Well Karen and Jilly... I've pretty much been the person who is friends w/ everyone. So I've decided ENOUGH! I'm gonna start picking on the fat, slow kids... Knowhutimean?

Wow Bethie... Have you been drinking today? Your post make no sense. Love ya!

Sooooo... long frickin' day today w/ clients. And my kiddos had to (excuse me, got to) hang w/ my folks. So at one point, x picks the kids up to go get the Christmas tree for his house. Fine, whatever. I figure if I don't get mine this week, I'll grab them on his Sunday next week to do it. Takes pressure off me. So I was back about an hour and he calls to say they'll be back soon, but can the girls just stay w/ them for dinner. No, that doesn't work for me, I say. He responds it's your right to refuse. So I tell him I'll compromise w/ him that the girls can have dinner w/them tonight and next Sunday I'll pick them up to go get my tree and they can stay for dinner with us. Within 30 minutes, they were on my doorstep. Anyway...

Life is still good, folks! I've had a very productive weekend and look forward to an adult beverage tonight!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 01:41 AM
Man........I swear if he's not calling the shots he doesn't want to play!! WA WA You really are becoming a hard A$$!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 05:12 AM
Julie
Will you make fun of Bethie please? you are sooooooo funny when you do!!! \:\)
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 02:52 PM
Julie....

way to stick up for yourself and your beliefs.

Nicely done!!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 05:04 PM
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
Julie
Will you make fun of Bethie please? you are sooooooo funny when you do!!! \:\)

Ok K, I put up with your begging at my expense on your thread. Heck, I didn't even say anything about your whining post on my thread, but now you're going around the board asking for me to be "picked on"??? What's up with that?

Besides, Julius is turning over a new leaf being that this is the Christmas season and all. RIGHT JULIUS? ;\)
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 07:47 PM
Thanks ladies...

Am I turning over a new leaf??? Hmmm, thinking about it. I am 3 days into my random acts of kindness for the month of December and I haven't done anything for today so maybe I'll be nice to Bethie... oh yeah, too late for that. Maybe tomorrow.
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 08:01 PM
Man,

I forgot about days 1 and 2 already! Do we get penalized if we miss a couple of day here and there? I do have somethings planed already. If anyone would like to come by Walmart I will be ringing the bell tomorrow from 4 to 6 and I'm bringing some of our old winter comes to a clothing drive this weekend. I have to think of something for today, oh and for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...well actually for the whole month I guess. I'm sure opportunitiees will present themselves.

Oh Oh ....does giving a lady at the mall yesterday the discount coupon that I wasn't using a random act of kindness or just enabling?
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 08:16 PM
Lol.. I'd count it as an act of kindness because I'm sure it made her feel good.

Walmart, 4-6AM sounds a little over-zealous. Your acts of kindness don't have to be totally oddball. ;\)

Hope you're having a great day, sweetie! I just talked to my sister and she was telling me about a reaction that a spouse of one co-worker teacher had after meeting X last weekend at the Christmas party and it wasn't pretty. It feels kinda bad when things are going so well for me and I feel so on top of the world to hear that his life might not be all that he wants it to.

Keep reminding me that my happiness is not affecting his, ok...
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 08:32 PM
Quote:
It feels kinda bad when things are going so well for me and I feel so on top of the world to hear that his life might not be all that he wants it to.

Ah but we are each responsible for our own happiness and you are chosing to be happy and work towards what increases your happiness.

He on the other hand chose the actions and life that isn't maybe making him as happy as he thought it would.

You go girl! \:\)
Posted By: care Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 08:39 PM
Hi Julie,

Can't wait to hear about Jingle and Jangle this Christmas season. As well as your Random Acts of Kindess. Some of those stories last year helped me get through the holidays.

I've tried to institute random acts of kindness in my home with the family, including H; so we do little things for each other; make each others beds, clear the table, clean the bedrooms, etc.. Seems to have helped though the kids (and H) do need a few reminders now and again. We'll start with this and then we'll move it to outside the family. As in all things, baby steps....

Happy Monday,
carrie
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/03/07 09:26 PM
Julie,

DUH!!!!! I don't know that anyone can be really happy when you have done the kind of things that our ex's have. Besides, the way they went about for happiness, we both know that they didn't look in the right place. The way I see it is that you owe it to yourself and your kids to pay attention to your happiness. The fact that you even care only shows your soft heart.

I like what Pam had to sayin reminding us that "we are each responsible for our own happiness". I don't we can remind ourselves of that enough or the fact that it's our choice and ours alone!

Care,

Thanks for retelling your acts of kindness. Sometimes I think because I didn't do something big that it doesn't qualify, but that's not true. The intention of the heart is what's most important!
Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/04/07 01:29 AM
Ah, Julie....

Not only does your happiness not impact your H's in any way, there is *plenty* of happiness in the world to go around and then some. Every single person on this planet could be happy, and there would *still* be lots left over.

Let me 'splain something dearie. While H was off trolling for happiness outside of himself and outside of his marriage, YOU were working on making yourself happy regardless of anything outside of you that happened. Your hard work is paying off...and your H is realizing that all that stuff he did isn't making him happy beyond his wildest dreams. He still has that work on himself to do...and so, don't feel sorry for him.

I mean that in a good way, dearie. Because I know you wish him well...and it's hard to see someone you love hurting. However, if he doesn't feel this pain, he doesn't have the opportunity to grow and develop as you have. Painful experiences are life's way of helping us grow and learn how to be happy on our own.

I'm proud of you, big time. You've been through lots, and you're coming out the other side of a divorce HAPPY, authentically so. What a triumph to be able to do that and appreciate all the blessings in your life, to come out whole instead of broken! Not only that, but the way you continue to give JOYFULLY to your children and to random strangers...all I've got to say is wow.

You inspire me, Julie. Take note of your accomplishments, and don't feel guilty because others haven't reached that point yet. It's their journey to take, not yours. So love them, appreciate them, support them, pray for them but let them do their own hard work as you have done yourself.

SD
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/04/07 03:39 PM
Ah thanks, Pam, Carrie, Bethie and SD. You all are so right. I guess as glad as I am to not be a part of X's life right now, I do still want happiness for him b/c if nothing else it trickles down to my kids. My kids deserve the best.

I am feeling a little anxious today and I'm not sure why. I don't think it's due to anything associated w/ X (D6 asked me this morning if I'll ever get remarried and then said her dad is thinking about marrying OW. No surprise there. Then when I took D6 to school, I was sitting in my sister's room and saw X walk by w/ a coffee for OW - she was on recess duty). It might be b/c I am getting busy with work and want to make sure that I am covering everyone and doing a good job with everyone. My 'employer' called already this morning to give me a message to call Joe Lawyer that left a message for me, probably about one of the clients I supervise and then said he wanted to advise me to get malpractice ins as that is SOP in my new line of work. I think this might be causing my unease... that I have to call a L. Isn't that crazy? I need to make good friends w/ a L so I stop feeling so anxious every time I get a call/letter from one.

So, Sd... thanks for saying I inspire you. That means a lot. I am just trying to be true to who I am. And I feel GOOD when I am good to my kids and even strangers. I need that, it's like a drug for me. So it isn't entirely selfless. \:\)

Carrie... thank you for stopping by. So glad to hear your family is doing the RAK... it's good for kids. When I came downstairs this morning, D6 was in her room cleaning up and when she heard me, she turned off her light and jumped back in bed. This is where I see it come back to me. \:\) Jingle and Jangle have been bringing some fun little treats- lip gloss, notebooks, bubble bath - and there are even more to come!

Pam - you are so right that we are responsible for our own happiness and I need that reminder. This 'journey' has shown me that I am responsible for my happiness and I never really got that before. So I am going to keep making it all about me. \:\) Have a great day!

Bethie... you are right, I owe it to my kids to be happy. ANd that is why I want X to be happy too... it will trickle down. You see that. But I can only control me and I need to not worry about him. Heck, OW's lease is up this month so I'm sure she'll be moving in soon so he will get happier.

Take care, friends...
Julie
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 01:33 AM
I need some Christmas cheer. I am such an idiot. Somehow today I 'misplaced' my credit cards and a gift card w/ my grocery and gas money for the month (let's just say it was A LOT of money). Well, I just called one of the cards and it's already been used. So I am just sick. I was sooo hoping I'd find it in my house.

So... I'm hoping to find a better mood tomorrow to continue the holiday cheer.

Sadjulie
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 01:37 AM
((((((Julie))))))

I'm sick just reading those words and I'm so sorry that this is happening to you!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 01:40 AM
Dang!!! I'm so sorry, Julie. (((Jooolie)))

Hope you can get this straightened out soon.
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 01:59 AM
Julie I'm so sorry. \:\(

{{{{{{{{{{{ Julie }}}}}}}}}}
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 02:16 AM
Oh Julie
I'm sorry too. ((( J )))
Tomorrow will be better. It will!
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 03:09 PM
Can you call and have them stop the transactions and then put the money back on
(I know I live in a dream world but but but but....)

Yikes

hugs to you
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 03:13 PM
Jules, (sigh) I am so sorry.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone. I feel blah today. I know that this is all due to my carelessness (and trusting nature), but it really gets me down that people would take advantage of others. The credit cards are canceled. And the grocery store is researching the last transaction I made to see if they can come up with the gift card number to be able to cancel it. But, who knows...

I guess we just keep our fingers crossed.

Kids are doing great. When D6 heard I lost my cards, she told me not to get them replaced b/c I might just get new ones for Christmas. ( ) Then she 'whispered' to my sister that she wants to give them to me secretly and sign 'from you know who'. ( ) I am raising GREAT kids.

Another positive. I talked to X last night and he told me about a court appearance today that I didn't realize we had to be present for. So that saved me some face.

Good things are out there. I'm just looking a little deeper to find them.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 03:31 PM
Quote:
I am raising GREAT kids.

You sure are , aww they are so sweet.

Sorry about all of this mess. And I hope that who ever took the money is b/c they had no food, or shelter, and they really needed it to survive
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 03:46 PM
So far no luck w/ the store (they can only pull up the last 4 digits) and the gift card company is like "we treat this like cash, sorry" but they gave me a number for the regional loss prevention officer and she is trying to work her magic. It's a long shot, and I'm praying for a miracle. And feeling a little green...
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 03:47 PM
Jules, I am so sorry you are having to go through this...

It is sad, and it does diminish our trust and make us feel like we have to be on our guard.

Maybe if they try to use the blocked cards again, they will get nabbed.

And hopefully the grocery store can cancel the gift card and reimburse you with a new one.

I know it's hard, but look for the silver lining....you weren't held up by someone trying to take them, and you caught it quickly.

You're in my prayers, sweets and yes, Lissie is right, those babies are turning out great and it's because of you.

besos,
BA
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 05:02 PM
Julius........

So it's not a visa or MC gift card but a grocery store card? Wouldn't that mean that they can cancel or freeze that card and transfer the balance to a new one? I hope that that's how they will handle it.

Of course you have the best kids because they have the best Mom. That's a no brainer...DUH!

Love,
Bethie ;\)
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 05:09 PM
Thanks BA and Bethie... I sure hope it works out.

Bethie... they need my whole card number as groc store gift cards are harder to trace. So...

Quote:
When D6 heard I lost my cards, she told me not to get them replaced b/c I might just get new ones for Christmas. ( ) Then she 'whispered' to my sister that she wants to give them to me secretly and sign 'from you know who'.

I was just telling this to my mom and I walked over by the computer and there was an envelope w/ my name on it signed 'from you know who' with cash in it- 2/3 of the money I lost. I protested. My mom is a jerk and would not take 'no' for an answer. I'm so lucky.

Still waiting to hear back from the grocery store.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 05:10 PM
And thanks ladies for validating that my kids are great and that I'm a great mom. Make my heart sing.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 05:13 PM
Random acts of Kindness are being put into place

and I love you mom
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 06:38 PM
So... the good news... $58 is still on my groc card. The bad news... they spent $400. I'm such an idiot. I just filed a police report. They may be able to catch this person, but that won't get my money back. What an expensive lesson in carelessness.
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 06:42 PM
sorry Julie

\:\(
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 06:45 PM
Well, honey, if they stole a gift card, and used it, and left money on it, then clearly they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer...

So, increased chance they will get caught.

And, if they do, you may well get your money back at some point, if they are ordered to pay restitution.

Don't be so hard on yourself...
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 06:48 PM
Julie, can you loan me some money?????? HAHAHA.....
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 06:51 PM
Thanks fig and BA...

The thing is, the police can call the loss prevention office I talked to and they will tell them exactly what register and what time they used my card and chances are good that the security camera would have caught them. So... bad for them, but not necessarily good that I will get my $ back.

Too much drama for me.
Posted By: ford Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 06:54 PM
I used to lose money ALL the time, I could never find it.

then a certain someone moved out and I haven't lost a dime since!

don't kick yourself in the nards too hard over this, sheeit happens.

ya know?
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 06:58 PM
Julie,

I hope you get some of your money back but thank goodness everything is now put to a stop.

Hugs to you and don't beat yourself up. You do the best you can do and sometimes our best is a slip!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 08:43 PM
Well, just got off the phone w/ my L and the judge. The final orders trial is set for March 17th. The hope is that we will settle prior to that.
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 09:35 PM
Oh Julie,

Let the games begin! As much as I was anxious to get it all behind me, I still met the date with mixed emotions. Let's have a drink!
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 09:41 PM
Boy that date still resonates with me. It is the date that OW had finally got D talked into filing on so they filed the same day. Day after she announced the d at the hugh March dog show cluster.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Julie }}}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 10:05 PM
Tough couple of days for you Julie - HUGS!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/05/07 11:28 PM
Hey Joools!!!

You really do have the best kids ever!!! And, your mom ain't too shabby either.
Posted By: SDFoundGirl Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 01:25 AM
Sorry for the cr*p, Julie, but really, looking at the positives is your best bet.

Look at the wonderful things that came out of this:

Your girls *get* it. Really. A lot. They understand empathy...and I know from experience that not all kids really understand this just because it's their mommy. They've learned this from you, sweetie, and what an amazing, wonderful thing to find out about your kids. It really makes me want to weep.

You also found out you are always supported. Accept the help, dear. You'd offer it to others, so it's available to you as well. Know that you are loved and always supported, no matter what.

I really believe that nothing happens by accident, and so it's a matter of looking at each situation to find out what it teaches you. There is a gift in all of it.

You are amazing. Someday I want to be you!

SD
Posted By: koshka Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 03:50 AM
Julie,

Sounds like a very crappy day.

Your kids are beautiful. When all the money on that card is gone, they'll still be beautiful. When the fraudulent credit card charges are all cleared, your kids will be still beautiful. When this day and all the pain and stress that came with it are just a distant memory, your kids will still be beautiful.

March 17th is quite a ways off. Whatcha gonna do next on the Jingle and Jangle front?

Hugs and prayers,

Joe
Posted By: care Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 01:23 PM
Looks like St. Patricks Day will take on a whole new meaning for you. Are you Irish, BTW? I say start the green beer now.

Made me start to cry when I read about your mom and the $$ and note. How sweet is that. Every dark cloud has a silver lining.

hope today is better.
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 02:19 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOh

you could do like an Irish wake for the marriage

get kegs and play music and invite everyone you know!!!!!

My uncle's funeral was this way and it helped me remember my uncle in the best way instead of the somber funeral way!!!!
Maybe it will work with this too

as a matter of fact

maybe I'll do one now (well not now but in the summer) to "celebrate" mine too
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 05:07 PM
I am touched by the friendship I have here and I continue to be touched. For those of you who have reached out to me to offer support and more, thank you. You bring me to tears. I cannot say enough about the people on this board. You are all class acts. Thank you for your friendship. But please know that I am ok and will be ok. I cannot accept more than your friendship b/c I feel so overwhelmingly blessed to have that as it is. Thank you and my God bless each and every one of you in the years to come.

Three good things happened today:
1. I swam a mile (it was hard to make myself go back to the pool after having been stolen from there 2 days ago, but I did).
2. I bought gas for $2.82/gal!!! WOO HOO, It's like Christmas!!!!!
3. I went to the store to get my gift card replaced along w/ the $58 that was left on it and they were able to pinpoint who used my card and have video of this female buying antifreeze (can you use that to make drugs? Just curious) and have given that to the police. So this thief will be caught and will hopefully have to pay restitution.

Have a great day, friends. I cherish you all.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 05:08 PM
Oh, and almost forgot...

about the March 17 date... I am not dreading it at all. I will celebrate the freedom I will gain at that time as only good things are in store for me and my girls!
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 05:12 PM
Oh, and almost forgot...

about the March 17 date... I am not dreading it at all. I will celebrate the freedom I will gain at that time as only good things are in store for me and my girls!

I know what you mean Julie. I no longer look at the dicorce as the ending of something instead it is the beginning of something wonderful. It is the start of a new chapter that will be better than the previous ones!!!!!
Posted By: SallyM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 05:13 PM
wow, julie, that sounds like a great day!!! good for you!!!! amazing that they were able to pinpoint who used it, btw. (and wow on the gas price...who'd have ever thought we'd celebrate a price so high? wow).
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 05:38 PM
you make meth with antifreeze
and cold medicine

congrats for the mile at the pool!!!
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 06:02 PM
Ugh, that's what I was afraid of.
Posted By: forever21 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 06:35 PM
Hey Julie!!!

You sound great, and it brings a big smile to my face. Yay. Yay. YAY!!!

Good for you for going to the pool again today. And congrats on another mile!

I'm glad, even sorta excited, they found the thief.

Thanks for spreading the holiday cheer! You're the best!! And... LOVE your PMA today! Your three good things reminds me of our convo last night(while I talked on my Mom's phone, lol). Maybe we should all try to share "what's good?" on our threads every day. As you know, this is the first question my C asks me at each visit. There are always good things happening, no matter how tough things are.

Thank you for your Christmas spirit, Jules. I may just end up getting into it myself because yours is contagious.

Enjoy that beverage of yours. Have a great rest of your day! Love you!
Posted By: fig Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 06:46 PM
and if that is what they are doing...stealing your card got them busted and that can potentially save a lot of people!!!!!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/06/07 09:25 PM
Julie
Good for you on the date, I know it may sound crazy after trying to save our M for so long, but when you have decided this is what needs to be done , it is a weight off !! and its a new begining!

Great on them maybe nabbing the people who got your card! wow n ever knew that about antifreeze! crazy.

Have a good day again! \:\)
Posted By: FA Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/07/07 12:40 AM
Hey Jules....what it be!!!

Just chatting with TRIP right now....how are ya!
Posted By: Trip Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/07/07 04:11 AM
So sorry and that sucks what happened, but you have a great attitude, Julie!
Make sure you toast to yourself next opportunity!
Posted By: shoeprincess Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/07/07 04:40 AM
sorry for the bad stuff with the cards. \:\( what loosers steal someones things... you sound great though!
Posted By: psluke Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/07/07 01:48 PM
Good Morning Julie!

It is Friday and I'm hoping you are smiling today.
Posted By: Lissie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/07/07 01:52 PM
Hey sugar, hope you are doing great today.
Posted By: inspiredjulie Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/07/07 02:23 PM
Hey friends... thanks for stopping by...

I'm so ready for this week to be over. Having some difficulties w/ one of my challenging clients and the GAL and caseworker seem to be making me the whipping girl. Ugh. I talked to my supervisor last night and the key thing is that he stands behind me and thinks I'm doing a good job. Just tough stuff to hear so I cried about it a little. Hope to just move forward now and have a great day. So, it's been a week from Hell, but my kids are healthy and I finished Christmas shopping for them yesterday.

For those of you who have emailed me(and others) offering help, you're real gems. Thank you. I'll be fine.
Posted By: forever21 Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/07/07 08:47 PM
Hi Jules,

I'm sorry this week has been a bad one for you. Times like this can make the others that much sweeter. Sweet like your dessert bar on Thansgiving. Speaking of desserts, I just thought of your lavender cake the other day and mentioned it to my bro. Can't wait to try it some day.

I can only imagine how hard it is to be in the position you are with that challenging client. Try to remember that they are the ones with the problems, and you are doing your best job for them. Some people are never satisfied unless they can be making problems or drama for others. Maybe they are upset they can't pull you into their fight. If that's the case... Good. Keep DBing them. \:\)

I hope you are having a great day. WooHoo! Congrats on already finishing Christmas shopping for your girls!!

Let those unhappy people bring themselves down, and you hold your head up. Be proud of the job you're doing.

(((((Julie)))))

Love you! Be good to yourself. You matter.
Posted By: BethM Re: Perfect by Thursday - 12/08/07 01:34 AM
What about me? I put up with your e-mails and texts, wouldn't that make me a gem as well?

Sorry that the caseworker made you question yourself. You know what kind of job you've done. It sounds like politics to me and you are caught in the middle. It sucks but it's not surprising.

So what's up for the weekend, besides work? I hope you have something fun planned............

Love,
Bethie
© DivorceBusting.com