Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Fender The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 12:47 PM
Last one was locked up yesterday. So, continuing with my Pink Floyd themed thread names I picked this one. It is kind of how I feel at the moment.

Coffee of course is still hot and fresh, not to mention free.
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 12:53 PM
Morning,

And since I'm the first to arrive on the scene,

I'll take mine with Bailey's Irish Cream!

thanks,
BA
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 12:57 PM
I love Bailey's, great stuff. Hope your day is starting off well?
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 01:11 PM
WOOT! My mom has been here since Monday afternoon and she has whipped the kids into shape, clean the house and now she wants to take me shopping for new cookware. She says the teflon is damaged on my current pots and pans and that is bad. I said mom if you want to buy me new pots and pans I am all for it.
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 01:25 PM
Aren't moms great???
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 01:27 PM
My mom rocks.
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 02:06 PM
Pink Floyd and the WALL. That rocks also.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 03:18 PM
Morning Fender!

I agree with No Hill you gotta' love "The Wall" but for me it's "The Final Cut".

Coffee/light/no sugar......please!
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 04:22 PM
smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooches Fender

and a smoooooooooooooooooocher for your mom too!!!

hope today is delicious for you
Posted By: Rob1231 Re: The Thin Ice - 11/07/07 10:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Fender
So, continuing with my Pink Floyd themed thread names I picked this one.
Darn, here I thought you had switched to Jethro Tull (how's that for showing my age?) ;\)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 12:42 PM
G'Morning DB land. Coffee all around, any style, any condiment and as always it's free.

Well I got an 83 on the test. Not too good really however it is better than I thought.

Mom took me shopping and bought me some really nice cookware. Then she made a meatloaf while I made a pumpkin pie. First time ever for me but it turned out great.

GF and I are going to a college basketball game Friday night. Should be a good time.

Fig thanks for the smooches, I love'em.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 12:42 PM
Rob, I like Jethro too!
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 12:48 PM
Hey, Fender, I am always ready with an empty cup, especially when there's frost on the punkin, like this morning.

I think your test score is pretty good, considering how down you sounded afterwards. Onward and upward!

BA
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 02:18 PM
Yeah Fender!!!

83 is passing and that is what it needs to be!!!

Woot woot woot

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHES

and I ma having coffee and my boss bought us bagels from pannera (or however you spell it)

so I am eatinga cinnamon crunch bagel with honey walnut cream cheese, drinking my coffee with cream andtaosting your math success!!!

AND

congrats on the pie!!! I am a pie fanatic and am making 3 this weekend...2 rhubarb custard and one apple (to be servedwith cinnamon ice cream) and I made up a batch of pie crusts yesterday (super secret recipe) woot woot

wanna come over with the gf for pie this weekend and then catch a hockey game on Sat?

smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooches (extra cuz you are so smoochable!!!)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 03:00 PM
Fig I would love to come over and watch the game. Plus if apple pie is involved all the better.

Honey Walnut cream cheese, OMG that sounds devine.

BA, thanks for the kind words. You are right, onward and upward.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 03:48 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

it's a date!!!

smooooooooooooooooch
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 07:51 PM
A little D update.

I got a letter from my L stating the hearing for our seperation agreement was scheduled for Jan 8th. I was thinking why so long? Then I decided to call my L and suggest something different.

STBXW left on Jan 12th, so I can file for D anytime after that. So I called the L and said ask for a continuace of the original hearing, add in the D and let's get this over with.

She hesitated, realizing I was smart enough to combine the two and lessen my bill must have taken her aback? Anyway, she agreed after telling me I would have to pay a fee for the continuance. I told her I figured there would be a cost but the benefit of getting the D rolled in there and over sooner was worth it.

I know a lot of you still hold out hope for saving your M's, well maybe not so many on this forum, however I am so ready to get this DONE! If I lived in FL. or some other state I would already be done with it. Friggin SC and it's antiquated laws, a year and a day my hairy butt!
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 07:56 PM
Fender...

smoooooooooooooooooches to you. I know it's hard but it is also very liberating!!!!

we will celebrate with pie!!!!

Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 07:58 PM
WOOT!!!!
Posted By: swashy Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 08:02 PM
Dude....I think we get it. ;\) No worries man. You have done all you can, i know it, you know it, we all know it. You can lead a horse to water....
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 08:05 PM
now...pick the date and the pie and I am allllllllllllll over it!!!
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 08:08 PM
HIGHSPEED just emailed me and asked that I post this to you:

"Woo Hooooo!!!" about getting closer and taking charge of your atty.?"
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 08:33 PM
"But I be d@mned if I will suck his azz to make him drink."

Just finishing the saying for ya.

BTW, GF told me a new one the other day. It is one her ex told someone the other day. A lot of the X's of those here will feel this way one day, anyway it goes like this.

"I stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime."

Get it?
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/08/07 09:21 PM
i like that one!!!!

Posted By: lovingme Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 12:44 AM
Your test score isn't bad at all! Way to go!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 12:54 PM
TGIF. Coffee is rocking this morning. Wake up DB land.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 02:18 PM
wooooooooooot woooooooooooooooooot

Happy Friday!!!

SMooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooches

Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 03:05 PM
Back at you figgy. Love those morning smooches!
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 03:34 PM
teeeeeheeeeee

smoooooch smooooooch smooooooch
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 04:04 PM
Good Morning almost noon now, Fender!!

Happy Friday back! Yippee I LOVE Fridays!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 05:54 PM
Oh Pam, I love'em too!
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 08:44 PM
I have 15 minutes and I am OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!!

Have a great weekend. \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/09/07 08:47 PM
You too!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 04:10 AM
Be sure to go out of you way tomorrow and thank a vet. There are plenty of us around. Just look for a WWII hat or a USMC t-shirt or a VFW lapel pin, etc...I can guarantee you it will be appreciated.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 05:31 AM
Will do!!! I grew up in the military and worked in a civilian capacity for the military. Those men and women truly do need to be recognized.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 03:21 PM
Happy Veteran's Day

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!!

Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 03:32 PM
Happy Vets day Observed.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 04:32 PM
Salute to all on these boards that have served or are now serving in one of our uniformed services.

If you folks get a chance, watch a great tv show called band of bloggers. It is about the men and women now serving in Iraq and their blogs. It will bring a tear to your eye. Facing death everyday, they find time to blog their raw emotions just days or even hours after seeing action. It's raw and it's real.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 07:23 PM
Hey Fender,

That sounds like something worth catching. Could you tell me when it will be on or what station so that I can find when it will be broadcast locally.

My Dad was in Korea and a proud Marine until the day he died. Your reminder made me think especially of him today, so thank you!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 11:37 PM
http://www.history.com/minisites/bandofbloggers

Here ya go Beth. Glad I made you think of your dad today.
Posted By: HappyToday Re: The Thin Ice - 11/12/07 11:58 PM
Fender,

I had a call today and the guy on the other end was giving me his email addresss. He told me the letters... Tango, India, Foxtrot... Took me back to my days working for the DOD in Germany when we had really bad phone reception. I told him he had to be a vet - and yes he was.

We're free today for all the stuff our vets went through for all of our country's years.

Happy Veteran's Day!!!!
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 12:03 AM
Fender
Thx. Very accurate.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 12:52 PM
Coffee is served.

Hope everyone had a decent weekend? Mine was not to bad.
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 12:55 PM
Good morning, Fender,

The weekend was wonderful, with an extra day thrown in, what could be better?

I'll take a cup of your coffee, please.

Have a great day,
BA
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 01:06 PM
It was nice to have an extra day off. Plus each time I visited Lowe's for something this weekend, I went four times, I got a 10% discount. Yesterday a cashier asked if I was military and when I said yes she opened a lane just for me, now that was nice.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 01:40 PM
Just going to journal a little bit here.

A little background first. I had been trying to get our sepration agreement signed by a judge for some time now. The L finally got a date of 8 Jan. I called and told her since that date was only 4 days shy of the one year mark of our seperation let's just pull it and go for a later date? That way I can file for the D at the same time and get this all over with. She agreed and last week I got a letter from her saying she would however I need to send her more money. LOL, it is always about money. Anyway the good news is I will be filing for both the agreement and divorce at the same time.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 03:16 PM
morning lovemuffin

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!!!

I have coffee ready too...conferences here tonight so I will be at my desk until 8pm

Yuck!!!

but free supper and looooooooooots of coffee!!!

Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 03:39 PM
Thanks Fig. 8pm? That is a late night. I don't have school tonight so I get to go home at a decent hour.

The free super and coffee sounds nice.
Posted By: swashy Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 03:45 PM
Hey Fender - you sound good man. Keep pressing forward. \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 03:49 PM
Life is good here. Stressed at times but still good.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/13/07 05:11 PM
My boys are hanging out watching ratetouille for the billionth time

yeah to no school
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 11:14 AM
Good Morning Fender,

Ready for my first cup of coffee. \:\)

Glad the attorney was able to work out combining the separation and the d.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 01:06 PM
Coffee coming right up Pam.

It was good that the L could do a combo deal. Heck, you can get a combo at McDonald's, so why not at your L's?
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 01:35 PM
Quote:
Heck, you can get a combo at McDonald's, so why not at your L's?
Are they cheaper that way at the L's like they are at McDonald's??
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 02:20 PM
smooooooooooooooooooooches Fender!!!!

how goes life today?

Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 03:12 PM
Life is good but stressful.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 03:23 PM
how so
(the good and the stressful parts)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 06:50 PM
The good parts are my kids and I am getting a life. GF is also a big part of the good stuff.

Stressful parts are school, being a single parent, not knowing what my next job will be, wondering how long before the D is final, where this R with GF will go, I have ants in my kitchen...at least it was ants and not termites. I had the bug out first thing this morning.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 06:58 PM
but your stressful stuff is also all positive stuff!!

School is stressful but will lead to better things

Single Parenting is hard but rewarding...you get to make lastingpositive impressions and you get to see all the lovey stuff with them too

New job is also exciting a fresh start...you get the chance to reinvent yourself and be whoever you want to be at a new job...no history can sometimes be liberating

D being final is out of your hands. You have done what you needed to do and you know that eventually it will be handled. There is power in freeing yourself from that

R with GF is about exploration and excitement. No matter where it heads,enjoy the journey there...you are learning to enjoy the scenery instead of gunning for the location

Ants in your kitchen are ants in your kitchen and that sucks but you also have taken care of that problem...

that's some good stuff!!!!
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 08:09 PM
fig you have a great way of looking at things. Not stresses but life moving forward. \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 08:15 PM
Thanks for letting me know the glass is half-full instead of half-empty. \:\)
Posted By: HappyToday Re: The Thin Ice - 11/14/07 11:33 PM
Hey Fender,

I was up in your neck of the woods yesterday working. Hadn't been there in a couple of years. But the Air Force ALWAYS get me! I'm driving along singing to the music and then PHWWWooOOOSH - I can never get used to that 1 second screaming sound of the - whatever it is - I never see it - only hear it. Scares the bejesus out of me. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

Anyway, the town has not changed at all except there's way less mobile home sales now.

Being a single parent is better than being an absent parent Fender. Your kids will grow up and be gone far sooner than you imagine. I've always thought that my X is the one who lost. He got the life he wanted, and I got to remain as my kids' mom. Even if I have to do everything, I'm grateful to be able to do it. I did it before anyway and you never know what a judge will do. So I choose to be grateful for the things I was left with. X left, and I did not want him to, but my babies remained. To me, that is the most important thing.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 12:57 PM
HT, thanks for dropping by. Those would be F-16's that you heard screaming by. "Jet noise, the sound of freedom."

True enough, there are a lot less mobile home dealerships here now than there were when I first got here. Plus we now have a super Wal-Mart, and lots of resturants that weren't here then either.

Being a single parent is hard however I agree it also rewarding as well. I am grateful that I still have my kids.

Coffee is hot and fresh, get a cup now.
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 01:10 PM
Fill me up, Fender.

Cold front came through last night (bringing very little rain) and now it's chilly here, so need the warm up!

I have cranberry muffins, if there are any takers!
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 01:22 PM
Great fresh coffee and cranberry muffins!!! I knew this was the thread to stop at. \:\)

Fender to here you talk/post you are doing a great job with you kids. Yea there are ups and downs but that's life and growing up.

BA it rained most of the day here and then the cold front came in last night!! Took a lot of our leaves off the trees. \:\( Yuck I am sooooooo not ready for winter. Tx likes it so the weather here will suite him better than Texas when he comes up.

Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 01:39 PM
MUFFINS? OMG, I love muffins, I'll take one and possibly two if there is enough to go around.

We got some rain last night for the first time in weeks. It is very balmy here is SC today.

I make mistakes with my kids, like we all do however I love them very much and they know it because I tell them everyday.
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 01:41 PM
Quote:
I love them very much and they know it because I tell them everyday.

That is the most important part!! \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 01:48 PM
Originally Posted By: psluke
Quote:
I love them very much and they know it because I tell them everyday.

That is the most important part!! \:\)

It sure is. I even get hugs from S18. He tells me he loves me every night before bed time. D12, she is such a sweetie and gives the best hugs around. She misses her mom but I think now she has started to accept the fact that we are divorcing.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 02:24 PM
Smooooooooooooooooooches Fender...

BA...cranberry muffins???? Yummmmmmmmmmers...Ineed a good cranberry muffin recipe!!!

Moonfluff the errant cat ate the last of the rhubarb custard pie yesterday...well more specifically...she ste the custard part!!!!

siiiiiiiiiiiigh
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 02:47 PM
I haven't had rhubard pie or custard in years. My stbxw made a great rhurbard custard.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 03:25 PM
not as good as mine (hair fluffing) I am sure.

My grandma taught me a million years ago and I can make pie crust in my sleep

I love pie

very cathartic for me

when LSS left all my friends gained a bajillion pounds because I made pie like mad!!!

I actually bought windfall apples (like 30 pounds...no lie) and peeled and sliced and made a million pies and apple sauce and then gave all the pies to my friends because I couldn't eat.

now I can again

and it shows

ugh

but anyway

when am I making you pie and what kind do you want?

Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/15/07 11:53 PM
Fig it doesn't matter, I love pie. Maybe a pecan would be one I would ask for above others.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 12:55 AM
Julie's making a Pumkin Mousse pie and I thought that sounded so good, but rhubarb custard pie ain't too shabby wither!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 12:50 PM
TGIF. I need a break and this weekend I am going to take one.

Coffee is up, get you a cup now.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 01:23 PM
Good Morning Fender,

Fill 'er up!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 02:19 PM
G'morning Beth. Here ya go, fresh and hot. How is your day going?
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 02:21 PM
Hey this thing ate my post!!

I asked for more coffee and make sure it is strong because I stayed up late and got up late this morning.
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 02:21 PM
Have a great weekend and break Fender. \:\)
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 02:22 PM
Post eater? LOL, fillin'er up now Pam.
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 02:24 PM
Thanks I needed it! \:\)
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 02:29 PM
Fender
Caffiene is a major food source. Please make mine so it will dissolve the horseshoe so I get my daily dose of Iron also.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 03:05 PM
SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHES!!!!

I am making cheesecake for my thanksgiving trip...hot buttered rum cheescake with caramel rum sauce!!!!

Ihave the easiest pumpkin dessert recipe too.

and it is a little taste of meltingpimpkin on your tongue

we make it every year now instead of pumpkin pie

Pecan pie....just for you Fender...coming right up!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 03:07 PM
Oh Fig, you have made my day.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 03:21 PM
smoooooooooooch

I will even make real whipped cream....just for you

\:\)
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 05:03 PM
Quote:
hot buttered rum cheescake with caramel rum sauce!!!!

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! \:D \:D
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
Quote:

OMG is right. My butt got wider just thinking about it!

Hey Fender,

It's just after 11 here so still early but, so far, so good. I'm very happy it's Friday and that I won't have to watch the stupid stock ticker for a couple of days. It's making me loopy, ok I stand corrected, loopier!

Hope you have the best weekend!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/16/07 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: BethM
Originally Posted By: KarenMarieS
Quote:

OMG is right. My butt got wider just thinking about it!

I know right???? But I take all calories and fat grams out before I give it to people....that's why my but is sooooo big!!!

;\)
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 12:17 PM
Good Morning Fender,

No Hill is handing out coffee with chocolate! If you are lucky it won't all be gone by the time you check in. \:\)

Hope you had a great weekend!
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 12:39 PM
Fender
For you it's expresso. Lots of work for you to do prior to turkey day!!

Drop and give Pam 50!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 12:53 PM
LOL, I love expresso. I had a great weekend and hope all y'all did as well?
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 01:15 PM
I had a really good time this weekend so I thought I would share some of what went on.

Saturday night GF and I went to see Southern Cal play our beloved South Carloina Gamecocks. Before we got there we stopped at a bar and had drinks and an onion ring loaf, yummy. Well the game went badly for the Cocks and they lost by ten. Southern Cal has a real good team this year.

Sunday, D12 and I went out to GF's place. We helped GF put up christmas decorations. Two big artifical trees outside along with two nutcrackers that are over 6 feet tall. I mean huge heavy things.

D12 got to drive the riding lawnmower and pull the wagon that we used to move the Christmas decorations. She had a blast. When we were done with that she asked GF if she could just ride around on the mower, blade off of course. GF said sure, so D12 ran the wheels off of that mower yesterday. It was so funny because she was driving it and we could hear her singing as she rode around the property.

I almost forgot, but D12 and I made a pumpkin pie before going to GF's house. We took it with us as we knew we would be eating supper there.

After the outside decorations were up we started cooking. D12 went and watched tv while GF and I got down to cooking supper. I made sweet bread in the bread machine and fried the chicken. GF made rice with gravy, butter beans with ham hocks, and corn on the cob. We ate like pigs and it was mmmmm'good.

After dinner we put together another tree, one for indoors this time. It is a solid white one. We put lights on it but didn't get to decorate it yet.

Next Saturday GF, D12 and I are going to the mountains of NC to buy a live tree for GF's Florida room. There is a great farmers market near Ashville NC that she likes to go to and we are hoping to find a nice tree there. After we shop for the tree we are going to stay at GF's cabin in Brevard.

I can't tell you guys how nice and normal things seemed yesterday. It was almost like we were a family. GF and D12 really enjoyed each other and so did I. No stress, everyone having fun decorating for Christmas, enjoying a family meal, it was just nice.

I told GF I was glad she cared so much about my kids because if she didn't I wouldn't still be dating her. She said she loved kids and you know what, it really shows.
Posted By: swashy Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 02:55 PM
That is fantastic buddy! I'm happy you had a great weekend. Keep taking it one day at a time. Sounds like a great weekend was had by all.
Posted By: Lissie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 03:05 PM
Quote:
I told GF I was glad she cared so much about my kids because if she didn't I wouldn't still be dating her. She said she loved kids and you know what, it really shows.

You are such a great dad.

I am glad she is caring. Great weekend.
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 03:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Fender
Next Saturday GF, D12 and I are going to the mountains of NC to buy a live tree for GF's Florida room. There is a great farmers market near Ashville NC that she likes to go to and we are hoping to find a nice tree there. After we shop for the tree we are going to stay at GF's cabin in Brevard.

Oooh, Fender, your weekend sounds great...that is God's country, for sure. I love that Farmer's Market...eat their yummy breakfast, especially the biscuits with apple butter.

besos,
BA
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 03:51 PM
Biscuts and apple butter sounds awesome. They sell Amish cheese and butte there that is off the chain.
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 04:00 PM
SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHES Fender!!!

I am glad your weekend went well...it sounds soft and peaceful!!!!

Happy Early Thanksgiving

I will be on a train for FOREVER so I won't get to send you smooooooooches \:\(

but I am sending them in spirit!!!

Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/19/07 06:45 PM
Thanks a million for the smooches. I looked forward to them. Happy early Thanksgiving to you as well.
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 11:35 AM
Good Morning Fender

Coffee ready yet??? I like yesterday's coffee and chocolate that No Hill was handing out!
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 11:41 AM
Fender
Flapjacks, syrup, with lots of coffee and a piece of choclate on the side. Won't be around tomorrow so not to starve you will get double today.

Y'all dig in.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 12:41 PM
Yummy, I love flapjacks with real maple syrup. Coffee is hot and fresh, just the way I like it too!
Posted By: BaseballAnnie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 12:45 PM
Hey, Fender, I'll take some of your hot coffee to go with those hotcakes!

thanks,
BA
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 01:01 PM
All right my Marines called you to inform you about my coffee. One could dribble horseshoes on a big cup.

They called it "Doc Coffee" and no one sneaked up on us at 4am.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 01:26 PM
LOL, the worst coffee I ever drank was in Saudi Arabia. I think it may have been recycled camel dung?
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 01:46 PM
WHO TOLD YOU WHAT WAS IN IT!!!!!!!!!!
Either that or they imported "Doc Coffee". One of my Marines threw up but he did not sleep on post. However after delivery of the coffee at 04 I slept safe and sound til 06.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 03:53 PM
GF was talking about a holiday drink I have never heard of the other day. Any of you ever heard or had a "Tom & Jerry?"
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 04:02 PM
http://www.drinkstreet.com/searchresults.cgi?drinkid=806&drinkname=category:22
Tom & Jerry

12 Eggs
6 Teaspoons Granulated Sugar
1 Teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
Rum
Bourbon
Hot Milk or Boiling Water
Beat the eggs until thick and light in color. Gradually add the sugar and nutmeg and continue beating until the batter is thick. Chill for several hours. To serve, put 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter into a warm mug. Add 1/2 jigger Rum and 1 jigger Bourbon. Fill the mug with hot milk or boiling water as desired. Stir and serve with a light grating of Nutmeg on top. More liquor may be used if desired in the same proportions.
Posted By: Lissie Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 04:11 PM
ROFL

I was like 12 eggs?

yikes

sounds yummy tho
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 06:47 PM
Hey Fender,

In case I don't have a chance to stop by for coffee tomorrow, have a great Thanksgiving!

Hope you find a nice, big, full xmas tree, and that you make some more good memories while you're at it!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 07:45 PM
Thanks No Hill. I found the same recipe but was wondering what this stuff tastes like? GF said the stuff is devine.

Lissie, I said the same thing, a dozen eggs?

Beth, you're the best. Thanks for the well wishes and back at ya.
Posted By: lovingme Re: The Thin Ice - 11/20/07 11:50 PM
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/21/07 12:25 PM
Hot coffee, get your hot coffee here.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/21/07 01:44 PM
Whew, I made it. I hope the coffee is still hot cause I need some morning jo!
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/21/07 02:12 PM
Good Morning Fender,

I want a cup as well. \:\)

Wish No Hill was around with breakfast today because for some reason I'm hungry this morning!!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/22/07 03:08 AM
Sorry I didn't come back and post anymore this morning. I have a sadistic religion professor that requires us to have a paper turned in by midnight Thursday night. Well I knew I would be at my mom's and didn't want to write a paper on Thanksgiving day, so I wrote it this morning. Then met up with the team members on my "paper" team.

After that I rushed home and packed for the trip to my mom's. So now the kids and I are here at mom's and chillin. Paper is done and all is well for now.
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/22/07 03:11 AM
Wow Cool..You done good. Now you have no excuses for tomorrow. Just don't let it happen again!
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/22/07 03:43 AM
Quote:
Wish No Hill was around with breakfast today because for some reason I'm hungry this morning!!

Austrian accent
I'll be back
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/22/07 12:35 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Fender! Great you got the paper finished. \:\)
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/22/07 12:36 PM
Thank goodness you did not have to give the excuse
"My dog spilled coffee on my homework"
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/22/07 04:48 PM
LOL, I have three bassets and they eat rather than spill stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/24/07 12:44 AM
Fender
Bassets Rock. Had a few when I was a kid. Used to have one chase me around the house then went inside. When "Willard" found out he would nibble on my ankle and growl.

Your reports on PME are well received. AF does take care of it's people in education much better than the other services. As a Corpsman deployed in Jungle, Mountain, and Desert combat environments I cannot start an IV here without two years of school. Chuckle.

That is one reason I like the lifeguarding job so well. It is my kingdom (if it's wet it's ours if it's dry it's theirs) and no one else wants to take over. I guess they watched jaws too much.

Thx for the comments. I still loved the gunships.
Posted By: lovingme Re: The Thin Ice - 11/24/07 03:30 PM
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/26/07 01:06 PM
I had a great thanksgiving and I hope all my DB friends did as well.

Coffee is hot.
Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/26/07 01:15 PM
Coffee's on. I used real rainwater today.
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/26/07 02:53 PM
That sounds good, unless of course it was "acid rain." LOL
Posted By: BethM Re: The Thin Ice - 11/26/07 05:10 PM
Goo Morning Fender.......

I could use some coffee. Too much time off left me wishing for another day!

I'm glad that your Thanksgiving was a good one. Hope the Christmas tree hunt went as well!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Fender Re: The Thin Ice - 11/26/07 08:17 PM
We didn't get to go hunt Christmas trees. GF called off the trip when the weather man said it would be rainy and cold. I tried to tell her to wait to make the call but she went with the weather man.

Well the weather man was wrong, big surprise there. Even GF's, mom gave her grief about cancelling to early.

So D12 stayed with my folks till yesterday. S18 and I came home on Friday. GF bought two trees from one of her realitives. We set them up Saturday and decorated one while drinking Tom & Jerry's. Never had one before however it is an interesting drink. My tougne is still a little sore because I got the liquor and water to hot.
Posted By: psluke Re: The Thin Ice - 11/28/07 12:02 PM
So how did the trees look if you were hot liquored up while decorating? Sorry! I couldn't resist!

How about a cup of coffee? No Hill was out delivering and he left me out!!!
Posted By: fig Re: The Thin Ice - 11/28/07 03:29 PM
Fender.............

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

I've missed my morning smooooooooooooooooooches with you!!!

Posted By: No_hill_for_a_Swimmer Re: The Thin Ice - 11/29/07 12:35 PM
Coffee's on.
© DivorceBusting.com