Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Briget Just another thread. - 06/30/07 09:46 PM
Well the lock monster got me again.

Haven't heard from ex bf.It's not like him.He always calls when he says he will.However I think I know why.I got a ride with a friend of mine.He is my best friend.Maybe he thinks we are seeing each other.I have never had a relationship with him and never will.It would be like having a relationship with my brother.

I still wonder what he wanted to talk about.But not I'm not going to worry about it.If he wants to talk to me he will.I'm not going to chase after him.Goodness that sounds like I'm DBing him.LOL

Gotta go to the store.No food in the house.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: Just another thread. - 06/30/07 10:08 PM
How about alcohol???????????????????

I want some champagne to celebrate my girls accomplishments!
Posted By: psluke Re: Just another thread. - 06/30/07 10:09 PM
Don't we carry our db skills certain ones of them with us for the rest of our lives? To help us in new R's and situations in our lives?
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 06/30/07 10:12 PM
I read your post.Your puppies did good.Have a glass of champagne on me.

Your right we do carry these newly learned skills with us.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: Just another thread. - 06/30/07 10:28 PM
Thanks Briget. \:\) I can't tell you how my heart and pride goes out to those two. I just had no idea they were still so weak from how sick they were. If they hadn't seemed so much better on Friday I would not have taken them back in the ring.
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 06/30/07 11:26 PM
Well ex bf called.Wants to talk monday.Our league night.Hope we aren't playing his team.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Glenda_aka_kc Re: Just another thread. - 07/01/07 04:57 PM
Hey Briget, how's the apartment hunting going?
Posted By: koshka Re: Just another thread. - 07/02/07 12:44 AM
Yeah, Briget, did you find a nice bridge yet?
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/02/07 09:50 PM
Hi all,

Computer crashed.It took me two days to fix it.I'm certifiable now.Nothing drives me more crazy that when my computer acts up.But at least this time I didn't throw the mouse at it.LOL

I found a place I like.Put in the aplication.Waiting for the credit check.

Not much else going on.Having a talk with ex bf tonight.I still don't know what he wants.If he gives me the lets be friends speach I think that is a bit late.We already are friends.LOL And if he does I'm going to poke him in the eye.LOL

Got league tonight.Wish me luck.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 07:10 AM
Hi all,

Well,Ex Bf talked.I will talk about it tomorrow.I need to run it through my head before I put it down here.

That and the beer has to wear off.LOL.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: hellkat Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 10:49 AM
Quote:
Having a talk with ex bf tonight.I still don't know what he wants.If he gives me the lets be friends speach I think that is a bit late.We already are friends.LOL And if he does I'm going to poke him in the eye.LOL

Well you know what they say, it's all fun and games until someone loses and eye!

3am post - geez chika you are a worse night owl then me! I'm curious to know how the 'talk' went, so dont keep us waiting too long!
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 02:44 PM
Hi Kat,

Well my team took another loss.LOL this is not good.We will not have enough points to go to cities this year if we don't catch up.

We had the talk last night.Interesting.I think I have grown up.He told me he doesn't want to lose me in his life.I told him that I not really in a place where I'm ready for a relationship.I'm afraid that if we were together right now I might be tempted to let him rescue me.And I don't want him to rescue me.He agree that he would be tempted to rescue me cause he see's me strugging and that that is not goof for him.I told him I want to be on equal footing before being in a relationship.So we agree to revisit this in three months.

Then we all went out to eat.He dropped me off at home around two thirthy in the mornibg.We sat out in the truck and taled a little.And no we didn't do anything but talk.

He walked me to the door.Gave me one hell of a kiss.

So I'm a grown up now.I know that right now is not the right time.I have quit a few things to sort out first.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: FiatLux Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 02:56 PM
Good thinking there, Briget.

I'm sure it wasn't easy, but that approach will pay off in the long run.

FL
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 04:06 PM
Actually it was very easy.I have a goal.It is to have a good and stable life for D12 and I.

Also I want to go back to school in the fall.I went on line last week to my finacial aid.Got my pin number.Wrote my pin number down.Pin number won't work.Have to head to the school this week and talk to someone.I think I should do this in person.I'm not good with computers.LOL

He told me that that there is something between us.But that I'm holding back.LOL kinda funny I thought it was him.But this time it is me.I like that.

When I get things to where I want them.Or as close as possible.Then we will revisit this.

Well I have to get some things done.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 07:33 PM
Brig,
I for one am very proud of my girl! lol good going!
You did the right thing IMO and you will feel great about yourself, or even greater! and I think you two may end up having a very strong R!

Hows the apt hunting/ did you get the one you were going for the other day waiting for the credit check?
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 07:42 PM
Still waiting for them to get back to me.I will call tomorrow.I have looked at a few others.But this one is just right for me.So I have my fingers crossed.

I hope I end up with a strong relationship.But one nevers knows.So I'm not stressing over it.Life is to good right now.Well it could be better if I get that apartment.And a job before I have to start donating blood or standing on a corner with a will work for food sign.LOL

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 07:59 PM
Hey Briget!!!!!!!!

You Rock!!!!!!!!!!! \:D
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 09:19 PM
Yes I do!!!!!!! Thank you.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 09:32 PM
Briget,
Really...you have enough going on right now without having some smelly boy messing it up for you.

You've got your priorities in order and he'll just have to wait his turn. Besides, why does he think it will work now when it didn't before?

Hope you get your apt. Sounds wonderful!!!!
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 09:46 PM
LOL

Don't get me wrong.I want him in my life.But the timing just isn't right.I need to find a place to live.I have got to find a new job.

In all honesty my life is pretty messy right now and I really don't blame him for moving out.But he has his own place and I will have mine soon.(I hope)

How can you have a real relationship when your life is not in order.It won't work until both people are ready.We weren't ready.But we both agreed to work on our issues and then revisit our relationship.I think this is a rational idea and I'm glad he was open to.In the beginning of our talk we wanted to just try again.But when I told him my idea that we are just not ready yet and we both needed to take time to figure out what we wanted he was open to that.We agreed to not see others til we figured it out.That way neither of us get hurt.

Goodnes is this a grown up and mature relationship? I never had one of those before.LOL

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 10:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Briget
Goodnes is this a grown up and mature relationship? I never had one of those before.LOL

Guess you're wearing your "big girl panties" now, huh?
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/03/07 10:49 PM
LOL I guess I am.
Posted By: BethM Re: Just another thread. - 07/04/07 12:08 AM
No More pull-ups good for you Brig. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I find myself having deeper, and more honest conversations with men now that I never had with ex, and sometimes I'm even amazed that men actually care what I have to say. It feels good!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: koshka Re: Just another thread. - 07/04/07 01:27 AM
Briget,

Quote:

How many of us never had one of those before? I know I didn't. I told my T last year that I had never been in a healthy relationship.

And how many people are out there right now, staying in relationships that "need work" instead of doing the work because they're afraid of what they'll find inside themselves? OK, that's really not that important compared to knowing about ourselves. I used to think that the real hard work would be after I "won back" my ex-wife and moved to the Piecing forum. (We'd already been in MC for two years before the bomb that brought me here. Can you say 'denial?' I knew you could. ) Now I think the real work was in recognizing the relationship was flawed and wouldn't recover just because one spouse did.

Or something like that.

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/04/07 02:32 AM
I'm sure most people now days haven't had a healthy relationship.With the divorce rate you know most aren't healthy.And of the ones that last how many of them aren't healthy?Are they just sticking it out.

I'm just happy that I have seen a grown up relationship for what it could be.It sure feels good being heard.Haven't had that in my relationships.I knew there were men out there that listened.I just had to look at the good men instead of the ones I have always been attracked to.

Well I need to get my beauty sleep.LOL

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: hellkat Re: Just another thread. - 07/04/07 02:22 PM
Hey B, just catching back up with you.

I think you've made a very wise decision. Sometimes we just have to invest in ourselves before we can truly offer all that we are and all that we have to commit to starting a healthy R. I think people tend to merge their issues by jumping too fast when they arent ready and it only complicates things more. And like you said that's not fair to either party.

I honestly dont know many people if any who have a true healthy R - even the ones who on the surface seem like they have it all have their share of cheeseless tunnels. I dont think any R is without it's issues because it CAN be so much work - and it's far to easy to sweep things under the rug rather then invest the work/time needed to change and improve things. It takes alot of self sacrifice on both ends.

Quote:
I just had to look at the good men instead of the ones I have always been attracked to.

ah, a good man is hard to find.........but a hard man is a good find! LOL. sorry saw that on a swanky T-shirt in 5-points.

why is it we seems to be attracted to the same type of guys over and over, the ones we KNOW are pretty much poison to us? maybe we dont think we deserve better? or maybe it's just a pheromone they produce like an animal in heat that draws us to them! LOL! either way if someone has the cliff notes on that one I'd sure appreciate it!

But if this guy is willing to be understanding and patient, then by all means go at YOUR pace and let it build from there.
Posted By: Glenda_aka_kc Re: Just another thread. - 07/04/07 06:53 PM
Do you suppose the phenomenon that people change partners like dirty laundry has to do with the "it's all about me" messages and our society's acceptance that people do not have to accept the responsibility for their own behavior? I'll probably get some 2x4s here but I think it does. This is my own opinion but I think a "family" is a little group who loves you unconditionally. That doesn't mean you get to behave however you want. But, we have a lot of people in this country who never accept responsibility for their own actions. Someone else or the "government" is supposed to bail them out and make things okay and happy and they complain when that doesn't happen rather than take action to bring about change.

Of course, posting that here is somewhat like preaching to the choir because I don't think you'll see anyone with that attitude post on this BB but I think there are a lot of people with that mind set and they don't think their actions have any impact when really there can be a huge ripple effect on a lot of people.

Briget, I hope you get the apartment you want and good for you for getting back in school!
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/04/07 07:27 PM
Ha Glenda no 2x4's from me.I agree with you.But for me right now it has to be about me and my family first.I'm not in a place where I could have a healthy relationship.I have so much I need to do to fix my life.However now it's only about the geography of my life.I'm as emotionally ready as I can be.Just need to get the rest in order now.

I'm ready to put myself into a relationship but I want to be settled.

HK whatcha doing tonight?I'm heading to the landing for fireworks and fun.I don't know if they are still doing the free concerts there like they did a few years ago.But seeing the fireworks over the river is awesome.

Happy 4th everyone.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: bright_new_day Re: Just another thread. - 07/05/07 02:51 AM
Quote:
and sometimes I'm even amazed that men actually care what I have to say.

THUD :::falling out of my seat::: On what planet is this happening?! LOL
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/05/07 04:58 PM
LOL I promise they are out there.As the mother of three wonderful son I know they are out there.I was just looking at the wrong ones.

Hi everyone!

Hope your fourth was wonderful.Mine was.I went to the beach with D20 and her BF and D12.They lite fireworks from the pier.The wind was blowing and nice cool breeze off the water.It was hight tide so the water slowly creeped up on us.

The whole night was wonderful.

In a few minutes I'm heading to the apartment complex to see if I got it.I'm going in person.Waiting by the phone seems silly.

Not much else going on today.

I will let ya'll know when I get back if I have a new home.

Cross you fingers and say a prayer.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: Just another thread. - 07/05/07 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Briget
Cross you fingers and say a prayer.

Later Friends
Briget

Done! \:\)

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening and glad you decided to go!
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/05/07 05:37 PM
Yes we did have a wonderful time.I plan on doing that again.I love the beach at night.The night was just perfect.

Will be leaving in about twenty minutes.After D20 (who will be 21 on the 29th) and I will have a later lunch.

D20 and I are getting so close.I love it.Life is just so good.

Later Friend
briget
Posted By: Briget Re: Just another thread. - 07/05/07 08:28 PM
Well I went to the apartment complex.Found out why I haven't heard from them.

The complex has new owners.No one ran a credit check.So they are running it now.That's the scary part.I couldn't get credit right now if I stole it.LOL

I might know by tomorrow.But I will know it at least by friday.

Well not much going on now.It's to hot to do anything.I'm just going to veg for a while.Watch a little tv.

Have a good one.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: hellkat Re: Just another thread. - 07/05/07 09:52 PM
I feel you on the credit part, it sucks. Having a BR doesnt make it any better either :(. having to file still pisses me off, but there was no other way, so I'm just building it back up once again.

Glad to hear you had fun at the beach - I just saw your post about the landing, but I wouldnt have been able to go, S had his friends over and a box load of fireworks. He's more into blowing them up then actually watching them. But they do still have the free concerts. I was there this past Sat. night and they were having one, I'm not sure who it was because we were inside most the night, but the place was packed as usual.

I hope you hear something soon on the apt. too bad they delayed everything, but it's a good thing you called to check or else your app. would still be sitting on someones desk!
Posted By: Briget I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/05/07 09:56 PM
Wow my credit check went through really fast.But then again the girl in the office really liked D12.Called her a doll.

I'm so excited.I go tomorrow and put down my deposit.

I can't wait.Things are about to change for me.This is it.What I wanted.I knew it would happen.I didn't need to stress about it.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: hellkat Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/05/07 10:16 PM
Way to go B! New place, new start, out with the old in with the new! So whens the house warming party?! LOL!
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/05/07 10:29 PM
I'm sure I will have one just as soon as I get in there.I'm so excited I can't stand it.

They have to paint it first.Just think a shiny new to me apartment with air cond.I'm so flippin misserable here.I have industial fans blowing and it is so noisy.But at least they are helping.

The apartment has a pool and I got a glimps of the river from the road.I can't stand it.I'm to excited.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/05/07 11:38 PM
Wow Briget sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!

This is wonderful news! The corner has been turned on moving forward in a very good way!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 12:08 AM
Briget, that's wonderful news!!!! I'm so excited for you and D12. How soon can you move?

Need some boxes? I still have some from my move to MG's.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 12:11 AM
Yehawww Briget!!
Good for you!! A fresh new start is wonderful!!
and there are many new ones to come.
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 12:23 AM
Great going, girl!
So glad you have an shiny new apt. with AC! (SG, who has NO AC and it is 103 today~!!!)

(Cooling feet in kiddie pool and eating popsicles!)

SG
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 12:29 AM
Karen has an A/C but the entire time its on all she can think of is,,,,man this is costing me!!!! ;oP
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 12:32 AM
LOL I would give up a kidney for air right now.

I'm just to excited.

SG I have a indusrial fan if you want it.Messes up your hair.But then again so does the heat.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 12:32 AM
LOL I can't spell
Posted By: Survival_Goddess Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 01:47 AM
Thanks, Briget...I have fans...Just checking the indoor thermometer and it reads....checking....and it reads a cool 82 degrees~
\:\)

SG
Posted By: koshka Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 02:05 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Congratulations, Briget!
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 02:20 PM
Hi all,

I get the keys to my new place Tuesday!!!!!!!

And I'm getting new furniture.Black leather.I always wanted it.But with five kids I always settled for something with a pattern.Doesn't show stains.LOL

I have to get a new washer and dryer.The ones I have are to big for my new place.I don't mind doing that.My dryer is very noisy.

I'm so damn excited!!!!!!!

O and I spent the night with EX BF last night.Had a really nice time.He was really sweet.Talked almost all night.Well he let me talk.LOL

Well I need to get some stuff done around here.My kitchen is a mess.

Later Friend
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 02:28 PM
Congratulations again, Briget.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 02:32 PM
Briget: Just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you. Congrats. Think of it as the first day of the rest of your life.

Barb
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 02:32 PM
Briget: Just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you. Congrats. Think of it as the first day of the rest of your life.

Barb
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 07:44 PM
This is such a big weight off my shoulders.I just can't wait.I was starting to worry.

Now I have to find a job.No worries there though.I have never gone into an interview and not gotten the job.I know I will get one.I kind of miss a paycheck.Good thing I planned ahead just in case I didn't find one.

I didn't want to quit my last job.But it was just to much for me.I don't miss all the fighting that went on there.I want a no drama life.And I plan on getting there.

I'm so excited about my new life.It's going to be wonderful.

I'm going to be living near the river.I plan on riding my bike there a lot.Or going for long walks.How cool is that!!!!

That and BF and I are taking it slow.No pressure.I like that.I told him last night that I was scared to rush into things.He told me the same.So no pressure.His life is sort of in limbo.He's not sure what he wants to do with the second half of his life.He doesn't need pressure from me.I sure hope he figures out what he wants to do.He is such a good man trying to do the right thing.

Well I have a few things to do.And I have to come up with dinner and it's to hot to cook.Any ideas?

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: hellkat Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/06/07 10:54 PM
Hey girl! I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a job without all the extra drama. Besides Lady Luck seems to be on your side thru this!

Black Leather! Good thing you'll have A/C or else you'd have to pry yourself off of it lol! I'd love to get new furniture, I've already got what I want picked out in my head, but I'm going to wait until the den is done, that way I can move the old stained stuff in there for S and his friends to ruin even more and have the new stuff all to myself LOL!

As far as dinner, as hot and muggy as it is - order a pizza! Get ya that 5-5-5 deal!

It's good that you and BF arent rushing - take you time and let the rest come naturally. Like you said no pressure from either side, just ENJOY!
Posted By: BethM Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/08/07 11:30 PM
Brig,

Don't know how I missed this. I am so happy for you and especially that you'll have a/c. Don't know how you went this long especially in Florida without it.

Didn't I tell you that good things happen to good people?

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/09/07 04:50 AM
Hi all,

Well British guy told me tonight he is leaving tomorrow.I knew he was moving next month.But he bought a house and he is moving to Tenn.

While he was not the one I want I will miss him.Did I ever tell ya'll he was the one who reminded me that I was beautiful.And sexy.

When the ex left me for a 220 pound redhead it really threw me for a loop.But he reminded me that it had nothing to do with my sexual appeal.

He will be missed.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: merrick Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/09/07 01:28 PM
Briget, if you lived in NY, you might be the one girl who can tempt me into a fling!

Seriously, I'm glad things are looking up for you. FWIW, while I might approach some things differently than you, many times, you've been a real inspiration to me--a model in perserverence. You've gone through so much more adversity than me and until recently posted, I was unaware of your background story.

Good luck with the apt., job, and school.

Peace,
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/09/07 07:33 PM
LOL Merrick I wouldn't want to stray you from your faith.But goodness what a nice thing to say.

So today I signed my lease.I'm so excited!!!!

My S17 is excited to.We took a walk along the river.It so pretty.We walked along a tree lined street with moss hanging from the branches.Very expensive houses with private docks.I know my little apartment is not much compaired to these houses.But I get to live in the same naborhood so I'm cool with that.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I have league tonight.My team is playing on again BF team tonight.Wish me luck.My team is dead last and his is in second place.I need some luck.

Ya'll have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: koshka Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 01:37 AM
Briget,

Good luck bowling tonight.

Quote:
So today I signed my lease.I'm so excited!!!!

See, you didn't need to spend all that time checking out the local bridges after all.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 01:38 AM
Joe,

I think she is playing pool!
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 01:48 PM
Bowling?

Throwing a heavy ball down a lane.That's to much like work.LOL

My team beat the balls off on again BF team.LOL We had a blast.He took it pretty well even if my mid rank player beat him and he is a high rake player.

I get my keys today!!!!!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 01:52 PM
YIPPEEE!!!!!

WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you!!!!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 02:06 PM
When can you start moving?
Posted By: Underdog Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 03:10 PM
Hi Briget--

Congrats on your upcoming transition! You sound awesome, and I have really enjoyed watching you grow and become the happy person you have been destined to become.

You rock, girl.

\:\) Betsey

p.s. I'll send good moving vibes your way. Moving sucks!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 05:21 PM
Yea, Briget, when do you do the physcial move?
Jill will come help ya! lol
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/10/07 06:02 PM
I'm going to rent a moving truck this weekend.But this week I'm taking my time packing.

I still have to go through so much.I'm dusting and cleaning everything before I move it into my new place.I want a clean start.

I have a lot of stuff.Maybe I will have a yard sale.I keep saying that.LOL but most likely I will just let my sisters go through it and take what they want and give the rest to the salvation army.

Well back to work.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/11/07 12:44 PM
Hi all,

Well this week is going to be fun.I'm heading over to my new apartment to do some cleaning.Yes it is clean but I have this thing about when I move into a place I have to clean it myself.

Going to line the cabnets and scrub the counters.Hang shower curtains.I have to measure the windows.Since I was a navy wife and did a lot of moving I have tons of curtains.I may have to hem some.That is the extent of my sewing skills.I have a sewing machine but never really learned to sew.I took a class once.We made skirts.Mine looked like a pillow case with a drawstring.LOL

I'm so excited I almost can't stand it.

I have so much packing to do.I can take my time.

Hopefully by next week I will be settled enough to start looking for a job.

Ya'll have a good day.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/11/07 08:37 PM
Hi all,

Well have gotten some things done around here.But didn't get to the apartment.D12 isn't feeling well.She has a tummy bug.My sister is going to come and get her until she feels better while I get things done.

I love having sisters.

I'm tired and a little burned out.I may take a nap since I have a dinner date with on again BF.

Well I'll pop back on later.I'm taking a nap.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/11/07 08:49 PM
Have fun this evening Briget!

Hope you D feels better soon and great that your sister can watch her.
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/13/07 02:48 AM
Hi all,

Well D12 is all better.She spent the day swimming.Could anything be better than being 12 and spending the day swimming with a bunch of kids.

Well I went to the apartment today.Hung shower curtains,measured windows put in glade plugin's.So that it smells nice.I'm going over in the morning and put in the cabinet liners and scrub down everything.After I will let D12 swim in the pool.That is all she has been talking about.Then lunch with D12 and D20.

I noticed some spots on the carpet and will have them clean it.

I'm moving all the big stuff sat.And get the smaller stuff throughout the week.

I can't wait to get this all done.I'm so excited about my new life.I have not been happy in this house.It is really to much for me to handle.I always feel overwhelmed with the housework.Not matter how much I clean it never feels clean.My new place is so small I can clean it in 30 minutes.LOL

Well I need to get a good nights sleep.Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/13/07 02:52 AM
Hi all,

Well D12 is all better.She spent the day swimming.Could anything be better than being 12 and spending the day swimming with a bunch of kids.

Well I went to the apartment today.Hung shower curtains,measured windows put in glade plugin's.So that it smells nice.I'm going over in the morning and put in the cabinet liners and scrub down everything.After I will let D12 swim in the pool.That is all she has been talking about.Then lunch with D12 and D20.

I noticed some spots on the carpet and will have them clean it.

I'm moving all the big stuff sat.And get the smaller stuff throughout the week.

I can't wait to get this all done.I'm so excited about my new life.I have not been happy in this house.It is really to much for me to handle.I always feel overwhelmed with the housework.Not matter how much I clean it never feels clean.My new place is so small I can clean it in 30 minutes.LOL

Well I need to get a good nights sleep.Have a good night.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/13/07 07:39 PM
Soooooo cleaning all done?????????
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/14/07 02:15 AM
Hi Pam,

Yes the cleaning is done.I had to scrub paint off of the kitchen cabinets.Good thing they used cheap paint.LOL

Whoever they hired to clean the apartment didn't do a good job.I'm used to navy housing.They are clean when you move in.I miss that.

Well I have most of the packing done.Still not ready yet.But I will be by morning.I'm so excited.And tired.I can't wait to get this done.

So now for a question for the computer savy.My computer is making Donkeys sounds.Yes you read that right.Donkey sounds.At first I thought it was one of those IM sounds.But it is happening when noone is on my buddy list.I went into settings and I deleted all the automatic addresses.So it's not that.

So any ideas was could be causeing it.It isi driving me crazy.

Well gotta get back to work.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: koshka Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/14/07 03:34 AM
Briget,

Quote:
So now for a question for the computer savy.My computer is making Donkeys sounds.Yes you read that right.Donkey sounds.At first I thought it was one of those IM sounds.But it is happening when noone is on my buddy list.I went into settings and I deleted all the automatic addresses.So it's not that.

Do you have any antivirus software? If you don't, well, Clam AV is free and pretty good at detecting problems, from what I've read. The cable provider up here that we use for the 'net connection offers a free version of some commercial security software, too, but only for MS Windows. Does your internet provider have anything like that?

On a less sinister note, maybe there's an alarm setting of some sort turned on with a humorous sound? Who else uses the machine? Have they left their IM running?

Sorry I messed up on the league. So bowling is too much work, eh? What does your team play? Darts? Softball? Bobsledding?

What? Jamaica has an Olympic team, so it's not impossible. ;\)

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/14/07 03:37 AM
Finally some piece and quiet.I have to get up early in the morning and get moving.I forgot how much work it is to move.

So I'm relaxing with a beer and cigarette.Watching Sex in the City.LOL I'm usually out playing pool or dancing.But this is better.I'm moving out of this crappy house.

So advice on how to make my computer stop making donkey noises?

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/14/07 03:37 AM
LOL crossing paths.
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/14/07 03:40 AM
My team plays APA pool.Just like you see on espn.My goal is to be the next Allison Fisher.LOL
Posted By: hellkat Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/18/07 11:44 PM
So Briget, did you get moved in yet?
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/19/07 08:48 PM
Hi all,

Well I'm all moved in.Life is good.The pool isn't working right now so D12 is bummed.But she will get over it.

S17 is doing good.He is out looking for a summer job.I have an interview coming up to be a manager of a Wendy's.

I don't get a singnal on my computer so I have to go to the park.No shade so won't be doing that often.I'm getting clearwire in a few days so I will be back soon.

Love Ya'll and miss coming on and telling you my drama.No one else wants to listen to it.LOL

I'll be back.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/19/07 10:46 PM
Glad you are all moved in Briget. \:\)

Can't wait till you are back to give us the mega update!!!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/20/07 01:35 AM
Briget,
Glad you love your new place. And.....we love hearing your drama. Nobody puts a spin on a story better than you.
Posted By: HappyToday Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/20/07 01:40 AM
Hi Bridget,

My daughter has worked for Wendy's for 10 years now and we have found that is a path to some really good things. She's now at a point in her life that requires change and she'll be leaving there at the end of the year, but it's been a good job for her for a long time. They did take her family seriously. So I hope your franchise will allow you to get that job and they will take yours seriously too. One thing. She told them - I will go to school and I need these days off. If you're good they will compromise.

Sarah is changing gears and moving to a different field. That is why she is choosing to leave. She had to (and is still) close on weekend nights. That scared the crap out of me. I worried every time she did that. I worry every single time she leaves there at 2:00 am. I will be the happiest person on the face of the earth when I know she is home and not there in the middle of the night. That's the worst part of the job.

But the people there are her family and she loves them dearly as do they love her.

I wish you luck on this journey. You certainly deserve some luck in your life now.
Posted By: hellkat Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 07/21/07 12:33 PM
Good luck on your interview, although I'm sure you wont need it.

So youre all nestled in! yay! does it smell like fresh paint and new carpet lol! Too bad about the pool, believe me as hot as it's been lately I'd be just as bummed as your D! At least during the fall you get that nice breeze from the river - too bad fall in Florida doesnt start until January ha-ha.

Thats the one thing I dont like about FL. you really dont get to 'see' the entire 4 seasons, it's either hot or cold (or rainy) theres none of the pretty changes in leaves, it's either green or dead lol!
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/08/07 01:20 AM
Hi all,

Well it has been a long time since I got on board.I have been so busy.Life is good.

I got the job and have now worked four whole days.I like my job very much.Not fond of one person there.But such is life.

My on again off again bf and I are not speaking.well we kind of did last night.I said hi.LOL Asked how he was doing.Told me fine.I told him I hope so.Then went back to my friends and I left him standing at the bar.He doesn't seem like he is doing to well.So I'm going to let him flounder for a while and go do my own thing.

So thats it for now.Just getting ready for school to start.I can't wait for my D12 to head back to school.

I'll be back when this heat wave we are having cools.It's to dark to come out at night.

Later Friends.
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/08/07 02:03 AM
Briget,
Congratulations!!! Hopefully, your co-workers will grow on you with time.

I was wondering how you were doing. Don't stay away so long. We miss you!!!
Posted By: BethM Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/08/07 02:31 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOO Brig,

Congats on the new job! I'm glad to see that things are working out for you. You deserve it!

Love,
bethie
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/08/07 04:46 AM
Yeah Briget!!
Don't be a stranger! I may of forgotten which job is this??
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/08/07 10:17 AM
Congratulations on the new job! That is great it all worked out so well. \:\)
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/09/07 11:28 PM
Hi all,

Karen it was the Wendy's job.I have 5 more weeks to learn everything in the store and they will have a district manager come and watch me to see if I'm manager material.LOL I am!!

I went to see a lawyer today to start getting my child support.Ex's job was refusing to garnish his wages.But one phone call from the lawyer may have set them straight for a while.Did find out that since I sat on my case it may have been dismissed.If that is the case back to square one.More money out of my pocket.And I may lose my allimony.But will still be getting my part of the retirement.

If ex finds out that the case may be dismissed then he can halt the garnishemnt from the retirement and I will be without child support until I get it reinstated.So I have to head to the courthouse this week and see if it has been dismissed and real fast get a new case started and a new court order for child support.I hope I can get it all done before he finds out.Not sure he is smart enough to figure it out.But his sister is a paralegal and might think of it.

Well not much else going on so I'm heading home.I hate typing in the park.It just rained and the bugs are out.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: FiatLux Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/11/07 03:06 PM
Hi Briget,

Regarding the XH's shenanigans, what a stinker! Life is hard enough without having to deal w/ that crap again and again.

On the other hand, its probably less often than what we had to deal with from them in the M... (at least for me). \:\)

Hope your keeping cool in this amazing heat.

FL
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/12/07 12:51 AM
LOL stinkerhead is an understatement!!!!!!!

I have been hanging out at the pool with D12 this week.I have a little bit of a tan.Trying not to get one when D12 wants to swim all the time is hard.I'm going to end up looking like a little old lady.

Well back inside.Even this late it is hot.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: psluke Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/18/07 10:44 AM
Hey Briget!!!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

And many more!!!!!!!!!!!

\:\) \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: hellkat Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/18/07 01:28 PM
Happy Birthday Briget!! So how's it feel to be 21?! lol!
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/18/07 01:58 PM
Where's our Birthday Girl???

Hope you have a great day, Briget!!!!
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/18/07 05:02 PM
HAP HAP HAPPY BIRTHDAY
MISS BRIGET!!!

come out come our wherever you are!!!
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/20/07 12:36 AM
Hi all,

Thank you.

Well I have recovered from my birthday party!! I had my party at the local watering hole.I had such a good time.I had to sleep most of the day.I didn't get in til almost four in the morning.LOL

I drank way to much.I woke up this morning feeling so hung over.LOL I'm getting way to old for that.I'm 43 now.It feels so unreal.How did that happen?

Not much going on in my life.I work and hang out with D12.Nothing else.I do my pool league on monday nights.I haven't done a tournment in a while.Don't feel like it.I do miss the extra money I make when I play them.But I just don't have the energy to stay out that late.My job has me coming in at seven in the morning.

O and I Hate My Job!!!!!!!!!!

I have mentioned in the past that my old job was bad because no one got along.I thought this job couldn't be worse.Wrong!!! OMG these people argue over the littlest thing.I'm looking for a new one as soon as I get D12 settled in school.

I'm looking for peace in my life and I want a job where people respect each other.This is not a good fit for me.I have peace in all of my life with the exception of this one thing.

Right now I'm at the pool with D12 watching her float on her back.I don't feel like swimming so I'm watching her.It's almost dark and the breeze feels wonderful.Soon we will go in and snuggle on the couch and watch a little tv.Then off to bed.

I love my apartment.It is so easy to keep clean.And I'm not stressing over anything.I have air conditoning.I don't have the stress of my sons dog.I used to come home to the house being trashed and now it looks the same as when I left it.

Ex BF and I are not talking.We were getting along (never really argued) and then suddenly he just stopped speaking to me.Still don't know why.But I don't care.I have just been enjoying my life so much I don't think about him much.Sometimes I miss him.But not enough to figure out why he isn't speaking to me.I feel finished with this relationship.

Well thats it for now.Life is good.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: qoe100 Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 08/20/07 12:50 AM
Briget,
I'm so glad things are going so well for you. You deserve it!!!

As for XBF, PHHHTTTT!!!!
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 09/08/07 12:21 AM
Hi all,
Well still no internet at the house.But the weather is nice at this time of night so I'm at the park.

I have had a lot of changes in my life this last few weeks.I quit my job.I was not happy there.So I left.I now work at a McDonalds across the street from me.It takes me less than five minutes to get to work.They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.I make a few dollars more an hour than I did at the other place.So that is good.

My exbf and I are broken up for good.I will not flip flop again.Not a chance that I would.He started seeing this skinny 23 year crackhead.I'm not kidding.She is a crackhead.No teeth,has sores all up and down her arms.GROSS!!!!!!!! I wouldn't touch that boy if he grew a ten foot pole.LOL I'm glad I was not seeing him at the time.I had asked for a break so I could figure out what I wanted to do with my life.He started seeing her during this time.

I'm not looking for a new man right now.I have rejoined the she woman man haters club.LOL Well really I'm just to happy and don't want to risk my happiness with a relationship.

D13 started school and she loves it.She is in 7th grade but taking some 8th grade classes.That is such a jump for her.She is dislexic and she has always been in the "other" classes as she calls them.

S22 is getting married next month on the 26th.I still haven't found my dress.

So that is about it for now.That and the bugs are starting to bite.They really need to put some lights in the park.LOL

Ya'll have a good weekend.I'm working.

Later Friends
Brigete
Posted By: hellkat Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 09/08/07 12:38 AM
Briget!

Glad you found some time to post! Good riddance to you exbf! yikes that sounds scary!

Besides, when a door closes a window opens. Take you closer, higher paying job for examle! Not to mention that you D is excelling in school!

Good luck on the dress hunting, maybe you'll luck up on a great sale!
Posted By: merrick Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 09/08/07 04:00 AM
Quote:
I'm just to happy and don't want to risk my happiness with a relationship.

Now that may be the most profound statement I've seen on the BB in four years!

Peace,
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 09/12/07 09:48 PM
Well you know me Merrick.Im nothing if not profound.LOL

Well not much going on here.Just work and sleep.I've been on a diet for the last few days.Haven't lost a pound.What I wouldn't give for a giant piece of chocolate cake.

My team finished dead last this year.But I'm hoping for a wild card.If not then we don't get to go to cities.Very disapointing.

D13 is in school and seems to still like it.She comes home every day telling me about all the cute boys.LOL I'm glad this is the last one.I don't think I could take it if I had any more kids in school.

I'm kind of bored with my life and feel like going crazy.But I'm broke and just don't have the time or money to do any thing.I'm itching to go to the Bahamas like I did a few years ago.But to broke to go.But it sure would be fun if I could.I remember the last time I climbed a coconut tree and had got stuck.I had to be helped down by some nice men.LOL Next time I go I will not do that again.

Well back to the real world.I have to make dinner.

Later Friends
Briget
Posted By: koshka Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 09/13/07 02:00 AM
Briget,

Quote:
I'm just to happy and don't want to risk my happiness with a relationship.

Isn't that exactly the time when a relationship finds you?

Quote:
I'm glad this is the last one.I don't think I could take it if I had any more kids in school.

I just came from my third "Open House" night in the last week. I can't imagine what life will be like when I'm not meeting with teachers, etc. What are you planning for after D13 finishes?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Briget Re: I got my new apartment!!!!!!!!! - 09/14/07 09:10 PM
LOL what am I planning after D13 finishes school? Homework! I'm heading back to school.Just have to get things in order.But should be able to start next fall.I want to get a bit more in my savings before going.I plan on starting next fall.I had planned on this year but well money is tight and I need to work a lot of hours.But if nothing goes wrong with my plan then I will start next year.

Not much else going on.Just a few pissy emails from the stupid stxb (feels weird to say soon cause this ain't ending any time soon)LOL Will he wver just go away?

Well I'm heading to the pool.It's hot as all git out here.

Later Friends
Briget
© DivorceBusting.com