Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Insert clever thread title here! - 09/13/06 10:25 PM
Yes, I was locked. I've been offline for a week or so...now I'm back. Work and kids are keeping me super busy.

SoccerDad...where are ya? Why haven't you answered my emails?
Posted By: koshka Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/14/06 12:32 AM
Guinness!
Posted By: koshka Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/14/06 12:34 AM
April,

Sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge to get my drink order in ahead of the crowds. I was about to post an "Is there an April in the house?" kind of post, or I would have tried and found your thread locked.

Any news since the mediation?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/14/06 01:15 AM
No real news...STBX had surgery on his back...I've been busting butt at work. Final hearing is scheduled for November 29th and I'll get my maiden name back!

Guiness for Joe!
Posted By: FiatLux Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/21/06 04:40 PM
How's it going, Teach?

Have you had to pull spitballs out of your hair yet?

Gabe
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/22/06 11:04 AM
Hey, Gabe Aside from 2 flat tires (the same one twice ) work is going well. I really like it and I'm looking forward to starting some holiday programs in a month or so. I'm super busy...home around 5:30 or 6:00....dinner, bath and bed for the kids...then I toss some laundry in the washer and try to stay awake long enough to put it in the dryer, lol. I'm taking s1.5 to the lung doc today for a check-up so I actually have time to catch up on the board!

Thanks for checkin' in on me.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/23/06 11:36 AM
Hi April,
It's so great that things are going well for you and you love your job!!!!

Posted By: Dmsw4 Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/23/06 01:08 PM
Hi April. I just wanted to pop in and see how you're doing. Sounds like you're doing well...except for the flat tires . I've been afraid of the idea of going to court...is it as scary as I think? Or am I afraid of the unknown?
Posted By: WindyCityBeth Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 09/28/06 02:46 AM
Hey April -

Just wanted to say hi! There just aren't enough hours in the day, are there? Sounds like your doing great - I'm so glad you are enjoying your job!!!

WCB
Posted By: koshka Re: Insert clever thread title here! - 10/22/06 01:21 AM
April,

Knock, knock!

Isn't it about time for an update? Kevin never tells the rest of us what you're up to.

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: FiatLux WAASSSUUUUUPPPP!!? - 10/24/06 04:16 PM
Hey there, April.

How's it shakin?

Gabe
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: WAASSSUUUUUPPPP!!? - 10/26/06 01:46 AM
Hey, fellas

I've been super busy lately. I'm out of the house from 7am-6pm most days. Slowly but surely I'm getting my house in order

The final (I hope) hearing is a little over a month away and I'm glad that the "end" is near. I try to update on myspace when I get a chance...look me up over there if ya miss me

How are things with you all?
Posted By: koshka Re: WAASSSUUUUUPPPP!!? - 10/30/06 11:52 AM
April,
Quote:

The final (I hope) hearing is a little over a month away and I'm glad that the "end" is near.

Good for you and the kids. The end is tough, but it makes the "starting over" possible.
Quote:

I try to update on myspace when I get a chance...look me up over there if ya miss me

I haven't logged into myspace in weeks or even longer. I don't like the ads for their dating service, with the scantily clad teenage girls popping up on every mouse click. It's bad enough continuing to get spam from match.com about all the women who are supposedly trying to contact me (on the basis of my hidden profile, no less).

Keep us posted over here once in a while, k?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Joe, your update. - 11/13/06 03:34 PM
Our hearing is in 2.5 weeks. I hope like crazy we get everything finalized...I don't want to keep this "man's" name any longer than I have to.

I filed a contempt charge for non-payment of child support...no CS since June. I was hoping he'd be served in time for the upcoming hearing, but no luck. It'll be February or March before we can get that scheduled...

Kids are doing okay. They're eager to go to MD next week. The baby is doing great. He's almost 2...talking like crazy and climbing out of his crib. He's been sick on and off for most of November Hopefully, he'll get better and off the ton of meds he's on.

Work is still kicking my behind, but that's okay. I'm starting on stuff for our Christmas programs today. The joy!

I think that's all, off the top of my head...oh, I'm not online at home anymore. Without the CS, I can't afford it. Oh well, maybe in the new year I can swing it, lol.
Posted By: koshka Re: Joe, your update. - 11/14/06 10:07 AM
April,
Quote:

I filed a contempt charge for non-payment of child support...no CS since June.

That's a long time to go without the CS. I know the judge told XW to notify the court immediately if she "had any difficulty" getting money from me. The attitudes of the judge ("He can't be trusted to provide for his kids") and XW (gleeful, in a Cruella de Ville kind of way) were the starkest view I had of the operatings of the court system in MD. It showed me that the judge probably hadn't even looked at the details of the case or the transcription of the custody hearing to get S7 home.

Sorry. Enough venting. Does your L know of any way to expedite the hearing on the CS? Waiting two to three more months sounds extreme.

I hope the baby is feeling better for Christmas. It sounds like he's just the right age to tear the house up for about 6 hours and then konk out the rest of the day.

Are you making the trip to MD, or just to some meeting point?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Dmsw4 Re: Joe, your update. - 11/15/06 11:32 AM
April, sorry to hear your little one's been sick. Glad he's feeling better.

Does your X know that you are filing a contempt charge? What is his excuse for not paying? Just curious....B
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: Joe, your update. - 11/15/06 03:10 PM
Joe, he'll be coming down here to pick them up. There's no way my van could make the trip to MD, lol.

Mellanie, unless he's been served then he doesn't know. He called last night to discuss the pick-up on Saturday and he didn't mention it. He's been "injured" since June and hasn't worked since. He said he would be back to work at the end of September. When the end of October rolled around with no $$, I decided to file.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Joe, your update. - 11/15/06 08:52 PM
Hi April,
Good for you for forcing the support issue. Hope you can get it worked out quickly. If nothing else, you may get his income tax return as a result since there's no income.

Glad to hear all is well with your job. Sounds like you love it!!!
Posted By: koshka Re: Joe, your update. - 11/27/06 11:34 PM
April,

How was Turkey Day for you? Quiet time without the kids and the students? Any news on the C$ front?

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: Joe, your update. - 11/29/06 09:07 PM
Hey Joe!!!

Turkey Day was good. I spent it with my "guy" and his family. It was also his Mother's 80th birthday so there was cake on top of all the other goodies

On the CS issue, the ex (Yes, the EX!) came up with a little under $600. I hit some stores on Black Friday and got most of my shopping done for Christmas. The rest is gas money until payday.

Had court today...I'm cutting and pasting from another board I visit...

It went well today. Well, I almost got shushed by the judge for my giggling. I really thought I'd be a little sad and maybe shed a tear or two. I was happy to see tissues on the table beside me. However, after we got started I got really tickled. At one point (near the end) my attorney looked over to see me doing a little happy dance in my seat. She plans to request a copy of the video recording of the procedings so she can put them on her myspace page, lol. The EX was pretty quiet throughout the whole thing. (I guess he has to find a new excuse as to why he can't marry OW, lol. JK, sort of.)

After court, Stacey (attorney) and I were going to lunch. I checked my cell and had a message from my guy. He was on his way down (45 minute drive, at least, for him) to see me and offer support. He met us for a long lunch. Sigh

Anyway, that was pretty much it. My child support went down by almost $300 since my income is up from the last hearing. Oh well, $300 less than nothing isn't that big a deal. I'm used to not getting any from the last few months, so any amount will be nice.

Oh, before we ate we ran into a friend from HS that's a cop. He was standing with a couple of state troopers. They told me to have a few margaritas to celebrate. I was like, "but I have to drive home after lunch." They kept encouraging me to have at least one drink, lol. It was the first time I've seen cops encourage drinking and driving.
Posted By: kml Re: Joe, your update. - 11/29/06 09:36 PM
Quote:

Well, I almost got shushed by the judge for my giggling. I really thought I'd be a little sad and maybe shed a tear or two. I was happy to see tissues on the table beside me. However, after we got started I got really tickled. At one point (near the end) my attorney looked over to see me doing a little happy dance in my seat. She plans to request a copy of the video recording of the procedings so she can put them on her myspace page, lol

LOL!!! Will we be seeing "The Giggling Divorcee" on youtube soon?????

I imagine not too many LBSs giggle in the courtroom - I take it as a good sign that you are well over your H and looking forward to the future.

Honestly - given your H's past history of abandoning his previous family before yours, his pathology runs so deep, you are well out of his mess. I'm so impressed with how you managed to pull yourself up, dealing with all those kids essentially on your own, getting back to work, etc. etc. You rock, girl!

I'm so enjoying the image of tha WAH squirming in his seat, wondering why LBS is so happy to be rid of him, instead of collapsing in a heap of tears. I bet that turned his world view on its head!!!! And I think you're right = he's probably not too happy to lose his excuse not to marry oW.

Ellie
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Joe, your update. - 11/29/06 10:09 PM
Good for you, April!!! Bet you're glad to have this over with, huh? It's been waaaay too long in coming.

April, you really are an amazing person. Like KML said, raising 4 kids on your own, finishing school, working at what you love and I could go on and on. Now, unless I missed something, where'd this new guy come from??? Hmmmmm?

What a joke about lowering your CS. How can you lower $0?
Posted By: koshka Re: Joe, your update. - 11/30/06 02:50 AM
April,

Consorrulations (Or something like that, ask Betsey) on the finalized D.

You do sound good. Your guy sounds pretty good, too. I guess this isn't the guy you mentioned to us in your earlier threads?

The Ex will have to find a new reason why he can't marry OW. Too bad. It still amazes me that she'd be with him knowing how he's treated his own family.

More power to you!

Thanks,

Joe
Posted By: Dmsw4 Re: Joe, your update. - 12/02/06 03:24 AM
Congrats April. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. B
Posted By: lambsie Just looking in on you... - 01/08/07 02:20 PM
***HUGS**** You made it through!

Very proud of you!

LambsieChick
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Ahh...2007 - 01/14/07 07:18 PM
Lambsie!!! How are things? Drop me an email sometime, would ya?

No new guy...old guy...the "no sparks" guy from long ago that "broke up with me" over the summer. It's an odd situation, but I'm going with the flow and enjoying his company.

I haven't been on here in so long. Work is still good. My kids have been sick this past week...hopefully they'll get healthy soon.

I've made an appointment with a therapist to work on some issues...stress, relationships, etc...I'm hoping to get some perspective and some new ideas on how to handle my life. There's no major problems, I just think I can do better than I am.

The Ex eventually got served with the contempt charge in mid-December. He called and threw a fit about how his doctor wouldn't release him to work. Strangely enough, he was released a week later, lol. I still haven't seen any CS, but you'll have that. Maybe in another week or two? I'll be sure to post a picture of me holding my breath.

I hope you're all doing well. I really need to check in more often.
Posted By: Dmsw4 Re: Ahh...2007 - 01/15/07 08:05 PM
Thanks for the update April. Hope everyone is healthy again soon...and I hope you get a big healthy CS check soon. OK, you can stop holding your breath, we like you too much to let you expire. Take care. B (um, Mel...)
Posted By: FiatLux Re: Ahh...2007 - 01/16/07 05:03 PM
April!

You continue to amaze me with your ability to persevere and press on with life despite your ex's thorough lack of support or assistance.

Glad to see that you're not pressing on the R front. It'll happen if it's meant to be.

Take care,

FL
© DivorceBusting.com