Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Toomanywords Chapter 23 - 05/16/06 11:47 AM
Previous Chapter

Not a bad idea. My dog would be insanely jealous. LOL.

My bike, it's good for now. Needs some adjustments.

I'm also glad my sister is getting help. These are trained professionals and I don't think she can keep up her act 24/7. And the counselors and workers are accustomed to much worse than she is dishing out. My dad and her mom however can be fooled more easily. We'll see how it all goes.

Borders - I haven't heard from them. I left the notice for my manager 2 weeks ago asking him to drop me to contingent, since to be part time I'd have to work 2 days a week. I'm sure they'd call if I was completely done. I'll probably get a call in a week or so.

BF and I hung out last night. I reminded him of the date. He seemed like he sincerly appologized. He said one of these times he'll shock the crap out of me and remember. (I won't hold my breath, I've learned that men remembering dates is the equivelant of pigs flying) But he was sweet yesterday, we had to stop at his friend's house. He told me how happy I make him. He actually talked a bit more than usual. Mentioned how he wants to go see the Da Vinci Code (really surprised me since it doesn't seem like his cup of tea, but I didn't argue). I asked if we'd actually have a date. He said yeah, I asked without his brother? He said his brother wouldn't like that kind of movie.
Wow, a date. I don't know what to do with myself.
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: Chapter 23 - 05/16/06 09:40 PM
Quote:

Wow, a date. I don't know what to do with myself.

Well, if it's a date, you don't have to do it with yourself
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Chapter 23 - 05/17/06 11:35 AM
LOL, this is true.

Yesterday he asked me if I wanted to go to King's Island with them. (Him and his brother of course). Next weekend. Leave EARLY Saturday morning, come home LATE Sunday. And we can sleep in and relax on Monday. There is a camp ground we can stay at. They have this HUGE tent, it's got 2 or 3 bedrooms in the tent. I'm so excited.

I'm kind of surprised he's making plans. Nice change.

Have to go out to my mom's today. I am getting 50 free goldfish for her pond. BF is going to go with me. I found them on craigslist. Great site for free classified ads. Some cool free stuff people occationally post.
I have to go out there today and I might have to go out there Friday - her fiancee is having angioplasty (sp?). It's at 2pm. My mom gets out of work at 1:30. So, he'll drive himself to the hospital. My mom will go there right from work. But he won't be able to drive home. So they've asked if I would drive out to the house, my mom will come pick me up, then I'll drive one of their cars back to their house and I'll go home. His kids are very worthless! His son lives with them and he can't do this! Argh.

Then Saturday they are having a garage sale. It's the annual garage sale for the trailor park. So mom asked if me and BF's mom would go out there. BF's mom will drive, so that BF can do my oil change, rotate tires, replace brakes and rotors.

XH hasn't transfered the money out of the joint account yet. I'm going to the bank to get the paperwork to get him off the account. I'll mail it to him to sign and have him mail it back.
Posted By: Toomanywords Argument with my mom - 05/17/06 12:32 PM
I need to post to try and bring my blood pressure down.

My mom called me as she usually does on her way to work. Talking about me bringing her fish after work today, she's going to order pizza. Talking about her fiancee and his son.

Well, somehow we got into an argument. She said something about how her and her fiancee met.
She has changed this story at least 3 times now.
Today she says they met at a local Children's hospital last year, preparing for an easter egg hunt. I told her - she told me she met him on the internet when he emailed her something about her profile and it was right after Christmas; she was upset with SD because he didn't get her as much christmas gifts as he got her. She said no, she never said any of that. Today she tries to claim that she didn't start talking to her fiancee until after her birthday - until I reminded her that she and him went to a concert 1 or 2 weeks before her birthday and that she took a call from him on her birthday at the resturant in front of myself, XH and SD.
I reminded her that her fiancee once said something about Christmas cookies and that is when she told me she actually started talking to him after Christmas.
She said no, she never said that. She said she would never care how much someone gave her for Christmas and that again, she didn't start talking to him until around her birthday. She claims she gave him some frozen Christmas cookies in march when they met.

I got upset with her because, as I told her, I'm only going off of what she told me. And I had to hear for MONTHS about how upset she was with SD about not getting her as much as she got him for Christmas.

I told her that this is why me and BF's mom are so upset with her - she can't keep her stories straight.
At 1 point she said maybe she needs to see a doctor, because she doesn't remember saying any of that.

She got to a point of frustration, knowing she wasn't going to win this battle and said that she is with her fiancee now and that's all that matters. And she changed the subject.

How long will it take for her to tell the truth, to herself, to her fiancee, to me, to her best friend, to SD, to my dad, to her mom, to her grandmother. I still stand by my ultimatum - she tells everyone the truth by her wedding next June or I will object.

She stopped to see SD yesterday before her doctor's appointment. Not sure exactly what happened there.
She told BF's mom that her appointment was at 2, told me and SD 3. SD was in a wierd mood when I came home. Happy, but saying things to himself about how much he misses her. I went over BF's for a while, when I came back he was sitting in the living room, in the dark listening to the radio.

I know that not much can be done for WAS in way shape or form - I just can't keep up with this. I'm so sick of arguing with her over the truth or what she claims to be the truth or the truth she tells me versus the truth she tells BF's mom.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Argument with my mom - 05/17/06 03:26 PM
Your mom, really cant remember al lher lies. Is she going through an MLC herself?

I think she should go into therapy. That's a great idea!

Why not say to her, I've been thinking about what you said, aout seeing a dcotor and I think it would be a good idea. Or maybe talk to your sis's counselors and tryt o get them to talk to her???

The Theme park sounds fun!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/17/06 03:47 PM
I've suggested it before.
She's even lied about going to counseling. She claimed she went to this 1 place. I asked her where since some of my college professors work in the area. She wouldn't say. Then I asked what the doctor's name was. She said she seen someone different evertime she went. There is no counselor/psychologist/psychiatrist in the world that would pass a patient around to others in the office from visit to visit. There is no way to learn the history, to build report.

I don't think there is much more I can do. I've told her that I will object to her marriage next year if she doesn't tell everyone the truth. She knows this. She knows I'm not bluffing. Yet she keeps up the lies and she keeps up the wedding planning. So, she has a year. If the wedding is still on in a year - we'll see what happens. Something has got to make her stop.

She has always stretched the truth a bit, but nothing this extreme.

I think there is something very very wrong with her. She will tell me things 3 or 4 times before I stop her and tell her she already told me. Simple, little things. Like what the doctor said or some conversation she had or something that happened at work or at a store. She forgets things I tell her.
She forgets little things. I might have mentioned this before, but the 1 time I was out at her house - she forgot how to attach a picture in email. She's done it hundreds of times. But she really honestly couldn't remember how to do it. I even thought she was joking, but she wasn't.

I'm starting to think I should call my great grandma, her grandmother and see what stories she's been telling her. I know the stories she's been telling me, BF's mom, SD and my dad. She just doesn't get that EVERYONE knows she's a lier. EVERYONE.
Even the neighbors we used to have in the house her and SD used to rent. Even they knew she was cheating on SD or that something was going on - from the few stories she told them.

What a horrible life to lead, that you don't know what stories you tell and you make up more stories to cover the original stories. I know when I relate events or conversations, I don't have to worry about 1 person talking to another or anything. If anything - I forget details, but I don't make things up.

It's frustrating and hurtful, especially since this is my mother.

She called right before she went into work, to tell me of a DVD movie she got from the library. She talked like nothing happened. She said I love you. She was looking forward to seeing me and BF and getting the fish tonight and she'd order pizza for us.
ARGH

I wish I knew what it would take to make her stop lying. If there was a way to stop being her daughter, I'd seriously look into it! I'm just so disgusted with her, it's beyond words. It's beyond definition.

Anyways - trying to focus on next weekend. I LOVE Theme Parks. I love roller coasters. I hope the weather is good. I really like King's Island. It's owned by Paramount, so it's got all this movie stuff.
Posted By: 2ndChances5 Re: Argument with my mom - 05/18/06 02:08 PM
TMW, obviously your mother is wrong to chronically lie, and she seems to have made a poor choice in the man she's involved with. (seems to me there are some parallels to your own situation but that's another story)

I'm not sure why it is affecting YOU so strongly. Ok, she lies to you and everyone else. But you know that she lies, so you know better than to beleive her. Her lies are not a reflection on you-- her being known to be a liar does not cause people to suspect you are a liar too, since you are her daughter. So, bottom line, how is it affecting you day to day?

I'm drawing a blank on that-- but if you are able to identify ways that her lying is legitimately affecting you, then you have that as ammunition to confront her. If it's just a value judgement-- then it's really her choice.

Just a thought.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/18/06 02:55 PM
It affects me because she is my mother. I can't believe things she tells me. She lies to people that we mutually know, so I have to deal with them asking me about her stories and her life.

Anyways- I'm so excited. BF and his brother and I were planning our trip for next weekend to King's Island. It's about a 4 hour drive or so from where we live. We will leave Saturday morning, spend the day at the park - camp at a local campground (with airmattresses). Then go to the park again on Sunday. The plan was to come home Sunday night. Today I jokingly asked if we could stay an extra day and go to the zoo - sounded good to them and they went ahead and booked an extra night at the campgrounds.
I'm going to the Cincinnatti Zoo!!!! I'm SOO excited! I've never been there, I've seen pictures and heard about how great it is. I have to get tons of extra batteries for my camera. I have to figure out who can watch my dog. So excited!

Went and seen my mom last night. Got a ton of free goldfish that she could use for her outside pond. That was fun. Transporting 2 buckets full of goldfish in the car for a little over an hour.
I have to go back out there tomorrow. And Saturday.
So many miles on my car. So much gas being used.

XH still hasn't transfered his part of the money out of the checking account. He isn't answering his phone. I'm planning on going to the bank tonight and getting the papers to have his name taken off the account. I'll fill out my part and mail them to him to sign. I'll put a note in there to make the transfer, sign the papers and send them back. Maybe I'll even include an envelope already addressed and stamped. If he isn't going to make the transfer, I wish he'd just let me know. Or let me know when he will be making the transfer. That way I can plan things financially more easily.

I'm just so excited about the Zoo thing that not much else matters at the moment.

Have to focus on work and get some of that done.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Argument with my mom - 05/18/06 04:03 PM
I'm happy for you to be going to have some fun!

How's stepdad doing?

I like your idea of sending the self-addressed stamped envelope to take care of the bank account. Your ex is obsiousely going through something and can not handle these little details of life at the moment.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/18/06 05:07 PM
Yeah, I can't wait. Roller Coasters and animals all in 1 long weekend. Only bad thing is that we'll be sleeping in a tent and not in a hotel. But at least it's going to be on an air mattress and a 3 bedroom tent. And it's only $17/night. That's total for the campground rental. Doesn't matter how many people.

SD is alright. He's talking more about selling the house, but he says if he did, it wouldn't be for a year. That gives me a little time to pay off/down bills. My mom mentioned that if he did put the house up for sale, maybe I could buy it. She said that her fiancee would help me. They already talked about it.
It's hard to not like someone who keeps offering help when you might need it.
SD, he needs help. In different ways. He spends a lot of time at the bar or at home drinking alone. He talks to himself, A LOT. I've mentioned this before. Last night or the night before he talked for over an hour, nonstop - to himself.

I thought about just putting XH's signature on the papers myself. I've done it before, he's been fine with it. But since he won't answer his phone, I'll do things the legal way. Maybe I'll try to deliver the paperwork in person - since I also have to return his baseball/football/basketball trading cards.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Argument with my mom - 05/19/06 12:35 AM
Quote:

But since he won't answer his phone, I'll do things the legal way.

ANd since he's not in his right mind etc. Yeah. I'm glad that you're doing it the legal way at this time.

I don't think there's any problem with SD talking to himself, who else does he have to talk to?
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/19/06 12:08 PM
It's 1 thing to talk to yourself, it's another to have entire conversations that last for an hour or more.

Last night was exhausting. I went and got the stuff for my car so BF can do my oil change, oil filter change, PVC change, air filter change, and brake and rotor change.

SD was in a mood yesterday. He doesn't know what he wants to do with the house. He has plans, he doesn't want to do them, he doesn't want the house because it was for "them", but he can't sell it as it is, he doesn't know if he wants to sell it. He doesn't know why he couldn't provide for my mom. He had been drinking when I came home and it showed. Then he was blasting music VERY loud. He was going on and on and slurring. Then at 11 pm when I thought he was getting ready to go to bed/pass out - he goes out. He keeps saying how he'll never find anyone, no one will want him, he doesn't want anyone, etc. He keeps talking about 1 year coming up. It's hard since I'm trying hard not to focus on the 1 year stuff coming up and he's trying hard to point out his 1 year ago's.

Tiring day today. I have to drive to my mom's after work. Drive her back up to the hospital where her fiancee is having angioplasty. They have no idea how long it will take, what will happen, if he'll get released today or anything. Anyway, I'll drive her back to the hospital, then I'll stop at the bar for a much needed drink or two.

Then tomorrow me and BF's mom are going out to my mom's. The "Modular home association" she lives in is having their annual garage sale. Despite the stuff going on with her own health and her fiancee's, my mom wants to try to sell stuff. And since she doesn't know if her fiancee will be there or if he'll be coming home tomorrow - she asked me and Bf's mom to come out there for a little while.
So, 9am we'll be on our way.
BF will take my car to work on. We already agreed tomorrow night we'll do something cheap and relaxing. Maybe the drive in. I'm going to sleep all day Sunday - I don't think I have anything going on.

I cannot wait until next weekend. I'll have to have my mom watch the dog. I have to sleep over at BF's since we'll be leaving by 4am Saturday. Then it's all day at the amusement park for 2 days and then the Zoo! I think I'm more excited about the zoo than anything.

I'm so tired. Need coffee, need vacation
Posted By: Toomanywords Shocker - XH returned my call - 05/19/06 01:56 PM
I left a message for XH at his house (since I've left messages at his work previously) to ask when he wants to get his basketball/football/baseball cards. I can drop them off or he can pick them up.

He actually called me back. He explained that he's been working 12 hour days and he appologized for not calling back and being a jerk. (?) I asked if/when he was going to make the transfer, he said probably today. I asked when he wanted to pick up the cards or if he wanted me to drop them off. He said he planned to visit his mom Monday unless I wanted to drop them off sooner. I explained I would be out that way today and tomorrow. So we arranged that I will get the cards from my mom's today and drop off the cards tomorrow before I go to my mom's. I'll go to his work to drop them off.
He asked about me and work and SD and the dog. I asked about him, his mom and his sister. And I was good and ended the conversation first.
He asked a few times if I was alright and if everything was ok. Not sure if he had heard something that made him worry or if he didn't have anything else to say/talk about or he was trying to get more info or what? Oh well.

I'm getting more and more excited for this trip next weekend. The zoo had manatees!!! They have a safari area, gorillas, rhinos, polar bears, elephants - looking at the map, I'm just so excited. BF says I'm worse than a child. But he knows my love of animals, so he thinks it's cute.

Have to focus. Also excited for the garage sale at mom's tomorrow. Maybe make a few dollars and walk around and maybe get some stuff for me.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/19/06 02:52 PM
Starting to be weirded out now - XH just sent an email -

Quote:

Love the Elvis website. Cool picture. You should put a picture of him in his play stance. That would be funny!

Thanks for the b-day wish.

My fault for being a jerk. Sorry

I had sent him a link to the website I created for the dog on Dogster.com.
I replied that I don't have any play stance pictures, but if I get one I might put it up. I said I do hope he had a good birthday. And I understand, thanks.

He returns my call and returns my email all in 1 day. Wierd. And he actually sets up a meeting to get his stuff. Good/bad - don't care much.
I guess that's a good thing for me. Happy to finally settle everything, get his name of the bank account so I can make changes. Happy to not have to worry about having any more of his stuff.

I'm also proud of myself, for getting to a point where I am more happy and more at peace. I can look at SD and I'm glad that I'm no longer like that, no longer having those thoughts. I feel bad that he's still there, but there is nothing I can say or do to help him. He doesn't want any sort of help anyways.

I watched the finale of That 70's show (only seen part of it since SD was having diarrhea of the mouth) - but seen the end where Eric comes back and him and Donna are together. ::Tear:: Watched the finale of Will and Grace. :: another tear:: They made me think, the characters in the show were talking about Destiny and that it's something that young people believe in - but they ultimately believed all along. hmmm. Then watched the finale of ER - wow, can't wait till next season. This show I've watched on and off, following various story lines over the years. Some good ones going on now, good cliffhangers.

Just read that the new CW network cancelled Everwood for an extra season of 7th Heaven! Oh so very wrong. Can't wait for Grey's Anatomy to come back next season. Incredible show! REALLY can't wait for this Sunday's finale of Charmed and Desperate Housewives and the ultimate season finale Wednesday with Lost. 2 hours. So mysterious and addictive.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Argument with my mom - 05/19/06 03:15 PM
It's 1 thing to talk to yourself, it's another to have entire conversations that last for an hour or more.

You're right. I wish he would go to alco. anonymous or something. He would find a group of supportive people there, and possibly put a stop to his downward spiral!

I'm proud of how you handled things with your ex! Good job!

Yeah Manatees!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/19/06 03:24 PM
Yeah, that's why I am scared/concerned for him. I do wish he'd get help, many people do - but he doesn't think he has a problem. Because his mom told him and she believes that you can't be an alcoholic from beer.
I know it's a bunch of bull - it was one of the major reasons that sort of made my mom pull away. After 15+ years of it. That part, I can understand for her.

Thanks for the positives! I need to treat myself.

Yeah, I was surprised that the Cincinatti Zoo had Manatees - and from the pictures, the exhibits are amazing compared to the Cleveland Zoo. I CANNOT wait! 1 week.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Argument with my mom - 05/21/06 07:38 PM
TMW<

Just stopping by to say hello!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/22/06 12:08 PM
Hi white!
I still don't have internet access at SD's, so I can only be here during the work week.

Let's see, Friday was busy and exhausting. I left work, went straight out to my mom's. Traffc was h e double hockey sticks. I had to go through downtown Cleveland. We had a baseball game and a playoff basketball game. Took my stuff for the yardsale. Took her back up to the hosptial. Her fiancee didn't have any blockage, they sent him home same day. I drove back, went to the bar - which was packed because of the aforementioned (sp?) 2 games. I had a burger and 1 drink and I hit the road since I was so tired.

Saturday drove out to my mom's again for the yard sale. On the way to mom's, I stopped at XH's work. I had the dog, so they were both excited to see each other. I gave XH his baseball/football/basketball cards. I let him know that if any are missing, to let me know - because the reason my mom took them from SD's house was that they were all laid out, out of the box 1 time she stopped. She got worried.
I also gave XH his Christmas gifts. A book from me and a relgious journal from the dog (because XH had told me before Christmas that he was going to be in charge of an adult Sunday school class and I thought it would be nice place for notes, etc). I also gave him the paperwork for the checking account - told him to fill it out, have it notorized and send it to me. Didn't stay long.

Yard sale was good. Very good. I have plenty of spending money for this coming weekend. And I found a few things for myself - including a better bike frame. Just have to transfer brakes, seat and gears off the bike I got from my grandpa. Mom's fiancee is going to do that, especially since he's off work for a week because of the unneccesary surgery.
While I was at the yard sale with my mom and BF's mom, BF worked on my car - oil change and brakes. He even put on my seat covers - I got them for Christmas, but never put them on.
As payment, I took him out to eat. Rocky River Brewing company. AWESOME french fries. I had Blueberry beer (very good). Went back to BF's and I fell asleep. Sunday was a lazy day, until around 7pm and I got in an organizing mood. Went through some boxes in the backroom - got rid of some stuff, put empty boxes in the attic, labeled a few boxs to go in the garage. Made some more room in my room. Started to back for this weekend. I have my packing list and my dog's packing list. My mom had the yardsale again on Sunday. I made some more $$.
I sold some porcelin dolls I had from when I was little. Sold most of them. Sold some stuff animals that Xh had given me. Some other misc. stuff.

Oh, I forgot - Saturday was my day of settling debts. I gave XH all his stuff (I still have his wedding ring, I put it away in a box along with cards and letters he gave me. He hasn't asked and I'm not going to tell). I paid mom's fiancee back for the loan I took from him. I got my rebate from Dell and I got my refund from Adelphia. Now I don't owe any person anything and no person or company owes me.

Busy week, besides work.
Today I have to go to 2 stores after work and make returns/exchanges.
Tomorrow I have to go out to my mom's again. I'm going to take my current bike out there and I'm going to pick up the money I made from the yard sale. She's also going to feed me
Wednesday, Lost, 2 hour season finale.
Thursday will be packing day.
Friday I will drop off the dog before I go to work along with all my stuff for the weekend. I will go straight to BF's from work and we will leave asap.
Then King's Island Saturday King's Island Sunday and Cincinatti Zoo Monday.

Sometime during this week I have to hook up my computer so I can upload all pictures from my digital camera, so I have plenty of free space to take pictures this weekend. I'm taking 2 disposable cameras for the amusement park. I was going to wear a fanny pack, but Bf made fun of me So I might carry a small backpack purse. That way I can carry sunscreen, chapstick, money, camera.
I am so excited.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Argument with my mom - 05/22/06 12:17 PM
Oh, I forgot - BF's friend called and he has the money and wants to buy my laptop. This transaction is still pending, but BF told me about it on Saturday.
It's a laptop my mom got me for high school graduation, for college. So it is now 7 years old. I don't use it much anymore since I have the desktop. Bf's friend said he'd take it for $200 - which is much more than I could get on ebay or anywhere else for it. So that's another thing I'm going to have to take care of this week.

I also have to make the dog's annual vet appointment. And he needs to be groomed.
And I have to run to the bank today.

These posts are becoming my to-do list.
Alright, to add to the craziness that is my week - boss lady offering OverTime. 3 hours.
Plus I was talking to her about this weekend - she said no one else has taken off or asked to leave early so I can if I want.
I called BF, told him I'll need some help with the dog situation tomorrow and Wednesday. I will work tonight till 6. Then 8-5:30 tomorrow. 8-5:45 Wednesday and Thursday and 8-3 on Friday. Whew.

I cannot wait till Friday. I will get a nice 4 hour nap (I get carsick and if I don't drive, I must sleep). Get to ride roller coasters for 2 days, eat marshmellows since we can make a campfire at the campgrounds, and see tons of animals and get to take tons of pictures.

I'm dancing in my seat - I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!
(I'm only singing in my head)

Gotta focus. Gotta focus.
Glad to hear you so excited about things!

I really like this
Quote:

Oh, I forgot - Saturday was my day of settling debts.

That feels good doesn't it?

Good job! I don't care what anyone says, I'm glad you gave christmas gifts to ex. Especially since one is a religious journal.

TMW,

I went on an awesome date Friday with a new guy and we're going out later in the week, too.
Posted By: Toomanywords My doggie's birthday - 05/23/06 11:11 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Good for you!
Thanks - I felt good giving him the Christmas gifts I bought for him. He probably didn't remember I had them, so it was a nice surprise.

So I worked late and did my running around. Even picked up a sample size facial cleaner & hair spray. I got BF a sample size body wash. I got graham crackers and chocolate for my smores. I love toasted marshmellows and I like smores!

Today my doggie is 5 years old. This is based on the day we got him (3 years ago) and how old they said he was when we got him (2-3 years old, we went with 2) But for his birthday, he's at the vet getting his annual checkup. But they all know him and love him, so he'll get tons of attention.
They know me so well, I got there at 7:40 am. They don't open till 8. I was just sitting in my car, they opened early for me. I have given them enough $$ over the past 3 years, they should know me. It was nice.
So, they will call when he is done/ready.
Bf will meet me at the vet's office and take the dog for the rest of the day. I remembered the leash and poop bags and food. I'm so on top of things it's scary.
I loaded my bike in my car all by myself this morning (good workout). After working late today I get to drive out to mom's and drop off the bike, pick up $ from the yard sale and eat some food.

Whew!
Posted By: Toomanywords Uh oh, loosing momentum - 05/24/06 01:54 PM
Let's see, worked till 5:30 last night, went out to my mom's.
Wierd, after last Saturday visiting XH at his place of work - I now know that I drive past it every time I go out to my mom's. Last night I was driving past it when he got off of work and I'm pretty sure he was 1 car in front of me. Wierd.
Took my bike out there so her fiancee can switch tires from the bike I bought for $5 at the yard sale. Got the money I made from the yard sale on Sunday. Picked up the stuff that didn't sell. Much less than what I took out there. I'm very happy. Ate dinner.
Picked up my dog, seen BF and his family. Went home, had to hook up my computer so I could unload pictures from my digital camera so it had all the free space I need for this weekend. I set it up in my room at SD's. Now, this is very hard to describe, but the room is less than 10X10.
I have a long dresser with mirror, closet, tv stand and tv, jewelry chest, dog's cage, queen size bed with headboard.
I have very little walking room.
Anyways - set up the computer on the corner of the bed. Took care of the pictures. I then thought I'd make some CDs from the music I downloaded while I was still at the condo. Well, I was tired and ended up making 3 or 4 cds of the same exact songs! Oh well. Then I had to change the sheets and comforter, because God only knows the last time that happened. Then I had to wait for the comforter to at least finish in the washer so I could put it in the dryer. I made my bed and just about passed out around midnight.

Woke up this morning with an icky feeling in my throat. Had a cup of OJ on the way to work and took some Airborne (this stuff is awesome!). I'm so sleepy.

Took the dog to Petsmart for grooming. He's ready to be picked up. Now I'm waiting for BF to call me, he'll meet me at petsmart and he'll take the dog for the rest of the day. I work till 5:45.

I keep thinking is Thursday, but it's only Wednesday. I plan to go home and sleep. I'll wake up for 2 hours to watch the Lost season finale, then I'll sleep some more. I'll pack during Lost if I have the energy.

Tomorrow I just work a long day (8-5:45), but nothing going on before or after work. Thank goodness.

Oh, my sister gets out of her troubled teen 2 week stint. My dad says she's putting on an act still and that she still has the attitude, so surprise surprise - 2 weeks there didn't make a difference. I'm so surprised (typing this doesn't express the sarcasim I'm going for)

The weather is getting so nice.

I bought 3 little plant things from Walmart that I started. Tomatoes, strawberries and green pepers. For $1.97 there is a plastic pot, seeds and soil. I followed all the instructions and the 3 pots are on the front porch. I've remembered to go out and moisten the soil everyday so far. I hope SD doesn't forget this weekend.

I'm babbling since I don't feel good. going to try and get work done now.
Posted By: psluke Re: Uh oh, loosing momentum - 05/24/06 02:13 PM
Just stopping by to send you a quick hug {{{{ }}}}}

and hope you feel better soon and have a *lovely* weekend!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Uh oh, loosing momentum - 05/24/06 02:20 PM
Thanks.
I need to sleep so I can get better so I can have that incredible weekend. I am soooo excited, on the inside at least. No energy to show much of it on the outside at the moment.

Hope you also have a great long weekend
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Uh oh, loosing momentum - 05/25/06 08:14 PM
So, I woke up yesterday with that icky feeling in the back of my throat. I took some Airborne stuff. Drank some OJ. I couldn't go to sleep early because of Lost (OMG!) - but I laid around. Ate some soup.

Woke up today and it seems a little worse. My shoulders and neck are acky. Got more of that ickiness in my throat and back of my nose. General icky feeling. Very sleepy. Took some more Airborne.

Have to pack for the weekend. Going to sleep early. Get to sleep 4 hours on the way down to Cincinnati tomorrow too. Please please please let it get better from here.

Spoke with XH earlier. My mom found more of his trading cards - the expensive ones. I am so worried that her or her fiancee or her fiancee's kids took some of the cards or that SD did. So, I called Xh to let him know. He did notice that many of the good cards were missing. I appologized. He asked how I was, I asked how he was. I asked about his mom, he asked about mine. I talked a little about her fiancee's kids. I was talking a little about her fiancee's daughter's myspace page. XH said in sort of a parental tone - You're not on there, are you?

I said yes, I am - but I don't talk to strangers and I took down the pictures I had of myself because of pervert comments. He told me to just be careful.
He sounds concerned. The tone of his voice carries so much more than the words. The tone seems like there is more he wants to say and ask.

After the whole thing with finding out he's engaged - I'm not sure we can ever be friends. We are friendly, but there is/was so much hurt and so many lies. He did appologize in the past for hurting me so badly, but...I don't know.
8 years just walks out like that - it's not easy to just forgive or forget.

I've heard of that rare couple that breaks up and stays friends and I think that Xh and I thought we could do that. Maybe in the future. Maybe after a lot of work - I just don't have the energy or the desire.

Not feeling good and thoughts just playing bumper cars in my head.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Uh oh, loosing momentum - 05/26/06 04:21 AM
Quote:

Not feeling good and thoughts just playing bumper cars in my head.

What a beautiful line! you get a literary award for this one! Seriousely.

Okay, so now, I'm really not for BF, but regardless I ifnd it interesting since you've stopped nagging that he's:

Helping you out by: taking the dog
changing all the oil etc, fixing up your car, even put in the seat covers etc.Did a thorough good, not lazy job.
Drove and helped out with coordinating with other things you've been up to.
Came up with a great adventure plan and even was willing to extend it to implement your added desire of the zoo.

Interesting. Not saying he doesn't need to grow up, just find it interesting.

Glad you made room on your camera for those animals and rollercoaster shots!!!

Have a great weekend! Roast a marshmelow for me, will you?

Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Uh oh, loosing momentum - 05/26/06 11:18 AM
Thanks.

Went to bed by 10 last night. Woke up once or twice. Woke up at about 5:30, couldn't go back to sleep till about 6 and the alarm went off at 6:30.
I have a headache and the rest is in my throat. Not too sore, just icky when I swollow. And the sides and back of my neck hurt.
Before I went to bed I took a tylenol, a tylenol pm and a vitamin c. I got up and took another tylenol and vitamin c. I have a few with me too. And I have 1 penecillin (sp?)

Yeah, it is interesting all the stuff BF has done. He has his moments, but right now that's all they are - moments. Right now I'm just going with the flow.
So very tired. Can't wait for 3 to roll around and I can sleep in the car for a good 4 hours.

Of course I will eat a roasted marshmellow for you
Posted By: Toomanywords Oh my goodness - 05/30/06 04:44 PM
Left work at 3 on Friday, we were on the road at about 3:45. Made it to the campgrounds in good time. Set up the tent (not as big as I thought it would be). Ackward to say the least.
Saturday fun times at King's Island. Hot hot hot. We decided we would go to the water park on Sunday - but we hadn't planned for it, so we had to find a store open 24 hours so I could buy a swim suit and so could BF. I HATE shopping for swim suits. Especially after I seen that hidieous picture of me at the front gate of King's Island. I NEED to loose weight! Anyways - so we got back to the campground late late late, around 1am or so. (the campgrounds were about an hour from King's Island) Sunday was fun. Got up early and got the park and had fun in the park and in the water park. They have awesome water rides. Although waiting in line for many of the water rides, they have these black mats on the stairs that hurt your feet sooo bad. If anyone reading this ever goes to King's Island and plans for the water park - get those water shoes. Sunday we got back to the campgrounds much earlier than the previous night, but it was all good. We went to the shower house on Sunday night. We planned to Saturday - but we were just too tired and it was too late. Let me tell you, the shower head was nicer than what is at my SD's. It was awesome. Got a back massage from the shower head. Felt good. Another campfire. Went to bed. Got up Monday and had to pack up everything and then we went to the zoo.
I cannot describe how tired we were and how much our feet hurt - but the zoo was worth it.
We left the zoo a little before 6pm. On the road. Well....
About 50+ miles south of Columbus the car started to shake and the front passenger tire broke off. The studs broke. Luckily BF's brother kept control of the car and safely got us off to the side.
Bad thing was my cell phone was almost dead - I didn't bring my charger. Bf's brother's phone was dead, he didn't bring his charger. BF's phone was fine, he brought his charger.
Called my mom. Called 911 because to get AAA, we needed to know our exact location, which we didn't. 911 transfered me to highway patrol. They gave me our location. Called AAA. AAA could send a tow, but it would only take 1 - 2 people. And with a Gold membership only the first 100 miles is free. After that it's $2 something/mile +tax. We were about 190 miles from home. We started to walk to the next exit. A little ways up the road a car stopped. He only had room for 1 person. So BF went to figure out what was at the next exit and go from there. A little while later highway patrol finally shows up and takes me and BF's brother back to the car! Dispatch calls AAA - not sure where they called but the AAA they talked to could only get a tow truck to the next exit and it would only have room for 1 person and it wasn't a flatbed (we needed a flatbed because the car is front wheel drive - don't ask me questions about this, I don't know much about cars) Anyway, highway patrol genius takes us back to the car. We tell him my phone is about to die and BF's brother's phone is dead. He still leaves us. With the last bit of energy on my cell we called BF to tell him we were back at the car. BF's brother called AAA back. The phone died.
So I flagged someone down. A very nice gentleman and his girlfriend stopped. We explained we just needed to use a phone to call AAA. He let BF's brother us his phone, but it was almost dead. But he had a charger so he plugged it in while talking to AAA. AAA said it would be about 30 minutes. The girlfriend let me use her phone to call BF. BF let me know that my mom and his mom were on the way to get us.
About an hour and a half later the tow truck showed up. Flatbed - with 2 guys. They loaded up the car, we explained that I needed to get dropped off at the next exit. I crammed in the truck on BF's brother's lap. I was scrunched on the dashboard.
Finally got to where BF was. The exit was more than 15 miles from where the car was. BF and I waited, BF's brother went with the tow truck. BF and I ate. Waited a little over an hour. Our mom's showed up. Got home around 2:30 or so. Got my dog and went to SD's.
I called work to tell them I'd try to be in for 1/2 day.
SD's house is an oven. Many windows closed. No A/c. I was dying. But I found a fan and went to sleep.
Got up this morning. Started laundry. Took a shower. Dropped the dog off at BF's - since all of the dog's stuff is there and I didn't have the time or energy to go get it and bring it back to sd's.

At work now. So very sleepy.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Oh my goodness - 05/30/06 11:55 PM
What a weekend!!!

BF brought his charger...hm. interesting.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Oh my goodness - 05/31/06 11:54 AM
Yeah, he has a different cell phone service and charger than me and his brother have. Oddly me and his brother have the same type of phone - Motorola, so we have the same charger. I didn't think to bring mine and he forgot his. Stupid stupid stupid.
But now it's on the packing list should I ever go anywhere.

Went to BF's to get the rest of my stuff and the dog after work yesterday. Was falling asleep. Left there, went to SD's and ate. Put my laundry away. Just tried to relax and tried to cool off. It was about 90 degrees yesterday and it will be the same today. He has a ton of fans going. Not helping much.

Still a little tired, but getting back to normal. My feet are still a bit swollen.

SD cleaned out a large part of the garage. Throwing a lot of stuff away. Now I can access my stuff more easily.
Now if only he could finish the backroom so I can get my stuff organized in there we'd be in business.

Not much else going on.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Oh my goodness - 05/31/06 05:14 PM
I really truly don't try to attract drama. There are good things here too.

Current issues - mom's fiancee is at the hospital. Some problem with the catheter. The area is all swollen and a fever. He was supposed to go back to work today. He called off yesterday because he was so worried about my mom driving to get me and bf and driving home.

My grandma is in town for my cousin's graduation. Graduation party Saturday. I also got tickets for this TV preview/survey/opinion thing Saturday night.

Oh, and for anyone interested - Friday is free doughnut day at Krispy Kreme.

My b-day is in 2 weeks!

I have an interview 1st thing tomorrow morning. I don't know if I applied to this place in the past or if they found my resume online. They have an opening, but it doesn't have an exact title. It's for a non-profit assessment and treatment program. The position is about quality and statistics. The guy said it goes perfect with my psychology and sociology. They are funded from about 22 different organizations - and they want various information about the facility. They need tracking of quality and suggestions, etc. So, I'm going to talk to him at 8am tomorrow morning. He said it won't take long, so I figured I'll be a little late to work and make up the time. Only problem is traffic tie ups are going to make the drive a bit longer than anticipated.

XH is being some sort of animal's behind. Yesterday my HR person gave me and everyone else health insurance information. They company they did use is raising rates over 30%. So, our company is going to shop around for better rates. To do so, they need every employee to complete this little application. My hr person wants this paperwork today. Problem is they need info on Prior Health Insurance Information. Insurance company name, policy number, etc. I don't have this info as it was all through XH's work. I left messages at his work & I tried to call his home but there was no answer, not even the answering machine. Argh.

Oh, and my mother and big mouth made a situation bad.
BF's mom watched my dog all weekend. My dog is supposed to only eat his food because he has a genetic defect that his kidneys cannot filter out minerals from food - so minerals get through and go in his bladder that causes irritation that causes crystals that could form bladder stones.
Anyway - in the past when he excessively licks himself in that oh so special place, there is usually an infection aka crystals.
I noticed he was licking more than usual yesterday and today. So, this morning when I was talking to my mom I mentioned it and said he probably got slipped some people food.

Well.....my grandma showed up at my mom's work (note that BF's mom also works there for anyone just tuning in). BF's mom was making some comments to other women in the kitchen about how my mom doesn't get along well with her mom - so my mom was mad and turned to Bf's mom and said, "Well you got the dog sick!"
As soon as my mother related this story to me I told her how upset I was since I told her that I thought the dog might have an infection/irritation and if he did it would probably be from being fed people food.

I think the A/C is broken here at work. I'm dying of heat here. It's almost as bad as at SD's. Nah, take that back. Not as bad.
It rained for a whole 10 mintues - but the sun is coming back out. We need some rain. We need to get rid of this darn humidity
Posted By: kml Re: Oh my goodness - 05/31/06 05:30 PM
Can you call HR at XH's work and get the info from them?

Ellie
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Oh my goodness - 05/31/06 06:06 PM
They won't tell me anything since I'm the XW. Nothing at all.

I'm going to have to guess so I can get this paperwork into my HR person.

Hmmmmm...any ideas what to get an 18 year old guy? I have no idea what he likes. He isn't going to college, so I don't really want to give him money. I don't remember what, if anything, his aunt sent me for my high school graduation. I think I'll send an email to my aunt asking what he likes.
Posted By: kml Re: Oh my goodness - 05/31/06 06:17 PM
I don't know why they wouldn't tell you about your old coverage, since you WERE on it.

As for the 18 year old - money's still good. Maybe he's buying a car or taking a trip.

Ellie
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Oh my goodness - 05/31/06 06:19 PM
I'm going to take a good guess at the company.

My cousin - I don't want to give him money because he isn't going anywhere. He doesn't want to do anything. No goals, no ambition, nothing. He finished high school simply because his mom wanted him too. He has always gotten good grades, he just hates school. He's happy working at the the local movie theater.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Oh my goodness - 05/31/06 07:19 PM
I get to go to the store tonight.
I have 4 birthday cards to get. While I'm there I'll get my cousin's graduation card and maybe gift. BF's cousin is also graduating, so I'll get another graduation card and maybe a small gift. Since I'll be shopping for cards - I'll pick up 3 father's day cards (my dad, xSD and mom's fiancee). I'll also be really more than nice and get a card to XH from the dog. Something I've always done.

Geesh.
Posted By: Toomanywords Oh wow - 06/01/06 01:27 PM
I'm almost hesitant to write this.

Alright, I'll start with last night. I stopped at the store, dropped off film from the weekend and bought some healthy food. Also bought birthday cards, graduation cards and father's day cards.
Dying of heat at SD's, so I took the dog for a walk over to BF's. I was upset with BF since he hadn't called - he didn't do anything all day, just too lazy to call me. There is also something that happened this past weekend that I'm upset with him about and he is avoiding. Well, his mom bought dinner. We went to pick it up. I told BF that I was upset with him and I'm upset that he avoids the issue/conversation. So when I left I told him to call me when he has something to say.

He called me at 11:45pm and left me a message to call him. He knows I'm usually asleep before then. I left him a message this morning to call me.

Alright, now for my super exciting hopefuly not too soon to say news.
I had an interview this morning. Only 1 person here at my current job knew about it. She's also looking.
Anyway - got lost several times along the way because of construction. Got there. 1st guy liked me so much, he had me go for my 2nd interview with the lady who makes the decision and would be my boss right then and there. She asked me a bunch of standard questions. Told me about the position (data entry - checks and balances - quality - assessment) Told me how much she loves her job and how she's been there for 7 years, etc, etc, etc.
She told me right there that she thinks I would be right for the job - but she HAS to do a few more interviews. She asked about time frame I could start and salary. It's a much high position than was explained over the phone. I was a bit dumbfounded on what to say for salary. I didn't want to scare her away from, I didn't want to cheat myself.
I'm so excited, so scared.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Oh wow - 06/01/06 06:33 PM
Turns out BF was just calling me last night to say "It's ok" - there was bad storm last night, lots of thunder and lightening and he knew I was a little scared.

I need a vacation.
This month is already sounding busy, or at least the next 2 weeks.

This weekend is my cousin's graduation party. I also have tickets to this TV survey thing. I get to preview some tv shows and give my opinion. I have 4 tickets to that.

Tuesday I have free tickets to a comedy club for my birthday.

Saturday my dad is taking me out to dinner to Joe's Crab Shack.

Sunday the 11th is Pay Per View Wrestling. (Bf and his brother like to go to 1 particular bar and watch, the bar has panini sandwiches!)

Wednesday the 14th is my b-day.

Saturday the 17th I'm going to Michigan for BF's cousin's graduation party.

The 18th is Father's day (Don't even ask how I plan to juggle THAT! Maybe breakfast with 1, lunch with another and dinner with the 3rd?)

I also have coupons for a free appetizer or dessert at a Brewery downtown. The day I use that I'll plan to go to another comedy club I have a gift certificate for. I have a coupon to Quiznos for my birthday for a free drink and bag of chips with a sandwich. I have a free appetizer coupon for my b-day to Joe's Crab Shack - I'll use that with my dad.

Who knows what else I'll get. I like signing up for free stuff and getting rewarded on my birthday.
I already know I'll be getting a free appetizer or something from red lobster. I get a free cookie or something from Borders (Borders rewards).

Whew!

No idea what I'm doing for my birthday. I miss having someone plan my birthdays (at least the party part) - since my birthday is the same day as someone in XH's family, the family would just plan 1 big thing. Oh well. I know better than to expect that BF would actually plan something.
Posted By: Toomanywords Just venting - 06/02/06 01:12 PM
So I barely heard from BF yesterday. I called him during the day when I got the call about tickets for the comedy club - I discussed upcoming events. After I got home from work I took the dog for a walk over to his house to drop off pictures I got developed from the weekend. Him and his brother were sleeping! I asked why they were so tired (not like they do much) He said they got 1/2 a car for scrap and he pulled a muscle in his back. After a short while sitting there and him falling asleep I left.

Later I sent him a text message asking where bottle of wine I bought for last weekend was and asking him what was up with him. He called me. He said the bottle was in his basement. He was quiet, as usual. I don't remember who asked, but we got on the subject of tonight's activities. He said something about the bar and I almost blew up.
I was upset and I was probably a bit sarcastic - I said something about him wanting to be with his brother more than me. (Specificaly because I have mentioned this place I heard about - Every friday night, 5 bucks, tons of appetizers and nice pours.) He forgot (big surprise?!)
He said next Friday. This made me more upset because prior in the day I had told him I wanted to go see the movie Cars that is coming out next Friday. He asked why we couldn't see it Saturday. I explained again that next Saturday is dinner with my dad and Sunday night is their Pay Per View. I was upset and he was annoyed or aggrivated ro something. So I told him I'd let him get back to his scrapping and we hung up.
There was more to it, I just don't remember all the details because I was angry and a bit tired.
After we hung up I was being a smart a$$ and I sent him a text message "FYI Here's my schedule. 3rd grad party & tv thing. 6th 4th st theater. 10th dinner w/dad 18th father's day.

I didn't even include going to see the movies I want to see or their Pay Per View or his cousins graduation. Or my birthday or our anniversary.

I'm upset with him for a variety of reasons. I'm tired - still think my body is trying to recover from last weekend. And I'm hormonal.

Just needed to vent a little.

Oh and my mom seems upset because she wasn't invited my cousin's graduation party (but I was). Also my grandma mentioned something about maybe trying to get everyone together this Sunday at an amusement park. So last minute. I like planning things ahead. This sunday is supposed to rain here. And I hate seeing the family use my grandma. My aunt ALWAYS has my grandma buy her groceries when my grandma comes to town. Takes grandma shopping and sort of guilts my grandma into paying/buying things.
And my grandma has become so used to this, she gets upset when I don't let her pay for things and she takes me to a store and I don't find anything.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Just venting - 06/02/06 01:27 PM
TMW,
Invite someone else to go with you to these things your BF seems to forget or is too busy. BTW, just curious, who paid for the amusement park stuff?

Again, you've got to stop expecting anything from BF. He just doesn't have it in him. You're constantly being disappointed by him. You need to date someone else and let BF's brother have him.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Just venting - 06/02/06 01:50 PM
I have started inviting other friends to meet me at the bar.
For the amusement park stuff - they bought all the food. I bought some chips, some crackers and my bottle of Arbor Mist (which I didn't even drink) I had bought 2 tickets for BF for his birthday. So he used 1 and I used the other for the first day. For the 2nd day we all paid out own ways.
BF did pay for my meals in the park.
I bought the tickets to the Zoo sort of as my part of the gas expenses.

I try not to expect anything from BF - it just happens. I have to try harder to not expect anything from him. He's lazy and unmotivated. His immediate family encourages his behavior in several ways.

I'm just sort of coasting right now. Not putting a whole lot of energy into the relationship. Not really working on it. I care about BF so much, but more often than not I want to ring his neck
Posted By: Toomanywords Common sense DB stuff makes me a magnet - 06/02/06 06:03 PM
LOL - So I was VERY good and I didn't call or text BF today. He called a little while ago asking if I was going with him and his brother to the bar tonight. He said he wanted me to go. I said I guess I would go. I asked if he was going with me to my cousin's graduation party and to the tv survey - he asked if I wanted him to go. I said sure.

Shocking he actually called me in the middle of the day and said he wanted me to go with him. Hm.

My food comma is setting in. My salad and fruit from lunch are making me sleepy (I have to blame it on something). I'll get a boost of energy soon. But not soon enough.

I have these 2 extra tickets to this tv survey tomorrow night. I still have 2 tickets to the comedy club Tuesday night (me and BF are going, as is BF's brother, my dad and my friend and his girlfriend.) I need to find 2 new friends. LOL. I sent an email and text message to a bunch of people, so whoever replies first is the taker.
Well, my dad is coming with us tomorrow night. I still have 2 tickets for Tuesday night.

Tonight - my mom, her finacee and my grandma might meet me at the bar tonight. They are going to get Chinese. I was sort of invited - not outright. But I have to go let the dog out and I need a shower.
LOL - I reminded BF that 2 weeks ago he promised he'd sing a song Kareoke for me - but we went to Cincinnati last week, so he owes me this week.
Hope you enjoy your weekend before your birthday!!!
Busy weekend.
Bar as usual on Friday. Neither of my friends showed up as they said they would. 1 went to a little league baseball game that his brother was calling. The other got poisen ivy. Oh well. Had a really good time. Sang 4 songs. Black Velvet has become MY song. I'm requested to sing it. Had fun. Bf and his brother were singing a few songs too. Now they are planning what songs they are singing next week. LOL. I slept at Bf's Friday and Saturday nights. Funny, his parents got mad the last time he had a girl sleep over - but they love me and didn't even care.

Saturday I went to my cousin's graduation. He didn't even want the party. My aunt was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. My grandma just sat in the kitchen upset because none of my uncle's family talks to her.
BF and I stayed a few hours there.
Then we went to a TV preview/survey thing. It sort of sucked. The last time I did one of these it was alright. This time both shows sucked. It seemed like it was more about the commercials than the shows.

Sunday was a nothing sort of day.

Going to the comedy club tomorrow night. Saturday I'm having dinner with my dad.
BF is going to Pennsylvania for the weekend with his friend to do some work up there.

This weekend I talked to BF a bit about his laziness and apart lack of motivation and job. He said he has been seriously looking at and thinking about truck driving, but he knows I wouldn't like that. I told him I'd be happy if he got a job and starting being responsible and paying his debts.

8 days till my birthday. A little excited, but I currently just don't feel in a very celebrating mood.
I've been really good about taking the dog for walks. I go see BF - but it's a walk none the less. The dog loves it.

SD called my mom this morning. He's worried about me, that I haven't been eating. Just because I didn't eat at his house as much this weekend. Geesh. I'm trying to loose weight anyway, I don't need to eat so much.

Comedy club tonight. I'm excited. Going to see Pat Kilbane. He's been on MadTv and he's been on a few shows and in a few movies. He played in Seinfeld - Bizarro Kramer. I'm looking forward to it. Plus I get to hang out with a bunch of people. And the comedy club has this huge cheese/crackers/fruit basket I look forward to munching on.
Wierd moment today - my dad emailed me asking if I had any single female friends what would be going with us tonight. EEEEWWWWWWWW At least he didn't ask me to invite my mom or anything.

My mom is upset with her mom, my grandma. My mom was upset she didn't get invited to my cousin's graduation party. (Big surprise, you don't talk to your own sister and have nothing to do with her or her kids except when your mother is in town) My mom is also upset that my grandma took my aunt and her family to an amusement park on Sunday. This one upsets me a little, just cause I'd like to spend time with my grandma and she knows how much I love amusement parks. But my mom makes it sound like she was left out.

What do you expect when you don't even tell your mother where you live, you don't invite her to your home. You lie to her. ARGH

This morning I got to hear more about my mother's finance's son. Joy Joy
Posted By: Toomanywords Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/07/06 12:05 PM
Who cares if it is a week away.
I almost cannot write I am so excited right now.

Does everyone know the cable network station the Oxygen network? Oh!

Well, they have sweepstakes on their website. I enter all sorts of contests and sweepstakes and freebies. I win misc. stuff from the radio and I get free stuff.

Well, got an email this morning - I won the "Choose your Own Sweet Adventure Sweepstakes"

I won Round Trip Coach Airfare for two to anywhere in the continental U.S.

2 nights accomodations at a hotel in the area

$500 spending money

Airport tranfers

There is an affidavit I have to sign and fax back to them and a travel agent will contact me.

I'm just in shock.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/07/06 12:36 PM
Congratulations!!!!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/07/06 12:48 PM
Thanks. I sent text messages and emails to almost everyone I know.

My mom called me a lucky little b*tch. Then teased me (hopefully teasing me) when I asked her to let me know what we are doing about next week - she acted like she had no clue what next week is (my b-day).

I'm (not) patiently waiting for BF to wake up and call me so I can tell him my exciting news.

Posted By: qoe100 Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/07/06 01:28 PM
Who are you going to take with you????
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/07/06 01:29 PM
Not 100%. Probably BF. I couldn't take a weekend alone with my mother. My 1 friend is already going to Vegas at the end of this month.
Posted By: whitelight Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/08/06 04:08 AM
TMW!!!!! SWWWEEETTTT!!

Thanks for posting the good news on my thread!!!

I am so in shock and sooo happy for you. You are so deserving!!!

Can you go somewhere and swim with dolphins?

Happy Birthday to you for sure, girlfriend!!!

YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

THat is sooo awesome!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/08/06 12:03 PM
I did think about going to Florida, but I only have a 2 night stay so I wanted to make the most of it - so I'm going to Vegas baby!

Thanks white.

I am so excited.

Right before I left work last night I got an email from the travel department with a request form. I filled it out and faxed it back before I left work. I had to give my info, the person I'd be traveling with, emergency contact, destination and 2 choices of dates.
I put down Vegas and either the weekend of July 14-16 or August 11-13.

This morning the travel woman emailed me saying That was Fast!

I figure if we can travel on the first dates I choose - that gives me 1 month to plan and loose some weight fast.

I'm still in complete shock and awe.

Alright, I really have to try and get some work done today. It's just so hard.
Posted By: BethM Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/08/06 07:37 PM
Congrats TMW,

That sure is exciting news! Have you decided where you would like to go? I just wanted you to know that I can be available on a moments notice!

Oh and Happy Birthday!

Love,
Bethie

Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/08/06 08:00 PM
Thanks Beth.

I'm going to Vegas. The dates are yet to be determined. The travel lady didn't call today I'm so darn excited. I need to loose weight so I can look good and feel even better in Vegas! I just want to see all the casinos.

My dad made my day today. He was talking about this weekend - he's taking me out to eat for my birthday. He's making it a big party inviting a lot of his family. Then he asked, if my sisters were shopping for me tonight what they might get me.

I'm all giddy. I'm still very much getting used to having sisters and having my dad in my life.

Wow

Fathers day is going to be a bit hectic though. I've got my dad, SD and I guess I should do something with/for my future SD.

I don't care right now I'm so excited about vegas baby
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/09/06 02:35 PM
I'm so excited about everything.

Tonight BF and I are going to a wine tasting. It's very informal. It's only $5. 5 or so wines, an ounce or so and appetizers. Then it's to the bar for Karaeoke. Whoo hoo.

Tomorrow I might go see the movie Cars. For dinner my dad is taking me to Joe's Crab Shack. Well, it's not just my dad - there are now 10 people going, including BF.

Sunday I might be going on a lunch cruise. And if I don't go see the movie cars tomorrow, I might do that Sunday. Sunday night is wrestling Pay Per View - hanging out at a different bar.

Wednesday is my birthday - no idea how I'm going to offically celebrate yet. Juggling all these people in my life that need to be kept seperate from each other is driving me nuts. Bf wants to celebrate, his family wants to celebrate, SD wants to celebrate, my mom and her fiancee want to celebrate.
Thank goodness my dad is going out of town and need to celebrate tomorrow.

Next Saturday is BF's cousin's graduation party in Michigan.

In the mean time, I'm waiting patiently for the travel woman to call with the details of my trip to Vegas baby. I'll be using my lunch to make a list of the things I want to see and do (other than just see the casinos). So far I know that the Mirage has the white tigets and a dolphin habitat and Mandalay Bay has a Shark Reef.
Those are at the top of the list.

I know BF wants to eat at Margaritaville. Have to check for any other Must eat places.

My adrenaline is running so high!

Oh - and I worked out last night. Not a huge work out, since I have limited room in my room. But I did leg lifts and crunches and push ups. I got my thighmaster type of thing out. And I have this band thing with grips for hands and feet. So I tried some arm pull-ups with that thing.
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: Happy birthday to me (in 1 week) - 06/09/06 03:59 PM
You'll have a great time! (And, if you don't have a great time who cares? It's Vegas!)
Very true. I'm making a list of things/places I want to see. Here it is so far:

Alladin
Bellagio fountain show – free
Caesar’s water show – free
Circus Circus carnival midway – free
Excalibur court jester show free
Excalibur dragon battle - free
Flamingo wildlife habitat –free
Fremont Street Experience –free
Golden Nugget – world’s largest gold nugget
Neon museum – look for giant neon horseman near Fremont experience
Hard Rock (for pin) (discount with AAA card)
Imperial car collection – free with coupon given outside of casino
Imperial – free picture noon - 8
Luxor
Mandalay Bay Shark Reef 10-11 pm $15.95
MGM Grand Lion and Tiget habitrail – free
MGM Grand – world’s largest coke bottle
Mirage Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat 10-7 pm $15
Mirage Volcano – free
Mirage white tiger Habitat – free
Mirage Rainforest – free
New York New York – Coyote Ugly
Paris – Eiffel tower
Rio Mardis Gras 2-midnight
Rio – Voodoo Lounge (bartenders juggle flaming drinks)
Silverton aquarium & mermaids
Treasure Island Pirate show every 2 hours in the evening – free
Tropicana tiger habitat – free
Tropicana bird show - free
Venetian Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (discount with AAA card)
Venetian – Gondola ride
Ethel M Chocolates free factory tour (not sure, only if can get a free shuttle ride to and from)

For eating - so far I would like to go to a Jousting Dinner and Excalibur; Margaritaville at the Flamingo; I'd like dessert from Emril Lagasse's resturant at the MGM Grand and a crepe from La Creperie at the Paris.

Any input, suggestions, tips, etc are GREATLY appreciated.
Alright, my flight is confirmed - leaving Cleveland at 9:05, getting to Vegas at 10:27 (actually a 6 hour plan ride) on Friday July 14th.
Leaving vegas on the 16th at 4:30 and arriving in Cleveland at 11:30pm.

She mentioned in the email the MGM Grand - which is great, awesome, I just asked if it HAD to be the MGM grand? No biggie.
I'm so excited. BF is so excited. WOW
TMW: It almost sounds too good to be true. Do you have to go to a timeshare? Read all the fine print. I hope that's not it. I shun these on a regular basis.

That said, I have just returned from Vegas. I go every year with my friends and most often with my daughter.

At Emeril's there is only one dessert that is an absolute don't miss - Banana Cream Pie. Trust me - I don't eat it anywhere else but this is to die for! I just grabbed one before flying home.

The shops at the Venetian, Caesars and Aladdin are great! You've hit on most of the best. My favourite buffet is in Paris. I also love Mon Amie Gabi - a Parisian cafe. Get an outdoor table and you'll enjoy the Bellagio fountains from there.

Hard Rock Hotel is awesome - I saw Rod Stewart there and at the CVS drug store across the street 3 weeks ago.

All Wolfgang Pucks and Spago restaurants are wonderful too.

Enjoy!

Barb
Thanks Barb!

I'm still in disbelief - but I have the excitement of planning for the next 4 weeks and 4 days. And in the mean time I have my b-day and a graduation party and father's day and we're going to go see Rocky Horror Picture show on July 1st and there's 4th of July.

So, there are some distractions Takes my mind away from thinking about the 1 year ago stuff that is coming up.

Had a great time Friday - we went to a wine tasting at a wine store. $5 and we got to taste 6 wines and there were some snacks. I only had 1 piece of pizza before we left, so 6 ounces or so of wine had be all loopy. And only the 1st wine we tasted was good. But I was so loopy, on the car ride from the wine tasting to the bar, BF made me angry - so I bit him! He has this big mark on his arm. I laughed so hard. Still am.
Had a fun night of Karaeoke too. I sang 4 or 5 songs. It was fun.

Saturday night was dinner with my dad. It was my dad, his girlfriend, my little sister, BF, my grandma and his wife, my uncle, his girlfriend and her daughter. It was huge. Food was good - I didn't eat Crab legs though. No one else ordered them and I've never cracked legs before and I didn't want to feel like an idiot. Well, after dinner that happened anyway - because Joe's Crab Shack was told it was my birthday. So they all came to sing, but at Joe's it isn't just singing. I had to put this hat on that was a squid and I had to ride a little fake pony on a stick around the table. I also had to stand up and dance the Hokey Pokey in front of the entire resturant. The food was good. My dad gave me this beautiful dolphin necklace. My sisters gave me charms for my italian charm bracelet. My dad's girlfriend gave me beautiful dolphin earrings and my grandpa gave me 10 lotto tickets and I won $5!

I'm probably going to my mom's Thursday night to celebrate and eat Speghetti. Not sure what if anything I'm doing with SD and BF says he doesn't have anything planned or anything yet.

I spent the weekend at BF's again. Last night he surprised me and offered to take the dog for the night and for today. It's nice to have a break every once in a while. Didn't have to worry about rolling over him in bed and I got to sleep in a few minutes since I didn't have to worry about taking him out and setting up his kitchen cage.

I know SD was upset with the dog Friday - cause while I was taking a shower getting ready, the dog pooed in SD's bedroom. I appologized, but SD is still upset.

Oh well. 4 weeks 4 days till Vegas baby!
Vegas... just remember that What happens in Vegas does not always stay there... LOL I can definitley vouch for that!!

Anyway, we all went a few weeks back and WCBeth took us to the Mandalay Bay Hotel to the Red Square Martini Bar... I highly recommend, it's always featured on the Travel Channel and it's a great people watching place. We saw some famous guy there... the one with the red poofy hair... can't remember his name right now.

Oh and you have to have a burger at InNOut!! That is an absolute must!!

Have fun!!

Adding to the To Do List: Red Square Martini Bar at Mandalay Bay and burger at InNOut

Was the guy you seen Carrot Top?

Thanks
Yup!! That was him, Carrot Top!! You have to try the White Chocolate Martini!! It was to-die-for!!!

Oh! I love White Chocolate!

I have to stop eating for the next 4 weeks and 4 days - especially with all the food I'm going to be eating in 1 weekend and then I won't eat again for the rest of the summer. LOL

Oh - I forgot before, this is not one of those timeshare deals or anything. It's mine, done, clear. I will get the travel info about 2 weeks before my trip, so that means I'll get it in about 2 weeks. In an email today they let me know that I'll get my $500 spending money in 5 $100 american express gift cheques.

I am so excited!!
take a side trip and see Red Rock outside of town. Do the the AM since the heat is quite much now plus the low angle of the sinlite enhances the effects. 5$ gets you into the park area and it's worth it however you can drive by for free.

I will probably have to keep that on a side note for next time. We are only going for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and we aren't getting a car. So, it's pretty much just the strip for us, this time.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: input, suggestions, tips for Vegas needed - 06/12/06 08:31 PM
Oh yeah, the Martini Bar is great. I suggest getting there at noon and sampling one of each!!!! You may want to consider getting a "designated walker" to help you back to your hotel tho!!!!
Quote:

You may want to consider getting a "designated walker" to help you back to your hotel tho!!!!

LOL... absolutely I highly recommend the designated walker... but you can't have mine, cause we all know now... what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay there!!

LOL - you guys crack me up!

So, I have a question, what does poisen ivy look like? Thing is, SD had it around his wrists and he scratched like crazy and now I've noticed a few red bumps on me and I'm a little worried.

I was so good yesterday, I went through and organized and filed all my bills.
XH called me yesterday saying how busy he's been with work and everything. Said he mailed the papers for the bank to get his name off of the joint account we had. I asked how he wanted me to get the remaining trading cards I have of his to him. He said I could mail them if I want or if I'm going to be out his way (aka by my mom) to call and let him know and I can drop them off. While going through my filing cabinet last night I found some reciepts for big items and some owners manuals for stuff he now has - so they and the cards are sitting in a box.

My mom wants to wait until Sunday - Father's day - for me to come out to her house and celebrate my birthday and father's day. BF really surprised me last night and said I should tell her no, it's my birthday and she didn't come to my party last year - she should make the trip to this side of town and come to dinner with me. I was surprised at his words.

So, I have this laptop that I don't really use anymore since I have a desktop computer. I figured I could sell it, and BF's friend wanted it and said he'd pay $200 for it. (The laptop was purchased for my high school graduation in 1999 for college) Well, that was many months ago. He kept telling BF that he'd buy it when he had money and kept saying how interested he was in it. Finally yesterday I told BF to tell him to buy it or I'm going to look for another buyer. His friend said he no longer wanted it. Wow, so surprised. So, I might put it on craigslist. Ebay doesn't seem to be going too great for laptops like mine (or wedding dresses, since I tried to sell that 3 or 4 times)
Posted By: Toomanywords Something that sucks about birthdays - 06/13/06 04:11 PM
I just spent my entire lunch spending $74.50 on a picture of myself and a sticker for my car (new license and plate renewal) $74.50! This costs more than the money I'll get for my birthday. This is crazy.
Posted By: KarenMarieS Re: Something that sucks about birthdays - 06/13/06 04:38 PM
Toomany
Have a great time in Vegas! you will love it, I only live about a 4 hr drive away but dont get there much, sadly, gotta change that with all this talk! lol
My son just went w/ friends for his 21st and he is hooked! lol
Have a great time! and slowly walk away from the slots! lol
Hi Karen!
I almost moved to The Lakes, right outside of Vegas. I'd imagine that living close takes the hype out of it. I know that's how it is living close to amusement parks - I live in a state with 3 amusement parks. 2 are world class - Cedar Point and King's Island. Geuga lake is getting there.

Anyways. I'm not much for slots. Guess my mom wouldn't let go of that gene. I've been to casino Niagra - which I know is different, but I just couldn't get into it. I guess that's a good thing.

Oh, and I think you'd all be proud of me. Instead of waiting around for someone to plan something for my birthday (which I thought MIGHT happen since it's a big one, 25). I'm planning my own party. Granted it's at the bar Bf, I and his brother always go to on Fridays - I'm inviting all my friends. It's my b-day celebration for me.
So, I had 40 emails this morning from various companies that I'm registered with wishing me happy b-day.

I'm not sure if SD forgot or is avoiding it - he hasn't talked about my b-day at all, even this morning. Kind of a bummer. For 24 years it's been celebrating since the moment I got up. With my mom, then XH.

Yesterday I got my b-day card from my great grandma, my great aunt and a surprise from XH's mom. I sent her a b-day card (her bday is this Saturday). She wrote inside the card that she was happy for the card. She misses me, said to tell the dog hi. Said XH's sister is coming to town at the end of June and wants us all (XH's mom, sister and me) to go to lunch. Not so sure about that one.

As of last night, no plans to do anything today. BF mentioned maybe going to eat. Something inside of me is excited that it's my birthday, but another part isn't in a celebrating mood. Not sure what's up. I woke up VERY early and had trouble going back to sleep, just like when I was little.

Just got a call from Xh's aunt. (Well, it's his uncle's wife's sister - you follow?) LOL It's her birthday today too. I sent her a card since she is my birthday buddy. She says I HAVE to call her so we can hang out. I guess everyone is sort of worried about how I'm doing. Xh's mom wrote that she hopes I'm ok. His aunt just asked (in that concerned voice we all know and love) if I'm alright. Wonder if XH is telling them something or if they've heard something.
There are always rumors flying around about me. Since high school - I've gotten pretty used to it. Usually the rumors are about me being pregnant or engaged. Oh well.

So I'm 25. I have to get some work done. Celebration continues Friday at the bar and Sunday with my mom.
Posted By: Livnlearn Re: Something that sucks about birthdays - 06/14/06 12:09 PM
Happy Birthday TMW!

Livnlearn
Posted By: Aprilsm4 Re: Something that sucks about birthdays - 06/14/06 12:12 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Posted By: Toomanywords birthday - 06/14/06 12:25 PM
Thank you Livnlearn & Aprilsm4
Posted By: psluke Re: birthday - 06/14/06 12:40 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!

And Many More!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Toomanywords Re: birthday - 06/14/06 12:47 PM
Thanks Pam!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: birthday - 06/14/06 02:03 PM
So it seems no one cares or remembers my b-day (except a few, like you wonderful people). My mom was AIM and sent an instant message just saying happy birthday.
Other friends online didn't say anything. No calls or texts - even from BF.

This may sound off to some people reading - but this just isn't anything like what I'm used to on my B-day. Usually my mom calls and wakes me up at the time I was born (7:58am). Usually my grandma calls and there is a big hoopla.
Just feeling a bit bummed and wanted to vent somewhere.
Posted By: Toomanywords happy unbirthday to me - 06/15/06 11:16 AM
Not sure why I'm writing other than to vent some more.
I'm about 95% sure that I don't want to celebrate my birthday anymore. I got calls yesterday from Xh's family member, BF, my Grandma (well my step Grandma), my mom's fiancee, and a friend. My mom instant messaged me and sent me an ecard. BF's mom sent me an ecard. I got cards in the mail from my grandma and grandpa, my great aunt, my great grandma and XH's mom. Oh, and SD sent me a text as did another of my friends.

Left work. BF called on my way home, said they were having sloppy joe's. Went over. Ate. Watched the Simpsons.
He gave me a card and a CD visor holder. Corona.
Then he showed me some Family Guy shot glasses he bought for himself.
Then we went in the garage and he and his brother stripped aluminum from copper. I left just before 7:30. Oh - and his mom told me she forgot it was my birthday, so I have a gift coming.

I went home and cried. My mom wants to kill him.
SD came home, very surprised that I was home already. He thought BF and or BF's family was going to do something for me. I told him I thought so too. I was upset, he could see it. I was on the computer talking to my mom. She's mad at BF. SD called her on his cell phone to tell her about BF. Then SD stayed in his room all night. Fell asleep/passed out. I stayed in my room all night on the computer and watching tv. My mom kept telling me that Sunday is the big celebration and she's saving the best for last. BF called last night. I didn't answer - the first 4 times he called. The 5th I picked up. Said hello? He said he called to say he loved me. I said ok. I said I was in bed, said goodnight and hung up.
I just want to forget this birthday ever happened.
I wish Vegas wasn't booked already. I wish I wasn't so stupid to love such a moron.

I don't plan on answering my phone today. I currently am not planning to go to the bar tomorrow night. I currently am not planning on going to Michigan for BF's cousin's graduation party.

I'm hurt, I'm angry, I'm disgusted and I needed to vent.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: happy unbirthday to me - 06/15/06 06:16 PM
So, I changed my mind on celebrating. (big surprise)

Going to the bar. At least 2 of my friends and 1 of their girlfriends will be there. Plus the idiot and his sidekick companion brother.

This is turning into one of those urban legend stories - no one can believe he actually got me a cd visor, and to top it off he showed me the shot glasses he bought himself. Everyone I talk to is in shock and awe.

BF called earlier. 1st time I didn't answer. 2nd time I answered. He was asking about some guy on a tv show. If the guy had passed away. Roy on Boy Coddington's car show. (he did earlier this year from cancer) Didn't talk long, didn't have much to say.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: happy unbirthday to me - 06/15/06 07:39 PM
Screw dieting and trying to loose weight right now. Got me a coupon for a free pizza. Got me some dinner for today, lunch for tomorrow and maybe dinner tomorrow depending on if SD eats any.
Posted By: Toomanywords 4 WEEKS TILL VEGAS!! - 06/16/06 01:39 PM
So, I didn't get the pizza. Coupon turned out to be fake. Oh well. SD had taken the day off from working and he had cooked out and made some city chicken. Yum. So I ate that. I just relaxed yesterday. Organized my cd's - sort of. I'm missing quite a few. Hmmmm

BF called, first time I didn't answer. 2nd time I did. Short conversation. He asked what I was doing, I said organizing cd's. That was about it.

Tonight I have to work an hour late till 6, overtime. 5 hours this week, 5 hours next week. Will make for a good paycheck, but draining.
My mind is preoccupied thinking about what karaeoke songs I'll be sining tonight. I know I'll sing my usual Black Velvet, I'm actually a little nervous to sing since more of my friends will be there.

I have to use my lunch and run to Wal-mart. I need a lint roller for the black pants I want to wear tonight. I have to find an appropriate bra for the tank I want to wear tonight. I have to get Father's day gift for my dad and something for my mom's fiancee and a card for my grandpa.

4 weeks till vegas from today!! To be exact, it's 27 days and about 23 hours!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: 4 WEEKS TILL VEGAS!! - 06/16/06 02:59 PM
So, I just got a call from XH. A bit wierd. He called to wish me a happy belated birthday. He said he didn't call on my birthday cause he wasn't sure what I'd be doing. I told him I worked all day and that was it. I told him how I thought SD forgot. Told him about celebrating with my dad and how I plan to go to my mom's Sunday.
He asked about tonight - I told him just going to the bar with friends to celebrate. Talked about the dog a little. Talked about SD a little. I asked if he had anything planned for his mom's birthday - he said he was waiting to hear from her if she wanted to do anything. I mentioned about his sister coming to town, he didn't seem to have any idea.
He said something again about tonight, I asked what he was doing - he said nothing planned, he has to work tomorrow. He said he was cleaning. I mentioned how I was also organizing things at SD's.
I asked if anything was new with him - just working like usual. I mentioned how my work was getting crazy - overtime and everything.

Just got a wierd vibe, like usual from him - even over the phone. Not sure what's up, or if it's just cause it's him or if there is more to it. Oh well

Posted By: Toomanywords Fashion question - 06/16/06 04:54 PM
I have this beautiful teal tank with spaghetti thin, kakhi colored straps. I don't have a bra that matches the color exact. It does not have a built in bra. It does have a layer or two extra at the chest area. The strapless bra I have is not low cut enough (and is a bit uncomfortable). What should I do?

Bra strap white?
Bra strap nude?
No bra (I'm not huge, but not small either)?
Really uncomfortable strapless that will peak?
Don't wear this tank?

Any other options?
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Fashion question - 06/16/06 05:33 PM
Yes, there are bras with "clear" straps. I have a couple of them and love them!!!!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Fashion question - 06/16/06 05:44 PM
Hmmmm....another trip to wal-mart, if they have them.
Posted By: StrongNSassy Re: Fashion question - 06/16/06 05:47 PM
I would suggest what WCBeth showed this to me. The nude bra I beleive it is the Ipex by Victoria Secret with the clear straps. Goes with everything luv!! Best purchase I have made this summer so far (well sans the ticket for Vegas).

Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Fashion question - 06/16/06 05:56 PM
Wow those are expensive bras. Probably not going to do for tonight, but maybe for Vegas?

I might just be tacky but comfortable tonight and wear the tank I want and show strap. I'm not sure that the nude bra I have even fits, haven't worn it in a while. Darn.
Posted By: 2ndChances5 Re: Fashion question - 06/16/06 06:08 PM
I think you need a khaki bra with teal Swavorksi crystals to match the teal of the tank. That will be hard to get for tonight, but it's something to keep in mind. I am beginning to think a wardrobe is not complete without several bras that have crystals on the straps. I have them in peachy-nude, chambray blue and black so far. It makes it better than okay for your straps to show.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Fashion question - 06/16/06 06:33 PM
That does sound fancy, but I don't have enough time or money for that tonight.
I'll see what it looks like with the nude bra (if it fits), otherwise I might go with a different top and save this for a night in vegas (not during the day because of the heat )
Posted By: Toomanywords Advice - 06/16/06 08:03 PM
So, any wise words of what to say to BF tonight?
I have to be civil since I have to travel to Vegas with him 4 weeks from today.
Posted By: qoe100 Re: Advice - 06/16/06 08:52 PM
TMW,
It won't make any difference what you say, he will continue to say what you want to hear and do nothing!!!!

SC,
Where do you get the bras with the crystals????
Posted By: 2ndChances5 Re: Advice - 06/17/06 12:09 AM
As for what to say to your BF... I'd tell him what was on your mind. You do not have to be civil if you don't want to... remember this is the guy who rarely remembers what you said anyway, and it seems like when he does get pouty, he recovers very quickly.

And, you don't have to travel to Vegas with him.... he's only going at your invitation.

So it's up to you.... be nice and pretend everything is fine? Thus reinforcing to him that what's he's doing is good? I hate to see people compromise. I'd hate to see you transform from Too Many Words to Too Many Compromises.
Posted By: 2ndChances5 Re: Advice - 06/17/06 12:13 AM
Quo, there's a lady in Ca that makes them-- she brings them to the bigger horseshows. Now that I'm doing so much crystal work, I'm going to just make my own. I just ordered several from VS on sale for just that purpose!
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Advice - 06/19/06 01:41 AM
So, I left work and I was happy to leave work - excited to meet up with friends and have a good time. I wasn't happy about seeing BF and his brother and dealing with them. I wasn't planning on spending the night or going to Michigan.
Well, we got the bar and BF gives me this HUGE bag. He said that he said on Wednesday I just had to wait. His brother got me a pocket dragon (small collectible dragon figures I collect). BF also got me one, and a big Corona gift set.
BF also got me a wonderful card about how he neglets to let me know how much I mean, etc.
He also paid for my drinks and snack for the night.

Oh - I did have a nude color bra that went perfectly with the tank.

My 1 friend was up at the bar early. Talking, have a good time catching up. Well, then I went to the bathroom and my arm was hurting. Turns out that the tank that I thought was so cute and wonderful - the sequence scratched up my arm so badly that I still have scratch marks. I called my other friend who wasn't at the bar yet and asked him to bring me a tshirt. Thank goodness!
I sang a bunch of songs. The entire bar was celebrating with me - sort of.

I was proud of myself, I let BF know that even though he made up for my birthday, that there was a lot that I was still upset about and I let him know that I was so upset about my birthday that I contact the travel lady to see if his name could be taken off the tickets. (Nontransferrable) He seemed pretty shocked.
I called and texted my mom and SD to let them know to call off the firing squad.
I slept at BF's since I decided to go to MI with them to their cousin's graduation party.

Ride up there wasn't great. Back seat. Also, on the way up there they tell me that we won't get home until about 2 or 3 in the morning. I was upset because I had been talking about my father's day plans all week - which had included going to an early breakfast with SD.
I left SD a note asking him to call me to let me know what he wanted to do for father's day - suggesting breakfast and flea market or store. I also sent a text in the early afternoon. No word back. Got to MI, ate, mingled.
I got along great with another of BF's cousins - she's a friend of mine too. So me, her, BF and his brother hung together most of the day.
BF's aunt and uncle live right on a lake, they have a speed boat, a pontoon (sp?) boat, and 2 jet skies. So we took the pontoon boat and a jet ski. It was awesome! Well, Eventually another cousin wanted to switch 1 jet ski for the one we were using. They took off and the 1 they left wouldn't start. Then the pontoon boat wouldn't start. About an hour later we were "rescued". (It's a pretty small lake)
The jet ski was having issues with the battery, the pontoon boat was just a pin out of something??
That got fixed. I told BF's mom that I am changing our flight to Las Vegas - because we've had trouble in a car and on a boat - air travel is the only thing left.

At night I got eaten by misquitos (I literally have at least 6 bites on my legs I can count just sitting here) We left around 11:30 or so.
SD never called or texted me. I tried 1 more time during the day, so I wasn't exactly concerned with getting home early to go to breakfast with him.

Got home around 3:30. Came home. Left SD's father's day gift on the table.
Woke up, SD tells me how his van's transmission is gone. He doesn't know what he's going to do, doesn't want to finance but doesn't want to spend all his savings. (not many other options there).
I offered him my car, but he declined. I was going to lay back down, but he started blasting the stereo (I think he had already started drinking)
I left around 1:30 to get BF and go to my Grandpa's to celebrate father's day with my dad for a little while. Then it was to my mom's for my b-day.

Had speghetti and cake. Then presents - I got some more dolphin stuff for my car and some funny tshirts and a birthday barbie (I asked her not to buy anymore, even though I did collect them - well, she bought them for me so I sort of was forced to collect them. But I told her, I don't have room for them and they often go right to storage) I also got a pocket dragon from her. Oh, and her fiancee gave me a season pass to a local amusement park (he got it from work, but still)
Time to leave and I had to get my bike - well....I got a brand new bike!! Turns out that her fiancee started to work on the 2 bikes I had, but there were too many problems with both to make a good bike, so her fiancee told her they should buy me a new one Happy ending to the Birthday week

On the rides today BF and I talked some more. I told him how sick I am of dating him and his brother and about communiciation issues.

So, that's the huge update of my weekend.
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Advice - 06/19/06 01:13 PM
I failed to mention SD yesterday - specifically his drinking. I commented that I thought he started drinking early - but it continued all day.
When I came home last night from my mom's he was in the back yard (with the dog in the stuffy house!).
I took my bike to the garage and I counted at least 21 empty beer cans laying all over the backyard. He had an empty bottle and can next to him on the table, there were a couple empty cans in the house. I thought he passed out when I went to bed. This morning, I found he must have gotten up and went out - the keys were in the door, on the outside. There was a kahula bottle on the table outside.

This is ridiculous. And he refuses to admit he has any sort of problem. There is more beer in the refridgerators (that's right, there's 2 in the house) - than anything, including food.

I just try to stay in my room and do my thing and stay out of his way and I keep the dog with me.

Anyway. Happier news - my birthday celebration(s) aren't over yet. I have all these coupons and tickets from companies that I have to use.
I have 8 tickets to the Improv comedy club, we're going tomorrow night.
BF won 8 tickets to Hilarities comedy club, we're going there Sunday night.

I also have ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery to get by the 28th. Free drink or dessert at a brewery - but that's good till December 31st. I have to get to Dave and Busters by 7/7 for 50 free game play chips and by 7/2 to get free $10 of game play with purchase of $20 game play. Oh, and I have to go to Buca de Beppo by 7/7 for a free dessert.
(And I'm trying to loose weight for Vegas)

Some I had to throw out, like free drink and chips at Blimpie, Free burger at Red Robin, free Entree at Damon's, $5 off $15 purchase at Bennigans and free entree and dessert. They expired between 6/7 and 6/21. Oh well
Posted By: BethM Re: Advice - 06/19/06 06:50 PM
TMW,

OK, I'll bite. How do you get all of this free stuff?

Sorry about SD. He must be a very unhappy guy!

Love,
Bethie
Posted By: Toomanywords Re: Advice - 06/19/06 07:15 PM
LOL - well, I watch a few freebie websites:

101deals

and marks freebies

Other than that - I sign up on company's websites, especially if I like them. Like Red Lobster and Buca de Beppo. The comedy clubs, I signed up for 1 and at the club they have a form you fill out and they've been calling me with tickets ever since. The other comedy club, I think I paid for tickets one time and signed up there too.

The trip - that one I signed up for a sweepstakes drawing on the oxygen network website.
I call into the radio stations, but I win better if I just enter their contests online. I check occationally on each of my city's radio websites.

That's about it.

Yeah, SD is very unhappy - but the drinking has been going on for a long time. It was admittedly something that pushed my mom away. His mom says that you can't be an alcoholic from beer - and he believes absolutely everything she tells him (yeah, HUGE mama's boy). He would take his mom's side in arguments over me or my mom's.
Good example - 2 years ago we had a yard sale. My mom did. I had stuff, BF's mom had stuff, and SD's mom had stuff. Well we all put our initials on the price tags so when something was purchased, we kept track in a notebook.
Well, we sold a ton of little stuff - so I totaled a page and put the total on the next page and got rid of the original page. His mother made him fish the original page out of the garbage because she didn't trust the numbers to be correct! He has never stood up for me or my mom - when his family treated us second class because we (this is an exact quote believe it or not) we "Are Not BLOOD." Yeah, you read that right folks. My stepfamily treated me and my mom like crap because we were not blood relatives. Can you believe that crap?
Anyways - that is why I do my thing and try to let him do his.
Posted By: Toomanywords Next Chapter - 06/21/06 01:28 PM
Chapter 24 - the last?
© DivorceBusting.com