Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: lovethehub New Year, New Marriage - 01/02/14 07:17 PM
It seems like it is time to start a piecing thread, my H and I started reconciling in early June and I felt comfortable calling it piecing in September. Things continue to go really well, with the hardest part being our lack of time together because we are both working and I am in school full-time.

I am confident in our marriage and being able to make it. As I wrote in my journal on New Years Eve, it was so nice to be starting a new year and not be worried about getting a divorce - it was the first time in 4 or 5 years that H and I were in a good place at the start of the year. This is also the longest stretch of good times we have had in that same 4-5 year period.

Our new m is definitely better than our original but I am aware that we need to work at it and tend to it or we will eventually end up in the same place. We both initiate a lot more little interactions with each other, plan time alone together and are open with each other when we aren't getting something that we need. I think I am better at that part but H is opening up more and more as we go.

I lovethehub and I am so grateful we are still together and moving forward together.
Posted By: Concerned_Listener Re: New Year, New Marriage - 01/02/14 07:58 PM
Good luck. It is a good feeling to be getting along with one's spouse on New Year's Eve.

CL
Posted By: Fartiltre Re: New Year, New Marriage - 01/05/14 09:34 PM
I am so happy for you, LTH!

Happy New Year!
Posted By: lovethehub Re: New Year, New Marriage - 01/05/14 11:18 PM
Thanks F, I am very happy! I think of you often and really pray for a R in your future smile
Posted By: Fartiltre Re: New Year, New Marriage - 01/11/14 01:01 AM
Well! Now I am thankful!
Take care LTH! - You are truly awesome and your H is one lucky man!
Posted By: chasingpavements Re: New Year, New Marriage - 01/11/14 02:01 AM
lovethehub, so great that things are going so well for you! Sounds like you are in such a great place. I like the idea of looking at the new year as a start to having more great times and creating more memories.
Take care,
-cp
Posted By: labug Re: New Year, New Marriage - 01/11/14 02:47 PM
Originally Posted By: lovethehub
It seems like it is time to start a piecing thread, my H and I started reconciling in early June and I felt comfortable calling it piecing in September. Things continue to go really well, with the hardest part being our lack of time together because we are both working and I am in school full-time.

I am confident in our marriage and being able to make it. As I wrote in my journal on New Years Eve, it was so nice to be starting a new year and not be worried about getting a divorce - it was the first time in 4 or 5 years that H and I were in a good place at the start of the year. This is also the longest stretch of good times we have had in that same 4-5 year period.

Our new m is definitely better than our original but I am aware that we need to work at it and tend to it or we will eventually end up in the same place. We both initiate a lot more little interactions with each other, plan time alone together and are open with each other when we aren't getting something that we need. I think I am better at that part but H is opening up more and more as we go.

I lovethehub and I am so grateful we are still together and moving forward together.

This is great news, lth. Your marriage has mad many twists and turns like mine. I guess we both had many lessons to learn.

It seems the more I allow H to open up to me and be accepting of whatever he says, the easier it is for him to be authentic with me.

Imagine that, pretty much what DB says, huh?
Posted By: paul19510 Re: New Year, New Marriage - 01/11/14 03:15 PM
I hope one day to be able to share such an inspiring story. Still in the early parts. Learning patience smile
© DivorceBusting.com