Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans Advice in Piecing: - 06/06/12 10:20 PM
A general concern.

IF anyone is coming here from Newcomers or MLC or any of the other forums, following 25 years, Starsky, me...anyone else and you think that the advice here is different...it is.

It is different. DO NOT take advice from Piecing and apply it to a newcomer situation. Do not apply it to god forbid an MLC situation.

Piecing is when both parties are (or say they are) committed to working on the realtionship and even then? Give it a few weeks or months to see if that is true.

This advice here? is not for someone who just dicovered their husband or wife is having an affair. Or for someone who just got the ILYBINILWY.
Posted By: Cadet Re: Advice in Piecing: - 06/08/12 12:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Piecing is when both parties are (or say they are) committed to working on the realtionship and even then? Give it a few weeks or months to see if that is true.

Or even longer.
Posted By: Crying out loud Re: Advice in Piecing: - 10/20/12 04:37 PM
Ugh!
Posted By: GummyBear Re: Advice in Piecing: - 03/29/13 06:42 PM
Question...

I'm going to IC... Wife is going to IC... she's asked if I'd
go to see a MC

We attend a church together... have lunch together... speak
for about 15 minutes a week about our R.

I ask her everytime we speak what I can do for her (acts of
service)... she comes up with something real I can do (this
is not reciprocated)

She has not committed to moving back in or a timeline.

Are we "piecing" - or am I not getting it.

Things are healing at a snails pace.

Thank you.
Posted By: MrBond Re: Advice in Piecing: - 03/29/13 07:44 PM
gummybear,

You are in Piecing, however, I would suggest you start your own thread so that others can help you in the healing process.
Posted By: KarenR Re: Advice in Piecing: - 04/02/13 05:39 PM
Yes, you are on the right track, and yes the process is slow, but the fact that she mentioned mc is important. I think working on yourself is great, but it is also critical to be sure to be interacting with her in a way, that shows you are 'doing things differently'.....if you haven't, take advantage of the DB coaches expertise in guiding you how to move forward in regard to how you respond to her. Take care.
© DivorceBusting.com