Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: sunshinelewis Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/04/11 08:40 AM
Hey everyone how is it going? Hope everyone had a Great Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Years!
Thought I would pop in to say Hello and update, for those of you who are interested.

Dont know what I told you last time but anyway....My ex married is young 27 yr. old girlfriend and got her preggy in the same month as he married her. They now have a son.
As for my son he still lives with dad and NEITHER of them talk to me. Wouldnt matter to me if my ex talked to me but I dont think my son is gonna change until he sees that his dad doesnt hate his mother any longer. Yes my ex hates me as far as I
know. It apparently was my fault that my husband had to leave our marriage and committ adultry. It ALL was my fault as far as they are concerned. I do wish I would not have sent my son to live with my ex and his new woman. Everyone screams tough love, but in this case it has torn us apart. I am working two jobs and going on with my life. Everyone says my ex and his new wife will not last.....i dont know, at this point all I am worried about is my son. I pray for all of them everyday. I am standing still to see what God has in store but living my life as well.

oh and I wanted to ask where i can find my old posts. I would love to read them.

Take Care,
Renee
Posted By: iluvme55 Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/04/11 03:07 PM
Hi Chica......glad to see you post.....you can find your old posts by clicking on your screen name and select view posts....are you and Jeremy still seeing each other?
I am still reading in here and praying, and praying for all that find themselves in here.
Still standing....... and God does heal our hearts
Be blessed.....Irma
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/05/11 06:46 AM
Hey Irma how have you been? Yes I am still with Jeremy. Irma dont let anyone or anything shake your Faith! Remember Job? Things will be thrown your way so be prepared and prayed up. God is so good. I am praying for peace with my ex husband so I can have a relationship with my son. They both do not speak to me. I miss my son soooo much. BUT I know my God is working and our relationships will be healed in HIS time. I am praying for God's will to be done in ALL situations because GOD's WILL is the right WILL!
I have tried to catch you on the alt but always seem to miss you. Anything new?

God Bless You and Keep Standing Until God Says Otherwise!!!!

Love ya Chick!
Renee

PS......Snodderly and Sandy would love for you to check in with me!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/12/11 06:41 AM
bump....
Posted By: TulsaTime Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/13/11 02:13 AM
They'll be along...
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/14/11 11:43 AM
I hope so. They along with others played a major part in my Living for Me Again! Jack T. B. would love to hear from you too.
How long does the hatred go on......really??????
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/19/11 06:53 AM
Would love to here from you all. I am missing my son soooo much! It hurts worse than the divorce.
Posted By: Lorie1964 Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/19/11 02:20 PM
I am sure missing your son is just devastating. You need to turn to your faith at this time and try your best to keep in touch with your son. Your son is old enough to make his own decisions. Unfortunately he has been tainted by your XH actions and words. You be the best mom you can be at this point. Write to him, send him card and express how blessed you are to be his mom. You are always going to be the parent and he the child no matter how old he gets. That means it is always up to you to make or keep contact going. A mother's love can never really be replaced, especially with a son.

You are in my prayers and God Bless.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/20/11 06:56 AM
Lorie thanks! I do try, but it only makes him angry. I sent him presents for Christmas and he sent them back. Yes he is old enough to make his own decisions, but in his eyes his dad is his Hero and always has been. SO if dad sees it this way, it must be so. He has adapted to his new life with dad and his new step-mom and left me behind. It is NOT fair because I am missing out on his dating life and all the fun things he is doing. BUT I HAVE given it to the Lord and he will fix it. I am just grieving in the meantime. My son wont evern talk to anyone who is friends with me. So that tells me he is trying to put me in the back of his mind and doesnt want to be reminded of anything. I guess maybe this might be his way of dealing with the divorce. I dont know but it sure HURTS. I love him and send him emails telling him so. He blocks me from everything else. I will continue to love him and pray for him and his new family. God is SO good, I know he is in Charge!

Hugs,
Reneeh
Posted By: HeartsBlessing Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/30/11 05:32 PM
Quote:
HB,
Sorry that I didnt mention my sons age, He is 20, was 18 at the time of the divorce, I had to ask him to go stay with his dad because I could not get him to do anything and he was becoming disrespectful. The day after he left to go to his dads he came back to get some of his stuff and hugged me and told me it was prb for the best that he needed this. We talked by phone and I saw him a few times after that, (they only live around 3 miles from me), then he changed his number and slowly stopped talking to me and grew angry. The stepmom and I had words and my son called me a liar when I tried to explain.....untelling what they are putting in his head.
Anyway my ex didnt marry the ow he left me for, she was already married, but he met his now wife soon after. I dont think he takes anything out on her though, he follows her around like a puppy and treats her like Gold. As far as trying to forget his past life with me, I agree. He told me once he wanted to forget I exsisted. He is trying to build himself a new life and family. He refusses to speak to me about our son. HB, I dont know if my ex realizes he made a serious mistake or not? He dont act like he did I rarely see them, so i dont really know.

You may be right; your exhusband, and his wife may very well be filling your son's head with crap about you.

He will figure it all out given time; the knight in shining armor becomes the knight in tarnished armor, all in good time.

Heroes rise and fall everyday.

No matter what happens, you are STILL his mother. In the meantime, you will have to leave him alone, as he's a grown man, now.

I will say this; you don't know what goes on behind closed doors in people's houses..so you really can't say for sure that your husband is not taking his anger out on his wife.

He is still in MLC; and the actions of the MLC'er don't stay "hidden" for very long, before they resurface again.

Just because he remarried doesn't necessarily mean he's "out"...given time, the new will wear off...and things will get bad again; only this time it will NOT be you on the receiving end.

I was looking at your timeline; and it seems his wife got pregnant right off the bat, didn't she?

Honey, from what I can see, you'll need to let go of everything; and get on with your life...your ex husband has remarried; so that closes the door for standing, or it does in my opinion.

Quote:
Yes he is old enough to make his own decisions, but in his eyes his dad is his Hero and always has been. SO if dad sees it this way, it must be so. He has adapted to his new life with dad and his new step-mom and left me behind. It is NOT fair because I am missing out on his dating life and all the fun things he is doing.

You'll need to let go of that aspect, you can't "make" your son have anything to do with you; but you can continue to pray for him.

My son is 24 now; and I don't "keep up" with everything he's doing, unless he calls me and lets me know what is up.

He's been on his own since May of last year; and in some ways, though I'm out on the road most of the time, I still miss him; but I KNOW he's taking care of himself...doesn't ask us for anything in the way of help...just has a few questions from time to time on something he's never seen or experienced before.

He doesn't date anyone; I don't think he will until he's ready to try and find "The One". smile

He does home improvements on his house; and works fulltime in a machine shop as a lathe operator. He's a good, responsible man..we are very proud of him; he's done well. smile
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/30/11 07:52 PM
Thanks HB!
You mentioned that "getting married" doesnt mean they are OUT. I did NOT know that it did in the first place.
Yes she was pregnant right off the bat! Her first child died in a car, her mom forgot him there.......horrible death! He was two yrs. old. My ex had told someone that she (his new wife), was crazy and he wouldnt be with her very long, (or something like that). I guess he changed his mind huh? My ex told me after he left that he wanted to PLAY! He said he was tired of being married. He tried to date alot of different women, mostly young women. I guess he realized he better grab this one,,,,,to him it was better than being alone. He told me after she moved in that she grew on him. What a basis for a marriage! Anyway I dont try to contact him, the last time I tried, as soon as he heard my voice he hung up!!!! I had called to try and get my sons ss# for life insurance purposes. I was need to talk to my ex about our home debt, something very important,,,,,,,but NO EAY will he give me time to breathe on the phone until he hangs up? Why is this do you think? Why couldnt he speak to me fro a few mins. She is not around and would not have to know, I need to get this debt settled. (long story).
I hope my son comes around, he is NOW acting just like his dad as far as talking to me.
I am so glad your son as done well ofr himself. You have a right to be very proud!
I wish Snodderly would chime in. She tried to help me many times and I wouldnt listen. I hope she is NOT upset with me, I would love to hear from her!

Hugs
Renee
Posted By: HeartsBlessing Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 01/31/11 05:52 PM
Quote:
I was need to talk to my ex about our home debt, something very important,,,,,,,but NO EAY will he give me time to breathe on the phone until he hangs up? Why is this do you think? Why couldnt he speak to me fro a few mins. She is not around and would not have to know, I need to get this debt settled. (long story).

If the debt is in HIS name, too; you may have to take him to court to get it settled.

That might be the ONLY way you would get this settled.

Like you say, he's trying to wipe your existence off the face of the earth...and from what you describe in his new wife; it looks like he has jumped straight out of the frying pan, and into a very hot fire.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/01/11 11:10 AM
HB I dont have the money to take him to court so I dont know what I am gonna do. Most of the MLCers on here seem to at least communicate with their ex if needed. It's been two yrs. and the hate is STILL there, I guess I just dont understand why still?
I know and you know he has jumped into a HOT fire, but he seems to be happy from what I have heard. I dont get why he gave up fishing though, that is the one thing he LOVED to do. He was always getting into tournaments and calling me to come to the weigh in and fished at least 3 times a wk. He doesnt fish at all now, follows her around like a puppy dog.
From what I read they try to reclaim there youth. She, I am sure makes him feel young again. I dont know why i am even talking about him. I have my own problems right now. I guess I just figured in two yrs. he would have calmed down a little. Losing his job sent him over the hedge it seems.

As for me, I am in a relationship with a great guy and love him dearly, but he says he is no where near ready to settle down. We have been dating 17 months. He was married once for a yr. and she cheated. They dated for two yrs. He says he rushed into marriage and look how that ended. He says he isnt rushing into it again. We both go to church so we DO NOT cross any lines, although we live together. Its very hard being in a relationship where you can not be intimate. AND on top of everything he says he is not near ready to settle down. He told me if i respected and loved him i would wait as long as it took. Any advice for me? Others have given me some advice but I wanted to see what you thought. I know you are a Christian and unless you are a Christian most people dont understand the boundaries.

Hugs,
Renee
Posted By: TRUSTING Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 01:43 AM
I am sorry for your situation. My advice to you is to stop living with that man. Christian people don't live together. Living together is crossing the line. Take the high road and show your son a good example. Why would you be in a relationship that is going no where????? You have been victimized by your ML'er, don't be a victim again by a guy who won't commit. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but I am just concerned for you.....
Posted By: MissH Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 03:33 AM
I 100% agree with Trusting on this.
Posted By: Creed Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 03:56 AM
Oh yes....I 110% agree with trusting and MissH.

Don't you question this relationship yourself?

Sun, don't let your desire to someday have intimacy and commitment from a man blind you to the fact that this particular man is NOT interested in either. If YOU loved and respected HIM? Come on....it goes both ways. He's cake eating big time, and I bet there's a part of you that already knows that, but is afraid to admit it to yourself. You are very much worthy of having commitment, love and intimacy in your life. Don't sell yourself short or let anyone else tell you "if you really do..". If HE really does....then he needs to step up to the plate, or let you go.

Yes this all does sound harsh...but I think you already realize this on your own, without any of us saying it. And if you do...ponder on that fact.

I wish you all wonderful things Sun. You deserve them.
Creed,

It is awesome to see you, I hope you are doing well.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 06:39 AM
Watch it now. DO NOT judge me please. I have my own room. AND as far as my son goes, he doesnt speak to me or see me so he knows nothing about it. Please dont judge me, that is NOT what I was asking for. I am doing nothing wrong. Take your juding somewhere else. You can reply to me if you want BUT I want stand for that. Thank You!!!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 06:47 AM
Creed how do you get that my bf is NOT interested in me? My post sounded harsher than it was. We love each other but he wants to take things slow. I didnt come here to be judged as a Christian, as I said above. Like I said, unless you are a Christian, you wouldnt understand that boundaries. I wanted support! I tend to rush into things, you all know that from my posts. I just wanted to know how you all felt about him wanting to wait to get married. NO I dont question his Love for me. I just want to move on and he isnt ready.....he is scared. Actually I was hoping HB would chime in because she is a Christian and would understand. Some very realiable people have told me to listen to this man and take my time. YR is one of them, she is very wise.
Dont even know why I asked in here????? Some of you assume the worst, always have.
Thanks for posting but keep your harshness to yourself! 2 yrs! and you all are still here and still angry. No surprise!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 06:49 AM
oh and CAKE EATING????? Seriously?
Please someone else chime in that was listening to me.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 06:53 AM
Originally Posted By: TRUSTING
I am sorry for your situation. My advice to you is to stop living with that man. Christian people don't live together. Living together is crossing the line. Take the high road and show your son a good example. Why would you be in a relationship that is going no where????? You have been victimized by your ML'er, don't be a victim again by a guy who won't commit. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but I am just concerned for you.....

I was addressing my comment to HB anyway! and I am on the High Rd. thank you.
Posted By: Creed Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 05:21 PM
I truly am sorry I offended you Sun. I do know boundaries, as a matter of fact..and I consider myself a Christian also. None of us are perfect, and at times boundaries can be blurred or over-stepped. You've set up boundaries in this new relationship...noone else. In the end, your decisions now affect the future ahead. It is your life to live. No one elses.

Oh by the way...I got over my anger years ago. Only sparks up somewhat when I see the impact it has made on our adult sons, but I handle that well with Gods help...thank you.

I come here and read a few posts occasionally, and hardly post anymore. More or less checking up to see how others are doing. I posted on your thread because I remembered well the struggles you had to face, like the rest of us. My intention was not to butt in to a thread addressed only to HB. My idea of this forum was that if someone posted, it was open to anyone to post a suggestion/support/opinion on the matter brought up.

This last posting from you has taught me a lesson.
Posted By: Creed Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 05:28 PM
Hey JTB!! Thank you so much for the welcome, and congratulations to you. You'll be wonderful moderating here. I was really happy that happened. You're not only a very wise man, but you've got a contagious sense of humor. You've provided many laughs for me when laughing was the last thing I felt like doing!! You Go!!
Posted By: MsRae Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 05:31 PM
Hi, sunshine! Love your nic.

You have certainly been through an awful lot. It breaks my heart for you that your son won’t speak to you. I can only imagine the pain that must cause you.

I’m a Christian too. I don’t for, one second, want to judge you at all. I admire the fact that the two of you can live in separate rooms and not be physically intimate. I’m not sure that I could! (“ I think what everyone is most concerned about is that it has been 17 months and he’s not ready to move forward. The fact that he says that you’d wait for him as long as it takes causes some concern.

You’ve been really hurt. No one wants to see you go through any more hurt.

He dated his ex for two years before marrying her. That’s not rushing into a marriage. I rushed into marriage. (Less than 3 months after we met)

I think he may have some issues with commitment or there is something else entirely going. Maybe from his childhood.

Since you’re both Christians, do you go to the same church together? Would he be willing to meet with a pastor or priest with you? Take a pre-marriage class together? There are tons of Christian materials that you could utilize.

Praying for you, sweetie!
Posted By: Creed Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/03/11 05:39 PM
Okay...I fought with myself before posting this...and I guess the Swiss part of me won (the part that won't back down from a comment that questions my faith). Sun..."unless you're a Christian". "As a Christian..."

Don't go there. Don't attempt to question someone elses faith. I never did that to you...don't do it to me or anyone else here. We may all interpret our faith differently, but never, ever suggest we are not Christians. As I stated previously, none of us are perfect, and I'm sure none of us follow the path He would have us follow perfectly either. Most of us overstep on the boundaries He's set forth each and everyday..sometimes without even recognizing it.

As imperfect as I am, God knows me well, and I'm pretty sure He knows I try my best. If you feel others can't understand your point of view proves them to be unChristian-like, you need to be talking to Him more often yourself...not pointing fingers.

Nuff said. Wish you well.
How about "Do unto others..."

I do not think anything was said with the intent to hurt or harm, nor do I think anything was said with judgement in mind.

But that could escalate.

If something is said that is untrue, it should have no affect upon you. No offense to Creed, but she is a faceless voice to you Sunshine. If there is no merit in her words, then let them be like water off a duck's back.

If her words sting, then she said something that bothers you about yourself.

But I doubt she pushed that button knowing it would do so.

We owe it to ourselves to evalaute those comments that 'sting' us and figure out why.
Posted By: sofaraway Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/04/11 12:29 AM
Quote:
nor do I think anything was said with judgement in mind.

I disagree completely. There are two problems here as I see it. First, those who consider themselves religious and follwo scripture to their churches word sit in judgment always on those who do not. Their are many different levels of being christian, not just the one taht you follow so judging her for living with a man is and making a comment that it is not christian is wrong. How about instead saying this " according to my beliefs it is not very christian to live with someone and not be married". Kind of keeps it from being judgmental and makes the poster not feel condemned, our ex's and MLC's can handle that part for us whistle

Now to you Renee, while I disagree with the way they stated their opinions to you, I also disagree with you taking a religious stance on things and not expecting more observant christians to respond. We are all adults and understand the right wing beliefs on living with someone. We sometimes get the very tongue lashings that we ask for. Want my opinion on it, I could give a crap less as long as you can live with yourself and I am an old school Jew....so there wink

Now, on to you. The situation with your son is beyond your control. You can try and try to reach out and get the same results over and over if you want. The problem to me is you put the mother/son relationship on some sort of ivory tower. Guess what, a relationship is a relationship, is a relationship. If you have not figured it out yet, you need to be DBing your son.

The actions you are taking with him may very well be driving him further away instead of closer. Think about some of the things you have posted on here and forget for a moment he is your son, lets pretend he is a walkaway spouse, ready:

1. I sent him christmas presents and he sent them back.

2. I make sure to tell him I love him every time I can.

3. I constantly email him because that is the only thing he doesnt block.

Ok, I am done here, because you damn well better look at those three things and have a clear as day picture of what you are doing wrong in the relationship with your boy. I do not give a rats assss what your ex is telling him, your relationship with him is between you and him and if you do not stop pushing him and actually allow him time to work past shittt on his own, this will not get better. Space and time, maybe more than you want it to take, but it will happen.

Those were my jabs, I will leave here with a body blow. For a woman who speaks of faith so much, yours about your son coming around seems to be on shaky ground whistle

Sorry you invited me yet?

Ian
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/04/11 02:15 AM
Ok,,,,,,firt to Creed. I want to clear something up to you.
I WAS NOT in any shape or form questioning your relation with God. I DO NOT judge anybody because it is wrong. That is why it hit me so hard what you said. TACTIFUL would have been better!

To anyone that read the past posts.
I ONLY say a Christian would understand my boundaries because I have friends that DONT understand why "no sex", they just dont get it. THAT is what I was talking about. I only meant HB WAS or seems to be a Christian.....I DID NOT mean no one else here was. Trusting, I can hardly remember you. (sorry). As far as living together, let me deal with that. God knows my heart. and GOD is the only one that matters. I forgive you Creed and anyone else that hurt me.

Ok, now Ian.
Thank you for taking the time to post to me. I agree that I need to be Dbing my son. It's harder when its your kid. You raised them and you know that they were raised to respect their parents. I was given advice to kick him out and I did and that ended up badly, so I am scared to take advice now I guess.
I do love him dearly and its very hard. AND you are right, my FAITH needs to increase.

Renee
Posted By: Twink Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/04/11 03:05 AM
Sun, I posted to you occasionally over the last couple of years, mostly about starting up a new relationship before you had closed out the old. I am reluctant to jump in here, because there is a lot of emotion passing through, which really should be set aside. You returned for a reason, after several months away, and I suspect it has something to do with some discomfort about your current R. I may be wrong. Only you know the truth.

I will not -- and as an agnostic, cannot -- speak to anything religious about your current R. Nor will I judge your decisions in any way that is outside of the scope of these boards. We are here to both support and challenge you, though, and I hope you take my comments with that in mind.

In my opinion -- and all I know of you is what I have read here -- you have not developed a true sense of self yet. You have not spent significant time truly alone, learning to be comfortable and happy with you. You still do not value yourself enough to accept nothing less than what you deserve -- someone who longs to be with you, and will cherish, protect and commit to you. And as painful as his actions are, you have not made peace with the fact that your son is an adult, his choices are his, and have little to do with you, your needs, or how much you love him. You are still broken and needy, and will accept far less in your Rs than you deserve.

This is what I see. I'm sorry if it upsets you. If it does, please dig into it.

I wish you only the best, no matter how you go forward.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/04/11 06:29 AM
Twink this does not upset me at all. As far as coming back to the boards, I have lurked here and there and posted to some people.
As far as my bf is concerned.....I AGREE with you that I am STILL needy! THAT is why I came here to ask the questions and get opinions. I have gotten opinions of some friends and a couple of people from these boards that are on my fb. I know that you all only know what I post here. THAT is the prb. with boards like this, People only know what they read. I know we love each other and want to be together. He has provided me with a car to drive, and financially it is better for us to be in the same house. He cooks for me and all the little things I leave out. No one is perfect. He is not yet to the point that he wants to get married. I dont think there is anything wrong with dating for a couple years.....why is that so bad? AND that is not what I came here to really ask. I am TRYING to work on my neediness and patience AND I came here to be reassured because I though I would get support here. My bf has admitted he is scared of committment because of his last marriage and he wants to make SURE its God's will. He has always been a slow mover. His mom confirmed this! His family told me right off the bat to load up on patience with him. He is trying to take things slow. A couple of people told me that NOTHING was wrong with that. I THOUGHT you all would confirm that too. BUT some of you have different opinions on that.
Forgive me, and I am NOT pointing fingers at no one, BUT some here are so caught up in what happened in their lives and what has happened in others here that they cant see past it. They are not OPTIMIST'S at all. They automatically are on defense. There is life beyond a bad marriage. I found that out and it took me forever. OF COURSE I need to work on me and make ME happy. I have never been one to be alone, whether its a man or a family member. NOTHING is WRONG with that. I LOVE people! I am a PEOPLE PERSON. I would give the shirt off my back to anybody. My good heart gets taken advantage of because of this, but thats not MY prb.
As for my son, YES I am heartbroken! Most people dont lose their mother, hubby, only son to their spouse and not to mention their home all in 6 to 8 months time. ALOT to deal with. My son is an adult and he is influenced by his Father. He has always looked up to him. I am convenienced that if my ex would show my son that he DONT hate me and we all can be adults and get along, my son would come around sooner. BUT my ex isnt gonna do that and I am not even gonna go there. I know my son Loves me and I love him. I NEED to have the FAITH I know I am suppose to have.

Thank you for your post.

Renee
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/05/11 08:36 AM
I just wanted to add a few things after going back and re-reading this thread several times. I wanted to make SURE I didnt misread anything or post anything uncalled for.
I think it was Creed that mentioned "my boundaries", I just wanted to clear up that these were made by "Us", not just me. When we started dating, we were NOT going to church, we were intimate and spent the night and weekend with each other several times over the months. We BOTH decided to begin church, yes same church for both of us.....(i think someone asked that question), and decided we should NOT sleep together according to how we believe. I just recently moved into his home, in my own room, as we thought this would be best, for a trial and too lesson expenses. We have talked about marriage and we want to be married but he wants to wait a little longer, It IS very hard on us, but we deal with it. We have talked and he knows where I stand and that I WONT wait forever, but feel like I at least ought to respect the fact that he wants to make susre its God's will for us.
We have decided to talk to our Pastor this Sunday after church and get advice. We are trying to do the right thing.
I have made leaps of progress since my divorce but have lots to go. I just wanted to update about my son and get some input on my relationship. To be hones, I though you all would come down hard on me, because I was moving so soon, BOY was I surprised!
Instead you gave me the complete opposite. I was mainly wanting to know if you all felt I was moving too soon? Maybe I failed to word it right, I dont know, but I do know I didnt want to be judged in any way and I dont want to judge anybody.
We have ALL got to make it......and I DONT mean marriage wise, I mean to HEAVEN, if not, we are headed for a place WAY MORE bitter and hot than ANY MLCer can dish out.

Thanks and Hugs to ALL of you,
Renee
Sun,

I've been following along. I'm going to ask a question and by no means are judging you or what you do in the least.

My question is: You say your BF is waiting to see if you two marrying is God's will. Does your BF ever tell you what it is that he considers God's will? IMHO, if you two have found the kind of love that makes two want to truly commit to each other then what else is needed as a sign?

I understand scared, I really do. I also believe things happen for a reason and that there are never any guarantees in life besides that we'll eventually die (oh, and taxes).

As far as your R with your son goes, I think Ian is spot on.

Everything with time and patience will sort itself out. Good luck!
Posted By: HeartsBlessing Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/06/11 04:55 AM
Sunshine,

Catching up with this thread; I am STILL a christian; and while I don't judge people for what they do and don't do..there are several red flags in this post that I can see:

Quote:
As for me, I am in a relationship with a great guy and love him dearly, but he says he is no where near ready to settle down. We have been dating 17 months. He was married once for a yr. and she cheated. They dated for two yrs. He says he rushed into marriage and look how that ended. He says he isnt rushing into it again. We both go to church so we DO NOT cross any lines, although we live together. Its very hard being in a relationship where you can not be intimate. AND on top of everything he says he is not near ready to settle down. He told me if i respected and loved him i would wait as long as it took. Any advice for me? Others have given me some advice but I wanted to see what you thought. I know you are a Christian and unless you are a Christian most people dont understand the boundaries.

Now, what you are doing is YOUR business; it is certainly NOT mine. But something's wrong when a man says he's not ready to settle down; and something else is very wrong when he says that if you loved and respected him; you would wait as long as it took.

That last statement of his is CONTROLLING...and you deserve more that to be hung out to dry until HE decides...I'm not sure he loves you; though he says he does.

But words mean nothing in a greater scheme of things.

All of this, tells me right off the bat that he has commitment problems to the max...and he's never healed from what happened to him; you said his wife had cheated on him once before.

You'll need to reexamine this situation; and see the reality within it, Sun.

Something's seriously wrong here; and it's not you, it's HIM.

I hope; and I didn't see this in your post; that he's not taking advantage of you in some way; and I DON'T mean sexual; you've made it plain that both of you are staying in separate rooms; and not active that way.

I honestly hope he's paying his way; even as he seems to be stringing you along....you love him; but he doesn't love you in the way you deserve.

You may flame the heck out of me for this; but this is what I see; as I read your post.

I'd not been back in awhile; because I got busy; the weather's been bad; and I'm a truck driver.
Posted By: HeartsBlessing Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/06/11 05:04 AM
Sunshine,

Well, I should have read through the rest of the posts before I answered...sorry.

Quote:
I just recently moved into his home, in my own room, as we thought this would be best, for a trial and too lesson expenses. We have talked about marriage and we want to be married but he wants to wait a little longer, It IS very hard on us, but we deal with it. We have talked and he knows where I stand and that I WONT wait forever, but feel like I at least ought to respect the fact that he wants to make susre its God's will for us.

If this is meant to be; and is God's Will; you two should already know; your intuition should have already told you; and both of you would already be settled and at peace with this within yourselves.

There wouldn't be the uncertainty within you both; that seems to be there now.

What has the Lord told YOU on this?

You always take a chance when you marry; God's Will or not; and a successful marriage takes TWO people; not just one...and both must be willing to each do their part.

Keep us posted on what the Pastor advises you.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/10/11 05:33 AM
I think we are both just scared. I have not, in my opinion prayed enough about this. I need to.
We didnt go to church Sunday, but we will this Sunday and hopefully talk to the Pastor then.

On another note.....Snodderly why do you not post to me anymore? I was just wondering. I hope I havent offended you. You helped me so much thru my divorce. I will NEVER forget you and others here. I love love to hear what you have to say also.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/10/11 05:33 AM
Edit.....I would love to hear...
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/10/11 07:39 PM
Someone told me today that my son told them, during a conversation that I LEFT HIS DAD! Why on earth do you all suppose he would say something like that? He knows what happened, son and I had to move back into our old home because his dad wanted a divorce. Son even told me many times that his dad wasnt coming back. Son also told them that I did ok at first about the divorce THEN I started going downhill and started takin drugs. OMG! I have NEVER in my life took drugs and son knows this. What is happening to my child?
This upsets me to know end, because I can not contact him to ask him about it. What should I do?
Posted By: braveheart Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/10/11 10:20 PM
Renee, this is a 2nd hand account of something. Its been my experience that someone who would tell you something like that would run and tell them anything you say. My advice is to ignore it. Your son is a grown man, he knows how you feel about him. If you try to contact him, it will push him away.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/11/11 02:57 AM
BH his gf told me that. She added me on fb. I know she was telling the truth. I told her it was best if i deleted her, I dont want my son thinking I am spying on him. Its like he is blaming me.
Posted By: HeartsBlessing Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/18/11 04:34 AM
Hello Sunshine, smile

To keep from further hijacking Tad's thread; I moved your last post to your thread. smile

Quote:
HB, thank you for your comments. BUT really, when does it STOP being a crisis? If a man and a woman is happy for that long, isnt it no longer a crisis? and does it ALWAYS have to be a crisis? Can people divorce without being in a crisis? Surley they can. I am talking about divorcing after long term marriages though.

The answer to your question in regards to divorcing without being in a crisis is yes, it can happen that way...women and men do this all the time; but some of the time it can be due to going through a MLC..depending on their age and other factors that contribute to the demise of the marriage.

Some couples do simply fall out of love with each other; and some relationships are physically abusive..it can be a mixed bag when it comes to divorcing because of perceived incompatibilities between the couple.

But there is NO excuse for going out and getting another before ending the current relationship..none whatsoever.

An honorable person would end the relationship and learn what they are supposed to learn to prevent taking the SAME baggage into a new relationship.

But not all people are "honorable"..and marriages in this day and age seem to be disposable when one becomes unhappy.

Anyway, I digress.

The typical MLC hits between the ages of 35 and 55; sometimes earlier, sometimes later; depending on the circumstances.

There have been some who go through it later because they managed to put it on hold for a period of time; and some, it overwhelms.

The crisis resolves and finishes when ALL issues are faced within by the MLC'er; and not before. There is NO "rule" against putting the crisis on hold for a time; but the issues MUST be faced; and the MLC'er must face themselves...and if it comes in several bouts of crisis, so be it...they can run, but they cannot hide.

It doesn't matter if they return to the marriage; end up remarrying, or what else they do.

The fact is, ALL issues MUST be faced within themselves; and RESOLVED; and the settling down process; (which simply means a "place for everything and everything in it's place") must be completed, before the crisis is finished and they go forward exhibiting the changes of a lifetime.

They MUST grow up and mature for the first time in their lives; the crisis does, indeed, extract a change from and within them.

They become better people than before; and coupled with the changes the LBS also makes; once the marriage rebuilds; it is a deeper, stronger, more lasting marriage; than what they had before the crisis.

The couple becomes more focused on each other; and though they have lives outside of the marriage; neither is threatened by that.

The bond that binds the couple together becomes much stronger after the crisis...and the vows that were taken when they married take on a new meaning; and committment is strengthened.

It can be a long road to get to this point, but it is attainable; depending on both the LBS and the then former MLC'er to be determined to rebuild from the ashes of the marriage that was destroyed; because of the crisis.

I know these things from my own experience; and that of my husband's.

I had a multitude of issues and aspects to face within myself; and it took six years to finish. I got them all; there was a overwhelming sense of peace within me when I came out of the settling down process.

I felt stronger and ready to take on the world. smile

My husband also had issues and aspects to face within himself; and it took him a LONG time to face himself; facing and resolving within himself.

He exited the tunnel back in late 2002; but he had set aside a most painful issue; that of his parent's divorce..he was 7 when they divorced.

To keep from facing it; he put it aside; thinking that it would never come up again...but like anything else that chases you; it caught up with him in late 2004; nearly two years after his exit.

I knew, but I didn't know...I was within my transition; catching bits and pieces of what was going on..

It was not until my transition completely ended in early 2009; just after the settling down process; I fully realized that things were not as I had left them.

My memories were fragmented and broken; and though I remembered his crisis as a fact; I could not understand what was happening.

The Lord helped me to begin to understand; when I came back here last year, and asked a question....I didn't understand the answer at first...but, as time went on, it was shown to me that the one child of his issues had been overlooked/set aside for all that time. And it was TORMENTING him to death; in turn, he was taking it out on me; and I was fighting him tooth and nail; making it clear that I would NOT tolerate his behavior toward me.

NOTHING was working...boundaries had worked the last time; but in this bout; he was not responding; only getting more rebellious and angry.

The cycle of rebellion had been running since he got caught by that final issue; and other than key times that I had enough clarity to stop other things from going on; once I finished what I had to do; I retreated back into the transition; I had work to do on ME..and I wasn't finished; and wouldn't come out UNTIL I was finished.

That took its toll on him, too...I'd retreated away from him; and he knew it; actually KNEW what was going on..but was continuously forgetting it; because of his own problem.

I completely left him alone; unless he approached me; and if he showed signs of getting ready to take his angst out on me; I walked away, out of the room to get away from him; AFTER restating my boundaries again.

It was not my fault; I had done nothing to cause it; and I hung on as best I knew how...I had already done the work on myself long before; so, there was nothing else for me to learn; except to understand this new possibility that laid before me.

I do understand why God instructed me in many ways...He instructed me to come down hard on him for his irresponsibility; and I did force him to turn over his half of household expenses.

I never threatened him with anything; not leaving, nothing....each time God would instruct me; I came down hard on him with a kind of anger that showed I meant business....he was angry; but I started seeing him start paying his way; pulling his own weight; but there was a still a long way to go, it seemed.

That 7 year old child had been in the driver's seat for so long; he was not too happy to have me start in on him...the man was in hiding; didn't know what to do; except leave the child out there to deal with me.

It's funny in a way; I wanted to go cut a switch and switch his legs...but this was a grown man, however, he was acting...but I really did want to. LOL!!

All he could do was LEAVE if he'd wanted to do that; but I sensed that he wasn't going anywhere; he had already settled that issue long ago.

So, I was comfortable in coming down on him; as per the instruction of the Lord; these instructions always came at a time when he was most receptive...otherwise, I left him alone, got on with my life; but NOT AS IF this time; I just simply got on with it; knowing that whatever happened; I was FINE.

I laid him completely at the feet of the Lord; in late November 2009; I had followed instructions to the letter; nothing was working; and there was nothing else I could do to help turn him again.

So, the Lord showed me in early December 2009, that something would happen to bring him down within three months; and I would KNOW when that happened. His rebellion and arrogance was over the top; I was unable to reach him anymore; and the Lord and I both knew this...

He broke his ankle in February of 2010; and I KNEW when I spoke to him; that this was what I'd been waiting for.
This was ALSO the catalyst that started him out for good this time.

Within three months after he'd gone down; I saw him begin to turn and start his journey out of this secondary tunnel..it was different than what happened the first time...it was like he crossed directly over, returning into the settling down process; literally picking up where he'd left off before.

He processed throughout the rest of 2010; and in the middle of January of this year, something strange happened; he completely withdrew from me. I asked the Lord; and was told this was his "final facing"..which was not to be confused with "final fears".

He had ALREADY faced the final fears long go; this was a different kind of facing; that involved; not only the recent events; but the whole of the events from the past 11 years...and he was seeing these.

He wasn't calling me; but when the Lord instructed me to call and check on him; I did NOT ask him anything; except if he was OK.

He said he was sick, nauseated; and wasn't sleeping well at night....apparently the whole nine yards had been literally dumped on him...it took him nearly two weeks to finish out.

The strange thing was; when he was finished; he picked up; just like nothing had ever happened; teasing me because I hadn't called him that particular day; and he sounded great; upbeat and happy.

He is now OUT completely; I've seen him since that time; and I did see clearly he was and is fine. smile

He has clearly changed in his perception of me; he even speaks to me differently; is more respectful of me; very gentle and caring toward me.

This is the man I was starting to see so long ago; before his processing got interrupted.

It was NOT even a shade of this way before the crisis; and I do remember the marriage before the crisis; and I would NOT go back to that time for anything..not even knowing what I know now.

He loved me at that time with what he knew; and his childhood had been filled with heartache, abandonment issues; and his parent's divorce. He could not accept me; because he could not accept himself...and neither did he love himself; which, in turn; meant he had been unable all that time to love me.

He was good at times; but controlling and manipulating most of the time. The balance was very uneven; the crisis righted that balance between me and him.

As hard as the road was for him AND me; I am GLAD all this happened; as I see; not only within myself; but within him, too; the changes of a lifetime; and a love that is deeper than before.

God truly worked a miracle within my marriage; but I also obeyed Him in ALL things..this was key for me to endure what I did..as He strengthened me many times; and encouraged me to keep going; when all I wanted to do was give up completely.

I could have done anything I wanted; this was MY choice; but I chose to see what would come next; and, I was never able to answer all of the "what if" questions that come when thinking of ending a long term relationship. That, and the Lord continuing to show me the outcome; and it was a better life and marriage than I had known before...and so, I stuck with it; and made a choice to hang in there; outlasting everything.

I made up my mind that I would not end it, HE would, if he chose to do that..but he didn't; decided to finish it out with the necessary changes within himself and so, here we are, still married.

I can look back; and see where God continued to work His Will in our lives; and He continues to work His Will in my life, even now. smile

Two days before he broke his ankle, I was sent back here to begin understanding what had gone on; and what was going on...my memories needed to be restored; but that didn't start happening until a few weeks went by; and they didn't restore all at once; it was like pieces of a puzzle that came together.

Each of these pieces found its way into a "box" in my head...as long as I'm not asked questions about MLC...it's not something I think about; but when I start getting questions; the box opens; and out comes a piece to aid me in answering....my insight is completely different; there are answers there that I don't have experience with; but I can answer with what He gives me to say.

Sorry this is long; but one thing is evident; if ALL issues are not faced by the MLC'er; there is a bout of crisis that will come back later on...or it can be multiple bouts of crisis.

Time may pass; and it may be a long period of time; but rest assured; it will come up again as long as the MLC'er has issues that are not laid to rest and resolved.

And some of them get stuck; never coming through completely.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/18/11 08:19 AM
HB.....WOW is all I can say. You have been thru alot.
I have some questins on some of the things you explained BUT first let me change courses, so to speak.
HB, I sometimes dont know why I have not had a Crisis of my on. I came to this board after I was divorced. One....didnt know this board existed and Two.....my divorce happened VERY fast. I am sure you remember reading about it, so I wont go into it. I came here and talked to people about my ex and was SO upset, at times I dont even remember writing my posts. People here began responding to me, not knowing about ME; which they normally dont know others either. THAT sometimes can cause one to NOT understand why we act the way we do and why we DO NOT listen the first 1000 times. AND mostly why we are NOT as brave as others. This brings me to this post.
I want to talk about ME..... AND WHY I am the way I am in my opinion. I am wanting to talk about this with you, because I feel like you may have some advice for me and SO you can get a better insight on me, esp. when I say the things I do. I just want you to understand where I have been in my life before my marriage. Maybe you can help.....I KNOW you are not a professional and I am NOT expecting you to fix me but I feel like you should know some things about me and MAYBE see why I am the way I am.....*and MAYBE I can figure thing out also*
SIDE NOTE: I am NOT very good with words, so I hope I dont lose you and you know what I am trying to say.
OK.....when I was young I had alot of good memories. Growing up in a HOLLAR in a small town where everyone knew everyone. Times were good, my Dad supported our family, my mom didnt work, she raised 2 boys and me and remained a housewife. Because my mom had NO LIFE of her own, she stayed discontent; Happy one day, sad the next; so needless to say her and dad fought alot. My younger brother eventually went to stay with our grandmother and that left me and brother at home with mom....my dad was a truckdriver all his life, so he wasnt around alot. I WAS daddys girl! OK....this is where it ges bad. My mom would get mad at my father and take it OUT ON ME. She litterly mentally abused me. I have been chased by knives, had pliers thrown at my head and woke up in the middle of the night with mom about to split my brains out with a wooden flower vase. I have been whipped with a belt buckle over the head because I refused to say Goodnight. I was told at times that if I went to sleep someone was gonna come in the house and kill me. I would come home from school some days and not be let in the house. I would sit on the front porch until I walked half a mile to my grandmothers to eat. Most days if my grandmother didnt feed me, I didnt eat. I have witnessed my mom pointin a gun point blank a my fathers face while I was standing behind him. I would slip out of the house when they fought and run down the rd. to my grandmothers in the rain, snow, whatever in a tee shirt in the middle of the night sometimes because I thought my mom was gonna kill my dad. I have closed my bedroom door to hold my mom out while she stabbed it several times with a butcher knife trying to get in; even at some point stabbing under the door at my feet. I litterly was scared to death for my life. She would aways say later she was bluffing and would never hurt me, but you couldnt tell me that at the time. Even though I witnessed all this, I was one of the best dressed students in my school and always was in the top percent of my class. I at times though felt like I was living with mommy dearest. (if you know who she is). My dad couldnt take the pressure and finally Left, leaving me behind to fend for myself and deal with everything. Afte dad left I felt so alone. I was the only granddaughter for a long time, my mom seemed to favor my brothers and so did my grandparents. I just felt alone. My dad would call and promise me he was coming to pick me up on weekends and I would sit in front of the window all day and watch for him. (well almost all day) AND he NEVER came. I felt like he left me and wasnt coming back. AND he did. I saw him some but he NEVER took me with him that I can remember. I would get to go stay with my aunt sometimes and swore that one day I was leaving and NEVER going back. Years later, I graduated and after graduation I went home packed my bags and told my mom I was leaving. At first she threatened me and told me she would NOT left me leave and if I tried she would hit me. I closed my eyes and walked past her leaving her for good. I never ran from her this time. I left there and never returned for a long time. I went back to visit not even 10 times during the next 25 yrs. My grandfather passed away and I could NOT even go then. The thought of driving toward that place litterly made me sick to my stomach. My mom continued over the years to fight with me when she could. I resented her so much and never wanted to visit her. She developed a blood disorder and suffered years with it. I would try to talk to her because I loved her regardless of the person she was. BUT I never went back. Two yrs. ago my mom passed away. I was with her the last two days of her life. About two months before she died, she constantly told me she loved me very much. I told her I loved her too. I never went to see her in the hospital until the last few days of her life. My mom was in and out alot in the last months. BUT this time was differnt, she knew and think I knew she wasnt coming home. Never in my 44 years of living did I ever hardly KISS my mom. There was very few times we were close that way. The day before she died I was by her side and I held her hand and kissed it, I told her I loved her and I always did. I told her before she died that I forgave her. I miss my mom so much. Its like now I miss the times we didnt have. I never missed them before. I feel like I was cheated. Shortly after dealing with all this. Two weeks,,,,,just two weeks after the funeral my h asked me for a divorce. I honestly dont know how I would have made it, if God had not of been there with me. I would look up at the sky at night and pray for my moms help. AND now going thru this with my son, I feel like I am being punished for leaving my mother.
This, I know is why I hang on to whomever or whatever will love me back......even if its just a little. I hate being alone! I hate not feeling loved. My mom, my dad, my h, and my son deserted me. That is why I cant get alone. Do you see why now?
I am sorry this post was so long, but please any insight or advice you can give me I will take.
HB....I do love my guy I am with now. I dont know if God wants me with him, but I know I dont want to be alone and he is good to me. We have are bad times mainly because I am insecure, I am trying to protect myself from someone else leaving me in my life.
I want to add that I was sent a message by God during my divorce or shortly after, I cant remember; the message was that the worst was yet to come but if I put it in his hands, I would be well pleased. A young man propheised to me. (dont know if yu believe in prophecy or not). I know God is going to take care of me. I know he is with me every step of the way and has been.
I am trying to lay it ALL at his feet.
That is my story. I welcome ANY input you have and Thank you so much for taking the time to post to me.

God Bless You,
Renee
Posted By: HeartsBlessing Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/18/11 04:58 PM
Renee,

Please do me a favor; break your post down into paragraphs when you post next time; it makes things easier to read. smile

Please don't get angry with me; as I'm about to shoot it straight; as I see it...there's food for thought in my post.

I will help you as best I can to talk it all out with you; and you're right, I cannot "fix" you; but I can point out areas to help you...the rest, as it would stand, would be up to you.

I've seen a similar childhood; my mother was mentally broken; and both her and my dad were physically, emotionally, and mentally abusive toward me my sister and my brother...in me, at that time, it resulted in a perfectionist; at least, until, I took the journey to wholeness and healing.

That's the short form on me; you're right, I'm not a professional; I only have insight,perception, and intuition given of God to guide me.

OK here goes:

I read through your post twice; you've suffered mental, some physical and emotional abuse throughout your childhood.

You also have abandonment issues that you've never gotten past.

Your mother was abusive in a great number of ways; and she had problems; serious mental problems and some very deep issues; as did your dad....your dad tried to solve it all by running away from everything when he could have helped, protected and supported you.

You feel both parents let you down; and they DID let you down.

They weren't half the parents they should have been; and that is NOT your fault..that lies on them.

You thought if you could be smart in your school work; making good grades, and be as perfect as you could be; you would earn their love; when this didn't happen; it set you up for further disillusionment...and this feeling of never having gotten your parent's total approval and their love; has never left you.

What your parents did; had nothing to do with you; and everything to do with them; if not you; then another daughter; so don't think it was YOU; it WASN'T.

You carried this baggage into your adult life; and you've never healed from the damage, but then, you've never REALLY faced it.

To do so, in your mind; it would destroy you; uncovering your imperfections; but guess what? I'm not perfect either; and neither is anyone else.

When someone shows you attention; you grab onto them for dear life; and smother them to the point they want to get away from you. This is due to abandonment issues within you.

You don't realize this because it is within your very nature to hold on; instead of letting go..and this aspect did also, come from your childhood.

You feel ANY relationship; emotionally hurtful or not, is better than no relationship at all.

You fear being alone; because you have a hard time dealing with it; to be truly ALONE is to have to deal with oneself; and that's hard to do...so you crave a relationship that takes your mind off YOU.

You need to understand that you have GREAT value; and another person cannot give you your self worth; self confidence and self esteem; you must find these things on your own; and develop them within YOU.

You've been left behind SO many times in your life that you feel it is what you deserve; that is NOT true; you must learn to see this within yourself.

Your self confidence is lacking; and like some people, you think that it takes another to fill the "void" within.

You can't seem to understand at this time that you can be whole within yourself.

But to be truly whole; you must face the demons from your past; and heal from the damage within; and that requires self realization and change..the very things you fear most; loneliness takes a second seat.

Yet, you ALSO fear that no one can and will love you as you are..you're afraid that if you give your heart away; you will be hurt. So, you've never really given your heart to anyone..you think you have; but you've always held back because you feel the relationship is at an end before it gets started..so you've never truly invested your heart...you've always guarded it closely; choosing a partner who also could not give you of himself; nor could he give you his heart or truly invest it in you.

Neither of you felt safe with the other; and this was because of the baggage between the two of you...we seem to be drawn to what is familiar; and this familiarity also comes from childhood.

Emotional patterns can be and are repeated from childhood; it is only when the journey is taken that we learn a better way to deal with people...our interactions don't just include our spouse and children, but other people, too.

Apparently; you've not looked deep within yourself; and seen honestly and clearly what you need to do for yourself. This is the journey I keep speaking of...where change and growth comes to pass. But only IF you're willing to take the road; and walk it all the WHOLE way...shedding your past; coming to terms with it; eventually putting it where it should be; behind in the past.

It also involves forgiving the people who hurt you; and most importantly and ultimately, forgiving yourself.

It's a scary thing to face one's self; and know that change must come; but not know HOW to bring it about...this is where research comes in; and you learn as you read various self help books, read the board; talk to people; and listen to their points of view.

People can help you put a brighter light on your pain; and they can help you face it; acting as a sounding board.

But you gotta learn to listen, really listen; and within that listening; you learn truths about yourself you didn't know before.

Depending upon the strength of your intuition; turn to the Lord for help; He knows us better than we know ourselves..and He is another source of counseling; if we learn to simply listen.

You've never gone through the transition/change; because when you feel unsettled; you fight it tooth and nail; putting it on a back burner; forcing it back; and people can do that for as long as they need to; IF they are aware of it.

On the other hand; you need to get to the understanding that you are NEVER being punished for anything when you face a hard time in your life.

Each trial you face is for your growth; understanding; and ultimately, change within yourself. There is something to learn out of everything you face on the outside; because, if you allow it to, it will will change you on the inside; bringing about another aspect of change within.

God doesn't cause things to happen; He ALLOWS things to happen.

These things get our attention in a hurry, so we will go through a learning process. smile

Through our trials; we learn to trust in Him for whatever outcome will come...knowing He cares for us; and He will help us.

In order to get help, you must first learn to ACCEPT the help.

You can talk a problem to death; but if you don't accept a solution; it continues to be a problem.

Food for thought. smile
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/19/11 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: HeartsBlessing
Renee,

Please do me a favor; break your post down into paragraphs when you post next time; it makes things easier to read. smile
Originally Posted By: HeartsBlessing

Please don't get angry with me; as I'm about to shoot it straight; as I see it...there's food for thought in my post.

I would never get mad for u shooting it straight.

I will help you as best I can to talk it all out with you; and you're right, I cannot "fix" you; but I can point out areas to help you...the rest, as it would stand, would be up to you.

I've seen a similar childhood; my mother was mentally broken; and both her and my dad were physically, emotionally, and mentally abusive toward me my sister and my brother...in me, at that time, it resulted in a perfectionist; at least, until, I took the journey to wholeness and healing.

That's the short form on me; you're right, I'm not a professional; I only have insight,perception, and intuition given of God to guide me.

OK here goes:

I read through your post twice; you've suffered mental, some physical and emotional abuse throughout your childhood.

You also have abandonment issues that you've never gotten past.

Your mother was abusive in a great number of ways; and she had problems; serious mental problems and some very deep issues; as did your dad....your dad tried to solve it all by running away from everything when he could have helped, protected and supported you.

You feel both parents let you down; and they DID let you down.

They weren't half the parents they should have been; and that is NOT your fault..that lies on them.

You thought if you could be smart in your school work; making good grades, and be as perfect as you could be; you would earn their love; when this didn't happen; it set you up for further disillusionment...and this feeling of never having gotten your parent's total approval and their love; has never left you.

What your parents did; had nothing to do with you; and everything to do with them; if not you; then another daughter; so don't think it was YOU; it WASN'T.

You carried this baggage into your adult life; and you've never healed from the damage, but then, you've never REALLY faced it.

To do so, in your mind; it would destroy you; uncovering your imperfections; but guess what? I'm not perfect either; and neither is anyone else.

When someone shows you attention; you grab onto them for dear life; and smother them to the point they want to get away from you. This is due to abandonment issues within you.

You don't realize this because it is within your very nature to hold on; instead of letting go..and this aspect did also, come from your childhood.

You feel ANY relationship; emotionally hurtful or not, is better than no relationship at all.

You fear being alone; because you have a hard time dealing with it; to be truly ALONE is to have to deal with oneself; and that's hard to do...so you crave a relationship that takes your mind off YOU.

You need to understand that you have GREAT value; and another person cannot give you your self worth; self confidence and self esteem; you must find these things on your own; and develop them within YOU.

You've been left behind SO many times in your life that you feel it is what you deserve; that is NOT true; you must learn to see this within yourself.

Your self confidence is lacking; and like some people, you think that it takes another to fill the "void" within.

You can't seem to understand at this time that you can be whole within yourself.

But to be truly whole; you must face the demons from your past; and heal from the damage within; and that requires self realization and change..the very things you fear most; loneliness takes a second seat.

Yet, you ALSO fear that no one can and will love you as you are..you're afraid that if you give your heart away; you will be hurt. So, you've never really given your heart to anyone..you think you have; but you've always held back because you feel the relationship is at an end before it gets started..so you've never truly invested your heart...you've always guarded it closely; choosing a partner who also could not give you of himself; nor could he give you his heart or truly invest it in you.

Neither of you felt safe with the other; and this was because of the baggage between the two of you...we seem to be drawn to what is familiar; and this familiarity also comes from childhood.

Emotional patterns can be and are repeated from childhood; it is only when the journey is taken that we learn a better way to deal with people...our interactions don't just include our spouse and children, but other people, too.

Apparently; you've not looked deep within yourself; and seen honestly and clearly what you need to do for yourself. This is the journey I keep speaking of...where change and growth comes to pass. But only IF you're willing to take the road; and walk it all the WHOLE way...shedding your past; coming to terms with it; eventually putting it where it should be; behind in the past.

It also involves forgiving the people who hurt you; and most importantly and ultimately, forgiving yourself.

It's a scary thing to face one's self; and know that change must come; but not know HOW to bring it about...this is where research comes in; and you learn as you read various self help books, read the board; talk to people; and listen to their points of view.

People can help you put a brighter light on your pain; and they can help you face it; acting as a sounding board.

But you gotta learn to listen, really listen; and within that listening; you learn truths about yourself you didn't know before.

Depending upon the strength of your intuition; turn to the Lord for help; He knows us better than we know ourselves..and He is another source of counseling; if we learn to simply listen.

You've never gone through the transition/change; because when you feel unsettled; you fight it tooth and nail; putting it on a back burner; forcing it back; and people can do that for as long as they need to; IF they are aware of it.

On the other hand; you need to get to the understanding that you are NEVER being punished for anything when you face a hard time in your life.

Each trial you face is for your growth; understanding; and ultimately, change within yourself. There is something to learn out of everything you face on the outside; because, if you allow it to, it will will change you on the inside; bringing about another aspect of change within.

God doesn't cause things to happen; He ALLOWS things to happen.

These things get our attention in a hurry, so we will go through a learning process. smile

Through our trials; we learn to trust in Him for whatever outcome will come...knowing He cares for us; and He will help us.

In order to get help, you must first learn to ACCEPT the help.

You can talk a problem to death; but if you don't accept a solution; it continues to be a problem.

Food for thought. smile

Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/19/11 08:55 PM
Sorry I was trying to quote u and give a response.....dang edit button!!!

Anyway I would never get mad at u!
Posted By: HeartsBlessing Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/20/11 12:45 AM
Hi Renee, smile

LOL, I know what you mean about the edit button. smile

Quote:
Anyway I would never get mad at u!

I'm glad you feet that way; but I always say up front that I'm blunt in what I perceive and see...me, I would rather someone told me direct truth to help me; than to talk around it.

I had several people who loved me enough to get very blunt with me...and I appreciated their efforts; even as I got angry at what they were trying to tell me.

I got angry sometimes at what I DIDN'T want to see as I was going through the uncovering of the areas within me that needed healing; but never at the person or people who helped me uncover all of it.

The last thing any of us want to hear is that we need to change.

And, granted, we do NOT have to change; but I've come to understand it was necessary; in order to become what God meant for me to be. It took time and extreme effort to go through the "becoming" and the subsequent rebirth I went through.

Darts of truth and perception sometimes hits nerves and hard...I've been there, too...even God hit me in areas that I never expected; and exposed truths I needed to see for my own growth and healing.

These changes have never halted or even finished; instead, they continue; for every year of my life, there is additional change that must be faced, whether emotional, spiritual or physical.

And I'm still not where I should be at times; I don't think anyone ever reaches a "pinnacle" within their changes...as we are always changing, growing and developing.

Give what I said in my prior post some thought; and we'll go further with it, if you like.

It is up to you, however you wish to do this. smile

Have a good one. smile
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/24/11 06:18 AM
Wanted to update my situation with bf. We had our couselling session with our Pastor. He told us he did NOT think we were ready for marriage 1)I am still needy and need to work on self. 2)BF has some issues of committment to work out. Those were the two main reasons. My bf plays a game online and it takes up alot of time and the Pastor feels with the pressure of trying to lay this down along with my pressure of marriage, it is NOT helping our situation. Pastor seems to think we need to wait and said he commended my bf for waiting on God.
He also said that I should be thankful that i have a man that is NOT wanting to take advantage of me.
Pastor said we can NOT change each other but each of us can change ourselves. He says I have two choices,,,,wait on bf to be ready OR leave. He says NO MORE pushing bf. He said I am trying to manipulate bf into marriage.
I told him bf was not as attentive as I would like, and that our Love Languages were different. Pastor said we can NOT change each other. I told him I thought bf needed to meet me half way and be more attentive......Pastor said THIS was also maniplating.

He did not agree with the living arrangement of course.

I prb should have added that bf and I argue alot. It use to be about marriage and the pressure with being intimate. I take blame for that mostly. BUT alot of it is communication. Please dont misread this. BF and I have alot of different opinions on things and ways to approach things. I jump in and he researches the life out of it.

Bf and I have alot of fun together and he is good to me. He provides for me and does little things for me. Example.....I woke to pancakes and sausage in bed a couple days ago. What a way to wake up! BUT I do for him too.

I wear my heart on my sleeve and can cry or get my feelings hurt in a instance. I have always been this way. I hear things one way when someone could mean another. KWIM?

I love to pamper my man, as did I with ex. This can be a bad things though. Sometimes I feel like I am being taken advantage of when doing this. I mean if someone can lay back and let someone else do for them and that person does it gladly then it becomes a habit. Sometimes I feel this way with bf. Even though he does things for me I feel I do more for him. I know also that it should be a contest and I dont mean to make it that way.

My bf is very different but I love him. I love him with all my heart. I can honestly say that. I asked him if he felt the same about me and he said he loved me. I said with all your heart? *which my friend told me to quit asking questions.....and just let the relationship happen* BF said that to him when you love someone with all your heart you are ready to marry them and he is not ready. This concerned me. Bf asked why I had to measure everything. These talks he DOES NOT like to have because they usually turn into an argument.

Well thats all the time I have to post right now. I will post more later.

Hugs to all,
Renee
Posted By: Andabelle Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/24/11 05:02 PM
DB him. Quit the R talks!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/25/11 05:40 AM
I agree Andabelle.

I havent read Divorce Remendy. I cant afford to buy it and my library doesnt carry it. Someone told me this book would help me alot. BUT I cant afford it right now.

Renee
Posted By: Twink Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/25/11 02:33 PM
Your library can probably get it through their interlibrary loan program. Why not ask them?
Posted By: Andabelle Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/25/11 05:22 PM
Try that. Or, maybe you can order a used copy through Amazon?

Also, you might look at threads of people with MlCers still in the house. I can't think of any names offhand... help, anyone?
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/26/11 05:45 AM
Thanks Andabelle. I got one today! I am going to start reading,,,,,I cant wait!
Posted By: sofaraway Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/27/11 09:43 PM
Sunshine,
Pastor or no pastor you do not have to be a rocket scientist to see that your relationship with boyfriend has a lot of issues.

Get ready to get upset..........

In my opinion you have no business being in a relationship until you have taken the necessary time to work on the issues you clearly contain within your own self! The way you describe your relationship with your BF screams codependancy and dysfunction to me. Is that what you want in your next relationship after your marriage ended?

Quote:
My bf is very different but I love him. I love him with all my heart. I can honestly say that. I asked him if he felt the same about me and he said he loved me. I said with all your heart? *which my friend told me to quit asking questions.....and just let the relationship happen* BF said that to him when you love someone with all your heart you are ready to marry them and he is not ready.

You love him with all your heart, yet you can not accept his flaws and issues. This dude has no interest in marrying you, and I am about to tell you why.

He clearly sees the issues that you have and the way that you try and manipulate the conversations. You ask him if he loves you and he says yes and you have to add on the "with all your heart" crap. Meaning him just loving you is simply not good enough?

You just demoralized the shitt out of that man and I guarantee you from a male perspective you just scared him a little further away. When he does think to hmself if he wants to marry you or not, he is going to try and picture what that marriage will be like. In order for him to want to that picture has to be clear, happy, drama free, and serene. I guarantee you right now that picture for him is none of those things.

This:
Quote:
I wear my heart on my sleeve and can cry or get my feelings hurt in a instance. I have always been this way. I hear things one way when someone could mean another.

That is a huge flaw and one that can have an enormous weight on any relationship. You need to figure out the underlying issues that cause you to be that way and get them straightened out before you make an expectation of anyone to be understanding and ok with that emotional issue. A man who accepts that as ok with his woman is not healthy and probably has codependent tendancies.

Quote:
I prb should have added that bf and I argue alot. It use to be about marriage and the pressure with being intimate. I take blame for that mostly. BUT alot of it is communication. Please dont misread this. BF and I have alot of different opinions on things and ways to approach things. I jump in and he researches the life out of it.

You tend to say a lot how you probably should have mentioned something. There is a reason you do not mention all of it and that is because you see the flaws already and do not want to deal with the rest of us pointing them out. Again, another shining example of how you are not ready to be in a healthy relationship.

Quote:
I love to pamper my man, as did I with ex. This can be a bad things though. Sometimes I feel like I am being taken advantage of when doing this. I mean if someone can lay back and let someone else do for them and that person does it gladly then it becomes a habit. Sometimes I feel this way with bf. Even though he does things for me I feel I do more for him. I know also that it should be a contest and I dont mean to make it that way.

You do not mean to make it that way and yet you do. A healthy person gives unto others with no expectations of reciprocation. It's not a contest and if you are giving of yourself for any other reason than that it makes YOU happy to do for others, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Quote:
My bf plays a game online and it takes up alot of time and the Pastor feels with the pressure of trying to lay this down along with my pressure of marriage, it is NOT helping our situation.

First of all a disclaimer: This is not about the pirate and I do not blanket this statement for all gamers!

Gamers who play all the time are hiding from reality. They cloak themselves into this unreal world because they find a joy in it that they do not find in their own lives. The prefer to spend their time in the fake world over spending time in the real world with you. The red flag on this is the size of Texas.......... Your pressure of marriage will lead to more gaming not less.

I apologize in advance if you feel this was harsh or too straight forward. I just read this and watched as almost the entire post screamed out for help. I am going to close with a very simple question and leave that as your food for thought, because you really need to think about this.

Are you scared to be alone with yourself and forced to face the issues that you need to fix on your own?

Ian
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/28/11 06:44 AM
The way you describe your relationship with your BF screams codependancy and dysfunction to me. Is that what you want in your next relationship after your marriage ended?

Please tell me how it shows codependancy and dysfunction. No that is not what I want. I am trying to figure things out. Can you explain?

He clearly sees the issues that you have and the way that you try and manipulate the conversations. You ask him if he loves you and he says yes and you have to add on the "with all your heart" crap. Meaning him just loving you is simply not good enough?

WOW....he said this word for word. He said he felt like I was always trying to measure things.

he is going to try and picture what that marriage will be like. In order for him to want to that picture has to be clear, happy, drama free, and serene. I guarantee you right now that picture for him is none of those things.

He also said this to me several times. He said I am confusing him. He said I was making him think twice. He loves me but doesnt want to get stuck in a marriage with me questioning things day after day.

That is a huge flaw and one that can have an enormous weight on any relationship. You need to figure out the underlying issues that cause you to be that way and get them straightened out before you make an expectation of anyone to be understanding and ok with that emotional issue.

Did you read what I wrote happened in my childhood. It is a couple pages back I think. I have been trying to figure it out. I honestly feel like I have been abandaned all my life.

You do not mean to make it that way and yet you do. A healthy person gives unto others with no expectations of reciprocation. It's not a contest and if you are giving of yourself for any other reason than that it makes YOU happy to do for others, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

You are right! That is why I said I dont mean for it to be that way, because I am not really like taht. BUT I guess I am trying to find flaws in him maybe.

Gamers who play all the time are hiding from reality.

As far as the gaming goes, he has always played this game. He plays with his brother sometimes. BUT I do agree it es escaping from life because my son does the same exact thing.

Are you scared to be alone with yourself and forced to face the issues that you need to fix on your own?

No need to say you are sorry. I appreciate your time.

And to answer your question....honestly I am wanting to desperately fix my prbs. but dont know how. I am NOT afraid to face them...I WANT to face them. As far as being alone. I have NEVER liked being alone. I LOVE to talk and could talk to anyone anytime about anything usually. I LOVE company. On top of this I guess its where I have had abandandment issues. Any help or advice is welcome. I dont want to be codependent Again!

Thanks Again,
Renee
I suggest you look up Co-dependants Anonymous.

HERE ARE A FEW CHARACTERISTICS OF CODEPENDENTS:

- Feel most comfortable when they are giving
- Find needy people to take care of
- Try to please others instead of themselves
- Have an overdeveloped sense of responsibility
- Feel anxiety, pity, and guilt when other people have a problem
- Wonder why people don't do for them
- Feel victimized by the "selfishness" of others
- Try to be all things to all people all the time
- Have difficulty saying "no" and/or setting boundaries
- Feel empty and bored when they are not involved in a crisis
- Seek out chaos and then complain about it
- Get angry when somebody refuses their help or doesn't take their advice
- Tend of have a self-esteem that is connected to "doing"
- Try to prove that they are good enough to be loved
- Are afraid of making mistakes
- Are easily offended by other's "rudeness" or "insincerity" or "uncaring attitude"
- Can become self-righteous with phrases like "I would NEVER do that...."
- Try to be perfect, and expect others to be perfect
- Have self-blame and put themselves down
- Must be in control at all times
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/28/11 01:30 PM
wow thats so me!
Posted By: Andabelle Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 02/28/11 09:29 PM
I don't think I can say the name of this author without violating the rules, but google "inner child" and you'll find him. He writes about how people can recover from childhood abuse and abandonment issues.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/01/11 05:31 AM
thanks andabelle!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/03/11 06:21 AM
i really like divorce remedy.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/07/11 07:16 AM
bump........
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/10/11 05:26 AM
what has happened to you Ian? You asked me a question and now you have disappeared! lol
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/13/11 08:58 AM
bump......
Posted By: sofaraway Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/14/11 01:17 AM
Quote:
Please tell me how it shows codependancy and dysfunction. No that is not what I want. I am trying to figure things out. Can you explain?

See Cylla's post with a list of characteristics. You match a lot of them in your relationship.

Quote:
WOW....he said this word for word. He said he felt like I was always trying to measure things.

He's right! Like I said before I do not personally think you are in the right place to even be in a relationship right now. This stood out to me because most people would be thrilled with simply knowing their partner loves them, but you need more.

Quote:
He loves me but doesnt want to get stuck in a marriage with me questioning things day after day.

I was questioning his motives early on in things and wondering why he was avoiding marriage. Now I am starting to believe he is smarter than I thought and actually realizes what a marriage to you in your current mindset would be. It is too much pressure for a guy if he knows already that his responses are not good enough. Men are simple creature when it comes to communication and if you want to make it difficult for him then he will continue to feel this way.

Quote:
As far as the gaming goes, he has always played this game. He plays with his brother sometimes. BUT I do agree it es escaping from life because my son does the same exact thing.

How does the yard look? How is the honeydew list looking? Is he playing the game more than he is spending time with you? I do not care who he plays with, online gaming is an addiction if it in anyway interferes with your quality of life and ability to accomplish needed tasks within the framework of your home. Here is a simple question that your boy cannot answer for you honestly. Would he rather be playing that game or talking to you?

Ok I will finish with this. I work full time, I am a single parent to my 17 year old daughter, I go to school full time, I coparent my 14 year old son, I bowl in a league just to have some social life, and I also have a lot of friends who i have a hard time keeping in touch with. It may take a month for me to come back on here and respond, and the fact that you approached the fact that I had not responded yet, kind of scream out to me exactly what I have been trying to tell you.

You need to do some work on yourself Renee and get to a place where you are comfortable being alone. Where you do not need anyone telling you what you need to do. Where you are comfortable in your own skin. Are you seeing a therapist? If not I do reccomend it, for you not you and him.

Ian
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/21/11 06:20 AM
most people would be thrilled with simply knowing their partner loves them, but you need more.

WHY do I need more? I wish I knew. You are right, this SHOULD be enough. I think I am scared to death.

I was questioning his motives early on in things and wondering why he was avoiding marriage.

He wants to make sure he doesnt jump in TOO quick. He says he wants to make sure we can get along. He is SCARD TOO. PLUS it doesnt help matters the way I am.

Would he rather be playing that game or talking to you?

I asked him this and he said sometimes game sometimes me. He is a pretty honest guy.....or seems to be to me. He says i is addicting and knows he should be doing other things. He has admitted this and is trying to do better and he is.

Thanks Ian and no I am not seeing a therapist. I can not afford one. I can however tak to my Pastor and I do.

On another note.....my son told his girlfriend that I left his dad. This concerns me because why would he say that, he knows what his dad did. I really miss my boy.

Renee
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/26/11 06:23 AM
bump...
Posted By: tadpole1025 Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/26/11 08:59 AM
[quote]On another note.....my son told his girlfriend that I left his dad. This concerns me because why would he say that, he knows what his dad did. I really miss my boy.{/quote}

How old is your son? He's probably been "convinced" of all kinds of things....just my opinion.

Tad
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/28/11 10:27 PM
Tad my son will be 21 in June. I assume he is ashamed of what his dad did, and therefore blames me. He knows. He is still really inmature at this point.
I just wish I could see him for 5 mins. I miss hm soooo badly.

I posted on your thread but will post it here too.

Today I called where my x works. I have a friend there. I was surprised when xh answered the phone. It went like this:

XH: Hello this is ......, can i help you?
ME: How is Allen? (I try to ask him thinking if maybe he knows I am ONLY concerned about our son (which I am), he may tell me how son is doing.
XH: What?
ME: How is our son?
XH: Click...hung up as usual.

It's been over 2 yrs., he is remarried with a new baby and is STILL angry! I will NEVER understand.

Renee
Posted By: Andabelle Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/28/11 11:13 PM
Why didn't you just ask to speak to your friend?

Your X is a mean one. Don't give him any more opportunities to knock you down.
Posted By: sofaraway Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/29/11 02:32 AM
I do not get it Renee? Why the hell would you say anything to him? Sometimes we get the response we get simply because we asked for it.

One more thing, stop assuming anything and just be for God's sake. You need to try and remember one thing, you do not know anything until you hear it straight from the source.

Ian
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/29/11 05:30 AM
I havent spoken to my son in over a yr. and a half. I miss him terribly. I worry about my son, I cant help it. I dont know how he is doing, dont know if he is going to school or if he needs anything. I want my son to know I am here for him always, he has had to deal with this divorce too.
I ONLY speak to my ex because of my son. I guess I thought he may say "hes fine" or something? I mean we are adults, what the heck is his prb.?
Ian I cant help but miss my son and worry about him. I feel so guilty for pushing him to live his his dad.
I guess I thought one day.....maybe one day my xh will come to his senses and realize there is NO NEED for all this anger.
He threw me off track this morning...any chance I get to ask about my son, I try and take my chances. Like I said, I cant help it, I love him and miss him so much.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/29/11 05:39 AM
Andabelle, x and I had to go to court months back over him not signing the title over to me on MY vehicle that I got in the divorce.
When we were in front of the judge my ex laid his paperwork on the judges desk instead of the podium where we were suppose to stand. The bailiff asked my x to remove his stuff from the desk and my x raised his voice and said..."I can not be near her, I have issues with her"...the bailiff said. "do what I tell you, you are in court and I am here to protect you".....sarcastically.
You would not believe the anger in his voice.
the man HATES ME!
I pray for him and his anger. I also pray for my son. I dont want anything to stand between my son and I. If it means eating crow, than so be it. He is my only child and it breaks my heart like nobody knows.
Posted By: Andabelle Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/29/11 03:06 PM
I know it is awful... but especially after what happened in court, you have to know your X is not going to communicate with you. You found out your S told his GF you left his dad--- how? You have a friend in your X's workplace... maybe you have a couple back channels via which you can get info re: your S without going through your X.

As long as you know your he's okay, you should leave him alone.
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/29/11 10:18 PM
I dont want to get my friend involved because she is xh's boss. I dont want to ask her to find out anything.
My sons gf added me on fb and told me she knew everything that had happened and went on to say some things that son had told her. She thought I was on drugs. (cant believe that), and that son told her I left his dad. I told her the truth then told her I could not be on her page on fb. I thought about it and I didnt want my son to think I am spying on him or getting in his business. That would only make things worse. Although I would love to know what he is doing. I just cant do that. I dont talk to her much and actually I think she and my son have broke it off.
So I sit and wonder and pray. I pray that the anger will leave his dad and he will come to his senses someday and realize I am NOT the enemy in this. I just figured it had been two yrs. I mean two yrs. Do they really stay angry that long?????
I have never heard of anyone on here being that angry that long. I am in fear that if my son needed me, my xh would not contact me. In fact, I know he wouldnt. BUT I can NOT make my xh talk to me, and be civil to me. Andabelle he has a wife and is happy. I DO NOT want him back adn he knows this. BUT we cant erase that we have a son together. Do you agree?
Posted By: braveheart Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/30/11 02:42 AM
Renee, sorry, but I call it like I see it and I call B.S. on your excuse to call your XH. You know beyond any reasoning that this man will not talk to you no matter what! Why didn't you just call your son? Please stop trying to make your XH talk to you! Let it go! Your son is a grown man, call him! If he doesn't want to talk to you, fine, but quit trying to use your son as an excuse to see if you can get your XH to speak to you! I don't mean to sound harsh, but lets get real, this isn't a little boy, your son is a 21 year old man!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/30/11 07:10 AM
Braveheart believe what you want but this time you are WRONG!
First off you need to reread what i wrote. I DID NOT call my xh. He answered the phone and while I had the chance I asked about our son.....or tried to.
I cant call my son because he changed his number and I dont have it and cant get it.
BH I dont want my xh to talk to me. If I could contact my son I could care less if he ever talked to me. I have someone in my life and I have moved on. BUT I will NOT move on from without my son in my life. Where my son wants to be in it right now or not. I am STILL HIS MOTHER and I still worry about him and always will. Why do you think I want my xh to speak to me????? He is remarried with a baby. I will not EVER be the person my xh is. If he walked up to me today and spoke nice I would speak back BUT not because I NEED to. Only because he is my sons father and will be grandparents some day, if my son chooses.
It really amazes me that you think this. Do you think I dont have a need to speak to my son? Do you think I am making all this up? Really come on BH. Its been 2 yrs and one and half of that I havent spoken with my son. My xh is the last thing on my mind right now....honestly.
Posted By: TRUSTING Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/30/11 09:06 PM
I am sorry you are going through all this. Like you, I have a very mean and nasty mid-lifer. It is going on 5 years and he is still extremely angry. Just last week me and my brothers ran into ex at a restaurant and ex was beyond angry. He said some very nasty things to me. They have not dealt with all their issues. Behind all the anger is fear and pain.
Posted By: Andabelle Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/30/11 09:21 PM
Unfortunately some of them stay P.O.'d forever. You can't expect your X to be rational or reasonable, because he just isn't. I know it isn't right, but there's nothing you can do to change it.

2 years is not that long in MLC Land.
Posted By: Andabelle Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/30/11 09:22 PM
And there is always the possibility your S's ex-girlfriend is a little liar...
Posted By: braveheart Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/30/11 10:22 PM
Renee, I realize you called the number not expecting the XH to answer, but you did recognize his voice and you did ask about your son. This man has taken restraining orders for you in the past, has made it clear he never wishes to speak to you again, ever. So, knowing the facts; What in God's green earth ever gave you the idea to speak to him about anything? Do you have a right to worry about your son? SURE! Do you have the right to try to talk to your son? SURE! Renee, listen to me, please, do not under any circumstances try to talk to this man again about ANYTHING!! Btw.... You could have gotten your son's phone number from his girlfriend when you spoke to her on facebook.........
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/31/11 08:16 AM
Trusting it says in your sig that he asked for forgiveness. He must not hate u too bad. Thank u for being concerned. Not talking to my child is very heartbreaking. I thought the divorce was bad...but it doesn't compare.

BH, I could have asked his gf for the number but... 1. She prb wouldn't have given it to me because she knows how son feels right now.....and 2. I wouldn't want to put her in the middle, as bad as I want to speak to him, I have got to let him come to me. I have got to let God handle it. Besides he would do what his father did and hang up

And...as far as xh...well I should have known better to even try to ask him anything. I guess I just keep hoping after so long maybe his anger will dissipate. I keep hoping that the man I married yrs. ago is still in there somewhere. I am naive I guess. I have a really big heart and could never hold a grudge. I am very forgiving and actually for hat I thank God.

Take care guys!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: Hello.....Thought I Would Update! - 03/31/11 08:18 AM
Lol for THAT I meant to say.
© DivorceBusting.com