Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 12/01/06 03:54 AM
Hearts Blessing
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 12/01/06 10:03 PM
amyb
Posted By: job Re: MLC Successes! - 12/01/06 10:05 PM
JamesJohn,

Don't forget DebM and AlexN!
Posted By: MissH Re: MLC Successes! - 12/01/06 10:09 PM
I love reading these MLC success stories. Makes me not give up!
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 12/01/06 10:20 PM
Thanks Snodderly!! Keep 'em coming everyone!!!

DebM
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 12/01/06 10:40 PM
AlexN
Posted By: EvolvingMe Re: MLC Successes! - 12/02/06 01:49 AM
Were there any men successful with serious MLC/WAW?
Posted By: job Re: MLC Successes! - 12/03/06 12:56 PM
JamesJohn,
JeanS was another success story from the UK.
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 12/06/06 06:35 PM
Thanks again! Here she is....

JeanS
Posted By: OnHoldAZ Re: MLC Successes! - 12/13/06 10:01 PM
Yes.
My short post on DB

This is not my primary board - so I don't get over here much. But what do you consider
Quote:

serious MLC/WAW?

Post to my post above - I'll try to find your posts also. It is hard to keep up with all the boards when life returns - one of my W's pre-MLC problems was "you spend too much time on the computer"..............
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 03/25/07 05:36 AM

sam908
Posted By: Dom R Re: MLC Successes! - 05/15/07 01:18 AM
Whole buncha "successful women". not a lot of "successful men" in this thread, seems like \:\(

[would be nice if moderator would go back and edit to indicate gender of person involved]
Posted By: Just_Me Re: MLC Successes! - 05/23/07 09:15 PM
There are different types of success. Here's one...she ended up divorced, but she was successful in saving herself. \:\)

I'm getting ready to head down to Florida for a couple of days. I have a friend who lives in Safety Harbor not too far from the ocean. I'm looking forward to the break from my real life if only for a few days, but I still have to contend with my real life until Thursday.

In dealing with that life I realize that although things have drastically changed life keeps getting better. I'd never want to go through anything like this again, but I have a freedom that I've never had, or at least not for a very long time.
I know I'm not alone in saying this but when the dust settles it feels as though a weight has been lifted from our shoulders. I feel nothing like I originally thought I would after the divorce, but I know from reading so many threads that this is so common. When you're knee deep in it you just can't understand. What was most important was keeping my family together at any cost which meant I totally overlooked the fact that I was empty and tired from working so hard to keep it together. It kept me in a place where I believed that this was my fault and I must be deserving of this betrayal. The way back in searching for my North Star was a long one, and there were times when I wanted to give up, in the end it was worth the wait.

Living with someone who suffers from depression (which I'm sure most people in MLC battle)takes us down with them. It zaps your soul and steals your spirit. The great thing is that with time and work on ourselves we are resilient and we can get it all back. I guess I'm saying this because in reading the MLC board I still see a very common mistake. We seem to think that divorce means everything that brought joy to our lives is over. I know I did but what is it that's over? We don't take into consideration that while we're trying to fend this off we are scared, and hopeless and at someone else's mercy. I think now that the very worst thing we can do is to give someone else our power and underestimate our worth. Maybe our worth isn't much to someone in MLC but it certainly is to our kids, family, friends, and most importantly should be to ourselves.

I say this because I see so many people that I care about here just starting the process or in the middle of the storm. Sometimes it looks as if there's no end in sight, and maybe we never will be completely over it, but that doesn't change the fact that we do heal and we can be happy again.
Posted By: forward Re: MLC Successes! - 06/21/07 01:57 AM
Can we start to post a few more in here? Just thought I would ask.
Posted By: Dom R Re: MLC Successes! - 06/29/07 10:02 PM
And if we do, lets limit it to Marital Recovery Successes, not
"personal successes", please?

I can go read about "personal successes" on some other self-help site. I come here to read about marital recovery successes.

Hearing about more successful Men surviving wife's MLC, would be quite nice to hear about.
Posted By: fandgmom Re: MLC Successes! - 09/01/07 02:02 AM
My situation was a success \:\) Not sure if anyone remembers me but you can look up my old posts. It's been a year since H moved back home! Things are going fabulous - I am so thankful and I honestly wouldn't change what happened/what we went through. Our marriage has never been better.

There IS hope all!
Posted By: Hopeful Re: MLC Successes! - 09/04/07 10:05 AM
Wonder Woman was one of the first to get her marriage back on track. There were some funny stories there. By the way, that was about five years ago and it is still going strong.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: MLC Successes! - 09/04/07 12:11 PM
Hopeful!

Wow - what a surprise to see you here. I have mentioned Wonder Woman a few times recently as a success with an MLC H. Her story is cute. You should post it.

Annette Miller was on these boards 4 years ago. Her H was gone for app a year, living with OW. She had 3 small children including a baby. OW even cared for and fed her baby! I thought it was horrible. I thought Annette was in a real Cake Walk situation since her H still came back regularly for sex. We all warned her about the emotional implications and especially to protect herself from disease. But maybe she was on to something. Her H DID come back. Last I heard they were building a new house together.

Barb
Posted By: theotherhalf Re: MLC Successes! - 10/11/07 10:21 PM
can you post your sitch? Congratulations on your R! God Bless you and your M.

Thanks OTH
Posted By: job Re: MLC Successes! - 10/17/07 07:37 PM
NEWBIES! Hope - List of Restored Marriages!
Posted By: FlyingOnMyOwnStill Re: MLC Successes! - 11/19/07 04:09 AM
Hello Snodderly.

Flying here. I thought I would fly on in and see if anyone is still here. Can't believe the familiar names still here on the site. I think of you all every now and then. Been really busy with the rollercoaster. Thought I would have been off years ago.
It has been a long road since July 8, 2000.

Are you still getting together each year?

Flying....still on the high road.
Posted By: BarbieDoll Re: MLC Successes! - 11/20/07 02:50 AM
Hey Flying!

Remember me? Travelbarb! Some of us who are still around can be found over on Surviving. Most don't post much but I still do.

I've been divorced now for 2.5 years. H married maggot. Kids still won't meet her - their choice.

I'm in a new R that is good for me. I'm free to be me but have company on the w/e and trips etc.

What are you up to?

Barb
Posted By: sgctxok Re: MLC Successes! - 02/21/08 05:41 AM
Cinders list of restored marriages
Posted By: Cinderellaman Re: MLC Successes! - 02/21/08 07:32 AM
Sg,

Thanks for not deleting this....I came to the boards and couldn't find the list of restored marriages...I was in shock...felt that hope had once again left the building...

But thanks for leaving it in !

Our own life is most important...but there is nothing wrong in leaving a little treasure of hope in our hearts !

Much love to all those trying to survive the rollercoaster ! Remember...you can get off at any time...if you CHOOSE to !
Posted By: sgctxok Re: MLC Successes! - 02/21/08 09:27 PM
Oh, no...it's great. I'm just trying to consolidate!
Posted By: tomcat65 Re: MLC Successes! - 02/27/08 04:43 PM
How come I cant find any stories about Mlc about women coming back?Only men
Posted By: sgctxok Re: MLC Successes! - 03/01/08 12:16 AM
Hmmm...maybe it's PERCEPTION.

Sometimes women are classified as WAW, men are classified as MLC.

Folks will argue those things ad nauseum. But in my own situation.......after YEARS of trying to figure out the REASONS...and finding DB (when the student is ready, the teacher will appear) ... the only thing you can control is what you DO, how you TREAT each other.

Some will argue it's simplistic. But it's the truth.

That said....everyone looks at things differently.

DB is about DOING.
Posted By: Arthur Re: MLC Successes! - 04/17/08 11:24 AM
I'm a bit confused. I open the first one, then there is just loads more links. What is this exactly ?

I'm interested in reading about W's with MLC and how H worked their magic.
Posted By: confusedinva Re: MLC Successes! - 05/28/08 02:38 PM
I wish I could work some magic right about now. I'm hurting like never before.
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 05/31/08 04:56 PM
fandgmom
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 06/01/08 07:03 PM
SRACHELLE4
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 06/07/08 05:03 PM
NeedingLove
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 06/07/08 05:32 PM
saranne
Posted By: Jamesjohn Re: MLC Successes! - 06/07/08 06:05 PM
cmd
Posted By: sleeper Re: MLC Successes! - 06/30/08 05:26 PM
I just realized an mlc "success" of which I am aware.

My boss had a mlc a few years ago. I've spoken to her several times in an attempt to understand what is going on with my X-W. She left her husband and the very nice home they were building to live with another man. I asked her what caused her to go back to her husband. She responded;

"One day I was sitting on the patio relaxing and having a drink with my boyfriend and I realized I could be at home doing the same thing with _______."

Proof some really do wake up?
Posted By: Nutty Chick Re: MLC Successes! - 07/10/08 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: sleeper
I just realized an mlc "success" of which I am aware.

My boss had a mlc a few years ago. I've spoken to her several times in an attempt to understand what is going on with my X-W. She left her husband and the very nice home they were building to live with another man. I asked her what caused her to go back to her husband. She responded;

"One day I was sitting on the patio relaxing and having a drink with my boyfriend and I realized I could be at home doing the same thing with _______."

Proof some really do wake up?

One day, I had been to town with OM… just drinking coffee and chatting. I came home and found my H and son on the living room floor chatting and playing a game….. It was at that moment that my heart started to thaw., I can’t remember a lot about my experience with OM .. but that one moment stands out to me as the time that it started to feel so wrong.

Nutty.
Posted By: sgctxok Re: MLC Successes! - 08/13/08 10:10 PM
Yellowrose
Jack_Three_Beans
brand_new_day
Posted By: fishobx Re: MLC Successes! - 11/26/08 03:30 AM
Hmmm...I think I'm ready to be on this list :-)

fishobx
Posted By: brueniap Re: MLC Successes! - 12/12/08 02:05 PM
i missed this post fish.........HOW ARE YOU??????? Update please!!!
Posted By: sunshinelewis Re: MLC Successes! - 12/17/08 10:08 PM
How do I find these success stories, when I click on the link posted it takes me to the home page.
Posted By: MissingMyHubby Re: MLC Successes! - 06/24/09 12:31 AM
POST DELETED

SPAM
Posted By: imLIN Re: MLC Successes! - 12/20/09 12:06 AM
imLin

H has been home since 2006 after almost 2 years gone!
Posted By: lost1234 Re: MLC Successes! - 12/20/09 03:10 PM
this is encouraging to keep my chin held high! ty!
Posted By: pandora Re: MLC Successes! - 04/12/10 04:08 PM
I'm having the same issue. All the links keep taking me to the homepage. I would love to read these stories!
Posted By: Cadet Re: MLC Successes! - 04/12/10 04:20 PM
Quote:
I'm having the same issue. All the links keep taking me to the homepage. I would love to read these stories!
Start from the end of the thread and work your way forward. The older links don't work but the newer ones seem OK.
Posted By: cat4554 Re: MLC Successes! - 12/13/10 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Quote:
Start from the end of the thread and work your way forward. The older links don't work but the newer ones seem OK.

I can't get this to work as well. WHY ?
Posted By: Croppin Re: MLC Successes! - 04/15/11 06:13 PM
Love this thread!
Posted By: lisacul Re: MLC Successes! - 04/26/11 09:42 PM
How do I find ImLin's thread or story ?
Posted By: Cadet Re: MLC Successes! - 09/02/12 01:45 PM
Jack/Moderators

I have restored this thread with all links working, please consider unsticking this one and resticking the new one.

Thanks.
© DivorceBusting.com