Divorcebusting.com
Old Thread:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2818550#Post2818550

Very nervous about meeting. But very needed. No other options since they have all failed.
I was wrong. I should have kept my mouth shut Saturday. I’m hurting as much as i did when this sitch started. And now my workweek begins.

I’m back in hell.
Buck up man. You are only in Hell if you choose to be. All these sitchs are terrible no one deserves this torture. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. However, force yourself into the perspective that the glass is half full. Focus on work, do the best you can. Be the best you can given the circumstances. We are here for you.
What's more upsetting is that I thought I was making tangible progress. Maybe this time now I should not just say "No expectations" but APPLYING the no expectations rule?
Originally Posted by pain18
What's more upsetting is that I thought I was making tangible progress. Maybe this time now I should not just say "No expectations" but APPLYING the no expectations rule?

Yes. This.

The sooner you can drop expectations the better off you'll be, no matter what ends up happening. Our expectations are almost always what sets us up for failure.
Work is a great opportunity to detach. Leave your problems at the door and get to work!

She said we’re separated numerous times but did not drop the D bomb. I did say it was now a viable option. She fired back telling me that it’s going to be as painful as what we’re feeling now. I countered by saying that if it gives me a ticket to closing this awful chapter in my life I will do it. Her voice cracked when I said D. I needed to say it. I’m done being taken hostage to her actions.

To me, this shows that she isn't sure of divorce being what she wants. She cracked a little. Even though you were emotional, you told her you were strong enough to divorce to get to a better state. I think that statement shows a lot. And her reaction shows that she doesn't really want that either, or at least she hasn't decided yet. I think your strength, confidence, and lack of pursuit going forward will really be the difference in your situation. If you can detach emotionally from your W and just see the forest here, you can act in accordance with your values as a man instead of reacting to her childish actions. Do this even when it's hard.

Take back your power by detaching from her. Don't give her the security of plan B by pursuing and sharing your emotions with her. She wants that. But she doesn't want you, not really. So don't give her the pieces she wants without everything.
Originally Posted by ovrrnbw
Work is a great opportunity to detach. Leave your problems at the door and get to work!

She said we’re separated numerous times but did not drop the D bomb. I did say it was now a viable option. She fired back telling me that it’s going to be as painful as what we’re feeling now. I countered by saying that if it gives me a ticket to closing this awful chapter in my life I will do it. Her voice cracked when I said D. I needed to say it. I’m done being taken hostage to her actions.

To me, this shows that she isn't sure of divorce being what she wants. She cracked a little. Even though you were emotional, you told her you were strong enough to divorce to get to a better state. I think that statement shows a lot. And her reaction shows that she doesn't really want that either, or at least she hasn't decided yet. I think your strength, confidence, and lack of pursuit going forward will really be the difference in your situation. If you can detach emotionally from your W and just see the forest here, you can act in accordance with your values as a man instead of reacting to her childish actions. Do this even when it's hard.

Take back your power by detaching from her. Don't give her the security of plan B by pursuing and sharing your emotions with her. She wants that. But she doesn't want you, not really. So don't give her the pieces she wants without everything.

This is a purely emotional thing I'm going to say now and there is some offensive language...Ready?

I'm going make the bitch work for her s*it now. She wants out? I'll give it to her. I'm willing to lose damn near everything, if it means I get another chance at happiness. And she damn well knows that. I deserve happiness. And I deserve closure. I am going to take charge of it and I will make it happen for me. If she wants to admit her f*ckups and give us another go, the door is always open. But I'm through with her WAW ways. I'm done being patient.

Also, her uncle is separated from his W. They've been split for a year+ ( S not D) now but have their own R with different folks now. She assumes that her and I can do the same. I don't think I communicated that clearly because she hasn't brought it up, but I do know that it's not what I want.

What a mess.

It sounds like the conversation escalated quickly and badly. I guess that's what they say don't engage in R talks if you can avoid it. But I know that when your hurting you just want to hurt back. Maybe even jar them into snapping out of their madness. I've been there (before I found out about MLC). In the months post BD when I didn't know which way was up and which way was down I would swing from demanding he move out to begging him to stay. In fact, it was after a particularly painful MC session that I first said he should move out. The last R talk we had (no 2 this year) he brought out formalising the S and I said "why don't you just file the D papers. What's the point in going through an S". He walked out of the room, got in his car and the next day it was like the conversation never happened. In fact, he spent the next day cleaning and polishing my car. For no apparent reason.

I know it's tough. Take some time out, let the emotions subside a little. Decide if D is what you really want. Things may be different when you take all the hightened emotions out of the equation. Or they may not. But examine your reasons for wanting the D in a more rational frame of mind.

BTW - the S and D talk was 2 weeks ago. He has not mentioned S or D since. I bet your W doesn't mention it again for a while either.

Hows the GAL going?
Originally Posted by FlySolo

I know it's tough. Take some time out, let the emotions subside a little. Decide if D is what you really want. Things may be different when you take all the hightened emotions out of the equation. Or they may not. But examine your reasons for wanting the D in a more rational frame of mind.

It started in the afternoon when D4 told me about their continued demonstration of PDA in front of her. I calmly asked her to stop. W denied it but I do not believe her. She is lying. While I have not told that yet, I have fully embraced that NOTHING she says is true. I then made a mistake of telling her that I am getting tired of this. I told her that she knows what I want and I cannot convince her. She acknowledged at all of the positive changes I made and I validated them, followed by telling her the weight of the S is taking a toll on me and I do not know how much more I can take. Civil conversation.

Then I saw the emails later that evening and I crashed. Hard.

I did not mention to her that I saw them...yet.

But I told her that I cannot deal with this anymore. And how can I? She's slowly killing me and she has the audacity to say that she is worried about my health for D4. I told her that D4 and I will be fine. I again repeated that I want this painful chapter in my life to be over so I can be happy again without this weight on me.

D is not what I want at all. But my options have practically run out. And it was ME who brought up D. Not her. She does not want it and refused to say that word. I had the brevity to say it because again if it will break me free, I will do it. I refuse to stay in limbo any longer than I need to.

Originally Posted by FlySolo

Hows the GAL going?

Total failure last weekend. Tried to play with D4 and take my mind off things, but I mostly stayed in bed and cried. I popped two Xanax last night just so that I can catch up on needed sleep. I lift tonight then I go to my home to sleep in MY bed. I am really trying to GAL but it's getting harder and harder. I work until late then I have to lift. After that, I pray and drive back. When W is with OM I have D4, in which I try to engage with but it's very hard to keep up. I need to be a better father to her especially in this difficult time.

Do not reveal your sources!

Just Let her know you are done with the deceptive behavior and lies....

H:"W, Stop, we both know you are lying. When you are ready to be honest with me, I will listen." and walk away.
Originally Posted by Ready2Change

Do not reveal your sources!

Just Let her know you are done with the deceptive behavior and lies....

H:"W, Stop, we both know you are lying. When you are ready to be honest with me, I will listen." and walk away.

I need this beaten into my head.

I need this beaten into my head.

Start here:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2045336#Post2045336
I am in the middle of a text fight between me and W regarding taking D4 to OMs place. I put my foot down and said “no”.

And she is mad.

Here we go “being a man”.
Stick to your boundaries, I know we have no control when it comes to our WS taking the kids to AP, but as a parent we have a right to stand up for what we believe is good for our children. I am with you, not that I have any control or have been able to stop it in anyway but I still HATE it when my D3.5 talks to OW and I have told WH that.
You are watching out for your D4, as any good father would do.

Pain, I am sorry to hear this. I do not have any recommendations other that control your anger. Do not let it get physical. Do not get baited into any altercations.

Get legal advice asap.

R2C
Divorce is likely. W does not want assets and want this done as quickly and painlessly as possible. Likely going to give her m 401k balance to help, but I don't know yet. More to come.

Sad but not devastated anymore. I'm tired of the anxiety.

I have no idea what to do next. I'm just wanting sex now. Like no joke.
You're really hurting right now. You need to settle down still my man. This is tough. You are tougher.
Ovr,

We basically surrendered last night. The M is over. Vanilla was right. W is in a transitional R.

This is me truly letting go. This is me surrendering. This is me accepting that our R is truly over.

No busting this D. It’s likely to happen

I’m tired. Tired of fighting a losing battle. Tired of the anxiety and sleepless nights. And tired or putting hope into something that a left a long time ago.

I am terribly sad.
Well P, time to stand for yourself. Get the strength to start moving forward. Detach more, get your non expectations bag and start the walk. You need to regain respect P. Be there for your little girl but get away from your W. She is WW and you can’t do anything for her...but you can do everything for you. Set yourself free from MR, protect yourself.

Take your time to rest, ease your mind. Keep on working on yourself. Time to taking care of Pain now. You know you need to GAL man. Renew efforts to achieve that.

We are here to listen to you P. You are not alone.

Sending you a big hug man.

(((Pain)))
Today is going to suck. It’s like day 1 all over again.
Morning prayers. Getting D4 ready for school.

I'm feeling very heavy hearted and do not want to go to work today. I also don't want to drive D4 to school, deal with clients, go to the gym, or make any plans. I just want to lay in bed and cry all day. I want to cry about an amazing woman I lost. I want to cry at the prolonged lack of affection that I'm facing, I want to cry about being single again, possibly into my 40s, I want to cry at the thought that I can never father children again, and I want to cry about coming home regularly to an empty home.

And I know I can't. Any scenario I am facing right now, I see hopelessness and loneliness...and it's just as ugly as it was when I dealt it pre-W.

I am going to in a lot of awful pain for a long time and I have no idea when/if it will end.
It's definitely a tough day when the realization that what was once a beautiful relationship is now irrevocably done and over with. For a long time in our sitches we delude ourselves, saying that we accept that the old relationship is over, but somewhere deep in our hearts it isn't true. We still cling to the old MR and think that if we just have the right opportunity to say the right thing it will all turn around. Then there comes a moment when it hits us like a ton of bricks that this new reality is actually real, that R is not a likely option and that most likely we will head down the path to D. That there is no turning back only an uncertain future. For me the pain was nearly as great as BD and it sent me into a depression that I struggled to come out of. So I understand what you are feeling right now.

That said, this is also the make it or break it moment. This is when you decide if all the changes you are making are really for you or if they were just made in hopes of R. This is when you get to decide if you are going to keep working on yourself to become AMOAFWL or if you are going to slide back into old patterns, or are going to numb yourself (with work, sex, drink, internet, etc...) It is often in these lowest moments that we can most clearly discover what our values truly are. Life has knocked us on our a#sses, but it is still our choice how to respond to that.

What do you value? What kind of man do you want to be in the future? That needs to be your focus.
Right now? I just want my D4 to have the best R with me, get myself in better physical shape, and do kickass work at my great job.
Right now? I just want my D4 to have the best R with me, get myself in better physical shape, and do kickass work at my great job.

Now put it into action.

As clichéd as it sounds. You are responsible for your own happiness. Don't focus on the things that you no longer have (this is fruitless). Focus on the things that you have and you can control. Start by writing down a list of all the things in your life you are grateful for - you've got part of the list in your last posting.

- I am grateful for D4. I will try and be the best dad I can for her. I will do this by being present when we are together.
- I am grateful that I am fit and healthy. I will build on this by going to the gym/running x times a week
- I am grateful that I have a job I enjoy and where I am appreciated. I will make an effort to see what opportunities/training is on offer and make sure they know I am interested.

and lastly ... as is repeated on this board many times: TIME IS YOUR FRIEND

So how about this one from me ... "I am grateful that I have the time and freedom to try new hobbies and interests. I will join a group and foster these interests and make new friends (I know this has been suggested before, but try meetup.com)"

Start your list. Read it every day.
Ovr,

We basically surrendered last night. The M is over. Vanilla was right. W is in a transitional R.

This is me truly letting go. This is me surrendering. This is me accepting that our R is truly over.

No busting this D. It’s likely to happen

I’m tired. Tired of fighting a losing battle. Tired of the anxiety and sleepless nights. And tired or putting hope into something that a left a long time ago.

I am terribly sad.

Of course you "surrendered". You pressured the hell out of her and right now it seems easier to quit to both of you. What was the point of all the pressure and pursuit the last few days? Did it do anything positive?

Even if you decided to divorce, the pressure is useless.

Of course you "surrendered". You pressured the hell out of her and right now it seems easier to quit to both of you. What was the point of all the pressure and pursuit the last few days? Did it do anything positive?

Even if you decided to divorce, the pressure is useless.

And I knew that last weekend. I knew when I called it was considered pursuit. I knew that the false signs I thought I perceived as positives was considered pursuit.

I do not know if there is an easier solution than divorcing. I just know that other than not doing anything it's the only choice I have left.

I am in a high emotional state right now. I am not going to make any decisions at this time right now.

I just need to get myself again to a better place. I am no longer focused on saving the marriage. I am focused on making myself happy. Whatever happens is going to happen. If W decides to give it another go, great. If I meet someone else and we hit it off, great.

I just don't want to be miserable anymore.

Where is the pressure in regards to divorce?

And W made it clear that since we're separated, her R with OM is not considered an affair, but a "healthy, caring relationship." I did not respond. I did not validate. I did not take the fight bait. I was stoic.
Originally Posted by Davide
It's definitely a tough day when the realization that what was once a beautiful relationship is now irrevocably done and over with. For a long time in our sitches we delude ourselves, saying that we accept that the old relationship is over, but somewhere deep in our hearts it isn't true. We still cling to the old MR and think that if we just have the right opportunity to say the right thing it will all turn around. Then there comes a moment when it hits us like a ton of bricks that this new reality is actually real, that R is not a likely option and that most likely we will head down the path to D. That there is no turning back only an uncertain future. For me the pain was nearly as great as BD and it sent me into a depression that I struggled to come out of. So I understand what you are feeling right now.

That said, this is also the make it or break it moment. This is when you decide if all the changes you are making are really for you or if they were just made in hopes of R. This is when you get to decide if you are going to keep working on yourself to become AMOAFWL or if you are going to slide back into old patterns, or are going to numb yourself (with work, sex, drink, internet, etc...) It is often in these lowest moments that we can most clearly discover what our values truly are. Life has knocked us on our a#sses, but it is still our choice how to respond to that.

What do you value? What kind of man do you want to be in the future? That needs to be your focus.

Thank you. The changes I am making will be worked to make it permanent. I do not drink anymore. I work to enjoy it but not obsess over it. I have phone addition problems, but that has been constant, and sex...I've been celibate for 10 months. If there is an opportunity for some release, I will go for it (safely).

Right now, I just want to get back on my own two feet and get through today. Then tomorrow, then the next day. That's it. That's all I care about achieving right now. I just want to make it to Friday.
That´s it: get out and face the wind. It´s up to you man. You have the strength to do it.
I just know that other than not doing anything it's the only choice I have left.

So do nothing. It's the best choice you have.

And W made it clear that since we're separated, her R with OM is not considered an affair, but a "healthy, caring relationship."

I read in a book about recovering from D that essentially all "transitional relationships" end, as they should. They are healthy, they are caring, under certain conditions. But they are not REAL.

We all talk about taking the time, you know, a year or two, to become prepared for a new R. How would a transitional R that began before D be healthy? It's an A, plain and simple, and it's destined for failure.

Set that aside, don't let it eat at you. Time will sort this all out.
Originally Posted by burned
I just know that other than not doing anything it's the only choice I have left.

So do nothing. It's the best choice you have.

And W made it clear that since we're separated, her R with OM is not considered an affair, but a "healthy, caring relationship."

I read in a book about recovering from D that essentially all "transitional relationships" end, as they should. They are healthy, they are caring, under certain conditions. But they are not REAL.

We all talk about taking the time, you know, a year or two, to become prepared for a new R. How would a transitional R that began before D be healthy? It's an A, plain and simple, and it's destined for failure.

Set that aside, don't let it eat at you. Time will sort this all out.

Thank you.
Hello Pain, I saw your request for me to look at your stitch and give my thoughts. I am in the process of reading it now. Before going further, there is something I think needs clarified. I read Vanilla's post about you having a WAW, not a wayward. I admire Vanilla very much and do not wish to post any disagreement with her advice. She was a WAW, herself. We are usually in agreement about WW's. So, I thought perhaps one of us misunderstood your first post where you told of your W making attractive changes in herself and later she admits to kissing a guy. She goes on to say she wants to have "hall-pass" on weekends. My question is, did you separate before she started taking these hall-passes, or after she announced she wanted it? She wanted hall passes in order for her to date, correct? I just want to be clear.

IMHO, waywardness begins in the heart. It is formed from unresolved resentment, disrespect, and finally....rebellion. Other negative issues are often included, but these three make up the main foundation. What I am saying is that waywardness is more than just overt behavior that is inappropriate for a spouse. It starts with her having these resentments she can't get past and it eventually affects her respect for her H as a man. When the respect is damaged, it kills her desire for him. A sexually starved MR is often the first sign her desire for him is waning. She may continue to live with him, raise a family, etc. However, she carries these feelings in her heart. She may show him some levels of disrespect by the way she talks to him, or puts him down as a man, etc. She may never physically cheat on him. IMHO, the physical cheating is not the only defining behavior of waywardness......but many H's don't get too concerned until they know another man has entered the picture. Many WW's have emotional affairs. Anyway, I explain more in my threads, "Help for the LBH with a WW".

I think, perhaps, Vanilla read your post to mean that the separation took place well before your W found a boyfriend and started dating. Like, when the couple has been apart for a while and then she finally dates someone...….which is different, (in my book), than wanting to separate in order to date other guys. Sometimes, they keep the OM hidden until S, and then suddenly he shows up after separation. smirk Anyway, I read it to mean she was maybe showing some signs of waywardness, admitted to kissing a guy and followed up with bomb drop of wanting hall passes......and then the separation followed. Maybe you can help clear it for us. In the meantime, I will finish reading your threads and get back soon.
Originally Posted by sandi2
Hello Pain, I saw your request for me to look at your stitch and give my thoughts. I am in the process of reading it now. Before going further, there is something I think needs clarified. I read Vanilla's post about you having a WAW, not a wayward. I admire Vanilla very much and do not wish to post any disagreement with her advice. She was a WAW, herself. We are usually in agreement about WW's. So, I thought perhaps one of us misunderstood your first post where you told of your W making attractive changes in herself and later she admits to kissing a guy. She goes on to say she wants to have "hall-pass" on weekends. My question is, did you separate before she started taking these hall-passes, or after she announced she wanted it? She wanted hall passes in order for her to date, correct? I just want to be clear.

IMHO, waywardness begins in the heart. It is formed from unresolved resentment, disrespect, and finally....rebellion. Other negative issues are often included, but these three make up the main foundation. What I am saying is that waywardness is more than just overt behavior that is inappropriate for a spouse. It starts with her having these resentments she can't get past and it eventually affects her respect for her H as a man. When the respect is damaged, it kills her desire for him. A sexually starved MR is often the first sign her desire for him is waning. She may continue to live with him, raise a family, etc. However, she carries these feelings in her heart. She may show him some levels of disrespect by the way she talks to him, or puts him down as a man, etc. She may never physically cheat on him. IMHO, the physical cheating is not the only defining behavior of waywardness......but many H's don't get too concerned until they know another man has entered the picture. Many WW's have emotional affairs. Anyway, I explain more in my threads, "Help for the LBH with a WW".

I think, perhaps, Vanilla read your post to mean that the separation took place well before your W found a boyfriend and started dating. Like, when the couple has been apart for a while and then she finally dates someone...….which is different, (in my book), than wanting to separate in order to date other guys. Sometimes, they keep the OM hidden until S, and then suddenly he shows up after separation. smirk Anyway, I read it to mean she was maybe showing some signs of waywardness, admitted to kissing a guy and followed up with bomb drop of wanting hall passes......and then the separation followed. Maybe you can help clear it for us. In the meantime, I will finish reading your threads and get back soon.

Thank you so much sandi. I await your insight to this. To answer your question: W brought up the hall-pass weekends two months before BD (kiss). She started dating OM one month after BD whist we were still in the trial separation phase. And when she brought up hall-passes she made it seem like it would benefit both of us, to which I have disagreed with constantly.

When her R with OM began she was very secretive other than the fact she told me that she is "casually seeing him" or "you're obsessing" (Gaslighting). She moved quickly, asking me if it was ok for D4 to meet him. I had little balls back then so I nice-guyed and said "Sure, if it's casual." Wrong.

When I snooped her phone records and confronted her, she made me feel like the bad guy and again she said that "we are separated".

After that, she still kept her phone to her self but would leave it in conspicuous places, I would assume to test me. I never was tempted. I just knew it was asking for trouble.

When I joined DB forum, I told myself that I was detaching, GAL, all that stuff, but still working on R. When Steve told me that more often that not, R does not happen, I refused to accept and still applied the DB techniques not only for myself, but to show her that I can improve every aspect about myself. And as you read through my story, especially in parts 4 and 5, that I was seeing and feeling tangible change. At the urging of my DB coach, I decided to make some small moves, most which were met with positivity. To which I felt "Hey, these are good signs!". But the folks here saw this and warned me to slow down and that it did not mean anything, good or bad. But I kept up my hope until D4 told me about their affection last weekend and me finding the explicit emails. I called her again and asked to not display PDA in front of D4. Her initial reply was "I thought I was doing that but I will do a better job." Last night, when I told her that I do not want D4 to see OM anymore, she was angry and told me that she needs to see what a "healthy, affectionate relationship" should look like. I just told her I disagreed and that as she grows older she will ask questions about why W made the choices she is making. She returned my remark with a look of disgust and asked "How dare you!" and again repeated the sentiment of seeing happy, healthy relationship behavior.

As we continued to talk, W said that I was "a better version of myself." I thanked her and told I have been working hard on that. I, in return, told W that she is not the same W I fell in love with. I said I was happy about the changes she made, but I expressed to her that she was a different person entirely and that I do not know nor trust this person. I went further when I told her that I do not trust her when it came to D4's visitation. She asked me angrily and to make sure I am not saying it out of anger and to think about what I said and then tell her. I repeated it again. I do not trust her. I said I was not angry. I told her I truly feel that she would take D4 away from me. And she broke down sobbing and told me that she would never ever do that. She said I'm a great father who D4 adores and, heh, tells OM about how great her daddy is.

We proceeded to talk about D. Though she brought it up and asked me to file. I told her that I am in a high emotional state right now and will not be making any decisions at this moment. When/if that time comes, it will come from a logical view.

And here we are.
To add:

She told me that forgave me. I did not say the same. I told her I forgave her for the kiss. But I have not forgiven her for the pain and damage is causing to someone she claimed would never hurt. I told her that I made mistakes of pushing you away and not showing affection and it bit me hard and I'm paying the price dearly for it. I told her I learned my lesson and am now dealing with the painful consequences of my actions. I again told her that I want this horrible chapter in my life to be closed.

And as a final stab, she told me that I'm being vindictive because I'm jealous. I told her that is her assumption numerous times before I slipped at the end of the convo that yes, I am jealous. I am jealous and sad and upset that I am facing a painful and lonely single life again.

The D talk followed after.
She told me that forgave me.
Believe nothing they say.

I told her that I made mistakes of pushing you away and not showing affection and it bit me hard and I'm paying the price dearly for it. I told her I learned my lesson and am now dealing with the painful consequences of my actions. I again told her that I want this horrible chapter in my life to be closed.
Pursuit.

The D talk followed after.
Surprised?

All I can do is pass along what I've been told in the last few weeks: take a big, BIG step back from your sitch. Every time you do something, it backfires. So do something: nothing.
Burned, I was not pursuing anything when I told her because I was not after anything. I just want to give her an objective look at what she has done and doing. Was I being vindictive? Unintentionally.

I do not know what I am doing in the long term. I am just getting through today.

Nothing is the plan now. I have nothing to save outside of myself and my R with D4.
she was angry and told me that she needs to see what a "healthy, affectionate relationship" should look like.

You should have asked her what kind of healthy relationship starts between two people when one of the parties is married?

We proceeded to talk about D. Though she brought it up and asked me to file. [ /quote] B/c she isn't sure what she wants. So stop pressuring not matter what you choose.

[quote] And as a final stab, she told me that I'm being vindictive because I'm jealous.
Is that her way of deflecting the reality of the horrible things she is doing onto you? Jealous? No sugar tits, I'm not jealous of a cheater and POS (the OM_. You haven't even let her feel the consequences of her own decision yet. She wants out, but you've been padding the way for her so far. Let reality hit her and quit talking to her. Separate finances, kick her out, use a SET schedule for the D4 and don't talk to your W. Boom. Done. You'll feel better and your W will have consequences to her choice.

You should have asked her what kind of healthy relationship starts between two people when one of the parties is married?

Adding gasoline to the fire, my friend. A valid point, but I'm learning that WW do not listen to reason.

B/c she isn't sure what she wants. So stop pressuring not matter what you choose.[ /quote]

No more pressure. My final say was "I will proceed when I am ready."

And as a final stab, she told me that I'm being vindictive because I'm jealous.
Is that her way of deflecting the reality of the horrible things she is doing onto you? Jealous? No sugar tits, I'm not jealous of a cheater and POS (the OM_. You haven't even let her feel the consequences of her own decision yet. She wants out, but you've been padding the way for her so far. Let reality hit her and quit talking to her. Separate finances, kick her out, use a SET schedule for the D4 and don't talk to your W. Boom. Done. You'll feel better and your W will have consequences to her choice.

Those decisions are being planned right now. When I go there, it will be a calm, civil conversation.
Three phone calls and two random texts so far this morning.

The cycle begins anew. I answered once to ensure D4 is ok...she segued into a conversation about our photo plans (undecided), Halloween (undecided), my costume (I will take care of it myself).

This has happened before and she is setting me up again...right?

Also, I was the one who initially brought up D (out of emotion). Now I'm stepping back. With this impending fight about true separation, how should I handle the D talk when she says "Well you wanted it!"?
This has happened before and she is setting me up again...right?
Looks like she hooked you with the call that you did have to answer about D4. Legit. And then went on to the other stuff blah blah blah. I'd say shut that down if you can, next time. "Great, D4 is OK, glad to hear it." She says "Oh and hey what are you wearing for Halloween," and you say, "Sorry, I'm getting another call, gotta go!" Click.

Unless you like being plan B?

Also, I was the one who initially brought up D (out of emotion). Now I'm stepping back. With this impending fight about true separation, how should I handle the D talk when she says "Well you wanted it!"?
Good advice from Davide is to just let it sit. If she ever says "So what about that?" you say, "It was in the heat of the moment and I'd like to think about it some more." Then just let it hang, indefinitely.

My W has never once said the word "D" and yet has goaded me into threatening it, twice. It's what they want. Feeds into the "poor me" narrative. And they know how reactive we are, so they use it against us.
And if she files, stall?

My W has never once said the word "D" and yet has goaded me into threatening it, twice. It's what they want. Feeds into the "poor me" narrative. And they know how reactive we are, so they use it against us.

Same here, my WW swore up and down she didnt want a D, and that she only wanted to get out and do things. Then she proceeded to do everything possible to try and get me to ask for a D. My WW clearly wanted a D, but initially didnt want to have to tell anyone she filed.

If i were you id be patient, and just say it was said out of the heat of the moment in anger and doesnt reflect your true feelings (if thats the case).
Originally Posted by equalzr

Same here, my WW swore up and down she didnt want a D, and that she only wanted to get out and do things. Then she proceeded to do everything possible to try and get me to ask for a D. My WW clearly wanted a D, but initially didnt want to have to tell anyone she filed.

If i were you id be patient, and just say it was said out of the heat of the moment in anger and doesnt reflect your true feelings (if thats the case).

If it gets brought up again, I will say that. I just said that I need time to think about it while my emotions subside.
Thank you so much sandi. I await your insight to this. To answer your question: W brought up the hall-pass weekends two months before BD (kiss). She started dating OM one month after BD whist we were still in the trial separation phase. And when she brought up hall-passes she made it seem like it would benefit both of us, to which I have disagreed with constantly.

Sorry, I don't know why I am getting so confused about it. So, she suddenly wants hall passes for the weekends, which means she wants to play like she's not in a MR. Then, she admits to kissing. I am reminded of something one of the board's favorite vet's use to say. He said a WW will usually admit to a level just lower than the full truth. That's how teenagers will communicate sometimes, to test the reaction of their parent. I guess it makes sense, cause WW's are like rebellious teenagers.

I had it in my head that the two of you were physically separated. Are you living under the same roof? If so, no wonder you are reeling in so much agony! It's worse than being in an open M, b/c it's without your agreement. In house separations are the worst, b/c you aren't really separated expect in the areas she dictates. It is the epitome of cake eating for the WW to be living under the same roof and calling it a separation......while dating OM, all in the face of her H.

When her R with OM began she was very secretive other than the fact she told me that she is "casually seeing him" or "you're obsessing" (Gaslighting). She moved quickly, asking me if it was ok for D4 to meet him. I had little balls back then so I nice-guyed and said "Sure, if it's casual." Wrong.

IMHO, that's another sign of WW, being so secretive, gaslighting, etc. If she was just a WAW without a hidden agenda, why be so secretive and gaslight? The only reason I could think of a WAW being secret is if she feared her H and was trying to flee from his abuse. I haven't seen a wayward, yet, that was afraid of violence coming at the hand of her H. It doesn't fit their mindset, makeup, or the protocol, so to speak. A WAW might be concerned of possible repercussions....and she would be more logical in her thinking. Whereas, a WW is too fogged out of her mind to be logical, and too addicted to high of her affair. Let me put it this way.........a WW pretty much has her H's b@lls. The WAW usually doesn't. That's why you don't hear of abuse going hand in hand with WW's. And, please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. I'm not advocating any type of abuse! I'm just saying that I have not read about it in wayward wife cases. What I've read is how the WW is the bully. The H usually has some level of NGS (but that's just my observation from the past eleven years of studying it). She is the one who is really in charge. She's the dominate spouse, ruling the house and the MR. If anyone is afraid.....it's him afraid of her. He fears her anger, her rejections, her coldness, her put downs, etc.

When I snooped her phone records and confronted her, she made me feel like the bad guy and again she said that "we are separated".

After that, she still kept her phone to her self but would leave it in conspicuous places, I would assume to test me. I never was tempted. I just knew it was asking for trouble.

This fits the WW picture we see on the board time after time.

When I joined DB forum, I told myself that I was detaching, GAL, all that stuff, but still working on R. When Steve told me that more often that not, R does not happen, I refused to accept and still applied the DB techniques not only for myself, but to show her that I can improve every aspect about myself.

I think everyone who comes to the board is seeking help, or they wouldn't be here. People get upset if we don't give them hope, and they get upset if we do....and reconciliation never comes. They say we offered them false hope. I am a realist and I probably speak more bluntly than some would prefer, but I will be as honest as I can. Ultimately, it's up to you as to how long you want to hope for a reconciliation. If you can move forward with life, and still hold to some hope that one day both you and your spouse can heal from all the issues......then that's up to you. Some people just don't know how to move forward apart from their spouse. They are to co-dependent on the MR. Those are the ones that have such a difficult time even thinking of giving up hope......b/c of their own inner issues. Just like you, at 37, practically sounding like you are sexually dead. You are so afraid of not being in a satisfied sexual relationship again, that it paralyzes you. I could talk for pages how you and your future W set yourself up for failure by the way you handled your first date, and then meeting bi-monthly afterwards. Man, when you decided to take the plunge......you really went for it. But, I'm not going to get off into all of that, b/c I really see no benefit at this point. However, if you should start dating in the future...….maybe we should talk. smile

At the urging of my DB coach, I decided to make some small moves, most which were met with positivity. To which I felt "Hey, these are good signs!". But the folks here saw this and warned me to slow down and that it did not mean anything, good or bad.

Here's the thing......the more people giving you advice, the more chance of receiving different advice. I don't know how often you've spoken with the DB coach, or if you revealed something there that you haven't here. Some of us on the board don't always see eye to eye about everything. Plus, you are seeing a therapist, your spiritual advisor, and did I see where you are also in MC? What's the chances you are going to hear everyone say the same thing?

But I kept up my hope until D4 told me about their affection last weekend and me finding the explicit emails. I called her again and asked to not display PDA in front of D4. Her initial reply was "I thought I was doing that but I will do a better job." Last night, when I told her that I do not want D4 to see OM anymore, she was angry and told me that she needs to see what a "healthy, affectionate relationship" should look like. I just told her I disagreed and that as she grows older she will ask questions about why W made the choices she is making. She returned my remark with a look of disgust and asked "How dare you!" and again repeated the sentiment of seeing happy, healthy relationship behavior.

It's just more disrespect coming from her. Look, she feels disgusted with you, and blames her unhappiness on this bad MR. That doesn't mean you are disgusting person...….it just means those are the feelings of a WW. Waywardness is all about the lack of respect. In order to draw your W, she'll need to see you in a light of strength. She needs to respect you as man, first. Understand? A woman has to feel respect for her H as a man, before she can feel desire for him as her H. She's not going to do anything lovingly from her heart as a wife, when she doesn't respect you as a man. You are working hard to learn new skills and better yourself as a man. It's a growth process. Along the way, you'll learn that firm boundaries are needed with a WW. If she doesn't feel the sting of her disrespect and selfishness, then she's not going to suddenly change for the better (without an ulterior motive). This subject (boundaries) within itself is too much to cover in this post.

As we continued to talk, W said that I was "a better version of myself."

Wait a minute. That's DB language that is used on the board. Why would your WW being using that expression, unless you are repeating to her the things you pick up on the board? It's a pet peeve of mine, I suppose, but she's not the one showing up for class...….YOU are. Don't be one of these guys that think they are going to get somewhere with the WW by flashing some of the board's phrases around with her. If I'm wrong, I apologize, and just stick it under you hat. Do you follow what I'm saying here? Don 't be sharing DB terminology or phrases or anything in your tool box with her. Don't even tell her you are working on yourself. Don't tell her how badly you want to save the MR. Don't tell her how bad you hurt. Don't share your goals with her. Don't tell her anything, unless we specifically tell you to say it. Don't talk to her about the OM and their "relationship". If they are having sex in front of D4.....or you have reason to be concerned about her being around OM.....then get legal advice of what you can do. Otherwise, they will laugh at your powerlessness over what they do in their "relationship". Learn what you can control, and what you can't. Are you getting the picture? ((hugs))

I went further when I told her that I do not trust her when it came to D4's visitation. She asked me angrily and to make sure I am not saying it out of anger and to think about what I said and then tell her. I repeated it again. I do not trust her.

Look, what did you expect to get when you told her that? Again, I suspect you picked it up from the board warning you not to trust her about child visitation......b/c we have learned from people's experiences. That's for you ONLY, not for you to run your mouth to her. Is there anything you haven't told her that you've gotten off the board? This is like chopping off your own foot. It gets you nowhere but behind.

We proceeded to talk about D. Though she brought it up and asked me to file. I told her that I am in a high emotional state right now and will not be making any decisions at this moment. When/if that time comes, it will come from a logical view.

High emotional state sounds like a female. Women get in high emotional state b/c we are emotional creatures, sometimes called the weaker sex b/c of our capacity for high emotional state of mind. On the other hand, we women need our men to remain calm, in command, in charge, and strong enough to handle our high emotional state.

Sorry for being so tough on you. I'm really not trying to beat you up. I want to help you, and pointing these things out is how I know where to get started. When I read your first post, I thought to myself that you probably did not have many, or if any, close male buddies. It always shows whenever a man has mostly women in his life. Just as women need other women, so do men need to spend time around other men. So, I want to encourage you to try to spend more time around strong, positive, males.

I['m not through reading everything yet. So far, you've been getting good advice, and responding well. You know, a good response goes a long ways. Good application goes even farther. Remember that we are here in your corner. We talk about 2x4's but it's just a learning technique that everyone gets (if that makes you feel any better). smile
Sorry, I don't know why I am getting so confused about it. So, she suddenly wants hall passes for the weekends, which means she wants to play like she's not in a MR. Then, she admits to kissing. I am reminded of something one of the board's favorite vet's use to say. He said a WW will usually admit to a level just lower than the full truth. That's how teenagers will communicate sometimes, to test the reaction of their parent. I guess it makes sense, cause WW's are like rebellious teenagers.

I'm past that. Whether she kissed or it was more, she cheated and "she feels horrible for making that ONE mistake."

I had it in my head that the two of you were physically separated. Are you living under the same roof? If so, no wonder you are reeling in so much agony! It's worse than being in an open M, b/c it's without your agreement. In house separations are the worst, b/c you aren't really separated expect in the areas she dictates. It is the epitome of cake eating for the WW to be living under the same roof and calling it a separation......while dating OM, all in the face of her H.

In house separated for 6 agonizing months. Then we had a 3 day in/3 day out split and spend Sunday together. That ended last week when I told her I am no longer couch hopping and I am coming home to sleep in my bedroom on my bed. She asked me again today if I am coming home tonight to which I said "Yes I am." I am not couch-hopping any longer.

IMHO, that's another sign of WW, being so secretive, gaslighting, etc. If she was just a WAW without a hidden agenda, why be so secretive and gaslight? The only reason I could think of a WAW being secret is if she feared her H and was trying to flee from his abuse. I haven't seen a wayward, yet, that was afraid of violence coming at the hand of her H. It doesn't fit their mindset, makeup, or the protocol, so to speak. A WAW might be concerned of possible repercussions....and she would be more logical in her thinking. Whereas, a WW is too fogged out of her mind to be logical, and too addicted to high of her affair. Let me put it this way.........a WW pretty much has her H's b@lls. The WAW usually doesn't. That's why you don't hear of abuse going hand in hand with WW's. And, please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. I'm not advocating any type of abuse! I'm just saying that I have not read about it in wayward wife cases. What I've read is how the WW is the bully. The H usually has some level of NGS (but that's just my observation from the past eleven years of studying it). She is the one who is really in charge. She's the dominate spouse, ruling the house and the MR. If anyone is afraid.....it's him afraid of her. He fears her anger, her rejections, her coldness, her put downs, etc.

She does...but I'm slowly loosening her vice grip around them. Next step of splitting accounts and have her move out is next. And NGS, holy s*it, I am making improvements, but it is going to take longer than 3 months (or years) to fix 30+ years of NGS-related abuse and responses. One day at a time, right?

This fits the WW picture we see on the board time after time.

WW confirmed.

I think everyone who comes to the board is seeking help, or they wouldn't be here. People get upset if we don't give them hope, and they get upset if we do....and reconciliation never comes. They say we offered them false hope. I am a realist and I probably speak more bluntly than some would prefer, but I will be as honest as I can. Ultimately, it's up to you as to how long you want to hope for a reconciliation. If you can move forward with life, and still hold to some hope that one day both you and your spouse can heal from all the issues......then that's up to you. Some people just don't know how to move forward apart from their spouse. They are to co-dependent on the MR. Those are the ones that have such a difficult time even thinking of giving up hope......b/c of their own inner issues. Just like you, at 37, practically sounding like you are sexually dead. You are so afraid of not being in a satisfied sexual relationship again, that it paralyzes you. I could talk for pages how you and your future W set yourself up for failure by the way you handled your first date, and then meeting bi-monthly afterwards. Man, when you decided to take the plunge......you really went for it. But, I'm not going to get off into all of that, b/c I really see no benefit at this point. However, if you should start dating in the future...….maybe we should talk. smile

Sandi, this is why I reached out to you. Everyone here has been fantastic with their advice and it is consistent. Not once have I obtained differing approaches to this. You are the exclamation point to this. Dating is a long ways off. I was 27, I wanted to take my shot, and I did really damn good for 8 years. I made mistakes in the last two because of my behaviors. I am going to date again. I just do not know how soon (obviously).

Here's the thing......the more people giving you advice, the more chance of receiving different advice. I don't know how often you've spoken with the DB coach, or if you revealed something there that you haven't here. Some of us on the board don't always see eye to eye about everything. Plus, you are seeing a therapist, your spiritual advisor, and did I see where you are also in MC? What's the chances you are going to hear everyone say the same thing?

I was seeing a NGS therapist. Four sessions so far. I may join the support group next month. And I am seeing a MC (IC now). NGS basically said I need to grow a pair (in a nice way). MC talks about the causes for the failure of the marriage and what it requires going forward. I see MC tomorrow and I am going to tell him that D is on the table now, but will need to plan it out.

It's just more disrespect coming from her. Look, she feels disgusted with you, and blames her unhappiness on this bad MR. That doesn't mean you are disgusting person...….it just means those are the feelings of a WW. Waywardness is all about the lack of respect. In order to draw your W, she'll need to see you in a light of strength. She needs to respect you as man, first. Understand? A woman has to feel respect for her H as a man, before she can feel desire for him as her H. She's not going to do anything lovingly from her heart as a wife, when she doesn't respect you as a man. You are working hard to learn new skills and better yourself as a man. It's a growth process. Along the way, you'll learn that firm boundaries are needed with a WW. If she doesn't feel the sting of her disrespect and selfishness, then she's not going to suddenly change for the better (without an ulterior motive). This subject (boundaries) within itself is too much to cover in this post.

It's building. She beat me down viciously but I put up a fight, right up until the end when I did admit that it has to do with jealousy. But everytime I step up, I put up a better fight.

Wait a minute. That's DB language that is used on the board. Why would your WW being using that expression, unless you are repeating to her the things you pick up on the board? It's a pet peeve of mine, I suppose, but she's not the one showing up for class...….YOU are. Don't be one of these guys that think they are going to get somewhere with the WW by flashing some of the board's phrases around with her. If I'm wrong, I apologize, and just stick it under you hat. Do you follow what I'm saying here? Don 't be sharing DB terminology or phrases or anything in your tool box with her. Don't even tell her you are working on yourself. Don't tell her how badly you want to save the MR. Don't tell her how bad you hurt. Don't share your goals with her. Don't tell her anything, unless we specifically tell you to say it. Don't talk to her about the OM and their "relationship". If they are having sex in front of D4.....or you have reason to be concerned about her being around OM.....then get legal advice of what you can do. Otherwise, they will laugh at your powerlessness over what they do in their "relationship". Learn what you can control, and what you can't. Are you getting the picture? ((hugs))

I don't know. The only words I have told her was that "I am working on being a better man and a better father". She was the one who said I was becoming a better version of myself I never uttered those words once. I will be more conscientious of what I say around her. I do suspect that she may be loosely following this but I have no proof. I made the mistake last weekend when I told her the pain she and OM are putting me through. I knew it when I made the call asking her to "respect my feelings (hah)" that I set myself way back. But it also put me in the cold reality that NOW I have truly let go. I repeat the saying that I can only control myself. It's becoming more ingrained in me daily. The picture is getting clearer, sandi. It's taken some time, but things are coming into focus.

Look, what did you expect to get when you told her that? Again, I suspect you picked it up from the board warning you not to trust her about child visitation......b/c we have learned from people's experiences. That's for you ONLY, not for you to run your mouth to her. Is there anything you haven't told her that you've gotten off the board? This is like chopping off your own foot. It gets you nowhere but behind.

A cold splash of water and the realization that I am not to be walked on anymore. The board made suggestions but I went by the saying "Believe nothing they say and 50% of what they do." If she asks "Don't you trust me?" I will immediately respond with "No." But I hear you on me running my mouth.

High emotional state sounds like a female. Women get in high emotional state b/c we are emotional creatures, sometimes called the weaker sex b/c of our capacity for high emotional state of mind. On the other hand, we women need our men to remain calm, in command, in charge, and strong enough to handle our high emotional state.

Got it. I have told her that I need a few days to calm down.

Sorry for being so tough on you. I'm really not trying to beat you up. I want to help you, and pointing these things out is how I know where to get started. When I read your first post, I thought to myself that you probably did not have many, or if any, close male buddies. It always shows whenever a man has mostly women in his life. Just as women need other women, so do men need to spend time around other men. So, I want to encourage you to try to spend more time around strong, positive, males.

I['m not through reading everything yet. So far, you've been getting good advice, and responding well. You know, a good response goes a long ways. Good application goes even farther. Remember that we are here in your corner. We talk about 2x4's but it's just a learning technique that everyone gets (if that makes you feel any better). smile

No need for apologies. This is why I reached out to you because you drive the point home HARD. And I needed that gut punch. I know I'm getting stronger and better. This board has a lot to do with that. To be honest, I do not have many males or female friends in my life right now. Hence the reason even more why I need to GAL. I need good male friends.

Please read through my threads. I swing through a lot of emotions and even pushed off Gordie after snapping at him. It was after I told myself that no one deserves my reaction. You all are trying to help.

Sandi, I appreciate you weighing in. I need to stay empowered through this and gives me a reminder that an objective view.

On that note, after W and I talked, she told me that she feeds off my emotions and that I need to "question where I am getting my advice from." If I had not found this board, I would have not addressed my issues that need remedied.

Back I go.

(((everyone)))
This song came on my iPhone and hit home for me. I'm sure it applies to most if not all of you too.

Zero 7 - In The Waiting Line

Wait in line
'Till your time
Ticking clock
Everyone stop

Everyone's saying different things to me
Different things to me
Different things to me

Woooohh
Do you believe
In what you see
There doesn't seem to be anybody else who agrees with me

Do you believe
In what you see
Motionless wheel
Nothing is real
Wasting my time
In the waiting line
Do you believe in
What you see

Nine to five
Living lies
Everyday
Stealing time
Everyone's taking everything they can
Everything they can
Everything they can

Woooohh
Do you believe
In what you feel
It doesn't seem to be anybody else who agrees with me

Do you believe
In what you see
Motionless wheel
Nothing is real
Wasting my time
In the waiting line
Do you believe
In what you see

Ah and I'll shout and I'll scream
But I'd rather not have seen
And i'll hide away for another day

Do you believe
In what you see
Motionless wheel
Nothing is real
Wasting my time
In the waiting line
Do you believe
In what you see

Different things to me
Different things to me
Different things to me
Different things to me
Everything they can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrV86RVdIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yNAABKD4IA
The songs that really get me for various reasons in my sitch are:
Johnny Cash's version of Hurt
This Is On Me by Ben Abraham and Sara Bareillis
I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Deathe Cab for Cutie

There are more but I can't listen to these 3 songs without breaking down. Also our wedding song, but I won't list that here.
Yup, and stay away from weddings where they play “I loved her first,” “From this moment,” and “Still the one.” :’(

And hey, today is the 20th anniversary of “Hit me baby one more time.”
I have been struggling with some vision impairment, so it is taking me longer than usual to catch up on your story. I have to say that as I read a little more last night, I felt sorry for you b/c you were getting advice from so many different sources. All in all, I can already see by your writing/posting how much stronger you've become......and in such a short period. So, I feel encouraged by your personal growth, and mainly b/c of how you speak about yourself. That tells me more than you may realize. You see, a lot of guys measure their DBing accomplishment according to how well the W responds or gets closer to R, etc. I don't. I see his accomplishment according to how he grows as a man. B/c when he "becomes" that MAN......the R will happen .....or he'll seek a better life. If it doesn't happen, it's b/c of the W, not the man. A phrase that is passed around the board is "Become the man only a fool would leave". My issue with that phrase is that a lot of guys (not all) seem to initially misunderstand it, and LBH's usually think it means to become what they "think" their W wants. B/c of the anxiety he feels and the desperation to fix the unhappy state of his W, he tends to put himself in a subservient position in the M and the home. This is not what he needs to do. BTW, so far that I've read, I have not picked up on you waiting hand & foot on your W, catering to her every demand, trying to do all the housework (leaving none for her to do), basically becoming the homemaker. It's okay to split/share chores. So, hopefully, you don't have to overcome that mistake a lot of LBH's make trying to over compensate. Becoming a masculine male who is the leader in the marriage/home, the protector, provider, etc., and who is stronger than the female......is basically who she wants. She wants her emotional needs met, a lot more than having the floors vacuumed. It's a balancing act. The H needs to knows how to take care of her physical and emotional needs. He needs to dominant her (not be domineering, but sexually dominant) and who is not a jerk or chauvinist, but knows how to be loving and supportive without it threatening the loss of his b@lls. I really feel sorry for men, b/c I realize women are very complex creatures! It's difficult (for me, at least) to know how to describe in few words. The reason I talk about this so much is b/c of the numerous amount of LBH's who come to the board, practically emasculated by their WW's and thinking that being a nice guy will be the man only a fool would leave. Nothing could be farther from the truth. NGS is a lot of the problem, but he has to see what we mean by being the man only a fool would leave. Also, realistically speaking, the WW is very foolish, so keep that in mind. You may become perfect, but vision isn't.

I'm past that. Whether she kissed or it was more, she cheated and "she feels horrible for making that ONE mistake."

ONE mistake? I don't understand. I'm reading all this stuff about her in a relationship with another man. It may not be the same one that she initially confessed to kissing, or the one for which she wanted weekend hall passes........but don't write it off as ONE mistake she's made. Neither write it off as her having remorse. When she continues doing what is causing pain & destruction to the MR, you can bet she's not remorseful or she would stop it. This is an example of "believe nothing she says".

I think I must be miscommunicating somewhere, or I am misunderstanding the stitch. And......I read where you said you had no "proof" of their affair! What?! When there is another man in the picture, and she's talking about "them", and your child is talking about "them", and your W is spending time with him.....….you don't have to have a video of them having sex. So, don't get too technical over "proof" when you have a W talking about her OM! His name is coming up in regular conversations.....or they were where I was reading your stitch. If you are "past it", that's fine. Just don't stick your head in the sand and be in denial of the fact your W is carrying on an affair with another man. The OM is not your buddy. He's not a friend of your marriage/family. I don't say this to stir up your pain. I just want to make sure you are seeing clearly. I know you want the pain to stop, but don't fool yourself into thinking they are simply good ole pals that enjoy hanging out together. The mind can play tricks on us, sometimes, and WW's are particular good at manipulation. All in all, it wouldn't be that difficult for her to make you think things are different from the truth. Just like her wanting to decorate your room. Place no stock in that, whatsoever.

In house separated for 6 agonizing months. Then we had a 3 day in/3 day out split and spend Sunday together. That ended last week when I told her I am no longer couch hopping and I am coming home to sleep in my bedroom on my bed. She asked me again today if I am coming home tonight to which I said "Yes I am." I am not couch-hopping any longer.

Good for you!! Just don't expect it to be easy. I've never seen an in-house separation be successful, yet. I have seen one where the man finally had enough of the WW's bs, and he actually became a WAH ......and it yanked his WW's senses back into her head. But it was b/c he found his b@lls, not b/c of in-house separation leading to reconciliation. As long as she gets to live under the same roof with her H and have her affair, too, she has the best of both worlds. She has all the benefits of the M without any responsibility.

And NGS, holy s*it, I am making improvements, but it is going to take longer than 3 months (or years) to fix 30+ years of NGS-related abuse and responses. One day at a time, right?

Absolutely! I think you are doing great. I do believe you share with your WW too much about your personal work on yourself, what you are learning, what is said in your private counseling sessions, etc. The MC is going to try and get you to pursue the M, which may cause some conflict in your head.....considering the NGS counseling, etc. IDK, maybe you have it all figured out. I'm very happy to hear you have a counselor that specializes in NGS. There is, or was, a forum just for men with NGS. I use to read some of the posts, and some of those guys sounded really tough talking amongst themselves. Last I checked, I don't think they even allow women to join the forum anymore (they used to have one little section for them, but no longer). And the posts were not open to the public as they once were. You have to be a member to view them. Anyway, last I read a few of those posts, I could see how a man could swing from being too much NGS to becoming a total jerk. So, try to stay balanced. ((hugs))

I don't know. The only words I have told her was that "I am working on being a better man and a better father". She was the one who said I was becoming a better version of myself I never uttered those words once. I will be more conscientious of what I say around her. I do suspect that she may be loosely following this but I have no proof.

Well, you told her not to check your bookmarks on the computer, so that's like saying "sic'em" to a dog. She's going to look! You have to protect your board activity, and closing your account doesn't prevent her from seeing what's been posted. It's a public forum. You could go under a new user name, if you want. Of course, you probably would get some repeated advice, if people like me couldn't figure out who you were (lol). It's just a thought, if you are concerned about her reading it. I feel like she's familiar with some of the "language" used around here. It was a dead give away in that statement she made about you "becoming the best version of yourself". So, what's done is done. I, for one, don't think it's a good idea for the spouse to see inside your tool box or know your game plan, but that's for you to decide about changing your user name. You'd still need to erase the computer history every time.

Got it. I have told her that I need a few days to calm down.

A strong, calm, masculine sounding respond would be something like, "I need time to think about things". In other words, you don't draw attention to your emotions, anxiety, nervousness, etc. Of course, you feel those emotions, and that's okay...…..I'm only suggesting something that will help you in giving a response that reflects "strength" to a woman. It's fine for her to know you need time to think......but she doesn't need to know you feel as though you are falling apart. See what I mean?

On that note, after W and I talked, she told me that she feeds off my emotions and that I need to "question where I am getting my advice from." If I had not found this board, I would have not addressed my issues that need remedied.

Ah! Do you know what that means? She feels she will lose control, b/c she knows too much about the advice you are receiving. So, no more sharing with her about your sessions, and cover your tracks as best you can on the computer. You see, your work is more effective when your spouse doesn't know what you are being advised to do about yourself, her, the stitch, etc. This is not like having a car repaired, where you sit and discuss what the mechanic suggested. Sorry, if that doesn't make sense, but it is the complexity of how it works in situations with a wayward spouse. I wish I could explain better.

You have a come a long way! whistle
Day 86

W is trying to make small talk. I ignored mostly unless it directly involved D4. Went and lifted last night then drove home. More small talk. I answered as needed. Asked what the laundry basket is doing in her room, told her those are W's clean clothes to put away. W told me that I look like I'm losing a good amount of weight and adding muscle. She asked me how much I lost. I responded and said that's including muscle gains. Put D4 to bed, had dinner, said my prayers, re-listened to In The Waiting Line again and posted it here. The lyrics really hit home for me, especially in Fell asleep. First night I was able to get a full night's sleep without much anxiety.

Still planning on having the talk of having her move out. Still working on loosening her grip on my balls. Still a work in progress. No expectations of R anymore.

frown

This is going to get worse, isn't it?
I don´t think so. You are getting stronger.
Temp check time:

W texted me about paying off debt. I told her about my part in paying off my credit card and W paying off her's. She said it was "our" debt. Here is where it begins to get murky. I told her that we are sharing an account that pays off our debt each month. When she is ready to contribute more to her CC I will adjust my CC payment to make sure our head is still above water. She then said that we will "make choices" once our debt it paid off.

I acknowledged what she said and ended the convo.

I'm so fatigued, lol. crazy
Baby steps my brother...I was an athlete all through college and into my 20s...now 49 was pretty much 35 lbs over weight and lacking the muscle build I had as a youngster. After 5 months lost the 35 and am stronger than I was at 30 or close to it. I use working out daily as one of my main activities, set goals, whether its lift heavier or tone more and look how confident it will start making you feel when you are out in public. Buying new clothes, revealing clothes that all give you the confidence to be on your own. This is just one GAL activity but it has done wonders for me.

Stick with it, do it daily, alter your diet, eat better, this will also help with your sleep as well. In the AM I started a routine..I started day 1 with 1 push up back in June then added 1 push up each day....there were some breaks so I would go back at times but now in Oct I start every morning with those push ups before I get in the shower, I am up to 85, when I first started I would have been lucky to do 10.

Set goals, believe them and achieve them!!
.....also I look at myself and say how physically strong I am at 49 and it spills over into being mentally strong and standing up for yourself. I will not let this work go to waste that I have put in to get to this point and no one can take it away from me, it is mine, only I can can decide to push through my next weight goal or to quit.

Don't give up.....on yourself!
Detaching is hard.

Why I'm expecting a light switch to go off in her head everyday is something beyond stupid and hopeless thinking.

That is all.
Detaching is hard.

Why I'm expecting a light switch to go off in her head everyday is something beyond stupid and hopeless thinking.

That is all.

I think everyone hopes that deep down in their heart. As much as i keep detaching and moving on in life, there still seems to be a part of my that hopes one day she will snap out of it. I catch myself daydreaming or thinking about R and then snap out of it and realize its not happening.
I posted another long post right after you wrote the lyrics of that song. You don't have to respond to it, but I wanted to make sure you did read it. It's at the very bottom of page 5.

I think I am caught up, although I had to skim over a few pages. I just wanted to comment on how she is making small talk and playing nicey-nice. She's just temp checking. It's not true progress in getting closer to R. She'll pursue with this type of stuff to keep you attached, until she doesn't benefit from it. You see, the thing about becoming "friends" with a wayward, is that they are more than happy to be friends with the LBH. She'll "use" him for every advantage under the sun......and she won't see him as more than a friend. (Unlike she would if she was not a WW in an affair). This is where some LBH's get confused with the DB Coaches advice. Remember, MWD does not separate the WW from the WAW, therefore, they are going to tell you to make friends before she comes out of the waywardness. IMHO, it does not work with waywards. I can explain why, if you need. This is about the biggest disagreement I have with the coaching advice.

One more thing, if she should suggest taking it a day at a time...….don't buy into her lie. This is a WW's way of maintaining the separation without commitment to the MR. She still dates, while getting support from her H. When she ends all contact with OM, forever, and commits to doing the necessary work to save her MR......that's the path to follow. Commitment and effort are middle names in MR.

BTW, it's okay that you have said that you are paying the price for neglecting her emotional needs, but don't continue saying this type of stuff to her. The WW already blames her H for her actions.....and she doesn't want to accept responsibility for her own behavior. However, before you reconcile, she needs to accept responsibility for her waywardness and the affair with OM. You are not responsible for her affair/cheating. Okay? I'm not suggesting that you run off at your mouth again, trying to repeat what I've said. This is information I'm giving you for later, should she want to reconcile. There's a lot involved, but I won't go into details at the moment.

You have every right to be pi$$ed at her. I've been waiting to see when you would get fed up. You don't have play nicey-nice...….just so you know. You can be civil, and that's all she should expect from the man she's betraying.

I think everyone hopes that deep down in their heart. As much as i keep detaching and moving on in life, there still seems to be a part of my that hopes one day she will snap out of it. I catch myself daydreaming or thinking about R and then snap out of it and realize its not happening.

Hopes for R dwindle bit by bit each day.

Very emotional MC today.

Told him about the convo W and I had in regards to D4 seeing OM. I was told that I did not handle the convo correctly and that I cannot control the happiness of D4 if OM is a good man (not abusive, into drugs, or sketchy). If D4 wants to see OM, that it up to her. Me setting the boundary of not allowing her to see W and OM is more about my jealousy.

I broke down completely and felt so helpless.

He continued to talk about my sitch and how it's getting more likely that W and I are on the road to D. And that I should not rush the process and embrace the fact that D is more likely now than ever. He did not say it's an inevitability, he just said it's increasingly likely. He also said that D4 is just seeing two happy people together and not the same as say...D16 seeing that. So...I have to accept that. And I think this board echoed that as well.

The sadder part now has to do with D4's view. I sincerely hoped that W and I's R would be a good one and when it crumbled, so did I. I know that D is a constant (50%). The more I embrace this tragedy the worse the entire outcome seems.

No matter how much GAL I do, no matter how much detaching I do, no matter how much I DB, the weight of this sitch does not get any lighter as time progresses. MWD explains that this journey is jagged with sharp peaks and lows.

I am so very fortunate with the love and support I have been getting from you all. And I'm encouraged at your acknowledgement at my progress since I have started. I feel it as well. I hope that three months from now I am in a better position than I am in now.

This is probably the most traumatic event I experienced so far. I keep hoping I get to the end of the tunnel soon, but I also know that there is a reason I am going through this for so long.

I just hope that I can outlast the pain.

Sandi: I just saw your post above as well as the post following my song lyrics.I am standing up to her and she actually said that I can be a nice guy and still recover from my NGS (I told her I had that...my mistake?). Let me ask you this, do WW feel their R with OM is genuine? Or do they know in the pit of their thinking that it's wrong?

I assume that it is, but I just want some confirmation.
I have seen one where the man finally had enough of the WW's bs, and he actually became a WAH ......and it yanked his WW's senses back into her head. But it was b/c he found his b@lls, not b/c of in-house separation leading to reconciliation.

Hoosjim!

There’s a similar story in DR, where the guy says, “Fine, if you want out, get out!” And the W says, oooh, he’s back to being his strong self again. Brett and Stella, pp. 121-124.
Ok pain I need to take a step back and ask for clarification on your last post because it raises my hackles and pisses me off.

You are in MC not IC ? Your W is cheating on you.... dude.
You f@$%ing MC said OM is a good man? Yeah good men get into R with adulterous married women. REAL f@#$ing good. Guess MC would suggest it's ok for D4 to start calling OM daddy, right?
Yeah so wtf is your W bringing D4 around OM and your not even D. What kind of example does that set? I don't know what your state laws are like but the lawyers I talked said that is a hard no.
Jealousy about not allowing your D4 to see OM and W. Dude time to drop MC like a sack of sh!t. Go find a pro marriage counselor.
WTF is wrong with society, when this behavior is ok?

Unless I am misunderstanding your sitch, and if so I am sorry, but time to get your balls back.
I have seen one where the man finally had enough of the WW's bs, and he actually became a WAH ......and it yanked his WW's senses back into her head. But it was b/c he found his b@lls, not b/c of in-house separation leading to reconciliation.

Hoosjim!

There’s a similar story in DR, where the guy says, “Fine, if you want out, get out!” And the W says, oooh, he’s back to being his strong self again. Brett and Stella, pp. 121-124.

I can partially attest to this. May not be the whole reason, but W was completely 'done' until I picked up D papers and gave her a separation agreement. That and a few other things kind of snapped her back into reality. Wasn't like she jumped back into my arms begging for forgiveness, but at least opened her eyes to 'oh damn, [censored]'s getting real'
Originally Posted by Twofeet
Ok pain I need to take a step back and ask for clarification on your last post because it raises my hackles and pisses me off.

You f@$%ing MC said OM is a good man? Yeah good men get into R with adulterous married women. REAL f@#$ing good. Guess MC would suggest it's ok for D4 to start calling OM daddy, right?
Yeah so wtf is your W bringing D4 around OM and your not even D. What kind of example does that set? I don't know what your state laws are like but the lawyers I talked said that is a hard no.
Jealousy about not allowing your D4 to see OM and W. Dude time to drop MC like a sack of sh!t. Go find a pro marriage counselor.

Unless I am misunderstanding your sitch, and if so I am sorry, but time to get your balls back.

Ive been asking myself that for at least the last year. Ecen IC are condoning it. M truly seems to be a dying institution.

I don't like it either. I was taken aback as well.

And if you want to be specific, he is a Relationship/family counselor. Take that for what it is. I have been seeing him for months and he has given me a rulebook on what to do and not to do in my next R.

Where I live is a no fault state. So...TS for me.

Except there are folks who agree with some of what I say, and others who don't.

Work in progress, amigo. Work in progress. You're not misunderstanding anything. This is a sticky one with many different viewpoints.

Just like the song lyrics I posted:

Different things to me
Different things to me

Day 87:

Last night, talked with W for a few minutes about MC session. She heard me and then talked about that I can be nice without being "nice". Wants to open up to me because she has to unload stuff that has been in her heart since this thing got started. She says there is anger and sorrow involved. She ended the conversation by saying that we need to be "us" and help get each other through to the other side. Told her again that we are not the same couple. We're different and I do not know what the dynamics of "us" entails. Other than that, I just validated and did not agree or disagree.

Painted pumpkins and D4, had dinner, replied to a post here, and went to sleep.

Exhausted. I'm "sleeping" more, but I'm waking up tired. But on the upside, I did not need to take Xanax to sleep, so that's a good sign.

I woke up, prayed, showered, made my bed, had breakfast with D4 and now at work.

Feeling numb. And taking the song lyrics of In The Waiting Line to heart. So many people telling me so much. All good advice and I listen to it all. It's processing the information and ultimately making my own decisions that will allow me to move forward.

Considering being a WAH, which may involve a OW. I don't know. It screams "bad idea!", but it also could be the 180 needed to turn my life around. I don't know.
If your going to be a WAH, do it to be a WAH, dont do it for an OW.
If your going to be a WAH, do it to be a WAH, dont do it for an OW.

Even if it's just casual (physical)?

Risky question for me to ask, but better to ask and get feedback then let only my emotions control this.
Pain18,

I wouldn't do it. As equalzr said do it for you if you are going to do it. Getting into another R and with an OW sounds like a recipe for disaster on all parts. You need to heal and center yourself before you move onto a new R. An R or OW shouldn't be what defines you or makes you happy. You define you, you are what gives you joy and happiness.
Let me ask you this, do WW feel their R with OM is genuine? Or do they know in the pit of their thinking that it's wrong?

What does the "R" mean in your question, relationship or reconciliation?
Sandi: R for Relationship. W is not reconciling with OM.

TF, I hear you. Do you categorize a purely physical NSA with no expectations an R?

Not trying to justify my actions, I just want as a much detailed answer as possible.

*bracing myself for 2x4 whacking*

Hoosjim!

No, it wasn't him. Hoosjim and his W were not separated (in-house or otherwise), however, he did get fed up and she knew the minute it happened. In that instant, I think there was no doubt in her mind what she wanted. Until then.....she had held him at arm's length and kept him dangling, worrying, wondering, and guessing.
I think you can 2x4 yourself....you having your own A with a OW with no expectations is contradictory because you know your expectations will be that you will instantly detach or that informing W will bring her right back. Won't happen, tried it.

Working on GAL and meeting new people including women I think can be very healthy, but if you are just looking to jump in the sack you are messing with yourself and your sitch. Again you are looking for the silver bullet and it doesn't exist....it is a process.
Originally Posted by lost8
I think you can 2x4 yourself....you having your own A with a OW with no expectations is contradictory because you know your expectations will be that you will instantly detach or that informing W will bring her right back. Won't happen, tried it.

Working on GAL and meeting new people including women I think can be very healthy, but if you are just looking to jump in the sack you are messing with yourself and your sitch. Again you are looking for the silver bullet and it doesn't exist....it is a process.

I hear you too. But I'm not trying to get W back anymore. I am just trying to get my physical urges met in as healthy way as possible. But going that route sounds and feels extremely risky but again, I asked because I want to know what the consensus is.

Besides, I 2x4 myself a lot. Been doing a lot most of my life and has contributed towards not only my sitch but my overall mental and emotional health. And I do/did it as a way of punishment/self-harm. You all do it because you care.
Pain18,

Personally I could not do a fwb or nsa relationship because I know myself enough to know I would get attached. A sexual experience with another person over a long enough time creates attachment. For some people it's just one time. When you have sex your brain releases oxytocin which cause an increase in trust and bonding, which in turn could make you susceptible to make bad decisions. Now some people overcome this and can treat it as purely causal, but I am not one of those people. The way I was raised was love should come first before sex, society for the most part seems to put sex first. If you have biological needs you can address those by yourself. If I read your sitch right you went 27 years without sex, while no sex $ucks you wouldn't die without it. If you are needing an emotional connection I don't have an answer. That is something you have to figure out, I definitely crave that emotional connection with my W which feels even worse since one of my primary LL is physical touch.

I think you should reflect on yourself and determine your strengths and weaknesses, your morals, values, goals. If a NSA/FWB is something that you can do and you understand the pros and cons of it then you can determine if it suites you.
Pain18,

Personally I could not do a fwb or nsa relationship because I know myself enough to know I would get attached. A sexual experience with another person over a long enough time creates attachment. For some people it's just one time. When you have sex your brain releases oxytocin which cause an increase in trust and bonding, which in turn could make you susceptible to make bad decisions. Now some people overcome this and can treat it as purely causal, but I am not one of those people. The way I was raised was love should come first before sex, society for the most part seems to put sex first. If you have biological needs you can address those by yourself. If I read your sitch right you went 27 years without sex, while no sex $ucks you wouldn't die without it. If you are needing an emotional connection I don't have an answer. That is something you have to figure out, I definitely crave that emotional connection with my W which feels even worse since one of my primary LL is physical touch.

I think you should reflect on yourself and determine your strengths and weaknesses, your morals, values, goals. If a NSA/FWB is something that you can do and you understand the pros and cons of it then you can determine if it suites you.

One last note, I can't tell you how to live your life, I also don't advocate D. However, in accordance to my own values I wouldn't do anything with OW until you are D. That's just me, you will have to determine what is right for you.
TF,

Valuable insight from you. Thank you.

And yeah, I can not die if I do not have sex. But I also do not want to live a life where if I am capable of having it, I cannot. If something happens to me and I am unable to have sex, then I will have to deal with that, however I deal with it. It's important to me, especially since about 6 months before BD I felt myself maturing in that area.

My LL is affection and physical touch...and I have been lacking both for nearly a year now.

And you're not telling me how to live my life. I do not perceive your viewpoint as judgy or you look down on me for considering it. I just am finding myself questioning a lot lately. What I considered wrong could be right. What could be considered "right" could be interpreted as "nice" or "not a man" or even "wrong".

This whole event is the equivalent of a CAT 5 hurricane leveling an entire town. Rebuilding is going to take a lot of time and dedication. I feel as if I am still picking up the pieces while rebuilding, one brick at a time.
If you have biological needs you can address those by yourself.
Well put.

I waited until the D was finalized before enjoying a different woman.

I can tell you that I am glad I focused on personal growth instead of chasing women. I understand much more now. I recommend learning. There is plenty of time for practice later.

What happens if the woman gets attached to you. Do you want to be the cause of her pain?

What happens if the woman gets attached to you. Do you want to be the cause of her pain?

Even if I made it clear it's NSA?

I would feel guilty and remorse for breaking another person's heart. I can see how even though I say it's going to be "casual" it can morph into something that's not (W and OM).

And to reiterate, I am not looking for a "yeah, go ahead. That makes perfect sense.". I am just looking for some direction now.

I feel lost.
I feel lost.
What are your current goals?

One of mine is getting my HAM license. I studied for the Tech license. Did some for the General and hoping to get enough understanding to try for the extra class all in the same day. Call me crazy.
What are your current goals?

1. Weight loss and muscle gain.
2. Engage in more social activities that does not pertain to gaming, support groups, or alcohol.
3. Get through this impending winter (I also suffer from SAD)
Last night, talked with W for a few minutes about MC session.

Why? Did you discuss what the MC said about D4 seeing OM, and that you were powerless to stop it, etc.? Pain, you can't share this stuff with her. YOU are the one in the counseling sessions....not her. She may ask and act interested, but it's b/c she's nosy. She is thinking about what benefits her the best. I've tried to tell you that it is shooting yourself in the foot whenever you "share" this type of information with her. It's private and as long as the M is in this crisis, due to her being in an affair or other wayward actions...….you cannot afford to share things of this nature with her, b/c she is not the woman she once was.

Wants to open up to me because she has to unload stuff that has been in her heart since this thing got started. She says there is anger and sorrow involved. She ended the conversation by saying that we need to be "us" and help get each other through to the other side.

Brace yourself, b/c I think she's going to tell you all about her negative feelings, and then she's going to ask for a divorce. I think she will try to convince you that it's the only answer to a bad situation, she'll say how she'll always care for you (but just doesn't love you in the way a wife should) b/c you are the father of her child, and that she wants to remain great friends, yada, yada, yada. She may even throw in a few crumbs about how you both can spend time with D4, will always be "family", yada, yada, yada...….and sound as if traditions, holidays and special events will continue right along as always.

Feeling numb. And taking the song lyrics of In The Waiting Line to heart. So many people telling me so much. All good advice and I listen to it all. It's processing the information and ultimately making my own decisions that will allow me to move forward.

Your mind needs to rest. Take the weekend off and don't read any books, posts, or anything regarding relationships. Go somewhere to get away and just relax without cramming more information into your brain. Come Monday, maybe you'll feel rested.

Considering being a WAH, which may involve a OW. I don't know. It screams "bad idea!", but it also could be the 180 needed to turn my life around. I don't know.

Becoming a WAH is one thing, but why on earth would you involved an innocent person in this mess? It sounds as if you plan to "use" another woman...….either to make your W jealous, or for a revenge affair, or just for your sexual pleasure. Perhaps I misunderstand you.

Let me ask you this, do WW feel their R with OM is genuine? Or do they know in the pit of their thinking that it's wrong?

What does the "R" mean in your question, relationship or reconciliation?

Ugh! Sorry, I obviously saw OM and read it as "H". Okay, the answer is not one that I know how to give in just a few words. It's more complex than a yes or no. First of all, this sounds like a logical question, but WW's are not logical creatures. I would like to think that I knew down in the deepest part of my being it wasn't genuine, but I wanted the fantasy so badly that I didn't question how genuine it was. When you are deceiving yourself, you tell yourself how things will be better and different......and to h3ll with what everyone else wants. The WW thinks this is her only chance to be happy again. Her brain and emotions are responding to those feel good chemicals that come from the affair with OM. Have you read how affairs are addictive? If her affair ended today, it doesn't mean she'd fall into your arms and be ready to reconcile. In fact, many WW's just move on to find OM#2.....b/c they are addicted. So, whether or not she feels the relationship with OM is genuine...….really has little effect on your M, IMHO. It doesn't matter if it's genuine...….it is WRONG, for sure. I explain more about the feelings and how WW's operate in some of my threads. I'm trying not to get off into more than necessary at the moment.

What type of social actives are you considering?
If D4 wants to see OM that is up to her

Lol, no it's not. She's 4.

Yes, you do know. You just don't like it. Stick to your values, whatever they may be.

The WW probably does FEEL their R with the OM is legitimate, but they know that it really isn't.

Why? Did you discuss what the MC said about D4 seeing OM, and that you were powerless to stop it, etc.? Pain, you can't share this stuff with her. YOU are the one in the counseling sessions....not her. She may ask and act interested, but it's b/c she's nosy. She is thinking about what benefits her the best. I've tried to tell you that it is shooting yourself in the foot whenever you "share" this type of information with her. It's private and as long as the M is in this crisis, due to her being in an affair or other wayward actions...….you cannot afford to share things of this nature with her, b/c she is not the woman she once was.

I did not say I was powerless. I said that I cannot control D4's happiness with OM. And she never asked. I just had to tell her that the MC told me that I was wrong in controlling D4's happiness.

Other than that, I stopped sharing, with the exception of what was equivalent of firing a cannon onto my lower half last weekend.

I understand the rest. I rarely share my MC sessions with her. Last night was the second time in 6 months I shared.

Brace yourself, b/c I think she's going to tell you all about her negative feelings, and then she's going to ask for a divorce. I think she will try to convince you that it's the only answer to a bad situation, she'll say how she'll always care for you (but just doesn't love you in the way a wife should) b/c you are the father of her child, and that she wants to remain great friends, yada, yada, yada. She may even throw in a few crumbs about how you both can spend time with D4, will always be "family", yada, yada, yada...….and sound as if traditions, holidays and special events will continue right along as always.

I never even considered that. But at this point, I have lost hope for anything else. When we first talked about D in our emotional states last weekend, we agreed to the consensus of having it move as quickly as possible. Then the next day...it's like the conversation never existed.

Your mind needs to rest. Take the weekend off and don't read any books, posts, or anything regarding relationships. Go somewhere to get away and just relax without cramming more information into your brain. Come Monday, maybe you'll feel rested.

I will do my best.

Becoming a WAH is one thing, but why on earth would you involved an innocent person in this mess? It sounds as if you plan to "use" another woman...….either to make your W jealous, or for a revenge affair, or just for your sexual pleasure. Perhaps I misunderstand you.

The consensus is no matter how I try to justify my desire for a purely physical R, it's a bad idea. Even if I am upfront about it to her it sounds terrible, yes? I'm not doing it for W jealousy. I'm not doing it as a revenge affair. Just for sexual pleasure. No misunderstanding there.

Ugh! Sorry, I obviously saw OM and read it as "H". Okay, the answer is not one that I know how to give in just a few words. It's more complex than a yes or no. First of all, this sounds like a logical question, but WW's are not logical creatures. I would like to think that I knew down in the deepest part of my being it wasn't genuine, but I wanted the fantasy so badly that I didn't question how genuine it was. When you are deceiving yourself, you tell yourself how things will be better and different......and to h3ll with what everyone else wants. The WW thinks this is her only chance to be happy again. Her brain and emotions are responding to those feel good chemicals that come from the affair with OM. Have you read how affairs are addictive? If her affair ended today, it doesn't mean she'd fall into your arms and be ready to reconcile. In fact, many WW's just move on to find OM#2.....b/c they are addicted. So, whether or not she feels the relationship with OM is genuine...….really has little effect on your M, IMHO. It doesn't matter if it's genuine...….it is WRONG, for sure. I explain more about the feelings and how WW's operate in some of my threads. I'm trying not to get off into more than necessary at the moment.

I'll have do a search on your threads for more insight.

R2C, I was thinking of doing stuff with the folks here at my job. The guys asked me to hang out but I could not because I usually have D4 with me. Everytime I have a free evening, I go see music, or a theatre performance, or something light and arty. And I always do it alone.

I hear all of you on my thoughts of pursuing a physical A with an OW very dangerous.

My patience is tested everyday and I keep getting thrust back into the dark parts with the constant reminder that it's nowhere close to being halfway over.
R2C, I was thinking of doing stuff with the folks here at my job. The guys asked me to hang out but ...
Sounds like a good 180 and more social fun...
Sorry to hijack Pain,

Sandi can you take a look at my thread? We are having a great discussion on women and whether they lose their respecr for their H if he does too much housework/becomes too domesticated. Its on pg 1. We are all lookong forward to wives responses, and especially your insight!!
Need to find something else. Major video game release tonight. I don't play video games anymore.

You're forgiven equalzr smile.
Sorry, I forgot. I life tonight after work. Looking at a late night for an important project I need to complete. May be too tired by the time I drive home.

Seeing what options I have with D4 this weekend. I have been missing more and more and treasuring more moments with her.

The poor girl. I'm in tears as I type this...
Red Dead?
Originally Posted by NIBS
Red Dead?

Yep.
I have been missing more and more and treasuring more moments with her. The poor girl. I'm in tears as I type this...
This is one of your gifts. Treasure every moment. They grow up fast.
The consensus is no matter how I try to justify my desire for a purely physical R, it's a bad idea. Even if I am upfront about it to her it sounds terrible, yes? I'm not doing it for W jealousy. I'm not doing it as a revenge affair. Just for sexual pleasure. No misunderstanding there.

Well if you don't care anything about the other woman's feelings, then maybe you should consider a professional. Otherwise, you run the risk of hurting a woman..…..and yes, EVEN if you make your intent very clear. Whenever you are physically intimate with another person, what guarantee do you have that they won't have feelings for you? None! Even if you find some woman who cares for nothing but getting laid. Both adults should be responsible for facing any consequences attached to that sexual encounter...….but too many adults aren't. One gets pregnant, or one gets a STD, or one falls in love, or one has a crazy ex...…..or one turns out of be some nut case like in "Fatal Attraction"! Michael Douglas's character was just wanting sexual pleasure, and he thought the woman was on the same page. He wasn't counting on things turning like they did.

Look, it's not that I can't empathize with you. I'm not trying to sound preachy. I just want you to consider the risks involved. There are some guys who will tell you to go for it, and that it will give you sexual confidence. I'm saying to be smart. And whether you pay for it or find some woman who wants sex with no strings attached...….for gosh sakes USE PROTECTION!!!

Well if you don't care anything about the other woman's feelings, then maybe you should consider a professional. Otherwise, you run the risk of hurting a woman..…..and yes, EVEN if you make your intent very clear. Whenever you are physically intimate with another person, what guarantee do you have that they won't have feelings for you? None! Even if you find some woman who cares for nothing but getting laid. Both adults should be responsible for facing any consequences attached to that sexual encounter...….but too many adults aren't. One gets pregnant, or one gets a STD, or one falls in love, or one has a crazy ex...…..or one turns out of be some nut case like in "Fatal Attraction"! Michael Douglas's character was just wanting sexual pleasure, and he thought the woman was on the same page. He wasn't counting on things turning like they did.

Look, it's not that I can't empathize with you. I'm not trying to sound preachy. I just want you to consider the risks involved. There are some guys who will tell you to go for it, and that it will give you sexual confidence. I'm saying to be smart. And whether you pay for it or find some woman who wants sex with no strings attached...….for gosh sakes USE PROTECTION!!!

Sandi, I knew what I was going to get from you when I reached out to you. I wanted this, expected this, and got this.

This week and my reaction/outbursts are a case where I have my emotions taking over my logic. I have been able to keep it mostly in control the last three-ish months before I succumbed to it last weekend. I am a mess of emotion right now and very desperate and hopeless, especially when it comes to my future regarding sex and relationships. It's why I came here and asked that very question to all of you. I knew what the answer was going to be. And I knew I was not going to like it and get what amounts a (lovingly) hard slap to my face. I'm not hurt. I'm not offended. I harbor no ill feelings. I need to be the better man. For my sake and for D4's sake. And you are helping me be that man.

And in addition, I just want to say, and I mean this:

I love you all. I hope you know that you're saving my life by guiding me through what is without question the darkest journey in my life.

I cannot thank everyone enough.
One more thing...I will care about the other person's feelings. Even though I say it's not going to hurt when it's over, it's a lie. It's definitely going to hurt.

I don't think I could go through with that.
Minor update -

Started to feel better after my post of being grateful to all of you. I felt some warmth and comfort coursing through me. I started to smile more and crack jokes at work. I went to the gym and lifted, shopped for some groceries, and am now finishing a work project.

W texted me three times and called just now. I did not answer. I'm GAL.

I also want to reflect back a few days ago when during the heated diatribe between W and I and just came to epiphany - I made her crack. I made her lose it.

I f*cked it up by getting what was arguably bad advice from my MC and then telling W about it and whatnot, giving her back some of the ball-tightening power back...but I was able to swing and connect.

I feel like I rebounded quicker than usual after this most recent crash. I am not feeling as much pain reflecting on W's sex emails to OM right now.

Let's see what this evening and tomorrow brings.
Try to detach some more P. Keep the GAL coming.
Good! I would just not talk to your W if it's causing so much pain. My priest told me this: unless she is wanting to work on the marriage, what is there to talk about? I was in a similar position and talking to my W just drove me crazy. So I stopped talking to her. I felt better.

That's how breakups go. The longer you keep talking, seeing each other, and drawing it out the harder it is to let go.

Set that schedule for your daughter and then you don't need to talk to W.
Good! I would just not talk to your W if it's causing so much pain. My priest told me this: unless she is wanting to work on the marriage, what is there to talk about? I was in a similar position and talking to my W just drove me crazy. So I stopped talking to her. I felt better.

That's how breakups go. The longer you keep talking, seeing each other, and drawing it out the harder it is to let go.

Set that schedule for your daughter and then you don't need to talk to W.

She is sensing that I am detaching and she is (albeit very slowly) starting to "get concerned" and that I should just chat like we "used to".

I still have no regrets going back to my house. She feels uncomfortable, she can get out. Call it an in-house S, call it whatever. I deserve my bed.

DB Day 89.
Day 90

Key milestone.

Will update once I'm done with this weekend. Good one so far.
Day 92

Feeling good. Much better than this point last Monday. A fairly significant shift in our sitch. It's nothing to write home about, but it is of note.

To recap:

Friday evening I was talking to my dad who got into his verbal abusive characteristics (trashing my mom), to which I shut down. Told him I did not call him to drag mom's name in the mud. This whole call was about me. Leave mom out of it. W asked me if I made it home. I did not respond. I drove home and spent some time with D4 and W's mom. For the first time in a long time I actually talked to W's mom about our challenges, the depression we faced, and how hard it's been for us. We reassured each other that things will work out for the better. I told her I'm starting to see things turn around already. We went inside and both W's mom and D4 went to sleep. I get a call about 20 minutes after they went to bed. I ignored it. It was way past D4's bedtime. She texts me that she was "trying to catch me and if D4 is ok". I ignore it. Just as I was going to my shower (I love long hot showers) I overhead W's mom talking to W. I hear W's mom telling W that "he is in his bedroom doing something". I also assumed that since D4 and W's mom are co-sleeping that W's mom told W that D4 is ok so I had no need to respond. So I continued about my night. I showered, and said my night prayers. She texts "hello?" and then tries to call me. Ok...I pick up. She seems "relieved" that I picked up. Asked me if everything was ok. I said "yes". She said she was trying to call me to check on D4. I said I heard W talking to W's mom and I assumed that W would have asked W's mom about D4 so I did not need to call. She said that is weird and still wants to go through me to talk...I said..."uh...ok...still do not understand it". She then tried to make small talk, I just told her "yes. Uh huh" and told her that I'm pretty tired and need to go to bed. End call.

Call at 7am the next morning. I ignored it (Phone was on night DND mode to it goes to VM). She asked me if I was on the other line. Again, I ignored it. W calls W's mom about what's going on with me. I don't hear anything. W's mom just sounded irritated that W called her and woke her up. I leave the house. I get W's call AGAIN. Ok...I figure I should let her know that I am ok and that I was GAL by myself before I spend the day with D4. So I pick up. She asked me repeatedly if I am ok. I repeatedly say "I'm great'. Makes small talk and told me about the party she went to where our friends were. Told me that they are all "miss me very much". I said "ok". She said they really want to hang out with me and felt weird that when W was there I was not there. I said that they want to get a hold of me to make plans, they can get a hold of me themselves. I was ready to end the call, but she kept me on the line. Started to talk a little about her moods and feelings and asked me how I was feeling. I validated. She kept asking me that this felt weird and asked me what was wrong. I said "wonderful. Life if great". She said I sounded manic. I said "no. I'm feeling great." She kept me on the line for almost 30 minutes. The longest we have casually talked. I wanted to end the call numerous times.

Had my DB coach session. Coach was happy for me that I'm standing up for myself. Picked up D4 and took her to breakfast. W texted and asked where we were going. I said that we were going to the coffee shop near our house. She said she can meet us there. Sure. Went there and had coffee and chatted for another 20 minutes. Again, I did not ask her to do any of this.

The rest of the day I spend with D4, shooting pictures, shopping, etc. W asked me how D4 and picture taking was. I answered "great!". No response for the rest of the day until that evening she called around D4's bedtime. I let D4 answer and D4 talk to her. When D4 was done, she hung up the call.

Two or three hours later she texted me three times in the course of an hour to "check how D4 was and if she went to bed with no problems." I finally replied that she went down with no troubles. End Saturday.

Yesterday, I got ready for another busy morning with D4. Went to get some groceries and W called. I let it go to voicemail. She left a message telling me that our friends wanted to see D4 at lunch. So I made plans to drop D4 off and go about my day. W called around lunch and started to talk about her work sitch. I listened and dropped off D4 with W and her friend. Friend asked me to stay for lunch, I said I had to go do other things. Went home and...cried. Got myself together and finished getting slow cooker food going. Left for a few hours. W called and asked me if I was going shopping. I said no (figured she can shop for her own food). Went home, W asked me to clean some of the house, I agreed. Went to my bedroom, prayed, showered, and went to sleep. Think W knocked on my bedroom door and opened it and saw that I was asleep.

End weekend.
New thread:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2819793&#Post2819793
© DivorceBusting.com