Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Sunchsr Please help me. - 01/18/18 03:16 AM
Married for almost 2 years. She says I was emotionally abusive and that she wants a divorce, this was right around Christmas. I moved out (kicked out) this week. She shows ZERO want to reconcile. I stopped talking to her when I moved out. Someone please help me. Thanks in advance for any advice
Posted By: Cadet Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 03:35 AM
Welcome to the board

Sorry you are here but you will meet some wonderful people here and get some great advice.

Yes first thing you should do is be sure to read the Divorce Remedy (DR) book by MWD
http://www.mcssl.com/store/mwdtc2014/
http://divorcebusting.com/sample_book_chapters.htm

and Michele's articles
http://www.divorcebusting.com/articles.htm

You may be on moderation now, post in small frequent replies and stay on this thread until you reach 100 posts
(for your thread, you can also post on other peoples threads to give support).
Especially on this Newcomers forum, where the posting activity is very active,
and your posts can quickly fall to the bottom of the page or even several pages down.
Keep journaling and asking questions - people will come!
Most important - POST!

Get out and Get a Life (GAL).

DETACH.

Believe none of what he or she says and half of what he/she does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

Take the parts of this advice that you need and don't worry if I have repeated something that you have already done.

Here are a few links to threads that will help you immensely:

I would start with Sandi's Rules
A list of dos and don'ts for the LBS (left behind spouse)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553072#Post2553072

Going Dark
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=50956#Post5095

Detachment thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538414#Post2538414

Validation Cheat Sheet: Techniques and tips on how to validate (showing your walk away spouse (WAS) that you recognize and accept his or her opinions as valid, even if you do not agree with them)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457566#Post2457566

Boundaries Cheat Sheet
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2536096#Post2536096

Abbreviations
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553153#Post2553153

For Newcomer LBH with a Wayward Wife by sandi2
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2545554#Post2545554

Resource thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...224#Post2578224

Stages of the LBS
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1964990&page=1

Validation
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=191764#Post191764

Pursuit and Distance
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2483574#Post2483574

The Lighthouse Story
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2484619#Post2484619

Your H or W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.
USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon
Posted By: Cadet Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Sunchsr
She says I was emotionally abusive and that she wants a divorce, this was right around Christmas. I moved out (kicked out) this week. She shows ZERO want to reconcile. I stopped talking to her when I moved out. Someone please help me. Thanks in advance for any advice

SO is there any truth to what she said?
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 03:44 AM
Maybe. I can’t think of anything though.
Posted By: Cadet Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 03:53 AM
Just keep POSTING and one other bit of advice from Wonka
that I totally agree with.

Originally Posted By: Wonka
Get DR/DB book. Keep this to yourself. DO NOT share this book or this site at all with your spouse. It is your playbook and not to be shared with the "opposing" team.

It is important to clear the search/browsing history from your computer on a daily basis to prevent the possibility for your WAS to stumble on the DB site and discover your posts here on DB. Erasing the search history will protect your posts and you as well.

We have seen too many Marriages blow up in pieces after the WAS discovers the DB site or DR book. Why is that? It is because the WAS thinks, erroneously I might add, that you are "manipulating" them back into the M.

Keep the DR book and DB site very close to your vest.
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 04:06 AM
I appreciate the advice. Before I get the books, are there’s any tips to start with. We’re not even talking right now, so I don’t know what to do.
Posted By: Cadet Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 04:10 AM
We’re not even talking right now, so I don’t know what to do.

Believe it or not that is likely a good thing.

Read the links I gave you,
especially the pursuit and distance thread.

DB'ing is counterintuitive, so what you think makes sense is 180 the wrong direction.
Posted By: Coconut Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 04:13 AM
Sunchsr,

Not reaching out to her is good for right now. The first thing you need to do is look at yourself, if you don't know if you're emotionally abusive, then you need to figure it out. Maybe talking with an IC will help you.
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 05:07 AM
The only thing I fear from me being distant and not talking, (not pursuing), is that it’s exactly what she wants. It allows her to be free and lose every feeling she has for me because she doesn’t even have to think about me
Posted By: doodler Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 06:48 AM
Sunchsr,

Read the "pursuit and distance" link in the list of links that Cadet sent you. Right now, if you give her lots of space and distance, she'll be more inclined to return. It feels so counter-intuitive, but it's true.
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 07:02 AM
I actually did read it right before my last post! It’s just hard to believe.
Posted By: TBSakaJ9 Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 07:32 AM
If you think about it and the laws of attraction it makes sense. She made it clear she doesn't want anything to do with you and if you continue to call her, talk to her, initiate conversation, etc. you won't look attractive in her eyes because you are diminishing your own self-worth. She has treated you like $hit but yet you keep coming back for more. Instead you should be saying F-that, I don't want anything to with you and start moving on with your life.
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 07:38 AM
I want a reconciliation though, not to move on.
Posted By: AnotherStander Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 07:38 AM
I actually did read it right before my last post! It’s just hard to believe.

DB'ing is counter-intuitive. Every fiber of your being is telling you to beg, plead, reason, explain, apologize, grovel, buy gifts, etc. etc. Those are the WRONG things to do, they never, ever work. Read the book. Read Cadet's links. Read Sandi's rules:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553072#Post2553072

Give your W time and space while you read and learn. Leave her be. No pursuit. In the meantime read some other threads here for ideas on the info you need to share for us to effectively help you (so far you've shared very little). Good luck!
Posted By: Cadet Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 07:50 AM
I want a reconciliation though, not to move on.

Don't move on - move forward.

What are some of the things that you can do to make yourself more attractive?
To be a better person?
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 07:53 AM
I know some things I can do. Personal fitness and financial, to start with. But how would she even take notice. Like really how would she even know
Posted By: TBSakaJ9 Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 08:12 AM
Sorry...poor choice of words, yes move forward.
Posted By: Cadet Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 08:13 AM
how would she even take notice.
Like really how would she even know

First DO IT - and I will bet you that she notices,
it may take a while but they do notice.
Posted By: Maika Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 08:22 AM
I will give you my shorthand for the terms

Moving Forward
1. Understanding where you fell short in the relationship and making improvements in those areas (communication, dealing with conflict, do you have Nice Guy Syndrome? etc.)
2. What are your personal values and how do you define your integrity as a person - what will you accept and not accept from another person? Understand those and develop boundaries for all relationships.
3. What person do you want to be staring back at you in a year from now? Become that person. Become that authentic person, not what she wants or what society wants. Are you a slob now and would like to get fit? Go do it. That's just one example.

Moving On
Coming to a place of peace and understanding that you do not want a relationship with this other person and are ready to find other partners or relationships more suitable to your needs.

Moving Forward doesn't mean that you've moved on. It means that you are not standing still and will fully figure out how to live your life without worrying about the other person.

If moving forward is difficult to figure out, don't ask yourself - "How did this happen to me?". Instead ask "How did I let this happen?" and figure out answers to that question and make improvements. Take some personal accountability and find that empowerment.
Posted By: Jmstl Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 09:07 AM
I know some things I can do. Personal fitness and financial, to start with. But how would she even take notice. Like really how would she even know

As someone who was in that spot 8 months, I will say this.

They will notice...But when they notice, you might be in a different position in your life and maybe not even care if they notice.

In June, I thought my wife leaving me was the worst thing to ever happen in my life. 8 months and a divorce later I can honestly say, it was one of the most painful yet best things to happen to me in a decade. I began to find out who I was as an adult, father, lover, friend etc.

I made changes to finances fitness etc. Yes xW noticed, but so did many other people.

Friends, Family, potential partners.

You can't save 100% of marriages, but you can regain 100% of your dignity.
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 10:44 AM
Quote:
The only thing I fear from me being distant and not talking, (not pursuing), is that it’s exactly what she wants. It allows her to be free and lose every feeling she has for me because she doesn’t even have to think about me

Do you believe pursuing her and not giving her space would be successful toward a reconciliation? It's a common concern among newcomers, but I assure you the more you pursue and crowd her with your presence.......the more resistant she'll be.

Read and apply the 37 rules.

Below is a copy of how to detach DB style. Detaching is a key ingredient to DB.

Healthy Detachment...(Posted by DBer Peanut originally)

I. Detachment

Detachment is critical to the process of altering and repairing a relationship.

Attached, we take personally ALL that is said, not said, done and not done.

When our ego gets wounded, we are more inclined to do/say things that undermine our goals.

When we are Detached from the actions of another, we can meet anger or indifference with love.

Met with love, we are in a position to diffuse the situation, and transform it in a way that will be in alignment with our goals.

On the flipside, detachment allows us to play it cool when we do get a positive reaction from our spouse. It is a way to break the distance/pursuer cycle.

Detachment is not withdrawal. It is not indifference. It is not the mind saying, ‘I am not getting what I want so I must pull back.’

It is the natural acceptance that we alone are responsible for how we act. We cannot control another person, but we can control how we respond to them.

We are responsible for our own actions (no one else is).

We are responsible for our own happiness. (No one else is)

PART II Detachment (found around here)

Detachment is the:

* Ability to allow S the freedom to be him/herself.

* Holding back from the need to rescue, save or fix S from being sick, dysfunctional or irrational.

* Giving S "the space" to be him/herself.

* Disengaging from an over-enmeshed or dependent relationship with S.

* Accepting that I cannot change or control S and it was never my "duty/job" to do so.

* Establishing of emotional boundaries between me and S, so that both of us might be able to develop our own sense of autonomy and independence.

* Process by which I am free to feel my own feelings when I see S falter and fail and not to feel responsible for his/her failure, faltering or learning.

* Ability to maintain an emotional bond of love, concern and caring, without the negative results of rescuing, enabling, fixing, demanind or controlling.

* Placing of all things in life into a healthy, rational perspective. (=Balance is a piece of detachment).

* Ability to exercise emotional self-protection and prevention so as not to hang on beyond a reasonable and rational point.

* Ability to let people I love and care for accept personal responsibility for their own actions and to not bail them out when their actions lead to failure or trouble for them.

* Ability to allow S to be who he/she "really is" rather than who I "want him/her to be."

IF & WHEN THESE ^^^ FACTORS ARE ADDRESSED, -

We could have a great friendship, or a great marriage. And those are treasures.
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 11:01 AM
I will care if they notice. I know I want this woman.
Posted By: Subitai Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 11:28 AM
Wanting her isn't going to get her. She needs space. Pursuing her removes space, which makes her feel like she has to run harder to get the space. When you make the decision to D, you're right in the thick of the worst feelings about the relationship. Someone trying to make you talk about it is only going to make you regurgitate those negative feelings and reinforce them from repeating them again and again and again.

My W said she didn't like being at home because it didn't feel 'safe' because at any minute, I would start begging her to reconsider. I had to pull waaaaaaay back. Ever since then, she's been more talkative, happier, and more receptive. She's even softened some positions. Nowhere NEAR talking about recon, but baby steps. She needs space to get there. Without it, she's got zero chance of focusing on anything but the things that drove her to drop the bomb.

As for her noticing, you need her willing to talk to you for her to notice, so you need to give her space until she feels safe trying to talk to you. THEN she can notice. Not until.
Posted By: Clyde Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 12:34 PM
I second all the advice already given to you, I was in your shoes not long ago. I read the advice given to me on this forum but still battled with the logic of it, and once I comprehended the logic I still battled with my emotions. Once I started to give her space, when she did not have to worry about me bringing up R talk, the dynamics slowly changed. We reconciled after a 4 month separation (something she swore was never going to happen), my W is happy being W/ me again (she commutes 30 minutes to/from work - when she gets off work she calls me right away and talks to me the whole commute home).

Use this time wisely, listen to what she has told you and address it and then some, become the husband she would be crazy to leave... she will notice.

This forum changed my life (and continues to do so), the advice and view points given up here are priceless. People around you may get tired of hearing about your sitch... but the people here have gone through it, and truly care.
Posted By: Sunchsr Re: Please help me. - 01/18/18 06:09 PM
I appreciate the ample amount of advice. We talked briefly today, about me going to get the rest of my belongings. That’s all. Still giving space. The advice here is incredible, I really appreciate it
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Please help me. - 01/23/18 05:01 AM
How about an update? Have you read the book?

If you can tell us more about the relationship since you were first with her, it would help us to see the story. Do you have any idea why your W has suddenly decided she wants out?

What did your W use to talk about when she was upset at you? Did she complain about certain things you were doing or not doing? Why would she say you were emotionally abusive? What does that mean?
Posted By: Kilo Re: Please help me. - 01/23/18 08:52 AM
Just something that has helped me recently.

I would find myself every night, re-thinking all my actions that day, and weather or not they were the right ones to do.

Recently on here or DB/DR I can't remember... started paying attention to the "more of the same".

I could continue to check in, act sad, mope around the house etc. And get the SAME RESULTS

or

I could start 180's, as hard as they might be, and get DIFFERENT RESULTS. Even the smallest bit of action will be more noticed than words.
© DivorceBusting.com