Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Bela Feeling beat down - 10/16/14 06:47 PM
I'm not sure how this works, but after reading some of the posts and books then watching the vidoes by Michelle i'm hoping something/someone can help me through this.

So here's my story..I've been with my H for 12yrs now we currently have 2 kids in the home son 11 and daughter 16. About 5-6 yrs ago my sil accused me of having an affair and went through months of hell of questions by H and i repeatedly would go through giving him answers and being called a liar because sil said differently.I did make it look bad when the one day I picked up this friend and to give him a ride somewhere and I lied to my H about being with him. I take full responsibility for that. We finally got past this or so I thought.
Fast forward to now. We had been trying to spend time together without the kids and talking more. We go to breakfast once a month with is mom and grandpa, no kids.

We just spent the weekend with a few friends in July and had a great time together. Then the week before labor day we went for a 10min ride and I had asked if he was okay cuz he had been distant all week. that was when he decided he wanted out. His reasoning was he never got over the A. He just pushed it down and was trying to make it work for the kids. The following night it was he was tired of busting his tale and having nothing to show for it. He always makes sure the house ppymt is covered and he has nothing in the bank for what he does. I never had an A and I don't know how to get past something I've never done.

he was still sleeping in our bed but no physical contact.I later discovered he was talking with another woman ( friend from before me). Long story short she was also a friend of my family and so my family went to her ( without my knowledge) and told her he was married and to back off. She did, she blocked him from all commuinication. I caught the brunt of it because she won't talk to him, even though I had no knowledge or say in what had happened. After that he then began sleeping on the couch, where is still is. I still make his coffee every morning, pack his lunch and lay his clothes out. He seldom will speak to me let a lone with anything other than hate in his tone when he does. I have stopped trying to talk and just have backed off. I took the db advice about not snooping or texting him. I thought for split second this week that things might be repairable. the reason being was in October he didn't help pay any of the bills. It was shared with me by my mil that on labor day he went to her and asked if he could move in for a few months. He hasn't moved and was spending money like water last month. I went to him and asked him if he could make the house pymt because I couldn't and that I was looking for a second job but for now could he help. He said he would cover it. We even had a good weekend, there was decent conversation by him and friendly so i am thankful for this. i thought maybe just maybe he was going to soften his heart a little and be nice. I was wrong. this morning I went to fold his blanket on the couch and was very nastily told to leave his [censored] a lone. I couldn't take it so i of course addressed the way he was talking to me and how he focuses on only negatives about me. I asked if he forgot the positives to me also. he replied is that is what it has come to.the hardest part is he has never been one to show emotion or say sorry if he was to be wrong. he isn't a physical person either, no hugs/kisses. I dont' know how to deal with someone who is just always so cold. I just left and went to work.

i try hard to follow the db advice about not letting him know how much he is hurting me and staying up beat and positive in front of him but he doesn't care. All I could do was cry on my ride. I don't want him to leave but I'm just so hurt and lost. I'm living with a man that I'm trying to make these changes if you will to try and save this and he hates me. he can only focus on how much he doesn't want to be with me and treats me as such.

Any advice is welcome
Posted By: MrBond Re: Feeling beat down - 10/16/14 10:02 PM
Sorry that you find yourself here.

Have you read the books yet?
Posted By: CaliGuy Re: Feeling beat down - 10/16/14 10:27 PM
You will hear it anyways .. might as well start now

Detach ... GaL .... PMA ... start some 180's Focus on what YOU can do. Keep us updated there are alot of good people here who have amazing advice. Chin up, and get ready to work.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Feeling beat down - 10/16/14 10:27 PM
Okabe,
Welcome to the boards. Glad you found us, sorry you need us.

MrBond is the guy to listen to, for sure.

Some suggestions for you:

1)Find Sandi's 37 rules and read them daily at first and as often as you think you need to.
2)Change your signature line like ours so it reflects your current situation.
3)You are on moderation so it will take some time for each post you make to show up, so don't get impatient with the replies. They'll come, just hang in there. Post in smaller more frequent posts until you get off mod.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 10/17/14 08:06 PM
I don't know what my situation is other than still living together and not speaking anymore. I updated the best I could. I did read one of the books but have many many more to go. Thank you for the advice.

I now have anxiety not knowing if he is going to still be there when i get home or am I going to find an empty house. How do you get past that?
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 10/26/14 09:45 PM
This weekend has been interesting to say the least. he is talking to me but with sarcasm and hate in his voice. It is still conversation i guess.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 10/30/14 12:52 AM
I keep reading Sandi's 37 rules. I work very diligently at following them. I don't know if it is helping or just creating even more space between us. We have had small talk the last 2 days, very short but it's something. He asked his mom what the plans for thanksgiving were so he knew how to plan. I don't knwo what that meant but was just happy he asked. He is also making the house payment for november. Still as confused now as i was last month.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 06/15/15 02:42 AM
It's been forever since I've been on here. I've had some small things stay consistent. he still makes the house payment faithfully. He is still on the couch frown We can barely have a conversation. He's hanging out with kids that are about 20yrs younger than him.
Posted By: Elly4 Re: Feeling beat down - 06/15/15 02:58 AM
Hi Bela,

What have you been doing for you? Are you doing any GAL? Are you in IC?
Posted By: Bob723 Re: Feeling beat down - 06/15/15 03:39 AM
Hi Bela,

I was going to ask the same questions my dear friend Eirinn asked.

Please let us know when you have time.

I'll dedicate a prayer for you right now.

Bob
Posted By: Cadet Re: Feeling beat down - 06/15/15 03:53 AM
Welcome to the board

Sorry you are here but you will meet some wonderful people here and get some great advice.

The first thing you should do is be sure to read the Divorce Remedy (DR) book by MWD
http://www.mcssl.com/store/mwdtc2014/
http://divorcebusting.com/sample_book_chapters.htm

You may be on moderation now, post in small frequent replies and stay on this thread until you reach 100 posts
(for your thread, you can also post on other peoples threads to give support).
Especially on this Newcomers forum, where the posting activity is very active,
and your posts can quickly fall to the bottom of the page or even several pages down.
Keep journaling and asking questions - people will come!
Most important - POST!

Get out and Get a Life (GAL).

DETACH.

Believe none of what he or she says and half of what he/she does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

Take the parts of this advice that you need and don't worry if I have repeated something that you have already done.

Here are a few links to threads that will help you immensely:

I would start with Sandi's Rules
A list of dos and don'ts for the LBS (left behind spouse)
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553072#Post2553072

Going Dark
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=50956#Post5095

Detachment thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538414#Post2538414

Validation Cheat Sheet: Techniques and tips on how to validate (showing your walk away spouse (WAS) that you recognize and accept his or her opinions as valid, even if you do not agree with them)
(http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2534754&page=1).

Boundaries Cheat Sheet
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2536096#Post2536096

Abbreviations
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2553153#Post2553153

For Newcomer LBH with a Wayward Wife by sandi2
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2545554#Post2545554

Resource thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...224#Post2578224

Stages of the LBS
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1964990&page=1

Validation
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=191764#Post191764

Pursuit and Distance
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2483574#Post2483574

The Lighthouse Story
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2484619#Post2484619

Your H or W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.
USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 06/16/15 01:29 AM
My apologies for the ignorance on the abbreviations..i'm trying to find what they mean. I am working on doing more things for me slowly. I just took on a second job so i can become a little more finacially independant. I am also working on having repairs done to the house without his help.
Posted By: HeavyD Re: Feeling beat down - 06/16/15 01:32 AM
Good for you!
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 06/16/15 01:38 AM
Thank you.
Posted By: Cadet Re: Feeling beat down - 06/16/15 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Bela
My apologies for the ignorance on the abbreviations..i'm trying to find what they mean.

Did you find the abbreviations link in the homework above?
It is the sixth link down.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 06/16/15 04:15 PM
Yes i did, thank you. this time i saved them to my computer lol
Posted By: Elly4 Re: Feeling beat down - 06/17/15 02:16 AM
Bela, I can't tell you how many times I have to look things up on that list. It is right at the top of the newcomers forum too in case you lose it.

GAL, getting a life. It's great that you're fixing the house and getting more independent. Is there anything fun that you can do for you? Can you take walks, classes, meetups? What do you like to do?
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 06/17/15 02:32 PM
I do some small things for myself. When I have time I go for short walks around my house. I don't do a ton of stuff yet. After all this happened last year i get high anxiety when i'm gone from the house for to long even if i'm with the kids, exception is work, so i'm doing little things. I have started reading again and working on my blanket project for my daughter and soon to arrive grandbaby.

I have also contacted a church that has support classes for separated/divorced ppl. Still waiting to hear on that.
Posted By: Hopeful321 Re: Feeling beat down - 06/17/15 02:34 PM
I have also contacted a church that has support classes for separated/divorced ppl. Still waiting to hear on that

This is a great idea. I just completed phase 1 and it helped me a lot.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 06/17/15 03:35 PM
i'm hoping it will help to get over the anxiety but also add some coping skills. I'm also going to re read the books as a refresher. I want to move out but I don't have a place to take the kids and realistically i want to keep my house.
Posted By: Elly4 Re: Feeling beat down - 06/17/15 07:21 PM
I hope they contact you soon. I don't know that I would be doing so well with my H in the house if I didn't have my counselor.

I agree with staying in your house. He's the one whom is having a problem. You are completely right to stay in the house, so good for you!

I know this is very tough for you so I'm sending you prayers and hugs.

E
Posted By: V2pt0 Re: Feeling beat down - 06/18/15 12:52 PM
Bela,

I just read up on your sitch. Sorry you are here, but you will find some great people and great advice.

Have you stopped making your H's coffee, preparing is lunch, and getting his clothes ready? With the way he us treating you, I would let him deal with those things. He is acting like a teenager and you are not his mom.

What GAL do you have planned for the weekend?

BW
Posted By: Elly4 Re: Feeling beat down - 06/19/15 07:54 PM
Thinking of you Bela.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 07/06/15 05:42 PM
how to you guys keep it together when still living in the situation? this weekend was such a nightmare for me. The sil that started the rumors and helped cause all this trouble 7yrs ago he had at our house this weekend and i'm suppose to play nice. Well by the end of then night after everyone left my emotional ass spilled my guts and feelings all over the place. Next day he acted as if nothing had happened. Ugh....such a mess
Posted By: HaWho Re: Feeling beat down - 07/06/15 07:47 PM
Hi Bela,

I read up on your sitch and like you I am living with my MLCer. We have two kids. I know how hard it is.

One of the things that has helped me is to try REALLY hard to keep up a PMA (positive mental attitude). First, I have kiddos watching my H act like a teenager so I need to pattern normalcy and offer stability. But also, it has helped me, too. It prevents me from getting drawn into his negative mood and sort of leads me to detach more effectively. I smile when he walks in the door! Try with each interaction to leave him with a positive impression of you. If you falter, brush yourself off and try again.

As for our living sitch, I was advised my my (DB) divorce busting coach to treat my H like a house guest. I think of detaching as compartmentalizing. I am standing but for my own sanity he is my house guest. I often think of him as a visiting relative. This definitely helps me cope better.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 07/07/15 03:57 AM
ThanK you.
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 07/07/15 04:02 AM
No, I still do all those things. I do them because I lover him and don't want him to change who I am. I don't want to become bitter or angry to a point of no return. I'm not going to make this any easier on him. I want or kids to see the positive of who I am and still can be through all of this.
Posted By: Elly4 Re: Feeling beat down - 07/07/15 12:46 PM
Hi Bela,

Did you ever hear back from the support group?

How do I keep up my PMA? I plan breaks for myself when my H is around or his family. I go to the grocery store, go upstairs in my room to read for a bit, do some laundry, take my son out for a walk, play with my s, and so on. I also don't beat myself up for backsliding sometimes. Does that help?

E
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 07/09/15 08:03 PM
Actually it does thank you. I have not heard anything from the group. I emailed them again today in hopes of a response.

I am almost year into this and feel like it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Truthfully how many men and woman that are in the same boat have been successful? I'm dealing with a man who doesn't show any emotions and seldom accepts any responsibility for his behavor
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 07/14/15 10:19 PM
So here it is and i apologize if it's tmi. Early saturday morning my dh decided he wanted to have sex. The way he went about it was more like a game of chase but the actual act itself was disconnected. He is still sleeping on the couch but he is friendlier and even a little work humorous with me. Not sure wehre this is going but we'll see
Posted By: Bela Re: Feeling beat down - 08/02/15 11:11 PM
I'm not sure of anything anymore but especially my own feelings. Since my last post we are talking (not about us) and it's very civil, almost as before. He is still sleeping on the couch. i can hug him without being pushed away or angering him. Honestly there i don't feel anything emotional. It's very strange. I'm thankful the stress is gone from the house but not sure what to make of it.
© DivorceBusting.com