Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: oad Hurt and Confused 3 - 07/30/14 10:19 PM
Link to old thread http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2473001&page=1

well I started a fulltime job today while I wait for my "Big Job" to come in. Today was the first day when I caught a break, feels good working full time again and I feel like I hit rock bottom and the only way now is up!!! The break I caught today was a little one, but working a full day and the little break gave me the mentality that today is the day I turn things around for ME!!! Positive thinking and feeling much better, oddly enough my WAW texts me that she heard I was working and asked if there was any news on the 'Big Job", I answeredyes that im working as a chef in a very nice sushi resteraunt in town while I await the results of the FPL lineman job. She responed with "Great, Good Luck!!!". Not sure if she is asking because of child support payments or if she is getting curious about me, either way Im good, it doesn't matter...now to work out and have a beer...
Posted By: Eatsma Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 07/30/14 10:20 PM
Nice! Good luck on the new gig!

smile
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 07/30/14 10:28 PM
thanks MLP wink
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 07/31/14 01:19 AM
I would think she was just being curious. If she was concerned about child support, given what you have said about her in the past, she would have been more direct asking about it. But that is mind reading.

At any rate, good going with the new job and I hope you land the lineman job. Lots of money in that!
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/03/14 09:13 PM
well today I went by the house to pack all our stuff, We had a good chat, she opened up about her school and I listened. She seemed curious about me, asked how my work was, we reminisced a little about when our dog was a puppy...then my friend called and she asked me who it was (hasn't done that in a while...and she just seemed curious. I was in a great mood and had her laughing a lot, then I left...I feel I planted the seed of curiosity in her, she told me she plans on staying at her parents for like 3 months, then she mentioned its a good Idea if "WE" save our money. all in all a good encounter...now its time and bbq with friends. Im feeling a lot better these days been keeping busy...
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/04/14 05:34 AM
Good to hear oad. Sounds like a good day for you, and you are right, you probably did plant a seed which will begin to sprout over the next few weeks.
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/04/14 07:10 PM
Good to hear.
Posted By: u-turn Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/04/14 07:43 PM
Sorry to butt in like this, but others have assured me that it would not be a problem.

Sandi - if you get a chance, could you read through my thread and give me some input. I would really appreciate this as I have read your comments to others and really like your honesty

Thanks Vet.
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/10/14 08:27 PM
no problem u turn...ive done it as well...

so ive been busy working and GAL, hence my lack of posting, working 50 hours a week and getting the house ready for renting, WAW still contacting me a lot, even though its just about the house or the girls. Yesterday she talked with her cousin and told her she plans on staying at her parents for a while and hopes one day to live in our house again, but without me, she says she just wants to start fresh(again without me). Cousin says that she sees a lot of resentment still in her and sees her as a completely different person who now just cares about her status and money. I wonder if we will ever really have another chance at this? seems she is moved on...anyone ever heard of someone coming back from this state? also she said she seemed very sad and going through some issues and took cheap shots at me, her cousin says that I should just move on that she has changed. anythoughts?
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/11/14 05:10 AM
remember oad, believe none of what they say...
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/12/14 02:55 AM
thanks pilot you are right, Today when I went to pick up my daughters at my WAW school she called and asked that I call her when I get there, so I called and told her I was 5 minutes away, she then walked to the classroom where they where at (she is the principle) and got the kids and met me infront of the office. Now she never has done that, not even during the summer when she would not be busy at all, today was a crazy day for it was the 1st day the teachers returned to meet her(she just got the position over the summer). She was dressed really nice, she looked so dam beautiful I felt like grabbing her and kissing her, but I didn't, I acted like cool hand luke, made her smile a couple times then I think I may have messed up, I told her "you look beautiful" she gave me a big smile and said its because today she was meeting the new teachers, she seemed a little surprised by my comment and she almost seemed a little giddy, we then talked about the house and I said good bye and she said it back in a really sweet tone....

sandi would love your input here, am I looking to much into it? should I just continue to go with the flow?
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/12/14 03:35 AM
oad sandi does not need to answer that. you know the answer already.

Of course you are reading too much into it, and yes you should just go with the flow.

just relax and keep at it. I do not think you messed up by telling her she was beautiful. just say it and move on. do not expect a response or a favorable compliment in return.

keep at it!
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/12/14 10:41 PM
Ok so things are getting interesting, today I went by her office to get the girls
She was at her desk and asked her secretary to go get them.
We stayed and talked, when I sat down she stopped working on her computer
And gave a big sigh and lifted her shoulders and gave me
A big sad smile, she never stopped looking at me the whole time.
Man I just wanted to kiss her but again was cool hand Luke
Spewing of self confidence, we had a great interaction again and
Although I can't get my hopes up, I felt we are somewhat connecting little
By little. I know I have no idea what the hell she is thinking
But I haven't seen that look in like 6 months. It's getting interesting now!!
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/15/14 09:08 PM
wow things are peacefull, my WAW is living at her parents and from what they tell me she is very sad, and always there or at work. Yesterday we had a nice phone chat where we actually shot the crap and talked casually about our jobs. It felt like how we used to talk. Today at work I texted her a picture of a sushi roll I invented for the resteraunt(I got promoted in one week from chef to sushi chef). She immediately texted back "Wow!! would love to try it!!!" so I answered "you will ;)". Im still being consistent with my actions and my confidence level is flying high, I guess she senses that its not an act. I really feel good, still heart broken, but I know either way I will be fine. I think WAW's in general can pick up on the insecurities in you. She almost seems happy when we talk. Ive taken the initiative in getting our girls school supplies(something I never did before). all in all we are progressing slowly but steadily. lets see what the weekend brings. Another thing I noticed she stopped all her facebook postings, don't know what that is about?
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/16/14 05:29 AM
oad,

Glad to see things are progressing for you. You also seem to be more at peace, which is always a good thing. You handled your W texting about the sushi well, however, if something like that comes up again, next time leave out the "you will". You had her at her comment. Let her 'want' it and not 'know' she can have it.

At any rate, glad you are moving forward. Keep at it buddy.
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/16/14 05:58 PM
Hey cool hand Luke- smile

Yes, don't read too much into her contacting more, b/c there are probably are legit reasons. You did not make a mistake by giving your W a compliment, and she obviously liked it. Don't misread how you saw her that day at school. She is excited in her new position and yet recognizing there has personal pain for you (maybe both of you). As a woman, that could explain a "sad" smile.

Don't take any of those things to be a "sign". Just take the good moments as they come, and to mean no more or no less. It is better to have a pleasant interaction than an ugly one, right?

I'm glad things are more peaceful. Sometimes a physical separation helps. And, yes, there have been couples to S and years later, R the M or get remarried.
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/16/14 08:13 PM
thanks sandi for your input. I guess im just hoping that things may be turning around. Being peacefull is a good thing to let the dust settle, we have been separated now for like 5 months and BD for 8 months. Just gonna keep being cool hand luke. as far as I know and what everyone tells me there is no other man in the picture, she is super busy and stressed on her first year. I complemented her as a way to show that im not just a friend, im more than that wink. anyways I guess this is how things begin, slow and steady.
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/19/14 02:13 AM
well this weekend was good, yesterday I dropped off my girls school supplies at her parents and we finally hugged a real hug, no pat on the back...and on my way out she said in a very sad voice.."we'll be ok" to which I responded " we will always be ok as long as we are united for the girls". today I went by her office, I had a small arrangement of flowers sent to her that said " Good luck on your first year, I know you will do good..O.D" she responded with a text "Thank you for the flowers!!! they are beautifull!!!". when I saw her today her face lit up, there where other flowers in her office and without me asking she told me who they where from...I wonder why she would just tell me that? any thoughts? so far still so good.
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/19/14 09:45 PM
Quote:
when I saw her today her face lit up, there where other flowers in her office and without me asking she told me who they where from...I wonder why she would just tell me that? any thoughts? so far still so good.

Don't think anything of it. She obviously was thrilled that people thought enough to congratulate her new job by sending flowers. When a woman doesn't voluntarily tell who sent the flowers, then there may be room for concern.

Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/19/14 09:53 PM
glad to hear that sandi...thanks for checking in on me. Im gonna keep being cool hand luke and kicking but at my job...I do have my sad moments, but I am not pursuing her or texting her and taking things as they come.
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/19/14 09:55 PM
sandi what do you think her commenting to me that we will be ok was about? her insecurities or testing me to see if im over her and excepting divorce?
Posted By: Fartiltre Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/20/14 11:18 AM

Hi Oad
I have read through your threads the past few days and just wanted to chime in with a little something. I do not know if you are familiar with my story, but I am also equipped with a perfectly amicable and nice WAW and (seemingly) no OM. I am 1½ year into this and all though I believe I have learned so much I do not consider myself even remotely to be a VET. Do apply this fact when reading through the below.

Also know that the below is well meant!!! I might come out criticizing or likewise but my only goal is to make you think since that might add a new light to your experiences.
You do not need to answer the Qs to me – just think about the answers.

The first thing that pops in my head when reading is the lack of reasons for the BD. You described a little in your first post but since then only this: “One of her complaints was there was no stability with me.”
Why do you think she left you?
Several times you mention W saying “He hasn’t changed and he never will”. Your cousin even told you "You need to change some things, lets talk in person when I get back" and you wondered what that meant?
As I read the VETs in here nobody leaves a perfectly good M and thereby not a perfectly good H.
Your W won’t come back to the same you!
What do you think she wants/wanted you to change when you lived together beside the stability? Try pointing your answers towards yourself, your behaviors, your ways and so – this is about YOU!
(25y already asked you something like this but I can’t seem to find the answer.)

What have you changed about you, the way you live, your POVs – YOU in general since BD
Try comparing this to your answer to my first Q
I do not find any places in your post where you adress this matter directly....and I wonder why smile

You expressed confusion about the different advice you get in here.
I have felt the exact same way about a year ago – getting advice I originally thought were different. The advice given to you is not that different as Sandi explains in one of her posts.
The essential thing in this is that you have to make up your mind about the whats, hows and when’s and IMHO you are drifting around. You let the VETs and others advice influence you on a daily basis and you let your Ws doings and sayings influence you on a daily basis. You analyze and think all the time and you change your heading, believes and path often! There is nothing wrong in doing this, but doing it in a timeframe as short as you will just add confusion to you, your W and your surroundings.
Slow down! It is a looong trip and you have plenty of time.
(I used to be world champion on exactly this part smile )

If your W lacked stability in your M - how do you think she perceives you these months?

“so ive been busy working and GAL”
What GAL-activities have you been doing since BD?
Be exact and do focus on NEW activities!

Make this about you!
I would suggest that you read “7 habits” by Steven R. Covey. It’s a fantastic read and in a passage he ask his readers “If you died tomorrow what would you like people to say ABOUT YOU at your funeral”. Give it a thought….and then try to make it happen (not the dying part smile )

IMO you are focusing very hard on your Ws doings. Case is that you need to focus on YOU! It is said so often in here but in my experience many (including myself) takes a long time to understand this concept. We think we do – but we don’t.
Somebody told you to move on with your life as if W do not come back and THAT is exactly what focusing on you means. This includes for you to find out what makes you happy and then working on making this happen.
Hopefully there will be a common denominator in what your W missed in your R and what you think will make you happy – this should be your starting point!

Moving on is not the same as giving up on M in any way…I have realized after a looong time that moving on is very compatible with standing for the M and at the same time it is what is best for you and your children.

I do not know how much reading you have done but I will highly recommend starting this. Educating yourself will give you new perspectives and thereby also change you. It will help you find new ways, new things that makes you happy and so on.

You deactivated you FB-account. Why?
You write that it is to go dark but if you used FB prior to BD you are going dark on the world.
If you like using FB then deactivating it is you trying to control your WAW by going out of your own ways – IMHO

Labug once (a year ago or so) asked me if I was a gameplayer. At that point I didn’t even understand the Q but I do now! I did change a lot of things trying to win back W. Many of these things didn’t stick simply because they were not an honest part of me. I see you trying to do the same thing.
Whatever you choose to change – make it about your happiness
Leaving FB to go dark seems to me to be the exact opposite.

I see you trying to control your W by showing (or not showing) her stuff – the case is that it might work, but it won’t last. If your W decides to R at some point you want it to be with you and not some kind of alter ego that you have developed to seduce her.

So OAD,
I see your sit as resolvable but I also see you drifting around and that won’t resolve anything.
Find the way YOU believe in – and make the goal to make you happy without W.
It is counter intuitive until you think deeply about it!

Some studying you could choose:
If you go through my thread from last juli and august last year you will find a lot of invaluable advice from Sandi2, LoveTheHub and others. I believe these apply very well to your situation as well.

Some books I enjoyed reading / listening
Love must be tough
The 5 love language’s
Hold on to your NUTs
How to win friends and influence people
Co-dependent no more
7 habits
NLP at work

I wish you all the best
F
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/29/14 01:30 PM
well it seems that although we are in a good spot she is now gunning even harder for the divorce, she has filed like 6 filings in the last 2 weeks...I feel as if she thinks im cool with this so now she feels better about it. Her brother talked to her last weekend and asked her to give it some time, her reply was "nope, im divorcing him". im so confused and wonder if there is any hope?
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/30/14 08:18 PM
Your feelings and concern are common with LBH'S. But rarely does the WAW think/feel what the H fears she does. In other words, you almost afraid to be nice or show friendliness b/c you don't want her getting the idea you are cool with getting D.

Whenever the LBH has given so much resistance that there has been a long period of unrest between the couple, then yes, she could feel a sense of "relief" that you have stopped fighting her on the D. However, in many cases, once she gets past those first few sighs of relief to enjoy some peace for a change......then she begins to question herself. "Why is he okay with a D?". "Does he want to be free of me?". It is like she shifts gears and starts looking at you in a different light. If the H plays his cards right, he can turn things around.

I don't tell you this to cause you to analyze her every word, only to let you know it is okay not to fight her about the D. Resistance doesn't always work in your favor!
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/30/14 08:30 PM
sandi, would the logic then follow if a LBS not only stops resisting the D, but accelerates it the W would take the same notice? Or is that too much too soon?
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/30/14 08:50 PM
Where I have seen it most effective is in the beginning of the stitch. However, I have also seen some cases where after a year or two, the LBH would "give up" (not necessarily file) but he would finally drop the rope.....for real. When it is done for real, the W knows it. She can tell, and if anything works to draw her back......dropping the rope usually can. Some guys have to file in order to drop the rope. I try to see the logic in that, and I think i do. Everyone has to do what works.

I am a firm believer in a man dropping the rope with his WAW. The problem is that most LBH'S have to go through so much cr@p before they wear down to the place they can turn lose.
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/30/14 08:57 PM
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I think the question is valid for oad as well as others reading. But would you not agree that dropping the rope and 'loving detachment' are different in execution? If so, why is loving detachment promoted far more than dropping the rope?
Posted By: Old Dog Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/30/14 09:01 PM
Is dropping the rope really the end of the line? i.e. not a strategy, but yeah, whatever, you win, do what you will.
Posted By: pilot Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/30/14 09:06 PM
Old Dog, from the LBS perspective, yea, it is the end of the line. Not necessarily a decision to never work on the M in the future, but a realization (and through action) that you are truly going to move on with your life without your spouse
Posted By: sandi2 Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/30/14 10:57 PM
Quote:
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I think the question is valid for oad as well as others reading. But would you not agree that dropping the rope and 'loving detachment' are different in execution? If so, why is loving detachment promoted far more than dropping the rope?

This is just my opinion. For most LBS newcomers, they simply have a very difficult time with detaching. Many do not understand the concept or the how-to and think it is acting cold, angry, etc. I think that is why the term "lovingly detaching" came about, but I am not positive.

I do agree that loving detachment and dropping the rope are different in execution. That is not to say one has stopped loving their S if they drop the rope. Loving detaching implies that the LBS still hopes for reconciliation and that the detaching is only temporary.........or perhaps it is the way it is inferred by the newcomer. Dropping the rope, if done properly, is moving on with your life and no more tactics or strategies trying to get the WAS back. It is with a sense of finality, and I believe that is why many newcomers can't do it. I think it does resemble that you no longer hold on to hope of reconciliation. You make a decision to amputate that emotional rope from your life. She is free to do whatever she wants and you won't interfere. You live the way you want, without considering her reactions to what you do. There is no more "family" events where you and the ex spend a day together with the children.......like one big happy family. Why? Simply put......you live as though you are already divorced!

I have read many posts from people who claim they have dropped the rope......and yet it is so obvious many of them haven't. Dropping the rope is not a gimmick to draw the WAS back to you. If that is your goal behind DTR, you may not genially be able to accomplish it. And as I said earlier, some people aren't able to do it unless they file. I'd just say not to do it to just get her reaction!

Let me also add this. When the LBS finally DTR, many times the WAS will become more interested with R. ( That is why we advise newcomers to pull back and leave them alone.
). But anyway, bear in mind, that once you accept things and decide to move on........there is that chance of the WAS wanting back. You may or may not want to enter back into a R with them. That is up to you.
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 08/31/14 12:18 AM
thank you sandi...good to hear from you. I feel im on the path to dropping the rope. Even though we have had good runnings, I feel the divorce is inevitable. im finishing up my child care class I have to take and getting my financials ready to file this week. Her sister and her sister in law tell me to just go along with it for now....they also asked if I was dating anyone, I asked if she was and they said that she has no time, whenever she has time she is with them. I told them a lot during our conversation that I have been doing a lot of thinking and wish not to talk about it. they mentioned numerous times that we can get back together even if we divorce, but if she kills the marriage to try to save it im not sure I can return it. I miss her but for some reason im starting to enjoy my freedom. We haven't texted or talk for almost 3 days now. It seems when I have the girls she is always contacting me, but when she has the girls she goes quiet...and I just enjoy my freedom. We do not do anything together anymore as a family. I still have my up and downs but more ups now. Im starting to notice my old self coming back and in turn im noticing a lot of girls interested in me, it feels good to my ego and my pride is slowly being built up. Im not sure I have dropped the rope but im just making every interaction a pleasant one while not looking for those interactions (if that makes sense).

everyone don't worry about hijacking my board, a discussion helps us all wink
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 09/02/14 02:35 AM
well today my WAW told her cousin that she feels like something is wrong with her head....she told me that like 5 months ago, I told her to go see an IC and she said she would, well she didn't, I think now that we are not fighting anymore and she has nothing to blame she may be realizing that her unhappiness may not have been all my fault. She still says she is divorcing me but that she needs help. She is happiest at work and that her home life is miserable. Man I wish I could just hug her and help her. But there is nothing I can do, I hope she comes around so we can save our M...anyone go through this? could this be a sign things might be turning? In the meantime I have to continue on my own journey and keep on trucking.
Posted By: oad Re: Hurt and Confused 3 - 09/03/14 02:18 PM
well I didn't want to have to do this but I had to start filing my end of the paper work with the courts, she seems to be a lot nicer to me, and texting more then ever, we even had some light hearted texts...and like sand through the hour glass, these are the days of our lives.
© DivorceBusting.com