Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Wet Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 12:13 AM
Welcome to a post where prayers are encouraged and ideas discussed.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 12:20 AM
Here is a great prayer which I believe was originally posted by Starsky. This is a good place to start.

MY PRAYER FOR MY MARRIAGE:

Father, thank you for my family.

Thank you for giving my children to me to care for, and (wife's first name) to me to help.

Forgive me for the times that I haven’t appreciated them, or done my very best.

Father, I lift up (wife's first name) to you and ask for you to protect her today.

Protect her from physical and emotional harm, and from the enticements of this world. Strengthen her to be the godly woman and strong mother that you want her to be.

Give her encouragement that there is hope for our marriage, and that her efforts can result in a better, happier life for her, me and our children and grandchildren someday.

Please open her eyes to the painful realities of divorce and separation and infidelity, and give her wisdom to make good decisions.

Lord, I acknowledge that you gave us all Free Will, but I ask for your extra grace for (wife's first name) during this difficult time.

Father God, I lift up myself to you, and ask for you to give me strength today.

Give me the strength to do the daily work that needs to be done to restore my marriage, my family, and my finances.

Give me the wisdom to make good decisions, and please give me the godly discernment to detect potential danger to my family, and give me the courage to be vigilant and do what’s necessary to protect my wife and my family.

Lord, give me the PATIENCE to keep working at this, and help me put my faith in the substance of things HOPED FOR, And in the evidence of things NOT YET SEEN, instead of in appearances and the seeming hopelessness of a given situation.

Father, help me restore my marriage.

Help me to be a better father, a better husband, and a stronger example to my children, especially my young men.

Help (wife's first name) to be a better mother, a better wife, and a godly example to our children, especially our young women. Help her display, in her daily life today, the balance between strength and independence of a confident woman, and the humility and godliness that you require of her, and let that be an example to our daughters.

Lord, help me get thru this day, and live it in such a way that if it were to be the last day of my marriage, That you would be proud of the effort I gave, and the example I led.

I pray in Jesus’ name,

Amen.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 12:55 AM
Heavenly Father,
I know you desire our marriage to last a lifetime. Please protect, preserve, sustain, redeem, and restore our covenant. Do not allow sin, the enemy, circumstances, difficulties, or other people separate what you have joined together. In Jesus name, Amen.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 01:06 AM
Great prayer Jefe, here is one I found on the interweb somewhere:

"Father, I said, 'Till death do us part.' I want to mean it. Help me love You more than her, and her more than anyone or anything else. Help me bring her into Your presence today. Make us one, like You are three-in-one. I want to hear her, cherish her and serve her—so she will love You more and we can bring You glory. Amen."
Posted By: FunDad Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 01:35 AM
From Joyce Meyer Ministries: Prayer for Grief and Loneliness: "Lord, I am crying out to You right now. I need You, my heart is broken and I am overcome with sadness. You have sent Your Holy Spirit to comfort me, so at this very moment I open myself up to Your presence, Your peace and Your love. Thank You, Lord for filling me with Your overwhelming comfort, holding me in Your arms and surrounding me with Your healing love. Father God, the Bible says that because I am Your child, that You suffer when I suffer. Your Word is true, and so are You. With You by my side, I am never alone, and I have strength to face each day ahead. Thank You for holding me in the hollow of Your hand and for wiping away my tears. You are always here for me, and You will never leave me. In Jesus' name, Amen."
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 02:00 AM
I like it, Wet. Fundad, I think I grabbed that one from you the other day. Love it.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 11:34 AM
My question this morning is, when we turn our walk away wives over to the Lord, what should we be praying for them?

It seems controlling to me to ask God to keep the WAW away from sin, infidelity, the other man, and other "enticements of the world". I pray for my W to return to God and be blessed with more faith. Shouldn't we trust God in dealing with this, and trust He will use whatever our W's are dealing with and going through to return our W's to Him first?

I'm just thinking out loud...
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 12:09 PM
Do we not ask God to "lead us not into temptation" in the Lord's Prayer itself, which was the prayer that Jesus used as our specific example to follow?
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 02:08 PM
I ask daily that God will heal my wife's mind. We know that people in affairs have elevated levels of the "love chemicals" (PEA, dopamine, etc.) in their brains and that affairs are therefore like addictions.

I also fast from time to time and pray Isaiah 58:6 for my wife:
"Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?"
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 02:19 PM
I also pray these Bible verses on a daily basis:

Psalm 141:1-2
Jeremiah 33:3
Psalm 143:8-10
Psalm 139:23-24
Psalm 51:1-2
Psalm 141:3-4
Colossians 1:9-10
Ephesians 1:17-18
Acts 26:18
Galatians 5:16
2 Thessalonians 3:2-3
Ezekiel 36:25-26
2 Chronicles 20:15
Philippians 4:13,19
Isaiah 46:11
Isaiah 55:11
Psalm 121:2
Luke 1:37
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 07:08 PM
It's nice to find a group of men who pray and take the Bible seriously. I don't know what you think of Pastor Greg Boyd's theology, but I love this quote from his blog on the importance of prayer:

In fact, there are dozens of passages in the Bible that explicitly state that God changed his plans in response to prayer. (e.g. Num. 11:1–2; 14:12–20; 16:20–35; Deut. 9:13–14, 18–20, 25; 2 Sam. 24:17–25; 1 Kings 21:27–29; 2 Chron. 12:5–8; Jer. 26:19). For example, in Exodus 32 God announced his plan to destroy the Israelites and start over with Moses, since the Israelites had proven themselves to be “a stiff-necked people” (Ex. 32:9-10). But Moses interceded on behalf of the Israelites and changed God’s mind (Ex. 32:14). David later recounted the event when he wrote that Yahweh “said he would destroy them – had not Moses… stood in the breach before him to keep him from destroying them (Ps. 106:23).

Notice, Moses’ prayer wasn’t for the purpose of changing Moses. It affected God’s plan and was done for the sake of Israel. Had Moses not prayed, Israel would have been destroyed and God would have started over with Moses. Prayer really makes a difference.
----
Here is another one to encourage you in your prayers, Luke 18:1 (NKJV) says: Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

**** Whatever happens, do not be tempted to believe that He has lost control of your life. Pray and entrust yourself to Him who turns the hearts of men as He wills. If you are His child, He is your Abba, Father. His arms are strong, His power immense, His will unshakeable and His love immeasurable. From
Divorce: Hope for the Hurting (p. 62). I agree!
Posted By: CaliGuy Re: Prayer Circle - 09/30/14 10:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Wet
My question this morning is, when we turn our walk away wives over to the Lord, what should we be praying for them?

It seems controlling to me to ask God to keep the WAW away from sin, infidelity, the other man, and other "enticements of the world". I pray for my W to return to God and be blessed with more faith. Shouldn't we trust God in dealing with this, and trust He will use whatever our W's are dealing with and going through to return our W's to Him first?

I'm just thinking out loud...

I may or may not have shared this. I will be completely honest. Before BD I would not consider myself religious ... I had gone to church .. her church because ... well it would smooth her over for a bit and I could not hear some complaining for a short time. Then she left me, her sister had sent me a story .. and it got me thinking ... then one day after I was dealt with about as much pain as I could handle .. I got down on my knees, I asked Him to save me, take over my life as I have made a complete mess of it, I asked him to show me what He wanted from me and what path He wanted me on. That was about a year ago, and I can not tell you the 180's he did with me, and I see the work he is doing all around me .. and in my W.

So to answer your question... I pray for her everyday .. typically about 3-4 times is my routine (I take walks during my breaks and speak with Him) .... I ask Him to fill her heart with his love, soften her heart, help me become the Man, Husband,& father I need to be, the one He intended me to be. I also as that he help guide her, help me lead her to Him if possible, quiet our surroundings so we can hear His intentions for us, as I know that what He has put together no man should take apart. I have on occasion asked Him to remove those who will try to keep her off the path, but deep down I knew that was a selfish prayer so I typically have stopped that one.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/01/14 02:53 AM
Quote:
Here is another one to encourage you in your prayers, Luke 18:1 (NKJV) says: Then He spoke a parable to them that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

**** Whatever happens, do not be tempted to believe that He has lost control of your life. Pray and entrust yourself to Him who turns the hearts of men as He wills. If you are His child, He is your Abba, Father. His arms are strong, His power immense, His will unshakeable and His love immeasurable. From
Divorce: Hope for the Hurting (p. 62). I agree!

Good stuff right there, Wet!

Quote:
I may or may not have shared this. I will be completely honest. Before BD I would not consider myself religious ... I had gone to church .. her church because ... well it would smooth her over for a bit and I could not hear some complaining for a short time. Then she left me, her sister had sent me a story .. and it got me thinking ... then one day after I was dealt with about as much pain as I could handle .. I got down on my knees, I asked Him to save me, take over my life as I have made a complete mess of it, I asked him to show me what He wanted from me and what path He wanted me on. That was about a year ago, and I can not tell you the 180's he did with me, and I see the work he is doing all around me .. and in my W.

So to answer your question... I pray for her everyday .. typically about 3-4 times is my routine (I take walks during my breaks and speak with Him) .... I ask Him to fill her heart with his love, soften her heart, help me become the Man, Husband,& father I need to be, the one He intended me to be. I also as that he help guide her, help me lead her to Him if possible, quiet our surroundings so we can hear His intentions for us, as I know that what He has put together no man should take apart. I have on occasion asked Him to remove those who will try to keep her off the path, but deep down I knew that was a selfish prayer so I typically have stopped that one.

And that's what awesome testimonies are made of. I love hearing stuff like that.

My wife is the entire reason I even know God, so I know for a fact he's been working in our marriage since the very beginning.
Posted By: Nitty Re: Prayer Circle - 10/01/14 06:21 AM
In the first days after BD, all my prayers were begging prayers. "Please bring him back!"

But one verse that kept jumping out at me was, "Be still and know that I am God!" I realized maybe God wasn't done with my H yet, and that perhaps God wanted me to wait for Him to finish working on my H.

So I changed my prayer, focused it on me rather than on H.

Heavenly Father, I am so miserable, God, I've made a mess of things trying to fix my marriage. I'm backing off, God. I give my H to you. Take care of him because he's too much for me to handle!

I ask you to bless him, God, with whatever he needs, You know best. Help me accept Your outcome, whatever it may be. Open my eyes to what You want me to see as I know I am to learn something, too. And help me forgive, as you have forgiven me.

Send the Holy Spirit to fill me up when I am weak, and to guide my speech. Let me return his anger with love and kindness. Let me be an instrument of Your peace and love. Give your angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.

Thank you God, for the many, many gifts you've given me. I am truly blessed. My life is good, thank you, God!
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/01/14 12:23 PM
Thanks, Nitty!
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 10/01/14 12:23 PM
A nice prayer Nitty, thank you.

Here is a daily prayer for me: Lord, What do you want me learn today? What do you want me to learn through this? How do I glorify you today Lord? What do you want me to do, who can I help? Amen.
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/01/14 01:15 PM
A nice prayer Nitty, thank you.

Here is a daily prayer for me: Lord, What do you want me learn today? What do you want me to learn through this? How do I glorify you today Lord? What do you want me to do, who can I help? Amen.

I like this. ^^^ smile

Starsky
Posted By: Shakspr Re: Prayer Circle - 10/02/14 03:10 AM
I like everything about this thread.

Thank you, Father for the gift of amazing people in my life. Christ shows through them like the rays of the sun.

Don't have a specific prayer for my sitch; mostly just make 'em up on the fly!
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/02/14 04:20 AM
Prayers back your direction, Shakspr
Posted By: FunDad Re: Prayer Circle - 10/02/14 06:41 PM
Here is my (current) daily FOCUS Exercise:
Bow Your Head, close your eyes, clear your head of everything (marriage, family, work, obligations, your shortcomings). Listen and sense the stillness and peace of the holy spirit. Listen. Remember, it’s not about you, it’s about others. How can you use your life to help your wife, family, coworkers, friends, and even strangers? Ask the lord - what’s the agenda for today? Honor your work. Honor your wife. Honor your family and children. Honor your Savior. Reach out a hand to help somebody, every day, whether it’s online or on the street. Pray for protection, peace, unity, strength, and health for those around you. Don’t react. Do understand, and then respond. Don’t shy away from tough criticism. Do take responsibility. Do apologize when necessary. Forgive others, and allow them to forgive you.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/03/14 12:40 AM
Thank you, Fundad. This is the true spirit of what we're supposed to be doing.
Posted By: Nitty Re: Prayer Circle - 10/03/14 04:32 AM
Thank you, Fundad, I felt like I was praying with you.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 10/03/14 04:00 PM
Here is a prayer I like to pray for the "not yet saved" from Acts 28:25-27:

Dear God,
Open their eyes so they can see you;
Open their ears so they can hear you;
Soften their hearts in understanding, so that they can turn that they be healed.

and if you like add (from 1 Thess. 5:7-8), awaken them from their slumber, so that they are no longer people of the night. Amen.
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/03/14 04:21 PM
Dear God,

I pray that you will touch the hearts of Wet's, Jefe's, FunDad's, igit's, CaliGuy's, Shodan's and my wives, because we know that you can melt the heart of stone. Please heal their minds and bring them to their senses so that they are no longer ensnared by the evil one who is lying to them and telling them that their happiness will be found in adulterous relationships. We know that you hate divorce and that it was you that brought us together, so we should not tear these relationships asunder. We ask that you cause the adulterous relationships to implode and help our wives realize as Hosea's wife did that they were better off with their husbands.

I also pray that you will be with Nitty and her husband as they begin piecing their relationship back together. Please help her husband's desire to be only for her.

In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 10/03/14 07:01 PM
Thanks CC, I agree ^^^ (or Amen if you like). Peace and more of God's Grace, and favor to all of us.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/03/14 07:10 PM
Awesome, CC
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 10/04/14 02:37 PM
I hope you will allow me to ask another question about prayer for our WAS. Do you think we should ask God to forgive our spouse's sins?

Now this is different than giving our spouse's forgiveness. This is using our authority as a spouse to ask God's grace and forgiveness for our spouse's actions, as they may not be in a spiritual position to do so themselves. Here's a few things from the Bible to support the idea that perhaps we should:

Job Offers Sacrifices to Forgive His Children's Sins:
Job Chapter 1, Job is a man of integrity (Job 1:1). The children are apparently adults as at least one of them owned their own house. (Job 1:13). Job prays and offers a sacrifice for the forgiveness of his children’s sins (but not his wife?), (Job 1:5). He would get up early in the morning and offer a burnt offering for each of them. For Job said to himself, “Perhaps my children have sinned and have cursed God in their hearts.” This was Job’s regular practice.

For Our Friends:
Also the Bible story of friends bringing a lame man and lowering him through the thatched roof to see Jesus. And Jesus remarked in Mark 2:5 that it was his friend’s faith that forgave this man’s sins.

Mark 2:1-5 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. 3 And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. 4 And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. 5 And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” (ESV.) (parallel in Luke 5:17-29).

One more verse - 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/04/14 03:28 PM
...and as the spiritual leader of our house that God expects us to be, I think it is sound advice to ask God to do that. Jesus even prayed for the forgiveness of other's sins as he hung on the cross. "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do."
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/04/14 05:19 PM
I think we should and should ask for God to have mercy on them. Another thing I noticed is that when the centurion asked Jesus to heal his servant, Jesus never went to the centurion's house. So the servant didn't ask Jesus for healing. Jesus healed the servant on the centurion's behalf. So I believe we can pray for our spouses' minds to be healed from their affair fog.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/06/14 01:04 AM
Lord, I pray that You would set (wife’s name) free from anything that holds her other than You. Deliver her from any memory of the past that has the power to control her or keep her trapped in its grip. Help her to forgive any person who has hurt her so that unforgiveness will not be able to hold her captive. Set her free from everything that keeps her from being all You created her to be. Keep her protected from the plans of the enemy so that he cannot thwart the deliverance and healing You want to bring about in her life.
“Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” –Isaiah 43:18-19
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 10/08/14 12:04 PM
How about using the famous verse in Jeremiah 29:11 to apply to our marriages? It could read like this -

God, I thank You that Your Word says You know the plans You have for our marriage and our family, plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us a hope and a future.

A day brightener for everyone still in the battle.
Posted By: CaliGuy Re: Prayer Circle - 10/08/14 10:41 PM
^^^^^^^ Nice

So the other day I get a daily verse, AFTER I kinda backslid ... so fitting.

2 Thessalonians 3:5

May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/09/14 04:03 AM
Like that! ^^^
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/10/14 03:17 AM
Lord, I pray that You would set MDU free from anything that holds her other than You. Deliver her from any memory of the past that has the power to control her or keep her trapped in its grip. Help her to forgive any person who has hurt her so that unforgiveness will not be able to hold her captive. Set her free from everything that keeps her from being all You created her to be. Keep her protected from the plans of the enemy so that he cannot thwart the deliverance and healing You want to bring about in her life

Lord, You have said to call upon You in the day of trouble and You will deliver us (Psalm 50:15). I call upon You now and ask that You would work deliverance in MDU's husband’s life. Deliver him from anything that binds him. Set him free from other people and give him a heart ONLY for his wife. Lift him away from the hands of the enemy (Psalm 31:15). Bring him to a place of understanding where he can recognize the work of evil and cry out to You for help. If the deliverance he prays for isn’t immediate, keep him from discouragement and help him to be confident that You have begun a good work in him and will complete it (Philippians 1:6). Give him the certainty that even in his most hopeless state, when he finds it impossible to change anything, You, Lord can change everything.

We humbly ask for these thing in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, AMEN.
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/10/14 12:14 PM
Amen.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/13/14 02:51 AM
Heavenly Father,
I may not understand how everything will work out, but I trust You. I don't see a way, but I know You will make a way. I have faith that at this very moment You are touching hearts, opening doors, and lining up the right breaks and right opportunities. Things may look dark and bleak now, but I have faith that my dawn is coming!
In Jesus Name, AMEN.
Posted By: Nitty Re: Prayer Circle - 10/13/14 03:27 AM
Amen.

Lord, thank You for all You've given us. Please bless everyone on this board, and their families, too.

God, please bless the OW, help her in the way that You know is best. Help me let go of my anger toward her. Empty my heart of hate, God. Here, I let go of my hate and let it go. I don't want it back!

God, give us everything You know we need, to be the souls You wish us to be. I want to be that person You imagine, God!

Lord, let us be instruments of Your love. Let us be filled with Your love and let Your love touch everyone in our lives. When we are treated poorly, let us reflect back Your love.

And when we tremble and are in turmoil, God, help us to be still and know that You are God.

Amen
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/13/14 04:00 AM
AMEN, Nitty.

The bacon girl. I like you already!
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/13/14 04:08 PM
We've been singing "Jesus Paid It All" at church a lot lately. There's a verse in there that I really like:
"Lord, now indeed I find, Thy power and Thine alone, can change the leper's spots and melt the heart of stone." May God melt our spouses' hearts of stone.

Search for that song on Youtube. Kristian Stanfill has a nice version.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/13/14 04:35 PM
I love that song. "Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow"
Posted By: Starsky309 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/13/14 04:40 PM
"AMEN" to both of those. Great, unselfish prayers, and I believe that God will move!

Starsky
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/15/14 02:28 PM
Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this day and the people you have put into my life. Father, thank you for my beloved spouse and children. Thank you for the love you have for me and the forgiveness you have given me. Thank you for your Son, who lives in me.

Lord, thank you for the love you have poured into my heart. Your unconditional love overflows my heart. You know my heart Lord and the depths of my love for my spouse. I pray that you will pour your abundant blessings upon her and me. My spouse is a very special person to me, who I love dearly and will never leave nor forsake ever again no matter what. I know that my past had wounded my heart, but you have healed it and taken away the things that kept me from loving as you would have me do. Lord, I pray that you will continue to change me and make me into the husband, and father you would have me be. Lord, I know I hurt my spouse and caused her heart to harden. Lord Jesus, I pray that you will soften her heart and lead her to you and back to me. I know she believes in you as do I. Lord, your word has shown us what you would have us do and that you want us to stay together and forgive and reconcile. Lord, I pray that we will both submit to your will and reconcile. I pray that you will heal and restore our marriage.

Lord, I lift up other hurting marriages to you. Father, marriage and our spouses are gifts from you. I pray that you will touch all of our hearts and bring us closer to you. Bring our spouses close to you. Restore our marriages so that we may be one as you have shown us in your word.

O God, we pray this Marriage Restoration Prayer in name of Jesus Christ – Amen
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/15/14 03:56 PM
I think this fits our situations pretty well too:

God CAN and WILL Turn a Prodigal’s Heart!
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/20/14 08:45 PM
"Dear God, I give you what I am, but I especially give you what I'm not. And I'm not going to stress over it. I am not going to be frustrated over it. You change me. You make whatever You want me to be. I am Yours, gifts and weaknesses, here I am. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 10/20/14 09:29 PM
^^That's a good prayer.
Posted By: CaliGuy Re: Prayer Circle - 10/20/14 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Jefe
I think this fits our situations pretty well too:

God CAN and WILL Turn a Prodigal’s Heart!

Wow Jefe ... I am book marking that link, I needed that more than ever today. I decided to take a delivery ... just to get out of the office and do some PR with a client. The truck has no radio, no AC, no cruise ... nothing. I was alone with my thoughts and the beating wind for 3 hours. I went through so much in my head and realized .... I am my own worst enemy, it is out of my hands and I had a talk with God ... seemed I was the one doing all the talking ... lol. But yeah .. That link is a nice reminder... and one I will revisit.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 10/29/14 01:07 AM
Hi everyone, I thought I would bring up something that may cause you to think I am crazy. But perhaps some of you out there can relate.

I believe there is a spiritual bond between two people when they are together. The longer together the stronger the bond.

So I was recently at a chicken wing restaurant with my s13. And the female servers were not provocatively dressed, but they all wore tight tops. So s13 was tired and almost sleeping in his seat, and I started looking at the numerous young women in the restaurant. And I was having inappropriate thoughts, and ALOT of these inappropriate thoughts.

Please trust me, this has never happened before. I do not gawk at women, and I always keep a proper decorum when I am out. But that night, I looked at each server and my thoughts were out of control.

Perhaps this is a rationalization, but I don't think so. I think I tapped into my separated W's spirit, and something provocative was going on. My theory: I had inappropriate thoughts about the female servers at this restaurant because my W was involved in a sexual situation at the same time.

Sometimes I feel depressed, when there is no real reason for it. And when I pray and ask for a God to place a wall between my W and I and the depression always leaves. Anecdotal evidence? Of course, it is. But there may be something more going on in the spiritual realm than we realize.

Anyone have any similar experiences?
Posted By: MrBond Re: Prayer Circle - 10/29/14 02:07 AM
You're overthinking things.

"My theory: I had inappropriate thoughts about the female servers at this restaurant because my W was involved in a sexual situation at the same time."

No it's because you haven't had sex in a few months. It's a base human desire and it's nothing to be ashamed of. You're a guy, they are attractive women. Period.

"Sometimes I feel depressed, when there is no real reason for it. "

Of course there's a reason for you to be depressed. Rather than being with the woman you love with your son, you're alone. We all get that way. Believing in God and knowing He's with you is great. But it doesn't compare with having a flesh and blood spouse with you to physically hold your hand and comfort you.

That's why it's not easy.
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 10/31/14 04:07 PM
Lord, I pray for Your will in me so that I may do Your will through me. Hold me up when I'm afraid. Give me words when I fail. Give me strength when I want to run. Give me courage when I want to hide. Your will, not mine.

In Jesus name, AMEN.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 11/08/14 02:17 AM
Hi everyone, I wanted to share an encouragement for prayer. If you ever feel like your prayers are going no where, or bouncing back from the ceiling, check out Pastor Timothy Keller's answer about "unanswered prayer":

Religious News Service: Why do some prayers go unanswered or seem to?

TK: J.I. Packer says that ultimately “there is no such thing as unanswered prayer.” I believe that is true, though from another perspective...

In other words, God will either give us what we ask or will give us what we would have asked for if we knew everything he does. This means there is a “safety catch” on prayer. God won’t give us things we may ask for in our limited knowledge that wouldn’t be the best...
Posted By: Jefe Re: Prayer Circle - 11/19/14 04:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Maybell
Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore let us also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Posted By: UpperCu Re: Prayer Circle - 12/08/14 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Jefe
Originally Posted By: Maybell
Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore let us also, seeing we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The lesson in my church this morning was on this passage. The speaker reminded everyone that God is sovereign and that what Christ suffered was far greater than what any of us is going through.

My prayer for my wife is that she would be relieved from the chains of sin tonight. That she would think about who Christ is and what he did to free us from sin. No matter how great our sin, there is freedom and we have help in dealing with the pain and consequences of sin in our lives.

God, please soften W's heart to your discipline and mercy. Begin the process of drawing her towards you and to obedience. Please be merciful on my W. Her sin is no different than mine or anyone else's. Use our sitch to bring others to a full and complete knowledge of you and your will. Use us to further the gospel, I know our M is on display to many friends and family members. Please use this as an image of your great sacrifice, love, and mercy for all of humanity to our lost friends and family. Lift the fog brought on by the sin of the affair; restore my W's mind and soul.

God, please give me enough wisdom to get through this week. You are sovereign and in faith, I trust that you are actively working on my W, working to restore our M, and are working in the hearts of many others who are watching our sitch closely.

Please make your presence known in the lives of all the LBS on this forum this week. YOU hate divorce. We are your workers eager to act out your commands in obedience to your will. Don't leave us hopeless, but show us how you are working so we might persevere.
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 12/08/14 01:54 PM
Great prayer, UC!
Posted By: wmwb123 Re: Prayer Circle - 12/20/14 03:47 AM
I pray that the holidays will have a profound impact on wayward spouses and cause them to desire to be home with their real families.
Posted By: okjpc Re: Prayer Circle - 12/20/14 09:05 PM
Thank you all so much for starting and keeping this thread. I don't know how I missed it until today.

The past couple of months I have been talking with my pastor about how to pray for my sitch. You all have asked and answered so many of the questions I have been asking!

I look forward to keeping up with this thread.
Posted By: okjpc Re: Prayer Circle - 12/20/14 10:39 PM
One question for everyone here: I have been having trouble reconciling praying for my marriage and "dropping the rope". How do you all pray for your WASs and Ms while pursuing healthy detachment?
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 12/20/14 11:16 PM
Hi okjpc, there are two lines of thought on how we should pray for our WAS. Take a look at the Starsky prayer (on page 1 of this thread), which is a great prayer for those who are able to keep thinking about their spouses, and what may be going on in their lives.

The second line of thought is the 'Nitty prayer' (on the second page of this thread), which turns the spouse over to God, and to bless them. For me, the Nitty Prayer works better as I am also working on healthy detachment. Check them out and let us know what you think.
Posted By: okjpc Re: Prayer Circle - 12/23/14 08:30 PM
Thanks, Wet. I won't post much about my struggle for detachment on this thread, but it is a challenge for me. I hope people keep sharing their thoughts on prayer here.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 01/04/15 04:24 PM
Have hope! One of the Christian internet papers posted this list of 10 Bible verses on hope. I hope it is a blessing to you:

1. Hope provides you joy in any situation.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" (Romans 12:12 NIV 2011).

2. Hope generates faith and love.
"We have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God's people – the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel" (Colossians 1:4–5 NIV).

3. Hope causes you to live like Jesus.
"All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure" (1 John 3:3 NIV).

4. Hope inspires you to persevere and endure through difficulty.
"We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 1:3 NIV).

5. Hope uplifts your depressed soul.
"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God" (Psalm 43:5 NIV).

6. Hope prompts you to praise God
"As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more" (Psalm 71:14 NIV).

7. Hope anchors your soul during the storms of life.
"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain" (Hebrews 6:19 NIV).

8. Hope moves you to take action with great boldness.
"Since we have such a hope, we are very bold" (2 Corinthians 3:12 NIV).

9. Hope develops your patience.
"If we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently" (Romans 8:25 NIV).

10. Hope establishes your sense of security and safety.
"You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety" (Job 11:18 NIV).
Posted By: Jer2911 Re: Prayer Circle - 01/30/15 02:00 PM
How about using the famous verse in Jeremiah 29:11 to apply to our marriages? It could read like this -

God, I thank You that Your Word says You know the plans You have for our marriage and our family, plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us a hope and a future.

A day brightener for everyone still in the battle.

If you read this, then you will understand my screen name: JER2911 :-)
Posted By: Jer2911 Re: Prayer Circle - 01/30/15 02:45 PM
My prayers for my sitch have changed so much over the past 3 months. Thanks to a wonderful spiritual counselor I am learning how to pray more like Jesus so that my prayers are less selfish and less from my ego. I still don't think I am praying as perfectly as I can, but I also trust that God knows what is in my heart even if I am not articulating it as clearly as I should when I pray.

Here is what I am currently praying on a daily basis:

Thank you Lord for all of the blessings you have given to me and my family in this life. We have all been blessed beyond measure and I trust that you will continue to bless us even as we struggle through this dark time in our lives. I trust that you have a plan and a future for us even if we are unable to fully understand what that is right now.

Heavenly Father I pray that you will save W's soul and that you will heal everything inside of her that is so broken right now. She is your child Lord and I know that you love her even more than I do. Please be with her now and call her to you so that she can feel, hear, and see the path that you have for her, so that she can find her way back to you, and so that she can understand your Will for her and for our marriage.

Lord, please guide her through the fog and through the tunnel. Be with her Lord as she goes deeper into the darker areas of the tunnel, and give her the strength, tools, and wisdom to deal with her demons and issues that are causing her to make hurtful choices. Give her the strength, tools, and wisdom to make her way out of the tunnel towards a healthier life. She is in so much pain right now and she is causing pain to everyone in her life as a result. Be with her Lord and help her move through this tunnel so that she can be free from those demons and able to live with an open heart.

Lord, I also ask that you continue working on me. My heart and soul are open to you. Please help me to understand your path for me and your Will for me and for our marriage and family. Help me to accept your Will and give me the strength, courage, patience, wisdom, sense of peace, and sense of grace to follow this path and do your Will.

I am your child and I know that you love me even when I falter. I am struggling Lord and I need you to walk with me giving me the strength to get through every single moment. Help me to become the person you need me to be in this life. Help me to be the mother, partner/spouse, friend, daughter, and sister that you need for me to be in this life. Help me to be an instrument of your love, your light, your peace, and your grace in this world for all who I encounter.

Heavenly Father, I also pray that you will place a hedge of protection over our family. The enemy is trying so hard to destroy our family and I ask that you protect us as we continue through this trial in our lives.

Lord, please minister to OW's heart as well. Help her to see your Will for her life. She is really a very sweet young woman, and I do believe she will hear your voice in her heart and soul. Help her to see how my W is hurting her with this A, and help guide her to something better for her life.

Lord, I also ask that you continue to work in the lives of all of the LBSs and MLCers who are struggling today. Give all of them the strength, courage, wisdom, sense of peace, and sense of grace to live according to your Will for their lives. Please give the LBSs guidance with regard to their choices and decisions related to their lives and their marriages. Please help the MLCers move forward through their tunnels and open their hearts, minds, and souls to you and your Will for their lives and their marriages.

Heavenly Father, my marriage right now is broken. It can only be healed through you and your ability to work miracles in our lives. I am placing my marriage at the foot of the cross and I humbly pray that my marriage will be restored if it is your Will. Help me to have patience and to accept your Will regardless of the outcome. I trust that you are working on both me and my W to help both of us follow the path and Will that you have for each of us individually as well as your Will for our marriage. On Earth as in Heaven, Thy Will be done.

Walk with me today Lord as I go through my daily routines and business. Give me the tools and the strength that I need today to be the best possible mother, partner/wife, and friend.

In the name of your Son Jesus, I pray these things and I trust that you are always with me Lord. Thank you for all that you have given me and all that you continue to give me in this life.

Amen.

This is truly the hardest moment of my entire adult life, but I do believe in the power of prayer and have seen it work other miracles in my life. This horrible experience has turned me back towards God and my faith in such a profound way... I have never placed so much faith in God in my adult life, and I do believe that this is all part of His plan to draw me back to Him. It sure would be nice if He could have called me back with something a little less painful, but perhaps it takes something this painful for us to hear Him calling us back.

I will continue to all of you in my prayers as well. God can work miracles...
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 02/03/15 12:10 AM
^^^^^

Jer 2911 what a great prayer. You are so strong to make such a gracious prayer for the OW in your prayer. And the way you have grown closer to God through this is an inspiration to me and I am sure to others on the Board as well. Thanks for sharing your prayer.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 03/07/15 02:48 PM
Today I celebrate the 5 year anniversary of my being healed of MRSA (drug resistant staph). I had suffered over 3 years with the MRSA, surgeries, ER visits, many treatments of anti-biotics, none of which worked. It always came back.

The healing was done thru the simple prayer of a man and 7 others who surrounded me at the prayer chapel at my home church. Praise God who heals and works miracles.

My take away for everyone here is that one of the earliest names for God in the Bible is El roi (Genesis 16:13), which means "God who Sees and Cares". Never doubt that God knows of your pain, He cares for you, and that He has the power to help. God bless you all.
Posted By: Gerda Re: Prayer Circle - 03/10/15 03:52 AM
I pray daily the signature you'll see below! And --

"Blessed are they who keep the Word with a generous heart, and yield a harvest through perseverance."

At night my kids and I pray the Lord's Prayer and The Lord is My Shepherd, and I always add, "Keep in your name the ones you have given us, that our family may be one, as you and Christ are one." And usually i add some prayers for each of them -- e.g., "Heavenly father, we are trying so hard to do your will, and it's so hard, sometimes we forget and are unkind to each other. Fill our hearts with love for each other and help us to stay on your path even when we get confused. (My son) needs you so much, please let him know you are near and that you are with him through his sorrows and that you know he has the strength to use your love to come through his sorrows as a light to others."

Also I try to think a lot about how kicking H out would be easier, a quick fix for my heart -- or having an affair to comfort myself. So by keeping my heart as a heart of flesh, I am offering it to God. So I pray --

I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up those things that are wanting of the sufferings of Christ, in my flesh, for his body, which is the church

And --

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence; and take not your holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of your salvation; and uphold me with your free spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors your ways; and sinners shall be converted unto you.....
For you desire not sacrifice; else would I give it: you delight not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
Posted By: Jer2911 Re: Prayer Circle - 03/21/15 06:19 PM
I am reflecting on how much I have been praying for God to "fix" my W and to heal/restore our marriage, and as I reflect on this I am becoming more and more aware of how God is working in my life since BD.

To be clear -- my W still wants separation/divorce and her EA with OW is still going strong... To the point where W and I have had open conversations about OW and their intentions to have a future together.

However...

Since BD, as I have been praying and more recently engaging in a more active study of the bible, I can now see where God is working in this entire sitch and I feel the need to share it here as a way to give God some praise for the work He is doing here...

1. I am increasingly growing in my faith and developing a much closer relationship with God that I have NEVER had in my entire life... and it is only through this relationship that I have been able to be as strong as I have been through what has felt like a living nightmare in my life.

2. I am still living in our home with my W and our children -- despite W's desire that I would move out right after Christmas. Not only am I still living here, but...

3. W and I are actually getting along like good friends -- and I was convinced around Christmas time that if I didn't move out as soon as possible that W's anger and bitterness would only grow and she would end up hating me... Which leads me to believe that...

4. God is working on softening W's heart towards me... That God is working on removing the anger and bitterness that W was feeling towards me and replacing it with, at the very least, friendly feelings... And this strengthens my faith that God is working to turn her heart around despite what I see and hear regarding her EA with OW...

5. I know for a fact now that W and OW still have only had an EA because I now know for certain that OW is "saving" herself for marriage. This is a huge blessing in my opinion -- an EA is still horrible and of course this could change in the future, but for now the EA has not become a PA.

6. Our weekends have been filled with much more quality family time than before BD. Both W and I seem to be making a greater effort over the past several weeks to focus more on the kids on the weekend -- going out to dinner together as a family, playing games together at home, choosing movies that all of us can watch together, etc.

Yes, the sitch still appears to be headed towards a poor outcome for our R/M, but my faith is growing that God is working to turn this around and I am working hard to rely on my faith in God and not on my own understanding. Notice I said the sitch "appears" and not "is" -- because I don't know what kind of work God is doing right now in my W's heart and in the heart of OW. :-) Some of the blessings listed above are small, but a couple are rather huge... not quite as huge as my W having a sudden and overwhelming urge to reconcile, but these are still victories in my opinion and I feel that is so very important that I give God some praise for all of these blessings.

God is great and I know He is working strongly within me and within our lives. I fully believe that He is working all things for good in my life right now, and I intend to continue praying as I also continue to recognize any and all blessings that come our way as we go through this very difficult trial in our lives.
Posted By: Jer2911 Re: Prayer Circle - 04/02/15 02:11 PM
Yesterday one of our pastors posted the following prayer on his Facebook page... I am posting here for the benefit of those of us who are struggling with situations that include betrayal and OW/OM in our spouses' lives.

Forgiving God, in every generation
you call your people to contend against the brutality of betrayal and sin.
Breathe your spirit of life into hardened hearts,
and your healing love into broken ones.
Keep us steadfast, even in our fear and uncertainty,
in friendships, compassion, and commitments,
that we may follow where Jesus has led the way.
Give us your peace now as we head into the night,
and help those who this evening are crying out to you in desperation. Amen.

During Holy Week I am lifting all of the LBS's and MLCers up in prayer for healing and reconciliation.

Peace and Love to all of you!
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 05/12/15 03:42 PM
Are you not sure what you should do in your sitch? I came across a devotion and prayer by Martin Luther that has helped me, and I think this lines up pretty well with DBing. Here it is:

Job 1:21 - The Lord has given, and the Lord has taken away! May the name of the Lord be praised.

Luther - Isn't it true that your money, property, body, spouse, children, and friends are good things created and given to you by God himself? Ultimately, they all belong to God and not to you.

What if he were to test your loyalty by taking them away from you? What if he wanted to learn whether you were willing to let go of them for his sake? What if he wanted to see whether you would hold tighter to him or to his gifts? What if you become separated from your loved ones? Do you think you would have the right to rant or rave, forcibly attempt to get them back, or sulk until they returned to you? But if you argue that these are God's good gifts to you and that you want to get them back no matter what the cost, then you would be making a big mistake.

If you want to do the right thing, don't rush ahead without thinking. You must fear God and say,

"Dear Lord, the people and things you have given me are good, as you have said in Scripture. Yet, I don't know whether you will let me keep them. If I knew that you didn't want me to have them, I wouldn't even try to get them back. However, if I knew that you wanted me to have them, I would do what you want by taking them back. But I don't know what you want me to do. All I can see now is that you have allowed them to be taken away from me. So I'll turn the whole matter over to you. I'll wait until I know what to do. I'm ready to live either with them or without them."

'By Faith Alone' 365 Devotional Readings by Martin Luther (entry for May 4th); World Bible Publishers.
Posted By: CaliGuy Re: Prayer Circle - 05/12/15 04:37 PM
Wet

That's pretty darn powerful ... excellent post.
Posted By: Painter Re: Prayer Circle - 05/21/15 06:28 PM
Thank you for posting this. Sometimes a prayer is so helpful in letting go of trying to control the outcome.
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 10/18/15 08:32 PM
^^^ Bumping this thread for any Newcomers interested in discussing prayer with others who are all facing similar struggles.

I also wanted to bring up a question I have on how much love we should have for our WAS?

The Apostle Paul loved his people of Israel soooo much that he wished he could give his own salvation for Israel:

Romans 9:3-4a - For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race the people of Israel. (NIV)

Who has this kind of love for someone else? To give up for others all of the blessings of being 'saved', including heaven, forgiveness of sins, etc., is a difficult idea or concept to me.

I don't have this kind of love for my spouse. Does anyone think this is possible?
Posted By: Wet Re: Prayer Circle - 02/03/16 07:11 PM
I want to make sure any newbies or veterans are aware of this thread. Share any prayers here that have brought you comfort.

Here's a thought on forgiveness:

Forgiveness is the final form of love.

- Reinhold Niebuhr
Posted By: mbebos Re: Prayer Circle - 02/05/16 05:11 AM
Found this one online right after BD.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I humbly come before you and thank you for saving us from distress when we call out in trouble and thank you for being there for us when things are good in our lives. We love you Dear God we seek and require You earnestly. Thank You Lord, for your kindness, tolerance, and patience with us when we fall into sin, and thank you for sending Christ to die for our sins and redeem us by the cross.

I come before you Lord to petition you in Prayer and ask your blessing on me and my (Wife/Husband) to come together in harmony with sympathy, compassion and humility, faithfulness, honesty, respect and most of all love.

Lord, You have made us one in flesh and spirit and You are a witness to our marriage covenant. I believe that the Holy Spirit will come upon my (Wife/Husband) so that (She/He) never forget your teachings and that (She/He) keeps your commands in (her/his) heart. I believe that the Holy Spirit is working in our marriage, that my (Wife/Husband) will not be deceived by the persuasive words of anyone who would lead him astray or attempt to seduce (her/him).

I give You praise and honor, Lord, and I thank you that no weapon formed against our marriage has prospered and I believe that You Lord will silence anyone who is attempting to come between us, telling my spouse that reconciliation is wrong. With the spiritual authority given to me in Jesus name, I rebuke anyone who would attempt to put a wedge between myself and my spouse- through ungodly advice, use of banned spiritual arts as mentioned in the bible for direction, or through false teachings or words.

Lord, I believe the Holy Spirit is working in my spouses life right now, ministering to (Her/His) heart, and I believe the Holy Spirit will righteously convict and correct my spouses thoughts, words and actions and place in (Her/His) heart the burning desire to rebuild our marriage because (She/He) knows life is better with me and the grass is NOT greener in other pastures as the deception of the world leads us to believe. I petition you dear Lord, that (Name of Husband or Wife) would humbly accept Your conviction and correction and seek your direction.

Lord, I ask You to convict and deal with any unconfused sin in (Her/His) life. Enable us to deal with any sin that would be hindering our marriage.
Lord, I believe it is in your Will that we are reconciled back to each other despite anything we’ve done to each other in the past and I forgive my (Wife/Husband) for any wrongs I feel (She/He) has done as I pray that (She/He) forgives me. 

God, Your words are trustworthy and you have promised these things to me though your words given throughout the ages through the profits, disciples and Jesus. You have promised that You will build a home for me and that it pleases You to bless my marriage. I praise and thank You Lord, for keeping the promise you have made concerning me, my (Wife/Husband) and our home.

Lord I believe you will guard the fidelity of our marriage in this time, and will keep (her/his) eyes blinded to temptations of our Human nature or the influence of the Devil. In the name of Jesus, I pray that You would bind the work of Satan from this marriage and cast that influence away.

Lord, I believe that my (Wife/Husband) will acknowledge you and listen to your still soft voice in their head and heart. I believe if (She/He)tries to push away from Your wisdom and attempt to reject your words, your words on marriage will be exposed to (Her/Him) through TV, Magazine, Books, and your messages will grow louder and louder to correct (Name of Husband or Wife) into your Will for our marriage.

Lord, I believe You will be here with me to assist me in staying strong and courageous throughout all the trials, struggles and issues , and I praise you for not allowing me to be afraid or feeling discouraged if things don’t seem to be progressing in my time. Your power is greater than the power of Satan and all who do his work, and I believe all good things will be done on Earth and in Heaven in Your time, such as the restoration of my marriage. I refuse to be discouraged, I refuse to be defeated. You are the God of all hope and I claim in every way this victory in my marriage though your Word.

And I praise You that everything we have been through has not quenched (her/his) love for me
and our love for each other. I pray we will live together in harmony with sympathy, compassion and humility, and that we inherit Your blessings.

Father, I plead that we will speak the truth to one another in love. Cause us to honestly share our feelings without being arrogant or spiteful. Replace those feelings, Holy Spirit, with love and honesty and enable us to work through our differences.

Jesus, I plead that we/they will put away all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and slander, along with every form of malice. In the place of this, I pray that we/they would be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other. Father, I pray that You would rekindle passion and desire between myself and (Name of your Husband or Wife here), and heal any emotional wounds we may have caused one another.
It is Your Will that marriages to be for a lifetime and therefore go has joined together, let no man separate. I ask that this petition of prayer be read aloud, before all the angels of Heaven, before Jesus, the Holy Spirit and You my God. And I believe you will move to save and strengthen our marriage and I ask in the name of Jesus that You will do whatever it takes to protect and defend this marriage and place a hedge of protection over our home. In Your Mighty Holy Name O’God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit- Amen
Posted By: toasted Re: Prayer Circle - 03/04/16 12:43 PM
God is good. He uses our perceived devastation to bring us to Him. I've been the definition of the lukewarm Christian for 20 years. After finding out about my Christian wife's ongoing affair 2 months ago, my relationship with God has grown to a place it has never been...but sadly should've. She knows she is sinning but is in the addiction phase and can't see it. My patience is tried every day with texting in front of me, and other flaunting of the affair. I keep being returned to Eph 5.25..."husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church, sacrificing himself for it...." and I say what has Christ done for me? Well...for 20 years I've spat in his face, turned my back on him, walked away....and what has his response been...."Come back home...I love you." May God continue to bless me with the patience I need to still love my wife the right way while my emotions (Satan) try and drag my into the mud as well. May I be there to wash my wife when she comes back from the pigpen and know that my sin is no lesser than hers and that my covenant with she and God was forever...regardless. May God stir her heart and open her eyes and bring her back to Him. May he shield my children from this issue and make us a stronger family for it. May I continue to walk in the Spirit and the Light and avoid the darkness and flesh that seeks to grab me. Please Jesus...place your hand upon me..
© DivorceBusting.com