Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Quicksilver264 The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 11:55 AM
OK so I had some time, and I figured I'd post some of the best resources for gathering intel on a spouse in an EA/PA. These work BEST when you two are still living together.

1) Network Magic. By far one of the BEST tools you can have on your home network. If you have a wireless router, then this is the tool for you. Basically, your cable modem goes to the router, and then you can use hard ethernet wires for your desktop PCs, and also wireless signal for your laptops.

Network magic gets installed on EVERY PC on the network, and shows you a nice map of your network. You can take desktop screenshots of ANY PC in the network, control internet access of ANY PC in the network ect.

USES: If you are going out and suspect your WS will be contacting the OP or sex chatting it up, then log into the router and disable ALL INTERNET ACCESS internally. I have personally done that and it worked flawlessly. I also have taken desktop screenshots, and saw she was getting ready to FB IM the OP, so I blocked that person from the network, and I wanted in real time as it looked like the OP signed off after she messaged him. Priceless.

2) Spector Pro/Eblaster Combo. AMAZING set of tools for the betrayed spouse. As long as you own PART of the PC you are installing it on (gave or bought it for spouse with joint money), you can go ahead and install it. They are UNDETECTABLE.

Spector pro lets you download all the logs and data files over a home network, so you can watch your spouse in semi-real time, as well as backup the data files to the PC that the viewer software is installed on. You can then go back at any time and view the data files, export screenshots ect.

eBlaster is similar, but does NOT require access to the PC to get logs. It will email them to your chosen email address. You can also log into an online control panel, and adjust options on the fly should you want to change keyword alerts.

3) Voice-activated recorder, or handheld MP3 player with a microphone. Chances are your WS doesn't talk on the phone with the OP when you are around or are in the same room.

So, the BEST option is to find out where they USUALLY make their calls from in the house (basement, bedroom ect), and place it there. I place mine in a playing card box, and then go about my business or go on out to where I had to go. I have caught ALOT of conversations like this, and it is simply invaluable.

4) Digital Camera. No, not to take spy pictures, but to take pictures of different places in the house to have a record of what they look like. There can be SUBTLE changes in bedcovers, things laying about a spouses separate room ect. Taking a picture in the morning before work, and then when you get home can be absolutely amazing at finding the slightest changes in anything.

It gives you a digital record, and also teaches you WHERE you should be observing so you aren't wasting time looking in the wrong places. You can bring up the AM/PM pictures side by side and actually SEE any changes that have occurred.

Just today I discovered a crate of things missing from her room that was there yesterday. It is nowhere to be found in the house at all. This tells me she is squirreling away important things at some other place, possibly where she intends to move quite soon.

So these 4 things should give you so much intel that you will have MORE than you need. You should be 2 steps ahead of them, and have the ability to throw a wrench in the works quite alot of the time.

Nothing like getting a keyword alert, and then just disabling internet access for a few hours. Or blocking their OP on Facebook so it looks like the OP no longer wants to talk to them AT ALL.
Great stuff, QS. I like the way you think!!

In all my years of doing this, and being as pro-intel as I am, I have never heard the digital camera before-and-after thing. That's awesome!!

Puppy
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 12:36 PM
The only other little gadget I would add there QS is the mobile phone jammer

It won't help you gather intel, but it will help enforce the no calling OM in the home boundary...

You are using network tools to block the PC, you can use a cell phone jammer to block the phone too
Posted By: SunnyD Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 03:28 PM
Great info!

My problem is, H's laptop and cell are both properties of the company he works for, so I'm not sure I can legally do anything about intel on those. The voice recorder and such, sure.

The mobile phone jammer - does that mean no cellphone would work in the house or can I just block his? Although, I have to say - I never catch my H on the phone or texting or anything while home. (That I see of course...but I've been very observant and done some spying when he's in the home office.)
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 03:44 PM
It blocks all cells in radius.. yours too
Posted By: SunnyD Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 03:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Allen A
It blocks all cells in radius.. yours too

UGH...the kids will kill me!!! LOL
Originally Posted By: SunnyD
Great info!

My problem is, H's laptop and cell are both properties of the company he works for, so I'm not sure I can legally do anything about intel on those.

I'm not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. wink I would assume that NO, you CANNOT legally install keylogging software (or anything else) on the laptop or the cellphone ITSELF, nor in any way attempt to misrepresent yourself to get their billing records.

HOWEVER, what's being proposed here is DIFFERENT -- capturing screenshots via the in-home internet router, not the laptop.

Who pays for the ISP that he uses in-home to connect to the internet?

Puppy
Posted By: elvencat Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 04:10 PM
ReFog - I used the free trial and it was awesome, only problem is that the free trial can't be set up to send info to you automatically, you have to manually retrieve it.

Screen shots from this program were amazing (and, not really something I wanted to read, unfortunately wink )

The price for the full version isn't really that bad though.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 04:12 PM
IT may be worth it EC... and some software actually EMAILS you the info so you don't hav eto go to the PC
Posted By: SunnyD Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Great info!

My problem is, H's laptop and cell are both properties of the company he works for, so I'm not sure I can legally do anything about intel on those.

I'm not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. wink I would assume that NO, you CANNOT legally install keylogging software (or anything else) on the laptop or the cellphone ITSELF, nor in any way attempt to misrepresent yourself to get their billing records.

HOWEVER, what's being proposed here is DIFFERENT -- capturing screenshots via the in-home internet router, not the laptop.

Who pays for the ISP that he uses in-home to connect to the internet?

Puppy

We pay for it. Does it matter if the bill is just in his name or does mine have to be on it too??? HI Express - makes you an expert!!! LOL
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 04:24 PM
Add your name to the account then
I don't have access to my W's laptop, but she uses our wireless network.

I have used WireShark to sniff wifi packets, but haven't been able to get anything useful, such as AOL IM's, FB chat or screenshots.

Network Magic potentially sounds great. Does a client need to be installed on her laptop, or will it work exclusively off of network traffic through the router that I can access from a client on my PC?
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 04:46 PM
I like the idea of network magic. It has the added benefit of seeing what's going on in the kids computers too.

RE: digital voice activated recorders.
Walmarts and such have a good sony for about 40 bucks. Make sure you play with/experiment with it first to ensure external beeps are off, and cover up any lights with tape. It helps to have 2 so you can replace it while you are listening to the other. Strong dust tape or velcro to attach it. esp if in car. You don't want it sliding out and hitting their feet!

RE: GPS

Sprint Family locator: I like this to check up on my kids. It does not give exact location, rather a radius. (It pings the nearest tower.) Nor is is real time. You can set it to email or text you at a set time(s)or check online anytime. No Sprint Account? Set up an acct and add Locator service ($5 a month) You can buy 2 cheap phones and hide 1 in the car.(tape it down). Retrieve to charge every 3 days or so.(The hard part).

Tracstick: also good for keeping teenagers honest. it comes with a magnet. Not real time. must be retrieved for download. $400ish, expensive. Didn't work well if it couldn't 'see' the sky, but did give exact location, for how long, on a map. I didn't like it nor thought it was worth the $.

WARNING!! Once you have the intel you need....STOP! It can get crazy-making!
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 04:54 PM

Access undelivered email. Must know password.
mail2web .com

Backdoor cell # to check voice messages. again, must know password.

WARNING: Keep all intel gathered TO YOURSELF!! NEVER reveal your source! you may need to use it again later.
Posted By: elvencat Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 04:56 PM
IT may be worth it EC... and some software actually EMAILS you the info so you don't hav eto go to the PC

This program will email or FTP, but only with the paid version... it's actually only 39.99 for the version with email, so I may go that route as soon as I have money. Until then, I'll guess I'll just bide my time and get to the PC when I can and gather.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 05:03 PM
heck I will LOAN you the fourty bucks lol
One other word on the voice-activated recorder:

Never do the ol' "Testing, check, check" thing verbally into it, using your own voice, for obvious reasons. Use "tongue clicks" instead.

Also, the cellphone app "MapQuest FindMe" is awesome. About $5/mo., as I recall, and you can set it up to send you an e-mail whenever the phone comes within a predetermined distance (say, 100 yards) of a predetermined location (say, OP's house), spouse's atty's office, etc. Same deal applies here -- disable ALL of the sounds on the prepaid cellphone, and put a small piece of black electrical tape over the speaker just in case. Hide it in the trunk of their car; if you either own or co-own the car, it's perfectly legal for you to be informed where your own property is located.

Puppy
Posted By: elvencat Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 05:23 PM
heck I will LOAN you the fourty bucks lol

LOL.. I'd take you up on that if I didn't need the $40 for food more. wink
Posted By: SunnyD Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 05:53 PM
So, the wireless router program - I assume it will only be able to capture anything that's done from inside the house, correct? H doesn't use his laptop at home very much at all. In fact, he doesn't even bring it home a lot of times. If he is doing any emailing/chatting via the computer it is at the office, not here. SO, I'm thinking that won't help me.

I'm going to get the voice recorder but he only really spends 15 min. a day for the most part in the car. He drives to a park n ride and takes the bus into work.

This is why I'm really wanting to get ahold of his cellphone - so I can check out the texts/call history. I truly think this is my only way of really finding anything.

UNLESS...are you all saying that one of these eblaster things could get me intel from his email accounts? Oh wait - I can't do anything like that because the laptop is owned by the company, right?! I mean, it sounds like I could pay a company to get the emails or get the password or something - but that would be illegal on my part, right?

This is SO frustrating for me!!! I feel I have no recourse here.
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 06:16 PM
SunnyD

I am not familiar with your sitch but I do know they get more brazen and take more risks as time goes on. Get the router set up.

Quote:
This is why I'm really wanting to get ahold of his cellphone - so I can check out the texts/call history. I truly think this is my only way of really finding anything.

Get it while he's sleeping or showering. He may have 2! esp if one is a work phone.
Posted By: dazed1 Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 06:32 PM
I guess there is no way to find out if W has an alternate (probably pre-paid) cell, is there? I see a a drop-off in her calls/texts to friends over the past month...on the cell that I know about.

If he's smart like my W he will delete all texts after reading them...or at least the interesting ones.
Posted By: SunnyD Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 07:07 PM
Whatnow - I've tried that...so far, it hasn't worked but doesn't mean I can't try again.

And yes, Dazed, I figured he should be smart enough to delete things. I sure would if it were me!
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 06/28/10 07:12 PM
But you can eventually get into the phone history on his accoun and compare the totals...
Originally Posted By: dazed1
I guess there is no way to find out if W has an alternate (probably pre-paid) cell, is there? I see a a drop-off in her calls/texts to friends over the past month...on the cell that I know about.

Voice-activated recorder in her car. cool

Funny things about them recorders. They don't much care WHICH phone it is they're capturing the conversation on. grin

Puppy
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/27/10 06:04 PM
Took me forever to dig this thread up!

Is anyone familiar with network magic or other brands of residential router loggers?

It seems to be a much easier way of knowing what your home network is used for. I am not sure of whats out there tho. I tried opendns but it just logs websites by # and is proving difficult to manage. I have 3 teens in the house and want to keep a better eye on what they are doing.
Sorry, not me. I used eBlaster.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/27/10 06:58 PM
Originally Posted By: WhatNow

I am starting to think we should put an affair-buster wiki together... this forum just isn't condusive to managing info.
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/27/10 07:03 PM

I am starting to think we should put an affair-buster wiki together... this forum just isn't condusive to managing info.

lol! Still trying to find my own thread!
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/27/10 07:14 PM
Sorry, not me. I used eBlaster.

Well, I will write what I do know about them and post later when I choose and use one.

I know there are some router loggers out there like eblaster, recording and emailing to you everything that goes through the router.

Why I am interested:
1)Easy to install undetected on the router.
2)Will cover multiple computers & devices, ipads, ipods, xbox...whatever uses your home network.
3)easy to add a router (& to explain) and make your home Wi-Fi hotspot.

Spector has one but it is for a business and expensive.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/27/10 07:17 PM

lol! Still trying to find my own thread!

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1913070#Post1913070
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/27/10 07:29 PM
Thank you!!! How'd you do that!

I am trying to keep things I write and copy organized on Zotero but there is no method to my madness yet!
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/27/10 07:31 PM
I am a Software Architect... I do this stuff all day long.. I can do it in my sleep lol
UPDATED:

Your own GO ANYWHERE microphone and PC Sound Recorder

OK, so let's say that you've played THE GAME like a pro, and your WAS just can't figure out how you outplay them every time. NOW, the WAS won't talk on the phone or call anyone WHILE YOU ARE AROUND. They are paranoid and have shut down.

Also, we need to GET A LIFE RIGHT? Well, having the security that you won't miss a beat while you are out makes it EASIER. And you WON'T have to WORRY about getting taken for a ride.

AND take it from me. This technique saved me about 3000$ from being transferred out of my account.

1) You need a PC microphone, a 1/4 inch jack one PREFERABLY. The SMALLER THE BETTER. But it has to be HIGH QUALITY. You can even get wireless ones too.

2) Plug that sucker in your PC, and set the "options" on your Windows sound panel to "Listen to this device".

3) Download Skype, install it, and setup TWO ACCOUNTS. Account #1 is for the HOME PC. Set the option for your Skype microphone to be the Mic you want to listen to. AND MOST IMPORTANT: set the "auto answer calls" option to YES. Leave it running, and LOCK YOUR PC WITH A PASSWORD AND TURN ALL SOUNDS OFF.

4) Setup Account #2 on WHATEVER PC OR LAPTOP you will be listening from (work, personal laptop, friend's ect). Make sure that both accounts are CONTACTS/Friends of each other.

5) Go out for a while, hit a wireless hotspot and login to Skype with Account #2.

6) Call Account #1 with Account #2, and PRESTO, you now are LISTENING TO YOUR MICROPHONE OVER THE INTERNET.

7) It is BEST to use HIGH QUALITY HEADPHONES to listen in.

Ok so you don't have a second PC or laptop. NO PROBLEM. Download "Audacity", install it, and fire it up.

Then just hit the "Record" button and it will RECORD EVERYTHING THE MIC HEARS. Go out and about, come home, and you can scan through the sound recordings and export them to WAV files.

Hope all this helps!
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/31/10 09:31 PM
Does this record Skype calls only? or everything in the nearby vacinity? Or does it have to be installed on the S's computer.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/31/10 10:05 PM
Its running from a microphone, so I assume anything within radius...

No i don't think it has to be installed on the son's pc
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/31/10 10:12 PM

Why? I caught him on Boobs.com! Wonder who he is chatting up on WOW and xbox too! I overheard some talk on something being soft and warm while he was in a xbox chatroom w/ some boys from school..... (DS is 13)

But yeah, what about H's pc??? or just mine?
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/31/10 10:14 PM
Boobs.com! lol
Its running from a microphone, so I assume anything within radius...

This is a technique to LISTEN TO A MICROPHONE OVER THE INTERNET.

What I am saying is that you can leave the house so the WAS THINKS they are "alone".

All you are using Skype for is the INTERNET PROXY and AUDIO TRANSMISSION. It is just part of a toolset. You can sit in a coffee shop and listen to your house. That's how I got my intel 2 days ago.

OR, you can use Audacity to record from the microphone and come back later
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 07/31/10 10:48 PM
That is so cool. I am going to try it!
Posted By: Dudess Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/03/10 04:16 AM

Access undelivered email. Must know password.
mail2web .com

Undelivered? How is this service preferable to logging in directly? confused
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/04/10 04:06 AM
If for some reason you cannot access the account directly.

For example:
If you access someone else's gmail, it will show the ip and time of who was there, &/or if you are there at the same time.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/04/10 02:13 PM
Exactly.. gmail and other mail systems log direct access into their history and it can't be removed... you don't want to leaev a trail do you?
Posted By: Dudess Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/04/10 06:10 PM
Thanks for explaining that. I didn't know those things.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/04/10 06:13 PM
It is a feature of some email service providers, not all... but gmail does track login history, so you dont' want to be logging in directly even if you have the pwd
It is a feature of some email service providers, not all... but gmail does track login history, so you dont' want to be logging in directly even if you have the pwd

I didn't know this either. I thought as long as they didn't have a header notice, saying "You last logged in: _________" thing, you were okay.

GOOD TO KNOW!!!! shocked

Puppy
Posted By: Seeing Red Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/04/10 07:14 PM
No, Gmail tracks login and IP and will give you a history. Police love it --
All you have to do is know the USERNAME AND PASSWORD of the email account.

THEN just setup your mobile phone to receive POP/SMTP messages from the account. You NEVER have to LOGIN to the account, as the email ALWAYS COME TO YOU!!!!
HOW do you set up your mobile phone to receive POP/SMTP messages from the account??
Posted By: poet Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/05/10 06:20 PM
LOL. I happened to log on today and then I happened to stumble onto this thread. I've read some of the posts -- not in any particular order -- but I love what I read! I especially liked Allen's comment about the "affair buster Wiki." Allen, you need to do this. It would be a blast.

Anyway, I'm not as technologically advanced as most of the rest of you, but here is my class-act addition to Intel gathering. Hope somebody can get a laugh out of it.

Title: What happens to a WAH's brain cells after seeing his wife drive past him, just as he is about to meet a bonafide prostitute for "dinner and a date?" And ... two days after he sends his wife a much-watered down support check, saying he doesn't have any more money to give.

First: The spermlike brain cells in his brain start bouncing up and down, going faster and faster, and his heart rate reaches about 100, almost as if he's already having sex with his used-up and washed-out, sorry-excuse for a woman. Only difference is, instead of feeling ecstasy, he starts freaking out. (Who says men who use prostitutes don't have any emotional issues???)

He thinks:

OMG, she saw me. And I only have two minutes to get where I need to be. What am I going to do? OMG, OMG, OMG! Better just sit here in the parking lot and see if she turns around, or comes back or anything.

Should I call the police? H_ll no! Can't do that. What if they start asking me questions like, where am I going, what am doing, who am I planning to meet, etc., etc.? Can't have the police knowing what I'm about to do now, can I?

Wait a minute. I can just call them and tell them that she's following me. I yi yi, can't do that. They will ask me where I am and come here to have me file a report, and I don't have time for that.

OMG, better call the date and tell her I can't make it on time. Nope! Can't do that either. She told me only to text! OK, I'll text her.

Enter: the cell phone. He presses the keys and texts his "date." I am holed up in a parking lot. Can't make it on time. Sorry! Should be only about ten minutes late.

She texts him back: Better abort mission. Why don't you just come to my "studio" and we'll forgo the dinner.

So, off he goes to eat out-of-canned meal.

Two hours later, he leaves, and on his way home, he receives another text from her. Did you see your wife? Is she still around, following you?

He texts her back. No, haven't seen hide nor hair of her. Maybe I should report this.

They each text back and forth in a flurry of messages, trying to figure out the best way to handle it. Finally, she gets tired, and drops the ball. He is left to his own devices to figure out what to do next. "Oh, I'm home," he thinks, all tired and exhausted, more from the adrenaline of the chase than the ecstasy of the mission. I'll call the police tomorrow and report her. Off to sleep he goes!

I saw an ad for a smart phone monitoring service. I have no experience with it, but below is the link for anyone that is interested.

http://www.mobile-spy.com/
Posted By: Dudess Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/17/10 04:59 PM
How can I protect myself from having monitoring software put on my computer? My guy friend - possible BF wannabe, who is computer saavy, gave me his old laptop computer a few months ago.

Now he says he has a 'present' for me, and says it will take about an hour to get it up and running and for me to learn to use it, and he seems insistent on helping. I'm just getting weird vibes from him as I put up boundaries about how much and when I see him.

I may be off base here, but what if it is a computer program? Can monitoring software be bundled with other programs? How can I make sure he doesn't put anything weird on my computer?
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/17/10 05:34 PM
Format the hard drive and reinstall the operating system

Nothing's going to be on there after that

Don't let people you don't trust use your PC... period
Posted By: DumpedforMIL Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/17/10 05:40 PM
i agree with allen a.

reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything yourself.
before you do that, back up any files that you need.

create a hard drive password and a login password.
Set up a phony "rendezvous" with a friend posing as OM, and then see if he shows up. When he shows up, be there with a girlfriend, and ask him WTF he is spying on you, give him his old computer back, and tell him never to call you again.
Posted By: Dudess Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/17/10 08:00 PM
Set up a phony "rendezvous" with a friend posing as OM, and then see if he shows up. When he shows up, be there with a girlfriend, and ask him WTF he is spying on you, give him his old computer back, and tell him never to call you again.

Brilliant idea Puppy.

I don't think he is cyber-spying on me now, (if he were, I would think he would have stopped doing what annoys me.) The gift may not even be something for the computer, but I wanted to have some info so I could be prepared just in case.
I would do it anyway, just to make sure he didn't already put something on the laptop he gave you. A phony e-mail, from a girlfriend at a newly-created gmail account with a username like "surferGuy32", agreeing on some public (but 1-in-a-million place that he would go there coincidentally -- pick some place that's TOTALLY not "him") rendezvous location ought to do the trick. Then just go there, with your girlfriend, park your car and wait for the fun to begin. Or not.
You know what would be funny in a Spy vs Spy sort of way? If you received an eBlaster copy of an email from your spouse's computer and it was an eBlaster report to your spouse about activity on YOUR computer. blush
Originally Posted By: MakingProgress
You know what would be funny in a Spy vs Spy sort of way? If you received an eBlaster copy of an email from your spouse's computer and it was an eBlaster report to your spouse about activity on YOUR computer. blush

Wow -- so true!!!! Had never thought of that one, but it could happen!!!
Posted By: Dudess Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/19/10 05:28 AM
LOL. The spy v. spy scenario would be great.

The gift turned out to be an external hard drive, which I definitely needed. I told him that I think I can get that up and running myself.

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

I actually haven't a clue how to reformat my hard drive, (I'm over 50), but I'll find out.

Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.
Just don't let him install the external hard drive unsupervised. He could still be using this as a means to put some keylogging software on your computer.

Not trying to be paranoid, but rather going by your initial "wierd vibes" comment, Dudess.

Puppy
Posted By: Dagny-2 Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 03:58 PM
Unfortunately my H's cell phone and computer are company owned, so I'm sure most of the exchanges take place there. However, one week a month he will live at the house to take care of the kids. I'm going to put on the network magic on the desktop, but he is leaving tomorrow and I'm sure he will take the old laptop. Is there something I can do to that laptop that won't let the internet work on it? My thought is then when he is in the house he will be forced to use the desktop and I can at least learn OW's name. He isn't very tech savvy, so if there is something I can easily do to the laptop that lets it work, but not connect, that should be good. I'm assuming he wouldn't use his work computer for facebook, but who knows.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 04:05 PM
Put eBlaster on it and it will send you reports of all activity on the box... and he won't even nkow...
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 04:08 PM
If you are using network magic on your router, I think you can refuse his laptop access to the network.

Most routers have login requirements. This may also exclude xbox and such, tho.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 04:09 PM
If he's going to take teh PC you would do best to not do anything OBVIOUS to it... put eBlaster on it so you can MONITOR him in secret...
Posted By: Dudess Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 04:33 PM
Just don't let him install the external hard drive unsupervised. He could still be using this as a means to put some keylogging software on your computer.

Not trying to be paranoid, but rather going by your initial "wierd vibes" comment, Dudess.

Thanks Puppy. I'll keep watch.

I don't want to be paranoid either. I do get a 'weird vibe', just not sure what that's about.

I don't know much about computers, but I have installed more sophisticated "anti-douchebag" protection systems in my brain to quickly neutralize and quarantine threats to my happiness. cool
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 04:40 PM
YOu aren't being paranoid if something feels off ...

THere are a mountain of cases the police are investigating these days of people offering high tech gifts only to use them for nefarious purposes...

Spy cams
Spyware on pc
spy recorders, etc

People are using electronics to invade homes like never before these days... THey may just want to violate your privacy, they may want to break into yoru home, or they may be after your children or your spouse... it's all over hte place these days...
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 04:45 PM
Didn't you say it was an external hard drive? An Hour to, uh, plug it in???????
Posted By: Dudess Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 05:04 PM
Didn't you say it was an external hard drive? An Hour to, uh, plug it in???????

Seems excessive doesn't it.

I didn't even know what the gift was, but didn't like that he seemed to be insisting on me setting aside an hour for him to 'help' me set it up. 'Gifts' which require the recipient to accept help/control, don't feel good.

I just told him I was pretty busy, so if he wanted to drop it by, that was fine, and I could perhaps ask for help later if needed.
Posted By: Allen A Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/20/10 09:22 PM
Ya, these days gifting electronics is pretty creepy stuff... particularly when they offer themselves access to your PC
Posted By: blue1234 Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 08/21/10 05:07 AM
google: hoaxmail uk

The first entry....

You are able to schedule sms msgs to go to a certain phone and have it come across as being sent from any number you wish.

Particularly effective if you are around the H or W and they 'receive' a text from the OW or OM. One scenario may be a text that obviously was meant for someone else talking about the OW or OM. Lots of possibilities.

(does work in US)
Posted By: WhatNow Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 09/24/10 10:17 PM
FYI

I downloaded a trial version of Ming Network Monitor Home. Free for 10 days in a limited use version. I discovered that it will not work on my router/network setup.

It is very interesting! There is no way to know if your computer is being tracked on this. One person in the network has the download (It costs $49). Each computer is listed and it's use is tracked...emails, chats, websites visited, are all captured without the need to download anything on target computers.

The site suggested i try Ming Network Spy for my particular setup. This is a lot more expensive but also has a free trial.

I suppose it can be circumvented by setting windows to be undetectable on the network. My router will do a lot of this too, but I need more time to figure it out.

I think this would be good to have just to see if you are being watched!
Both your router and this program will email you the captured info.
Posted By: dgtal Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 09/25/10 12:30 PM
Good Thread!
Regarding Audacity computer recorder, can the audio be played back using your computer speakers or you have to use headphones? I can't get any audio out. I can see the audio bar moving but no sound in my speakers. Using Windows 7, tried both versions. Thanks in advance.

Oh BTW, I have a nice way to get very accurate info on the OP's vehicle/car and all the vehicles he/she owns, with pictures and everything (not exact color). Here you need to know the OP exact address and name. Go to the Progressive.com webside and hit "get a quote". Here you need the OP Full name, address, and birthday. I got the OM full name using Reverse Phone (I retrieved his number from my W cell), then using zabasearch.com I got his address, and his birthday (was more difficult) I got it from my wife's secret journal. All for free except the reverse phone I paid like $15.
Posted By: GH3421 Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 09/27/10 12:29 PM
I agree that this is a good thread and helpful for the less technically inclined who may not even know where to begin in how to gather intel and what products to use.

I love the Skype idea and it never occurred to me to use it that way. Two microphones that are not that expensive but are highly rated on Amazon are
Samson Go Mic and Blue Microphone Snowball . I can't vouch for either one of these products but I'm leaning towards the Samson.

For those of you who use(d) variable voice recorders in cars, how did you deal with road noise? Did you post process or did the recorders you bought have the ability to adjust microphone sensitivity. Did the $40.00 recorders at Walmart really work well?
I used a voice-activated recorder (Sony), that I bought at Circuit City for about $70. It has USB capability by which you could easily offload its contents to your laptop, then erase it, replace the batteries, and re-deploy it.

I didn't have too much trouble with road noise The times my wife put the car radio on, it would drown out her conversation with OM, and then Florida afternoon thunderstorms would also set it off. But for the most part, it worked flawlessly.

Puppy
Posted By: GH3421 Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 09/27/10 07:30 PM
Thanks for the info Puppy.

Where did you hide it? I'm thinking under the passenger seat with some strong velcro.
What about public email accounts ie library, schools, government. What can be done to check them? Will their IT be able to figure out what computer has entered an account? If you do not know the Pswd or username and guess, will that leave any info?
I am new to Intel
Posted By: pinhead Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 09/27/10 08:41 PM
If you put a keylogger on your spouses computer, you'll get all their usernames and passwords.
Originally Posted By: GH3421
Thanks for the info Puppy.

Where did you hide it? I'm thinking under the passenger seat with some strong velcro.

Why, that's PRECISELY where I hid it. cool

btw, make sure you don't do the "testing, testing" thing and leave your own voice on there. Just "tongue clicks" or something similar.

Puppy
Posted By: GH3421 Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 09/27/10 10:36 PM
Great minds think alike!

The one area that is a problem is prepaid phones. My W has one and I'm not sure where it is hence my interest in recording devices.

BTW, thanks for your post in my thread the other day about intel. It's helped clarify for me why I'm doing this. Since we're in this weird limbo situation, having information does help me to make rational decisions based on data and not emotion. It's liberating.
Ain't it??
Posted By: justpeachy Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 10/06/10 07:08 PM
Two questions:

1. Can the Network Magic/Spector Pro/Eblaster programs be potentially detected by a computer-savvy spouse. My H is very computer-savvy, and I worry he'd easily discover any of those things. Especially if I mentioned I knew something (that was done through his computer), but didn't reveal the source. I wouldn't be surprised if he hunted down how I figured it out.

2. Does anyone have any experience with those "bluetooth mobile phone spys", like e-stealth.com, or bigdadyspy.com (or any others like it)? Do they work, and anyone have experience with them being detected by a technical-minded spouse?
Posted By: TimeHeals Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 10/06/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Especially if I mentioned I knew something (that was done through his computer),

Then why would you tip your hand?

"We both know you are lying" is pretty darn generic, and yes... a determined, computer savy person can detect monitoring and spy software.
Posted By: justpeachy Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 10/06/10 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: TimeHeals
Quote:
Especially if I mentioned I knew something (that was done through his computer),

Then why would you tip your hand?

"We both know you are lying" is pretty darn generic, and yes... a determined, computer savy person can detect monitoring and spy software.

I guess what I meant by that was not that I'd tell him I learned of his actions via his computer. But that if I said I knew he had done XYZ, and that action was something that took place on the computer (e.g., I knew he was emailing or chatting with OW), that he'd know that somehow I had gotten that info from his computer (because that's where it was).

For instance, I recently learned H had been back in contact with OW. I saw the call on his work phone. However, when I confronted, I only said "I know you've been in contact with OW again". I didn't say how, or what I knew, or how I found out. But, he quickly figured out, on his own, that I looked at his work phone, without me giving any more information.

In any case, thanks for the info. I'll have to seriously consider whether it makes sense to use such tools, given the risk H could uncover them.
Posted By: GH3421 Re: The Intel Gathering Resource Thread - 10/22/10 08:14 PM
Quote:

In any case, thanks for the info. I'll have to seriously consider whether it makes sense to use such tools, given the risk H could uncover them.

I'm in a similar situation where I learned something new and I'm not sure how to confront it yet without blowing the intel source; therefore, I've decided to sit on it for now and keep watching. I believe the best use of intel is not to react to each new revelation individually, rather, you use it to develop the big picture and plan an appropriate course of action. Sometimes doing nothing is the best course of action. This is even more important when using keyloggers and your trying to discern intent based on Google searches or other for lack of a better term "soft" evidence as opposed to hard evidence such as chats or emails with OMs.

In my situation, if I ultimately decide to use this piece of intel, it will likely be as a precursor to a physical separation between me and my wife.
© DivorceBusting.com