Thread Like Summary
AndrewP, bttrfly, DejaVu6, job, kml, Traveler
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by AndrewP
AndrewP
Plans can break down. You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers.

I think I'm going to go with quotes from not at all random books for a while. People seem to take them well out of context but then again, perhaps many people don't read the same books I do.

Prior Thread "A Future Always Happens"
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2928861#Post2928861
Liked Replies
by kml
kml
Don you don't begin to know my situation with my kids, so your comments have zero validity. Abandoning them when they needed my help out of some misbegotten tough love strategy would have ruined their lives. Instead they are all working hard and making great strides despite their various disabilities. I know absolutely that I have done the right thing by my kids.
2 members like this
by kml
kml
The testing is as good as any vaccine we have ever had - and we have more data now than you had in the first ten years if a half other vaccine. But no one is making you get the vaccine - you just can’t do certain things if you don’t. Healthcare workers have had to get many vaccines for years. And honestly, if the anti-vaxxers didn’t overlap almost perfectly with the people who refuse to wear masks for the sake of others I’d have more sympathy.
2 members like this
by DejaVu6
DejaVu6
Non one’s been forced to do anything. There are certain jobs that require vaccinest… and there always have been.

And Don…I really don’t know what to make of you. Sometimes you are supportive and then other times, I just think you are probably one of the most negative, angry people I’ve ever come into contact with. I get you disagree with me but I don’t get your disdain and your judgemental comments…not just about this…about a lot of things.

And yeah…you bet…I was extremely irritated. I hate being late for things and I wholeheartedly disagree with them and everything they stand for. Their upside down flags. Their derogatory, ignorant signs. Their claim to be “fighting for freedom” and their disrespect for the people who have come before them who actually have fought for freedom (dancing on the grave of the unknown soldier).

And the numbers are correct. It’s a matter of public record. 93% of adults in my province are vaccinated.
2 members like this
by DejaVu6
DejaVu6
I have no doubt, KML, that you are helping your kids and not enabling them. The world is just not the place it used to be when we were kids and you could leave home at 18 with very few difficulties. Rent was reasonable, wages compared to cost of living were reasonable, cost of education was reasonable, etc… These days none of those things are true. In my town, rent for a nice two-bedroom condo is $2,200 a month. If you are okay with a not nice two-bedroom in a sketchy neighbourhood, you can maybe find something for $1,500. That is not including utilities. Cost of living is out of control and Covid has made it worse. The gap between the haves and the have nots is continuously increasing which is painfully evident in our current political climate. I honestly don’t expect my kids to leave home until their mid 20’s. They will be required to go to school or work and pay rent but either way, they will be able to stay until they have a solid plan to be on their own. Honestly, this is the norm for many, many cultures. Why we North American’s have such an issue with it is beyond me. This whole me, myself and I culture is not an advantage for anyone.

LH - You must have been reading something different than what I read. I totally understand KML’s reaction. I’d have the same one. If she had needed or wanted our advice when it comes to her kids, she would have asked for it. She didn’t. And I don’t agree that people get defensive because the other person’s comments ring true. I found the comments offensive and I don’t have any involvement in the situation.
1 member likes this
by kml
kml
Now I have The Runaways Cherry Bomb in my head.
1 member likes this
by kml
kml
Also - don’t consider living with a woman until you’ve dated her for a couple of years!
1 member likes this