Thread Like Summary
bttrfly, Ginger1, Taz
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2927158 12/08/2021 1:58 PM
by LH19
LH19
Ok people I may regret this lol but I lay my situation out there for feedback or to help others . I have been dating this woman since the end of July. We kinda have the chicken and egg thing going on. She wants more closeness/intimacy and I can't get there because we rarely see each other. She has a 10 year old and a every other weekend dad. So we spend some time together and start to get close then go like two weeks with maybe seeing one another for a couple hours after work. I think we been dating longer than CWs and sunshine and he is throwing out the I love yous and I feel I am no where close to that. I certainly care about her but that is where I am at. Lots of other stuff going on Covid, she's an anti-vaxer and just quit her job over it, both of our vehicles are out of commission etc. Bring on peeps lol.
Liked Replies
#2927160 Dec 8th a 02:17 PM
by wayfarer
wayfarer
Sir, are you seriously telling me you're trying to make it work with an out of work anti-vaxxer whom you've been seeing for like 6months and you haven't caught feelings and still only see her like every other weekend, sometimes?

1) I'm not entirely sure why you're trying to make this work, but to each their own I guess.

2) If you haven't caught feeling in 6 months the likelihood that you're going to catch them in the near future is slim to none.

My opinion. Cut bait and run before you're buying a 'don't tread on me' flag as a Christmas present and $100 of groceries for the New Year.
1 member likes this
#2927164 Dec 8th a 02:54 PM
by LH19
LH19
Well it's not an American thing it is a health concern. I actually respect her for not giving in and standing up for what she believes in. Even if it goes against what I believe.
1 member likes this
#2927195 Dec 8th a 06:18 PM
by DonH
DonH
Originally Posted by Ginger1
One surgeon says there isn’t enough data? Jesus.

Oh I can name MANY healthcare providers that believe the jury is still way out on the vaccines. Many interestingly also believe natural immunity is far superior. These are not low level quacks either. One was chair of a state medical board (years back) another was the most amazing ER doc I’ve ever worked with, was a flight doc on and on. Interestingly though the great majority of these folks are outside of corporate medicine. Isn’t that interesting. These huge one size fits all corporations who won’t allow their doctors to actually practice medicine let alone speak their minds are making healthcare much worse. Its almost like indoctrination or a cult. Even my PMD when discussing the vaccine for me said “would you like the corporate stance I’m supposed to give you or my actual opinion? You’re not recording me are you? Lol”

And for the record, I’ll lay it out so I’m not misquoted, I believe everyone over 65 should strongly consider getting vaccinated. I’d nearly plead for you to do it. 40 to 65, it depends but probably a good idea. 20 to 40, it really depends. And under 20. Likely not worth the unknown or already seen risk. In the end however, it’s YOUR CHOICE.

There are just way more who are unsure or against but they have been brow beat or threatened with their jobs. Well what a way to win an argument or influence people - threaten them. There’s good medical practice - as a physician the corporation will tell you how to practice and what to say - after buying up all of these independent practices and pushing them into their conglomerate. Scary.

And with that I’m done hijacking your new thread. Maybe I’ll even comment n the actual topic.
1 member likes this
#2927433 Dec 15th a 04:31 PM
by LH19
LH19
Actually the best break up I have ever had. Just disappointment I think that we weren't on the same page.

I have a feeling she will be a part of my life in the future at some capacity. Not sure why but call it a gut feeling.
1 member likes this
#2927462 Dec 16th a 04:13 AM
by kml
kml
I don’t think any of us are talking about a relationship with no effort, no baggage or no inconveniences. But I think when we say it should be “easy”, is that when you’re reasonably well matched in temperament, and equally attracted to each other, and both parties are non-crazy adults - well, the relationship interactions should feel natural and “easy”.
1 member likes this
#2927474 Dec 16th a 02:40 PM
by LH19
LH19
So I am going to journal a little.

Went to a wake yesterday. My godparents daughter passed at 61 unvaccinated. Survived by mom, 4 sisters, 2 daughters and grandchildren.

After the service the minister asked if anyone wanted to speak. A friend from kindergarten got up to speak and cried uncontrollably the entire time telling stories. I realized then I have at least 3 friends who would probably do the same since I have known them for 40 plus years. I realize how rare that is and how lucky I am.

Tough times in life for sure right now but having amazing people in your life sure makes it easier.
1 member likes this
#2927534 Dec 20th a 02:06 PM
by LH19
LH19
Originally Posted by OnlyBent
There is nothing better than true friends, I'm happy for you that you have at least 3 in your life mate. Going through the sh!tty times reveals your friends true colours, its almost like its a gift.
Health, great friends/family and good kids is all you need in life. Anything else is just a cherry on top. I am helping a friend go through his eventual D and he always tells me he doesn't know what he would do with out me.

Originally Posted by OnlyBent
Have you heard from the lady since you ended things?
No. I don't expect to for awhile. She would have to have different goals moving forward and I am not so sure she ever will. She's a pretty strong chick and knows what she wants and I can't see her settling for anything less anytime soon.

On a side note, I did hear yesterday from a girl I dated which ended because we lived in different countries and then the pandemic hit. I had lost a ring in her bed one night. Went to sleep it was on and woke up it was gone. Search high and low and couldn't find it. She sent me a picture saying of it saying "look what I found". I find this stuff fascinating. I remember reading once that 90% of the time an ex will eventually reach out for something.

I had a great road trip with my kids yesterday. I use to think there was something missing on these trips buy I don't anymore. We are a family of three and I believe that is how we are going to stay for awhile.
1 member likes this