Thread Like Summary
AndrewP, bttrfly, DejaVu6, Traveler
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2926924 12/02/2021 11:19 PM
by kml
kml
Last thread: Onward and … well, onward: https://www.divorcebusting.com/foru...flat&Number=2926922&#Post2926922

Homecare agency had to cancel at last minute today, fortunately my new patient this afternoon cancelled so I was able to get home before my son’s bedtime. CMM must be feeling a little better today, he’s online ordering a fruit basket lol!

Honestly, my oldest son has been such a giant help - I couldn’t do this without him. He’s a good soil, and it’s fortuitous that he works the graveyard shift.

I haven’t heard anything back from my ex. (I did send him a text yesterday letting him know I had sent him an email and he acknowledged that, so I presume he has read it). This is his typical M.O. when he’s going to say no - a long pause, keeping everyone on tenterhooks, while he composes a response which paints him as the poor put upon person instead of a cheap father who won’t help his kids. Oh well. I should be used to the idea that this is who he is now.
Liked Replies
#2927500 Dec 17th a 04:04 AM
by kml
kml
Lol I must be so tired - the last half of that post was meant to be a text to my friend. Still in that spaced out place. Love to all.
2 members like this
#2927711 Dec 25th a 07:53 PM
by kml
kml
Merry Christmas everyone. I know for many of us it doesn’t look like what we expected, or what our past Christmases looked like. Some of us are grieving. Some of us are separated from our loved ones. BUT - new traditions can be started, friends can share in the Christmas celebrations, the pandemic won’t last forever. We are all phoenixes that have risen from the ashes. Share love today, call your friends and family, sing some carols, embrace what is and what can be in the future.
2 members like this
#2928352 Jan 12th a 06:06 PM
by kml
kml
Still here, just muddling through the month. Awaiting the final episode of Station Eleven, which comes out tomorrow - my son and I have been really enjoying this show (on HBO Max).

My schedule is reduced but it doesn't really feel like it - beginning of the year post-holiday break work pile-up, transitioning to online prescribing, numerous Covid-related patient calls, post-grief fog - all has combined into me still not getting home early despite my schedule reductions. Thank goodness I didn't have a full schedule this month.

Still, got my bills paid and estimated taxes paid, hope to get more organizing done in my home this weekend, slowly but surely. I've also been keeping up with the Thousand Mile Challenge which I plan to actually finish this year.
2 members like this
#2927627 Dec 22nd a 07:39 PM
by kml
kml
Thank god my ex has never snooped. Of course, I moved a 45 minute drive away and he hates to drive. I'd be mad as hell though if he came into MY house uninvited.

I should think about getting one of those doorbell cameras though just as a safety thing. My neighborhood is very safe, but my front door is secluded on the side of the house.
1 member likes this