Thread Like Summary
AndrewP, Cadet, smilie, SteveLW
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2799816 07/06/2018 9:07 AM
by Cadet
Cadet
I am starting this thread because I just got a notice that in the next few weeks we will be upgrading to a higher version of UBB software and then we will be also purging the forum of older threads.
I am trying to find out what those parameter will be but I had started this thread about 4 years ago on the MLC forum on how to save your posts.
So the first post follows:

If you didnt notice this I re-post it here

NOTICE: We are running maintenance and pruning the forums this week and next. If there are any Topics or Posts you want to keep, please save them asap, as they may be deleted.
WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO KEEP THE FORUMS UP AND RUNNING.
HOWEVER, THERE MAY BE TIMES DURING THIS PROCESS WHEN THEY ARE DOWN.
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.

So if you want to save your threads here is how.

Find the thread you want
Click on Topic options in upper left corner
Then print options
Then print to a file rather than paper

Hope that helps

Thanks
Liked Replies
#2922034 Aug 1st a 12:43 AM
by job
job
smilie,

No apologies necessary and no, you were not speaking out of turn. Others have advised us over the years what needs to be done. Unfortunately, all we can do is relay the problems and hope for the best in getting them fixed.

Cadet and I use to get notifications when someone reported something, but we have not been getting those notifications for several months. Yes, we have reported several times and we were hoping that the update would bring things back to a normal way of doing business. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We were advised a week ago that only a portion of the update had been completed because the person doing the update had a personal emergency and needed to be away from the office for a period of time. So, it looks like Cadet and I will have plenty to report on come Monday.

BTW, private messaging has never been activated in the many years that I have been her. I am curious to find out if the editing capability has been reactivated for the "Divorce" forum. Another one that I have reported a number of times not working.

I guess we shall call this update a work in progress. All will be reported on Monday and then we shall see what happens.
3 members like this
#2922054 Aug 2nd a 03:17 PM
by job
job
I received word back from the Administrator this morning...they are working on the glitches and have apologized for the inconvenience. No time line as to when the issues will be resolved...so, please be patient. As Cadet has pointed out...my pay grade is the same as the users as well. Cadet and I will keep you informed as we move along in the week.
2 members like this
#2922051 Aug 2nd a 02:43 PM
by Cadet
Cadet
Originally Posted by job
smilie,

No apologies necessary and no, you were not speaking out of turn. Others have advised us over the years what needs to be done. Unfortunately, all we can do is relay the problems and hope for the best in getting them fixed.

Cadet and I use to get notifications when someone reported something, but we have not been getting those notifications for several months. Yes, we have reported several times and we were hoping that the update would bring things back to a normal way of doing business. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We were advised a week ago that only a portion of the update had been completed because the person doing the update had a personal emergency and needed to be away from the office for a period of time. So, it looks like Cadet and I will have plenty to report on come Monday.

BTW, private messaging has never been activated in the many years that I have been her. I am curious to find out if the editing capability has been reactivated for the "Divorce" forum. Another one that I have reported a number of times not working.

I guess we shall call this update a work in progress. All will be reported on Monday and then we shall see what happens.
YUP to all of the above.

I just tried "Likking" JOB's post as I have no idea what that does.
We will see if anything happens from that.

Sorry folks - my pay grade here is the same as users, so I get the same results but I do know that the administrator is trying.
1 member likes this
#2922120 Aug 4th a 12:53 PM
by job
job
The powers to be are very much aware of the issues. They are working on it! Please be patient. Trust me, I would be one of the happiest people if the site were working properly. I am very aware of of the posters' frustration because Cadet and I are right there with you.
1 member likes this
#2922359 Aug 13th a 09:35 AM
by AndrewP
AndrewP
Everything does seem to be working great. Many thanks to the team for keeping this resource available and their patience with us all.
1 member likes this
#2922337 Aug 12th a 08:12 PM
by Cadet
Cadet
Virginia let us know that the upgrade is finally complete.

So hopefully the logging on issues are now over.
1 member likes this
#2922380 Aug 13th a 04:33 PM
by Cadet
Cadet
Originally Posted by AndrewP
Everything does seem to be working great. Many thanks to the team for keeping this resource available and their patience with us all.
So Andrew can you use the "LIKE" button - I liked your post and I can see that, was wondering if this is working for anyone else?
1 member likes this