Originally Posted by Traveler
Originally Posted by BL42
Ginger1 - Not sure how you put up with dropping your daughter off at your Exs/OWs for so long. That must've caused you so much pain over the years. It still riles me up after a year or two. You must be a saint.
You don't have to be a saint. Once you work through the breakup, it won't "rile you up" much. Feeling "riled up" is common among the newly divorced, but it's uncommon among acquaintances and friends I know in real life divorced 5-15yrs. Some waited for time to work its magic. Others didn't see themselves improving quickly enough and turned to therapy.

Some people get trapped by their anger. Just be mindful of whether each year is easier than the last.

My feelings a bit more than a decade in? Yesterday was my Thanksgiving. My kids and I joked that our home's in a different time zone than XW's, which explains the magic for them of celebrating the holiday twice! I sent half a homemade pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream over when my XW picked up the kids. Thu->Sun I'm kid-free. It's time for me to travel!

I'm not trying to be negative, but CW can we tone down the self-righteousness when you're the one who made the decision to not keep your family together. Don't know anyone on here who got made that decision. Know your audience a bit mate.