@kml, Biden really brought rebounds to the forefront. I'm quickly realizing 5 days + 2 negative tests or 10 days is "good enough" for work, but not "good enough" to see my girlfriend and keep her safe. smirk

We're doing watch parties and socially-distanced easy hikes for now.

---

@Don, among people I know (age 40+) who caught it, there have been many serious health consequences. Ms. Sunshine's dad caught it and died. K's sister caught it and she has symptoms 6 months later. My Traveling BFF and her sister and her dad caught it and the dad ended up in the ICU with life-threatening issues. My BFF caught it and was knocked out with a fever for 3 days. My brother, his GF, and his XW caught it and they lost their sense of taste for a month. Chocolate still tastes wrong to XW. For the stats-minded, 1 of 9 died (elderly), 2 of 9 were hospitalized (elderly), and 3 of 9 had serious consequences.

"A significant difference between the Omicron Covid surge and the Delta wave is that the former has mostly upper respiratory tract symptoms with fever duration much shorter, sometimes as short as 72 hours. Delta was associated with high-grade fever stretching over a long time." - Dr Joshi, COVID 19 Task Force.

I am grateful my fever vanished in 36hrs! More importantly, that I can taste chocolate. wink

COVID isn't TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt but it's more than JustAFlu.