Awhile ago, Andrew shared his philosophy on dating: how a person cares for their car is a glimpse into how they care for other things in life. In Andrew's version of Tinder, instead of ladies wearing tight pants to show off their arse or men taking selfies of their.. abs.. it's whose trunk reigns supreme?!

I had mixed feelings about that. Before any date, I tossed all but a few strategic items into a bag and then visited a car wash. It's easy to fake a clean car. I still had to explain why my engine made a funny noise, why my registration sticker was the wrong color, or why I couldn't return the item I borrowed that was in my trunk now but give me a day. I was never open to spontaneously going in my car when we'd planned to walk or take their car.

My home is in such better shape. Today is devoted to car love. I repaired the damage my car received and updated the nav system so I can find places hands-free. it was in "okay" shape to drive my BFF yesterday. Today is set aside for exterior washing, internal detailing, and changing out simple parts that look helluva old so my car looks "very good" again.