I thought I'd move to my own post to get some thoughts out, despite having just read a post that lamented the fact that some come here just to journal and that isn't really what this place is for. For me, it is because sometimes things that seemingly have nothing to do with relationships and marriage are, in fact, all tied up in that.

My situation at work has just become soul crushing after the dismissal of my entire department and I feel like I'm the one left here picking up pieces where I can because I'm a 12 month employee. I'm watching them clean out their offices and say goodbye and it hurts. Of course, that will be me in just a hair over a month, but it is what it is.

Fortunately, though, my precious husband has been so amazingly supportive through all of this. Letting me cry on his shoulder, lifting me up when I need it, just listening when I need to vent. I'm so very grateful for him and just have become convinced that this is at least part of the reason he was put in my path. I'm so very grateful for him. He's one of the good ones!

My niece is getting married to her high school sweetheart this weekend and it is so precious to see their love blossom and grow as they do. They are starting out on their adult journey together, as my niece just graduated from college Friday and they both have their first professional adult jobs. I'm so excited for these kids and hope that they have a long, happy life together.

Bittersweet times in my world right now, but I'm trying to focus on all the good, family celebrations and a new job shortly. And, of course, an awesome husband sharing it all with me. I'm so very thankful, grateful, and blessed.