Originally Posted by bttrfly
Josh, it's really good to let those emotions out. I'm here to tell you, as miserable as it feels in the moment, this will not last. You will get through this. You have some great support here.
I feel supported here, more than anywhere else in RL.

Well, one the plus side, STBXW is responding well to boundaries. No BS arguing if I'm in her way or inconveniencing her. I can even see her trying to prevent outbursts when a conversation goes down a path she doesn't agree with. And the one time today where she tried something, I shot it down. Respectfully, of course. I wish it was like this, like in 2009! Lol

She unloaded a bit with me about how her plan to move in to her parents won't work. Her Mom said no, and I agreed and validated that it was unfair and disappointing that her own parent wasn't supportive. Now STBXW has more stress because she'll have to find a three bedroom unit that is pet friendly, or disrupt the kids school year, and move to a different suburb. I know I did a great job validating.

I reread NMMNG. So much more work for me and IC.

Today, I feel rested. Had a GAL night out with work mates, and despite feeling like crap, I had a great time.

STBXW and I have a school function today. It will involve a 40 minute drive each way. Not looking forward to it. But I'm not to care about any of her reactions, right?