Originally Posted by Elbereth
I’m sad that this whole debacle took away from the King Richard movie and the amazing story and life of Venus and Serena Williams. That movie was great and inspiring.

IMO the mother was the true hero. She is the one who worked and was the financial support for the family. She stayed in an unhappy marriage for the sake of her kids. She was the source of strength for her kids when their father was putting pressure on them. However, I am guessing that a "Queen Oracene" movie would probably not generate the same hype and revenue as "King Richard".

Originally Posted by BL42
I did see some speculation as to what would've happened instead if Dave Chapelle or Joe Rogan would've been there instead of Chris Rock lol

As we commonly say in this forum, "Not taking any action is an action too" smile If Rock had responded, this would have been more ammunition for the media to spin it into a whose actions were worse. Rock's reaction has forced Smith to apologize to him publicly, admit he was wrong and deal with the consequences of this to his career. He had to resign from the Academy, Netflix & Sony announced today that they will put any projects with him on hold and other chips are likely to fall.

Originally Posted by Kind18
Their relationship is all f****d up on so many levels.

This is a good lesson for why it is important to stand up to your partner and not let them walk all over you. Doing so will not only hurt your relationship but also hurt you in other aspects of your life

Originally Posted by bttrfly
and while we all watch the oscars/will smith/chris rock show, nobody is paying attention to what's really going on in the world. spin spin spin ...

Discussing this and other world events is not exclusive. Entertainment is important for a balanced life and a large percentage of the human population count on movies as one of their sources of entertainment. So, when something like this happens involving a A-list actor on the night of what could have been one of the greatest in his professional career, it is indeed big news. Spin on the other hand is focusing on misinformation that is fed through our echo chambers and thinking something is more important than it truly is.