Great things are afoot! I was able to finally find spray-starch at a local grocery store. I ran out a few months ago and was unable to find any locally. I tried making my own but ended up with very inconsistent results - some spotting on some of my darker shirts that then had to be re-washed.

I've stocked up and probably have enough to last me through to the fall. Certainly won't let myself run out next time. I think that the brand that I had previously used has been discontinued which is why none of the stores were stocking it.

In other good news I had brunch with my son today and he's got a new job! Still driving forklift but at an auto plant now so a union position with good benefits. He starts tomorrow. He said that he was down to about $100 with all his bills paid up so the timing is good. In the current job market there's lots of jobs but I'm glad he's landed one now as I personally expect some sort of economic down-turn in the next number of months.

We talked about Easter Sunday and I expect that he'll be here as usual. Ham and scalloped potatoes are on the menu instead of duck. I'll probably make a rhubarb / black currant pie and use up the last of last year's crop. The rhubarb is already poking it's noses out of the ground in the garden.

He said that his cat is doing much better now as well. I took mine to the vet on Friday afternoon and he did well on his checkup. Even though he doesn't care for strangers it turns out that he's a sucker for a stranger with a tasty treat. His health is good - no change to his heart murmur but he's gotten a bit chunky so I need to start reducing the amount I'm feeding him. The vet gave me a guideline.

I did see my xW and OM out walking their dogs today as I was driving home. Didn't get a good look at them but I presume they're doing well. It does appear that my xW has a new dog - she lost the one she had when she left a while ago from what I understand. It was really a non-event to see them. I'm glad I don't run across them regularly - I think this is the first time I've seen them together in about 5 years. I've occasionally seen her in her car and once or twice him out with his dog but it's pretty rare even though they live on a busy street that I use regularly.

Pork cottage roll for dinner tonight perhaps with mashed potatoes and certainly fresh bread. I should be doing some extra cleaning this weekend as it's the first weekend of the month but I was late doing it last month so might wait until there's some weather where I can open all the doors and windows which won't be long. There's some sort of smell in my side porch that will need it to be emptied and a good scrub given.