Originally Posted by kml
That's a fantastic track record for medical school. Shame they don't feel they can make room for both those students and the more "trade" training. We are facing a shortage of primary care doctors and it's about to get much worse - my baby boomer doctor peers are retiring earlier than anticipated, in part due to Covid. Every time I turn around it seems that someone in my community is retiring.

The home office sounds like a great idea - even if you don't end up working from home, it could be used in other ways - prepping for your new job, writing your novel, writing Sparky's cookbook wink .

It is a fantastic record. We really have top-notch faculty and top-notch students. It is sad to me that they are trying to turn the whole thing into a business, but I think that is a trend in education at the moment that hopefully won't stick.

Funny you mention the home office for books. Those who know me IRL know that I have talked for years about writing a book. I think I'm going to get started on it because it would be a cathartic part of this whole messy process I'm living with at the moment. As far as Sparky's cookbook, he and his boss are working out the plans to start on one this summer. They have an idea and are kind of brainstorming through it to figure out the best way to approach it.

Life rolls on. I applied for a job yesterday that is in my wheelhouse, but I don't necessarily meet all the qualifications for, so we'll see how that goes. Spring break is next week. In fact, as soon as I complete this post, I'm heading out to begin my week off early and am going to relish every single second of it. I don't plan to worry about jobs or money or anything other than working on the house, relaxing, spending time with family. I need a break and I d@mn well intend to take it and enjoy it.

Life is going to look very different in the coming months and I'm at peace with that. I'm at peace with moving on from where I am now and finding my new normal. It's a process and I'm here for it.

Happy weekend, DB friends! Get out there and enjoy!