Originally Posted by LH19
Originally Posted by Dawn70
I couldn't care less if he lived to be 100 or dropped dead next week because he's just a non-issue in my life anymore.
Holy smokes Dawn. Dropped dead tomorrow.

Well I said next week, actually……

But my point was, I care about him as far as the girls are concerned because he’s their dad and I love them so I would feel bad for them if something happened to him because it would be hard for them. For me, personally, though, our lives have gone on separately from each other as though we never existed in each other’s worlds so his disappearance from mine wouldn’t affect me beyond “oh how sad” and feeling bad for the girls and his family. I know it sounds harsh but that’s how I deal with people who play with my emotions. I cut them out completely. Not terribly healthy, probably, but it is what it is. I do think it is easier for me to be that way since we never had children together. I love the girls as though they were mine but I didn’t have a hand in creating them with him so I probably feel differently toward him than people who are divorced from the person they had babies with, if that makes any sense at all.

As far as I’m concerned, he fired me from giving a d@mn about him as a man when he screwed someone else while we were married, lied to my face repeatedly about it, then proclaimed her to be the love of his life 2 weeks after our divorce was final and then had the audacity to lie to me again and say she was just a friend who was going to be his roommate so he could get a “fresh start”. Mmmmmhmmmmmm…..and I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona I’d love to sell ya.