Originally Posted by bttrfly
For those struggling with GAL, when I was at the beginning of this someone I knew gave me some good advice: you know who you were before the relationship. You know who you were during the relationship. It's now time to find out who you are today.

Try some of the things you used to like. Some you'll still enjoy; some you won't. That's ok.

Try, if it's not to painful, some of the things you liked to do while married. Some you'll still enjoy; some you won't. That's ok too.

Now for the hard part. List 3 things you've always wanted to do but have never actually done. Maybe you didn't have the time when you were married. Maybe your partner wasn't interested so you let it slide. Maybe you were afraid to do it (a big one for me was singing in public. squashed that like a bug, but it took time). Pick 3. Do them. Don't let the fear stop you. Feel it and do it anyway. Don't let anything stop you. You only have to try each thing one time.

Let me know how it goes.

Being a LBS means you've been given a gift - the gift of finding out who you are RIGHT NOW. Don't waste it because someone else can't see the treasure before them.

I love this! It’s been on my mind the whole week already.
I will follow your advice. I will think about 3 things I always wanted to do when I was younger.
Will be back in a bit of time. xxx