Thanks, all! I’m struggling with all of this because my current job is my lifelong dream and I have the greatest boss on the planet. I feel loyalty to my department but not the school itself so it is hard to feel like I’m letting down those faces I look at every day. Neither of the jobs I applied for today are jobs I would normally seek out but both pay considerably more than what I earn now (we’re talking $20,000+ more). Both people I sent resumes to this morning have already reached out to me. One asked me to do a phone interview Monday. The other said she was forwarding my resume to the recruiter and she is confident I would hear from her next week. The friend who referred me to that one called me right after I got the email and said he’d just gotten off the phone with her and she was super impressed with my resume and was forwarding my resume because she thinks I’m a very strong candidate. So, we shall see. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Change can be painful but it is a good thing. Definitely forcing me out of my comfort zone but that isn’t bad, particularly if I end up with a bigger paycheck on the back end. It’s not all about the money but more of it would certainly eliminate some of our other issues.