Well, I pulled the trigger, so to speak, and applied for the 2 jobs I had leads on today. Both were referred to me by friends and in both cases, said friend said they would provide a glowing recommendation. One already did so yesterday before I even actually sent my resume and the other did this morning just as soon as I messaged him that I sent it. So, we will see..........it was hard. I cried when I sent them. I don't want to leave this job. But, I can't wait around to find out if they are going to keep me and then stay on, particularly at reduced pay. The furlough, we've been told, will last through May and "maybe til the end of summer", but realistically, while the furlough itself may end when school begins next August, the likelihood of being restored to my previous salary by then is very minimal. It is going to be tough to manage on 20% less so I'm doing what I have to do. I'm sad.

Sparky and I are SO looking forward to our outing tomorrow. We can't wait! It will do both of us some good for sure. I had tentatively planned on bringing some kind of treat to work Monday to share with everyone, but I told Sparky recently that I'm just tired. I give and give and give of myself and even now, when I'm over a barrel, waiting on the admin to make decisions that affect my future, I feel like I'm letting them down in applying for other jobs. Screw that!

Anyway, hope everyone has a lovely weekend.