Oh, Cw....LH hit it squarely on the head. You do, indeed, march to your own drummer. That is not necessarily a bad thing, for the record.

Listen, I say all the time, we are all different with different experiences, but if I were traveling with a guy and he wanted to share a room, I would likely suspect that he had some underlying intentions. If I were into pursuing those intentions, I would agree to sharing, but if I weren't or if I valued the friendship more or whatever, I would say no to sharing. I will admit, though, that my best friend (male) and I travel together and always share a room mainly for cost savings, but not a bed. For me, that is a different because he is like my brother and I would share a room with my brother.

So, I get that your dilemma is that you have a solid friendship with this woman that you don't want to lose. If that is the case, be careful about mixed signals. Whether she had preconceived ideas that she could get with you or it happened spur of the moment after you agreed to room with her, who knows? But, I will say, wanting to share a bed because she was cold seems a bit maneuver-y to me. I could absolutely be wrong since I don't know the woman, but just sharing a room is one thing, but sharing a bed is a whole other thing. Then asking you to share because she's susceptible to the cold? Yeah, like others said, offer her an extra blanket and stay out of the bed.

That is just my 2 cents...you are going to do what you are going to do.

As far as Sunshine thinking you were making a play based on what y'all did, I seem to recall when you brought that up originally that many advised you to NOT do the picnic thing because that came across more romantic than you perhaps intended, but you just kept saying that is who you were. While I would never advise someone to be inauthentic, I would say that you likely need to think about how others perceive things, particularly if you do NOT want to get entangled in another Sunshine situation.