Originally Posted by Traveler
The attitude of most people today seems to be 'get busy living or get busy dying' due to the uncertainty and constantly changing nature of the pandemic.
Getting vax'd and boosted, and wearing a mask vs. taking rapid tests don't prevent you from Stephen King's Shawshankian notion to "Get busy living." [/quote]

I agree with you. However everyone seems to have their own threshold for what prevents them from 'get busy living'. For some, it appears wearing a mask breaches that threshold. Personally, I will continue to wear masks in the near term. If I can help a high risk person whether they are obese, diabetic or have other issues from falling seriously ill with COVID, I am happy to do that.

Originally Posted by Traveler
Fun and taking precautions are compatible, like enjoying sex but wearing condoms with new partners, like climbing a mountain but wearing a harness and safety rope when exposure would mean death and I'm a parent.

Different people will have different definitions of when it is safe to no longer use a condom with a sexual partner. Different people will have different definitions of whether a specific mountain is risky to climb, regardless of whether safety gear smile

Originally Posted by DonH
How or why covid has taken on a life of it's own and become a religion for some, is beyond my understanding. I just know we somehow went from "just a few weeks to flatter the curve" two years ago - TWO FLIPPING YEARS. Can you wrap your heads around that?

5.5 million people have died due to COVID. If additional safety measures had helped reduce the toll by even 10%, that's 550,000 people. For context, the largest city in Wisconsin by population is Milwaukee with a population of about 595,000.