Whew..survived week 1 of 2022 with fairly good results. I've been busy all week working on budget stuff because our budgets got cut AGAIN and I had to reorganize a bunch of stuff, but I received some heavy praise yesterday not only from our department head, but also our dean who has to approve everything. She complimented my thorough and organized budget and said she should just give me the budget stuff then let me teach a class on how to do it right. It's not rocket science, people! But, that still made me feel good. Of course, we have little money to spend, but it is what it is. LOL

Winter finally decided to show up in Arkansas and I'm over it already. It was in the 70s on Christmas Day which is too warm for December, but it was 20 degrees this morning and that is too cold for ANY month. Fingers crossed we don't have a big snow storm like we did last year. We hillbillies are not cut out for that sort of crap.

We're still riding the high from our beloved Razorbacks college football bowl win on New Year's Day in the Outback Bowl. It was a great game and we enjoyed it. Plus, we ended that day with our traditional black eye peas, greens, ham and cornbread dinner, so we are ready for ALL the luck in 2022.

I'm looking forward to classes starting Monday. I only have 1 class this semester and a teaching assistant is actually teaching it. I just have to sit in to "be the adult in the room" in case the young lady loses control or whatever, but it should be a fairly easy chore for me and I'm thankful for the opportunity to work with the young lady. She's a very bright girl and will do well.

Sparky finally has a doctor's appointment to get his c-pap supplies now that his insurance is up and running so that is a very good thing. We just have to get him in to his regular doc to see about another issue, then he'll be all set. Poor guy....tomorrow is the anniversary of his dad's death and it hits him super hard every year because he was very close to his dad. On top of that, he found out earlier this week that his best friend is dying and has been given about a month to live. End stage COPD. I tried to help him feel better by reminding him that his mother has stage IV COPD and she's still around, but I know he's upset about it and there isn't much I can do to help him other than listen and be there for him. He's going to go over and hang out with his buddy tomorrow and have some guy time with him. I hope it helps.

This weekend, the nutcracker army will go back to storage until next Christmas. It will be a bittersweet day as I love having them out. Sparky told me he'd be fine with them staying out all year and I love them, but that is a bit too much. If anyone else is feeling like their slacking, take solace in the fact that my Christmas trees are still up too. LOL They won't be after this weekend, but today, they are still fully on display. LOL It's a chore to get them down.

Anyway, hope everyone has a lovely weekend.