Originally Posted by BL42
Perhaps a New Year resolution to create boundaries related to ExH/OW/ExILs? It's great you're there for your daughter and show her everyone can get along, but it doesn't mean you have to cater to and spend time with them. It's OK to tell her "no" when it comes to ExH and his people, and let her spend time with them on their time.

That may be one option but I think it would be the selfish one. The kids and in this case little G did not ask for this situation. Ginger is doing what’s best for her daughter even if it may not be best for her. It’s what true parents do.

Originally Posted by DejaVu6
In my opinion, there are no hard and fast rules other than that we know kids do much better if they see their parents getting along so we don’t want to make them feel like they are caught in the middle. You, my friend, are someone who sets an example for us all in how to best do that.

I could not agree more. I always strive to call um as I see um and have at times questioned some of Gs actions but when it comes to dealing with the ex, having ex MIL, otherwise known to D as GRANDMA, doing things with D as a FAMILY… well as Deja totally nails it: Ginger sets the example of how it should be done. She’s doing what’s best for her daughter. As it should be. You should be very proud of yourself Ginger. You’ve realized it’s not about you - it’s about D.