Originally Posted by CWarrior
Disorganization? My last thread title was I'm Done Being Disorganized. I think this is an area I can genuinely make changes without resentment that may make us more compatible.

To me, this is the crux of the matter in any relationship...not just yours with Sunshine. This is a rhetorical question, by the way...just something to think about. "I think this is an area I can genuinely make changes without resentment that may make us more compatible." Do you WANT to make changes that enhance your own life or do you "want" to make changes solely for the purpose of being more compatible with Sunshine? Those are 2 entirely different things. If you want to make changes because you are just tired of being disorganized or whatever, then that is great, more power to you. If you want to change simply to appease her, well, that is a bigger deal. As I said earlier, I'm looking through the lens of the one in the duo who is organized, so maybe I see things differently, but wanting to make changes for you vs. wanting to make changes to suit her are 2 entirely different animals. It speaks volumes to me that your son, who is fairly young, realizes that it is more difficult for you to pay at certain places because of your disorganization. That would be alarming enough for me to want to make a change so that my kids developed better habits. I'm not a fan of anyone pretzeling themselves into a different person just for the sake of making another person happy or more comfortable or whatever.