Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: JWM Life after seperation - 03/02/09 07:57 PM
Hello all...my W and I sperated in house over 5 months ago. We physically seperated our residences last week. Things are working out great. Our D8 seems to be taking it all in stride with no problems.

My W and I have almost no interaction. She seems like a stranger. We only talk about what D8 needs.

W could not interact with my family that came for the weekend...strange.
Posted By: techguy Re: Life after seperation - 03/06/09 07:11 AM
Hey John... came to say hi and let you know I've bookmarked your thread.

All is good over here. Formally signed my discovery paperwork this week. Should start settlement discussions in a week or two.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 03/09/09 03:38 PM
Techguy, great to hear from you. I'm just a few days behind you. I talked to my attorney last week and he is working on the same paperwork. We are going to do the collaborative divorce process.

Things are going great for me personally. My D8 seems to be doing well but I sense some anger issues. She is more moody now and her mother seems to be having a lot of problems with her.
Posted By: FitChik Re: Life after seperation - 03/12/09 04:27 AM
John,

Thoughts I'd stop by and say hey! Glad to hear you're doing good. How's everything going?
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 03/13/09 12:36 PM
FitChik, things are OK. I miss having my daughter with me each day.

W seems to just want me to support her financially and nothing else. The divorce is proceeding now because I'm pushing it. I've been to MC with her for months...she does not know even how to be a friend.

Life is good...peaceful. I'm enjoying not need to take care of anyone else for a time.

Thanks for stopping by...
Posted By: FitChik Re: Life after seperation - 03/14/09 04:03 AM

Peaceful is a great thing to feel after all of the previous chaos. I found that when I got out of the limbo stage, I felt a lot of resolve and peace.

Sorry about your W. My H was very cold, distance, and unfriendly for a while and it was not fun! It was hard to not only lose my spouse but also my best friend. A lot of change in a short amount of time....

Hope you're having a good weekend :-)
Posted By: techguy Re: Life after seperation - 03/17/09 05:03 PM
Hey John,

The settlement meeting is next Wed, March 25th. Hoping to wrap it up in one day. Then they just need to type it up and get the formal signature.

Sounds like you are doing good.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 03/18/09 07:08 PM
FitChik, things are better now. Even my W seems more at ease. We are working together to get through this. She and I are going to use the collaborative divorce process. We have enough assets that we probably cannot fairly divide up what we have. Neither one of us wants to take advantage of the the other.

The benefit of us working together is that my D8 is doing great.

Life is going to be better for all of us. I know it goes against what this site is all about, but things are working out for the best...that means a divorce.

Hope you are doing OK.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 03/18/09 07:13 PM
Techguy, thanks for stopping by. Great to hear that everything is working out for you so well. I hope things go as smoothly for us. It really comes down to a business transaction now for both of us.

How are your kids doing with this?...and your new house?
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 03/22/09 12:33 AM
Just wanted to give an update.

W and I will meet with attorneys on Tuesday to start the collaborative divorce process. We are both being careful to work together for the sake of D8...which is good. I have no regrets and see the divorce as a positive thing in my life. I gave my M everything I had...life is good and it seems much more beautiful now.

Life has gone from blah to one filled with color and the difference is amazing.

Wanted to tell all my friends here that I will stop by from time to time. I want to keep up with you. I do appreciate all the help everyone has given me here.
Posted By: FitChik Re: Life after seperation - 03/22/09 08:33 PM
Thanks for the update. I am very glad you are at peace and enjoying life. I will keep you and your family in my prayers :-)
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 04/28/09 02:02 AM
Just an update:

W and I are proceeding with the divorce. We are having an independent financial consultant determine the seperate property issues so we can fairly divide our assets and real estate. Everything is just a negotiation now.

Even so she has invited me to dinner the last two days???
Posted By: FitChik Re: Life after seperation - 04/28/09 04:18 AM
Good to hear from you John. How are you dealing with everything? I hope things are going well.

If there is one thing we all know - we will never understand our spouses and why they do the things they do :-).
Posted By: Dudess Re: Life after seperation - 04/28/09 05:29 AM
Originally Posted By: JWM
Just an update:

W and I are proceeding with the divorce. We are having an independent financial consultant determine the seperate property issues so we can fairly divide our assets and real estate. Everything is just a negotiation now.

Even so she has invited me to dinner the last two days???

Hmmmmm. Did you accept?

Maybe just wanting to be friendly with the father of her child?

Hope you are doing well and enjoying spring.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 04/28/09 12:39 PM
FitChik, I agree...no way to understand what is going on with her. Her Mom was here and she has more issues with her than with me. I think she was shocked a couple of weeks ago when I changed the locks on our house. She got the message that things are changing so she may be playing me a bit.

I'm doing great...my work keeps me busy and I have good friends and family. When things get tough I go workout. My daughter and I are close and she is doing well...in some ways better.

Dudess, thanks, the spring here in Austin is beautiful. Got the boat out last weekend to get it ready for the lake...can't wait.
Posted By: smartcookie Re: Life after seperation - 04/28/09 08:07 PM
Hi J,

looks like you & I are at a similar place in our sitch.... I just changed the lock on the bedroom door. \:\)

Your daughter is a very lucky girl to have you.

remember when we were late night buddies here ?
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 04/29/09 12:08 PM
SC, hey, I do remember. Seems like a long time ago. Good thing that we are getting to the end of this broken road.
Posted By: Kalni Re: Life after seperation - 04/29/09 12:46 PM
Austin, Tx?... I loved Austin and the "huge pool" you have in the middle (Barton Springs?) and the 6th street and all the tex-mex restaurants... I was 17 when I went the first time. I want to go back sometime...

Oops, sorry, I am Kalni. Have we met before? I am not sure anymore. I 've been here too long I think.

I wish things go as good as possible for you...
K
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 04/29/09 05:44 PM
Kalni, yes, Barton Springs is a great place to swim. My parents used to take me when I was little and it was a little surreal to see it when I first moved back here a few years ago. Austin is a great place to visit and live. We have it all.

Thanks for the support.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 04/29/09 09:25 PM
Got a call from STBXW asking me not to go to Florida on vacation next week. She was worried that she or my daughter would get sick with the flu. I'm not sure she realized when she started this that divorce means not taking care of everything for her.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 05/01/09 02:53 PM
My D8 told me that STBXW is visiting an OM with her. I did not press for any details from D8 but the guy is scary. I'm concerned that STBXW is taking D8 into bad situations with men she may be seeing. I'm trying to not jump to conclusions and will try to get more info from STBXW.

I will protect D8...one way or the other.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 05/05/09 01:59 PM
Spoke to STBXW and she claims the visit to OM was for business. Sounds like D8 has not been back to his trailer.

Ideas and comments welcome.
Posted By: JWM Re: Life after seperation - 05/09/09 08:09 AM
STBXW was going out with this guy tonight. I'm pretty sure he is into drugs. Need to understand how best to find out so I can protect my D8.

I'm going to contact my attorney and get advise on how to proceed.
© DivorceBusting.com