Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: Return10 Moving on - 06/12/11 09:45 PM
Something happy to report: There is a close to same age as we couple in town here that we like very much but don't see very often. Invited them for dinner...the only time they have free is next Sunday...he's a step-dad too and a very devoted one who has been through a lot with his step daughter, same age as my GD. The wife and I decided to turn it into a surprise "Happy Father's Day" party. I have this week to think about what to do.

Want to get a cake for sure
want to make a "box of memories"

any suggestions?
Posted By: 25yearsmlc Re: Moving on - 06/13/11 12:57 AM
obviously memories that you've got photos of, and or handprints, sketches, handmade ANYTHING...

things she wrote in school that are funny/cute or just clueless--which can be very touching...things they did together-

But also, how about a "future plans" or "from this day forward" box, too?

IDK I just thought of it, and have to ponder some more.
Nice though
Posted By: MynameisMZ Re: Moving on - 06/14/11 11:19 AM
OH WOW! This great 10.
I will think today too and get back to you this evening!

<<<MZ>>>
Posted By: Return10 Re: Moving on - 06/21/11 09:45 AM
Pretty radical change of plans! My 83 yo mother had to have surgery on her arm near the shoulder after a terrible fall and I had to come running frown Had to cancel our dinner plans and jump on the plane in a big rush Friday so totally missed Father's Day frown Spent the better part of the two days before that on the phone with my family figuring out several complicating factors and realizing I'd have to come here, so my little project went out the window frown I'll be here until this Th. Poor H spent Father's day alone without much attention at all.

I do wish that my D would express more appreciation. Wonder what tunnel would lead to that cheese... D is at a very busy time...

Over all, maybe I just have to appreciate the sense of family that H, D, and GD have and just let it be instead of trying to fan the little fires. Maybe... more appreciation for what we have is what will fan the little fires...
Posted By: MynameisMZ Re: Moving on - 06/24/11 12:03 AM
Hope all is well with your mum!
© DivorceBusting.com